My Vacation Lady Reviews

203 | North Brunswick, NJ

203 Reviews for My Vacation Lady

Tara · Married on 08/17/2012

Mindy was amazing! I found out about her through a friend of mine who used her as their travel agent for their honeymoon as well.

From the very beginning Mindy went above and beyond for us. She really took the time to figure out exactly what we had always dreamed of. Everything we asked for she delivered. As a busy bride, Mindy made one more decision much easier to make because she narrowed it down for us based off of our wants and needs. As a busy bride, Mindy really took the time to help make this decision as easy as possible.

Something that really stood out was that we had a phone issue while on our trip and Mindy was able to handle everything for us instantly. All we had to do was email her and see took care of all of our reservations.

We will definitely be using My Vacation Lady for all our vacations to come.

Sent on 10/10/2012

My Vacation Lady's reply:

Tara, it was a pleasure to help you and Gabe with your honeymoon to Jamaica.

Brittany · Married on 07/21/2012

My Vacation Lady helped our dreams of the perfect honeymoon in Hawaii come true! She was extremely personable from our first meeting and really got to know us before suggesting honeymoon locations. She booked our desired dinner reservations and excursions for us as well, making our lives much easier when we arrived. Our entire honeymoon was hassle free thanks to her help. I am suggesting her to all of my friends who have upcoming weddings!

Sent on 08/04/2012

My Vacation Lady's reply:

It was my pleasure to help you plan your honeymoon to Hawaii!

Katie · Married on 07/21/2012

My Vacation Lady helped to make our honeymoon the most unbelievable dream vacation we could have hoped for. She first met with us to discuss our budget and what we were looking for in a honeymoon. From there, she planned everything from start to finish, adding and subtracting based on what we did and did not want to do. She kept our dream honeymoon in our budget and made planning an absolute breeze. She is organized, attentive, and always answered our questions promptly and effectively, no matter how big or small the question. For the beginning of our honeymoon, she emailed us to let us know she would be away, and made sure we had plenty of backup contacts, in case of any emergencies or problems, which there wasn't anyway. We can't recommend My Vacation Lady enough. You will be in good hands!

Sent on 08/22/2012

My Vacation Lady's reply:

Katie, it was my pleasure to help you and Andrew plan your dream honeymoon. I loved seeing the pictures you posted on Facebook along the way- especially the one of the view from your room in Kauai.

Jen · Married on 07/20/2012

Simply put, Mindy was an amazing asset with having a picture perfect Hawaiian Honeymoon. When all your energy is going towards the wedding, having her take care of all of the big planning afterward can't be overstated. Our first meeting easily allowed Mindy to get an idea what my husband and I were like and what our wishes and interests were for Hawaii. Once she knew our budget, Mindy was off and running to put together a complete experience. She selected amazing hotels and wonderfully fun activities and sights that matched what we wanted to do and really suited us. The vendors she used were all top notch. Her first hand knowledge of exploring Hawaii came through with all her suggestions and really removed any worry we had with our decisions. She helped us further round out our vacation by giving us a tremendous amount of reading and tips for Hawaii. If we had questions or even last second ideas like a helicopter ride, she always responded within less than 24 hours any time with helpful answers. Her personal touch everywhere we went wasn't missed either, with gift baskets and upgrades at every hotel, and always the best seat in a restaurant we booked: a lovely treat that made our honeymoon more special. We loved every moment of our Hawaiian Honeymoon and we give Mindy all the credit. We will definitely use her for future vacations! Thank you Mindy!

Sent on 09/01/2012

My Vacation Lady's reply:

You are very welcome Jen. It was a pleasure helping you plan your dream honeymoon to Hawaii!

Jennifer · Married on 07/06/2012

Mindy was great. We had our initial consultation over the phone due to schedules and distance. She got to know us a bit and asked us a few questions to be able to provide the right options. Our honeymoon was awesome, just what we wanted. We went to St. Lucia in July and the resort was beautiful and we were able to enjoy activities and dining as we pleased.
    This was such a great recommendation, we are still talking about it to this day!

Sent on 01/16/2013

My Vacation Lady's reply:

Jen, I'm so glad that you and Brian loved your Saint Lucia honeymoon. It was my pleasure to help you plan it.

