Music Box Productions, Inc. Reviews

150 | Clinton Township, MI

150 Reviews for Music Box Productions, Inc.

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Karen · Married on 06/07/2014

From the moment I spoke with Kimberly I knew we were going to have a great experience. She was very professional, informative, and organized. Andrea and Aaron were the two DJ's at the reception. A time line was prepared in advance with the Bride and Groom. Andrea and Aaron kept us on track, made all the necessary announcements and guests danced right up till midnight when the party ended. We can't thank Music Box Productions enough for making our wedding reception a special and memorable night.

Sent on 06/19/2014

Tiffany · Married on 05/31/2014

Highly recommend joe from music box! He was great in picking a great selection of music for all ages and made the event flow incredibly smoothly with catering and toasts. We had an amazing time in large part to him and his assistant :)

Sent on 06/09/2014

Finding a really good DJ is hard work!! But after hours of searching I came across MBP and was quite impressed! I emailed them, and they got back to me immediately with a great deal for what you get! We met with Fletcher at two different times during the planning process. Each time he spent TWO HOURS with us - asking questions, getting to know us, listening to music, and just having a good time! He was fun and professional - NOT at all cheesy which I was terrified of getting (as I've seen many a awkward cheesy DJs at weddings). He made us feel so comfortable!! :) The day of the wedding was a grand success! Fletcher and Chris ran everything SO smoothly that I didn't have to worry about a thing! Fletcher listened to our requests, and helped me and my groom out with little things like making sure we had drinks or finding our parents to ask them questions for us! It was SO much better than I had even hoped for! The dance party was FANTASTIC, the music was awesome and fun, the lighting was great, the vibe was so cool. The night was an absolute blast, and it was all due to Music Box!!! I DEFINITELY recommend them as your top pick for a DJ!

Sent on 06/13/2014
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 05/17/2014

For our May wedding we decided to use music box because they came very highly recommended by one our friends, We can see why now. We worked with Rod who was very helpful with everything even recommending songs and how our wedding party would walk out. He made us feel more at ease during the whole night and made us laugh as well. Couldn't of imagined using any other company!

Sent on 08/05/2014

Emily · Married on 05/16/2014

Music Box was a great company to work with. Their planning website was great and during the event the DJs really helped to keep the event moving.

Sent on 06/01/2014

Linda · Married on 04/05/2014

They were very easy to work with and extremely professional. They think of everything and plan for it to make sure that your special day goes off without a hitch. I had no worries that day since I knew they were on the job. Great service. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 05/29/2014

Amanda · Married on 01/04/2014

Music Box was by far one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. We worked with Rod, Kim and Fletcher along the way and their customer service is unlike any other — they were amazing, so kind and just awesome! Eric and Aron were our DJs and they rocked the house! Their energy was fantastic and our entire reception loved them! We received compliments all evening about them — even having some of single friends ask about them so they could book them when they get married down the road! Aron even got out on the dance floor to help boost the energy — he even had a dance-off with our little nephew who was shy until Aron approached him. They gave us so many memories that night that we will never forget. Eric and Aron were quite the team and we were beyond excited with the night. They both have a knack for what they do and anyone who books with Music Box will not be disappointed. We look forward to throwing another party in the future just so we can call them up again!

Sent on 01/22/2014

Caitlyn · Married on 12/31/2013

Our guests had an excellent time at our wedding, thanks to the DJ. The dance floor was full the entire night, and the party lasted all the way until midnight. This was very important to us, because we had a New Year's wedding. The DJ did an excellent job selecting songs throughout the night. He kept the party going for the younger crowd without playing music that was inappropriate or embarrassing. The DJ was also very good at making announcements and keeping our guest informed and involved.

Sent on 01/20/2014

Michelle · Married on 11/16/2013

Joe was great. He kept the party going and played everything we wanted him to. When we first arrived he was getting us appetizers and such while we hung out in the bridal suite. Great job music box company. Thank you!

Sent on 11/20/2013

These guys were great! Very prepared an experienced. We chose Rod Burnette for our DJ and he had our guests dancing all night.

Sent on 12/01/2013

shelley · Married on 09/28/2013

Music Box Productions, and specifically our DJ, Dante were absolutely amazing. They made the event! We gave him a large list of our favorite artists and he made our event feel so "us" and was also really helpful with picking all the music for each little part (cake cutting, ceremony pieces, etc.)

