My Chef Catering Reviews

194 Reviews for My Chef Catering

• Amy

Amy Nelson 路 Getting married on 07/10/2022

Fantastic all around

My daughter last minute switched her venue and date due to Covid and we were able to pull off a beautiful weddding in about 5 weeks. Sue from My Chef was so helpful and so responsive. We didn't even have time for a tasting so we asked for her advice and oh my goodness everything was just wonderful. My guests were all raving about the appetizers when I returned from pictures which made me so happy they were all enjoying so much! The dinner was seamless.....service was top notch, I really enjoyed the presentation as well as the entire meal. The bread and salad were both spectacular. We had the chicken and beef duo and the guests especially raved about the chicken oh and also the mashed potatoes were delicious too! It was not at all your typical wedding food - really impressed my husband as well who attends many events at top hotels and restaurants across the country. I would 100% recommend My Chef and hope to use them again.

Sent on 11/02/2020
  • Crystal

Crystal Austra 路 Married on 10/16/2020

Wow how amazing!

Susan made every moment perfect! The team was very professional and food was on point and hot! Being in the restaurant industry myself I鈥檓 always nervous at weddings, especially my own, but this was the best team for the job! Thank you all!!

Sent on 10/21/2020
  • Cathryn

Cathryn Puskarich 路 Married on 10/03/2020

Excellent food and service

Sue Jacobs did an amazing job from start to finish. She was responsive to our preferences, made useful suggestions and was very flexible when changes were made. We had to switch daughter鈥檚 wedding from a venue that went out of business to our backyard and the staff from My Chef handled everything beautifully. Food was excellent (especially the beef medallions and shrimp entree and the amazing selection of appetizers!). The staff were so attentive and anticipated every need in an unobtrusive way. We loved working with this caterer and would definitely recommend.

Sent on 10/27/2020
  • Karilyn

Karilyn Falardeau 路 Married on 09/26/2020

Couldn't have asked for better!

My now husband and I were forced to switch our wedding venue only a few short months prior to our wedding as a result of Covid-19. Our new wedding venue was partnered with My Chef Catering. Our experience with My Chef was fantastic from the very beginning. Our tasting was with Sue. Not only was the food delicious but this was the first time in quite some time that someone had been genuinely excited for us to get married, despite all the challenges that Covid-19 brought. The staff at My Chef were all very friendly and accommodating. They even set aside a tray of appetizers for us which we really appreciated because we did not intend on missing cocktail hour. The food the day of the wedding was absolutely phenomenal and presented very well. We still to this day have family and friends telling us how good the food was and asking where it was catered from. Thank you to Sue and all the staff at My Chef for making our big day that much better! You will not regret booking this company and we look forward to using them again in the future!

Sent on 11/17/2020
  • Laura

Laura 路 Married on 07/26/2020

One of the Best Caterers Around Chicago!

Waldo Castro and the team at My Chef are some of the best around Chicago. Before deciding on My Chef for our wedding, we met with four caterers throughout Chicagoland. Not only were they the most affordable and best value among all four but they had the best food by far! Throughout the entire planning process, they were responsive and extremely personable. When we had to reschedule our wedding from May to July due to COVID, they never changed their demeanor. Every person we interacted with was a class act. They work well with so many Chicagoland venues and our venue specifically noted My Chef at the top of their list. Waldo handled all of the communication between us and our venue, and was extremely knowledgeable about the current COVID guidelines. When our wedding day finally came, we never got tired of the compliments from guests of the reception setup, food, and d茅cor. We wanted to go with a more nontraditional setup and Waldo offered tons of feedback and worked with us for everything. "No" isn't in their vocabulary so if there's something you want to do, they'll make it happen or offer feedback on what else could work. We even brought in a Portillo's cake and they dressed it up for the cake cutting like one of their own. We couldn't have asked for a better catering company to work with, especially with the chaos of a 2020 wedding, and HIGHLY recommend My Chef for any wedding or event you're planning.

Sent on 09/17/2020
  • Christine

Christine Rovtar 路 Married on 07/10/2020

Chrissie & Dan's Wedding 10/19/19

Sue Jacobs and the entire My Chef team were an absolute dream to work with. They are incredibly detail-oriented, provide excellent costumer service and efficient.

From the first day of planning to our wedding day Sue was on top of every detail. There was no doubt in my mind that our night would be nothing short of amazing. Sue and the My Chef team not only catered an exceptional night but had outstanding customer service and kind staff who went above and beyond to make our day unforgettable.

Since our wedding, we have received countess compliments from our guests in regards to how delicious the food was, efficiency of the plated meals and the kind demeanor the My Chef staff displayed. I highly recommend Sue and the My Chef staff to cater your next event!!

