Must Be The Music DJ's Reviews

212 Reviews for Must Be The Music DJ's

• Joey

Joey Machak · Getting married on 05/02/2022

A+ in every aspect

Hiring Mike was one of the best decisions we made throughout the entire wedding planning process. He went above and beyond to ensure that all the details of our event flowed smoothly. In the weeks leading up to our date he was immediately responsive to any questions we had, and brought a great level of creativity and enthusiasm to all of our planning sessions. He was extremely knowledgeable about the traditional flow of a wedding, but was open to any customization we wanted.

He helped one of our friends get set up to play live music during the ceremony, he communicated directly with the father of the bride on his speech/song; having that music choice be a surprise made it even more special. He even tracked down an artist from YouTube to get a clean recording of an acoustic song we wanted to use for the Bridal party's entrance.

One of our favorite moments of the entire day was a perfectly timed music hit towards the end of our ceremony. Mike had a song begin to build as we finished our vows, kissed, and started the recessional; it felt like we were living in a movie (and we could hear the excited murmur of the crowd as the music started to play).

Once the dance floor opened after dinner he continued to excel as our MC. He helped us organize large group photographs, kept us moving through speeches/dances/cake cutting etc, and built a killer playlist with minimal input from us regarding our musical taste.

Mike was the consummate professional from our first phone call through the last dance of the night. Book him as soon as you can.

TLDR; Mike is an amazing DJ and a joy to work with, we strongly recommend you hire him.

Sent on 06/23/2020
  • Daniella

Daniella Spitelli-Sarnecky · Getting married on 06/11/2021

Mike is the man!

Mike is not just accessible, responsive and all the things you hope for in a DJ, he is a cool dude and just super easy going. He will adapt to whatever gets the party going and he kept my friends on the dance floor all night (including those I would not have expected to dance!)... I would choose him again if I had to do it all over. He makes having fun super easy which is all you can ask for on your wedding day... Mike knows how to deliver.

Sent on 12/05/2019
  • Ronrb

Ron B. · Getting married on 04/12/2021

Great Experience!

Mike is a consummate professional who takes his job seriously. By that I mean, he is serious about making sure you have fun at your wedding and that the music reflects your personal taste and style. We gave him a playlist that was a mile long and he managed to fit almost all of the songs in (either during dinner or the dancing afterward) while keeping people up and dancing and having fun all night long. We would highly recommend Mike for your event. He is a real pro and a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 01/06/2020
  • Nathan

Nathan Truitt · Getting married on 04/09/2021

Mike is the best!

Mike was willing to travel and provide an excellent experience. He provided sound for the guitarist at our outside ceremony and miked us as well. His backlighting at the reception was perfect and fun. He was easy to get in contact with and prompt to reply. Working with him was super easy and he made a killer playlist. He's experienced enough to give recommendations on things we didn't know much about and we were more than happy with everything!

Sent on 10/09/2019

MMarasc19 · Getting married on 03/09/2021

A mature and professional DJ that gets what young professionals want

Mike was phenomenal with working with our schedules. Super personable and wanted to meet in person to make sure he really understood what we were looking for.

Sent on 11/21/2019
  • Rob

Rob Londino · Getting married on 03/02/2021

If your reading this you found the right DJ!

Mike was our DJ for our wedding this February. Mike is the real deal, when he says he starts the party he means it. The dance floor was packed all night and it stayed that way all the way through the after party. Not only does Mike do a fantastic job with playing non stop party music but his up lighting also provided an enhanced ambiance to the venue! He carries himself very professionally and he’s also a pleasure to work with. He’s with you from start to finish!!!

Thanks again Mike you made our big day even better!!!
    Rob and Ashley

Sent on 03/05/2020
  • Shannon

Shannon McAuliffe · Getting married on 10/24/2020

Amazing dj

I’m so sad that I won’t be able to use Must Be The Music Dj’s for my wedding due to it being postponed, but I just want to say that Mike was so kind and personable. I will definitely recommend him to any of my friends or family who will have weddings in the future. The planning process and communication with him was excellent

Sent on 07/08/2020
  • Steve

Steve Blanken · Getting married on 09/09/2020

Highly Recommend Mike

Mike is a great DJ. He helped make our special day prefect. He was accommodating and has excellent communication skills. Mike made sure to include songs that were important to us (one had to be burned from a CD), while also creating a lively environment to get all guests engaged. He even brought a flashlight over when he noticed we were having trouble with my bustle. Mike is true professional and we highly recommend him!

