Music by Bonnie & Company Reviews

Music by Bonnie & Company 3
  • Allison

Allison · Getting married on 10/05/2019

Perfect DJ Experience

We are so happy that we hired Bonnie to be our DJ for our wedding! We spoke with her on the phone prior to booking her and knew it would be a perfect fit. We got married in our backyard so it wasn't a typical wedding venue set up but Bonnie made sure that everything went perfectly, including a microphone for the officiant and during speeches, set up for our family member to play his guitar when I walked down the aisle, and smooth transitions from ceremony to cocktail hour to the reception. She really honored the music and vibe that we requested and wanted at our wedding. The dance floor was packed all night and and the music selection was perfect. Bonnie definitely made the night and I would recommend her in a heartbeat!!

Sent on 09/02/2019
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 07/13/2019

Absolutely the Best

There is a reason why Bonnie is so highly rated and I am so thankful we had the pleasure of working with her for our wedding! You can be as involved in the song selection process as much as you want but we decided to just pick the songs for the important moments and sprinkled a few of our favorites to dance to during the reception. From that list she completely got a sense of what our taste was in music and we couldn't have been happier with how she handled the rest of the songs. She reads the crowd to see how guests are enjoying what is being played and caters to their likes (as far as adding more slow songs or keeping the dance hits coming). I cannot recommend her enough to any couple looking for a DJ for their wedding!

Sent on 08/28/2019

Jesse Goldsmith · Married on 07/10/2019

Wonderful!

Friendly, professional, fun, and helpful. Bonnie was the perfect wedding DJ!

Sent on 09/10/2019
  • Laura

Laura Kovacs · Married on 06/22/2019

Fantastic DJ

We are so happy that we hired Bonnie for our wedding! She was wonderful to work with throughout the planning process, and chose a great mix of songs that kept the dance floor packed all night! She was wonderful at reading the crowd, and really nailed the vibe we were hoping for. We would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a DJ in the Santa Barbara area!

Sent on 09/01/2019
  • Kathleen

Kathleen · Married on 05/18/2019

The Dance Floor Was Packed ALL Night!

Bonnie is THE BEST! Wow. Not enough great things to say about her. She had the perfect balance of all types of music genres (my parents are more oldies style while my husband and I's song is Gangster Paradise to give you a spectrum lol). She was incredibly through and thoughtful about every component of the day and everyone keeps raving about how amazing she was. Also a big thing to note, it RAINED on our wedding day. At the 11th hour we had 15 minutes to move an outdoor ceremony and reception to indoors. She was able to jump in with the rest of the team and it was FLAWLESS. I honestly forgot that we were ever supposed to have it outside. Thank you SO much, Bonnie, for being a part of our dream tea. May Coolio and Maren Morris/Zedd lead you to many more incredible dance parties :)

Sent on 08/28/2019
    Music by Bonnie & Company 5
  • Rayna

Rayna Pardee · Married on 03/08/2019

Best. Dj. Ever.

We chose Bonnie for our wedding DJ, because she was instantly there for us from the very start. Bonnie demonstrated wanting to be a part of our special day in a way that no other dj we interviewed did; Before we had even booked her, she had taken interest in us as a couple, and wanted to dream about the wedding with us, not just know about when and where. She made us feel excited and confident about what was to come. She was outgoing, warm, and totally willing to work with us however we wanted, making time for phone conversations to plan it all. She truly made us feel comfortable and there was absolutely no stress involved. Working with her was easy and fun, she made the whole thing feel like a breeze from start to finish. Not to mention, her premade music lists made picking songs a whole lot easier. Two weeks before the wedding, we had a last minute venue change and Bonnie was flexible and able to adapt. I felt a wave of happiness when she arrived at the venue and knew instantly by looking at her I had made the right decision. I honestly don't think our wedding day would have been the same without her behind the music, the dancefloor was never empty, and the music played all the way up until the send-off. There was even a conga line! Bonnie goes above and beyond wherever she can and we truly appreciated everything she did for us. Book with Bonnie, she is great!!!!

Sent on 08/29/2019
    Music by Bonnie & Company 6

Katie Takade · Married on 12/30/2018

Wedding at El Paseo

Bonnie did such a great job at our wedding! She’s great to work with and helped us with our music choices which was much appreciated!!

Sent on 01/11/2019

Music by Bonnie & Company's reply:

Thanks, Katie! I loved working with you! Hoping married life is treating you well! Cheers to a happily ever after!!
  • Amanda

Amanda Beaudry Yee · Married on 11/17/2018

Great wedding DJ

Bonnie is knowledgable about the SB wedding scene and was so helpful leading up to our wedding day. She had helpful input on timeline and layout ideas in addition to being the expert on sound and DJ stuff. She replys quickly via email and after getting a few quotes she was reasonably priced especially considering the value of her years of experience. She worked with us to make sure the playlists that we had made she was able to access. ONLY problem—the wrong version of our first dance song was played. It was Cant help falling in love by Kina Grannis and there was two versions, we had prepared and practiced to one but the other (super long instrumental intro) was the one that was played. Not a big deal at all in the big picture, but just as a tip to anyone who is using a song that has multiple version, confirm that the correct version is obtained!

