54 Reviews for Much Music DJ

Uplighting (3)
Video Projection (2)
Projector (1)
54 Much Music DJ Reviews

There are too many great things to say about Larry! We hired him quite early in the process and were engaged so long that pretty much any DJ was available. What I particularly loved about Larry was his flexibility and customer service. Plus his pricing is very fair. He reply’s to emails so quickly too! He will answer a million questions with patience and just wants to make sure you’re happy. He also went the extra mile for us by sitting down with me to figure out a solution for my father daughter dance song that made me feel so much better. He went beyond what we hired him to do! We also got the photo booth which was a hit at the wedding. He brings a lot of fun props too. Much better than the lame pile I’ve seen at other weddings.

Additionally, Larry kept the party going all night. It was important to us to have the dance floor full all night and that was exactly how it went. I highly recommend Much Music!

Profile Picture Jillian, 5/19/18, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

Much Music was recommended to us by our venue, and from the moment we met Larry we knew that he was going to make our wedding fantastic! He took the time to get to know us, answer any questions, and offer suggestions. His process is very thorough down to the last detail! When the day finally arrived Larry and Patrick were on time and on point! The music was exactly what we wanted and the photo booth was a hit! (My new nephew photobombed many of our friends and families lol) My only regret is that the time went by so quickly! We had a blast and that has a lot to do with Much Music! Thank you so much!

Profile Picture Sarah, 4/22/18, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Photobooth, Projector, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day, Video Projection

I would definitely recommend Much Music! My husband and I had our wedding at Arrow Park Lake & Lodge, a location Larry was very familiar with. Larry was so accommodating, especially with setting some of our friends up to perform during the ceremony and reception. He created a fun atmosphere and all of our guests had a great time!

Profile Picture Justin, 10/28/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, Microphones

We're so happy we chose Much Music for our wedding. The food and the music were two of the most important aspects for us, and we had to get the best DJ. Larry was fantastic from the very first phone conversation. He answered all of our questions and eased my concerns. He is very thorough in his consultation because he wants to make sure you are 100%, and he doesn't disappoint! He had everyone on the dance floor and played all the right music for our guests. Everyone was impressed with the selection. The price is very reasonable and Larry was even kind enough to honor a promotional discount that we received via email the day after we booked. Having Much Music at our wedding was one of our best decisions. Thank you so much, Larry!!

Profile Picture Laura, 9/30/17, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Photobooth, MC

Would book again in a heartbeat, Much Music was absolutely incredible and so reasonably priced which is hard to come by! Highly recommend if you're reading about Much Music DJ you stop wasting your time looking elsewhere and just book Much Music already! Larry was so easy and so great to work with! We booked him for our wedding last month and had the best dance party imaginable. He did an perfect job of executing every single thing we asked for! He kept our crowd dancing until 2am and truly gave us the dance party we hoped for and more!! Our family and friends are still raving over how fun the dance party was and Larry gets all the credit!! He was also incredibly helpful along the planning process. We had 2 friends playing guitar at our ceremony and Larry even spoke on the phone with them to talk through needs and ensure everything was perfect at our wedding… which of course it was!!. We can’t thank you enough Larry!!!

Profile Picture Shaina, 8/26/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Flat Screen, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Larry with Much Music was amazing. My mom had recommended him to me as she had seen him work other parties in the area. He was really phenomenal with planning by phone and email since I live long distance, the day of the event he was great, everyone had an amazing time. He played just the right music that appealed to both the guests my own age to the guests my grandparents age. He also played the music for my ceremony which went off without a hitch. We also used the photobooth through Much Music and the guests really enjoyed that! When planning the wedding the most important thing to me was that my guests would leave having had a lot of fun, thanks to much music my wedding was exactly what I hoped it would be :) Thanks again Larry!

Profile Picture Maria, 8/20/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day

a.I cannot tell you how many people came to us after our wedding telling us that our DJ was amazing. Larry is simply put, fantastic!!! He was so easy to work with and worth every penny. We really didn’t want anything too over the top or “wedding-y” from our DJ – Larry understood that and kept everyone on the dance floor without being at all cheesy or cliché. He is awesome at making sure he understands what his couples want and then exceeding their expectations. We couldn’t have made a better decision for our DJ.