Leyna · Married on 06/30/2012

Simply put, if you want to go on your Honeymoon and have no stress about where you're going, and how you're getting there, call Mindy at My Vacation Lady Travel!! Our honeymoon was not the first vacation we've booked with Mindy, but she came through for us just like she always does. The experience of working with a travel agent is so comforting and easy, I don't know why anyone wouldn't do it! Mindy made all of our arrangements so simple from the flight, to the transportation to the resort and back, and everything in between. First she provided us with a presentation on the locations we were interested in going, asked us for our thoughts, ideas, and interests so that she'd have a better idea of where we should go and what we'd like to do when we got there. Next she narrowed down some choices for us provided us with all of the information on each resort and location so that we could decide where to go. She made the entire process simple and helped us pick the most amazing destination and resort. We could not have asked for a more outstanding honeymoon and probably would have had a lot more headache and aggravation if we hadn't asked Mindy to help us! You have enough on your plate when you're planning your wedding, let Mindy alleviate the stress of planning your honeymoon!

Sent on 07/15/2012

My Vacation Lady's reply:

Leyna, it was my pleasure helping you and Mike. I look forward to seeing some pictures on Facebook!

Nicole · Married on 06/30/2012

Thank you Mindy for planning our dream honeymoon to Italy!! After the initial consultation we were so excited about the plans Mindy suggested. It was such a pleasure to not have to worry about planning a honeymoon in the middle of all the wedding planning. The travel documents came with our itinerary all laid out for us. Our 12 day trip included Florence, Siena, Rome and Positano. All of the hotels exceeded our expectations, and 2 of them gave us champaign on arrival! After arriving at our second hotel, Villa Scacciapensieri, my husband was like “WOW! Thank you Mindy!” The grounds were just so pretty, with spectacular views of the countryside. All of the additional information on restaurant recommendations and things to do were extremely useful, and we visited a good amount of the places recommended. When we tell people about our honeymoon, they ask, “How did you plan all that?” and we always say, “We got a vacation planner, My Vacation Lady, check her out, she’s great!!”

Sent on 07/19/2012

My Vacation Lady's reply:

Nicole, I'm so glad that your honeymoon to Italy was fabulous. It was my pleasure to help you and Tom make your honeymoon dreams become reality!

Brooke · Married on 06/23/2012

Mindy was a great help to our honeymoon planning. She was professional and helpful in all aspects of the planning and even surprised us with gift baskets upon our arrival to our resorts. She was knowledgable and reliable and I would definitely do business with her again. Thanks Mindy!

Sent on 01/06/2013

My Vacation Lady's reply:

Brooke, it was my pleasure to help you plan your dream honeymoon to Hawaii!

Lindsay · Married on 06/16/2012

Mindy at My Vacation Lady was the perfect partner to planning our dream Honeymoon. She was so attentive to our needs and made fantastic suggestions along the way. Our trip to Italy completely surpassed our expectations,and it was all due to Mindy's terrific planning. Mindy was unbelievably responsive - the moment we e-mailed with a question, we got an answer right away!

Even though we knew we wanted to go to Italy, there were so many small details to planning our Honeymoon, and Mindy was great at helping us fill in the blanks. All of our hotels were the perfect recommendations and our tours were the best.

Mindy was extremely professional, and we have recommended her for anyone in need of honeymoon or travel services. She is so friendly and easy to work worth - one less thing to worry about during wedding planning!

Sent on 01/06/2013

My Vacation Lady's reply:

It was my pleasure helping you plan your dream honeymoon and I'm so happy that you recommended me to your sister. Thanks!

Veronica · Married on 06/08/2012

Thank you Mindy for planning such a great honeymoon for us. Our stay at WindJammer Landing in St. Lucia was a great experience that we will never forget. The staff were all so nice and attentive. Our room was beautiful and close to the ocean. Without my vacation lady our honeymoon would not have been possible. Thank you for all that you did to make our honeymoon so special for us.

Veronica & Ariel Mendez

Sent on 03/10/2013

My Vacation Lady's reply:

Veronica, it was my pleasure to help you plan your dream honeymoon to Saint Lucia. I'm glad it was everything you dreamed it would be!

Jennifer · Married on 06/02/2012

Mindy at My Vacation Lady is absolutely fantastic! She is not one of those pushy travel agents, and she is there for you from the time you meet her until after you return from your honeymoon/vacation. Mindy gave us a good amount of choices and let us create the honeymoon we wanted within the budget we could afford. We had an issue with a delayed flight home from St. Lucia, and Mindy contacted us hours ahead of time to let us know, gave us all the information we needed, and made sure we got home safe and sound. For those people who don't typically use travel agents, I'd say it's totally worth it to book any trip through Mindy at My Vacation Lady because of her fabulous customer service and knowledge!

