Must Be The Music DJ's Reviews

Must Be The Music DJ's 6
Must Be The Music DJ's 7

Debra Zipfel · Married on 09/06/2019

Must be the music DJs

Mike was great to work with. Friendly and knowledgable. You can't go wrong with him as your DJ. Every detail was covered. Enjoyed our wedding day celebration from beginning to end.

Sent on 09/11/2019
  • Amy

Amy Chandler · Married on 08/17/2019

Top notch DJ!

Mike was a true professional. Great to work with and led a great party. Our dance floor was filled all night!

Sent on 09/01/2019

Marcia Nolan · Married on 08/10/2019

Amazing DJ

Mike was the DJ at my sisters wedding and he will be the DJ for our wedding. We had so much fun and wanted to make sure our reception would be just as amazing. So far he has been so professional and easy to work with. He also provides uplighting which is an awesome bonus. Very reasonable pricing! Would highly recommend for any event!!

Sent on 05/23/2019

Jennifer Villani · Married on 08/03/2019

The BEST EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike is the MAN!!! He made our wedding more than anything I could've ever dreamed of. He played a perfect mix of music for all age groups, and made sure to play the songs we specifically asked for. Once we told him what we were looking for, he went above and beyond to make sure it was a night to remember. Everyone was up dancing, and going INSANE from the moment we were introduced into the room. Mike knew our venue inside and out, so the entire schedule was exactly what we were looking for. Also, if you don't think you need up-lighting... let me tell you... it changed the entire atmosphere, and I certainly won't have any kind of party without it ever again. Mike, you are an incredible human-being. We couldn't have done this without you. So much love, Jenny and Chris

Sent on 08/16/2019
    Must Be The Music DJ's 8
  • Hayley

Hayley Jester · Married on 07/27/2019

Best dj ever!

I met Mike at a bridal show. I liked his personality as soon as we started talking, and knew he’d be an awesome DJ for my wedding! I gave him my information, and he got back to me the very next day, letting me know that my wedding date was available! We chatted on the phone a few days later, going over details of our wedding. I told him we were having a nautical theme, and he told me he had a nautical tie that he could wear! That sealed the deal! Mike helped us choose the perfect songs for certain parts of our ceremony and reception, and played a great mix of all the music we love throughout the evening! Our guests happily danced the night away! My husband and I are so glad we chose Mike to be our DJ! He did an amazing job, and we couldn’t be happier! Thanks Mike!!!

Sent on 09/12/2019
    Must Be The Music DJ's 9
  • Sherri

Sherri · Married on 07/18/2019

More than I wanted

What can we possibly say about Mike other than Amazing. I booked with Mike over a year ago and he was amazing from the time we met him to the the day of our wedding. He was so knowledgeable about the day and the Venue and made sure our day went off without a hitch. Everything we discussed was done without question and he kept the night moving. He even allowed me to sing one of my songs during the ceremony which was not discussed but he went with the flow. He makes such a busy day not seem so busy and a crazy time less confusing. He was so professional and had the voice of a "god " on when keeping the night moving. Your DJ is the heartbeat of your wedding and ours had the perfect beat the whole night without question. He is def worth using again. I hope he is doing this in years to come so he can be at our vowel renewal and so on. Thanks Mike!

Sent on 08/01/2019

Lisa Kocher · Married on 07/13/2019

Wonderful experience

My guests and I loved Mike. He is professional and helpful with all wedding events. The music was wonderful and he made a great mix of songs for my father/daughter dance. Plus i got a rip in my dress and he had pins to help put it back together. This was a wonderful experience and I definitely recommend him!

Sent on 07/16/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica Ball · Married on 07/13/2019

Jerry and Mike from Must Be The Music were amazing every step of the way. We highly recommend hiring them!

Jerry did an amazing job at our wedding. Everyone had a great time partying and dancing thanks to Jerry. He kept the energy going throughout the night. Jerry and Mike were extremely professional, responsive, detail oriented, and collaborative.

Sent on 09/13/2019

Katie · Married on 06/29/2019

Most amazing and adaptable DJ ever.

Not many can say they had horizontal rain at their wedding but ours did and hurricane force winds to go with it. The wind was so bad it actually blew the Dj’s table over for the ceremony. Jerry was so quick to react we still had sound and music for the ceremony. Then he rushed over to the reception area so the guests would have some music to lighten up from the rain. I really thought the rain was going ruin the party right there but Jerry got the party started and kept it going until the end of the night. There are a lot of details that I would change in planning my wedding if I could do it over again but my dj is not one of them. Everyone in the Music By the Dj company is amazing but Jerry in particular is awesome.

