Must Be The Music DJ's Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

• Giuliana
    Giuliana P. Married on 06/10/2022

Amazing DJ that will get the party GOING!

Wow! Mike was such a HUGE help during our whole wedding process, and I would hire him again in a heartbeat! From multiple check-ins throughout the year leading up to our wedding to quick responses to emails and texts, he was the best. He was flexible when I needed to make changes and always ready to advise when I had a question and needed an expert's opinion. His idea to open the dancefloor after my dad and I's upbeat dance was genius and such a nice transition. I'm so glad I booked him for the ceremony too, as the clip-on mics for my officiant and my husband were much needed and a great touch (so that the microphone stand wasn't in our photos!). In our ceremony, our officiant mentioned some songs that played the night my husband and I met, and Mike listened to the ceremony and thoughtfully played those songs during the reception- it's one of my favorite memories of the night! We also told him one of our friends has his own song and that we'd like to play it as a surprise to him, so Mike looked up what our friend looked like and made sure to play it while our friend was on the dancefloor (he even did an intro for the song!). The DETAILS this man nails are insane. We were told afterwards that folks who never dance at weddings were up there dancing. Also, get the uplighting! Loved the party vibes it gave at the reception! Absolutely would recommend him to anyone!!
  • Kim
    Kim S. Married on 06/04/2022

The Best Wedding DJ In The Game

I truly cannot put into words how wonderful Mike is. There are so many things I can say about how he made our wedding day truly the most magical day for us. I've highlighted just a few of his many great qualities below, but any couple looking for an amazing, kind, considerate DJ, look no further than Mike.

DJ Skills & Overall Set: Safe to say Mike knows how to party. We trusted Mike to play what he wanted and he did not disappoint with keeping the crowd on the dancefloor. And the few songs we did request he play he made sure we were there to enjoy so we didn't miss them. His uplighting was also AMAZING - of all of the things my groom walked away with after the entire night, he turned to me and said "Mike's uplighting really made it a party".

Attention to Detail, Engagement & Professionalism: Mike was there to answer any email, any time, with anything we needed. He was extremely patient and professional with a few last minute decisions, and he truly was the least of our concerns in terms of commitment going into our weekend, which took a ton of stress away from us. He set up as many calls as we needed to make sure he had the vision we wanted, and made sure to go over pronunciation so he had everyone's names correct - he was the first DJ of any wedding I've been to to actually get everyone's name right day-of. Any cut or entrance song we asked for, he had the tracks for us to preview the next day. His turnaround, attention to detail, and patience really and truly made it a stress-free evening for us.

Punctuality: Mike was there on time, set up and ready to go ahead of our ceremony. And while we had concerns about mic-ing our ceremony outside he did a fantastic job at making it sound natural, and there were no mic stands in the way of any photos, as all mics were lapel mics. He had the microphone in the right hands at the right time for speeches, and got everyone on the dancefloor in the time I was hoping for to keep the evening on schedule.

Engaging: Mike loves what he does, and it shows. He was engaged in our story and who we were as people so he could cater to what we liked. He was just happy to be there, and as a bride stressed about making sure people are happy, it meant the world to have a vendor so supportive.

Must Be the Music DJs was the best decision we could have made for our wedding, and we cannot thank Mike enough for his engagement, support, punctuality, professionalism, and ability to start and keep a party going.
  • Casey
    Casey E. Married on 05/07/2022

Best. Decision. Ever.

From the very beginning, Mike made the entire wedding process so easy and fun! He was immediately responsive, very organized in scheduling a our "intro" meeting, and super flexible with our schedules since we were planning from out of state! He truly made us feel comfortable and confident in booking his services from the get go! He outlined what he typically likes to do in terms of music to match the event which was exactly what we wanted. He walked us through all possibilities to personalize the day. He reached out frequently to check in with us and offer any help even outside of just music/DJ role which was really sweet. Super personable and easy to work with! Our guests had nothing but great things to say about the music, the MC'ing and even the uplighting feature he offers as well! We have absolutely no regrets in hiring him and would HIGHLY recommended asking him to be part of your event!!
    Lauren J. Married on 05/07/2022

Incredible DJ

Mike was one of the best parts of our wedding. It was such a pleasure working with him during the planning process! He’s responsive, easy-going and great to work with. Our dance floor was amazing too! No one left the dance floor the whole night and it was thanks to him. Highly recommend!!!!!!
  • Lizzy
    Lizzy Married on 05/07/2022

Look no further!

