MWE - A Professional Disc Jockey Company! Reviews

59 | Martinez, CA

59 Reviews for MWE - A Professional Disc Jockey Company!

Marion · Married on 08/05/2018

As a French bride living overseas, planning our wedding was not easy ! But as soon as we talked to Mark on skype, I felt like a 100 pound weight left my shoulders. He was on top of everything, and because we were at Wildwood acres, Mark even helped coordinate the entire day. I did not have to hire a wedding coordinator because he definitely is one. The Wedding day itself went by so quick but also smoothly thanks to Mark. The music was perfect, and Mark did a great job mixing our requests with songs that fit the mood and got people dancing. The sound for the ceremony was great, Mark put together a series of sound needs for a singer, our officiant, music, etc. that was great. Everybody liked him and I only had awesome feedback from my guests toward him. We definitely recommend Mark!!!

Deanna · Married on 01/05/2018

Mark was absolutely amazing and made the wedding day so much easier with his communication and organization. He traveled from San Fran all the way to Oregon City, OR for our event! He was funny, engaging, professional, and easy to work with. He helped us create a timeline and shared it with other vendors, and helped me fill gaps in music and order of events that I hadn’t thought of. He is so flexible, he catered to my crazy family’s tastes and my husbands! Our wedding would not have been as wonderful without him. I would recommend his company to anyone that wants to reduce their stress level during the planning process and on the big day, anyone who likes to laugh, and anyone who wants to have a great time!

angie · Married on 10/21/2017

We had Mark Welch as the DJ/MC at our wedding and he went above and beyond our expectations! He basically ran the entire wedding along with my wedding coordinators and made sure it went smoothly. The planning process was very helpful with the company's online form to fill out all of the wedding information and songs desired. Mark even put together a timeline for us which helped a ton! Music was great and we had so much fun with Mark as our DJ!

Andrea · Married on 06/03/2017

I cannot say enough positive things about MWE entertainment! I am the event planner for one of the top wedding and special events venues in Solano County and I work with a TON of DJ's so I know a good one when I see one! Brad was the DJ and was a true and utter pro from the set up to the break down and everywhere in between! He communicated with me and my staff about every detail of the event, kept the flow and read the crowd seamlessly! I HIGHLY recommend MWE without a doubt...ask for BRAD!! He is the BEST!! Thank you, Brad, for making my job easier...I appreciate you so much! Cheers!

Kelsey · Married on 04/15/2017

Mark is so amazing! He helped us feel so at ease during the wedding planning process, and on the day of. He is so responsive, thorough, knowledgable and flexible. He helped make our day so special, and to go so smoothly. We are so happy that we chose Mark to help us on day.

Josh · Married on 11/13/2016

Mark was a pleasure to work with for our wedding. The online tools were comprehensive, and helped us template and tailor the overall flow of the event, turning a the vague notion of a ceremony and a meal into a real party to remember! He was flexible in meeting with us beforehand to go through all the details, and we were able to get all the planning done over Skype.

He worked with our wedding coordinator and photographer to make the event a smooth success. He also did a great job reading the mood of the crowd and tailoring the playlist appropriately. His rates were very reasonable, and we would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for an event host!

• Christine

Christine · Married on 09/25/2016

Mark went above and beyond to make sure everything went smoothly. He was flexible with the schedule and consulted us on what we wanted to do when we ran short on time. He is super friendly and even though my parents are not super comfortable speaking English, he made them feel at ease. They loved him!! When my now-husband said that he could use a drink, Mark ran off to get him one right away. He is super organized with his wedding planner and very responsive to texts when we had questions. We were a little indecisive and he always had great suggestions. He is amazingly patient - he was super nice to us even though we turned in the planner a little late and left a lot of it blank. I would recommend him to everyone getting married. He is so personable and you cannot go wrong! DJ, emcee and coordinator all in one!! If I have another event, he would definitely be on the top of my list!!!!

michelle · Married on 09/16/2016

We loved having Mark as our DJ and wedding director! Everything went smooth from planning to dancing the night away! He was engaging with the guests and a joy to work with. Thanks Mark!

