Music Unlimited DJs & Photo Booths Reviews

125 | Grand Ledge, MI

125 Reviews for Music Unlimited DJs & Photo Booths

Laura · Married on 10/06/2012

Our DJ was great! She interacted great with the crowd and played a great variety of music. I had lots of compliments for the variety of music chosen, but it was all the DJ! She kept the dance floor going.
    The owner Steve was really easy to work with. After my mother in law decided to make her own Mother Son mix he worked to make sure it would play for her.
    We would work with this DJ again they were great!

Sent on 10/24/2012

Great DJ!! Definately would recoommend to everyone!

Sent on 10/08/2012

Jamie · Married on 09/15/2012

GET THESE GUYS!!!! They are THE BEST! It felt like it was just two good friends doing our dj and photobooth. They were amazing spot on with keeping things light fun, did everything we requested, kept up with emails and calls super supportive if we needed anything to call. There photo booth was SOO much fun the best money we have spent! They were so nice to our guests and so attentive with helping them with ALL i mean ALLLL of there so funny and cute props! Didnt matter if 1 or 9 were going in he was like oh yah we can fit you guys lets do it! And Steve the Dj played so a good variety people danced until the very end. So reasonably priced. If you chose someone else you are missing out because my wedding would not have been the same with out them!

Sent on 09/16/2012

Laura · Married on 09/08/2012

Music Unlimited did a great job of providing their services for our wedding. Our DJ, Betsy, catered to not only our needs, but was also very attentive to the crowd. She organized music in a fashion that kept the crowd on the dance floor until the end of the night. It was definitely a fun reception and we have heard nothing but good comments from those in attendance about what a fun time they had. It was a night we will never forget.

Sent on 09/18/2012

Laura · Married on 09/02/2012

Great Price, Great Service! Music Unlimited was one of the best choices we made for our wedding. Steve and his staff were extremely professional and provided both DJ services and photo booth for our wedding. Steve was an awesome DJ and played great music that our guests loved. All our guests loved the photo booth and they even sent us home with a great scrapbook of all the photo booth pictures.

Before the wedding, Music Unlimited asked all the questions about timing/songs that were needed and the evening ran perfectly because of their expertise. Steve even helped us surprise my parents with an anniversary dance.

Overall Music Unlimited is a great value and great service and we are so glad they were a part of our wedding day.

Sent on 10/02/2012

Steve and his attendant Russ were phenomenal. We were so impressed by their professionalism and had SUCH a great time at our reception. Steve checked in with us a few times throughout the night, but mostly, he took the reigns! It was so nice not to worry about anything! The music was great and he has a great DJ voice and presence. I highly recommend the photobooth. They provide tons of props and a memory book for the couple. They are a great team and certainly have my vote!

Erika · Married on 07/28/2012

Steve was GREAT to work with! He was always extremely professional, and emailed or called me back within hours! He was very flexible as we were planning our wedding from out of town, and he even played our customized dinner set list that my husband and I chose! He kept our friends and family dancing all night, and had some great ideas for keeping the party going! As for the value, I couldn't find a better price for what Steve is willing and fully able to offer. He made our night truly special, and we had a blast!

Sent on 08/25/2012

Alyssa · Married on 07/21/2012

Music Unlimited provided the DJ and Photobooth for our wedding, and they did a fantastic job! Steve was our DJ and he was so easy to work with. He called us a couple weeks before to make sure he could pronounce everyones names, and it was details like this that really made the difference. He was constantly smiling and checked in with us throughout the night to make sure things were running how we wanted. He provided the perfect balance of guidance and control such that we felt that we didn't have to do anything but that it was still going according to our plans. The Photobooth assistant was also great, managing the line and making sure everyone got a turn, and the memory book we got from it is such a great keepsake! Our guests raved about how much fun they had with all of the props. We couldn't have asked for a better experience!

Rebecca · Married on 06/30/2012

I had the time of my LIFE at my reception! The music was great, I was on the floor all night. I gave our DJ, Betsy, a list of about 30 "must-play" songs, and left the rest up to her. What a blast! She knew exactly what kind of stuff we were into and was an expert at reading the crowd. She even came on the dance floor with us for a couple of songs, and the crowd loved it! The owner Steve was great to work with prior to the event. He was very knowledgeable as far as first dance songs, parents songs etc. and gave us good suggestions where needed. The evening flowed smoothly and I feel this was largely in part to the disc jockey- Betsy knew what was supposed to happen when, and she was ready for it. I didn't have to worry about a thing. From the grand entrance to the cake cutting, to the toasts and first dances, everything went off without a hitch. We also went with the photo booth, which was a huge hit with the crowd. The scrap book with the photos from that night is a very nice keepsake. Our photo booth attendant Lee was very professional and got along great with the guests. It was the best night of my life!

Sent on 08/12/2012

Amanda · Married on 06/24/2012

Everything was great. We had Music Unlimited do DJ and Photobooth Services. They worked with on the price, did a great job with little guidance from me, managed my family's requests and were overall willing to go with the flow with us. Great follow up and communication too.

