Musical DJs & Event Lighting Reviews

287 Reviews for Musical DJs & Event Lighting

• Meagan

Meagan C. · Married on 05/27/2021

Great experience!

We had such a great experience using Musical DJs from our first conversations with Dan to having to postpone due to Covid to working with DJ Jeremy James. Dan was very helpful when we were initially looking. I can't say how nice it was to have a company that was so helpful/flexible when we had to postpone our wedding. Finally, DJ Jeremy James was AMAZING! He worked with us ahead of time on our wedding timeline and made sure everything ran smoothly the day of. He was super helpful in incorporating a few last minute requests as well. We can't say enough about how great this company is and how great DJ Jeremy James was to work with.

Sent on 06/16/2021
  • Laura

Laura G. · Married on 03/26/2021

Fabulous DJ

Musical DJ and Event Lighting were great to work with. I met Dan the owner at Piedmont CC Open house and instantly knew that I wanted to use them for our wedding. We booked with Jeremy after hearing amazing reviews! They were easy to work with customizing our wedding to meet our needs and included various discounts. We are so glad we opted to have up-lights to help set the mood for the reception. We had to postpone our wedding twice but they were flexible, understanding and ultimately made our small wedding a great night! I can’t thank Jeremy enough for DJ our wedding and making it a night to remember. I highly recommend them for any DJ services.

Sent on 03/28/2021

Calvin F. · Married on 11/15/2020

Best dj ever!

We hired Musical DJs (Dan) for our wedding and we could not have been more happy with the service they provided. Not only did Dan DJ our event, but he went above and beyond to ensure that all the details were thought about and were exactly what Shelby and I wanted for our special day. For example, Dan spent over an hour on the phone with me crafting a very detailed timeline to send to our day-of-coordinator, helped me understand the logistics for the ceremony while also providing recommendations that would help us. In addition to this, on the actual day of the wedding, we encountered some heavy wind gusts and Dan not only was not only ready to take on the challenge, but he brought additional equipment to ensure that our sound quality was great outside and also was able to go with the flow as our event moved faster than we thought and he made it so seamless that we thought everything was going with the original plan. I would recommend Dan and Musical DJs to anyone looking for a DJ/Host for their next event. Couldn't have asked for a better DJ!!!!

Sent on 11/16/2020

Nancy · Married on 10/31/2020

Amazing. I was a bit crazy my last week before my wedding. By hey emailed me and when communication did not reach our D.J.- who was amazing- I believe John, he simply asked before the wedding. He took requests and was very flexible when my new husband wanted to "throw down a few spins.". Made the night enjoyable and kept the party going. Amazing job. Kept my guests guessing what would be played next. One of my favorite part of the service was playing Fresh Beat Band for my son to get into the party too.

Sent on 07/28/2012

Ashley B. · Married on 09/12/2020

Excellent!

My husband and I (and the guests) can not say enough great things about Musical DJs and Event Lightning! Dan was the DJ at our wedding and did an amazing job! He is very knowledgeable and responsive. Thank you Dan!

Sent on 09/02/2020
  • Rachel

Rachel K. · Married on 08/30/2020

Top Notch DJ and Lighting

DJ Freddie was amazing! With COVID going on he made it clear to all of our guests that the venue was their dance floor. Everyone had an amazing time and felt like they could have fun anywhere they felt comfortable. The lighting added to the elegance of the venue and the experience my fiance and I were looking for. DJ Freddie will be a lifelong friend, he really helped to make the party what it was and brought the energy to the dance floor. DJ Freddie helped to bring our vision to life. Highly recommend this company and DJ Freddie specifically.

Sent on 08/31/2020
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 08/29/2020

Fantastic DJ

Dan was our DJ and he was amazing! Our guest list got cut due to COVID-19 but Dan was will able to provide a fun night for my close friends and family members. He took requests from our guests and did a great job facilitating the different events at the reception such as the bouquet toss and cake cutting. He arrived early to set up and provided great lighting for our dance floor

Sent on 09/01/2020

Sarah B. · Married on 08/29/2020

Wonderful Experience!

