140 Reviews for My Chef Catering

House Beer (1)
Signature Drink (1)
Specialty Wine (1)
140 My Chef Catering Reviews

Outstanding food and service for both our bridal shower and wedding! My husband's family has used My Chef for previous family celebrations and it was a no brainer to use their services again after hearing his family rave over My Chef! The appetizers, dinner and dessert were so tastey! Our guests were talking for days about how great the food was! And the service was top notch too! At both the bridal shower and wedding they were prompt and we didn't have to worry about a thing with Janet and staff ensuring the service went smoothly. And Sue was beyond helpful from the initial contact until after the wedding making sure all of our requests were met! We will use their services again!

Profile Picture Kathy , 7/21/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Outside Cake, Server(s), Tastings, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

I highly recommend My Chef catering! Dana was so awesome to work with. Everything was beautifully set up and the food was delicious! As a highly organized person, My Chef put me to shame! They were on top of everything and I didn't feel stressed out at all!

Profile Picture Emily, 8/3/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I'm going to make this as sappy as I can because it is all coming straight from the heart...there are few people in the world as professional, kind, caring, funny and just overall WONDERFUL as Sue at MyChef catering. She was a joy to work with from day one! My wife and I met her and we were just in love with both her personality and the services she offered us. I'll never forget the night we went to the MyChef office for a tasting of appetizers and entrees. I kept saying over and over again "this is the most fun I've ever had in my life". Sure, that was also the excitement of the wedding doing some of the talking...but how exciting can a wedding really be without incredible vendors making everything enjoyable and easy throughout the process? Sue provided us with kindness and loving care, in addition to the BEST food I've ever had at a wedding. If it was going to be this good, I'm glad it was at my own wedding of all weddings! I don't even want to go into too much detail because you need to hit up MyChef, speak to Sue, and experience her catering for yourself. You will be in good hands, I promise.

Profile Picture John, 7/28/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

MyChef was wonderful to work with. The pricing, flexibility with our requests the day-of (they brought my husband and me our dinner during cocktail hour - I highly recommend this), help in the timeline of our wedding, and food suggestions were all great. We couldn't have asked for a better caterer. Dana was the best leader and took charge to make sure everything was right. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Claire, 7/13/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Everyone will rave about the food! We received so many compliments and they were so accommodating and easy to work with. We did the lemon chicken and the steak with mashed potatoes and buttered green beans and I am still getting compliments. "I could cut through that steak with my fork it was so tender".

Dana was our contact and she was just a joy to work with. So professional, prompt, and willing to work for you and your vision. If we need to host another lavish event, we will most definitely be using them again.

Profile Picture Jessica, 7/7/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Cake Cutting, Custom Menu, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings

We heard about My Chef Catering from a co-worker that used to coordinate weddings and other events in the Chicago land area. My wife and I requested a quote for our wedding and they responded immediately. Even after not getting back to them for a week, they sent a courtesy email asking if we had any question or concerns, and that they would be willing to work with us on our budget and food options. Our coordinator was Dana Ross. She was extremely helpful, and very kind. We had a tight budget to work with, and she helped us out with cost effective options. They offer a wide range of food options, and their extensive menu helped us pick our dream dinner for our special day. They even served my wife a side dish of something she really wanted, but was not on our menu for our guests. Very sweet Dana. We had a last minute change the week of our wedding with out guest count, and had to change a couple tables around. At this point, our wedding planning was done, and everything ready to go. I called Dana with the emergency change and she fixed it immediately without antipathy. Their customer service staff was very friendly. We went into their office to meet Dana for the first time, and the staff from the chef to the receptionist was friendly. My Chef is my first recommendation to anyone with an event.

Profile Picture john, 7/5/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We absolutely loved working with My Chef for our wedding! (6/29/18)

Sue was amazing, making sure that every detail was not missed. We had quite a few revisions to our menu and lots of questions along the way, but she made the process very seamless and a pleasant experience.

When it comes to dietary preference, we choose to be vegan. My Chef was able to cater to our needs without compromising quality and taste. There are plenty of options that they can provide that can accommodate any dietary need!

We had so many guests comment on how delicious the food was at our wedding that I am confidant in leaving this 5 star review. One of our guests, whom was vegetarian, said that she hasn't eaten so well at a wedding before!

Thank you My Chef for a fantastic experience!

Profile Picture Kathryn, 6/29/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering

They helped make our wedding so special! It's was absolutely perfect!

