My Chef Catering Reviews

My Chef Catering 6
My Chef Catering 7

D Maley · Getting married on 11/05/2019

Mick/Courtney's Wedding May 11, 2019

Sue Jacobs and the My Chef team were extremely professional and provided quality customer service. They went above and beyond and several guests that had requested specials meals mentioned they were addressed by their first name from the My Chef staff.

Sue’s personality was the best to work with and never once blinked at the multiple changes made throughout the process. She consistently kept connecting the final product throughout each discussion. The attention to detail that Sue represented was outstanding…from the selection of the apps, dual entrée, to the late-night snack. Most importantly, Sue provided such personal attention to details and choices made such as the plates and silverware, the folded napkins, linens covering the tables/highboys to the desert table.

We are delighted to thank you for managing the dinner & reception so successfully. From the start to the finish it ran smooth and we found you, your staff courteous, welcoming and responsive. All of our guest without exception were full of compliments about the total food service My Chef catering provided us. Thank you for all your support and commitment to our day.

Sent on 06/04/2019
    My Chef Catering 8
    My Chef Catering 9
    My Chef Catering 10
    My Chef Catering 11
    My Chef Catering 12

Amy Workman · Married on 10/04/2019

Perfect 10!

We got married in Oswego, IL on 10/4/2019. Mychef was an absolute DREAM to work with. First of all, the food was AMAZING. They offered an incredibly wide range of food options as well as plated meals or buffet style. The service was incredible both leading up to the wedding and the day off. Sue was great to work with and she treated us like family. She cared about every detail from the food to the linens on the table. The staff the day of was also wonderful. We chose buffet style and they kept the line moving quickly and everyone had more than enough food. They worked with us to provide a couple custom changes as well. We would highly recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 10/14/2019

Kristy · Married on 09/21/2019

Johnson Wedding 9.21.19

My Chef Catering did an AMAZING job and helped make our wedding absolutely perfect.

After talking with all of our guests after the wedding, they all said the same thing, "The food was so delicious!" From the appetizers, to the side dishes, and main entrees... My Chef nailed each one! The staff were personal, professional, and very responsive.

One of our favorite things about My Chef was working with Sue Jacobs. From the very beginning, Sue was professional, warm and kind, and you could always tell she truly cared about us and our special day. Because of Sue, we had great confidence in My Chef and knew we didn't have to worry about a special thing.

We are SO happy My Chef was a part of our special day. We cannot wait to work with them again for another big event!

Sent on 10/05/2019
  • Julia

Julia Wiatr · Married on 09/20/2019

SO tasty and great to work with!

Food was AMAZING (guests all raved about it) and the staff was honestly so sweet and so awesome. Before dinner was served, my husband and I were pulled upstairs to take a good look at everything before the guests were seated, and I honestly was speechless. Yes, we picked the linens and our simple 3-pillar candle décor at the linens show so it’s not like we were surprised by what was set up, but it just looked SO beautiful. They truly do an amazing job.

We did have some communications issues due to our contact going on maternity leave and then not returning (this was some 3 weeks before our wedding), so there were minor delays in communicating with regards to our final payment and just final adjustments (that should have been made before our contact went on maternity leave honestly), but the person that took over handled everything in the most professional way. Despite those unexpected issues, everything was still handled to our absolute satisfaction (beyond that, actually).

MyChef is truly great at what they do, the food is amazing (the apps were honestly to die for), and the staff was so wonderful. 0 regrets here!

Sent on 09/30/2019

Brittany Root · Married on 09/14/2019

Amazing, amazing, amazing!