We had such a wonderful experience with Musical DJs and Event Lighting. DJ Freddie B. was absolutely wonderful! He met with us before our wedding to go through the timeline and put all our worries to ease. The music he helped us choose for the wedding ceremony was beautiful, and he gave us a lot of good recommendations for the reception. During the reception, he kept the party going with great music and getting people to dance! We didn’t think our crowd would be interested in dancing as much, but DJ Freddie B. got people moving and I know everyone had a great night. Because of COVID, he made everyone feel so comfortable and encouraged dancing throughout the venue and outside. We are so so happy we had DJ Freddie B. for our wedding, and we would highly recommend him!! Thank you so much for everything!

Sent on 10/16/2020
  • Andrea

Andrea B. · Married on 08/08/2020

Perfect Vibe

We worked with Dan from Musical DJs and Event Lighting and he was so incredibly easy to work with. Dan was so helpful and accommodating when we had to move our wedding from May to August. When we had to continue with our wedding in August due to the state being open, Dan helped make sure all our music hopes went off perfectly. We payed extra for Dan to play piano for the ceremony which was so beautiful and perfect for our location and vibe. Dan also made sure to hit all our song highlights for our reception and even helped us deliver a song surprise for a family member. He was great at working with COVID requirements, coming up with a cool 'text the DJ' option for song requests. Dan is not only very professional, but a musician himself, so he really helped us think through our playlist and helped us have a perfect event!

Sent on 09/27/2020
  • Donielle

Donielle F. · Married on 07/25/2020

Look No Further!

DJ Freddie B is the man! During such uncertain times during Covid, he made sure we had the most amazing day ever! He was professional throughout the entire process and helped create the reception of our dreams. He kept us on schedule the entire night and made sure the dance floor was never empty :-) The music was spot on alllll night! If you want to make your wedding a night to remember, make sure you book Musical DJs & Event Lighting and ask for DJ Freddie B!

Sent on 09/21/2020
  • Danela

Fulana · Married on 05/09/2020

Very good customer service

Very good customer service fast reply

Sent on 07/21/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica S. · Married on 11/23/2019

Highly Recommend!

From the moment I first spoke with Dan I knew he was the DJ we needed to hire for our wedding. He was extremely knowledgeable, thorough, and responsive which was very important as we only had a couple of weeks to plan our entire wedding. Dan was wonderful with answering all of my questions, provided great recommendations, and really put my mind at ease during each of our check-in calls. The online event planning system was so helpful and easy to use when creating the reception timeline and documenting our song requests for the ceremony and reception. On our wedding day, Dan was on time, professional, full of energy, and made our reception a blast. He played the perfect songs at the right times so the dance floor was never empty. He also did a wonderful job ensuring that the timeline of the reception flowed seamlessly. Thank you so much Dan!

Sent on 12/06/2019

Natasha W. · Married on 11/02/2019

Simply the best!

We had the pleasure of having DJ Freddie B as our emcee and DJ for our wedding last November and we could not be happier with how everything went! Not only was Freddie super responsive and collaborative leading up to the big day, but he is also just the sweetest person who really took the time to get to know us and what we wanted our wedding day to look like. Our venue was not the most organized so having Freddie there seriously saved us - we had gone over a detailed schedule of events and he stuck to it with ease, guiding us and our guests through the evening. Freddie was also super fun in his music choices and in getting people out on the dance floor to have a good time - everyone commented about how great he was. We really could not have asked for a better DJ for our wedding and are so glad we had Freddie there to celebrate with us!

Sent on 09/09/2020

Laura · Married on 10/19/2019

DJ Freddie B!!!!