Sent on 07/01/2019
  • Polly

Polly · Married on 06/22/2019

Awesome DJ!!

We went to two weddings where Mike was the DJ and had such an amazing time that we hired him for ours on 6/2219 at Hotel DuPont. We got so many compliments about how awesome he was! He was great with communication before the event, helping us plan the reception timeline, and obviously song selection during the event. We loved him and would definitely recommend!!

Sent on 07/09/2019

Peter Breece · Married on 06/22/2019

The best around

The team at must be the music DJs was very easy to work with during the planning stages from being available at odd times and working around our schedule to make sure the day went the exact way we wanted. Also they were there to lend a hand at any time we needed ( intros, dances, etc). Our dj was ray who definitely made sure to cater to all age groups and get everybody on there feet and laugh. Extremely pleased

Sent on 09/12/2019
  • Samantha

Samantha Jones · Married on 06/16/2019

MUST HAVE for your wedding

Must Be The Music DJs is a MUST HAVE at your wedding. From your first conversation to the end of your wedding day, Mike makes the whole process so worry-free and fun. Every guest at my wedding loved our DJ and no one wanted to leave the dance floor at the end of the night. When you're dealing with other stresses of wedding planning, it was a breath of fresh air whenever we worked with Mike. If you want your guests to rave about your wedding - hire Mike!

Sent on 07/20/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda Hendrickson-Davis · Married on 06/15/2019

DJ Extraordinaire

Mike is PHENOMENAL! He was attentive, flexible and made our wedding reception a night to remember! We have received so many compliments on the variety of music, his jovial manner and how he “read the room!” I would strongly recommend him for any event!

Sent on 09/09/2019
  • Elisabeth

Elisabeth Westergren · Married on 06/08/2019

Top Notch DJ's!

From our first interaction to our last, Must Be The Music DJ's caught our attention and kept it! We were entirely impressed with their responsiveness and suggestions. Our in person meeting prior to our wedding eased our minds and excited us for our upcoming nuptials. They arrived on time, microphone'd the officiant, groom and string ensemble for the ceremony and really amped up the reception with GREAT music and perfect uplighting. From our initial entrance to the end of the night we as well as our guests danced the night away and had a fantastic time. We highly recommend Must Be The Music DJ's!

Sent on 06/26/2019

Gregory · Married on 06/07/2019

Completely delivered on everything we wanted.

We can't thank Must Be the Music DJs enough for the thorough attention and amazing service. We were completely blown away, even still thinking about them months later after our ceremony. Mike communicated with us so well every step of the way, and was very attentive to our special requests. He made us feel important and valued. He and his team did a very good job at listening to our specific ideas, and then filling in the blanks with what the rest of the day should be. They exceeded our expectations in every single way. Our DJ was Ray and it's almost as if he was a mind reader-- so great at reading the crowd and guiding the flow of the reception. We are so very grateful we found Mike and company and would recommend Must Be the Music to any couple planning their wedding. Amazing price, amazing communication, and unforgettable with giving us the party of our lifetime.

Sent on 08/07/2019
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 06/01/2019

Marvelous Mike!

From the moment we received the first e-mail from Mike, we knew we had to have him as our DJ! He was fun, attentive, and organized through his e-mails, face to face meeting, and phone call days before the wedding. When the day came, we were confident that we were in good hands and everything would go smoothly! Everyone raved about how much fun they had which is exactly what we wanted! The room looked picture perfect with the uplighting we decided on just a week before the wedding! Mike was so accommodating with this last minute request! I would highly recommend anyone looking for a DJ to hire Mike! I can guarantee you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 06/17/2019
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 05/26/2019

The best DJ ever

I have to say Mike is the man. He is literally a life saver we had originally booked another DJ that was a no show to every meeting so we decided to drop him and our venue recommended Mike it was the best decision ever. He was polite and respectful. What makes him even greater was that he took the time to work with us and was very sweet. Our wedding was bi-lingual and he made it work and I appreciate it to much.

• Ninette

Ninette · Married on 05/24/2019

Excellent & Experienced!

Mike was wonderful to work with from meeting him at Deerfield's open house all the way through to checking in on us after the wedding. At the open house it was clear Mike was highly experienced and detail-oriented. He takes care of more than just the music, and explained how he would also provide wireless mics for the groom and officiant, how he would set up speakers based on which outdoor ceremony location we selected, how he would transition between ceremony and cocktail hour music, take care of reception introductions and the list goes on. Better yet, Mike didn't just talk about all of these things, he certainly delivered. He was also prompt in responding to phone calls and emails providing clarity on any questions we had. He checked in with us 2 weeks before the wedding to confirm our selections and review all the details. He even ensured he was not over or undressed for the wedding based on the groom's attire. Mike made the whole process seamless and he was absolutely great to work with. He's a funny, light-hearted and friendly DJ with very affordable rates. We are grateful to have had him at our wedding and we give him our highest recommendation!