We were so satisfied with everything My Chef had done for us for our wedding. We worked with Sue during the whole wedding process and she was amazing in every way! So detail oriented and she had the warmest personality, which was such a pleasure to have amongst all the wedding planning/ stresses. Sue even made sure to have my husband and I’s meats cooked differently per our liking, a different salad for me (since I preferred one over the one we decided on for our guests), and a huge plate of appetizers ready for us at the dinner table because we were busy taking pictures during cocktail hour and wouldn’t have gotten to enjoy the appetizers otherwise. It’s the little details that made our experience just that much better! Not to mention, the food was delicious and appeared and tasted home-made. My husband and I love food, cooking, and home-cooked meals and the meal options exceeded our expectations for a wedding meal! My Chef also had so many options for table cloths and napkins, etc. They really made sure our wedding vision came together perfectly. We could not be more pleased and would recommend them to anyone getting married!

Sent on 09/29/2019
    My Chef Catering 13

Kayla Wills · Married on 09/01/2019

Outstanding, above and beyond, feels like family

Consider yourself extremely lucky if you have the rare opportunity to work with the MyChef team. Sue and the MyChef team treat you as if you are one of their daughters/sons that are getting married...there is no detail that goes unnoticed. Sometimes when the service is THIS good, the friendliness of the staff is scarified, but NOT with this team. They are equally as friendly as they are professionals. It's a no-brainer, book with them today and enjoy and focus on your day without a worry in the world about your food.

Sent on 09/04/2019
  • Erin

Erin Magee · Married on 08/25/2019

Amazing!!!

So happy we chose MyChef for our wedding! They were absolutely amazing during the whole process and on the day of. I asked a lot of questions and made many changes to our menu during the planning process and every time MyChef was so sweet and made sure everything was perfect on the day of. All of the food was so delicious it was hard to choose a menu and the sweets were amazing. Jessica and Stephanie did a great job and were so helpful and so nice even when I changed my mind multiple times in a day.

Sent on 08/31/2019

Dana · Married on 08/10/2019

Wonderful service & friendly staff, and DELICIOUS FOOD!

MyChef catering and their entire staff was an absolute dream to work with! Sue was a delight and paid attention to every detail for us! The food was served hot and delicious and made sure to have special meals provided for our handful of allergies, vegan, and children plates. Our guests raved about the food and the "show" of the staff for the head table. Would highly recommend for individuals planning their special day. :)

Sent on 09/08/2019
  • Annie

Annie Manikas · Married on 07/12/2019

Best decision for my wedding

My Chef catered my wedding at Danada House this July, and everything was perfect! Dominic and Jessica were fantastic. We have received so many compliments on the food, everything was hot, plated beautifully, and delicious! They made sure everything was set up exactly how I had envisioned and were there to ensure that the event ran smoothly. They went above and beyond and I am so happy! I will be recommending them to all of my friends and family, and will definitely use them for future events.

Sent on 08/03/2019
    My Chef Catering 14
    My Chef Catering 15

Demi Farbo · Married on 07/06/2019

Wedding catering

Food was amazing! Sue Jacobs was so professional and helpful. All my guests raved about the food and the servers! They were great! Buffet set up was so elegant. Food looked pretty and tasted amazing couldn’t of picked a better company to cater our wedding!

Sent on 07/11/2019

Hollyann Saucedo · Married on 06/29/2019

Amazing Catering Company

My husband I just got married this past June and we were both so happy with the service we received from My Chef. We live in Wisconsin and were having the wedding in Illinois which had made planning difficult. Sue went above and beyond to make sure every detail was accounted for. She answered my many emails and phone calls with such a high response rate which helped ease my mind especially since I was out of town! She made sure we could schedule a tasting and accommodating to our busy schedules.
    The tasting was so fun! Sue makes it personal for the couple, and romantic. It was fun trying and picking all the food. She gave such good recommendations and was patient when we could not decide.
    The amount of precaution Sue and the My Chef catering team took to some of the allergies me and my guests had was outstanding. We had some very severe allergies and Sue made sure none of those allergens were even in the kitchen. It gave us and our guests piece of mind!
    Sue and her catering team was amazing on the day of our wedding. My husband and I felt so special. Sue was even there to make sure everything went smoothly! Sue made sure we had a whole plate of hors d'oeuvres which really came in handy when waiting for dinner!
    The food and choice of food is outstanding - people are still talking about how good the food was!
    Do not hesitate to book with my chef- I am someone that relies on reviews so I really mean when I say that you will not be disappointed with Sue and My Chef! We highly recommend them!