Our wedding was last October and I can’t even begin to describe how much everyone enjoyed DJ Freddie B! Not only did he bring the party to the reception but he is the most easy going, considerate, and bubbly vendor which made working with him easy breezy. Freddie was also SO accommodating to our requests and provided really great recommendations including song choices, placement in the venue, and most importantly he made sure we were comfortable. My dad also wanted to keep our first dance song a secret, and Freddie did not spill the beans which shows what a loyal friend he is! One of my friends ended up booking him for her wedding too shortly after. Thanks Freddie for making our special day so incredible, we will not forget!!!!!

Sent on 09/24/2020
  • Allison

Allison · Married on 10/12/2019

Dan is the Man!

Dan of Musical DJ's was a true pleasure to work with. From first booking, to our many check-in calls, to his performance on our wedding day, it was all top notch service. Dan is a professional musician and knows his craft well. We had a bagpiper for our processional and recessional and Dan worked with him to make sure all was on track. He did just the right amount of talking/emceeing. He played the perfect songs. At one point I went and asked him what to do because the dance-floor was so packed that people were spilling over into the seating area, haha... it was a good problem to have! My father was particularly impressed with Dan. Thanks, Dan!

Sent on 11/01/2019
  • F

Faith · Married on 10/05/2019

Great experience

DJ Freddie was the best! His energy was unmatched and he kept people dancing the whole night. He was incredible to work with before the event, and everything was so well planned out. Almost a year later, family and friends continue to tell us how impressed they were by DJ Freddie. We cannot recommend him and Musical DJs & Event Lighting enough!

Sent on 09/03/2020

Brianne · Married on 08/31/2019

DJ Freddie B is the best DJ!

We had the most amazing experience with Musical DJs . Initial conversations with Dan were very thorough and he was extremely responsive. We had requested DJ Freddie B based on a recommendation from a family member and I am so glad we did. DJ Freddie delivered! He had everyone out on the dance floor all night. His energy really sets the tone for the night and he even joined us out on the dance floor for a few songs. We still have people coming up to us saying how awesome the music was. I would highly recommend!

Sent on 09/26/2019

Nina · Married on 08/30/2019

Best dj ever!

Dan Lamaestra was totally incredible! I can not begin to thank "Dan" for a wonderful job he did at my daughters wedding. Things went so smooth and he was right there making sure we were happy though out the night. The music was great I don't think anyone sat down the whole night.
    Thank you Dan you will be hearing from us again!

Sent on 09/05/2019
  • Kristi

Kristi · Married on 08/10/2019

An excellent DJ experience!

Musical DJs was a perfect fit for us and our wedding needs; at the very beginning we had a long and informative phone call with Dan Lamaestra, the owner, about the details of our event and its special requirements (having lots of Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing guests, as well as a live band to coordinate with for the ceremony and cocktail hour), which went very smoothly. From that point forward it was one seamless transition after another, from the easy-to-use song selection tool to meeting our actual DJ, Jeremy, who was excellent and worked great with our day-of coordinator. The uplighting, for our Deaf and hearing guests alike, was a big plus. We would recommend Musical DJs without hesitation!

Sent on 08/28/2019

Salvatore A. · Married on 07/14/2019

Wonderful!!

We couldn’t have asked for a better DJ! Dan was attentive to all of our requests, and for the moments we couldn’t come up with the right song, he knew exactly what to play, and when to play it. We highly recommend him for all events. If you are struggling to choose a DJ for your event, stop looking, and hire Dan.

Sent on 07/23/2019
  • Josh

Josh L. · Married on 06/28/2019

High Level Professionalism with Personal Touch!