Just absolutely the best DJ company around for sure! I don't think you could go wrong with any of their DJs

Sent on 10/15/2013

Kristina · Married on 09/06/2013

Our DJ was Rod and all I can say is this man saved our lives! Our original DJ flaked on us a month before the wedding and even though he was originally going to take the night off Rod stepped in and saved the day after a panicked phone call. It was a blessing in disguise though, as we can’t imagine having a better DJ for our wedding! They were able to accommodate our crazy busy schedule and do all planning via Skype and phone calls, which was great! The night of the wedding Rod kept our dance floor packed all night long! He read our crowd perfectly and always knew just what song to play. My guests are all still raving about him and friends that are getting married in the future keep asking who our DJ was because they loved him. I would recommend this company to any and all future brides and grooms they were amazing!!!

Sent on 09/27/2013

Travis · Married on 08/24/2013

Our DJ from Music Box, Joe, had an uncanny ability to read the crowd to play just the kind of music that they were looking for at the time. The whole thing was incredibly professional from start to end. This is the second time my new family has used Music Box and I would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 08/29/2013

Regan · Married on 08/24/2013

Joe was our DJ and he did a FANTASTIC job!!! Music Box also helped me make any last minute changes all the way up until the day before without hesitation. Joe did such a great job keeping us on schedule with the speeches and all the first dances. He had us dancing all the way until the end of the night! He read the crowd do well and played exactly what they wanted to hear. They also made announcements for whatever we asked of them and it was fabulous!
    My brother used Music Box Productions at his wedding in 2009 and they did a fantastic job then as well.
    I highly recommend them for anyone that has a wedding coming up, you will not be disappointed!!!

Sent on 09/04/2013

jessica · Married on 08/24/2013

Rod is a true professional. He worked closely with all of our vendors (Jazz Band, Wedding Coordinator, Venue and Photographer) and kept the reception going at a very smooth pace. Because we had a "non-traditional" reception with strolling stations at a jazz club we were worried about the flow. Rod helped us with the timing of the limited traditions that we did incorporate (cutting of the cake, formal dances) and the night did not skip a beat. The music between the band sets was very appropriate and as soon as the formal dances were over he kept the entire wedding on the dance floor for the rest of the night! There was never a "clear the floor" song played. The music selection and transition was amazing. He knows how to read a crowd and there is NOTHING hokey about him. Thanks MBP making our wedding such a success!

Sent on 09/14/2013

dolly · Married on 08/19/2013

We choose Music Box for our DJ services (ceremony, cocktail hour, & reception music). Fletcher (our DJ) & the office were extremely nice to work with throughout the planning process. We had loads of compliments on the Motown music theme from our friends and members of my parent's generation too. Fletcher did a really good job listening to the type of music we wanted. Some guest complained (to my parents) their song requests were not taken (not sure if their requests were lame or what happened there). My cousin did request a Black Eye Peas song that had already been played and Fletcher asked if he could play it again. I think we were all so excited we could have danced to that same song all night. The dance floor and the bar were slammed all night. Fletcher didn't really have to interact with the guest/ encourage them to dance because our guests are dancers. He did make some announcements we requested. My groom & I were very happy with the music we heard & the service we received.

Sent on 09/23/2013

We had a WONDERFUL experience with Music Box Productions. Kim and all the other office staff were extremely friendly and helpful. They knew exactly what time of atmosphere we were looking for on our wedding day. Our DJ Eric did a great job keeping the party going all night long. He came to the wedding looking very professional and really got the crowd involved. We did not have to worry about timing of speeches, garter toss or anything else, he had it all covered. Our dance floor was packed the entire night, which is exactly what we wanted! Our friends and family had a wonderful time and we could not have asked for anything more!

Sent on 06/09/2013

Aaron · Married on 02/09/2013

I couldn't have asked for a better DJ!! Honestly if I could give them 10 stars I would!!

Speaking on the phone with Fletcher (our DJ) a few times, we set up a meeting at their office and went over the type of wedding style that we are having along with some ideas. Then a month prior to the wedding, we had another meeting to give him an idea on what kind of music, let alone any songs that we wanted played.

The day of the wedding, WOW what can I say! Fletcher handled everything! He was on top of everything to when speeches started to when it's time to cut the cake. I didn't have to worry about anything! He really lifted the weight off my shoulders!

