My Goodness Cakes Reviews

My Goodness Cakes 4
My Goodness Cakes 5

Ramona · Married on 01/14/2012

3.5

The cakes were beautiful. We were a little bit limited with the design aspects. The actual cakes were not as moist as those we had during the tasting but they were acceptable.

Sent on 01/31/2012

3.5

I enjoyed meeting with Brian and his team, but on my wedding day I was a little disappointed with the cake. The frosting colors were much darker than I wanted and it wasn't really a wow flavor. The best I can think of is that the heat hurt it on the drive over, because it was different than the tasting we had. No one complained about the cake, but no one complimented it either. I highly recommend getting more cake than you think you need. I bought cake for 140 people, had 105 attend, and there was none left (and my venue was cutting small pieces). For the price, I kind of wish I had gone with a different vendor.

Sent on 06/16/2014

Natalie · Married on 06/20/2009

3.0

Overall, I liked working with Brian. He was very accomodating and professional. The cake is cheap for the quality of work he does. However, I received feedback from family and friends that the cake was not tasty and they did not like the icing. This was embarrassing to hear, so perhaps something to keep in mind?

Sent on 07/29/2009

3.0

The cake itself was great. The details on the decorating of the cake was less than impressive. Cracks and uneven balls around the edges, seams in the fondant that should have been smoothed out and merged, gaps in decorations because of lack of measuring. The people were great but in this business you need to be a perfectionist and that was lacking.

Sent on 03/03/2013

Victoria · Married on 11/04/2012

3.8
      2.0

Our experience with the cake was definitely not the best. When we went to do the cake tasting, Brian was exceptional - friendly, professional, and very convincing that the fondant would be 1/12" and that we should go with that instead of buttercream because we could do a lot more designs with it. The cake did end up looking great, but it didn't taste as good. When we cut into the cake, the fondant was much thicker and we wished we would've gone with the buttercream.

Sent on 11/20/2012
  • Heather S

Heather · Married on 10/13/2013

3.6
      3.5

When we first contacted this vendor he was VERY accommodating to us for our tasting. All the cake tasted so GOOD!!! We picked out what we wanted and that was it until the wedding.

The cake showed up and I guess the topper was too heavy and it was put back on the table and a hole was left on top of the cake. It was my photographer who told me about it and asked if I wanted it fixed. Of course! So she arranged the flowers to fix the cake. I don't know what happened to the person who delivered the cake or the venue for not stepping up.

Overall, I was not wowed by my wedding cake with either design or taste. In fact, I don't think the flavors were correct. So, kinda disappointed by my experience.

Sent on 12/30/2013

1.4
      1.0
      0.0
      2.5
      2.0

We ordered our wedding cake from here. We gave them a picture of how the cake we wanted should look like. On our wedding day when we went to cut the cake I was horrified by what I saw. It looked NOTHING like the picture. We agreed on edible flowers not real ones during the consultation yet when I called after getting back from our honeymoon the owner told me we agreed on real flowers and he tried blaming our wedding coordinator. The cake was bare besides the ribbon edge... I showed the picture of the cake I wanted and the cake we got and my mother and other family members cannot believe the difference. We won't ever go here again. Hundreds of dollars for a cake that wasn't even worth $50 :( SO disappointed.

Sent on 11/18/2013