My Kitchen Restaurant Reviews

49 | Forest Hills, NY

49 Reviews for My Kitchen Restaurant

K · Married on 05/20/2017

Dhanny and Chef Joe surpassed our expectations for our event! Dhanny is a gem and is wonderful to work with. Not only did she capture our vision, she provided honesty and guidance at every step. Our guests were thoroughly impressed with the level of service and professionalism, and the quality of food provided by My Kitchen. We highly recommend My Kitchen to anyone looking to have a wonderful and intimate event!

Sent on 06/11/2017

mandee · Married on 04/22/2017

My wedding was on 4/22,/2017, and it was a dream come true. I will always remember the first day my Husband and I walked into My Kitchen in May of 2016. We were looking for a wedding venue that felt warm; too many venues had a cold feel to us. We have even been to weddings receptions that felt generic and impersonal. We walked in and loved the look; then we met Dhanny. She has to be one of the most caring people I have ever met. She greeted us with love, even though we had just met. She gave us a rundown of what to expect when venue shopping. We were right at the beginning stages, and she wanted us to be prepared. She never tried to sell us. She stepped away for a moment and my then fiance and I looked at each other and agreed right away, this was the place. Either way, we continued to shop around (as Dhanny also advised)! Looking at other venues only confirmed that My Kitchen was the way to go.

My Husband and I had said, if we had a house, that's where we'd want to host a wedding. The best way to describe My Kitchen, is an extension of your own home. Almost a year of planning and Dhanny helped us every step of the way. She offered advise, tips, words of encouragement, and lots of hugs! Now I can't fail to mention that after booking the venue, we had dinner their twice. The food was unbelievable! We were tempted to have many more dinners there, but forced ourselves to refrain until after the wedding.

Our wedding was last Saturday. It was a dream come true. Each moment was perfect and we were well taken care of. I never looked at the time, or had to worry about the vendors, or if everything was going as planned. Dhanny had it covered. Not only was the decor exactly what we wanted, she made sure the flow of the wedding was seamless. Dhanny made sure we were fed, Dhanny made sure we were happy, had drinks, and were smiling.

Dhanny feels like a member of our family. I simply do not have words to describe how magical our special day was. Thanks Dhanny & Chef!

Sent on 04/24/2017

Andre Dominic · Married on 12/23/2016

Dhanny was the greatest. Our ceremony was quite short notice but Dhanny helped us every step of the way, from decor to flowers, the photographer and the cake. You name it. Without her help, our ceremony would not have been possible. We would highly recommend My Kitchen, if not only for Dhanny and Chef Joe, but the place is also wonderful. In a word, I would describe it as quaint. Everything was beautiful and we wouldn't have it any other way.

Sent on 01/16/2017

Neruka · Married on 11/06/2016

Dhanny and Chef made our day. The staff is phenomenal as well as the food. My guest are still talking about how great everything was. If your looking for a place that's going to give you a unique experience, look no further.

Sent on 01/14/2017

Jose · Married on 10/08/2016

Dhanny and her staff at My Kitchen are wonderful. She made our wedding day a lot less stressful knowing that everything for our reception was taken care of. The dinning area was spotlessly clean and the food we selected for our buffet was delicious.

Me and my wife highly recommend My Kitchen for any occasion.

Sent on 01/14/2017

dara · Married on 10/01/2016

Dhanny and Chef Joe are the most sincere and reliable people a couple planning a wedding could ask for. Their space is perfect for smaller-intimate wedding numbers (ours was 60 and it was perfect!). Chef Joe's food was one of the most celebrated comments from our wedding goers and the professionalism of their staff was on point. The versatility of their space is perfect for a couple who may not know exactly what they want to do right as they begin planning. Dhanny was very accommodating to our shifting ideas and sometimes lack of direction. We felt comfortable and confident in her opinions and suggestions. The final product was what we had desired from the beginning. Dhanny was able to channel our (at times, incoherent) thoughts and helped us plan a ceremony and reception that was completely representation of who we are as a couple. This venue is a hidden gem in Forest Hills, Queens, and New York at large. You will not regret this venue decision.

Sent on 10/06/2016

Catherine · Married on 07/31/2016

I had my wedding and reception in My Kitchen and it was the best decision I made. The place is beautifully kept, the outdoor space is magical and ideal and the party room is a large great space with dark wood floors. The owners are so lovely, helpful and so easy to talk to. The staff is very professional and attentive. The food was delicious. For any events you need this is the place to go. Dhanny and Chef Joe are simply the best at what they do.

Sent on 08/07/2016

Tamara · Married on 07/01/2016

Guest were happy, decor was exactly what we wanted, everything was beautiful.