Do yourself a favor and book him!
    Extras Mike did 100% unnecessary that made our day:
    -Recorded me singing to walk down the isle (always been a dream of mine)
    - wiped lipstick from my teeth
    -kept my wasted brother in law I'm check
    Mike is 100% professional and unlike other vendors he never pressured me and was transparent about everything!
    J Finer Married on 05/04/2022

Incredible Service and Person

We had to cancel our wedding reception due to COVID, but Mike was flexible, accommodating, and helpful leading up to the cancellation. He communicated frequently and gave us the utmost confidence that our wedding day was going to be perfect. We 100% plan to use him at our delayed wedding celebration! Mike rocks!
  • Joey
    Joey M. Married on 05/02/2022

A+ in every aspect

Hiring Mike was one of the best decisions we made throughout the entire wedding planning process. He went above and beyond to ensure that all the details of our event flowed smoothly. In the weeks leading up to our date he was immediately responsive to any questions we had, and brought a great level of creativity and enthusiasm to all of our planning sessions. He was extremely knowledgeable about the traditional flow of a wedding, but was open to any customization we wanted.

He helped one of our friends get set up to play live music during the ceremony, he communicated directly with the father of the bride on his speech/song; having that music choice be a surprise made it even more special. He even tracked down an artist from YouTube to get a clean recording of an acoustic song we wanted to use for the Bridal party's entrance.

One of our favorite moments of the entire day was a perfectly timed music hit towards the end of our ceremony. Mike had a song begin to build as we finished our vows, kissed, and started the recessional; it felt like we were living in a movie (and we could hear the excited murmur of the crowd as the music started to play).

Once the dance floor opened after dinner he continued to excel as our MC. He helped us organize large group photographs, kept us moving through speeches/dances/cake cutting etc, and built a killer playlist with minimal input from us regarding our musical taste.

Mike was the consummate professional from our first phone call through the last dance of the night. Book him as soon as you can.

TLDR; Mike is an amazing DJ and a joy to work with, we strongly recommend you hire him.
    Brooke S. Married on 04/30/2022

DJ Mike was awesome!

I typically don’t write reviews but I had to leave a comment for DJ Mike! Communication with DJ Mike was super easy! I felt things were organized and no stress was involved! He made our wedding so much fun! The song choices were on point! DJ Mike did everything we requested like shortening the parents songs and how we wanted to be introduced. He also provided uplighting which looked amazing!

If anyone needs a DJ, I definitely recommend DJ Mike!
    Adam P. Married on 04/23/2022

Best in the Business!

We hired Mike from Mustbethemusic, and could not have been happier with our experience! What separates him from the rest is his incredible attention to detail. When you hire Mike you truly are getting a seasoned professional. He thought of everything, from placing clip on microphones on myself and the officiant during the ceremony to adding up lighting in the ballroom to make the reception look amazing. Every step of the way he makes the experience very streamlined and easy to understand. There were multiple check points throughout the year to make sure he was perfectly in tune with what we were looking for in our ceremony. On the day of he was a fantastic MC to make our reception a night we will remember for the rest of our lives. If you're looking for a wedding DJ your search should stop here! We can't recommend Mike enough he was fantastic.
    Chelsey L. Married on 04/16/2022

Such a great time!!

Mike Simmons is the best DJ I have ever had the pleasure of working with. He was the DJ for my wedding last weekend and everyone that attended had nothing but the nicest things to say about him. His energy and his ability to choose songs that best suit the atmosphere, really make your event so special and he keeps everyone dancing! He mixed it up for us so that there were songs for all age groups and executed our vision perfectly!! Thank you so much for making our wedding perfect!!!
    Levi L. Married on 03/12/2022

Amazing dj superior skills

Mike was AMAZING! He is such a pleasure to work with and has answers to all of your questions. Mike has superior up lighting skills and made our big day great!
  • Giovanni
    Giovanni S. Married on 03/06/2022

DJ Review Mike Simmons

Mike was excellent in providing service for my wedding. Unfortunately my wedding got canceled but he was still able to reschedule me. Great job!
  • AnnMarie
    Annmarie L. Married on 02/12/2022

The first and best wedding decision we made!!

