Mums The Word Floral Shoppe Reviews

69 Reviews for Mums The Word Floral Shoppe

• Rachel

Rachel DiMattia · Married on 02/29/2020

Breathtaking!

Breathtaking is the only way to describe my flowers! They were the MOST important piece of my reception and Maria came through. It’s been 3 days and they still look and smell amazing! Flowers were EVERYWHERE and ugh, I can’t describe it. They were beautiful! My vision became a reality with Maria. Can’t thank her enough!

Sent on 03/03/2020
  • Kate

Kate · Married on 06/21/2019

Maria is a sweetheart that will take care of you like you are family

The flowers were stunning. Our pictures turned out so well because Maria knew exactly what she was doing. She has a great vision and loves to make her customers happy. My bouquet was an absolute stunner and the roses my mom and grand mom held were so incredibly vibrant. I am recommending Mums the Word to everyone I know!

Sent on 07/18/2019

Samantha · Married on 11/09/2018

Maria is one of a kind! ;)

What can I say about Maria?? She was the most fun and energetic vendor to work with! She is so down to earth and really helped my visions come to fruition with all of her suggestions. Come the day of the wedding I was absolutely blown away by the beautiful bouquets! The centerpieces were amazing and more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. In our initial meeting, she brought out samples of all of the pieces that would be included in the bouquets/centerpieces/alter flowers so we could get a real idea of what they would look like. She sets up a payment schedule with includes all of the details and lists when the payments are due which is EXTREMELY helpful! She stays in contact with you constantly and you can really tell she loves what she does! She called right before placing the order for the flowers to verify any changes, then she called to verify the delivery times and that she had all of her bases covered-- again, extremely helpful! She had worked at our venue and with our cater and our photographer multiple times so everything flowed so smooth! She personally delivered our bouquets the day of the wedding and gave me a big hug! She is so kind and so warm, I would highly recommend her to anyone celebrating anything!!

Sent on 11/27/2018

Natalie · Married on 11/03/2018

Gorgeous flowers

My daughter's wedding was 3/30/19. Maria was awesome to work with. My daughter knew what she didn't want, but wasn't sure what she wanted. Maria knew exactly what my daughter wanted. On our first meeting Maria was pulling all kinds of flowers from her shop and pictures. My daughter LOVED everything about Maria!! Her wedding was outside it was 75 degrees and sunny as Maria predicted a year ahead of time. The outdoor ceremony flowers were gorgeous! All the bouquets were gorgeous.!! I even called Maria a week before the wedding to add another arrangement. No problem!! Maria to the rescue! She even decorated the wedding cake with flowers and did a superb job!! I would use Mums the word again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 04/05/2019

Keira · Married on 10/05/2018

Beautiful Flowers!

Maria and the Mums the Word team did an amazing job with the flowers for our St. Patrick’s ceremony and Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia wedding reception. The flowers at the front of the church looked beautiful and perfect for the light and setting. My bouquet was amazing and I was thrilled with it. It lasted all day long. The centerpieces at the reception were also amazing and we received so many compliments from our guests about how beautiful the flowers were. Maria did a great job communicating with us during the planning process and the day-of the wedding.

Sent on 12/29/2018
  • Jeanna

Jeanna · Married on 11/12/2017

Maria was fantastic to work with from the first phone call through the big day. She was open and honest in her communication, offering advice when I asked for it. I was a bit overwhelmed with the flowers and she was a sanity saver. Our flowers looked absolutely stunning and were so full. I wanted certain colors within a certain budget and Maria made it all happen. The flowers were delivered as promised and when promised and I could not have been any happier.

Sent on 12/07/2017

Allison · Married on 08/12/2017

I had a wonderful experience with Mums the Word! Maria is excellent - from our first meeting to the day of the wedding she made me feel comfortable and continued to exceed my expectations. She took detailed notes on what I wanted and always asked me to follow up with pictures so she could have a visual of what I was expecting. She even made me a mock bouquet so I could see what my flowers would look like on the day of! The matched the picture I sent her perfectly. When it came down to making decisions on what vases to use, what type of centerpieces to have, etc. she made several suggestions based on my venue and they ended up being absolutely perfect. Everyone was raving about how beautiful the bridal bouquets were all day and couldn't wait to take home the centerpieces at the end of the night! Thank you Maria for helping my vision come to life and for being such a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 08/24/2017

Alexis · Married on 07/01/2017

Maria is so unbelievably amazing to work with. I definitely needed some ideas and guidance in planning my floral arrangements, and she had the PERFECT ideas! Great pricing and someone so honest to work with. I am even more excited for my wedding now!

