Mundo Catering Reviews

22 Reviews for Mundo Catering

• Mayra

Mayra B. 路 Married on 10/11/2020

Great Food, Caring and Responsive Staff

We had an amazing experience with Mundo as the caterer for our wedding, in every step of the process they exceeded our expectations. From the very beginning, they were responsive in setting up a tasting and sending us menu information. They were very flexible in working with us when we were forced to reschedule the wedding date due to COVID. They were helpful and understanding when what had once been a 130 person June event, became instead a 50 person October affair. The day of the wedding, the food was hot, delicious, and delivered in a safe way for COVID-19. Everyone at the wedding reported the food was delicious and left feeling very satisfied. Their servers, bar staff and cleaning crew all did a wonderful job, worked safely, and did everything right! We were left grateful for our choice in caterer and Mundo will be our first call for any future events we host.

Sent on 11/09/2020

Mundo Catering's reply:

Thank you so much! It has definitely been a crazy year, and we have been lucky enough to have the flexibility to work with our clients on date and detail changes. You both looked like you were having a great time. I hope the rest of your marriage is less eventful than 2020 馃槀! Best of luck to the both of you, you make such a beautiful couple.
  • Jessica

Jessica M. 路 Married on 09/05/2020

Amazing Experience

Sarah and Javier couldn't have been better to work with. When our wedding plans changed due to Covid restrictions, they were kind, gracious, and worked with us through the process. Their food is amazing and we couldn't ask for more. We would definitely recommend them and hope to work with them again in the future.

Sent on 08/31/2020

Mundo Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! We wish you a long and happy marriage and an end to covid-19!
  • Ashley

Ashley W. 路 Married on 10/13/2019

Best meal we had in Washington!

Wow!! We were talking about our wedding food days after the wedding! We booked Mundo catering without ever doing a tasting because we do not live in Washington. I was a little nervous that we weren鈥檛 going to be able to taste the food before our wedding day. I regret worrying because the food was incredible! We had the airline chicken and beef tenderloin accompanied by Brussels sprouts and 5 cheese Mac and cheese for our main meal. Every part of the meal was perfection! I am a beef girl my fianc茅 usually prefers chicken and we both agreed that while the chicken was delicious, the beef tenderloin was the best we had ever had! Several of our guests commented that it was the best meal they had all weekend!

Sent on 10/15/2019

Mundo Catering's reply:

Oh wow, thank you so much! I was nervous too, it is always scary to serve people I have never met! I鈥檓 so glad that you enjoyed everything, it was a beautiful wedding and you were gorgeous. Congratulations!
  • Shelby

Shelby G. 路 Married on 09/22/2019

Amazing staff and food!

We had an afternoon wedding and wanted appetizers. Sarah, her husband and staff were amazing! On time, staff throughout wedding and so helpful!
    Everyone kept telling us how good the food was!
    Sarah even helped us with our cake! We were lost and didn鈥檛 know if we were serving it or what. She went out of her way and saved us!
    I couldn鈥檛 have done it without them.
    Thank you all for everything!!

Sent on 09/28/2019

Mundo Catering's reply:

Wow, thank you so much! We were happy to help, this was your day, you should enjoy it! Cake cutting is simple for me, so why shouldn鈥檛 I help out? Congratulations, I hope you are enjoying married life!

Kim L. 路 Married on 09/19/2019

Such good food!

We really wanted our guests to have a great meal at our wedding so the caterer was a vendor we really wanted to get right. I'm so glad we chose Mundo! Sarah was super responsive, accommodating, and helpful. They set up a tasting for us ahead of time so we could taste everything on the menu and they tailored the menu to our preferences. We rented linens and dishes from them as well which was really convenient. Most importantly, the food was amazing! We got so many compliments from our guests on the food with multiple people saying it was the best catered meal they've had. It's a great value for what they provide and there weren't any hidden costs or fees.

