My Vacation Lady Reviews

203 | North Brunswick, NJ

203 Reviews for My Vacation Lady

Katie · Married on 07/06/2013

Mindy is FANTASTIC!!! I met her at a bridal show in NJ, and while she is knowledgeable on lots of different locations, what really resonated with me was her expertise in Hawaii, which is where my husband and I knew we wanted to go. Since we were living in Virginia at the time, Mindy accommodated us by doing a consultation over the phone (even while she was feeling under the weather!), and continued to work with us long-distance, responding to emails and phone calls very quickly. At first, we weren't sure if we wanted to use a travel agent, but after talking with Mindy, and also finding out that there'd be no additional agent fees, it was a no brainer! Another important factor for us was being able to pick and schedule our own round-trip flights to and from Hawaii because of a special deal I had through a mileage program, and also that we wanted to make a 1 day stopover in Seattle on the way out there. We were able to book this separately and didn't have to include the flights in our travel package.

Mindy found amazing hotels for us, set us up with rental cars and inter-island flights (we ended up going to both Maui and Kauai), and was able to get us some included perks like continental breakfast and drink vouchers daily at our Maui resort. We also had a few surprises when we arrived at each location, including complimentary champagne bottles at both resorts, and free use of a poolside cabana one day in Kauai! Our excursions that she found and booked for us were also awesome! I would HIGHLY recommend using My Vacation Lady for your honeymoon - I'd use her again in the future on anniversary and/or family trips! Thanks Mindy!!! :)

Sent on 08/05/2013

My Vacation Lady's reply:

Katie, I'm so glad your honeymoon to Hawaii was wonderful. It was my pleasure to help you and Todd plan your dream honeymoon and I look forward to helping you plan many more vacations!

audrey · Married on 07/05/2013

My Vacation Lady makes planning a honeymoon so easy and stress-free! We were running out of time to plan our honeymoon. Our wedding was in July and we didn't book our honeymoon until April -- 3 months short of our BIG DAY. That's not a lot of time to organize a honeymoon, but thankfully Mindy was able to help us through the process.

We had an AMAZING time in Costa Rica for 10 days. We really appreciate how convenient everything was because we booked our tours, excursions, accommodations, flights and even ground transportation through My Vacation Lady. We stayed at two different places during our stay -- both were lovely!

Mindy is very efficient, organized and pleasant to speak with over the phone. I'd recommend My Vacation Lady for honeymoons or any sort of travel you would like to plan.

Sent on 08/23/2013

Mindy My Vacation Lady is a wonderful travel agent. During our first meeting with her she took the time helping us figure out what was the best destination for our honeymoon. She asked specific questions, helping us finally decide on Hawaii. Once we had a destination she sent us many hotel options with details regarding each. Throughout the planning process she was very reliable and accessible to answer any specific questions we had. She has great relationships with vendors and was actual able to secure free room upgrades at both hotels we stayed at. I would recommend anyone planning a honeymoon or any vacation to use Mindy My Vacation Lady.

Sent on 07/10/2013

My Vacation Lady's reply:

Ashley, I'm thrilled that you had a fabulous honeymoon in Maui and Kauai! I look forward to helping you plan many more vacations.

Rachel · Married on 06/15/2013

Planning our honeymoon with Mindy was great! She was so helpful and very quick to respond to emails. We were unsure where we wanted to go, but Mindy helped us find the destination that was right for us. Our honeymoon to Costa Rica was awesome, and Mindy made the planning very smooth for us. I would definitely recommend Mindy to anyone who plans on traveling, she was great! :)

Sent on 06/28/2013

My Vacation Lady's reply:

Rachel, it was my pleasure to help you plan your dream honeymoon to Costa Rica. So glad you had a fabulous time!

Mindy planned a one-week honeymoon for my husband and I in Kauai, Hawaii. After all the stress of planning a wedding, it was nice to have someone plan our honeymoon for us. Mindy was able to customize our trip based on our budget and interests and booked several activities that were the highlights of our vacation. After the trip was booked, she sent us a lot of very helpful materials on Kauai, which we used to plan the rest of our trip. We were very pleased with her services and would highly recommend her to others in planning their vacation.

Sent on 10/10/2013

My Vacation Lady's reply:

It was my pleasure to help you and Ian plan your honeymoon! So glad you had a wonderful time!

Steve · Married on 05/26/2013

Mindy is the best! Very helpful, coordinated everything, couldn't have asked for more. We had a great honeymoon.

Sent on 07/17/2013

My Vacation Lady's reply:

Steve, I'm so glad that you had a great honeymoon to the Riviera Maya. It was my pleasure to help you and Lisa plan your dream honeymoon!