We couldn't be happier that we decided to go with Dan and Musical DJs & Event Lighting. From the moment when I submitted a request for information to the end of our wedding reception he was extremely professional while being friendly and very helpful. He was full of recommendations and suggestions before the event. During the day of the ceremony and reception he was always making sure we were up to speed with requests, ideas, new options and was very flexible. My wife was wanting the dance floor packed as much as possible and he did a great job with song selection. Amazing vendor and we would recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 07/15/2019

Musical DJs & Event Lighting's reply:

Thanks Josh! This was such a beautiful wedding and you did such a fabulous job with the location and planning. It was a pleasure being a part of it! We wish both of you all the best in your new life together:)
  • Robert

Robert S. · Married on 06/22/2019

Dj freddie b!

My wife and I would highly recommend Musical DJ’s, especially our DJ/MC, Freddie B. We had our initial communication with Dan, who was incredibly friendly and easy to talk to and provided us with detailed information about their services. He was very professional and answered all our questions and concerns in a timely fashion.
    BUT MY MAN FREDDIE B! DJ Freddie is without a doubt the best DJ you can have at your wedding. From our first planning meeting to the last, he went above and beyond to make sure our special day was perfect. He was incredibly detailed and organized through each planning session and shared in our vision for our wedding day.
    Freddie helped organize and gather our guests to take individual photos with us so that they could have an everlasting memory. He worked well with us to create a detailed timeline but was also able to find us pockets of time, so we could enjoy our guests’ company. Freddie also gave pep talks to members of the bridal party to calm and nerves before their speeches! He also did a fantastic job of transitioning to different parts of our ceremony/reception and making sure all our guests were on the same page.
    Once all the speeches and dances were done, Freddie got the dance floor pumping! Based off our planning sessions, he knew exactly which songs and what style of music we wanted, and he did not disappoint! The dance floor was absolutely on fire. After the wedding, all our guests were raving about what a fantastic job he did.
    We are so grateful for the excellent service Freddie provided on our big day. He truly made it a night to remember. He was incredibly passionate about his art and did everything within his power to make sure the day went smoothly. Bottom line, if you are looking for a DJ, Freddie B is your guy. Period.

Sent on 06/27/2019

Erica · Married on 06/15/2019

We LOVED working with DJ Freddie B!!!

We originally decided to go with Musical Djs because they were able to check our boxes without breaking the bank, and because we felt so comfortable talking to Dan when we had our initial consultation. He was very thorough and explained everything to us right from the very beginning. When we found out we had been assigned Freddie as our DJ we were so excited as we had seen all of his rave reviews online...and he proved to live up to all of the hype! Freddie not only was our DJ but was an integral part of our day. He went above and beyond any of our expectations for an MC/DJ. He met with us and took note of not just our music tastes but who we are as a couple. He took every idea we had and made sure it happened...and not only that but was able to give us several awesome ideas we hadn't thought of! He planned everything out from start to finish and met every single one of our requests and more.
    Not only did he play amazing music and prove to be an awesome DJ/MC but he took us into his life personally, getting to know us and our families and keeping up with us even after the wedding.
    We absolutely LOVED working with Freddie B. And would recommend him and Dan and all of Musical DJ's to anyone for any occasion!

Sent on 07/07/2019
  • Kyle

Kyle V. · Married on 05/26/2019

Freddie B!

Our DJ Freddie B is the main reason our wedding went so smoothly and was so much fun! He is a true professional who knows how to engage the crowd, coordinate speeches and soundtracks, and keep the party going! Freddie planned out the night by the minute with us and made sure everything was exactly how we wanted. He suggested the perfect songs for us when we needed advice and came up with some great intros and transitions, keeping the party alive all night! He took initiative to coordinate with the venue staff, photographers, videographer, and guests to make sure everyone had everything they needed. Freddie is a true friend after booking him for two events and genuinely wants the best for his clients. I wouldn’t go with another DJ in the NOVA area.

Sent on 07/01/2019

Rudy R. · Married on 04/13/2019

5 stars. Freddy’s the best!

Amazing DJ! From start to finish Freddy was very professional. He had the party going all night. Super helpful throughout the entire wedding. I’d highly recommend him!

Sent on 08/02/2019