Jennifer · Married on 09/10/2016

Mark was our DJ/emcee/coordinator-angel for our wedding in September, and we are so happy he was recommended to us from our venue!! I honestly can't say enough good things about this guy, he is absolutely amazing. From the start he was incredibly responsive and easy to work with, and we felt very reassured that we were in good hands. Mark does not just play music, he does EVERYTHING. He has a wonderful ability to be detail-oriented (like making sure some of our wedding ceremony songs started a few seconds in to bypass the long intros) while simultaneously taking in the big picture (like feeling the crowd at the wedding and knowing when to throw in jokes as he emceed events like the bouquet toss).

We got so many compliments on how smoothly the whole night went after our wedding, and so much of that is thanks to Mark. We didn't have to worry about anything the whole night, he made sure we were taken care of, gave us plenty of heads up before each event, and was flexible when we spent longer than scheduled going around talking to tables. Mark, THANK YOU SO MUCH for helping us create such a beautiful, memorable night!!

Mark was awesome! We had a lot of specific wishes in terms of music and Mark not only incorporated what we wanted but I think he improved on our ideas by putting it all together. He did a great job with timing and flow. But the real proof was on the dance floor when I looked around and saw how much fun everyone was having. I definitely recommend Mark for your event.

Chandra · Married on 05/27/2016

We could not be happier with how our ceremony and reception turned out. Mark is incredibly helpful with all of the details of ceremony and reception. He really knows how to feel out the crowd and play the best music possible, he incorporated some great requests from our guests and was very communicative and thoughtful during the reception about music and flow. We could not be happier with Mark as our wedding emcee and DJ. Thank you for contributing to the BEST WEDDING EVER!

Brittnay · Married on 05/15/2016

I'd recommend MWE to anyone and everyone ! It was a wonderful experience working with Mark. He was amazing the day of the wedding kept everything on track, fun and on time.

Adam · Married on 10/25/2015

MWE did a great job entertaining at my wedding. The DJ provided music and helped keep the event flowing. He was friendly and helpful with the guests and made everyone feel welcome and comfortable. I'd strongly recommend Mark and MWE to anyone planning a big event.

Gary · Married on 03/14/2015

Mark was the man for my daughter's wedding March 14 down at Avila Beach. This doesn't need to be long - Mark is the guy you want. Period.

He is professional, knowledgeable, and absolutely took control of the wedding in a great way. He knows his music and knows how to take control of a crowd and work them. I didn't have to think about what was going to happen, or when, just knew that Mark would lead the way. He was great working with the bride and groom planning the music and time line well in advance. And worked well with all the other vendors there. Can't imagine that anyone could have done a better job.

Well done Mark.

Kris · Married on 10/11/2014

Mark did an amazing job at our wedding and was both easy to work with and very professional. My husband and I were doing a "DIY wedding" and of course all of the details and planning of it came snowballing down as our special day approached near. Mark, was very understanding, very organized, and helped us keep on track with his follow up and reminder emails/phone calls. Even when we placed in requests of non-popular songs 5 days before our wedding, Mark was able to work his magic, find our requested songs, and play them during our wedding. Everyone enjoyed the music at our wedding and continued to talk about it in the days to follow. When we couldn't find pins for our money dance, Mark was there to save the day with a bundle of pins. When we were lost in conversation with our guests and didn't know what time it was, Mark was able to find us, patiently wait for us, and then politely ask us if we should go on ahead with our written agenda or prolong it a bit. He was very flexible and understanding, and very keen to making sure all of our needs were being met (even on our wedding day). I would gladly recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ or master of ceremony. Thanks again!

• O

Olivia · Married on 09/13/2014

By far the best decision we made for our wedding. If you are looking for a talented, flexible, and knowledgeable DJ, Mark Welch should be your choice. He did an incredible job accommodating all of our crazy requests throughout the planning process and was a critical part in the success of the event running smoothly.

Lupe · Married on 06/07/2014

I was very particular about my DJ because I wanted a DJ who could stay true to playing clean family music but also played music that everyone could dance to. I am extremely happy with Mark Welch's entertainment. He provided my family and I with a lot of input and suggestions to help the wedding reception run smoothly, very receptive to our needs and expectations, flexible, fun, and affordable! I had a lot of customized requests because of my cultural traditions and he stayed true to them. We were very blessed to have him part of our wedding and would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone!