Sent on 08/20/2012

Steve is the owner of Music Unlimited, and he is a consummate professional. He was on time, dressed perfectly, and was very courteous and attentive to ours and our guests requests. He played all the music we requested, some at very exact times. He advised us on how things should run, and played his part flawlessly. He found our wedding song for us, another thing we shall never forget. He did his work for a reasonable amount, and did not sweat any of the small details. We felt from the beginning he would be very good, and we were only a little wrong. He was so much better than very good. We would recommend him to anyone who is interested in a wonderful party and needs a top notch emcee and DJ. The two clients we spoke to about Steve before we hired him said he is the best, get him. We did just that, and we are thankful to be so lucky to have found him as part of our celebration.

Sent on 08/18/2012

Elizabeth · Married on 11/05/2011

We just loved having Music Unlimited DJ our wedding reception! Because we had a destination wedding, the reception in Lansing was a little different than a regular wedding event. They really pulled the night together, and helped the atmosphere feel like a big party for our guests even without the formality of the reception traditions. All of our guests really loved the dinner music. The lighting was fantastic. And, they were able to change up the music throughout the evening to accomodate everyone's favorite tunes. We had a blast!

Sent on 10/30/2012

dina · Married on 03/19/2011

After looking long and hard for a DJ with a professional attitude and fair price, I was extremely glad I found Music Unlimited. I spoke with many DJ services prior to speaking with Steve at Music Unlimited only to find myself frustrated and discouraged due to the others lack of professionalism. My father was a DJ when I was growing up so my expectations for a DJ were high. I was 35 years old when getting married and wanted everything perfect for my wedding!! After talking with Steve in length on our first phone call, he immediately put my mind at ease. He was very professional, listened to all my concerns and answered all my questions over the phone. He offered to meet with me in person if needed and assured me that he would make my wedding an enjoyable one. I hired him and am so THANKFUL I did.
    I married July 16, 2005 and the reception was held Riverside Country Club in Battle Creek Michigan. It was a very stormy afternoon when Steve and his staff arrived to set up for our reception. The rain was coming down in buckets and they got very wet getting their equipment from the truck to the banquet hall. I never heard one complaint from him or his staff. Instead he made contact with my master and mistress of ceremony to make sure everything was going as planned and was on time. She proceeded to give him my “agenda” which included times and activity for every event during the reception. He accepted this with open arms and once again assured us, things would be fine: despite the horrible weather.
    He was even open to the joke we wanted pull on our guests prior to our Bride and Groom dance. This was both my husband and my second wedding so we wanted to Steve to play the song “opps I did it again” by Britney Spears as we took the main floor. We then asked him to “play it off” like it was a mistake. We didn’t want guest to realize we had it planned all along. He did awesome and the guest loved it.
    It was a priceless moment! During the reception, he played ALL our requests and our dance floor was full all the time!! He was very conscious about making sure we were happy but most of all, that our guest were having fun. The night went fantastic and even my dad, the ex-DJ whom is very hard to impress thanked Steve and his staff for a job well done.
    Since that day, I have actually referred Music Unlimited to three other couples getting married. (Yes they hired him and was glad they did)
    Recently, my son was married on March 19, 2011 and yes, we HIRED MUSIC UNLIMITED ONCE again. We were not disappointed as they delivered perfection like always.
    We also hired the PHOTO BOOTH in which Music Unlimited offers. I wasn’t sure how it was going to go with our guest but to my surprise, it was the HIT of the reception. Everyone had fun and thought is was an excellent idea! The attendant who assisted with the photo booth made everyone feel comfortable. He even got my 82 year old grandmother to go into the booth. The one thing I loved about the photo booth is we got pictures of almost all the guest who came to the reception. Some in which I didn’t even realize were present until I looked at the pictures the next day. The scrap book idea was a wonderful way to send the bride and groom a personal message of well wishes and forever happiness. The best picture of all from the photo booth was one of my son and his wife’s best friend in which passed away unexpected two days after the reception. He was 19 years young with a bright future ahead of him. Life is to short and you can never turn back the clock to get those timeless moments captured on film. We are very thankful we were able to get a few more picture of him; without the photo booth we would have lost those priceless memories forever.
    I would like to Thank Music Unlimited; Steve and his staff for another job well done! There is no doubt that when I need a DJ or photo booth again, you will be my first and ONLY CHOICE!!

Sent on 04/06/2011

Laura · Married on 10/25/2008

Steve was a fantastic DJ and MC! He was very thorough, going over the list of songs with us several times before the wedding day. This put us at ease, as we were planning our wedding in Michigan from Virginia. He told us early enough when he didn't have certain songs so we could send them to him, and helped us time our first dance so that our wedding party could join us at the end. The music he played had everyone happy through dinner and bouncing off the walls during the dancing! Oh, we even had our friends Irish jigging by the end of the night: fabulous!

Sent on 01/24/2009

Lily · Married on 10/12/2008

Great music and MC!

