Murrieta's Well Reviews

22 | Livermore, CA

22 Reviews for Murrieta's Well

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Allison · Married on 07/14/2018

Murrieta's Well was my dream wedding venue. When we first got engaged, I was looking at pictures on pinterest and every picture I pinned ended up being different shots of THIS venue! The venue is so romantic and photographs so well. Friends who had gotten married recently had seemed so stressed during the whole process - my now husband is French, so I was also nervous about incorporating two cultures. Tricia Craig made the planning process a breeze. One of the nicest elements of this venue is that things like tables, certain linens, glasses, etc. are included, which removed a ton of stress. Friends and family called me "Bride-chilla," but it's only because of the amazing people at Wente.

The day of, I couldn't believe how amazing everything looked. Stephanie was my day-of coordinator and Camille was the banquet/events manager, and they could not have done a better job. Guests told us (both French and American) that it was the most beautiful wedding they'd ever seen with the best food. French people raved about the wine. I would recommend the venue to anyone - our wedding was a dream.

Sent on 07/16/2018
  • Ania

Ania · Married on 09/26/2015

This is such a beautiful venue! We and our guests loved how quaint and private the location was versus other locations in the vicinity. The service was phenomenal, Wente staff is hands down on top of all guests and especially the Bride and Groom! every time we finished a drink, our bartender had one ready for us, and one of the staff members seemed like they were directly assigned just to us! They made us feel so special!

Sent on 11/10/2015

Karen · Married on 08/30/2015

I loved Murrieta's Well! Originally, my husband was the one pushing for this venue and I wasn't envisioning it... we viewed it in the middle of a weekday, when nothing was decorated, and I was worried that the cement walls felt too stark or cold. But I gave in, because it was a much better value than the other Napa winery we were considering, and I'm so glad I did! Once decorated, it was perfectly elegant and romantic, and just slightly rustic... exactly what I was going for with a winery wedding. Not to mention, the staff was wonderful. The food was delicious (I'm normally not a big fan of mass-produced wedding food... no matter how well intentioned, it never seems to turn out that great. However, our food was incredible - our steaks tasted like they came from a high-end steakhouse). The servers were quick and friendly and the coordinators made it very easy on me. Tricia, was the pre-wedding coordinator, and since this was a destination wedding for us (I live in Miami), I really appreciated her responsiveness to emails, and always making herself available for me when I needed her. And Jessica, our day-of coordinator, made sure everything went perfectly on my big day - I never had to worry about a thing, I just sat back and enjoyed myself! I'm so grateful to the team at MW for all their hard work, and would recommend the venue to anyone - our wedding was perfect!

Sent on 09/13/2015

Shannon · Married on 06/25/2015

What a gorgeous location for a wedding!! I am a professional wedding planner in Chicago, and as a wedding gift to my first cousin I remotely planned her June destination wedding. We went with Murrieta's Well, based on it's beautiful location, fantastic dinner packages, and superior service. It couldn't have been a more pleasant experience!! Tricia helped us with everything, from menu planning to scheduling details, to vendor recommendations. I would recommend Wente Vineyards and Murrieta's Well to anyone looking for a beautiful location for an intimate and delicious celebration!

Sent on 09/30/2015

Stephanie · Married on 05/31/2015

Getting married at Murrieta's Well was something that I had decided on back before I even had a groom! I've always loved the ambiance of this winery, and knew it would be the perfect place to have a wedding. So, needless to say once I did get engaged, I didn't have to look far or hard for my venue. I was pleasantly surprised with the cost, I felt it was pretty reasonable for everything that you get. Since Murrieta's Well is owned by Wente, you get the benefits of Wente food for dinner. Nobody complains about Wente food, it is so delicious! We even completely customized our hors d'oeuvres to a fancier version of home cooked foods (mac and cheese bites, beef sliders, french fries, and bite sized chicken and waffles); the food was a hit! Our wedding cake came with the wedding package, and it was gorgeous and delicious. The wedding package also comes with a wedding planner, who was super helpful. I'm an extremely organized person, and she was always there for me answering my questions or dealing with any concerns I might have. All in all, we were very happy with our venue choice and I would not have changed anything about it. The day turned out perfectly.

