Must Be The Music DJ's Reviews

239 | Wilmington, DE

239 Reviews for Must Be The Music DJ's

J Finer · Getting married on 05/04/2022

Incredible Service and Person

We had to cancel our wedding reception due to COVID, but Mike was flexible, accommodating, and helpful leading up to the cancellation. He communicated frequently and gave us the utmost confidence that our wedding day was going to be perfect. We 100% plan to use him at our delayed wedding celebration! Mike rocks!

Sent on 01/26/2021
  • Joey

Joey M. · Getting married on 05/02/2022

A+ in every aspect

Hiring Mike was one of the best decisions we made throughout the entire wedding planning process. He went above and beyond to ensure that all the details of our event flowed smoothly. In the weeks leading up to our date he was immediately responsive to any questions we had, and brought a great level of creativity and enthusiasm to all of our planning sessions. He was extremely knowledgeable about the traditional flow of a wedding, but was open to any customization we wanted.

He helped one of our friends get set up to play live music during the ceremony, he communicated directly with the father of the bride on his speech/song; having that music choice be a surprise made it even more special. He even tracked down an artist from YouTube to get a clean recording of an acoustic song we wanted to use for the Bridal party's entrance.

One of our favorite moments of the entire day was a perfectly timed music hit towards the end of our ceremony. Mike had a song begin to build as we finished our vows, kissed, and started the recessional; it felt like we were living in a movie (and we could hear the excited murmur of the crowd as the music started to play).

Once the dance floor opened after dinner he continued to excel as our MC. He helped us organize large group photographs, kept us moving through speeches/dances/cake cutting etc, and built a killer playlist with minimal input from us regarding our musical taste.

Mike was the consummate professional from our first phone call through the last dance of the night. Book him as soon as you can.

TLDR; Mike is an amazing DJ and a joy to work with, we strongly recommend you hire him.

Sent on 06/23/2020
  • Giovanni

Giovanni S. · Getting married on 03/06/2022

DJ Review Mike Simmons

Mike was excellent in providing service for my wedding. Unfortunately my wedding got canceled but he was still able to reschedule me. Great job!

Sent on 08/20/2020
  • Kellie

Kellie R. · Getting married on 02/09/2022

Mike Simmons MUST BE THE MUSIC - The best in the business!

People kept telling us, "Guests only remember a few things from a wedding....great food and GREAT music!" so when my fiancé Matt and I were wedding planning, we knew had to have the best DJ in the business. Mike Simmons was the DJ at my sister's wedding last October and we knew we HAD to have him!

I fully believe that everything happens for a reason because while we were originally planning to have our wedding on September 4th 2020, we found out that Mike was already booked and while we TOTALLY trusted his recommendation, we were bummed to find out we wouldn't have him for our special day. Because of COVID-19, we decided to have a Micro Wedding instead of postponing all of our plans into 2021. During all of the re-planning we were so happy to hear that Mike was available for our Micro Wedding date of September 26th 2020!! Mike jumped right into the re-planning with us and despite all of the changes that were happening around us, he reassured us that our day would be nothing shy of perfect. He offered his professional guidance during the whole planning process and was so excited to hear our ideas and encouraged us to be creative and make our day all about us. Mike Simmons is one of a kind! He will do everything he can to make the day all about the couple and will put everything else aside. If you are looking for a great party, a DJ who personalizes his talent to you, and if you are looking to have a kind and genuine vendor join your wedding planning process, BOOK MIKE! it's the best decision we knew we were going to make!

Sent on 10/15/2020

Chris B. · Getting married on 11/10/2021

He turned our dream wedding into a reality

Mike is a true professional and very talented at what he does. He turned our dream wedding into a reality. All night he made sure the party was focused on us and the guests were hooked. After the wedding concluded, I have felt like I known Mike my whole life from our few interactions leading up to the big day. Very genuine guy who really knows how to rock out and keep the night going!!! If I had to rate my experience out of 5 stars, I would give him a 10! Thanks, my friend.

Sent on 11/09/2020

Steve M. · Getting married on 09/11/2021

Exceptional!

Mike was great, was very personable and extremely helpful. He kept the day going from ceremony to the last dance moves! His play list was awesome. We would highly recommend Mike for your special day or occasion.

Sent on 11/21/2020
  • Daniella

Daniella S. · Getting married on 06/11/2021

Mike is the man!