Sent on 09/25/2019
    My Chef Catering 16
    My Chef Catering 17

Karen Riordan · Married on 06/28/2019

Excellent Service & Delicious Food from My Chef

My Chef was the caterer for my daughter's wedding at Emerson Creek this past June. Sue Jacobs was wonderful to work with and her attention to detail made our day perfect! From beginning to end nothing was left to chance. From the tasting to choosing the table linens we enjoyed working with Sue and her professionalism. So many of our guests complimented us on how good the food was from appetizer to the sweet table. I would hire Sue and My Chef again and recommend them for any event especially an important day such as my daughter's wedding. Thank you Sue.

Sent on 08/01/2019
  • JoAnna

Joanna Lipkowska · Married on 06/15/2019

JoAnna and Tom Wedding 6/15/19

MyChef was absolutely amazing to work with Sue was the sweetest and made sure everything was perfect. The food was delicious and everything came out right on time. All of our guest ranted and raved about the hors d'oeuvres. The presentation was absolutely stunning and we couldn't have been happier. Thank you, MyChef and Sue for making our Wrdding day perfect. Joanna and Tom

Sent on 07/26/2019
  • George

Natalie · Married on 06/14/2019

Wonderful people to work with

We had begun working with Stephanie, but she went into labor literally the week before our wedding! I’m going to base most of the review on our interactions with her.

MyChef is one of the Wilder Mansion’s preferred caterers. When we went to contact each caterer, MyChef was the quickest to respond and the most willing to meet with us.

Our meetings with MyChef were very straightforward, no nonsense. Stephanie honored the fact that we were paying for our wedding by ourselves, and mentioned early on when items would cost extra. The tasting we had was excellent, and we ended up ordering the salmon and Mediterranean chicken dishes, along with five appetizers. The chef we worked with (I’m so sorry I forgot his name!!) was super polite, and happy to make us happy.

The week of the wedding, Stephanie went into labor, and we began working with Jessica. She was very kind to ensure me that my vision would be honored.

Our wedding was a success! Everyone has complimented our food, saying it was excellent.

The only hiccup during the wedding were two items: the first was that my husband and I requested hors d’oeuvres be sent to the bridal suite. Instead, they were placed at the head table. We also requested cakes be sent up to the bridal suite, but they were not. The second hiccup was the timing of the event. We had paid for their service from 4-12am. At 11pm, MyChef turned the lights on, and told us we had to leave. We knew the cleanup would start at 11, but when we corresponded with Stephanie, she was glad to allow us to play music until the shuttle from the hotel arrived. Apparently, this varied person to person.

Overall, I highly recommend MyChef. Their food is excellent, great value, and everyone left happy.

Sent on 06/19/2019

Lexus · Married on 06/04/2019

Wedding at Emerson Creek 8-2-19

From the first time that Sue contacted us to plan our tasting and congratulate us on our wedding at Emerson Creek Pottery and Tea Room, we have had nothing but positive after positive interactions with her and with everyone at Mychef. During the entire process from start to finish we just felt so at ease, not rushed, not pushed or rushed at all. Setting up a tasting with a ton of options to try was super easy and they were very easy to work with when we wanted to try something or wanted something a certain way. Choosing fabrics and napkins was much easier when you can bounce if off of someone like Sue who has done this so many times. The food was unreal, from the tasting to the wedding it was the same food, same quality, same exact thing that we tried and chose in the beginning. We chose special groom and bride meals and they went out of their way to give us what we wanted. The children's meals were as good as the meal that everyone else had. At the end of the night they boxed up all of our desserts for us so that we could take them home. During cocktail hour when we were busy taking pictures and everyone else got to enjoy hor d'ouvres, the staff set aside a huge tray of them for us so when we sat down we could enjoy some of the stuff we chose. That was awesome. More than once I was assured by Susan or her staff that if I needed anything during dinner I could ask any of them for anything. They repeatedly went above and beyond for us, we really felt taken care of. Many of our guests have asked for information about Mychef for themselves or someone that they know, we received a lot of compliments on everything food related. We knew we would. Thank you so much to Sue and her incredible staff, you were a huge part of our unreal wedding day and it would not have been the same without you all!