• Breanna

Breanna · Married on 05/31/2014

Mark was the DJ for my wedding this weekend and it was one of the best decisions we made! Mark was the first vendor we booked, probably about 9-10 months before the wedding and was prompt in meeting with us and getting us information to start logging into his site so we could browse music, add them to our primary and secondary request list, and even had the ability to search by things like "Top 90s Songs", "Top 80s Songs", "Top Recessional Songs", etc... He was responsive when we had requests/questions, and flexible when we had some outside-the-box ideas.

Then came the day-of the wedding, Mark kept to the schedule, helped organize things like the bridal party's line-up, getting the crowd worked up for the first announcements, and wrangling everyone to their seats when they needed to be seated. Everything he did throughout the night kept everything moving along, running smoothly, and high spirited.

Can't recommend Mark enough and would give 6/5 if possible!

Nicole · Married on 07/06/2013

Where do I start!! Mark welch has to be the best Dj I have ever seen!! He knows exactly what to do in any situation! This review is a little late but better late then never!! :) Mark was the Dj for my wedding on 7/6/13! He kept the entire wedding day rolling as smooth as ever! He had all the best music and knew exactly what to play at the perfect time! He was very professional and on time which is a MAJOR plus!! The thing my husband and I LOVED best is he kept all of our guests entertained and engaged the entire time! I still have people calling me to get his information! He keeps everyone engaged and has some amazing ideas for little games such as the shoe game. We wanted to do a little surprise dance during dinner and he played the song at the perfect time! He made everyone more than comfortable, and I can't thank mark enough for the Amazing, Perfect job he did! He has a very easy to use planning system on his website so everything leading up to the wedding was a breeze! Mark was always available when we needed him and he always got back to us in a timely manner. I would HIGHLY recommend Mark Welch to anyone who needs a Dj for a party or a wedding he is the perfect one for the job!! Thank you so much mark you are the best!!

Judi · Married on 06/08/2013

Mark was wonderful.....very personable, fun, engaging, organized. Made the entire evening just perfect in every way......would highly recommend. Thank you so much Mark!

Amanda · Married on 05/26/2013

Great DJ - kept everyone dancing and the party going - also had some great ideas of ways to add fun and more unique aspects to the traditional events during the reception.

Dennis · Married on 02/22/2013

Congratulations on your Best DJ award from Wedding Wire, it certainly deserved. Having done both my daughters weddings and both saying theirs was a perfect wedding speaks to your professionalism and your detail oriented approach to what can be a very stressful time. Guests to both my daughters weddings have said it was the best wedding they had ever attended and I believe that was in large part due to you. Thank you Mark!

• Z

Zac · Married on 12/30/2012

Mark was fantastic at our wedding. We had some specific requests for Persian music to get sprinkled throughout the night. At one point he transitioned from a traditional song into a Flogging Molly song and the whole crowd loved it. My in-laws had been teaching our friends to dance, then our friends got a chance to teach them the ways of Irish bars.

His website is a GREAT resource, and let us browse through his collection of music, reminded us of various events that needed music (bouquet, cake cutting), and was a good primer for meeting with him in person. We requested an obscure cover version of a song that he didn't have, and he got it for us.

We also had requested that he skip all of the wedding cliches - No "YMCA," No "We Are Family" - because we wanted it to be our wedding, not just A wedding. Even with the limitations, he played music that everyone knew and loved all night. He was adaptable (moving the schedule ahead so grandma could see cake cutting before leaving), enthusiastic (getting people on the dance floor for group dance pictures), and inventive (he played the UCLA fight song when a guest told him that my wife and I met in college). It was a great night, and he was more than just the soundtrack for it - he helped orchestrate it.

• W

Wilma · Married on 09/02/2012

The only DJ that had already worked our venue before. Other DJs were either clueless on what was needed or said that it was too complicated for them. Mark was so organized and prepared for every preplanning meeting we had. I really appreciated that a lot! He got people dancing and played great music!

• Jessica

Jessica · Married on 08/30/2012

Mark was amazing. His website is fantastic, and he is so open to helping and planning throughout the whole process. His experience and knowledge of weddings was SO reassuring. After meeting with him I literally breathed a sigh of relief. He put my day and my plans into perspective, something I was not expecting from the DJ.
    DJs at weddings don't just play music(which was perfect) but their job is to guide the guests, announce the events and keep the flow of the day going. Mark went above and beyond my expectations. He was friendly and interacted with my guests, he was joyful and appeared to be having just as much fun as the rest of us.
    Worth every penny (plus some, we made sure to give him a great tip!!)