My Weddings YOUR Way Reviews

My Weddings YOUR Way 1
My Weddings YOUR Way 2

Briana Jones · Married on 12/31/2018

A lucky find

I was searching for an officiant for a wedding that we wanted to happen ASAP. My fiancé and I had been engaged for over 3 years and we were both just ready to be married already. After doing a google search and calling 2 phone numbers where nobody answered Melanie then answered the phone. She was so friendly and warm. She asked my fiancé’s name and then called him by name throughout the rest of the conversation. Our phone call took place on Friday Dec 28th and she said she would be available Monday Dec 31st to marry us. We were so pleased and flattered that she would be available so soon AND that she’d take the time out of her New Years Eve holiday to marry us. We promised we wouldn’t take much of her time. We emailed a few times over the weekend ironing out details. Day of, she showed up early and was so calm, kind and professional. Melanie was truly a pleasure to work with and I’m so thankful she took a chance and answered the phone that Friday night to talk to a crazy girl like me trying to get married as fast as possible. :)

Sent on 01/01/2019
    My Weddings YOUR Way 3

Torrie Angel · Married on 12/01/2018

Just What We Wanted

Glad we found her. I interviewed 4 vendors and was shocked at how they priced things and that they refused to let us have a mixture of my Indian heritage and his Christian beliefs. Melanie agreed to do both. Thank you for such a great day.

Sent on 12/31/2018

Terry Johnson · Married on 11/30/2018

Groom's Review

As a groom that did not want to talk, she helped so much with the three. questions.

Sent on 01/01/2019

Adrienne Markus · Married on 11/17/2018

Everything we wanted and MORE

Melanie helped us design a ceremony and was willing to let our friend read a poem. When she added her "three questions" into our ceremony, it changed the entire tone and our guests love it. We are glad to have her be a part of our family!

Sent on 12/17/2018

Laynie George · Married on 11/03/2018

Very flexible and easy to work with

Melanie helped us write our own vows and made sure we knew where to go to get our license. When we were short on time from arriving on a weekend, she went with us to pick up the license from the courthouse. I could not have found anyone easier to work with and now she is like family.

Sent on 12/31/2018

Sandy · Married on 09/29/2018

Melanie did an amazing job and helped us to create a very special memory. Very professional and Matt & I would recommend her to anyone who needs a wedding.

Sent on 11/20/2017
    My Weddings YOUR Way 4

Jaclyn · Married on 10/08/2017

MELANIE IS THE BEST OUR THERE HANDS DOWN!!!!! Easy to talk to, really gets to know you in the short time you’re with her or even talking to her! Just as sweet when you meet her in person. Very personable and accommodating to whatever type of ceremony you’re wanting and even adds her own special touch to it. If I could get married a million times over I’d have Melanie as my officiant every time!! We loved her and hope to continue to have her in our lives!!!!

Sent on 11/14/2017

Ashley · Married on 10/06/2017

Melanie was the first person I hired after booking our venue. She was the first and only Officiant that I met with. We clicked instantly. She is very down to earth and she will tell you like it is! She also became a venting outlet for me over the ten months of wedding planning and always offered a listening ear. We did not want a completely religious ceremony, but she is ordained so we were able to have a partially religious service to suit the style I wanted. I was able to set up the ceremony how I wanted. I have a daughter from a previous relationship and Melanie offered a special set of vows for the three of us to say together. It not only included my daughter into our ceremony, but EVERYONE said that was their favorite part!

Sent on 12/20/2017

My Weddings YOUR Way's reply:

I absolutely loved helping you make your family complete! It was a joy watching your daughter's face and I'm enjoying watching her grow up from all of your pictures. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of it!

Cameron · Married on 04/15/2017

Found Melanie through my sister that also used her for her wedding. She is professional and fun. Would recommend her to anyone needing an officiant

Sent on 05/01/2017

Rianne · Married on 03/19/2017

Mrs. Melanie was an absolute blessing to work with. Her response time was amazing, and her willingness to help was a beautiful relief in what would otherwise be a stressful time. From first contact on, she was so easy to get along with, and I can't say enough good things about her wonderful demeanor, and her flexibility with our particular wedding style.

