Mukogawa Fort Wright Banquet Services Reviews

View more information

4.9 out of 5 rating

Beth Married on 09/30/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We live in the Seattle area and our son's wedding was in Spokane. Kelly was amazing! She went far and above helping my husband and me putting the rehearsal dinner together! What a beautiful setting for either a rehearsal dinner, wedding (especially the chapel) or the reception dinner! We used it as a rehearsal "Cocktail" style dinner with Heavy hors d'oeuvres (which were delicious...especially the chicken skewers)! Food was cooked to perfection and was ready right on time! Quiet, beautiful grounds and extremely accommodating and professional staff who were able to fill in a few things I forgot without missing a beat! All very necessary for negotiating what can be a stressful time. Five Stars!!!

Mukogawa Fort Wright Banquet Services's reply:

Beth - it was a pleasure to work with you! Thank you so much for the kind words. You put on a wonderful party for your kids! I'm so glad you were happy with the evening!!! All the very best to you and the new Mr and Mrs!
  • User2900211 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I got married here in a chapel and I rented the dining hall which was a block away to have my reception in. The dining hall cost $800 if you purchased food that was more or equal to 800 the room rental was free. You cannot have a different caterer at this venue. The cost to rent the chapel was $500 I could have gotten married in the hall and saved $500 but the chapel was my dream. The chapel was very nice and we decorated the chapel and dining hall the day before the wedding on our rehearsal day. The food was delicious it was better than the food at my sisters wedding (she had her wedding at beacon hill event center). We took many pictures outside in a park like setting with deer wandering around in the background. They provided table covers and napkins in my color choice, chair covers were an additional cost that I didnt care to have. The room was setup the day before my wedding and I was able to go and make sure everything was where I wanted it. There was enough room for my 50 guests, buffet, dj, cake table, gift table and a dancing area. I recommend this place and would definitely use this place in the future for other purposes like reunions.
    *update* they mailed me a holiday card, really like this place!
    Ariel Married on 12/12/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    There is nothing I can say except that everything was absolutely perfect. The staff was so helpful and listened to everything I wanted and made everything beautiful. It was such a great price and we had the most amazing food. Everything was outstanding.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Michelle Married on 11/15/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    What a great reception venue! The staff was very helpful with my requests, and truly made my wedding reception perfect! They set up the reception tables perfectly, and the food was outstanding! After spending at least $2,000 on food, there is no charge for using the building. There is also a room available to get ready in, and allowed me access to the building to decorate as needed. The staff was very accommodating, and generally wonderful. The price for the services is hard to beat! I highly recommend!
    Hazel Married on 08/01/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    On August 1, 2015 our daughter had a beautiful wedding and reception at Mukogawa Fort Wright Institute. We were extremely pleased with Ashley, Richard, and all the staff that made our daughter’s wedding memorable. There are so many reasons why Mukogawa Fort Wright Institute excelled. The location and facility is absolutely beautiful, the arbor was perfect for the wedding ceremony with the flowers. The outdoor setup was perfect. After the wedding ceremony, the wedding reception was only a few yards away in the Commons building. The tables, bridal party table, buffet tables, etc. were beautifully set. The staff was spectacular in serving the food, drinks, etc. We had the staff select the seasonal chef choice for the hors d'oeuvres – Wow! The hors d'oeuvres were delicious! The buffet menu was absolutely outstanding! The sound system in the room and the disco ball made dancing fun and memorable. The spectacular views from the windows on one side of the room look towards the Spokane River. They even setup a room so children could watch videos during the reception if they wanted. The price for this private, beautiful, very clean facility; excellent staff, and spectacular food was incredibly affordable. In addition, we were able to bring our own soda, champagne, wine, and beer which saved a huge amount of money. Many, many thanks to the Mukogawa Fort Wright staff for a memorable and beautiful wedding experience for our family and guests. The Mukogawa staff took away a lot of stresses in organizing and managing a once in a life-time beautiful event. Again many, many thanks!! Ralph and Hazel Parkison
    Deanna Married on 07/22/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We were married in The Chapel in July, then had the reception in the Fosseen room. I Can't speak more highly of the team over at Mukagawa. We pick our venue out pretty early in the preparation of the wedding. The value of the catering offered and the venue fee is hard to beat. The catered food was raved about. I still want their muffin recipe...delish! (We had a brunch reception for 60) The grounds are well kept seeing as it's a school ground. I don't think there would be a ugly time of year for the venue. Many thanks to Ashley Poole and Richard Reidt. They are the mangers that worked with us and answered our many questions, made changes we needed and solved all bumps in the road. I can't say enough good things about our experience so I'll just End with Thank you for making our wedding unforgettable.
    Marty Married on 07/20/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    My son held his wedding here and I was responsible for the rehearsal dinner. Richard and his staff did a great job and were very flexible. On the night of the dinner, there was a large discrepancy in the number of people to eat. Richard jumped right on it, his staff set up more areas and the kitchen put out more dishes to accommodate everyone. Everyone was very courteous and professional. I really appreciate their willingness to get things done and make it a great evening. Thank you.