Sent on 07/18/2016

From our very first meeting, Dhanny was warm, inviting and knowledgable. We met several times over the course of a year to make sure everything was perfect for my big day. Each time we met, both her and her husband Joe became more like family. They are friendly, accommodating and incredibly professional. From suggesting appropriate foods to small logistics of my wedding day, there isn't any subject that wasn't covered by the incomparable Dhanny! When I walked into my reception area on my wedding day, I was blown away. Guests couldn't stop raving about the food and unforgettable event coordinator, Dhanny. Both her and Joe will always hold a special place in our hearts <3<3

audrey · Married on 06/11/2016

Got married in June! Choosing My Kitchen was the best decision ever!!!!
    The ceremony and reception was phenomenal thanks to Dhanny and Joe. If you are looking for a venue that pays special attention to every detail, and all your needs and desires this is the place. Even with my very busy schedule and hardly any time to plan, Dhanny pulled it all together and made magic happen. What can I say the CHEF nailed it!!! My guests are still talking about the food! Shazar the in house photographer was super amazing and captured every moment beautifully. Great hospitality, beautifully decorated, excellent service, I wished the night would never end. Thank you so much Dhanny and Joe, you guys are the best!!!

Sent on 06/13/2018
  • I

Irene · Married on 09/24/2015

This is long overdue as I near my 3rd yr wedding anniversary. Owners and real life married couple Dhanny and Joe were beyond words for us on our special day.

We were looking for a catering business that gave us financial freedom and creative freedom with our selections. The wedding industry can be extremely intimidating, budget breaking, inflexible, impersonal and downright, disappointing. My hubby and I experienced that but not at My Kitchen.

The wedding was held off-site but the communication was wonderful. Dhanny had years of experience at my venue. She listened to our requests of "going green" and worked with Joe to innovatively use less plates, silverware, bamboo sticks vs toothpicks which were better for the environment. We looked at cup/glass and plate options, napkins in which there was a decent selection. Nothing extravagant but to the point.

On one of our trips there to touch base and finalize decisions, Joe was absolutely generous in giving us a ride to the train station. Absolutely unnecessary because we didn't mind the walk, ok I didn't mind it, hubby ehhh... They with their crazy busy summer schedules took time to do that and I'm forever touched by it. Very cool.

We played around with menu options as we seeked to represent the Asian in me and Latino in my hubby. So yes there was cod fish in an Asian inspired citrus sauce that was delicious while we were sure to have an entire roasted pig. We recommend you get both!

There was a bit of a carnival theme so I REALLY wanted a popcorn machine and one came. The day of the wedding, as life had it, it didn't work so it looked great but no product. Our monies were refunded back. Bonus!

We were in love that day, with our family and friends witnessing and a great team behind the scenes. We are in love today knowing you helped us accomplish our mission that wedding day: to eat delicious food, have awesome music and dancing, and to have fun. Mission accomplished.

Sent on 07/26/2018

Dhanny and Chef are amazing at what they do. Let me just say that my husband and I found My Kitchen at the last minute, 4 weeks before our date to be married. We had a very small idea of what we wanted for ourselves, and Dhanny stepped right in to not only facilitate our vision but bring it to the next level. Dhanny made sure that we covered all bases and that nothing was left out. Our guests were taken care of just as we were and everyone could not stop talking about how delightful every element was. We can not thank My Kitchen enough for their impeccable service, as well as their need to fulfill their clients needs. Can't wait to work with them again. It was such a pleasure.

Sent on 10/23/2015

Alexandra · Married on 05/23/2015

I renewed my vows at My Kitchen and it came out exactly how I wanted. It was intimtlate, with excellent food and drinks. My guest had a blast. The ambience was homey which was the feel I was looking for. Dhanny didn't require a minimum number of guest unlike other places. The cocktail hour out-back was a nice touch. My pictures came out beautiful and I appreciated the chef introducing himself to the guest. I did a lot of deco myself but Dhanny was right there to assist me with anything I needed, from cake options to planning the whole event if I wanted to.

Dhanny and Joe thank you for a great time!

Alexandra and Pedro

Sent on 06/11/2017

James · Married on 11/29/2014

Amazing food and service in a warm and homey setting. When our wedding plans grew from 3 people at city hall to an 80+ person affair, we found ourselves in a scramble to plan a wedding in less than three months. Dhanny and Chef Joe helped us to craft a wonderful personalized experience that was beyond our imagination. Passing through a sequence of intimate spaces, our guests were treated to delicious hospitality at each stage of the wedding. From hot cider while waiting for the ceremony to start, to mouth-watering hors d’oeuvres during the top-shelf cocktail hour, through the excellent table service dinner culminating with a delectable pie station. We look forward to returning as dinners and reliving our experience for years to come. We highly recommend them both as caterers and as a banqueting space.

Sent on 12/30/2014
  • User4635488 · event on: 10/19/2014

Dhanny and Joe provided an amazing experience on all levels. Dhanny was the voice of calm and professionalism during the planning stages of my event. Joe came up with a delicious menu and even invented a additional side dish which got rave reviews from all the guests! The wait staff was helpful, efficient & always there at the right time.
    At the end of the event everyone floated out with a feeling of well being, delicious memories and positive comments about the event.
    I would certainly not hesitate to host another event at My Kitchen.

