My Vacation Lady Reviews

203 | North Brunswick, NJ

203 Reviews for My Vacation Lady

jess · Married on 07/15/2011

What can I say about Mindy except she is AMAZING! Mindy planned every last detail of me and my husband Lou's honeymoon perfectly for us last July 2011. She is extremely knowledgeable about hotels, dining, and activities and provides you with so many options to help you figure out what you might like to do and where to go. Mindy even spends time talking with you about your interests and then sends you suggested ideas based on your personality. Mindy booked our honeymoon in Hawaii for us and everything was amazing. She made sure every hotel and restaurant knew it was our honeymoon and made all of our dining reservations for us with sunset seatings. We have recommended Mindy to all of our friends and many have tried her services and were not disappointed. We plan on working with Mindy again in the future....hopefully soon!

Sent on 08/09/2012

My Vacation Lady's reply:

I look forward to help you and Lou plan many more vacations and thank you for all of the recommendations.

Chuck · Married on 07/03/2011

Mindy was very helpful in setting up our honeymoon. My wife and I tend to procrastinate and we had very little time to plan the trip that we wanted after the wedding.

Mindy made sure that everything got done and even got us in to some excursions that we thought were already filled. She listened to what we wanted and helped tailor a vacation that suited us perfectly.

We would not have had the wonderful vacation that we did without Mindy's friendly and helpful guidance.

Sent on 01/20/2012

Nicholle · Married on 06/04/2011

My husband and I knew we wanted to be married on a beach but didn’t know where to begin. After a few weeks of trying on my own I quickly became frustrated and overwhelmed. Then I found Mindy. When I say we couldn’t have done it without her, I mean it. She was able to help us figure out the “musts” vs. the “wants”, what our budget was and what was a reasonable price for our guests to pay to travel. She narrowed down the islands that fit these goals and recommended the Riviera Maya, Mexico. It did NOT disappoint! We had a stunning wedding. It was truly the trip of a lifetime. For us, and for our guests, who are still talking about how much fun they had and how impressed they were with our resort. The service she provided to us and our guests was incredible, and everyone mentioned how friendly and helpful she was, as well as how easy it was to book through Mindy. She also recommended the perfect honeymoon spot to head to after our guests went home. It was stunning and blew away every expectation we had. The only bad part was heading home after only 4 days.
    Mindy, thank you for helping us make our wedding dreams come true. We’ll never book travel on our own again!

Sent on 01/23/2012

Leah · Married on 06/03/2011

If you ever want to go on your dream honeymoon/vacation and don't want to be stressed out by any of the planning, Mindy is the perfect planner. From the start, she truly took the time out to get to know myself and my husband, so she could recommend the perfect honeymoon destination for us. All consultations were done over the phone, which was so easy and convenient. She took all our interests and made knowledgeable recommendations to ensure our honeymoon would be amazing! It was definitely the easiest part of planning our wedding thanks to Mindy. I would highly recommend Mindy to anyone and everyone! If you want a perfectly planned, amazing, unforgettable honeymoon, let Mindy from My Vacation Lady make that happen!
    Thanks again Mindy~ Leah & Chris

Sent on 08/11/2011

Jennifer · Married on 12/31/2010

Mindy was fantastic! She helped me and my husband figure out what our best options were for our honeymoon. We loved our Carribean Cruise and all the excursions we were able to do on each island we stopped at. Mindy made sure all arrangements were taken care of and that we had contact numbers to reach her if we had any trouble at all. We reccommend Mindy to anyone planning their honeymoon or just a vacation!

Sent on 01/03/2012

Kristen · Married on 11/05/2010

Mindy is amazing! She did such a fantastic job helping us with our honeymoon, especially since we are not big travelers and really had no idea where to start in planning a honeymoon. She was able to keep us within our budget, gave us all of the necessary information that we could have possibly needed, and kept in constant contact with us. All of the documents we recieved from Mindy were so organized, it made our lives traveling during the holiday season much easier. She also set us up with American Express to plan our excursions and our transfers. Mindy and everyone she set us up with were 100% professional and we could not have been happier with every aspect of our honeymoon, all a reflection on Mindy.

Sent on 01/24/2011

Jennifer · Married on 10/22/2010

Mindy is an excellent travel agent, extrememly knowledgeable, and very very helpful. After listening to our list of likes and dislikes she was able to make recommendations for our honeymoon destination. She was spot on. We went to Bermuda and our hotel was perfect, the location and distance was perfect, and the amenities were perfect. She is great to work with.