Profile Picture Emma, 6/23/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering

My Chef Catering was a referral from our wedding venue, The Haight. We specifically worked with Dana Ross. Dana was there from moment one of making our catering decisions. She's knowledgeable, organized and super efficient. From our detailed menu - to our tasting - to the wedding day itself, Dana was always present and there to help. What she promised is what we got. And for that, we're grateful. My Chef Catering takes great pride in the food they're serving. In fact, Chef came out to talk us through each course (ingredients, preparation, etc.) during our tasting. We found that to be quite exceptional that he'd take the time to do that. Dana and her team came in on the day of presented our guests with an amazing food experience. From the hors d'oeuvres to the food stations to the late night snack, everything was excellent. I could not believe Dana was there to oversee my wedding day too. Knowing she was there onsite made all the difference in the world. I knew everything would be perfect. I highly recommend My Chef Catering. I am so thrilled we made the decision to partner together for my special. You will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Melissa, 6/2/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, American, Caribbean, Latin American, Mexican, Gluten Free, No Pork, Vegetarian, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

We could not have had a better experience for our wedding, thanks to My Chef! Dana was truly amazing in helping us prepare for and execute our menu for the reception. The food was outstanding and we had guests raving about our caterer! If I were you, I would look no further than My Chef for your catering needs. Not only was the food great but everyone on their staff from start to finish was so supportive and kind.

Profile Picture Sean, 5/19/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Working with My Chef was a great experience. Sue was very responsive and helpful throughout the entire planning process. On the day of the wedding, she was there making sure that everything went smoothly and that we were happy with everything. We did a buffet, and the food was excellent. Sue took the time to plate and serve the bride and groom meals to make sure we had time to eat with everything that was going on. I would absolutely recommend My Chef to anyone.

Profile Picture Brielle, 5/12/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Vegetarian

Sue and Mark and their team at My Chef Catering went above and beyond to make our wedding special and personal to us. They worked with us to create a unique menu custom to us. Mark even ordered a special sauce! The food was absolutely amazingly delicious! Sue is a special person, she was not just a vendor, she felt like a friend, calling to check up on me just days before the big day, and always giving me a hug when we met! I cannot day enough good things about My Chef! Thank you so much for making our wedding day special and delicious and for truly caring!

Profile Picture Megan, 5/6/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Cake Cutting, Custom Menu, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated

Dominick, Brittany and everyone that helped for our wedding made it such a magical night that we will never forget. Their quality of service is out of this world and their food is amazing. Our wedding was over a month ago now and our guests are STILL talking about how delicious it was and how they have never had such great food at a wedding before. Everything was cooked perfect and the presentation was unbelievable. Their attention to detail blew us and all our guests away. Highly, highly recommend them to anyone without a doubt. They will not disappoint!

Profile Picture marcos, 12/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Dessert, French Service, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Bartender(s), House Wine, Premium Liquor, Vegetarian, Chairs, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Seafood

MyChef was provided the food for our wedding at Emerson Creek in Oswego. Everything that we have ever tasted from MyChef is exceptional. The hardest part about using was narrowing down the choices for our wedding. In no way does anything they made taste "catered" or like "wedding food" Everything we had was the equivalent to a chef coming to our house and cooking a meal for me and my wife. Susan who was our contact person was more of a mother to us through the process than just being a vendor and Bob, who managed/coordinated all the food the day of our wedding, rivaled the service of Michelin stared restaurants downtown Chicago. You would be crazy to go with any other company!

Profile Picture Douglas, 10/13/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Sue and the rest of the staff at My Chef are incredible to say the least. They made accommodations for our vegetarian, and gluten-free guests, as well as my nephew with severe allergies. From the hor devours to dinner the food was delicious, and the dinner portions were generous and filling. We had so many of our guests tell us how incredible the food was.
Sue was truly incredible, she was helpful every step of the way, she was so warm and sweet I couldn't imagine not having her to guide me with decisions and recommendations. Her input was truly invaluable, every meeting and phone call with her was genuine and personable.
If you are looking for a caterer, look no further this is the one to pick. If your wedding is at Emerson Creek, rest assured that your dinner will be absolutely memorable. Thank you to Sue, and the rest of the staff for going above and beyond.