There were 3 non-negotiable items my husband and I wanted for our wedding day - great food, great music, and an open bar. We are happy report that we received all 3 of these on our special day! The first (and fastest) decision we made was to book Mike as our DJ! We first met Mike at the Deerfield Country Club (where we ultimately decided to book our wedding venue) open house about 3 years prior to our wedding date. For us, this was key because we were able to sample his music selection and style, booth setup, uplighting, and personality. We connected right away and never looked for another dj or music option! Over the next 3 years (we had to change our wedding date because of the pandemic) Mike kept in regular contact with us via email and Zoom calls. Some key things we appreciated leading up to the wedding was honest and open communication, no hidden costs/fees (honest and affordable pricing), willingness to rebook with us when we had to change our wedding date, and control over music selection. Some important things our wedding guests commented about the music were that the setup wasn't an eyesore and most people did not notice where Mike was set up, the music wasn't blaring and it was easy to have conversations with other guests, Mike himself added to the evening and didn't detract from us/our day, and lastly, the music selection appealed to all generations and many people enjoyed dancing/didn't want the evening to end. Without a doubt, we would highly recommend Mike to anyone looking for a dj for their wedding!!!
  • Kellie
    Kellie R. Married on 02/09/2022

Mike Simmons MUST BE THE MUSIC - The best in the business!

People kept telling us, "Guests only remember a few things from a wedding....great food and GREAT music!" so when my fiancé Matt and I were wedding planning, we knew had to have the best DJ in the business. Mike Simmons was the DJ at my sister's wedding last October and we knew we HAD to have him!

I fully believe that everything happens for a reason because while we were originally planning to have our wedding on September 4th 2020, we found out that Mike was already booked and while we TOTALLY trusted his recommendation, we were bummed to find out we wouldn't have him for our special day. Because of COVID-19, we decided to have a Micro Wedding instead of postponing all of our plans into 2021. During all of the re-planning we were so happy to hear that Mike was available for our Micro Wedding date of September 26th 2020!! Mike jumped right into the re-planning with us and despite all of the changes that were happening around us, he reassured us that our day would be nothing shy of perfect. He offered his professional guidance during the whole planning process and was so excited to hear our ideas and encouraged us to be creative and make our day all about us. Mike Simmons is one of a kind! He will do everything he can to make the day all about the couple and will put everything else aside. If you are looking for a great party, a DJ who personalizes his talent to you, and if you are looking to have a kind and genuine vendor join your wedding planning process, BOOK MIKE! it's the best decision we knew we were going to make!
    Nathan P. Married on 02/05/2022

Best. Reception. Ever

Saying "I want to have the best wedding and reception party ever" is the exact same thing as saying "I want Mike to be the DJ and MC for my wedding." Seriously, you don't realize how important and crucial this part of the wedding, or any event is until it's happening. Do yourself a favor and go the easy route by hiring Must Be The Music JDs. Mike thinks of everything and plans for everything so you literally have nothing to worry about. We had so many people tell us that we had the most fun wedding they had ever been too and that it was the flow of things and the music that pulled it all together.

Mike, thanks for making our special day the most amazing day possible.
  • Brooke
    Brooke N. Married on 02/05/2022

Party All Night!

Mike was simply amazing! It felt like we had known him for years and we met first on zoom!! He really ran our ceremony and reception. Our guests were telling us how much they appreciated and loved him as our DJ(I think we all know what it’s like when a DJ at a wedding isn’t what you wanted.) He got the party started and kept it going. Mike is a great guy and a great DJ. If he is available for your wedding date you need to book him!! You will not be disappointed.!
  • Colleen
    Colleen O. Married on 01/29/2022

DJ Made our Wedding Incredible

I can not thank Mike enough for being such an incredible DJ for our wedding! 10/10 would recommend! From the moment we had our first meeting to the last song of the night, he was communicative, professional, and personable. He coordinated several touch points leading up to the wedding, so despite a blizzard and a pandemic, he kept us reassured that all would go well. He sent us several versions of some songs we wanted so we could make sure they were perfect. His setup was amazing and blended in with the venue nicely. His mics during the ceremony were barely visible but allowed the guests to hear everything clearly. During the reception, our guests seated right by the speakers commented on how impressed they were that they could still converse and didn't even notice they were next to the speakers, and yet we were sitting across the room and could hear the music perfectly. He helped the night flow seamlessly, and before I knew it, it was time to say goodbye. We have gotten so many compliments on the DJ and music at our wedding, and owe it all to Mike!