Sent on 06/22/2016

Kathleen · Married on 11/05/2016

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!

I cannot recommend Maria of Mum's the Word Florist enough. From the moment I emailed Maria, she was so friendly and talented - she completely understood what I was looking for and sent me pictures of options I loved. I never searched for another florist as I just knew I was in the best hands. I worked with her for stunning flowers for my wedding when meeting in person. She truly cared about me and the wedding, not just the flowers. Maria suggested options for other venues/vendors when our original location did not work out and could not have been more helpful going well above and beyond. She is a wonderful person who does exemplary work. If you're lucky enough to have a date that is available with Maria for your wedding, do not hesitate to book her immediately!

Sent on 02/03/2016

Kristen · Married on 10/29/2016

I cannot say enough good things about Maria and her team. I live in Pittsburgh and this was a "destination" wedding for me and my family at the shore. Maria took my vision and created the most spectacular arrangements. She was so easy to work with and was able to accommodate my every need within budget. The team was prompt when arriving the day of the wedding and had everything in place. It was one less stress I had to worry about. She went above and beyond my expectations I received compliments all day/evening on the bridal party flowers, cocktail hour decor, and reception centerpieces. I highly recommend mums the word to anyone in the area!

Sent on 11/01/2016

Maria was amazing to work with! She got me right away and knew exactly what I wanted and didn't disappoint, everything turned out better than even excepted! She was very honest about pricing and what she thought I'd need to use at my venue without over-charging us for unnecessary items. She helped me order boxes for my centerpieces when I couldn't find them anywhere and she provided the high top centerpieces for the flowers. She was always responsive and she called me several times throughout the process just to check in and make sure we were on the same page which made me feel so at ease. She was great to work with all my other vendors to coordinate which took a lot of stress off me. My mom is really big into flowers and gardening so flowers for the wedding was really important to her and she was really impressed with Maria and her inventory. The flowers matched all the decor and attire for the day. Can't wait to see them all in pictures. We will definitely use Maria again for our flower needs. Thanks Maria! Loved working with you.

Sent on 07/18/2016

Beautiful! The flowers were absolutely beautiful. A great shop to work with. The flowers were great, everything was delivered on time, and everything was fresh. We will absolutely use mums the work again and highly recommend.

Sent on 03/28/2016

Christina · Married on 08/22/2015

Mums the Word truly made my bridal vision come to life through beautiful bouquets, centerpieces and floral arrangements. When I first met Maria, I felt unsure about what I really wanted and seemed "all over the place" in what I liked and what I wanted. Maria quickly made me feel at ease and knew exactly how to bring my "jumbled" vision to life. The flowers on our wedding day were beautiful! They truly added the perfect touch to our amazing day! I would recommend Maria at Mums the Word Floral Shoppe for all your floral needs!

Sent on 09/18/2015
  • MrsPipp73

Susan · Married on 04/25/2015

There are not enough words to describe how awesome my experience was working with Mums the Word! Maria is an angel sent from the wedding heavens and I swear she was put on this earth to make all brides the happiest they could possible be on their big day. From the minute I met with her, to every email, to the delivery of my flowers...you could feel the love and passion she has for her profession. Maria and the staff at Mums the Word went above and beyond to make my wedding bouquets, church flowers, centerpieces, etc. absolutely breath taking. I could not have been happier with my choice to use her services for my wedding and would highly recommend them to any couple looking for high quality flowers, along with great people to work with!

Sent on 05/13/2015

Valerie · Married on 04/04/2015

I didn't even need to bring in photos or say more than 10 sentences to Maria. She got to know me pretty quickly - we talked about my fiancé and our wedding's theme. Within 15 minutes, she came out with some of the most beautiful floral ideas! She even gave us some additional petals to decorate the cake table... she was wonderful!

Sent on 04/09/2015

Kayla · Married on 03/27/2015

Maria is talented and so easy to work with. I have her my colors and described the feel I wanted. She did the rest. The center pieces and bouquets were gorgeous.

Sent on 03/29/2015

Kelly · Married on 11/07/2014

I don't even have the words to properly describe how much I love Maria. From the minute my husband and I met her, we needed to book her. I had a bunch of ideas in my head and she helped me bring them to life and/or broke it to me nicely that I was being crazy and that is impossible. Every time I called she gave me an answer right away. She also had a whole bunch of other information about weddings in general to send our way. She was extremely helpful and reasonably priced. OH and the most important part, the flowers were amazing! My bouquet was ridiculous I wish I could have kept it forever. The centerpieces looked amazing! You have to book Maria!