Sent on 10/25/2019

D Maley 路 Married on 11/05/2019

Mick/Courtney's Wedding May 11, 2019

Sue Jacobs and the My Chef team were extremely professional and provided quality customer service. They went above and beyond and several guests that had requested specials meals mentioned they were addressed by their first name from the My Chef staff.

Sue鈥檚 personality was the best to work with and never once blinked at the multiple changes made throughout the process. She consistently kept connecting the final product throughout each discussion. The attention to detail that Sue represented was outstanding鈥rom the selection of the apps, dual entr茅e, to the late-night snack. Most importantly, Sue provided such personal attention to details and choices made such as the plates and silverware, the folded napkins, linens covering the tables/highboys to the desert table.

We are delighted to thank you for managing the dinner & reception so successfully. From the start to the finish it ran smooth and we found you, your staff courteous, welcoming and responsive. All of our guest without exception were full of compliments about the total food service My Chef catering provided us. Thank you for all your support and commitment to our day.

Sent on 06/04/2019

Samantha 路 Married on 10/31/2019

The Perfect Catering Experience

We worked extensively with My Chef throughout our wedding process. We started with a tasting where we selected foods out of several categories- I'll say now that the meal we had that day was hands down the best I've ever had. The food was made to perfected, presented to us nicely, and they were quick to offer changes or suggestions if we seemed to be stuck on something. Susan Jacobs especially is a person I cannot say enough good things about. She was helpful, mindful of the stress I was under trying to plan everything else, and just a wonderful person to talk to- I felt like she was a family member to me on my wedding day and it meant a lot that she was there.

Ultimately, the food is to die for and I would recommend them for any event being planned, not just a wedding. They are professional, kind, and genuinely want the best for you on your big day. If we have any further events, they are the first ones I will call for our catering needs.

Sent on 11/01/2019
  • Denise

Denise 路 Married on 10/18/2019

Really good food! Excellent service!

My Chef Catering was the partner of our venue. It's definitely not a bad thing that we didn't have a choice. First of all, Sue is very sweet. Meeting her during our tasting, we already knew we had the right people catering our wedding. She will make you feel special. She has a very warm, caring, and welcoming personality. She was super easy to talk to and work with from beginning to end. From the tasting, we already felt like she really cared. She listened to our needs and opinions and didn't have any issues working with us to make everything perfect for our day. She was very accommodating to our needs. During and after the wedding, everybody talked about how they loved the food. YES! THEIR FOOD IS GOOD! We had a buffet setting, and some people even went back for seconds. The service was great! Everything was great! What we appreciate the most was, she personally kept coming to our table to check on everything, and made sure we had everything we needed. We couldn't have asked for a better catering company. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 11/17/2019
  • Jill

Jill 路 Married on 10/12/2019

Amazing from start to finish

My Chef catering is amazing. Sue was so attentive and took care of all the details I would never even have thought of! Also, she was able to accommodate a variety of food allergies for our guests, one of which said that ours was the first wedding she was able to confidently eat dinner at without worrying she would have a problem. The food, appetizers, selection, and service was raved about from all of our friends and family!! Can't recommend them enough!

Sent on 01/16/2020

Amy Workman 路 Married on 10/04/2019

Perfect 10!

We got married in Oswego, IL on 10/4/2019. Mychef was an absolute DREAM to work with. First of all, the food was AMAZING. They offered an incredibly wide range of food options as well as plated meals or buffet style. The service was incredible both leading up to the wedding and the day off. Sue was great to work with and she treated us like family. She cared about every detail from the food to the linens on the table. The staff the day of was also wonderful. We chose buffet style and they kept the line moving quickly and everyone had more than enough food. They worked with us to provide a couple custom changes as well. We would highly recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 10/14/2019

Kristy 路 Married on 09/21/2019

Johnson Wedding 9.21.19

My Chef Catering did an AMAZING job and helped make our wedding absolutely perfect.

After talking with all of our guests after the wedding, they all said the same thing, "The food was so delicious!" From the appetizers, to the side dishes, and main entrees... My Chef nailed each one! The staff were personal, professional, and very responsive.

One of our favorite things about My Chef was working with Sue Jacobs. From the very beginning, Sue was professional, warm and kind, and you could always tell she truly cared about us and our special day. Because of Sue, we had great confidence in My Chef and knew we didn't have to worry about a special thing.

We are SO happy My Chef was a part of our special day. We cannot wait to work with them again for another big event!

Sent on 10/05/2019
  • Julia

Julia Wiatr 路 Married on 09/20/2019

SO tasty and great to work with!

Food was AMAZING (guests all raved about it) and the staff was honestly so sweet and so awesome. Before dinner was served, my husband and I were pulled upstairs to take a good look at everything before the guests were seated, and I honestly was speechless. Yes, we picked the linens and our simple 3-pillar candle d茅cor at the linens show so it鈥檚 not like we were surprised by what was set up, but it just looked SO beautiful. They truly do an amazing job.