Kassi Married on 01/22/2022

You have to hire must be the music!

We are SO grateful that Must Be the Music provided the DJ and uplighting services for our wedding on 1-22-22. Mike was so helpful throughout the entire wedding planning process, including when we had to postpone our wedding date due to covid. He was constantly supportive and excited for our wedding day, and that made all of the difference for us!

I have never seen more wedding guests out on the dance floor than I did at our wedding - and that is all because of Mike's DJ skills! Guests were consistently dancing and having a great time. Mike had great advice for the timeline of our reception and wedding party introductions due to his experience in the wedding field. The uplighting was perfect throughout the night and made such a difference in the ballroom!

It is a mistake to not hire Must Be the Music for your wedding day. Mike is truly the BEST of the best and we could not recommend him enough for couples on their big day. If you want a fun, supportive DJ who will guarantee dancing throughout the night... hire Mike!
    Anthony Married on 01/07/2022

Amazing DJ

Amazing DJ. Mike did such a great job and exceeded our expectations. 5/5 would totally recommend.
  • Adrien
    Adrien N. Married on 11/27/2021

great from A to Z.

Mike was really helpful throughout. With Covid, we had to move our date twice and he was greatly accommodating all along the way.
    Gave us plenty of freedom in choice music, songs alterations, hooked us up with small mics for the ceremony so has to avoid seeing them in photos, etc etc. Not a bad thing to say.
  • Tara
    Tara T. Married on 11/13/2021

So fun, so personable, THEE BEST

Mike truly went above & beyond for us on our wedding day! He was always so much fun to talk to and easy to communicate with. During our day, any time he had a question or concern he easily found us & double checked anything. Mike was always so much fun and easily enjoyable to be around and speak with. Every song he played during our reception was a hit and the sounds we choose for everything else he played with ease as well. He went from our DJ to a friend which says something in & of itself! Will recommend him any time anyone asks me for a DJ rec!
  • Ashleigh
    Ashleigh R. Married on 11/12/2021

Our wedding day was awesome thanks to Must Be The Music!!

There are ordinary wedding DJs, and then there’s the amazing Mike Simmons from Must Be The Music DJs! My now-husband and I cannot sing his praises highly enough! Mike was recommended to us by friends who also used Must Be The Music for their wedding, and they raved about him. We can happily say that our experience far exceeded our already-high expectations going into the wedding planning process.

Over several months, Mike took the time to really get to know us as a couple and learn our musical tastes. Via FaceTime meetings, he helped us plan a wonderful ceremony and reception that went off without a hitch. His suggestions for our playlists were spot on, and he even took the time to modify the songs for my Father-Daughter dance and my husband’s Mother-Son dance to our desired length and using different snippets of the songs that were particularly meaningful to us. We felt that Mike was extremely attentive and anything we wanted was accommodated. Also, our reception was a BLAST!! Mike’s music kept the party going until the very last song - which most of our guests stayed to dance to!

We would hands-down recommend Mike Simmons and Must Be The Music DJs to anyone for a wedding or party, and hope to have the opportunity to work with him again. Thank you so much, Mike!!
    Chris B. Married on 11/10/2021

He turned our dream wedding into a reality

Mike is a true professional and very talented at what he does. He turned our dream wedding into a reality. All night he made sure the party was focused on us and the guests were hooked. After the wedding concluded, I have felt like I known Mike my whole life from our few interactions leading up to the big day. Very genuine guy who really knows how to rock out and keep the night going!!! If I had to rate my experience out of 5 stars, I would give him a 10! Thanks, my friend.
    Jeffrey M. Married on 11/07/2021

My super awesome wedding!

My super awesome wedding is the title that Mike gave my wedding, and that is exactly what he delivered. From the first meeting with Mike, I knew he could give us a wedding that wouldn’t be forgotten. He is super energetic, organized, and knows how to get a party going. Communication was on point, music selection hit the mark, and all the little details down to the uplighting made our special day super awesome. Id recommend Mike 10/10 times.
    Kim S. Married on 10/22/2021

Mike is the man!

Mike Simmons was incredible from start to finish! He was in constant contact with us, answered any and all questions super quick, and was completely flexible whenever we had song requests! He also did uplighting for our reception which totally changed the vibe of our ballroom. If you’re looking for a DJ, Mike is your guy!