Sent on 03/12/2019

Danny Durham · Married on 10/19/2018

Bonnie is the Best

Bonnie's professionalism and attention to detail was impressive. Her experience and commitment to accommodating the bride & groom's requests is her priority

Sent on 11/25/2018
  • Cheryl

Cheryl · Married on 10/13/2018

Bonnie is the absolute best!

My now husband and I hired Bonnie for our wedding last month and we are SO happy we did! Right from the start Bonnie was so professional and very helpful with music selections. We could tell that she really cared about making our wedding very "us" and it truly showed on the actual day! Bonnie ensured our timeline ran smoothly and everything felt seamless. Our guests were on the dance floor till the very end and everyone raved about how much fun they had! If your looking for a DJ in the Santa Barbara area look no further:)

Sent on 11/16/2018
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 10/12/2018

Working with Bonnie and Company is a dream!

We love Bonnie! She really helped make our wedding day great. My husband and I agree that we are sooo happy she was there for us. She set the tone for a great party! The ceremony music was great, too.

Our guests loved the music. The atmosphere it set during dinner was perfect. When it came time for dancing, my husband danced all night, and he is not a dancer. So many guests kept out on the dance floor. We are still getting comments on how great the music was. It really was a great party, and Bonnie and her music were at the heart of it. Her MC moments were also perfect and went exactly how we wanted.

On a more personal note. something about Bonnie's energy makes me really happy. The instant I saw her and we greeted one another, I felt overwhelmed with happiness and confidence. Our phone conversations in preparation for the Big Day were great. We laughed and she answered all my questions and understood the tone we wanted to set.

If you are wondering whether or not you should book Bonnie and Company, I'll answer that question for you right now: DO IT! She will take great care of you, and will do it with much enthusiasm and warmth.

Sent on 10/29/2018
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 10/06/2018

Nonstop dancing!

I first met Bonnie when she was setting up speakers in the Mural Room at the Santa Barbara Courthouse for another wedding. She has a great personality and was very professional. She responded to emails quickly and made the entire planning process easy and stress free.

I had a timeline made for our wedding day and DJ Larry loved it, and stuck to it! The sound in the Mural Room was amazing, and Larry kept everything flowing throughout the ceremony and reception. The guests were dancing all night!

We also rented a photo booth from them, and everyone loved the props and unlimited photos. We got the link to download the photos a few days later and we were enjoying all the photos.

Thank you again Bonnie and DJ Larry!

Sent on 10/27/2018

Taylor Patrick · Married on 09/16/2018

Best recommendation EVER!

The biggest wildcard when I was planning our wedding was who to have as our DJ. Dancing was important for our big day and I was so nervous to trust a stranger to MC our day. Bonnie was recommended to me and I could not be more thankful. She was professional and so kind. As the day approached she was easy to get a hold of and quick to answer any questions. What sold me on Bonnie was my first phone call with her, she said her goal is for guests to know they attended our wedding and it "felt" like us. Because we have all been to those weddings where we remember the DJ more than the couple...and not for good reasons! Our day was perfect and I wouldn't have changed a single thing. She told me her goal and she accomplished it above and beyond. She MC'd the night like a champ and played all the songs we wanted to boogie to. So thankful for her and that her skills will be a part of our fantastic day forever!

Sent on 10/18/2018
  • Todd

Todd Brazda · Married on 09/01/2018

Wonderful experience!!!

Wonderful experience with Music by Bonnie!!! Bonnie was incredibly helpful and easy to communicate with during our initial decision process, and helped us sort through the various decisions around music for our wedding day. We always felt like she understood our requests and really "got us" from the beginning. Melissa was the DJ for our wedding, and despite having not met her in person up to that point, she was incredible! All elements of the music (for the ceremony and reception) were handled flawlessly, and she kept the dance floor going all night (just as we'd asked). Clearly Bonnie does an incredible job getting her team members ready for each gig. We highly recommend using Music by Bonnie for any event!

Sent on 10/25/2018
  • Hillary

Hillary · Married on 09/01/2018

Footloose!

Bonnie came highly recommended by our planner (she DJ'd her wedding when she was first starting out!), and after chatting with her via phone, we were pretty immediately sold. While she was personally booked for our date, she still met with us in person to discuss the day, our goals, and talk through specific song choices and themes. She uses a centralized system so that every person on her team can step in as needed with great results, and she assured us that her colleague Melissa would be amazing. Folks, she was.
    My personal goal was to never leave the dance floor - I joked that's where we would host the receiving line. Mission accomplished. We had people of fall ages on our dance floor the entire night. She was also incredibly responsive to our requests and no-play list, as well as our crowd prompts and announcements (only as many as we requested, and exactly as we wanted). The sound quality during the ceremony and throughout the reception were fantastic, and they worked with our videographer to make sure they were able to capture what they needed, too. Bonnie and her team are top notch, and you can tell they really care about making peoples' events special. Bonnie is also a riot to hang out with and has been doing this for a long time. If you want a fun, professional, and responsive DJ, look no further than Bonnie and her crew.