Profile Picture Corine, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

STOP READING THIS AND IMMEDIATELY CALL/EMAIL/STALK Larry before he gets booked by someone else!! This review is long overdue, we are over 6 weeks out from our perfect day and I’ve been meaning to find time to write this for weeks!! When we started planning we knew we wanted a DJ for the reception and our worst nightmare was to hire and boring, plays-all-the-songs-you-hear-at-every-wedding DJ. From the moment we went onto Larry’s website and saw his DJ booth and equipment, we knew before even speaking to him that he would be anything but average; the set-up was clean and modern and looked like something you’d see in an upscale nightclub! We set up a phone conversation with him and he was INSTANTLY likeable, genuine and made us feel like he wanted nothing more than to give us a fabulous experience. He invited us to meet with him at his home office and we fell even more in love with him in person! Larry is the kind of guy you don’t just want working your wedding, you want him attending. His fun-loving and charismatic personality shine through in his interaction with the crowd and you can tell that he is enjoying the time just as much as everyone else, which makes the fun infectious. He was very intuitive, very professional and I can’t say enough about how grateful we are that he took the time to get to know us a give us very personalized entertainment. Since my husband and I were paying for the majority of our wedding ourselves, we were also very conscious of our budget and we could not believe how competitive Larry’s pricing was for the level of sophisticated entertainment we got. ). If you are looking for a DJ who is genuine, easy to work with and AWESOME, then look no further! I don’t say this lightly, as I put A LOT of time into selecting our vendors and could not imagine having a more perfect day with any other entertainment company. THANKS LARRY!!! ).

Profile Picture Katie, 5/27/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Video Projection

Great DJ. Very accommodating. Larry was very easy to work with and met all our needs for our wedding. Originally there was supposed to be a separate room to dance in at the wedding but we reqested he move to the dining room while everyone was eating. He moved everything without a hitch. He had everybody dancing the whole night including those who don't normally dance. Thanks for making our wedding a memorable one!!

Profile Picture Andrea, 5/13/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day

We could not be happier with our decision to have Much Music DJ our wedding on 5/6/17. From the initial consultation to the wedding day, Larry worked with us to make sure our wedding music and vibe turned out exactly how we envisioned. Larry is patient, professional, passionate, and all around awesome!! We cannot thank him enough for making our entire wedding day, ceremony, cocktail hour and reception, unforgettable. We had so much fun working with Larry, and we cannot wait to hire him for our future events. We received so many praises from guests because they had so much fun dancing all night. We highly recommend Much Music for your special day!

Profile Picture alexandra, 5/6/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Much Music is the choice if your looking for a DJ. Patrick was a very professional, he made everything flow from The Pogues, to Britney Spears, to AC/DC, to Float on. I might get divorced just so I can hire Patrick to be DJ at the wedding again. Thank you very much Patrick, hope to see you again.

Profile Picture Francis, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Larry is the greatest! I hired him because my husband and I wanted some different and non traditional music. I've heard horror stories where bride and groom spend time picking a playlist, then DJ plays whatever he likes. Larry was NOT one of those DJ's. He was very thorough in making sure he had all of our songs correct with correct versions, made sure all the cues were right with all of the bridal party's names. When the time came for the wedding day, I wasn't worried or stressed about anything. It was even better than I dreamed it could be. It helped that our guests also loved our music selections, but Larry stayed true to his word and played what we asked. Everything was absolutely perfect. Thanks Larry!!

Profile Picture Lacey, 10/9/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Larry DJed and provided microphones during the ceremony for our wedding in the Hudson Valley on 10/8/16. He did an amazing job and kept the dance floor full all night long! He is easy to work with and did a great job selecting music to fit our taste based off on our song requests. Larry had a lot of energy and kept the guests dancing throughout the entire reception, while still matching the mood and atmosphere of our wedding. Guests of all ages (early 20s to early 80s) were so happy with the music. Everyone had an absolute blast! Thank you so much to Larry for making our wedding reception the best party ever!

Profile Picture Theresa, 10/8/16, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System

Great DJ - wonderful uplighting and Gobo design, very discrete with setup and takedown, and even gave us our Gobo plate as an added bonus afterward!

