My Fellow Dj Reviews

My Fellow Dj 6
My Fellow Dj 7

Chaz Mateer · Getting married on 05/09/2020

Very fun and professional

Erick was great to work with! He was very professional and he did a great job of keeping the party going. He played the songs we hoped to hear and came up with a fun list that our guests loved. We highly recommend him!

Sent on 07/18/2019
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 06/22/2019

Awesome DJ!!

Erick is an awesome DJ; my husband and I were so happy to have him! He was very flexible with our schedules and made sure that he understood exactly what we wanted for the big day. He played the songs that we wanted + chose more songs to satisfy my guests! He did a great job reading the crowd. We were so pleased with his service and friendliness!!

Sent on 07/10/2019
  • Leigh

Leigh · Married on 06/01/2019

Everyone RAVED about the music!

Erick was great to work with! I'd heard him play at gigs around rva and knew he'd crush it at our wedding, and he exceeded our expectations. We told him we wanted to have a dance-heavy reception for our friends and family, and he definitely delivered. Everyone was raving about the music, and he easily incorporated the songs I had requested for the night. We had one minor mic issue, but because he had a backup handheld mic, crisis was averted. He somehow moved between three different locations at our venue (ceremony, cocktail hour, reception) at the speed of light which made the flow of music super smooth. I highly recommend My Fellow DJ!

Sent on 06/04/2019

Christine · Married on 03/23/2019

Would highly recommend!

Erick was an amazing DJ for our wedding and would highly recommend him for any event! We had the most fun dancing to every song and did a great mix of all songs including songs that I requested beforehand. He was flexible enough to do a very on the spot twist on the conventional mother and son dance that my husband spontaneously requested, which we appreciated so much! He was very kind, professional and couldn't have asked for anyone better. We will be recommending him to all our friends for the future!

Sent on 03/31/2019

Ryan Miller · Married on 03/15/2019

Absolutely perfect!

Our experience with Erick couldn’t have been better! From the great music, to the lighting, to the communication throughout the planning process, Erick definitely made our wedding unforgettable!

Sent on 03/30/2019

Brandon Ramsuer · Married on 11/30/2018

Can’t beat Capone!

Erick was a fantastic DJ for our wedding exemption, but it was everything he did leading up to that day that sets him apart from the rest — my wife and I met him for drinks multiple times and had casual conversations that he used to get to know us better so that he can set the mood accordingly on our big night. The week leading up the wedding, the forecast signaled rain, which was going to complicate things for everybody, including Erick. He came up with a new game plan just in case it did rain, and even bought new equipment to make sure the rain wouldn’t set us back from anything less than a perfect wedding. No need to look elsewhere, he’s the guy for you!

Sent on 12/24/2018

Alex Vichinsky · Married on 11/10/2018

Everything we could ask for

Erick was extremely helpful throughout the process - his responsiveness, flexibility, and follow-through made both the planning and the day-of a breeze. He took extra steps to make sure we had everything we needed and even gave us some great ideas. Most importantly, our guests had a great time and Erick kept the party going.

Sent on 12/21/2018

Meghan · Married on 10/06/2018

The Perfect Choice to Keep Guests Dancing!

We are so glad we found Erick - AKA My Fellow DJ, AKA DJ El Capone - via WeddingWire (& ecstatic that he was available to DJ our wedding)! As a couple, music is extremely important to us, and so we wanted to find a DJ with real musical chops. Erick is just that person! He's a club DJ who is amazing at mixing tracks, but he was glad to play a number of songs we requested without mixing, too. That willingness to be flexible meant the world to us. At one point during dinner, my husband and I looked at each other while Erick was playing a great mix of "Such Great Heights" and then fading into another song, and we gushed about how awesome it was. Throughout dinner and the reception, guests approached both of us to share how happy they were with the DJ (when they needed to take a quick water break from dancing, that is)! The dance floor was full the entire night, which was exactly what we wanted.
    Leading up to the big day, Erick spoke with us on the phone and emailed back and forth when we had wedding prep questions. He worked with our budget to give us exactly what we wanted for our celebration. Not only was Erick extremely professional, he was friendly and fun, too! We loved Erick so much that I even connected him with my company to DJ our holiday party (unfortunately for us, he was already booked for that night)!