Sent on 11/16/2014

Marissa · Married on 10/04/2014

Maria and the whole team were fabulous! She understood exactly what I wanted and delivered it on my big day. I can't say enough nice things about her and would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 10/19/2014

Dina · Married on 07/13/2014

When I first started meeting with florists I was unsure what types of flowers were in season, or which would be best to choose for the bouquets. Maria was so helpful in guiding me to choose flowers that complimented the colors of the bridesmaids dresses and fit the vision for my bouquet and the centerpieces. The flowers were so colorful and really brightened up the room. I still stare at pictures of my bouquet and am amazed at how perfectly everything turned out. Maria was wonderful to work with. She was always prompt in responding to emails and the flowers were delivered on time the day of the wedding. I would highly recommend Mums the Word to provide you with the most beautiful flowers for your wedding day!

Sent on 08/05/2014

Melissa · Married on 06/08/2014

A friend of mine recommended Maria at mums the word for my wedding. And I will do the same to anyone looking for a florist. My bouquet was absolutely breathtaking. And the sneak peek trial bouquet I had to go with my dress fitting was awesome. Thank you so much Maria!!

Sent on 06/18/2014
  • Ally

Ally · Married on 11/09/2013

We had a great experience with Mums the Word - our flowers turned out beautiful, and we really trusted Maria's eye for what would work with the bouquet and the centerpieces. Definitely feel like we got great value for our money - everything looked beautiful. Very easy to work with and really friendly.

Sent on 02/18/2014

Jessica · Married on 10/11/2013

Mums the word did the flowers for our wedding and we absolutely loved them! I fell into them from another appointment of mine being canceled last minute and it was the best thing to happen! I am not very good with flowers and was very worries about the price, and Maria took care of me from the moment I walked in! I absolutely loved my flowers and got so many compliments on them all night long :)

Sent on 11/13/2013
  • Kelley

Kelley · Married on 09/22/2013

Maria, Maria, Maria!!! That is all I can say. Mums the Words saved my wedding day! Our first choice took our money and ran :( I was devastated. Our budget was strict and Maria saved my wedding day. Soooooo easy to work with. She knew my style and thoughts on flowers as soon as I walked through the door. She came through for me and helped make my day sooooo beautiful while staying inside my budget. I could not have been more thrilled to work with a vendor. My flowers were gorgeous and transformed our wedding day into something magical. Thank you Mums the Word!!!
    ~Kelley and Todd

Sent on 12/30/2013

Amanda · Married on 09/21/2013

Maria is amazing! She takes the time to really get you & what you like. I can't say enough about her & her work!

Sent on 01/17/2014

Maria was friendly and always remembered me. She is good at reading people/figuring out what you want. Initially I planned to stay away from color, but she convinced me to add some. Based on what she described, I thought she wanted to throw a lot of color into it, but my mock centerpiece was actually very subdued (since I was hesitant about color initially). By the time I saw it, I had completely adopted her add some color philosophy and told her I wanted more. She did another mock centerpiece for me at no extra charge and it was gorgeous. My parents said the centerpieces died within a day or two, but I think that is because they spent so much time out of water. My bouquet was exactly what I envisioned. When I came in to see the mock, Maria had me stand in front of a mirror with my eyes closed, then she placed the bouquet in my hands, and I opened my eyes. It was a really sweet moment. Her prices were VERY reasonable, she included a few items at no extra cost such as a bouquet to toss at the reception, and she actually encourages you to cut your costs. The flowers on the church pews were very nice. I took them to the reception, but they died before we got there. I was a little disappointed with the boutineers. I asked for two smaller flowers; instead, it looked like one big one and they fell apart before mass ended. Maybe the flower was too delicate or it was from hugging. I was a little disappointed with the bridesmaids bouquets as they fell apart by the end of the mass; however, my maid of honor said she'd seen worse at weddings with more expensive florists and my bouquet was fine so maybe my maids were rough with them. I was also disappointed with the place card flowers. I asked that no green show anywhere and there were large green stems in the arrangement. Although I was disappointed with a few things, overall, I loved working with her and highly recommend her. I got so many compliments on the flowers, especially my bouquet and reception flowers.

Sent on 09/22/2013