Sent on 11/06/2008

Elizabeth · Married on 06/27/2015

I was extremely nervous about hiring a DJ for our reception. Everyone knows that a DJ can make or break your wedding/reception. We were so glad that we decided to have Steve Thelen DJ our reception. From the very start he was affordable, professional, and very accommodating. He made sure to have all of the songs that we wanted, to make our night special. We heard nothing but good things from our guests! Steve also helped everything stay on schedule throughout the evening. He is also awesome at reading the crowd and knowing exactly what to play. Our guests also loved the photo booth! It was so much fun, and the attendant was very helpful and accommodating throughout the entire evening. Our reception couldn't have been more fun! If you still haven't found a DJ or photo booth, go with Music Unlimited! You won't regret it!

Sent on 08/06/2015

Mike and Erin · Married on 06/20/2014

Steve did a fantastic job at our wedding. He was very receptive and flexible for the type of music we wanted played. Rather than going for a more generic playlist, we had every song we wanted played typed out on a spreadsheet with our certain specials which we emailed to him--an he played it just like we imagined! The ''40s dinner music was awesome and at a great volume--not too soft you couldn't hear it but not too loud that you had to scream over it. The same for the dance portion of the evening (louder than dinner but not so loud you had a headache). The announcing was great--we had an anniversary dance he did a marvelous job with our great-grandparents and lots of other couples to dance to. We would highly recommend him for any other event, and we would have hime do any other event we needed.

Sent on 07/02/2014

Gretchen · Married on 07/27/2013

My DJ Betsy did everything in her power to make sure I had fun and that the party kept going as long as possible. She was flexible with things I wanted and responded well to changes in the energy, like when people started leaving. It was great to not have to worry about what was happening because I knew she was on top of it. Plus she even joined us on the dance floor!

Sent on 08/17/2013

Leanne · Married on 06/29/2013

Steve was a excellent to work with he really helped customize my daughters music choices which many were quite difficult to find. He sent drew as our dj who did an awesome job!!!! we were able to talk throughout dinner with music in background , so many weddings we have attended over the years the music was way to loud during dinner. We also rented the photo booth which was a huge hit with all the guest, definatly worth the extra cost. I would highly recommend Steve and his crew to anyone planning a wedding!!,

Sent on 07/07/2013

We used Music Unlimited for DJ services and Photo Booth services. Steve was very attentive to every need I had throughout my planning process. Betsy was our DJ at the event and she kept the party going. The dance floor was full at all times and she was good with mixing some of our request in while also taking request from the guest. The photo booth was a lot of fun and I can't wait to get the disk with everyone's photos. I would highly recommend them for any event!

Sent on 06/17/2013

They were great! There was only a few mess ups but we were able to work through it.

I do have to say that a few of my guests did complain about not being able to hear the music. My husband was sort of mad that our garder removal song wasn't exactly what it was supposed to be. But all in all we were very happy with them.

Sent on 12/23/2012
  • Natosha

Natosha · Married on 06/23/2012

Steven was also quick to respond to any of my questions whether thru email or phone. Our DJ was on time, introduced herself as soon as she found me, and handled everything without needing anything from me. She played majority of the songs we wanted and also did the timeline as I had asked exactly, she also did a really great job MCing our event as well.

Sent on 07/10/2012

Allyson · Married on 06/19/2010

Steve was a great DJ and actually called days before the wedding to confirm that he was pronouncing names of our bridal party correctly, which I thought was sweet.
    We did have some complaints that he wasn't playing songs that were requested by guests, but we had fun and were oblivious to this during the wedding. I think he was doing the best he could and maybe just had lots of requests (guests get carried away sometimes).

My only con would be that when my husband and I left our reception, Steve followed us and had us go into the next ballroom to meet his daughter who was DJing another wedding there. Like I said, I think he's a very nice man and just wanted us to meet his daughter, but let's be honest it was a long day and we had other things on our mind at that time. :)

All in al,l we really enjoyed Steve and his DJ service. It's kind of nice to have more of a small town guy provide services instead of these big hoopla, showy businesses sometimes, and this was one of those times. We would definitely recommend him to others.

Sent on 12/30/2010

robert · Married on 10/24/2009

Working with Steve was very easy - his professional attitude and very importantly his timely response to questions/requests was a welcomed respite to a otherwise hectic event.He was particularly helpful with the playing of the traditional Tarentella for the Italian wedding dance.As a result of my experience I have just confirmed Steve for my daughters wedding on 5-21-11 at an outdoor reception at MSU gardens.Steve has again demonstrated his ability to meet our needs and I would give him an unqualified thumbs up. Thanks Again!!

Sent on 04/05/2011
  • ERTobey

Erin · Married on 07/12/2008

3.8
      3.0
      3.0

The only negative about this vendor, is that because I didn't meet with him in person, he sent another person to DJ my wedding reception. I had sent the DJ a list of songs that I def. wanted played and hardly heard any of them.

Sent on 07/29/2008