Sent on 12/05/2018

Music by Bonnie & Company's reply:

Thanks for the amazing post, Hillary! We LOVED working with you, and wish you lived closer! You two were such a blast to work with!

Kimberly · Married on 07/28/2018

SO many amazing things to say about Bonnie and her team! We were fortunate enough to have Music by Bonnie and DJ Melissa as a big part of our wedding. The music was beyond anything we could have ever dreamed of and was just perfect!

Sent on 08/24/2018

Kirsten · Married on 05/04/2018

Bonnie is the best! Me and my now husband are very relaxed people and as such, our wedding was the same all thanks to Bonnie. I had decided to not go with a wedding planner which, as time got closer, I was partially starting to regret. But there was Bonnie to save the day! When trying to figure out which company to go with I decided to call various companies to get a feel of who I felt comfortable with for providing music on my very special day. Granted my selection of companies was limited to three, I still called each of them. The others were helpful but seemed like there would be little interaction, I just decide on what songs I want, give them a list, and that was it. Bonnie on the other hand took great care into helping me have the best time ever and took us into great consideration and looked at getting to know who I was in a short period of time. Every time I contacted her with my many questions, she was super helpful and quick to respond. She sat down with me and went over my expectations and was there to help out in anyway she could. As I said, with no wedding planner, Bonnie took on the role of impromptu wedding planner and set up a schedule with me which made my life and my Wedding day so much easier. The set up was great, clear sound, great music transitions and she took my music choices into consideration, plus the songs I dislike! In addition, she also worked well with the caterers. Thank you so much for everything!

Sent on 05/28/2018

Shana · Married on 04/21/2018

Bonnie is an excellent DJ! We could not have been happier with her services, her personality, and ability to tactfully keep us on track! My husband was concerned about having a DJ at the wedding because he had an assumption that all DJs are the loud, obnoxious, in your face type. Bonnie brings the music to the party not the hype, allowing the guests to remember how great the music was and not how annoying the DJ was. I was concerned that people wouldn't dance and we had people on the dance floor the whole night!! She did an excellent job at reading the crowd and selecting the right songs to keep everyone dancing! We highly recommend Music by Bonnie for your next event!

Sent on 08/29/2018

Hayley · Married on 04/08/2018

Bonnie is one of those people that you feel you've known forever even if you just met her. She is such a great listener and truly makes you feel taken care of. She understands what kind of music you're going for and makes it happen with ease. Thank you Bonnie!

Sent on 04/19/2018

Brianna · Married on 04/07/2018

Bonnie was such a great wedding DJ! She helped put us at ease and met with us beforehand to answer all our questions. On the day of she was awesome at checking in with us, assisting the officiant and coordinator, and she kept us ahead of schedule. She played all of the songs we requested, plus some other good choices as well. I highly recommend her.

Sent on 04/23/2018

Caitlin · Married on 03/24/2018

My husband and I were very impressed with Bonnie from our first phone conversation. She was so helpful and knowledgeable! She guided our decisions throughout the year leading up to the wedding and even offered to help with non-music related questions. We were so pleased with how everything turned out. Everyone at the wedding complimented the music and people were dancing until the last song. I would recommend Bonnie to anyone I know getting married in the area. She was wonderful!

Sent on 04/22/2018

Ashley · Married on 10/07/2017

Music by Bonnie is absolutely the best! Choosing a DJ can be a ‘make or break’ decision, one that determines the overall mood, feel, and participation from the crowd. However, for a wedding that transitions straight into the reception at the same location, having the right person is essential, as perfect sound is required for the ceremony, the transitions, the speeches, announcements, and of course the dancing. For all of this, we wanted a true professional; Bonnie is surely that!

Being out of towners looking for a DJ for our wedding and reception, we were uncertain as to what the experience might hold. From the start, Bonnie was welcoming, asked very thoughtful questions, and was not only interested in learning the specifics of what we were looking for, but was interested in our story and knowing us. We came away feeling as those we had someone that really understood us, knew what we were looking for, and also someone that was going to handle everything, regardless of the curveballs that could be presented. She was ready and had a plan!

Having been doing this for some time, Bonnie knew all the vendors for weddings, and also gave us fantastic references for the other things we were trying to figure out (again being out of towners).

When it came to execution, she was spot on! We had several people that were hard of hearing, so we wanted to make sure the sound was right, especially for the ceremony. For the reception, we wanted and environment where people could talk with one another since so many people traveled from out of town. We still wanted to party though! Bonnie knew just how to create the perfect sound environments to accommodate everything. We couldn’t have been happier.

Sent on 10/29/2017

j · Married on 10/07/2017

THANK YOU so much for making our day so wonderful last week. I wish we could have spoken to Melissa more because she had a great presence and was awesome, and we had friends say the same. The music was absolutely PERFECT, and was really such a special and memorable part of our day. You made our dreams come into fruition! Thank you for also being such a pleasure to work with. Wish we could do it all over again!

Sent on 02/09/2018

Kelly · Married on 09/22/2017

Bonnie was so sweet and professional! She worked with all my requests and was so helpful when it came to us to deciding if we wanted a photobooth or not. Our wedding was amazing thanks to Bonnie.

Sent on 10/31/2017