My Chef Catering Reviews

My Chef Catering 6
My Chef Catering 7

Sarah · Married on 11/03/2018

Highly Recommend!

Sue and her team catered our Fall 2018 wedding at Emerson Creek Pottery and Tearoom and did an absolutely wonderful job! From the first time we spoke with Sue, we knew that we would have a good experience, and each step of the way, she exceeded our expectations. Sue is passionate about her work and made the process fun and stress free. At our tasting, we were provided with many options to choose from. Sue helped guide us through the process of picking a well rounded menu for our guests. The food was all so delicious that we had trouble choosing. We were able to pick our linens at one of the Emerson Creek Bridal Shows. We went into our meeting unsure of what we were looking for and left feeling good about having a solid plan that complimented our decor. From taking the time to make appointments that were convenient for us to managing food allergies and dietary restrictions for our guests, Sue and her team were very accomodating. On the day of our wedding, everything fell into place exactly as it had been planned. The guests enjoyed all of the passed Hors D'oeuvres, the linens looked lovely, and several guests commented on the quality of the food. The staff members at the wedding did everything that they could to make our guests feel comfortable and enjoy their time! The bartenders were quick and responsive to our guests as well. Sue was present at our wedding and made a point of checking in with us and offering us well wishes! MyChef and Sue far exceeded our expectations and we are so happy that they were part of our special day. We highly recommend working with Sue and her team!

• Nicole

Nicole and Carmen D'onofrio · Married on 10/21/2018

The Best Wedding Food I Have Ever Had!

Susan and her team went over and beyond and exceeded our expectations. All the guests commented on how amazing the food was and that "it was the best wedding food they have ever had" - guests were asking for more! Food and service really makes a wedding memorable and MyChef accomplished it all. Guests also commented on the fashion the plates were presented to each guest...made everyone feel special. Carmen and I could not be happier - Susan and her staff felt like family in how they communicated with us during the tasting, throughout the prep time which was only 5 weeks and during the wedding! Thank you again for pulling off an incredible reception and cocktail hour on such short notice! 10 STARS from us and our guests! Thank you for making our day so special! N & C

My Chef Catering 8
  • Meghan

Meghan Kramer · Married on 10/19/2018

My Chef Catering

My chef is very organized and easy to work with! They do all the work so you do not have to worry about anything. We got married at Emerson Creek and they worked extremely well together! We did not have to worry about a thing. The food is some of the best wedding food we have ever had!

• Kaitlin

Kaitlin Keating · Married on 10/17/2018

Amazing Service

I got married on October 17th 2018. The day was so beautiful and the food was amazing! My guests kept complementing us the whole time saying how great the food was!
    My chef is very organized with the planning, taste testing and linen selection all leading up to the day!
    The servers were very nice and exceeded our expectations!!
    Thank you for everything!

Shannon · Married on 10/13/2018

Loved My Chef

We had our wedding on 09/15/18 at Emerson Creek and My Chef was a dream to work with! Sue and her team made us feel like we were family every time we interacted. When we had our tasting, everything was professional, delicious, and we left with no doubt in our mind that our wedding was going to have amazing food and service. For anyone that has an allergy, they make sure to provide a substitute. My mom has a lettuce allergy and they substituted her salad for a fruit bowl. We were hesitant at first to pick buffet style, but they made it so much more elegant than we had expected. Moreover, picking linens was a breeze. Sue was patient and so helpful during the process. The My Chef team was very attentive to any email or questions we had and ensured that the evening was perfect. During dinner, knowing that we were very busy greeting guests, Sue set aside a whole plate of hors d'oeuvres that we missed during photos and made sure we had plenty to eat. Not only were we happy, but our guests raved about the food! All in all - My Chef did it flawlessly and we would not have changed a thing. So grateful for being apart of our big day!

• Cortney

Cortney sorce · Married on 10/13/2018

Wedding aoctober 13,2018

Everything was simply perfect on our wedding day!! To start, my mom and I have our own rental company so we wanted to provide all of the dishes and glassware for our wedding and my chef really put all of our worries at ease with this. They re wrapped everything at the end of the night and all of our vintage China was in perfect shape at the end of the night. The food was delicious- the guests were raving about it!! Susan was such a pleasure to work with and I am so unbelievably sad that it’s all over. My Chef really made our event go seamlessly and I cannot say enough great things!! Thank you all so much.

My Chef Catering 9
    My Chef Catering 10
  • Janie

Janie Javier · Married on 10/06/2018

My Chef Catering was responsive, reliable, and easy to work with!

My husband and I had an amazing experience with My Chef Catering. The team truly made sure to listen to what we wanted to make our day special. The reception was smooth and the staff was so friendly to all of our guests. Since we live in New York and our wedding was back home in Chicago, I was worried it would be hard to align with all our asks in a timely manner. Fortunately, communicating with My Chef Catering was incredibly seamless and easy to move forward with our decisions! Thank you for such a great experience!