Sent on 11/16/2019

Julie · Getting married on 07/10/2020

the bomb.com

MIKE IS THE BEST. He kept everything organized and responded so quickly anytime I had a question. He is so passionate about what he does and it definitely shows in his work.

Sent on 12/18/2019

Kayla Conforti · Married on 06/27/2020

Amazing experience

I can not stress enough how AMAZING Must Be The Music DJs is. We met Mike at a venue open house where he must have met hundreds of other people. He was showing us his up-lighting around the room and the different color options. We joked about how he could make the room Eagles Green for my die hard Eagles Fan Fiance during our entrance. About 30 minutes later after we met other vendors, we were heading out we noticed the room change to green and looked back at Mike who was smiling ear to ear. The fact that he actually remembered what we said after meeting him briefly stuck with us as we when about the planning process. After we booked our venue, he was our first call. His prices were cheaper than any other DJ we met along the way, and his personality was amazing. He had a plan for every scenario we brought up (he even packs extra clothes just in case). Seriously this man thinks of everything. He thoroughly explained how the wedding day could run and what to expect from him. He reached out several times throughout the process just to check in and offer help in any way he could. He had great recommendations for other vendors and even offered support for my brother who was officiating the ceremony. Unfortunately due to COVID, our wedding had to be cancelled. Mike did not charge us anything for cancelling and collected no payment what so ever from us. If only all of our other vendors were so gracious. If we ever need a DJ again, Mike will be our first and only call.

Sent on 07/02/2020

Katie Tabeling · Married on 05/23/2020

The right man for the job.

Mike is a phenomenal DJ and emcee of ceremonies, and I say that based on watching him perform at my sister’s wedding. He made sure everyone kept dancing and having fun, no matter what the genre of music. That alone made my fiancé and I sign up with him, but what’s making me recommend him is working with him.
    I was dealing with a tremendously turbulent time at work while planning the wedding, and I truly didn’t have the emotional energy to focus on music. My fiancé is also notoriously picky about songs, and Mike was very patient and kind with us as we prepared for a wedding, even making his own suggestions. He also dealt with crazed emails from me not knowing what to do for introduction/ceremony ambiance music or what as well as an eclectic list from my fiancé.
    When COVID-19 hit, we unfortunately had to push our wedding back a whole year. Due to family circumstances on our behalf and other commitments, we had to part ways.
    I can’t say enough about Mike and his work, especially his grace under pressure in truly bizarre times, let alone the normal wedding stress.

Sent on 06/21/2020

Lauren Adams · Married on 05/16/2020

Super helpful!

Although mike was booked for our wedding day he still helped us with the planning process and helped us search other djs that we could use! Super helpful and very responsive!

Sent on 11/17/2019

Jenna Wolff · Married on 02/09/2020

10/10 highly recommend

Highly recommend! Mike was the DJ at our wedding on 9/14 in Newark, DE. It was an easy decision choosing Must be the Music DJs after having a few referrals and reading reviews online. Everything was perfect- from Mike checking in multiple times throughout the planning process to see if we needed anything, to meeting in person to discuss all the plans for the big day, to making everyone's night unforgetable. Mike really knows how to feel out the crowd and choose songs that will keep everyone on their feet the entire night!!! And the uplighting-- we chose a natural light for the dinner portion and then had a variety of colors constantly changing during the dancing portion. The uplighting really makes a difference and we are glad we went through with it!!!

Sent on 10/09/2019

Alexis Smith · Married on 01/11/2020

Mike is awesome

Best DJ! Mike is so organized, professional and respectful! He is the best my family and friends are still talking about how great our DJ was! Highly recommend such a nice guy! He exceeded my expectations!

Sent on 01/20/2020
  • Samantha

Samantha Riley · Married on 01/09/2020

Best in the business!!

Mike was referred to us by our venue. They told us during a walk through, that even if we didn’t get married here... you still want Mike as your DJ. Boy were they right. He’s a true professional through and through. Everything is so easy. He guides you through the entire process and has state of the art equipment. No hiccups or anything to make your day stressful. Just a breeze to work with.

Sent on 11/08/2019

Katie Sharpley · Married on 12/31/2019

Mike is top notch, all his 5 star reviews speak for themselves

Hiring Mike, with Must be the Music DJ’s was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. We ran into Mike, and dubbed him “white speaker guy” at a Bridal show and instantly knew he was our DJ. Mike is extremely personable, and outgoing without being over the top, and in your face. Our wedding was NYE and expected higher pricing because of the holiday, but Mike was fair and didn’t try to gouge us like that other “amped up” company did, which we greatly appreciated, and he also piped in the NYE countdown for us, total bonus! Mikes equipment, the white speakers ;) , are generally unassuming and don’t create an eyesore at the front of your beautiful venue. We also chose the up lighting and I recommend that 1000% ! Mike showed us what the room would have looked like without the up lighting and it was amazing to see the difference. Look no further than Must be the Music DJ’s I promise you will be SO glad you did!