We did have some communications issues due to our contact going on maternity leave and then not returning (this was some 3 weeks before our wedding), so there were minor delays in communicating with regards to our final payment and just final adjustments (that should have been made before our contact went on maternity leave honestly), but the person that took over handled everything in the most professional way. Despite those unexpected issues, everything was still handled to our absolute satisfaction (beyond that, actually).

MyChef is truly great at what they do, the food is amazing (the apps were honestly to die for), and the staff was so wonderful. 0 regrets here!

Sent on 09/30/2019

Brittany Root 路 Married on 09/14/2019

Amazing, amazing, amazing!

We were so satisfied with everything My Chef had done for us for our wedding. We worked with Sue during the whole wedding process and she was amazing in every way! So detail oriented and she had the warmest personality, which was such a pleasure to have amongst all the wedding planning/ stresses. Sue even made sure to have my husband and I鈥檚 meats cooked differently per our liking, a different salad for me (since I preferred one over the one we decided on for our guests), and a huge plate of appetizers ready for us at the dinner table because we were busy taking pictures during cocktail hour and wouldn鈥檛 have gotten to enjoy the appetizers otherwise. It鈥檚 the little details that made our experience just that much better! Not to mention, the food was delicious and appeared and tasted home-made. My husband and I love food, cooking, and home-cooked meals and the meal options exceeded our expectations for a wedding meal! My Chef also had so many options for table cloths and napkins, etc. They really made sure our wedding vision came together perfectly. We could not be more pleased and would recommend them to anyone getting married!

Sent on 09/29/2019

Kayla Wills 路 Married on 09/01/2019

Outstanding, above and beyond, feels like family

Consider yourself extremely lucky if you have the rare opportunity to work with the MyChef team. Sue and the MyChef team treat you as if you are one of their daughters/sons that are getting married...there is no detail that goes unnoticed. Sometimes when the service is THIS good, the friendliness of the staff is scarified, but NOT with this team. They are equally as friendly as they are professionals. It's a no-brainer, book with them today and enjoy and focus on your day without a worry in the world about your food.

Sent on 09/04/2019
  • Erin

Erin Magee 路 Married on 08/25/2019

Amazing!!!

So happy we chose MyChef for our wedding! They were absolutely amazing during the whole process and on the day of. I asked a lot of questions and made many changes to our menu during the planning process and every time MyChef was so sweet and made sure everything was perfect on the day of. All of the food was so delicious it was hard to choose a menu and the sweets were amazing. Jessica and Stephanie did a great job and were so helpful and so nice even when I changed my mind multiple times in a day.

Sent on 08/31/2019

Dana 路 Married on 08/10/2019

Wonderful service & friendly staff, and DELICIOUS FOOD!

MyChef catering and their entire staff was an absolute dream to work with! Sue was a delight and paid attention to every detail for us! The food was served hot and delicious and made sure to have special meals provided for our handful of allergies, vegan, and children plates. Our guests raved about the food and the "show" of the staff for the head table. Would highly recommend for individuals planning their special day. :)

Sent on 09/08/2019
  • Annie

Annie Manikas 路 Married on 07/12/2019

Best decision for my wedding

My Chef catered my wedding at Danada House this July, and everything was perfect! Dominic and Jessica were fantastic. We have received so many compliments on the food, everything was hot, plated beautifully, and delicious! They made sure everything was set up exactly how I had envisioned and were there to ensure that the event ran smoothly. They went above and beyond and I am so happy! I will be recommending them to all of my friends and family, and will definitely use them for future events.

Sent on 08/03/2019

Demi Farbo 路 Married on 07/06/2019

Wedding catering

Food was amazing! Sue Jacobs was so professional and helpful. All my guests raved about the food and the servers! They were great! Buffet set up was so elegant. Food looked pretty and tasted amazing couldn鈥檛 of picked a better company to cater our wedding!

Sent on 07/11/2019

Hollyann Saucedo 路 Married on 06/29/2019

Amazing Catering Company

My husband I just got married this past June and we were both so happy with the service we received from My Chef. We live in Wisconsin and were having the wedding in Illinois which had made planning difficult. Sue went above and beyond to make sure every detail was accounted for. She answered my many emails and phone calls with such a high response rate which helped ease my mind especially since I was out of town! She made sure we could schedule a tasting and accommodating to our busy schedules.
    The tasting was so fun! Sue makes it personal for the couple, and romantic. It was fun trying and picking all the food. She gave such good recommendations and was patient when we could not decide.
    The amount of precaution Sue and the My Chef catering team took to some of the allergies me and my guests had was outstanding. We had some very severe allergies and Sue made sure none of those allergens were even in the kitchen. It gave us and our guests piece of mind!
    Sue and her catering team was amazing on the day of our wedding. My husband and I felt so special. Sue was even there to make sure everything went smoothly! Sue made sure we had a whole plate of hors d'oeuvres which really came in handy when waiting for dinner!
    The food and choice of food is outstanding - people are still talking about how good the food was!
    Do not hesitate to book with my chef- I am someone that relies on reviews so I really mean when I say that you will not be disappointed with Sue and My Chef! We highly recommend them!