Lee · Married on 05/26/2013

Mindy is the best! She provided a ton of honeymoon options for us up front based on details we provided to her, and she guided us through the planning process for every detail (big and small) along the way - multiple flights and hotels throughout the trip, car rentals, excursions, restaurant recommendations, etc. We will definitely work with Mindy again in the future and would (and have!) recommend her to everyone.

Sent on 01/05/2014

My Vacation Lady's reply:

Lee, it was my pleasure to help you and Rachel plan your dream honeymoon to Maui and Kauai. Thanks for referring me to your friends!

Alexandra · Married on 05/19/2013

Mindy was absolutely fabulous! She planned us an amazing Hawaii honeymoon well within our budget (she actually came in more than $500 under our budget which was awesome!). Both of the hotels we stayed at gave us free room upgrades and treated us very well. The excursions she planned were lots of fun. We told her the kinds of things we liked to do and she created an itinerary that matched those perfectly. I will recommend her to everyone I know. There is really nothing better than having someone with such extensive knowledge take all of the stress out of planning your honeymoon. And there's no additional cost! Thanks, Mindy!!

Sent on 06/04/2013

My Vacation Lady's reply:

Alex, I'm so glad that you and Chris had a fantastic honeymoon in Hawaii. It was my pleasure to help you plan a dream honeymoon to one of my favorite places on earth!

I am so glad I found Mindy on weddingwire.com. She was one of the few vendors I worked with that did not cause additional stress and actually made our honeymoon planning process super easy. She worked closely with us to make our honeymoon to Greece everything we wanted and more, while sticking within our budget. I can't tell you how much we appreciated her transportation coordination. The ground staff who provided our transfers to and from hotels etc. did not miss a beat. I have already recommended Mindy to friends and family. Do not hesitate to use Mindy for your honeymoon or any type of vacation planning- she is organized, and responds to emails in a timely manner - She will not let you down!

Sent on 06/14/2013

My Vacation Lady's reply:

Julianne, I was thrilled that you and Ken had a fabulous honeymoon in Greece. It was my pleasure to help you plan your dream honeymoon!

tracy · Married on 05/03/2013

Mindy you were so wonderful to work with and I am certain that we will be
    working with you again in the future. You really took the time to get to know
    us and listen to what we were looking for in our honeymoon. We loved both of our destinations! It was such a help that some of our transfers were prearranged! I recommend that for anyone beacuse it made transferring so easy. Thank you so much for planning a wonderful honeymoon that we will remember forever!
    Tracy and Paul, NJ

Sent on 06/13/2013

My Vacation Lady's reply:

Tracy, I was so happy to be able to help you and Paul plan your dream honeymoon to St Martin and Anguilla. I'm thrilled that you had a fabulous honeymoon and I look forward to helping you plan many more vacations.

Diana · Married on 04/27/2013

We worked with Mindy to help plan our entire honeymoon from beginning to end. We were in between 2 destinations and she took the time to review our options and help us make a great decision. Once we settled on our destination (Hawaii), Mindy customized an amazing itinerary based on our feedback given during our thorough consultation sessions.

Mindy provided us with an extensive list of hotel accommodations, recommendations, and excursions that made it easy for us to pick and choose what we wanted without ever having traveled to Hawaii before.

Once everything was booked, Mindy sent us a TON of information that covered everything from restaurants to self-guided excursions and insider information that we never would have had access to otherwise.

We had a fantastic time on our honeymoon and look forward to returning to Hawaii in the future. We would recommend My Vacation Lady to anyone looking to plan their dream honeymoon and/or trip to Hawaii!!!!

Sent on 06/07/2013

My Vacation Lady's reply:

Diana, I'm so glad that you and Matt loved your honeymoon in Hawaii. It was my pleasure to help you plan your dream honeymoon!

Heather · Married on 03/23/2013

Mindy really knows her stuff. She guided us in a direction where she knew we were getting the best bang for our buck and that was going to give us everything we were looking for. Mindy was the easiest thing about planning our wedding. The honeymoon preparation was easy and flawless.

Sent on 04/11/2013

My Vacation Lady's reply:

Heather, I'm glad that you and Steve had a great time in the Riviera Maya. It was my pleasure to help you plan your dream honeymoon!

Lena · Married on 03/15/2013

My vacation lady made my honeymoon so memorable. I cannot wait to use her again for all my future vacations!

Sent on 05/15/2013

My Vacation Lady's reply:

And I look forward to helping you plan many future vacations :)

Thanks Lena. So happy that your honeymoon was wonderful!

kyla · Married on 12/30/2012

We called Mindy less than 8 weeks before our wedding without knowing where we wanted to travel to on our honeymoon. She is amazing! I am recommending her to everyone! She gave us tons of options, we picked hawaii, and she gave us tons of information on each island and a list of activites to do. We planned an amazing activity filled honeymoon and we cant wait to go in two more weeks! My husband and I will be using Mindy for many trips in the future! Thank you so much Mindy!