Sent on 01/17/2016

We loved having our wedding at Murrieta's Well! The staff was very accommodating and we couldn't have asked for better service!

Sent on 01/14/2015

The staff at Murrieta's Well from the sales director Tricia to the wait staff were very friendly, accommodating, and professional. They are just so easy to work with and pleasant to boot. The setting is just perfect for a wedding of 100 people lending an intimacy with a sense of spaciousness.

The only minor drawback is that the bathrooms are upstairs, but no one minded climbing up a short flight of stairs.

There's plenty of parking for the guests.

Best of all, the site is set amid the vineyards with no other adjacent buildings. As you wind up the driveway, you come upon this jewel and it sets a magical tone for weddings and receptions.

We couldn't have been more pleased with the result.

Sent on 05/29/2013
  • Jacqueline

Jacqueline · Married on 08/13/2011

The staff at Murrieta's Well made our wedding a dream come true! They were very flexibile with the reception start time since we had our ceremony at a nearby church. The food and venue were amazing! They did a great job setting up the reception and the transition from Tricia at the sales office to Dana, our day of coordinator, was seemless! We couldnt have asked for a more beuatiful reception. Our guests have been raving about the food and the venue for weeks now!

Sent on 08/30/2011
  • starbelly

Liz · Married on 05/22/2010

We just had our wedding here on May 22! It is the most beautiful location ever! All our guests were raving and still are about how gorgeous the setting was!
    We loved the old stone and wood in the barrel room and how it felt so rustic and was so private and remote. The Sales Manager I worked with up until the wedding was Tricia Craig, she was AMAZING! So responsive and always eager to answer my questions and help me out! I seriously don't know what I would have done without her!

The day of coordinator is different which I was kind of worried about.
    But when I met Jessica Hahn at the Rehearsal, I knew we were in good hands. She was very nice but also assertive which I needed with our 12 people wedding party!
    I did a lot of the decor myself so I gave her boxes and boxes of stuff to put around and she did an amazing job picking areas that I would have never thought of. Everything just came out beautifully!

The food and cake was also amazing! This is all feedback from my guests since the bride doesn't get to eat much.

I have not one single complaint about this venue! I would recommend it to anyone and everyone wanting a romantic, private, quaint place to get married at.

Sent on 06/10/2010

Donna · Married on 10/17/2010

Our wedding day was nearly perfect thanks to the staff at Murrieta's Well. Nina made sure that everything went smoothly, even though I was panicking because it was raining. She was able to switch our indoor ceremony to outdoor as soon as we told her to move the chairs. The food was delicious and the wait staff was amazing.

We worked with Heather in the sales office and then Candi once Heather went on maternity leave. Candi was amazing and helped us plan our day perfectly.

Sent on 10/22/2010

Cara · Married on 09/10/2011

This winery is amazing! I just had my wedding here and I can not say enough about Murrieta's Well! From the detailed planning with Heather to the day-of coordination with Ashley, this place is top notch! The food was delicious and the cake was raved about by everyone! Of course you can't beat the venue itself, it is gorgeous! Our entire day was just perfect, if we could do it all again next weekend I wouldn't hesitate to pick Murrieta's Well! Everyone had a blast and could not stop gushing about everything!

Sent on 09/28/2011

Suzie · Married on 05/03/2008

Murrieta's Well is a wonderful venue for that unique rustic barn-like feel. It offers a beautiful and intimate setting with a barrel room and outdoor dance floor. I couldn't imagine a more perfect setting for our special day!

Sent on 06/18/2008

Shannon · Married on 10/18/2007

The staff at Murrieta's Well was wonderful - We had many little requests on how each detail should play out on our day of, and each on was executed very well on the day of! Although we didn't get our original coordinator on the day of our wedding, Lisa (I believe was her name) was wonderful, she keep everything running smoothly and I felt at no moment like I had any reason to take the reins from her.

All in all, the food service and ambiance was wonderful!

Sent on 07/31/2008

Patricia · Married on 08/16/2008

This winery was perfect. It is off the road and the wine tasting is closed at the time of the wedding. They answered all my questions and made sure that I was a happy bride. When Something went wrong that I noticed they took care of it. The Food was outstanding I still have people talking about the potatoes. The Cake wasn't just pretty but tasted good also.