Sent on 09/02/2012

My Vacation Lady's reply:

Jen, I'm so glad that you had a wonderful honeymoon in Saint Lucia. It was my pleasure to help you plan your dream honeymoon.

Megan · Married on 04/28/2012

I wish all my vendors were like Mindy. Mindy was one of the most responsive and professional vendors we used for our wedding planning. She generally responded within less than 24 hours any time we reached out to her, and she always had on point and helpful answers to our questions. We put so much effort into our wedding that we had little time to think about our honeymoon aside from where we wanted to go. Mindy was the perfect solution- she helped us pick hotels and activities that suited our every desire and need. All we pretty much had to do was go through the interview (which seems wacky but was helpful in my husband and I learning about what we truly wanted in a honeymoon) and tell her our budget- she took care of the rest. It was the most stress-free part of the planning. She picked out BEAUTIFUL hotels and fun activities through professional vendors. On top of booking the trip for us, Mindy provided us with tons of information prior to the trip to help us plan what we wanted to see and do when we got there. The nice gift baskets and upgrades at every hotel were also a great treat. We loved every moment of our Hawaiian Honeymoon and Mindy made it possible. We will definitely use her for future vacations!

Sent on 05/15/2012

My Vacation Lady's reply:

It was my pleasure to help you plan your honeymoon. So glad you loved it!

Liz · Married on 04/21/2012

Mindy at My Vacation Lady was so helpful in planning our dream honeymoon. She really listened to every detail of what we were looking for. The destination and hotel recommendations of what she planned for us was perfect and we had an amazing time. With so much planning going on for our wedding she was so helpful in arranging every detail for our honeymoon.

Sent on 05/01/2012

My Vacation Lady's reply:

Liz, it was a pleasure helping you and Kevin plan your dream honeymoon!

Rony · Married on 03/30/2012

When we first found Mindy on the web, we were surprised that this kind of service exists! Out of curiosity, my husband and I decided to give her a call and set up a meeting. We met w/ Mindy for over an hour. The meeting was great and by the time we left her office, we knew that she will find a perfect honeymoon location for us...and she did! We went to Fiji and we the experience was unbelievable! It was completely worry free as Mindy booked everything for us! We can't thank her enough for what she has done and we highly recommend her to honeymooners. It'll be the best experience you'll have working w/ a travel agent!

Sent on 05/18/2012

My Vacation Lady's reply:

Rony, it was great helping you plan your dream honeymoon!

Andrea · Married on 11/12/2011

We would without reservation recommend Mindy Gilbert. She is very knowledgeable and responds very quickly. She went above and beyond to ensure that our honeymoon went off without a hitch. She got us a great fruit plate with cheese and champagne upon arrive as well as one of the nicest view/villa at Cap Mason. I will be using her in the future.

Sent on 01/15/2012

Claire · Married on 10/21/2011

My husband and I used My Vacation Lady to book our honeymoon to Hawaii in November 2011. We knew we definitely wanted Hawaii, but Mindy guided us through the process of which islands to visit and what options we had. She interviewed us to get an idea of our interests and personalities to see what suited us best. It was great to not have to do research myself about hotels, activities, etc as I was so busy planning the wedding. She was extremely professional, organized, and helpful. In addition, she always responded to our calls/emails quickly. We had a WONDERFUL honeymoon!! I would totally recommend My Vacation Lady to anyone who wants a seamless honeymoon experience with a consummate professional.
    Claire Donohue

Matthew · Married on 10/08/2011

Mindy was a great asset when it came to planning our honeymoon. She took the time to understand what we were looking for in a getaway, and then gave us a number of well laid out options. The end result was an unforgettable experience in a place that we could not wait to go back to as soon as we left. We will definitely be working with My Vacation Lady again, hopefully soon!

Sent on 03/29/2012

Megan · Married on 10/01/2011

Mindy from My Vacation Lady was a huge asset from beginning to end for our Hawaiian Honeymoon. From the moment my wife and I met her we knew we were in good hands. After getting to know us, she made hotel, excursion and restaurant recommendations - which were ALL to our liking and preferences! We had some questions while in Hawaii and had no trouble contacting Mindy or her Concierge to make the necessary changes.