Sent on 01/08/2013

My Vacation Lady's reply:

Kyla, you are going to have an amazing honeymoon! It was my pleasure to help you plan your dream honeymoon!

Christine · Married on 11/17/2012

We are so happy we found My Vacation Lady online as our honeymoon travel agent! She was great to work with. We met with her at her office for our first meeting and she took well over an hour and half of her time to review with us options to narrow down our choices. In speaking with us she helped give us direction as we were unsure of the perfect honeymoon for us. We described what we were looking for and our budget and one item we said was we did not want to go to Cancun as we were there before. When providing our options she slipped one resort in Cancun saying I know you didn’t want Cancun but this resort really encompasses everything you were looking for during our first meeting. We were so happy she provided us this option in as it was exactly what we were looking for an created the perfect honeymoon for us! Even though we were there before she promised she would create a different experience for us.

In addition she was incredibly responsive to our e-mails and calls she made you feel like you were the only client she was working with it (when you knew that was not the case). If you are unsure as to what you want in your honeymoon you need to see Mindy as she really does a great job of pinpointing what would work for you.

Sent on 02/19/2013

Kelly · Married on 11/16/2012

Everyday I look back at pictures to the most amazing place Mindy sent my husband and I for our honeymoon... Rivera Maya! We stayed at Excellence resorts and it was pure heaven, in fact the entire trip was perfection! Mindy planned great flights, transportation to the hotel and by far the best resort! Each day was better then the next and it was truly an unforgettable honeymoon! We can't wait to go back. Thank you for everything Mindy!!

Sent on 01/24/2013

My Vacation Lady's reply:

If was my pleasure to help you and Jared plan your dream honeymoon!

Clair · Married on 11/10/2012

My sister and her husband used Mindy to book their honeymoon to Italy and my husband and I did the same for our honeymoon to Hawaii. We went to Maui and Kaua'i. Mindy was the absolute best! Our honeymoon to Hawaii was incredible because not only was it relaxing to just be lying on the beach sipping on Mai Tais, but because Mindy did all of the work for us. Both hotels that Mindy booked for us were amazing and the staff was incredible because Mindy made sure to tell them that we were on our honeymoon.

She booked just the right amount of excursions so that we were able to have loads of fun but also just have our days to relax and enjoy each other. Any time we needed help from Mindy she was quick to respond to us and always had an answer.

Unbeknownst to me, Mindy and my husband were in cahoots booking another trip to Paris for my wedding gift. Unfortunately because my husband had to deploy, we had to postpone that trip. However, as soon as we are ready to rebook the trip there is no one else that we would go to to help us. Mindy at My Vacation Lady Travel is amazing at what she does and I would definitely recommend her to anyone who is looking to plan a stress-free vacation.

Sent on 12/18/2012

My Vacation Lady's reply:

Clair, it was my pleasure to help you and Nick plan your dream honeymoon to Hawaii. I'm so glad it was everything you dreamed it would be! Next stop-- Paris!

Heather & Stephen · Married on 10/20/2012

Mindy was so helpful and a pleasure plan our honeymoon with! My now husband & I really wanted to go to Hawaii but didn't know if we could fit everything that we wanted to do in our budget. We were going to "settle" for Riviera Maya, Mexico (which is beautiful as well!!!), but Mindy could tell we were determined to get to Hawaii one way or another. Mindy did a bunch of research and called us to tell us that she's getting us to Hawaii on our budget! We were estatic! Any questions we had, any excursion additions, Mindy was always very responsive and got back to us right away. We did not worry one bit on our honeymoon because of how well organized the itinerary that Mindy gave us was and how each day of our honeymoon was taken advantage of! Mindy thank you for being such a wonderful vacation lady!!! Can't wait to go on our next vacation & be in touch once again!

Sent on 11/08/2012

My Vacation Lady's reply:

Heather, I look forward to helping you plan your next vacation! So glad that you and Steve LOVED your honeymoon!

Ryann · Married on 10/13/2012

We used Mindy to plan our honeymoon. We were torn between a few places and we ended up choosing Jamaica. Mindy puts together a comprehensive package of trips for you to choose from based on your budget and what you are interested in doing. She took the time to meet with us and listen to what wanted and did not want. She knew the right questions to ask to get the info out of us. Within a few days we had 25 pages of potential honeymoons. We narrowed them down and ended up choosing Couples Negril. We had such an AMAZING stay here. I never would have thought of the Couples hotels if it wasn't for Mindy. We were scheduled to leave Jamaica the day Hurricane Sandy hit Jamaica. Mindy was there to answer all our questions and just be our support system in general. You could really tell she cared and was trying to help us and guides us in the best way possible. I'm not sure many travel agents would give that much attention. I would recommend Mindy to anyone and we look forward to planning future vacations with her.