Sent on 02/07/2019
    My Fellow Dj 8
    My Fellow Dj 9
    My Fellow Dj 10
    My Fellow Dj 11
    My Fellow Dj 12
    My Fellow Dj 13

Ashley · Married on 09/28/2018

Outstanding Service and Music!

Erick was so wonderful! The music was great for our wedding. Everyone was on the dance floor, and he kept the energy up the whole reception. Erick was super responsive and met with us on several occasions to ensure our music and MC services were going to be perfect. Would highly recommend!

Sent on 10/31/2018

Jess · Married on 09/15/2018

DJ El Capone was amazing. We decided sort of last minute(about a month out) to get a DJ instead of relying on a playlist on shuffle and it was probably one of our best decisions. Erick was professional, so easy to work with, friendly, and genuine. My husband created a playlist of songs we wanted and sent it to Erick the night before our wedding. He flawlessly mixed every song. My husband is NOT one to dance at weddings, but he was dancing almost the whole reception! We got so many comments from our guests about how great the music was and how well the dj was reading the room and mixing everything. I would 130% recommend My Fellow DJ, you won’t be disappointed!

Sent on 09/19/2018

Lawrence · Married on 09/02/2018

Erick was easy to work with and was very professional. We had a laid back wedding reception at O'Connor brewing. We didn’t have any set songs except for the first dance and father/daughter, mother/son dance. We left everything else up to him and he was able to feel the vibe of the crowd and also transition well into the various events happening.

Sent on 09/15/2018

Robert · Married on 08/18/2018

Hire Erick NOW! Do not bother searching any longer. I do not make it a habit of writing reviews, however, for My Fellow DJ is a must. His style and abilities rank among the best! A relative that attended my wedding; her husband is a DJ in LA, she told me other than her husband he is the best DJ she has heard. All of my guests made comments on how great Erick was. The best part, you can trust him, I had one conversation over the phone about music I didn't want, you do not have to manage him at all. His announcements are brief and timely. In short, HIRE this DJ, all I did was sign a contract had one conversation and my expectations were surpassed exponentially!!!

Sent on 08/31/2018

Ellaine · Married on 06/09/2018

My Fellow DJ was literally the life of our wedding reception! Our guests did not want to leave the dance floor because of all the amazing music that was playing! Erick is such an amazing person to work with. He has been my family’s go-to DJ for years for all our large events, because we know it’s ALWAYS a good time. He accurately tailors his music lineup to the crowd. Thanks for making our night better than we could have imagined!

Sent on 09/16/2018

Lee · Married on 05/05/2018

We cannot say enough good things about My Fellow DJ and loved having Erick DJ our wedding reception. The entire experience was wonderful. He was extremely professional, attentive, and truly cared that we had the perfect wedding ambiance. He met with us in person to discuss our timeline, we picked out songs together and he also mixed a few songs of his own to make sure our day was super special. He made sure the reception flowed seamlessly and did a flawless job as an MC. Everyone stayed on the dance floor the whole night and left saying "Best DJ ever!!"

Sent on 06/07/2018
    My Fellow Dj 14
    My Fellow Dj 15
    My Fellow Dj 16
    My Fellow Dj 17
    My Fellow Dj 18
    My Fellow Dj 19

Luisa · Married on 04/14/2018

We could not imagine having anyone else DJ our wedding but Erick. He is so incredibly in tune with feeling the vibe of the crowd and creating mixes that keep the crowd dancing and enjoying themselves. He was accommodating and easy to contact if we had any questions. We felt so at ease during the entire planning process and especially the day-of because of how amazing our vendors were and Erick was no exception. He went above and beyond to ensure any of our music choices were played while still accommodating other guests’ music choices too. Almost everyone was on the dance floor the ENTIRE night. That speaks volumes to Erick’s talent as a DJ. He is seriously the best and we are forever grateful to have had him as our DJ!