Sent on 08/26/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Raven · Married on 05/18/2019

Great food, awesome service!

We are so appreciative of Sue and everyone from My Chef. We enjoyed our tasting & had difficulty choosing from the many great options. Leading up to the day Sue made sure all the details were written out and made me feel very confident that things would go smoothly. We missed cocktail hour due to pictures, but had a plate of them waiting for us when we got to dinner which was amazing! We got so many compliments about the food, the kindness of the servers, and how organized service was. Thank you so much for being a part in making our wedding amazing!

Sent on 05/20/2019
    My Chef Catering 18
  • Leslie

Leslie · Married on 05/10/2019

MyChef is Wonderful!

My husband and I worked with Sue and My Chef Catering for our May wedding at Emerson Creek Pottery and Tearoom in Oswego, IL. We were thrilled to find out that My Chef was the caterer at the venue. Sue had catered my sister's backyard wedding reception seven years ago and from the first time we emailed and met for a tasting it felt like a warm family reunion. Sue and her staff made choosing the hors d'oeuvres and entrees a fun experience - everything was delicious! The timing of our wedding wasn't convenient for us to pick our linens at one of Emerson Creek's Bridal Shows, but Sue made time especially for us to visit the office to help us with through the process. She was timely and responsive with all of the dietary restrictions, allergy accommodations and any last minute changes that were needed. Our guests were glowing about how incredible their meals were. Thank you so much to everyone at My Chef who made our wedding reception such an amazing evening. I cannot emphasize enough how pleased others will be with their service.

Sent on 05/30/2019
  • Jables

Jenny · Married on 05/04/2019

Excellent food

MyChef was so great from the complimentary tasting to the end of the wedding! Stephanie did such an amazing job helping us select the perfect choices for our passed hors d’oeurves to our meal selections. She was so helpful the on-site the day of as well.

We had done a tasting at another well rated caterer in the area and MyChef was much tastier and friendlier to work with. We’ve received so many compliments.

Sent on 07/20/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica Niswander · Married on 04/05/2019

The Best Wedding Catering

MyChef catered our Spring 2019 wedding at Emerson Creek Pottery & Tearoom. Sue was an absolute dream to work with. From the very beginning she made me feel at ease and confident that she would make everything perfect for us. We had so much fun at our tasting, and were able to choose from amazing options, honestly narrowing down the appetizers was difficult because they are all so delicious. Sue was helpful during every decision we had to make, she helped with linens and table layouts, and was continuously on top of updating our information to make sure no detail was forgotten. I was extremely impressed by their ability to cater to our guests' dietary needs, we had multiple vegan, vegetarian, gluten free guests. But MyChef was able to make delicious meals for them as well. Having amazing food at our wedding was extremely important to us, and thanks to MyChef we were able to do so! We had so many compliments on all of the food at our wedding, and still weeks later hear about how great the food was. MyChef and Sue exceeded all our expectations, a huge thank you to them for making our wedding perfect!

Sent on 05/14/2019
  • Amy

Amy Aliaga · Married on 03/06/2019

Wedding catering

My Chef catered our Summer 2018 wedding at Emerson Creek Pottery and Tearoom. The service and food was perfect. Guests still talk about the service, attention to detail and food to this day. We worked with Sue Jacobs as our primary contact and she was amazing!!! She was so helpful, kind, professional and thoughtful. She responded to all questions in a timely manner and accommodated all of our requests. I would 100% recommend My Chef for weddings and other events. Great job and thank you for making our wedding day amazing!!!