Sent on 01/16/2013

My Vacation Lady's reply:

Ryann, I'm so thrilled that you and JP had a great honeymoon and I know the extra time in Negril, wasn't anticipated but I know you made the best of it.

Jaime · Married on 10/06/2012

I can't say enough wonderful things about Mindy. My husband and I had worked with her prior to planning our honeymoon, so when it came time to book our trip, we didn't even consider contacting anyone else. She goes above and beyond to ensure that your honeymoon is everything you've ever imagined. I remember commenting that I wish she could have planned our entire wedding for us, because I knew I didn't have to worry at all when it came to our trip to Hawaii!!

Sent on 12/21/2012

My Vacation Lady's reply:

Thanks Jaime. It was my pleasure to help you and Chris plan your honeymoon. So glad it was wonderful and I enjoyed all the pictures Chris put up on facebook along the way.

paul · Married on 09/29/2012

My Vacation Lady was very personable and understanding of our needs. She got to know us in a honeymoon consultation over the phone which was about 40-45 minutes. She gathered information on our must haves that we wanted on our honeymoon, and went to work for us. Excursions, perks, and anything else she could do, was done and in a very timely manner.

Sent on 10/11/2012

My Vacation Lady's reply:

Paul, I'm so glad that you and Sandra had a wonderful honeymoon in Aruba. I was happy to be a part of your honeymoon planning experience!

Sandra · Married on 09/29/2012

Mindy did an amazing job researching resorts in Aruba and presented us with 5 choices. The details and informative was extremely helpful! We choose the Radison and loved it! We plan on going ack soon and staying there again! It was a very painless process!

Sent on 11/12/2012

My Vacation Lady's reply:

It was my pleasure to help you plan your dream honeymoon and I'm glad that you had a great time!

Nichole & William · Married on 09/28/2012

Having our honeymoon immediately following our wedding was very important to us. The stress of planning a wedding and trying to figure out our honeymoon was when we decided to go to Mindy. From our first meeting to her last email she was an absolute dream to work with! It was so nice to be able to concentrate our our wedding and to know our dream honeymoon was being taking care of! Even during our honeymoon when our airlines was cancelling flights she made sure we knew that ours were still on schedule! Plain and simple - every bride & groom deserve a great honeymoon and Mindy can provide you with that! Now we cannot wait to book our next trip with her! Thanks Mindy :)

Sent on 10/17/2012

My Vacation Lady's reply:

It was my pleasure to help you plan your dream honeymoon! Thanks for recommending your engaged friends to me. You know I'll take great care of them too.
  • Theresa

Theresa · Married on 09/08/2012

My Vacation Lady (Mindy) was amazing! My husband and I were at first in doubt, we thought we could plan our honeymoon ourselves! We planned the entire wedding and the honeymoon seemed like the easy thing to plan. We had an idea of what we were looking for, but met Mindy at a Bridal Show and decided to talk to her before we booked anything. Boy, are we glad we did!! She provided us with so much information it was almost overwhelming, but we quickly knew she was knowledgeable and experienced!! To be honest, my husband was at first hesitant about the initial deposit, but it was applied to the final trip payment and there was no 'unnecessary expenses'. Mindy took care of everything from the plane tickets, to the resort, when the airline changed our flights, and even had our room upgraded when we arrived! Mindy also offered us so many great tips and information, like bringing our marriage certificate to get an upgraded room and complimentary breakfast in bed- we would have never thought of that! The best part was when the airline lost one of our bags on the way home - Mindy emailed us the following morning, Lost Baggage? It's found and on its way to your house!! We were shocked and yet so happy to hear from her! We were so happy with our experience with My Vacation Lady, that as soon as we got back from our Honeymoon, we booked with her our first anniversary trip back to the same resort! Thanks Mindy!

Sent on 01/15/2013

My Vacation Lady's reply:

Theresa, I was thrilled to help you and Justin plan your dream honeymoon and I hope your first anniversary vacation is just as great.

Jeff · Married on 09/02/2012

We had high expectations for Mindy based on prior customer feedback. Despite those high expectations, she more than exceeded them. Mindy's professionalism and expertise in the travel industry are on display in every interaction. Her initial consultation is a good way to narrow down choices that you and your spouse would prefer and it helps to crystallize the priorities that you want most out of your honeymoon. From there, Mindy effortlessly deciphers the perfect destinations that you and your spouse would like and has you research and pick from those. She is a great listener and has an innate ability to understand what you would like in a destination without needing too much detail. My wife and I would definitely use her again for our next big trip.

Sent on 02/10/2013

My Vacation Lady's reply:

It was my pleasure to help you and Melissa plan your dream honeymoon and I look forward to helping you plan many more vacations.