On our wedding day, she also offered us some of the best advice we've ever been privy to, which I know my husband and I will always cherish.

If you're looking for a down to earth, wonderful, experienced and calm officiant and you're reading this, I can promise you've found her!

Sent on 03/22/2017

mary · Married on 11/05/2016

Melanie was a dream to work with. From our first conversation on the phone I felt at ease and in good hands. She took time to get to know me and my husband before officiating our ceremony. Several guests remarked that it was the loveliest and most unique ceremony they had been a part of. That was all because of Melanie and her 3 questions! Do NOT skip the questions. I will cherish the answers my husband gave for the rest of our lives! Melanie also took time after our ceremony to give us advice. It was very touching and appreciated. THANK YOU, Melanie!
    XO,
    Mary and Hunter

Sent on 12/05/2016
  • Shayla

Shayla · Married on 10/26/2016

Mrs. Melanie Murray was amazing! She tailored our ceremony to exactly how we wanted it. Even though our ceremony was short and sweet, she made it unforgettable. Everyone of our guest praised us on how sweet and intimate our ceremony was. We couldn't have pulled it off without Mrs. Melanie's help!

Sent on 11/03/2016

Karrie · Married on 10/15/2016

We were referred to Melanie by another vendor in Charleston but she was one of the best decisions we made. Almost everyone that was at our wedding told us that our ceremony was one of the best they've ever been to. The personal touches to the ceremony and her delivery were so special. We even heard the word "compelling", which isn't something you automatically expect from a wedding ceremony. We can't thank you enough!

Sent on 01/04/2017

Karrie,
    Thank you so much for your kind words. I greatly appreciate them. Stay in touch so I can see how you guys are doing!
    Melanie

Julia · Married on 10/07/2016

After an extremely rough week and our wedding being cancelled. We had the absolute joys of being married tonight. Melanie Epps Murray is the absolutely best!!!! She kept a positive attitude the whole entire time and kept my spirits up and told me that we would make it happen. With a lovely intimate ceremony with immediate family and close friends tonight I got the wedding of my dreams. Thank you Melanie for braving Hurricane Matthew and proving that love conquers all!!!

Sent on 10/06/2016

My Weddings YOUR Way's reply:

Julia and Michael, I was thrilled to be a part of your day and so glad that we could work it out. Hurricane Michael certainly tried to stop us... along with police and National Guard...But we all got there. I'm just so happy that I was able to make it and that your wedding worked out so well!

Krystal · Married on 08/30/2016

Melanie with weddings your way was the best! She is very professional and makes sure she delivers the best for you. She is very pleasant to work with. She did an amazing job on joining our family into one with having the kids apart of it as well! I highly recommend her services to anyone that is looking to get married!! She is awesome!!!!!!!

My Weddings YOUR Way's reply:

Krystal, I was thrilled to be a part of your day. Part of what I love about my job is being able to help blended families come together. Your children were beautiful. Blessings to all of you!

Justin · Married on 01/10/2016

So, I'll start with saying our wedding was on in the freezing cold on the beach on January and it was a rainy week. Melanie was awesome both me and my bride were shaking it was so cold and I (the groom) looked like I was having a seizure because I was so cold on top of being nervous. Melanie did her best to keep me calm in the freezing cold while waiting on my bride to walk down the beach and take my hand. She came up with a beautiful and unique ceremony that suited us perfectly. She even understood when me being the absent minded goof that I am forgot all of our paperwork and waited for us at the reception to sign everything. I absolutely would not have been able to pick a better person to marry me and my wife. Melanie really is the best!

Matthew · Married on 11/13/2015

Melanie provided my wife and me excellent service, during our wedding (and days prior). My wife and I only knew what we wanted our vows to be and Melanie helped us plan out everything that would be said, during our ceremony.

When it came down to the time for the wedding to happen, we realized that we had not really planned out how everything would flow, but Melanie offered to step up and even help us there.

If you're looking for anything from a normal service to a full on themed wedding, look no further.

My Weddings YOUR Way's reply:

Thank you so much, Matt for your kind words. I really enjoyed being a part of your special start to the next part of your lives. Blessings to you both!