Must Be The Music DJ's 10
  • Jesse

Jesse Geisler · Married on 05/19/2019

Must be the best!

Mike was the DJ for our wedding and did a better job than we ever could have expected! Not that we ever doubted him, but he went above and beyond mc'ing, interacting with guests, and keeping the music going and the dancefloor full for the duration of the reception. From our first meeting Mike was very personable and helpful throughout the entire process. He is willing to play specific songs requested, but if you hire Mike I recommend you keep the requests to a minimum, he knows what he's doimg when it comes to song selection and will keep the party going no matter what. Best DJ for the best price hands down!

Sent on 06/13/2019

Erin · Married on 05/18/2019

Amazing and stress free

Mike was amazing. Our venue was a little tricky for location needs, as well as, sound quality because it was by the water. Mike had all equipment needed to make things flawless and all our concerns were instantly dissolved after meeting with him. He was so helpful and responsive during the planning process that it was completely stress free! I would highly recommend him to anyone to use for their wedding/event. His announcements were wonderful and tasteful- not over the top! Absolutely wonderful!!

Must Be The Music DJ's 11

Ken Wan · Married on 05/04/2019

Awesome DJ

Mike is great. He plays great music, and is super responsive and flexible. We changed some songs last minute and he had no problems!

Sent on 07/06/2019

Corey Z · Married on 04/28/2019

The Truth About DJ Mike Simmons

My wife and I got married in Glen Mills, PA at a place called Terrain. When looking for a DJ, I randomly picked out Mikes name from a list of about 40 people. We wanted very specific genres and special songs to be played throughout the night and at first I wasn’t sure if we were going to find someone with those kind of capabilities. Luckily, after the first phone call to go over our expectations and process, we knew he was the right guy for our big day. Mikes not only knows a lot about music, but also is very knowledgeable about what each event needs. He researched our venue and knew that there was noise from the highway. On our wedding day, Mike hooked me up to a tiny microphone so anyones words would not be unheard. When our bridal party walk out was not on time, Mike made sure that there was never an awkward moment of silence and quickly improvised. He did a beautiful set during cocktail hour, and smoothly transitioned into our dances and then through dinner. My wife had a very specific song that she wanted to be played, however, didn’t like a specific verse in the song. Mike, being the exceptional DJ that he is, edited the songs to omit the specific verse and it sounded perfect. Everyone danced the night away and it could not have been more fun. His skills are unparalleled, and if that does not impress you, this will.
    Not only is Mike Simmons a phenomenal DJ, he’s an excellent person. After everyone had left the wedding, Mike began to pack up all of his gear. Before he left, he noticed a few of my friends were unable to find an Uber and get back to their hotel safely. Mike piled them into his suv and took all six of my friends back to their hotel. That alone, shows the kind of guy Mike is. He is a gentleman first and foremost, and that, is priceless. Needless to say, we highly recommend Mike and if you don’t use him, you’ll be sorry!
    Thank you Mike for all you did for us on our wedding night and for being such a stand up guy.

Sent on 06/13/2019

Cathy Bradley · Married on 04/27/2019

Fantastic!!!

We interacted with both Mike and Ray, Mike being the owner of the company. They are professional and very quick to respond to emails and “dumb” requests. We asked Ray to play specific songs, which I remember hearing at my wedding, but left the rest up to him! We basically told him that we didn’t want anything poppy or things you would hear on todays radio stations...Ray kept the dance floor packed all night long!!! We had a blast at our wedding and have received many compliments on the music we had playing...thank you Mike and Ray!!

Sent on 05/16/2019
    Must Be The Music DJ's 12
    Must Be The Music DJ's 13
    Must Be The Music DJ's 14
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 04/20/2019

Amazing experience!

Mike was so amazing! He did such a good job running the whole show, Bc that’s what DJs do, and made me feel so comfortable. I always knew what was happening next and exactly what to expect. Also, I feel like some DJs are super lame and he wasn’t like that at all. We worked together to get the exact vibe for each part of the night. USE HIM!!!

Sent on 05/13/2019

Courtney · Married on 04/06/2019

Amazing experience!!

Mike and Ray are such an amazing team! Mike is so organized, he mapped out everything so clearly for us that I had no concerns going into our reception. He is SO easy to communicate with and beyond accommodating. Ray did our wedding. He played a perfect mix of music for our crowd and everyone had a blast. The up lighting they provided also added an awesome vibe to our reception space. Best DJs ever!!!!

Sent on 04/29/2019