Sent on 11/01/2010

Jennifer · Married on 09/25/2010

Mindy helped us decide on and book our honeymoon. She was very easy to work with and always responded to our questions quickly. A week before we left she informed us of a rumor within the travel communities that she felt we should be aware of. When I got a fever the day before we were to leave, she gave us all our options and left the decision to us.

Thankfully we were able to go on our honeymoon and enjoy it (not as much as we would've liked, but since Mindy didn't get me sick, she's not to blame!). The resort she helped us pick was absolutely amazing and we can't wait to go back and "re-do" our honeymoon next year - without the cold!

Sent on 10/11/2010

Nicole · Married on 06/19/2010

Mindy did an amazing job planning our wonderful Mediteranean Honeymoon. It was better than we ever could have imagined and I don't know how any other vacation we plan could ever top it.
    Thanks to Mindy, our entire vacation was stress free. I can't tell you how nice it was not to have to worry about transportation to and from the airports and the ship. The transfers were always on time and everything was extremely organized making for easy traveling.The Visconti Palace was a great European hotel, and just as she promised was central to everywhere we wanted to go and everything we wanted to see.
    We loved the Celebrity cruise. The staff and crew was wonderful and couldn't do enough for you. The food and service were absolutely amazing.
    The tours and "places to see" that she recommended both in Rome and on the cruise were spot on! We feel like we got a wonderful taste for each island and got the most out of each and every port of call. It was so difficult to say goodbye to the breathtaking views, ancient ruins, perfect pizza and pasta, and unforgettable historical sights. It's nice to be home, but we can't wait to plan our next vacation through Mindy!Thanks to her for making our honeymoon absolutely perfect!

Sent on 08/27/2010

Nicole · Married on 04/23/2010

What a lifesaver!!!! My finance and I were having a really hard time deciding what to do for our honeymoon. We wanted to get the most for our money and time.

I met Mindy at a travel expo and fell in love. I set up a phone interview with my fiance and her and we got started right away. While on speakerphone, we looked at slides online of some choices and Mindy asked us a bunch of questions about what we like and what we don't like. My finance really liked that she asked him specific questions about what he had in mind. We told her how much we wanted to spend and she went to work. Almost immediately she emailed us with her recommendations based on what we talked about. We ended up choosing one of her first recommendations, but Mindy made it clear that if we weren't satisfied, she wasn't satisfied. Along with her recommendations, Mindy gave us the peace of mind that everything would be exactly what we wanted.

The honeymoon was more than we could have ever expected. Everything was absolutely perfect. I would recommend Mindy, My Vacation Lady to anyone looking to plan a stress free honeymoon where you get exactly what you were expecting! My Vacation Lady will not let you down!

Sent on 11/16/2010

Elizabeth · Married on 04/17/2010

I contact Mindy a month before my honeymoon. Although it was short notice, Mindy's service and professionalism was anything but short. Mindy is helpful, professional, experienced and has her clients best interests. She took the time to personally know husband and I. She was interested in our travel likes, dislikes and additional info, so she can create an itinerary for "US".

Prior to contacting Mindy, I had one resort and date in mind. She was able to assist in the right direction on a resort more suited for my honeymoon plans and on a date that accommodated my budget. My husband and I were VERY happy with our honeymoon results. It was our own lil paradise. I recommended Mindy to my friends and will be contacting her for my future Rivera Maya's travels.

Sent on 06/16/2011
  • User2191651 · 2+ years ago

Mindy is AMAZING! My husband and I live in Northern Virginia and met with a local travel agent and when we walked out we were mortified. The agent was trying to convince us to go somewhere we really weren't interested in. After getting Mindy's information from a friend I looked on her blog and emailed her immediately. She responded very quickly and we set up a conference call since she is in NJ. My husband and I told Mindy we were interested in either going to Ireland or Italy (we realize those are two very different places) and she said she could work up sample itineraries for both. She asked why we were interested in them and we explained that we each made a list and they both were on the top of our lists. We also travelled to Hawaii the year before and weren't really interested in staying two weeks at the beach again (we wanted something new). My husband and I have always wanted to go to Ireland even though it's not the traditional honeymoon destination. She supported our decision and it made us feel really good. She said we should be able to go where we want to go. She sent us a sample itinerary and we were so excited! We went to Ireland for about two weeks and had the time of our lives. She made so many recommendations and accomodated our needs and wants perfectly. The country is absolutely beautiful and Mindy planned everything out - we didn't have to worry about a thing (we went mid-late June 2013). She sent us so much information via email and also mailed our travel documents to us in a nice binder. We highly recommend working with Mindy - in fact we have already given several of our friends and coworkers her information. My husband and I are already looking forward to having her plan our next trip. It's time for another vacation!