Profile Picture Viridiana, 10/6/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Champagne Toast, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, American

My Chef was the exclusive caterer of my wedding venue (Emerson Creek Pottery & Tearoom in Oswego). At first I was simply relieved that it was one less thing we had to choose, look for, or worry about in general. As we navigated the process with Sue, who is an absolute doll, I found myself ecstatic that the venue had chosen such a great vendor. We always looked forward to our meetings with Sue as she was always attentive, helpful, prompt, and just such a sweetheart. On top of this quality customer service, we received so many compliments on the food - several guests said it was the best wedding food they had ever had. You can't go wrong with My Chef!

Profile Picture Alyssa, 9/17/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Champagne Toast, Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American, Italian

My Chef Catering was one of the best parts of our wedding. We worked with Sue Jacobs and she was fabulous and someone who worked tirelessly to make our menu and special day truly special. We ended up doing stations for our wedding and we had quite a few guests from England coming in for our wedding and wanted to create a station dedicated to England our My Chef NAILED IT! We got so many compliments on our food and not only did it taste great, but the presentation was fabulous. Would HIGHLY recommend My Chef Catering. They do a fabulous job and all their staff are wonderful! :)

Profile Picture Taylor, 8/18/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

We had out after wedding celebration at our home this past weekend and My Chef did an amazing job. From the set up to the service to the food everything was top notch! We couldn't have asked for more. Susan Jacobs was very helpful in helping us plan our day as well. They provided our tents, tables, chairs, décor and of course the amazing food. Love love love them!

Profile Picture Dana, 8/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Party Supplies

Meghann was so helpful and incredible with arrainging tables, linens and food for my wedding. Our wedding was amazing and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The food was absolutely phenomenal.

Profile Picture Tiffany, 8/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

My daughter’s wedding was this past weekend and I'm still on the high from how beautiful the event turned out. This was my first turn as MOB and so I was very green about what hosting a wedding, let alone in my backyard, entailed. In my very first conversation with Susan Jacobs I was SOLD. She went over many details that I had no idea that were even things that I needed to consider! The tasting – although very impressive and delicious – was just a formality. I knew I needed someone like Susan to guide me through this process. She spent countless hours communicating with me – always respectful of my work schedule – and even came to my property to meet with the tent/table rental vendor to review details with them. Susan was determined to make this event special within my budget. I felt like I had hired a friend who was going the extra mile for me – even though we had never met before.
On to the actual day of the wedding. The week of the wedding was filled with spotty thunderstorms which meant I couldn’t accomplish as much of the decorating as I had planned. To say the morning of the wedding was hectic was an understatement. However, my work was finished once My Chef rolled into the driveway. They just came in, got to work, and got the job done. The guest tables looked beautiful, the buffet table was so pretty, even the coffee service was special! The ambiance that My Chef created made you forget that you were in a tent – except for the grass floor! I’m hoping the photographer captured this in photos so that I can attach them to this review. I felt like a guest at my own home because I was so comfortable with the quality of service that My Chef was providing – there was nothing for me to do but enjoy the day. We received so many comments on how special the day was – and My Chef played a HUGE part in this. We got compliments on the food, the servers, and even the bartender (provided by My Chef). I mean guests were RAVING about the food!

Profile Picture Christi, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I absolutely loved working with My Chef and especially Sue Jacobs! The food and linens at our wedding were all amazing! We loved the tasting experience, we always had great communication, everything was very professional and we were treated very kindly throughout the whole experience. Sue checked in with both my mom and myself to make sure everything was exactly what we wanted and she was very thorough. Sue was also extremely friendly and sweet every time my mom and I spoke with her. I am so grateful for how caring she was to make sure our weddding was perfect on their end. I would highly recommend My Chef and I know that everyone who works with Sue Jacobs will love her. We truly are so grateful for everything! Wonderful company all around!

Profile Picture Shayna, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Gluten Free, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Tastings, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

Food was perfect, service was amazing, and the planning process was flawless. Great value and highly recommended !

Profile Picture Melissa, 11/12/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Susan Jacobs and My Chef Catering did a fabulous job at my daughter's wedding at Emerson Creek. Susan was so helpful, calm and attentive throughout the wedding planning process. The food was excellent and the presentation was exceptional. Thank you for a stress-free wedding day for all of us!

Profile Picture User7307217, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Brides please look no further. MyChef will guide you with every step and every detail. Sue will be with you the entire way!

Profile Picture Tracy, 9/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Delivery, Set Up, Chairs, Tables, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Italian, Southern, Gluten Free, Champagne Toast