Mandy · Married on 10/24/2015

If you are considering hiring Melanie, do it! I just can't say enough nice things about her. She was very responsive and took the time to talk us through the entire process. She was early to the rehearsal and the ceremony. She was one factor that I didn't have to worry about.

Melanie asked us both some questions about our relationship and worked our answers into the ceremony. It was the perfect ceremony length and I felt like she really personalized it well. Somehow, she also managed to keep me calm. I was able to really listen and enjoy the ceremony and not just focus on my nerves.

After the ceremony she talked to both of us about how to approach our relationship moving forward and gave us some advice. Though we were from out of town and didn't get to spend a lot of time with her in advance, it felt like she really cared and knew us. She was just perfect and were so honored she could officiate our wedding. What a great person!

Sent on 10/28/2015

My Weddings YOUR Way's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! I enjoyed getting to you know and your family and was honored to be a part of your day!

Donna · Married on 08/12/2015

Melanie was great, we certainly chose the right person to officiate our ceremony. We had some marriage license drama and Melanie came to the rescue for us. She has a great way of personalizing your ceremony and always replied promptly to any questions or changes.

We highly recommend her, you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 09/27/2015

My Weddings YOUR Way's reply:

I am so honored that you chose me to officiate your wedding and that my co-worker was able to help in regards to the license. You had a beautiful wedding and I certainly enjoyed being a part of it. Best wishes in the years to come!

Rikki · Married on 05/23/2015

Melanie was AMAZING! Living in Pennsylvania and getting married in South Carolina could have been VERY stressful, but Melanie was a HUGE help! She was able to help me with questions about where and when to obtain our marriage license over the course of a holiday weekend trip. She was always easy to get ahold of. She has so many choices of ceremony's available to choose from and can customize them from there. Thank you for helping to make our day PERFECT!

Sent on 06/05/2015

Rikki and Robert,
    Thank you SO much for allowing me to be a part of your day. Brides and grooms like you two are so much fun to work with and I was honored to be a part of your day.
    Best wishes to both of you in your lives together!
    Melanie

Mellissa · Married on 03/17/2015

Melanie made our special day even more amazing than I could have imagined. The way she personalized our ceremony really touched our hearts and made the day all the more magical. She answered every question we had about the planning process, gave us tips on where to eat and sights to see. She definitely went above and beyond the service I expected. And the fact that she was able to do this and not even put a dent in our budget was an added bonus. I recommend to anyone who wants their wedding day to be truly memorable: contact Melanie. She really is amazing!

Sent on 03/18/2015

Janae · Married on 02/13/2015

Melanie was absolutely amazing. My husband and I are from two different cultures/religions and she worked with us to capture what was unique about both in our ceremony. She was incredibly flexible with number of guests which was very helpful as all of our guests came from out of town. Melanie was available, very reassuring and calming at a time that was a bit chaotic. I would absolutely selected her as an officiant again. Thank you again Melanie!

Sent on 02/18/2015

Aimee · Married on 10/19/2014

Melanie was awesome! I loved that I was able to piece together a ceremony that fit us as a couple and what we wanted. She was very nice and great to work with. I could not have found anyone better.

Sent on 10/27/2014
  • Dara

Dara · Married on 09/27/2014

Melanie was incredible!! From beginning to end she was attentive, friendly and someone my husband and I were very comfortable with. I wouldn't have gotten through the day without her advice, and the ceremony was absolutely perfect.

Sent on 10/08/2014

Tammy · Married on 09/08/2014

What a great day, with the exception of the weather! Nothing like a beach wedding in the rain and wind but Melanie was bound and determined to make it happen! We waited for the best time and went for it no turning back and it was FABULOUS! I was so nervous and Melanie made me feel so at ease when i arrived to the front of the Arbor she was so pleasant and reassuring and always had great ideas ! Thanks Melanie for making my "Big Day" the best day ever! Tammy Darnell!!

Sent on 09/19/2014

My Weddings YOUR Way's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Tammy! I completely enjoyed being a part of your day and am so glad I got to meet your family! I can't wait to see what your future brings for you two!