Shannon · Married on 09/22/2018

We had our wedding at Emerson Creek on 9/22/18 and My Chef Catering exceeded any of our expectations! Sue and her team were so pleasant and easy to work with from start to finish. As far as wedding meals, you usually don't expect much, but the food from My Chef was beyond any type of wedding food (or restaurant for that matter) that I or my husband had ever had. I can't tell you how many compliments we received at the end of dinner service from our guests - "the beef was so tender we didn't even need knives!" The service was seamless and so professional. Overall our experience was beyond words and I would absolutely recommend using My Chef for any and all future catering events!

Nataly · Married on 09/14/2018

Michael and I had our wedding reception on 9/14/18 at Emerson Creek and it was beyond amazing. From the moment we met Sue she was incredible. Sue was very easy to communicate with and detailed oriented. Planning was such a fun part of our wedding experience but seeing it come to life was unrealistic. I was completely blown away at our own wedding. It looked better than I could have ever imagined. Sue was a delight especially during dinner time. As a bride and groom your own wedding could be hectic taking pictures here and there. Sue made sure to always have a hot dinner for me and Michael. We had to step away for pictures during our dinner service and when we came back Sue had fresh plates for us. My Chef is a great company and I recommend to use them you will not be disappointed.

My Chef Catering 11

Nicolette · Married on 09/07/2018

My Chef was very responsive and easy to work with. We had our wedding reception at Emerson Creek in Oswego IL on 9/7/18. Sue truly cares about your experience and takes her time to make sure that your day is exactly the way you want it. From the moment we met Sue at the tasting, we felt like we were in good hands. Throughout the whole wedding planning experience, she made several follow up calls/emails to clarify every detail, which is a huge help with so many other things on our mind. She edits the wedding day schedule document along the way and doesn't miss anything. She also made sure the entire wedding party and my now husband were fed while running around the venue taking pictures. The staff/servers were all prompt and organized. We received several compliments on our food. They have a variety of super delicious options, which you will find out at the tasting! You could honestly taste the quality of ingredients. I was so happy with our choices. It tasted even better on our wedding day. If you are getting married at Emerson Creek, I highly recommend going with MyChef. Sue is such a sweetheart and pleasure to work with. You can tell she has years of experience with how professional and customer service oriented she is.

Alyssa · Married on 08/18/2018

Hands down the best food/service I’ve ever had at a wedding and not just because it was my own! Guests are still raving about the food. It has not only been wonderful working with Sue but she made it so easy and unstressful! Wish I could do it all again! I’m so happy they are partnered with my venue, Emerson Creek- I could not have picked anyone better.

Emily · Married on 08/03/2018

I highly recommend My Chef catering! Dana was so awesome to work with. Everything was beautifully set up and the food was delicious! As a highly organized person, My Chef put me to shame! They were on top of everything and I didn't feel stressed out at all!

My Chef Catering 12
    My Chef Catering 13
    My Chef Catering 14

Christine · Married on 08/03/2018

We worked with Susan for our wedding.From the start she was very accommodating.Susan made us feel like family.The tasting went very smooth we had a fun time with her. The food was excellent ! The place settings,the linens were perfect at our reception.We couldn’t have asked for anything more. I would highly recommend My Chef for your catering needs. Absolutely perfect!

My Chef Catering 15
    My Chef Catering 16
    My Chef Catering 17

John · Married on 07/28/2018

I'm going to make this as sappy as I can because it is all coming straight from the heart...there are few people in the world as professional, kind, caring, funny and just overall WONDERFUL as Sue at MyChef catering. She was a joy to work with from day one! My wife and I met her and we were just in love with both her personality and the services she offered us. I'll never forget the night we went to the MyChef office for a tasting of appetizers and entrees. I kept saying over and over again "this is the most fun I've ever had in my life". Sure, that was also the excitement of the wedding doing some of the talking...but how exciting can a wedding really be without incredible vendors making everything enjoyable and easy throughout the process? Sue provided us with kindness and loving care, in addition to the BEST food I've ever had at a wedding. If it was going to be this good, I'm glad it was at my own wedding of all weddings! I don't even want to go into too much detail because you need to hit up MyChef, speak to Sue, and experience her catering for yourself. You will be in good hands, I promise.

• Maddie

Maddie · Married on 07/27/2018

We used My Chef for our wedding at Emerson Creek. The pricing for My Chef was including with the pricing for Emerson Creek's wedding services which was a huge relief as it simplified the process. We worked with Susan in particular. She was so amazing to work with! She was so patient with us as we worked through many tough decisions. The biggest hurdle we had was that we had a lot of family members with individual dietary needs. We had 2 with very bland food needs (one for gal bladder, one with an intestinal issue), and others with different food allergies, most of which would be an emergency if exposure were to happen. Susan was very patient and accommodating with us to make sure these people got the special meals they needed with out it hindering everyone else's experience.

Kathy · Married on 07/21/2018

Outstanding food and service for both our bridal shower and wedding! My husband's family has used My Chef for previous family celebrations and it was a no brainer to use their services again after hearing his family rave over My Chef! The appetizers, dinner and dessert were so tastey! Our guests were talking for days about how great the food was! And the service was top notch too! At both the bridal shower and wedding they were prompt and we didn't have to worry about a thing with Janet and staff ensuring the service went smoothly. And Sue was beyond helpful from the initial contact until after the wedding making sure all of our requests were met! We will use their services again!