Sent on 10/02/2019

Mundo Catering's reply:

Yay! I鈥檓 so glad!!!! You guys were the easiest clients ever, with the most helpful family too! I couldn鈥檛 believe how quickly you guys cleaned up that room, it was impressive. And that dessert buffet, wow! Incredible. Congratulations, I hope married life is treating you well!
  • Tania

Tania A. 路 Married on 08/06/2019

Incredible service and delicious food!

Sarah and her team were wonderful to work with. She answered questions through email, phone, and text quickly. Her team arrived early to set up, served our guests, and cleaned up after our wedding. Their service was exceptional--would totally work with them again. The food tasted incredible, we are still getting compliments of our wedding food to this day.

Sent on 09/18/2019
  • Lani

Lani 路 Married on 08/03/2019

Guests came for seconds!

Mundo catering was wonderful! Our guests loved our wedding catering so much they got seconds and thirds. We would highly suggest the cheesy polenta and flank steak. Sarah is extremely professional and quick to respond via email and phone. Ive been to 2 other weddings (prior to our wedding) where Mundo was catering and all have been delicious.

Sent on 08/21/2019

Mundo Catering's reply:

Thank you so much Lani! Congratulations on your marriage, I hope you are enjoying newlywed bliss! Thank you for including us in your special day, and for introducing us to the view from your venue. Absolutely breathtaking.

Kevin 路 Married on 06/22/2019

Delicious, affordable, and professional

Very good food. Many guests claimed it to be "the best wedding food they've ever had". Owners were responsive to all communications, flexible when changes were needed last minute, and the service was very professional throughout the event. Their prices were very reasonable, especially considering the quality of the food. They also have flatware, glassware, and linens for rent which made them a simple one-stop-shop for much of our dining needs.

Sent on 06/26/2019

Mundo Catering's reply:

Thank you so much! I loved that your venue allowed us a glimpse of your night, you guys were having so much fun! I am so grateful you allowed us to be part of your day. Enjoy married life!
  • Ray

Ray M. 路 Married on 05/18/2019

Best value we found in Portland!

Researched caterers for months and didn't find any at Mundo's price point with the same quality, service, and flexibility.

We reached out to Mundo after our friends recommended them to us (also did their wedding) and Sarah and her team impressed us every step of the way. Their menu has a ton of options at a completely reasonable price and they're open to trying or adding anything you're looking for. We went with one of their pre-set menus (Hawaiian) buffet style for our 130 person wedding and it couldn't have been better. Everyone raved about the food and my only regret is that I didn't get more of it.

Service-wise, Sarah was so easy to work with. We'd send over a list of questions or requests and she'd either get back to us right away with answers or simply update our proposal to reflect the changes -- very low stress experience working with them. On the wedding day, they arrived with plenty of time, got everything set up, and all the staff was respectful, professional, and awesome.

We'll definitely be looking to use Mundo for future events and I can't recommend them highly enough for your wedding or event.

Sent on 06/18/2019

Janet S. 路 Married on 01/15/2019

Polite, Efficient Service and Delicious Menu!

Sarah was so easy to work with and more than willing to accommodate any special requests, including dietary restrictions for 2 of my guests. Sarah and her staff were prompt and polite with arrivals of our rental tables, plates, linens, etc, and then right on time for arrival of all of her foods on the menu.
    They set up, provided an amazing meal, and during our after dinner activity, we looked over to find that they had completely cleaned up and hauled everything away. EASIEST PARTY EVER!
    Sarah's menu choices are extensive and she still works with you to customize your own party. Her prices are extremely reasonable. I cannot recommend her and her team enough. Everyone at my party was extremely impressed!

Sent on 01/15/2019

Mundo Catering's reply:

Thank you so much Janet!!! I鈥檓 so glad that we were able to help you out with your party. You really know how to entertain! Your guests were having so much fun!

Jason 路 Married on 01/12/2019

Best quality food, and best service in Portland!!

Mundo catering goes "Above and Beyond" per my guests. My wife and I tried several catering companies by the time we reached out to Mundo, when we went to our appointment with Sara, we new before we even reached the main course that this was the place. At our reception, Sara and Co. were absolutely AMAZING, they were professional, organized, and VERY respectful to all guests. We enjoyed their service so much we sent them all home with Champagne. When we have our next family gathering in Oregon, we will definitely go with Mundo Catering again.