Sent on 08/21/2013

My Vacation Lady's reply:

Erica, I'm so glad you loved your honeymoon to Ireland. It was my pleasure to help you plan it.

AMANDA · Married on 09/04/2009

I would highly recommend Mindy to anyone wanting the vacation of their dreams! Mindy was so accommodating in helping us choose the perfect hotel, restaurants, and travel plans! She was extremely responsive in any questions we had and offered us so many tips on places to go when we arrived in Hawaii. Her concierge service scheduled massages, golf times and dinner reservations so we had nothing to worry about when we arrived. I wouldn�t begin to plan a honeymoon or any other vacation without Mindy�s help!!

Sent on 09/28/2009

Maegen · Married on 07/18/2009

Mindy is Fabulous!!!!!! She helped us sooo much in planning our honeymoon and made it VERY EASY. She booked our resort and airline reservations and our transfers to and from the hotel and airport. She is sooo quick to respond to any call or email....even during the holidays I recieved emails from her giving us advice. I would book a trip with her again in a heartbeat. I currently live in Alabama and we searched for a travel agent. Mindy is in NJ and even though we never met in person she fulfilled all of our needs. We stayed at the Iberostar Grand in the Riviera Maya in Mexico and fell in Love with the place. Mindy told us exactly what to expect. We want to go back sooo bad and book again through Mindy!!

Sent on 07/27/2009

Mindy was absolutely essential in planning our honeymoon to the Riviera Maya, Mexico. With all the stress of planning a wedding, having Mindy to plan the honeymoon was a huge relief. She quickly responded to e-mail, snail-mailed the necessary materials, and spent time with us on the phone to plan our trip. We told Mindy our budget and vacation must-haves, and she pitched some amazing locations and resorts. She answered all of our questions to help us make a decision. We stayed at the Excellence Riviera Cancun for about a week and loved it! We enjoyed the all-inclusive experience, white sand, bright blue ocean, and sight-seeing in Mexico. Mindy also coordinated some incredible tours for us including horseback riding on the beach, parasailing, touring the ruins of Tulum, and snorkeling at Xel Ha. We definitely recommend Mindy's service and experience. We hope to work with her again in the future!

Sent on 12/29/2014

My Vacation Lady's reply:

Lauren, it was my pleasure to help you and Tal plan your dream honeymoon! So glad you had a great time and I look forward to helping you plan many more vacations.
  • Y

Yolanda · Married on 04/28/2013

We used My Vacation Lady on two occasions the first was a famliy cruise to Bahamas and the second was for my honeymoon to Jamaica. Mindy worked very hard to make each experience feel exciting. She worked with us to find out what we all liked and recommended a vaction spot that was the vaction of our dreams. When I had concerns before my vacation and while on she always reponded promptly. If you are looking for a travel agent believe me you will not be disappointed with My Vacation Lady. I will definately use her again for all my future vacations.

Sent on 01/02/2014

My Vacation Lady's reply:

Yolanda, so happy that you and Earl had a wonderful vacation and I look forward to helping you plan many more vacations!

Keri Anne · Married on 09/02/2012

My Vacation Lady has made our honeymoon a dream come true. Not only is Mindy extremely detailed oriented but has extreme passion about what she does. My husband and I did not know the first thing about planning a honeymoon and when working with Mindy I did not have to worry about a thing. She helped us decide on hotels, restaurants, excursions and more. It was a DREAM come true! Mindy is so easy to get in touch with and she truly displays professionalism!! Mindy your the best and get ready for our Spain trip to plan in Sept 2013!!

Sent on 01/07/2013

My Vacation Lady's reply:

I was my pleasure helping you plan your honeymoon to Hawaii and I look forward to helping you plan your first anniversary vacation.

Courtney · Married on 09/17/2011

Mindy helped us plan our honeymoon in Hawaii - which she is clearly an expert on. She got a feel for what she wanted, provided us with a number of options/pricing, and was helpful in weeding out what we didn't want. Would definitely recommend her based on our experience.