I had so many of my guests tell me during the wedding what amazing music he's playing! He kept people on the dance floor ALL NIGHT!

I know I shouldn't say this, but if I ever need to get married again...Music Box is going to be the first vendor I call!

Sent on 02/26/2013

Brittany · Married on 01/26/2013

Music Box Productions was recommended to us by our wedding planner because of her great experience with the company. Our DJ, Fletcher Price was the best DJ anybody could ask for! We met with several DJs before deciding to go with Fletcher. Other places told us how they normally do weddings and what order of songs they typically play, and we were a little disappointed that we didn't get a lot of say in the process. We have been to weddings where the DJ plays songs from a certain genre that he normally likes, and after awhile, the dance floor empties and no one wants to dance. We really wanted to have a great party and Fletcher was the first DJ to actually listen to what we wanted and he definitely delivered an extremely memorable and fun night. Our dance floor was so full at times that people were dancing between tables nearby and the floor was never empty the entire night! It was exactly the kind of party we wanted for our reception. He was also extremely professional in handling different situations that might arise. We have a problem with our bridal party dance, and he played it off like everything was happening like we wanted it too and was really cool about the whole thing. I would highly recommend Music Box Productions for everybody's events, especially Fletcher!

Sent on 02/14/2013

Alexa · Married on 11/24/2012

I hired Music Box because I read so many 5 Star Reviews on their DJ services, and now I know why! I was able to personally select my DJ (Joe), and then meet with him to discuss song preferences and details. I was very happy that Joe honored my "must plays" and "do not play" song lists. Also, Music Box was able to work with my live musicians to make sure everyone had the equipment they needed so that my musicians could plug into the DJ speakers. Everything went so smoothly. If you are looking for a DJ you don't need to be stressed out about and still get an amazing service, Music Box is the way to go! Everyone loved the music and people danced till the end of the night!

Sent on 12/10/2012
  • Tina

Tina · Married on 09/23/2012

Rod and his crew helped make our wedding night the most memorable of our lives, everyone loved all the music, we got lots of compliments from our guests. Tony & I never danced so much in our whole existence!

Sent on 11/06/2012

We had a wonderful experience with our DJ Fletcher. He helped us to plan the perfect mi of songs to keep our guests shaking it until 1am! Even my 86 year old grandmother was cuttin a rug out on the dance floor!

Sent on 10/03/2012

MusicBox was AMAZING!! We got so many good comments from guests about the variety of music that was played (fitting for all guests), and the dance floor was full all night. We know that people truly had fun at our wedding, and that's what's most important to us. I love that our DJ worked with us to figure out our style, but also played close attention to the requests from the guests and played to make everyone happy. Joe (our DJ) was also really helpful during our consultation with helping us choose songs for the parts we weren't sure about. And during the reception he worked with our other vendors and us (photographer, etc) to keep everything on time, which we appreciated. The customer service at Music Box throughout the whole process was great.

Sent on 08/17/2012

Katherine · Married on 06/22/2012

Musicbox Productions was awesome! Joe and Smoky were our DJs and they were the best. Fletcher was very patient and helpful with downloading all the songs we needed. They played everything we asked for. It was a great night and a lot of fun. Joe is a great MC as well.

Sent on 09/09/2012

Megan · Married on 06/02/2012

I cant say enough good things about MBP. The service was amazing. I worked with Fletcher from start to finish. It was the first vendor that we booked because we didnt want to miss out. He also did my brothers wedding.

Fletcher made the planning process more than easy. As a busy bride, I could hardley make it to that side of town so we picked songs over the phone. He was very flexible & always quick to respond with my emails. Thats the best when I worked long hours and email was my way of communication with my vendors.
    Let me just say that I gave the control to him about the music. I gave him of few examples of what we liked and the reception was a hit. My friends and family had an awesome time dancing and the floor was always filled. Him and his assistant knew what to play and when to keep the crowd having fun. He was great, always checking on us seeing if we needed anything and just kept the flow of the recpetion going.

We also ordered a monogram light from MBP and it was awesome. It made the look of the wedding. It gave the room that little extra and looks great in all of our pictures.

I highly recommend MBP. We are so lucky to have them be apart of our wedding. They are a great company to work with, they will make your planning process easy and flawless and will do everything they can to make you and your guests have a great time !

Sent on 08/23/2012