Sent on 12/27/2014

Michelle · Married on 08/10/2014

This family owned business truly values family memories! They not only provide an elegant space but open their hearts as they open their doors! We had a wedding reception that was extra special due to the dash of this and sprinkle of that, that Dhanny the EVENT GOD -MOTHER PUTS INTO HER WORK! HER CARE N ATTENTION TO NOT JUST DETAIL BUT TO PEOPLE, IS AMAZING AND GREATLY APPRECIATED CAN NOT THANK THEM ENOUGH FOR A GORGEOUS EVENT WITH A DELICIOUS MENU, AND RESPECTABLE SERVICE!!! THEY ARE A GEM. WE WILL BE BACK AGAIN N AGAIN I'M CERTAIN. MY HOPE IS THAT ALL WHO SEEK AN EVENT SPACE, FIND THEM. I WILL BE RECOMMENDING TO EVERYONE I KNOW, THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE

Sent on 01/15/2015

Keshia · Married on 04/04/2014

First off I have to say great service! Me and my husband had our rehearsal dinner there and it was a great experience. This place allows for a private event. We felt special knowing that they closed for our dinner. Dhanny and her husband, who is also the chef, are friendly and they were able to accomodate our requests for the evening. The food is great,no complaints there. Me and my husband returned about 9mos later to enjoy a dinner there ,great btw, and the centerpieces we made for our rehearsal dinner were still being used which was really cool. If you want a great location and great service for a special event they are a great choice!

Sent on 04/12/2015

Amy · Married on 07/02/2011

Just perfect! The food was delicious (and definitely fed everyone), and the option to switch it to a buffet a week before the wedding so as to accommodate everyone (at no extra charge!) was definitely appreciated! Loved the back patio and that I didn't have to worry about the cake or decorations. Great price, and great owner!

Sent on 08/03/2011

Mercedes J Chumpitaz · Married on 10/13/2018

Our Dream Wedding came true at My Kitchen

We had our wedding on October 13th, 2018 at My Kitchen Restaurant! From the moment we saw this restaurant we knew we wanted to have our wedding at My Kitchen. It was all we dreamed of and more! The service was excellent! The food was great! I cannot say enough good things about this venue!!!

Sent on 11/05/2018

Desiree · Married on 04/22/2018

On the 22nd of April, 2018, our dreams were absolutely extended beyond their own heights and reaches as we celebrated our most joyous wedding, and so very much of the credit that this was a tangible reality is owed to the staff of My Kitchen. My Kitchen owner Dhanny embraced our union, leading up to the celebration, during it and afterwards as if she was part of the wedding, herself. She made the whole process as easy as possible and was flexible with any request we had.
    The venue was perfectly intimate for our group (which was slightly above 30) but would do the same for a larger group as the room could be opened up. Talking about opening up, the room had two doors that swing open into a beautiful backyard (where some choose to hold their outdoor ceremony) where kids (of all ages) had the most wonderful time running around and enjoying the peaceful outdoors with a breath of fresh air, which truly could be a metaphor for the whole celebration.
    Deliciously catered and kindly served by the whole staff, our special day was more than just a traditionally used phrase, but truly our actuality: the most special of days.
    We both grew up, and continue to live, in Queens, not far from where My Kitchen is located. Because of this, there is a community affect that gave us much pride. In addition to supporting the local restaurant itself, My Kitchen recommends local neighbors for florist and bakery services. It was nice to know that we were supporting our neighborhood and community.
    With all of our appreciation and the most proud of our approval signatures, we send our happiness to anyone who decides to have an event at My Kitchen...because that's what it shall feel like, as if you are sitting in/outside of a friend's beautiful home, sharing a meal and having a great time amongst those you care about, all done with the utmost of ease.
    Thank you again to Dhanny and the whole My Kitchen staff! Your kindness will not be soon forgotten.
    Desiree and Joel Grayson

Sent on 05/28/2018

Brittany · Married on 07/08/2016

Dhanny was so helpful throughout the planning process! From giving vendor recommendations to ideas about decor and menu choices. She is really great at what she does! She even collaborated with our photographer to make sure we got some silly and sweet pictures :-) Also I highly recommend going to the My Kitchen just for dinner. The food is sooo good! Chef Joe puts so much love into his food. You can tell how passionate Dhanny and Joe are about their business and each other. They treat all of their customers like family. My husband and I will definitely return soon!

Adriana · Married on 09/20/2014

The food was great and the place was perfect and beautiful for my small event .

Sent on 08/22/2015

manuel · Married on 08/20/2016

4.2

My kitchen was great for our wedding and guests. They were attentive and professional, made sure the bride was taken care of and we had a great time!

Sent on 08/20/2017

Abigail · Married on 06/21/2008

1.2
      1.0
      1.0
      2.0
      2.0
      0.0

Our guests enjoyed the dessert table, but the caterer did not deliver on several promised items including an entree he had explicitly promised for our guests with dietary restrictions. Setup was very sloppy and unprofessional. We ended up doing some of the arranging and draping ourselves. He made several lower-cost substitutions on the day of the wedding without telling us and charged us the full rate.

Sent on 08/23/2008

My Kitchen Restaurant's reply:

Hi. I recently bought this biz Nov 2012. Would appreciate if you would consider removing this review. Thanks D