Sent on 04/25/2018

Gerald · Married on 11/11/2017

Erick was able to fill the void that occured when the DJ that we originally contracted broke our contract and left us without a DJ. I’ve known of Erick for a number of years now and have been to a couple of events that he had DJ’d for, so I was well aware of his abilities to entertain the crowd in front of him. We didn’t originally contract with Erick only due to him living 2 hrs away. That wasn’t an issue for him at all. We hired him for our wedding, he did his job well and was on time to set up early. Erick is well organized by his attentiveness to the wedding timelines and music choice per event. I have no problem recommending Erick to friends!

Britney · Married on 05/27/2017

The quality of service that this DJ provides comes at such an affordable price that you just cannot pass up! He took careful note of our song list and all of our special requests that were included in our wedding program. He made sure to keep our crowd engaged and entertained throughout the entire night! He is truly invested in what he does and is wholeheartedly determined to make your special day all that you can possibly imagine it to be!! Don’t miss out on the opportunity to work with someone that will literally make your wedding day! We would absolutely recommend this DJ to anyone.

Sent on 02/28/2018

Bryan · Married on 04/29/2017

Erick was the DJ for my Wedding he was professional did a great job and I would refer him to all of my family and friends.

• Jered

Jered · Married on 04/08/2017

We were so happy to have Erick DJ our wedding. He was extremely accommodating. He did a great job of capturing the feel that we wanted during dinner and also getting people out on the dance floor (and kept them dancing all night). He easily took our song requests, but also chose songs on his own that fit the mood: His song selection was perfect. He was very professional and met up with us before hand to get to know what style of music we wanted. He showed up on time and stayed through the whole reception. Several people from the wedding asked who our DJ was and wanted his information for their future events.

Sent on 03/21/2018
    My Fellow Dj 20
    My Fellow Dj 21

Kristianne · Married on 04/01/2017

Eric was amazing! He DJ’d our wedding and I couldn’t have been happier. He played a great mix of music that both my grandparents and younger guests loved, was prompt, professional and reasonably priced. I would highly recommend him!

Sent on 04/04/2018

Melissa · Married on 02/04/2017

I referred my sister to Erick for her wedding after catching him at the club a few times, and he did not disappoint! He took the time to get to know my sister and her taste in music before her big day, taking note of every special request she had, and he definitely delivered. He was punctual, well dressed, and very professional. Along with his great emcee skills, he played tunes that kept the crowd going all night long, there was never a dull moment! So if you’re lookin’ for someone who will keep the party going, I’d definitely recommend Erick, My Fellow Dj! You won’t regret it!

Nicole · Married on 10/09/2016

Erick is amazing! My husband and I carefully chose the songs we wanted and he was able to capture that vibe throughout the night. He brought all of his own professional equipment and was so easy to work with! Would 100% recommend.

Sent on 03/26/2018

Jen · Married on 10/11/2014

We have been using DJ El Capone for years to DJ our family’s events. It was only fitting that my husband and I had him DJ our wedding. DJ El Capone definitely knows how to read the crowd and get everyone involved in the party. Not everyone has the same taste in music, especially at an event where the age range is diverse. We definitely appreciate him being able to bring everyone on the dance floor. You can’t go wrong with DJ El Capone!

Sent on 02/08/2018

Rebekah · Married on 03/31/2019

Partied all night!

Erick was awesome. If you want to keep the party going the entire night, hire my fellow dj!!! We got married a month ago and people are still talking about how much fun they had dancing and joke that we broke the dance floor (it had to be replaced the next morning)! My husband and I were a little scattered with planning, but Erick worked with us and made us feel comfortable and at ease. On top of everything else, we didn’t want to worry about picking every single song on a playlist, so we gave him a snapshot of music we liked, and he took care of everything else. Awesome for getting the party started and feeling out the crowd.

Sent on 05/01/2019