Mike is not just accessible, responsive and all the things you hope for in a DJ, he is a cool dude and just super easy going. He will adapt to whatever gets the party going and he kept my friends on the dance floor all night (including those I would not have expected to dance!)... I would choose him again if I had to do it all over. He makes having fun super easy which is all you can ask for on your wedding day... Mike knows how to deliver.

Sent on 12/05/2019

Kay H. · Getting married on 05/22/2021

Absolutely Outstanding

From the first time we met Mike, we just knew he had to be our wedding DJ. We instantly connected with him and he knew exactly what we were looking for. Unfortunately, COVID through a hiccup in our plans and we had to push back our wedding. So sad that he will not be our DJ for this new date. He has recommended another DJ we're hoping to have a similar connection as we did with Mike.
    Thanks for everything Mike!

Sent on 07/28/2020
  • Ronrb

Ron · Getting married on 04/12/2021

Great Experience!

Mike is a consummate professional who takes his job seriously. By that I mean, he is serious about making sure you have fun at your wedding and that the music reflects your personal taste and style. We gave him a playlist that was a mile long and he managed to fit almost all of the songs in (either during dinner or the dancing afterward) while keeping people up and dancing and having fun all night long. We would highly recommend Mike for your event. He is a real pro and a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 01/06/2020
  • Nathan

Nathan T. · Getting married on 04/09/2021

Mike is the best!

Mike was willing to travel and provide an excellent experience. He provided sound for the guitarist at our outside ceremony and miked us as well. His backlighting at the reception was perfect and fun. He was easy to get in contact with and prompt to reply. Working with him was super easy and he made a killer playlist. He's experienced enough to give recommendations on things we didn't know much about and we were more than happy with everything!

Sent on 10/09/2019

Mmarasc19 · Married on 03/09/2021

A mature and professional DJ that gets what young professionals want

Mike was phenomenal with working with our schedules. Super personable and wanted to meet in person to make sure he really understood what we were looking for.

Sent on 11/21/2019
  • Rob

Rob L. · Married on 03/02/2021

If your reading this you found the right DJ!

Mike was our DJ for our wedding this February. Mike is the real deal, when he says he starts the party he means it. The dance floor was packed all night and it stayed that way all the way through the after party. Not only does Mike do a fantastic job with playing non stop party music but his up lighting also provided an enhanced ambiance to the venue! He carries himself very professionally and he’s also a pleasure to work with. He’s with you from start to finish!!!

Thanks again Mike you made our big day even better!!!
    Rob and Ashley

Sent on 03/05/2020
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth D. · Married on 02/11/2021

Awesome DJ

We hired Must Be the Music to DJ our November 2020 wedding soon after we got engaged. Needless to say, our plans changed and we ultimately scaled down to a micro wedding dinner for 10. We decided to hire Mike for dinner music and a few of the ceremonial dances (bride and groom first dance, parent dances), and we’re so glad we did! He really helped our small gathering feel like a wedding and not just a family dinner, but he did it without taking over the space or being so loud that we couldn’t talk. And somehow, he GOT us — we only had a few short conversations about our musical tastes, but he knew exactly what to play. He even got us out on the dance floor (in a socially distant way!) before he had to leave. All for a reasonable price. In short, we loved him, our families loved him, and our only regret is that we didn’t book him sooner for our backup date next year.

Sent on 12/06/2020

Siana M. · Married on 12/18/2020

Absolutely wonderful

Mike was literally the best person we could have asked for to DJ our wedding. He was so accommodating, helpful and knowledgeable through the whole process. He was a true professional through and through and just an overall great person. Planning a wedding during a pandemic is hard enough, and our wedding turned out amazing. Can not recommend him enough!

Sent on 12/20/2020
  • Lexie

Lexie C. · Married on 12/12/2020

Best dj ever

From the day I met Mike at a bridal show, I knew he was going to be our DJ! My mom, mother in-law and I felt an instant connection with him. He was easy going, informative, hyped us up and answered all of our questions before we even had a chance to think of any. Throughout the process he stayed in touch via email and phone and assured us that if and when we needed anything to reach out whenever! Come down to the final months we scheduled phone calls and planned out exactly how we wanted everything to go down to the beat drop. Being a nervous bride he assured me that he would take care of everything and the only thing we had to do was get married- he wasn’t kidding! Come wedding day, Mike was there before I was setting up and getting everything ready. He greeted me with a giant hug and assured me again everything would be perfect!