Sent on 05/23/2012

Janine · Married on 05/30/2010

My husband and I highly recommend Mindy for all of your travel needs. When planning our honeymoon we really weren't sure where we wanted to go. Originally, we played around with the idea of visiting a few places in Italy and Greece. Mindy was very patient with us through the whole process. She provided us with feedback and with her extensive knowledge and expertise we were able to finally decide on our dream honeymoon. We decided to go to an all inclusive resort in Riviera Maya, Mexico. Mindy provided us with many choices that aligned with our budget and our dream honeymoon criteria. We were able to check out some firsthand photos of certain resorts because Mindy had personally checked out some of the places we were interested in. This helped a great deal and gave us piece of mind that someone else had been to these places and loved them. When we finally settled on a resort, Mindy set us up with the Exclusive package. We were treated like Royalty! Mindy also helped to set us up with some of our excursions. She made sure we were always taken care of and we were thrilled when we realized that we always were set up for the best of the best. Our budget was not large, but we ended up feeling like we were spending top dollar throughout the entire trip. I can't thank Mindy enough for all of her hard work. She is very dedicated to her clients and it is comforting to know that she is available to answer questions or even help you if needed while on your trip. We enjoyed working with Mindy so much, we are currently in the process of planning our Mediterranean trip with her! We couldn't have done it without having someone as knowledgeable as Mindy to guide us through it all. Thanks a million Mindy!

Sent on 02/23/2011

Nikia · Married on 08/15/2015

My Vacation Lady exceeded my husband and my expectations for our wedding travel needs. This was our first time working with a travel agent and Mindy Gilbert did not disappoint. She is very professional, resourceful and pays very close attention to detail to ensure that you are receiving the best possible service for not only you but your guest as well. We highly recommend this company if you are looking to work with someone who knows the tourism industry well and can guide you through the process with ease.

Sent on 09/11/2015

My Vacation Lady's reply:

Nikia, it was my pleasure to help you and Mike with your destination wedding. I'm so glad that you had the wedding of your dreams in the Riviera Maya!

Alyssa · Married on 09/22/2013

Mindy was so helpful in our Honeymoon planning and made the planning experience so easy and enjoyable for us during a very busy time in our lives. We went to Secrets Maroma Beach which we have and will continue to recommend to friends. I would also like to mention that not only did Mindy take so much stress off of us and help us to plan a perfect honeymoon she assisted us from day one of planning until well after we returned home. A week after returning my husband and I realized that we had left some items in the room at the resort. I called Mindy, who contacted the the resort and I received our items just days later. A+service. Would recommend Mindy at my vacation lady to anyone and plan to use her for our next all inclusive vacation to Secrets Montego Bay.

Sent on 10/16/2013

My Vacation Lady's reply:

Alyssa, it was my pleasure to help you and Billy plan your dream honeymoon and I look forward to helping you plan your next vacation!

Jelani · Married on 05/15/2013

Mindy is great to work with! She planned a 3-island Hawaiian honeymoon for my wife & I. Working with her was extremely easy, from the initial consult through the final trip details. She is very well-organized and was able to give us personal input on some of the places we visited. She was able to give us the full set of experiences we wanted and make it fit within our budget. Due to her connections with the resorts we received free upgrades to a higher room category at all of them.

We did encounter one issue while we were on our trip, but it was related to the resort and had nothing to do with Mindy or her planning. The resort did make some accommodations. Upon our return she followed up with us and we mentioned the issue, and she followed up with the staff at the resort as well.

The service provided by her company was top-notch; we felt like there was a personal touch there and not just someone going through the motions. We would absolutely work with her again on a future vacation.

Sent on 01/12/2014

My Vacation Lady's reply:

Jelani, I'm so glad that I was able to help you plan a wonderful honeymoon to Hawaii. I look forward to helping you plan many more vacations.

Patricia · Married on 07/07/2012

My husband and I both have very stressful jobs and we work a lot of hours. It was a lot for us to plan all of the details of the wedding day so when a friend recommended My Vacation Lady to help plan our honeymoon we jumped at it. From the initial meeting, we knew we were in good hands. We knew where we wanted to go, it was a matter of where we would stay and what we do. She was very knowledgeable and presented us with much information and recommendations based on the interests we described to her. Working within our budget, she setup an itinerary and after our approval booked all our accomadtions, activities, and restaurant reservations. Let me say that everything she planned ran like clockwork and we truly had the most memorable trip of our lives.

Sent on 01/10/2013

My Vacation Lady's reply:

Tricia, I'm glad your honeymoon was wonderful. It was my pleasure to help you and Patrick.
  • User4670771 · event on: 10/07/2014

Mindy is responsive and truly gets to know you an the atmosphere you would like to be in!

Sent on 01/07/2015