Sent on 02/01/2019

Mundo Catering's reply:

Thank you so much! You guys were a joy to work with, and I鈥檓 so happy we were able to make your day a little bit easier. Congratulations!
  • Anna

Anna N. 路 Married on 01/01/2019

2 Thumbs Up!

Sarah was a blessing to work with! We had 3 weeks to plan our wedding due to my mom's failing health and my son being on leave from the Army. Mundo was so easy to work with and the food was beyond delicious! I received so many compliments on our Bbq spread! The staff that helped was so accommodating and pleasant despite having the reception in our home where space was cramped!
    I highly recommend!
    馃憤馃憤

Sent on 01/17/2019

Mundo Catering's reply:

We were honored to be a part of your special day! And we鈥檝e worked in much smaller spaces ;) Thank you so much!

Amber 路 Married on 09/08/2018

We didn't have a wedding planner for our wedding and everyone said we would regret it - we did not. Having an amazing group of vendors made our lives SO easy and made our wedding planning a breeze. Mundo Catering played a HUGE roll in that.
    I felt I was being kind of annoying in how many emails i was sending over to Mundo with ALL the questions, and they were prompt in responding and made me feel like I was chatting with family. Words can't even explain how amazing they are. We were able to customize just about everything and stay within budget AND still receive amazing food. I 1000% recommend Mundo and I will continue to tell everyone about them! Thank so much for an amazing wedding, guys! :]

Sent on 10/06/2018

Mundo Catering's reply:

You were not annoying :) I am used to tons of emails, that's the best way to communicate! We had all the details worked out ahead of time, and didn't have to bug you day of. You were gorgeous! Congratulations!

Melissa 路 Married on 09/08/2018

We loved working with Mundo! They scheduled a tasting for us very quickly after we contacted them and were flexible in fitting us in. The tasting was awesome and we decided to book!

Their pricing is great and we felt that they were really able to understand the type of event we were trying to host and did their best to accommodate/provide suggestions. They coordinated delivery or rentals, set-up, catering staff, bartenders and picked up the rentals. It was so nice to not have to worry about coordinating logistics between a million vendors.

Last but CERTAINLY not least, the food was amazing. We had a delicious spread of chicken, brisket, and beautifully prepared sides. Guests were raving.

Do yourself a favor and hire Mundo!

Sent on 10/12/2018

Mundo Catering's reply:

Thank you SO much for that rave review!!!! You have no idea how excited I get when I see another 5 star review :) I hope married life is treating you well!
  • Brittney

Brittney 路 Married on 08/03/2018

We loved everything from the food to the professional service. Our guests had nothing but good things to say about the food and were very impressed with the wait staff. We decided to have a family style meal and it worked out perfectly!

Sent on 09/20/2018

Mundo Catering's reply:

Thank you so much! We loved being a part of your beautiful day!

Saundra 路 Married on 07/07/2018

Very flexible, affordable, and tasty wedding catering! :)

Sarah and Javier did an amazing job with our wedding catering on Mt Hood at Trillium Lake. They were incredibly flexible and knowledgeable about what would work and what wouldn't. Because they have experience with food truck and film set catering, they didn't blink an eye at catering a campsite on a mountain (whereas other caterers were too limiting or charged steep fees for this). They set up tents in case we had rain and worked with our wedding planner to make sure everything looked beautiful. We had a day-long event with two big meals and lots of snacks provided. We even moved from one site to another (picnic area to our large campsite) and they had no problem with this. It made our wedding day much less stressful than it might have been with a different vendor. We definitely recommend them! :)

Sent on 11/11/2019

Mundo Catering's reply:

Thank you so much!!! Your wedding will always be one of our most memorable, it was so beautiful, personal and creative. I hope married life is treating you well!