Sent on 09/25/2019

Karen Riordan 路 Married on 06/28/2019

Excellent Service & Delicious Food from My Chef

My Chef was the caterer for my daughter's wedding at Emerson Creek this past June. Sue Jacobs was wonderful to work with and her attention to detail made our day perfect! From beginning to end nothing was left to chance. From the tasting to choosing the table linens we enjoyed working with Sue and her professionalism. So many of our guests complimented us on how good the food was from appetizer to the sweet table. I would hire Sue and My Chef again and recommend them for any event especially an important day such as my daughter's wedding. Thank you Sue.

Sent on 08/01/2019
  • JoAnna

Joanna Lipkowska 路 Married on 06/15/2019

JoAnna and Tom Wedding 6/15/19

MyChef was absolutely amazing to work with Sue was the sweetest and made sure everything was perfect. The food was delicious and everything came out right on time. All of our guest ranted and raved about the hors d'oeuvres. The presentation was absolutely stunning and we couldn't have been happier. Thank you, MyChef and Sue for making our Wrdding day perfect. Joanna and Tom

Sent on 07/26/2019
  • George

Natalie 路 Married on 06/14/2019

Wonderful people to work with

We had begun working with Stephanie, but she went into labor literally the week before our wedding! I鈥檓 going to base most of the review on our interactions with her.

MyChef is one of the Wilder Mansion鈥檚 preferred caterers. When we went to contact each caterer, MyChef was the quickest to respond and the most willing to meet with us.

Our meetings with MyChef were very straightforward, no nonsense. Stephanie honored the fact that we were paying for our wedding by ourselves, and mentioned early on when items would cost extra. The tasting we had was excellent, and we ended up ordering the salmon and Mediterranean chicken dishes, along with five appetizers. The chef we worked with (I鈥檓 so sorry I forgot his name!!) was super polite, and happy to make us happy.

The week of the wedding, Stephanie went into labor, and we began working with Jessica. She was very kind to ensure me that my vision would be honored.

Our wedding was a success! Everyone has complimented our food, saying it was excellent.

The only hiccup during the wedding were two items: the first was that my husband and I requested hors d鈥檕euvres be sent to the bridal suite. Instead, they were placed at the head table. We also requested cakes be sent up to the bridal suite, but they were not. The second hiccup was the timing of the event. We had paid for their service from 4-12am. At 11pm, MyChef turned the lights on, and told us we had to leave. We knew the cleanup would start at 11, but when we corresponded with Stephanie, she was glad to allow us to play music until the shuttle from the hotel arrived. Apparently, this varied person to person.

Overall, I highly recommend MyChef. Their food is excellent, great value, and everyone left happy.

Sent on 06/19/2019

Lexus 路 Married on 06/04/2019

Wedding at Emerson Creek 8-2-19

From the first time that Sue contacted us to plan our tasting and congratulate us on our wedding at Emerson Creek Pottery and Tea Room, we have had nothing but positive after positive interactions with her and with everyone at Mychef. During the entire process from start to finish we just felt so at ease, not rushed, not pushed or rushed at all. Setting up a tasting with a ton of options to try was super easy and they were very easy to work with when we wanted to try something or wanted something a certain way. Choosing fabrics and napkins was much easier when you can bounce if off of someone like Sue who has done this so many times. The food was unreal, from the tasting to the wedding it was the same food, same quality, same exact thing that we tried and chose in the beginning. We chose special groom and bride meals and they went out of their way to give us what we wanted. The children's meals were as good as the meal that everyone else had. At the end of the night they boxed up all of our desserts for us so that we could take them home. During cocktail hour when we were busy taking pictures and everyone else got to enjoy hor d'ouvres, the staff set aside a huge tray of them for us so when we sat down we could enjoy some of the stuff we chose. That was awesome. More than once I was assured by Susan or her staff that if I needed anything during dinner I could ask any of them for anything. They repeatedly went above and beyond for us, we really felt taken care of. Many of our guests have asked for information about Mychef for themselves or someone that they know, we received a lot of compliments on everything food related. We knew we would. Thank you so much to Sue and her incredible staff, you were a huge part of our unreal wedding day and it would not have been the same without you all!

Sent on 08/26/2019