From beginning of the ceremony to the end of the reception everything WAS perfect! Mike played the best songs mixing my country style to his classic rock with plenty of dance music in between. The uplighting brought the room together better than I could have ever imagined. He threw in sly commentary that made everyone laugh and helped us honor my father in the best way. He checked in with us often to make sure we were happy and made our night AMAZING.

Without Mike our reception wouldn’t have come together the way it did. We are SO lucky that he was available and already told our friends who are planning their wedding he’s the man to go to. Thank you, Mike for everything! We are SO grateful for everything and making our wedding the best night ever!

Sent on 12/15/2020

Caitlyn L. · Married on 12/05/2020

Amazing Dj and Amazing person

We have seen him at 2 other wedding and he did an amazing job at both of them. I knew that I most have him at my wedding. Sadly COVID happen. And we were unable to have our wedding. He was the first one to answer back to me and even helped me out with find other venders!!! Would recommend him to anyone!! He was very easy to work with from the start!!! We can not thank him enough!!

Sent on 11/04/2020

Emily · Married on 11/20/2020

Excellent DJ!

Mike was excellent from our first meeting to the end of our wedding night. He was professional, helpful, overall a delight to work with. He made the entire process go so smoothly and the night was perfect, and definitely would not have been without Mike there!

Sent on 12/03/2020

Christine C. · Married on 11/10/2020

Amazing DJs!

Mike and Gizzmo are fantastic! Mike was quick with answers that we had and was extremely easy to talk to over facetime. And what can we say about Gizzmo. The man made our wedding reception!! We had an amazing time!!! My husband and I requested off the wall songs and Gizzmo played them alll!! Gizzmo kept the party going!! We would definitely recommend Must Be The DJ’s!!!

Sent on 10/21/2020
  • Lee

Lee K. · Married on 11/07/2020

Flawless Experience!

Mike was very organized from the first email and phone call to the last dance of the night. We planned our wedding in 2 weeks due to being cancelled twice from Covid 19. Mike was there to support us and help us get where we needed to be from a DJ standpoint. Couldnt recommend enough!!

Sent on 07/15/2020
  • Brit

Brit · Married on 10/25/2020

Rodriguez Wedding 2020

To say Mike was amazing is an understatement! He truly listened to everything we wanted and made us feel like family! Not only is he an incredible DJ but he is also ordained just in case he’s needed. I could not recommend him more!!

Sent on 12/03/2020
  • Shannon

Shannon M. · Married on 10/24/2020

Amazing dj

I’m so sad that I won’t be able to use Must Be The Music Dj’s for my wedding due to it being postponed, but I just want to say that Mike was so kind and personable. I will definitely recommend him to any of my friends or family who will have weddings in the future. The planning process and communication with him was excellent

Sent on 07/08/2020
  • Kathleen

Kathleen S. · Married on 10/24/2020

Highly recommend!!

We couldn’t be any happier with Mike!! From the very first song at cocktail hour to the last song on the dance floor, he made our soundtrack absolutely perfect! Working with him before the wedding was a breeze and as it turned out, he worked with a bunch of different family members to plan surprises throughout the night. He played all of our requests, felt the mood of the crowd & kept people on the dance floor all night, and was extremely flexible when we said we just couldn’t leave yet and asked for one more hour! I would highly recommend for a fun wedding!!! It’s been weeks and we are still reliving the day. Thank you, Mike!!

Sent on 11/12/2020
  • Jennifer

Jennifer B. · Married on 10/23/2020

Brought the party to our wedding !

Mike was the DJ for our wedding and he was nothing short of amazing ! He went over the moon to make sure our wedding was amazing . Even with all the hiccups we had with our wedding , having to switch venues & etc. he kept ours minds at ease that it was going to be the best day of our lives . He conducted all of the music before during & after our ceremony as well as our reception. He kept the crowd going all night long and everyone has told me that our wedding was the most fun by far ! The DJ is literally the party when it comes to weddings , and Mike you certainly brought the party to ours !

Sent on 11/09/2020
  • Ashley

Ashley A. · Married on 10/17/2020

Phenomenal

A month after our wedding and we still cannot say enough about our DJ Mike Simmons. Was a pleasure to work with every step of the way from booking, planning, meeting before the wedding and the day of! Truly went above and beyond for us.

The night of the wedding our dance floor was packed the entire night!

We don’t plan on getting married again, but if we do our first call would be to Mike!

Sent on 11/21/2020
  • Jade

Jade M. · Married on 10/09/2020

10/10 would recommend

Mike was absolutely amazing! Extremely full of energy, entertaining, professional and attentive. Highly recommend!

Sent on 11/13/2020