Had we not hired Mindy I know we would have not seen/had nearly as much fun if we were to plan our Honeymoon ourselves.

Thank you Mindy!!!

Paul and Megan

Sent on 10/23/2011

Jodi · Married on 09/17/2011

Planning a wedding is an overwhelming experience, and with the guidance of Mindy, we were able to confidently put those tedious and overwhelming honeymoon details in her hands. She patiently discussed several different options before ultimately coming up with a honeymoon experience that both my (now) husband and I desired, and most importantly, within our budget.

Even after we booked the trip, she was a constant resource for us leading up to the trip, as well as communicating with us via e-mail during the trip in regards to places to eat upgrades, and random questions! Where can you get service like that? We highly recommend Mindy to ANYONE looking to book their next trip.

Jessica · Married on 09/09/2011

Mindy was extremely helpful in assisting us plan our honeymoon. She took a huge load off of us and was able to get us an awesome honeymoon for our money. She was even able to get us a few perks at the resort that we stayed at which made the experience working with her even more pleasurable. We highly recommend her.

tara · Married on 09/05/2011

Mindy was absolutely the best! She made our honeymoon a dream come true. Mindy was extremely patient, kind, and has an amazing amount of expertise when it comes to travel. We highly recemend having Mindy assist you and do all your planning! We can't wait to have her plan our next get away!

Sent on 02/12/2012

Erin · Married on 08/06/2011

Mindy is AMAZING!!! I was referred to Mindy by a friend who had booked her honeymoon with My Vacation Lady. Mindy returned my email almost immediately and took time to "get to know" my fiancee and I through a phone conversation. She listened to what we liked and disliked about travel and destinations, where we had already been and the things that we wanted to do. When we decided where to go, she promptly sent us helpful, thorough documents about each hotel. Mindy was able to answer all of our questions and concerns about the trip and book us a fantastic honeymoon at a reasonable price. We were upgraded to VIP status, had a great view and went on the best excursions. After this experience, I will never book a trip without her!!!

Sent on 11/15/2011

Krissy · Married on 07/30/2011

Mindy was amazing! She listened to what we wanted and planned us the most amazing Hawaiian honemoon. Our hotels were great and she managed to get us upgrades too. Every excursion and dinner reservation were great too. I would definitely recommend her to anyone looking for a great trip planned out to perfection!

Sent on 08/15/2011

Stef · Married on 07/16/2011

Mindy was wonderful! From the moment we started planning up until we left, she was nothing but fantastic. I've used her for all of my previous vacations as well so I already knew how she worked but the honeymoon was much more involved. She went over lots of different options with us to see what we wanted and didn't want, including the hotels, excursions, and dinner reservations if we wanted them. We wanted to do 3 Hawaiian islands, and she suggested the perfect order in which to visit them. Any time I called/emailed with questions, I got a response back within 24 hours. She is VERY knowledgeable about many places but knows Hawaii very well. She gave us selections of the hotels in each islands, giving us details about each one so we could pick the ones that suited us best. Once everything was booked, a couple of months later we got an email from her saying that our prices went down and she gave us the cheaper pricing. I know if I booked on my own, I never would have gotten a discount later. She has a lot of connections with the people she works with and because of that we were able to get dinner reservations and places with sunset views or the better seating at the luau's. She also sent us lots of information of things for us to do on our own and dinner recommendations of places that wouldn't cost us a fortune. She was terrific.

Sent on 08/11/2011

Dena · Married on 07/16/2011

Mindy was recommended to us by my brother and his wife, and what a blessing this was. My husband and I were not sure of a lot of things when we first went to Mindy to plan our honeymoon, but she sat with us for quite a while explaining all of our options and staying within our budget. She is very knowledgeable about so many different parts of the world and only suggested excellent resorts to us that she was familiar with. Once we decided on our St. Lucia location, she did everything for us. Mindy even pre-booked our excursions and researched restaurant suggestions for us (because we wanted to eat out one night). We also really liked the organized booklet that everything came in. It was so easy to follow. Mindy also called after our honeymoon to follow up and make sure everything went as planned, which shows that she values all her clients and the quality of their trip. We are looking forward to using her for future trips and you should for sure use her for your honeymoon or trip. She goes above and beyond to make sure you are happy! :-)

Sent on 08/13/2011