Claire · Married on 07/13/2018

MyChef was wonderful to work with. The pricing, flexibility with our requests the day-of (they brought my husband and me our dinner during cocktail hour - I highly recommend this), help in the timeline of our wedding, and food suggestions were all great. We couldn't have asked for a better caterer. Dana was the best leader and took charge to make sure everything was right. Highly recommend!

Jessica · Married on 07/07/2018

Everyone will rave about the food! We received so many compliments and they were so accommodating and easy to work with. We did the lemon chicken and the steak with mashed potatoes and buttered green beans and I am still getting compliments. "I could cut through that steak with my fork it was so tender".

Dana was our contact and she was just a joy to work with. So professional, prompt, and willing to work for you and your vision. If we need to host another lavish event, we will most definitely be using them again.

john · Married on 07/05/2018

We heard about My Chef Catering from a co-worker that used to coordinate weddings and other events in the Chicago land area. My wife and I requested a quote for our wedding and they responded immediately. Even after not getting back to them for a week, they sent a courtesy email asking if we had any question or concerns, and that they would be willing to work with us on our budget and food options. Our coordinator was Dana Ross. She was extremely helpful, and very kind. We had a tight budget to work with, and she helped us out with cost effective options. They offer a wide range of food options, and their extensive menu helped us pick our dream dinner for our special day. They even served my wife a side dish of something she really wanted, but was not on our menu for our guests. Very sweet Dana. We had a last minute change the week of our wedding with out guest count, and had to change a couple tables around. At this point, our wedding planning was done, and everything ready to go. I called Dana with the emergency change and she fixed it immediately without antipathy. Their customer service staff was very friendly. We went into their office to meet Dana for the first time, and the staff from the chef to the receptionist was friendly. My Chef is my first recommendation to anyone with an event.

Chris · Married on 06/30/2018

Wedding planning is a fun, but stressful process. Every detail is critical, especially the Food!!! My wife and I are very much to be classified as foodies, so as you can imagine food was very high on our list of priorities. For our wedding we both really wanted a plated dinner. Sounds easy right? Tasting after tasting went by with several vendors and we left each one feeling disappointed as the food did not meet our expectations, especially for the cost. Our final visit was to My Chef and that's when everything came together! At the tasting we had some of the best food we have ever had. From the countless number of hors d'oeuvres to the main dishes, everything was fantastic!

Sue Jacobs was our event planner and was an absolute pleasure to work with. She attended to each one of our requests and went above and beyond to make sure our wedding was perfect! I cannot say enough good things about her, but if you choose My Chef I hope you have the opportunity to work with her.

Our wedding day catering, from the service, table settings and food exceeded our expectations. Several of our guests raved about the food and said it was some of the best food they have ever had! My Chef did an excellent job and we could not have been happier with our decision to use them! I hope this review helps you when choosing your next caterer as you cannot go wrong with choosing this top notch organization!

Kathryn · Married on 06/29/2018

We absolutely loved working with My Chef for our wedding! (6/29/18)

Sue was amazing, making sure that every detail was not missed. We had quite a few revisions to our menu and lots of questions along the way, but she made the process very seamless and a pleasant experience.

When it comes to dietary preference, we choose to be vegan. My Chef was able to cater to our needs without compromising quality and taste. There are plenty of options that they can provide that can accommodate any dietary need!

We had so many guests comment on how delicious the food was at our wedding that I am confidant in leaving this 5 star review. One of our guests, whom was vegetarian, said that she hasn't eaten so well at a wedding before!

Thank you My Chef for a fantastic experience!

My Chef Catering 18

Emma · Married on 06/23/2018

They helped make our wedding so special! It's was absolutely perfect!

Melissa · Married on 06/02/2018

My Chef Catering was a referral from our wedding venue, The Haight. We specifically worked with Dana Ross. Dana was there from moment one of making our catering decisions. She's knowledgeable, organized and super efficient. From our detailed menu - to our tasting - to the wedding day itself, Dana was always present and there to help. What she promised is what we got. And for that, we're grateful. My Chef Catering takes great pride in the food they're serving. In fact, Chef came out to talk us through each course (ingredients, preparation, etc.) during our tasting. We found that to be quite exceptional that he'd take the time to do that. Dana and her team came in on the day of presented our guests with an amazing food experience. From the hors d'oeuvres to the food stations to the late night snack, everything was excellent. I could not believe Dana was there to oversee my wedding day too. Knowing she was there onsite made all the difference in the world. I knew everything would be perfect. I highly recommend My Chef Catering. I am so thrilled we made the decision to partner together for my special. You will not be disappointed!

Sean · Married on 05/19/2018

We could not have had a better experience for our wedding, thanks to My Chef! Dana was truly amazing in helping us prepare for and execute our menu for the reception. The food was outstanding and we had guests raving about our caterer! If I were you, I would look no further than My Chef for your catering needs. Not only was the food great but everyone on their staff from start to finish was so supportive and kind.