Mukogawa Fort Wright Banquet Services's reply:

Thank you for your review! We are so glad you were pleased with your rehearsal dinner! Thank you!
    Melissa Married on 07/07/2013
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    This place was amazing! Our day turned out exactly what we hoped for and better. Richard was so great and easy to work with. He stayed late on occasions to work with our schedule to meet and organize. We were so stressed on making sure we had enough food for everyone. After meeting with Richard it turned out we stressed for nothing. Richard advised us on our best options and made the planning seem to easy. I loved the history of the place and had so many picture options. A photographer's dream photo location for sure. The day of the wedding Walter was there to make sure all our needs were met. He was amazing too. The moment we walked in he made sure and had ice water delivered to us while we got ready. He set up the cake, the food, and was flexable to any last min thing that popped up. They provided all the clean up and boxing up food and left over cake to send home. It made my wedding stress free and the only thing I had to worry about was getting to my hair appt in time. I received calls for a week from all my guest who attended the wedding wanting to praise the venue and its staff. They truly impressed a lot of people that day. I truly feel that I would not have received better service had I gone anywhere else and paid 3 times the amount of money. There food was amazing and set up so nice. My DJ Christian with Complete referred me to Mukogowa. I am so happy he did. It was better than my dream Wedding.
  • User914527 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We were super happy with Mukogawa. It was nice to have one contact person for ceremony site, reception site, and catering. Oley was wonderful at returning calls and emails and was really nice. Richard was also really helpful helping us determine our menu.

Mukogawa also provides linens (in many different colors), vases, and candles.

The food was WONDERFUL! They offer a varied menu and are willing to try to special accommodate requests. They also take care of cake cutting.

The location is beautiful, and made a great backdrop for our photos.

We got married outside at 3 pm. The sun was really beating down at that time and the trees didn't provide shade at that time. (A later ceremony might have been better.)
    Lyndsay Married on 08/30/2008
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    This location is gorgeous! It is like something out of a fairytale. The service was very friendly and extremely efficient. The cost was better then anywhere else.
    Lindsey Married on 07/16/2005
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Very inexpensive place...very cute and quant, the perfet place for a fairytale wedding
  • User1003523 2+ years ago
    4.9 out of 5 rating
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    M.F.W.I. was the PERFECT location for our wedding day. From a flexible and quality staff, to a beautiful/unique location where we could have our ceremony and reception on the same grounds, to very affordable prices, to delicious food, I would choose this venue and caterer every time if I had to plan my wedding over again!
  • User1791894 2+ years ago
    4.7 out of 5 rating
      3.5 out of 5 rating
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Despite the fact that they scheduled another wedding on our wedding day (after promises that they only schedule one per day) the venue was wonderful and the planning for the reception was amazingly easy with how flexible the venue was about everything.

Mukogawa Fort Wright Banquet Services's reply:

Thank you for your review! I apologize for any confusion regarding our bookings. While we don't book two weddings in the same room on the same day, we will sometimes book two weddings in separate rooms. We appreciate your review and wish you lifelong happiness. Thank you!
  • Mersi
    Mersi Married on 07/20/2019

Dream Come True

Kelly with Mukogawa worked so hard to make sure our day was amazing! We booked this venue a year in advanced and so Kelly had to deal with my emails and questions for an entire year! But, she never complained and was always helpful!! The venue itself was perfect and beautiful! They set up everything and take it down (unless you have your own decorations). The food was delicious and there was plenty! The entire thing was everything we could have hoped for and more! Also, everything was such a great price, we waved thousands!! Thank you Kelly and thank you Mukogawa!

Mukogawa Fort Wright Banquet Services's reply:

Mersi - thank you so much for your kind words! And we're so happy to know you have good memories to look back on for your wedding day. Have a blast taking care of each other and all the very best to you both!
  • User1827445 2+ years ago
    4 out of 5 rating
      3.5 out of 5 rating
      4.5 out of 5 rating
    Despite the fact that they scheduled another wedding during ours and interrupted our family pictures for that (I was told they only schedule one wedding per day), the venue was extremely affordable and especially lovely during August. We used the Base Chapel and The Commons for our celebrations, and the staff was very helpful during preparations for the big day.The menu options were super flexible and I even gave them a special recipe to make! The food tasted amazing both for the rehearsal dinner and the reception.

Mukogawa Fort Wright Banquet Services's reply:

We are sorry that the other wedding interrupted your pictures. Although we do not schedule two weddings in the same day in the same rooms, we can sometimes schedule 2 weddings in separate rooms. We have multiple banquet spaces and like to accommodate brides the best we can. We apologize for the inconvenience of that. We are so glad you chose to have your wedding day at Mukogawa and wish you eternal love!
  • User2517864 2+ years ago
    3.8 out of 5 rating
      2.0 out of 5 rating
      4.0 out of 5 rating
    Mukogawa is beautiful and very affordable for what you get it. We were very happy with the set up, price, food and location! Our wedding day was perfect and I have to give them credit for being part of it. But we were very disappointed by their service before the wedding. When I signed the contract I was told that we could decorate a day before the wedding but 2 weeks before the wedding I called to schedule the time we were gonna be there and was told the they had "changed the policies" and that it would cost as $50 PER HOUR to decorate the day before the wedding. The administrator Richard was the one who had told me I could, and when it was time to deliver the bad news he had another staff member tell me. He didn't reply to my email/calls and had his staff talk to me the whole time (when I signed the contract he had told me he was the organization, but for whatever reason he was NEVER available when we needed him). Words can't describe how upsetting it was to deal with a situation like this. Besides the HUGE miss communication everything was great. We did not like working with Richard. Very unprofessional wedding organizer.
illustration stars