Sent on 05/15/2019
  • Carly

Carly · Married on 11/10/2018

Details Details Details!

We worked with Stephanie and she answered all of our many questions. They were very flexible with and had a special meal made for two of our vegan guest. My Chef even made me the bride her own white chocolate covered strawberries since she does not like chocolate. They have a great eye for detail!

Sent on 01/01/2019

Sarah · Married on 11/03/2018

Highly Recommend!

Sue and her team catered our Fall 2018 wedding at Emerson Creek Pottery and Tearoom and did an absolutely wonderful job! From the first time we spoke with Sue, we knew that we would have a good experience, and each step of the way, she exceeded our expectations. Sue is passionate about her work and made the process fun and stress free. At our tasting, we were provided with many options to choose from. Sue helped guide us through the process of picking a well rounded menu for our guests. The food was all so delicious that we had trouble choosing. We were able to pick our linens at one of the Emerson Creek Bridal Shows. We went into our meeting unsure of what we were looking for and left feeling good about having a solid plan that complimented our decor. From taking the time to make appointments that were convenient for us to managing food allergies and dietary restrictions for our guests, Sue and her team were very accomodating. On the day of our wedding, everything fell into place exactly as it had been planned. The guests enjoyed all of the passed Hors D'oeuvres, the linens looked lovely, and several guests commented on the quality of the food. The staff members at the wedding did everything that they could to make our guests feel comfortable and enjoy their time! The bartenders were quick and responsive to our guests as well. Sue was present at our wedding and made a point of checking in with us and offering us well wishes! MyChef and Sue far exceeded our expectations and we are so happy that they were part of our special day. We highly recommend working with Sue and her team!

Sent on 12/12/2018

Jennifer · Married on 10/27/2018

Wonderful food and staff!

A huge thank you to My Chef, especially Stephanie!! This caterer went above and beyond for us the entire process. They not only helped us create a great menu, but also helped provide linens and decor. With each new idea I had, Stephanie was right there to help bring my ideas to life. Our guests are still talking about everything from the champagne, to the dinner, and even our late night snacks. The staff at the venue were so professional and really made our night perfect. Don't hesitate to use this caterer!

Sent on 03/19/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole and Carmen D'onofrio · Married on 10/21/2018

The Best Wedding Food I Have Ever Had!

Susan and her team went over and beyond and exceeded our expectations. All the guests commented on how amazing the food was and that "it was the best wedding food they have ever had" - guests were asking for more! Food and service really makes a wedding memorable and MyChef accomplished it all. Guests also commented on the fashion the plates were presented to each guest...made everyone feel special. Carmen and I could not be happier - Susan and her staff felt like family in how they communicated with us during the tasting, throughout the prep time which was only 5 weeks and during the wedding! Thank you again for pulling off an incredible reception and cocktail hour on such short notice! 10 STARS from us and our guests! Thank you for making our day so special! N & C

Sent on 10/23/2018
    My Chef Catering 19

Ken Merchut · Married on 10/20/2018

Wedding Event Of A Lifetime!!

I just wanted to start by giving the staff at Catering Made Simple a huge thumbs up!! From start to finish Greg and his crew took care of everything. As we all know, planning the reception meal is daunting!! We could not have made a better choice.I couldn't ask for a better company to use for our wedding reception. The staff were very attentive and eager to help in any way that they could. They made everything so simple for my wife and I. We were looking for a less expansive alternative to having a large banquet hall setting with huge per plate pricing. We decided to go with the team at Catering Made Simple after we did a tasting at their facility. The food was awesome!! From the tiny appetizers, to the main course ; everything was well made and full of flavor.. Not only did we save money, but the service was better than anything we could have expected. The filet & chicken were fantastic. There was no question too small for Greg to handle. The team was very professional and I wouldn't hesitate to use them again in the future for another event!! Thank you again Greg and Catering Made Simple for making our day absolutely PERFECT!!!!)

Sent on 02/20/2019