Sent on 05/19/2009

Julie · Married on 06/03/2007

The event services for Murrieta's Well are handled by Wente. Wente gives you a tour of both the Well and the Wente - they have very different feels. After you book, they give you a questionnaire asking you everything from how many votives per table to what kind of microphone you need. Wente events include food, wine, linens, and cake. We were very excited about the talented and creative pastry chefs who made our cake. We chose several of our other (fantastic) vendors from the referral list. Wente provided flexiblity and customization throughout the planning stages, including putting aside a wine that we wanted to serve and sourcing a kosher dinner for one guest. Wente provides a wedding coordinator on the day of the wedding. Our only two complaints were that the wooden high chair for my niece was rickety and had an exposed nail and that they brought the stand up microphone instead of the lapel mike.

Sent on 09/21/2008

Jena · Married on 06/04/2010

3.5

Great Location, beautiful setting!

Sent on 06/07/2010

Tracy · Married on 05/31/2008

2.5

Murrieta's Well is a beautifully intimate and special location for an event or wedding. We just were married there May 31, 2008. Owned by Wente, the staff and catering is all done by Wente which boasts a five star restuarant. Everyone RAVED about the food and service and the venue itself was absolutely beautiful. We had the whole winery to ourselves which made for a personal event.

Working with Heather Druba in the sales office was divine, she is very laid back and responsive and made planning my wedding a snap.

My only complaint is with our on-site coordinator we had that day. She was very hurried and unorganized and gave me, my parents and my husband the feeling she wanted us to "hurry up and get out." My day of coordinator gave her detailed information on set up and contact information for vendors and yet, 30 minutes before the end of my reception she was asking ME where my shuttle bus was! As if I had the drivers number tucked into my dress. Nevertheless, our wedding went off without a hitch due to my other vendors and the lovely, lovely location.

Sent on 07/02/2008

Christine · Married on 08/17/2014

4.2
      3.0

I absolutely loved my wedding at Murrieta’s Well! They don’t let any detail go unnoticed and on the day of, I didn’t have a stress in the world. I knew booking a venue that required you to use their catering is risky because there isn’t a ton of choices, but it made the wedding planning even easier. The food was outstanding and the service can’t be beat. Every single person working had a smile on their face. My day of coordinator was fantastic, I had paper flowers come in last minute and didn’t give her any direction of how to place them, welp, she didn’t need it. I came in and the tables looked fantastic. You can’t go wrong with booking with this awesome team. The only downfall is of course, like any wedding venue, any and all changes come at a cost. So a new idea couldn’t come up with out, well, that would be extra. But, I guess that is to be expected when planning a wedding.

Sent on 10/13/2014

angela · Married on 09/14/2012

3.5

Overall it is a great venue. Gorgeous, great food and cake, and wonderful people to work with. Looking back though, the strict timeline they have really limits your time and therefore left us feeling very rushed and ran out of dancing time! The bathroom is also located in a not so convenient location especially for those who are older or with physical limitations.

Sent on 10/09/2012

Michelle · Married on 09/26/2009

3.5

Beautiful venue and professional staff who conducted the evening and managed all the little requests to make the night go well.

Sent on 10/13/2009

We fell in love with this venue at first sight. This was the perfect venue for our reception with an intimate setting. Georgie is simply amazing. She is responsive, helpful, cheerful, knowledgeable and just everything you would look for in a co-ordinator. The food, staff and the cake that is provided by the venue are all great too. Would recommend this place to anyone!

Sent on 05/31/2015

Danielle · Married on 10/23/2010

2.8
      2.5
      2.0
      3.5

We had just the ceremony here. The venue is beautiful but there is no bridal room. They just have a public bathroom that you change in. They tell you to bring a sheet to stand on. All through the change my family was walking in to use the bathroom and saw me before they were suppose to. That was the biggest up set to this venue. But they do provide you with a Planner to help your day go smoothly, even though a few people said she was rude. Over all I think if you're on a budget this is a good place but if you have extra to spend go somewhere else.

Sent on 10/25/2010