Robyn 路 Married on 06/20/2018

After much research, I found Mundo Catering to be the perfect vendor for my wedding. They were prompt at responding to messages, they were easy to work with and the food was AMAZING!! Sarah and Javier were so flexible. They encouraged us to create our own menu so we could get our exact vision. Mundo also offers rentals at a very reasonable price. Our wedding was a week long event in Walton, Oregon (by Eugene), so we needed to pickup our event rentals a few days before the event. Sarah and Javier were so flexible and allowed us to do this at no additional charge! Also, it was so nice working with Sarah from the moment I contact Mundo, to our big day. Sarah worked with us the from start to finish and followed through exactly as we had talked about. We will be using Mundo for all of our future catering needs and highly recommend them to anyone searching for a caterer.

Sent on 09/23/2018

Mundo Catering's reply:

Thank you so much! I loved working with you too, and getting the opportunity to check out Camp Walton. The two hour drive was worth it, it was so nice to get out of the Portland heat!

Thomas 路 Married on 09/16/2017

Mundo catered our wedding reception on 9/16/2017 and did an absolutely fantastic job all around, we couldn't have been happier!!! The food was absolutely amazing- and very reasonably priced! Sarah and Javier (owners) were very responsive throughout the whole process and were very accommodating of all the changes we needed. Every question we had was always answered within a day (usually sooner), they met our every need. They really made our reception one to remember, we cant recommend them highly enough!!!!

Sent on 09/27/2017

Mariana 路 Married on 09/16/2017

Mundo Catering was by far the best wedding vendor we worked with! From our first email interaction, to our tasting, to the delivery and execution on our wedding day on September 16, 2017. We enjoyed their professionalism, responsiveness, and tasty, high-quality food! We received all kinds of compliments about the food served on our big day. The meal was delicious and the presentation looked beautiful! I highly recommend Mundo Catering! They will make your event feel stress-free.

Sent on 12/26/2017

Mundo Catering's reply:

Wow! Thank you so much! High praise indeed. You were so easy to work with as well, we were happy to have a small part in your big day! I hope you had an amazing honeymoon!

Nora 路 Married on 10/02/2016

Mundo catered my wedding at The Old Church in downtown Portland for 60 people and did a spectacular job. 5 Stars out of 5. I would give 10 stars out of 5 stars if I could!! I tried 7 different caterers before selecting Mundo. The most important thing to me was the food at my wedding, and Mundo met my very high expectations. They did exactly what I wanted by making me my custom menu (example: mac and cheese with bacon, potato gratin with goat cheese, herbs, mushroom), satisfied my "foodie" taste, providing the rich depth of flavor we were seeking. Sarah at Mundo was responsive, understood exactly what I wanted, was very easy to work with, flexible, went the extra mile (made 1 special vegan meal for my maid of honor), and I could not have received better service by her staff at the wedding. She also found me the special cheeses I wanted for our appetizers- Comte Reserve, Saint Agur, Delices de Bourgogne and presented them beautifully. Not only did we stuff ourselves on the delicious food, we received so many compliments on the food from our guests, and now are enjoying the delicious leftovers.

Sent on 10/03/2016

Megan 路 Married on 08/13/2016

Best wedding food we have ever had! Javier and Sarah did an amazing job with all of the food they made us. From the appetizers: Mini corn dogs with fries, mini grilled cheeses with gazpacho, mini hot dogs, mini watermelon/mint/cheese bites. It was all amazing. Dinner consisted of salmon with a lemon pepper compote butter, carved prime rib, green beans, brussels sprouts with bacon, mac n cheese, cappers salad and green salad with nectarines. It was amazing and we couldn't believe how many people came up to us saying how amazing the food was. Trust us, hire Mundo!

Sent on 09/02/2016

Adrienne 路 Married on 09/22/2018

3.0

Mundo catered our wedding and did an AMAZING job! Not only did everyone enjoy the delicious food, the staff who came to work the event were very professional and went above and beyond to make the buffet line run smoothly and make sure our 200+ guest count were fed quickly! They are priced well, easy to work with, and overall a solid option if you are looking for wedding or any type of event catering.

-Adrienne & Levi

Sent on 09/24/2018

Mundo Catering's reply:

Thanks so much Adrienne!!!! I'm so glad you chose us to be a part of your day.