Sent on 02/04/2020

Amanda Creeden · Married on 12/14/2019

So much more than awesome music

Mike was as excited as we were about our big day and it felt like we had a friend or cousin DJing for us by the time the wedding came he is THAT GOOD! You want Mike to DJ your wedding- he does so much more than play awesome music and fill a dance floor-he is an MC who keeps the night going seamlessly while you don’t even think about making one more darn decision because he has every preference discussed with you well in advance so you can enjoy your night.

Sent on 01/15/2020
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 11/10/2019

A True Professional. Mike is the Man!

From the very first interaction Mike was 100% professional. He checked in with us regularly, which we really appreciated. Mike saw the vision we had for our wedding and we very easily came up with the music for our big day. Not only is he great at what he does, but he’s a great person, whom my husband and I still keep in touch with. You’ll be so glad you hired him!

Sent on 03/01/2020
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 11/03/2019

Just amazing

What is there to say about Mike that hasn’t already been said in so many reviews? He’s just, hands down, the best DJ. He was recommended to my sister from a friend for her wedding and as soon as my husband and I started planning, we knew right away that Mike with Must be the Music would be our choice. He’s so flexible, professional, organized, and down to earth. He can take one song from your request list and know exactly the vibe you’re going for. I will forever recommend him for any event!

Sent on 11/04/2019
  • Christine

Christine Stevens · Married on 11/02/2019

If you need a DJ, Mike is your guy!

My now-husband and I chose Mike to DJ our wedding. He was highly recommended to us by our friends and our wedding planner. And just let me say, if we ever need a DJ for another event, we will go to Mike. He is professional, nice, and knows his stuff. He was one of the best vendors I worked with as he was easy going and always on it by replying to emails and questions quickly. A good DJ is definitely important to keep a wedding moving and he did just that. Our ceremony music was perfectly on cue and during the reception people danced all night long. He also did our up lighting and it looked absolutely amazing, it really adds to the atmosphere of the event. He was very accommodating and flexible and worked with my husband to surprise me with our first dance song (which I loved!!) Mike, thank you for making our day special!

Sent on 11/23/2019
  • Anna

Anna · Married on 10/26/2019

Both Mike and Gizzmo were awesome

I truly enjoyed having must be the music dj's at our wedding day. Gizzmo went above and beyond being just the "music guy". I, the bride :), was not feeling well and he made sure I was taken care of! I have never known a DJ to do all that :)
    They listened to what the groom and I wanted. The reception was an absolute blast! We danced from 7:30 - 11 pm. The dancefloor was always full. Thanks so much Mike and Gizzmo

Sent on 12/19/2019
  • Kelly

Kelly Burns · Married on 10/26/2019

Amazing! You have to book!

We got married October 26th! Mike was Amazing!! Not only is he a really nice person, he is a great DJ!! The dance floor was packed the entire time! He played a variety of songs! Always kept everyone up! He helped us through the entire process, from picking our songs to helping us with surprise entrances!! He was awesome and made everything so easy for us!! We would 100% recommend!! We will definitely use him in the Future and recommend to all of our friends!

Sent on 12/20/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 10/20/2019

Highly recommend Mike!!

My husband and I were so very happy through the entire process! I am so glad we found your booth at the WJBR event. Must Be The Music DJ's helped make the planning easy and not stressful. We loved the music you played and the atmosphere you created for our wedding at Rosewood Farms! Mike kept everyone on the dance floor and having a fun time! The uplightning was awesome and truely made all the difference! We greatly appreciate everything you did for us and can't thank you enough!!

Sent on 11/21/2019

Lauren Camp · Married on 10/18/2019

Awesome DJ- highly organized.

Mike was very easy to work with, highly organized and ensure our special day ran smoothly! He was our favorite vendor that we worked with and a pleasure to have as our DJ. Highly recommend.

Sent on 11/14/2019

Danielle Macleary · Married on 10/12/2019

Mike and ray are amazing!

Ray was awesome!!! He listened to what we wanted and made it all amazing. I didn’t leave the dance floor all night! He played a good mix of songs for everyone to enjoy while making sure he stuck with our do not play list. All in all great night!! Thank you so much!!

Sent on 10/14/2019