Profile Picture John, 10/8/16, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Larry and Much Music DJ were absolutely incredible! My fiancé and I met Patrick at a wedding open house and we immediately felt comfortable talking with him and we did not feel pressured as we did with other DJ companies. We contacted Much Music to have a meeting and find out more about them. We met with Larry who owns much music and had another immediate connection. Larry is the nicest guy, walked us through a typical wedding and was willing to adapt to perform the exact wedding we wanted. We were given a nice binded book to fill out with all of our wedding preferences and music choices which was super easy. A few weeks before the wedding Larry called us and verified every little detail with us to make sure everything would be perfect. Larry played music during our ceremony and it was absolutely beautiful and perfect. After this we had our cocktail hour which we actually provided Larry with a list of music we wanted to hear for that hour and everything went smoothly. We then had a special introduction where we had a clip recorded by Dave Foxx introducing us and then going into New York, New York by Frank Sinatra. Everything worked perfectly and just how we wanted. At one point one of our grandparents who was near a speaker asked the Father of the Bride if they could have a few slow songs. We asked Larry and he was on it, no questions asked, the next few songs were slow dances and beautiful. I can't say enough great things about Larry and much music, people could hear each other during dinner, everyone loved the music, people were dancing and having a great time and I would recommend Much Music to all my engaged friends without hesitation! -Chris and Jessie (Married 9/17/16, Tides Estate, NJ)

Profile Picture Chris, 9/17/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ, Dress & Attire, Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day, Photobooth

Larry was absolutely incredible and such a pleasure to work with! I met Larry about a year before our wedding when he DJ'ed my work holiday party...he was so wonderful and had everyone on the dance floor! We never gave him a playlist just told him to do whatever he thought people would like...and he did just that! Everyone raved about the great time they had and how the music was amazing! I knew we needed to hire Larry for our wedding! Larry made everything run so smooth and made sure to keep everyone on the dance floor all night (to the point where people were dancing next to the dance floor because it was so crowded). He took our crazy requests without blinking an eye and was spot on all night! I would highly recommend Larry for anyone who wants a professional, kind, fun and accommodating DJ! Thank you for making our wedding day perfect!!!

Profile Picture Jamie, 9/3/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Flat Screen, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day

Larry Mulligan of Much Music DJ played the music for my wedding on July 2, 2016 and he was great! He was very communicative leading up to the wedding and very professional during the wedding. We had a lot music requests and a pretty particular schedule and he was extremely accommodating and organized. We needed music set up at a few different locations and Larry executed perfectly, the music was seamless! I would highly recommend Larry for any wedding or event!

Profile Picture Michelle, 7/2/16, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

I would only recommend Much Music to whom ever asks. DJ Larry did our wedding and had everyone up on their feet dancing!! The music was great and I wouldn't change a thing!

Profile Picture kate, 5/28/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

I would definitely recommend Much Music Dj!! They did an awesome job at our wedding and had everyone up on their feet dancing!! They did an awesome with the playlist since we didn't give him much of a selection to work with. We just said go with it and they did!! We even requested and extra hour of their time since everyone was having such a blast. Professional, great guys, played great music!

Profile Picture Lauren, 5/14/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We would without a doubt recommend MuchMusic to anyone who asked. We met Larry (the owner) at a wedding expo and immediately took to him. We contacted him within a couple of days and booked. We had several phone conversations prior to our wedding to get everything arranged (he did offer face to face but we could get the same done via phone so we took that option) and it ended up working perfectly. Larry was extremely warm to us a couple while also being very professional. He sent us a package to fill out so that he would be able to announce all of the names correctly. The package also included music to play and not to play and he really was able to stick to that list. He offered several packages, didn't pressure us into picking the more expensive package, and made us feel like we were very important people. The day of the wedding he was on time with everything. The equipment was all set up, he met with us beforehand as a last minute run through, and he provided music for the ceremony. During the reception everything was timed perfectly, he was enthusiastic without taking over the show, played great music that kept people dancing the entire time, and overall did an A+ job. If you want a good DJ, dancing music, and a professional, do not hesitate to contact Larry at MuchMusic!

Profile Picture Farah, 11/20/15, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Larry from Much Music dj-ed our wedding and practically every one of our guests commented on how much they loved the music at the reception. He catered to the party animals who were glad to dance the night away AND to those who wanted to enjoy conversation at their tables (many relatives remarked on how pleased they were that the volume of the music didn't preclude them from catching up with each other). Larry was also very responsive leading up to the event and exceedingly careful to make sure he had the correct versions of each of our requested songs ahead of time - which of course took a lot of worry out of some of the big moments of the evening. Thanks Much Music for a great soundtrack to our wedding!

Profile Picture Andrea, 11/8/15, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Sound/PA System, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day

We couldn't have been more happy with Much Music! My husband and I booked Larry through our wedding venue and couldn't have been more pleased! Larry really helped pump up the crowd and get people on their feet and dancing, he helped make the music selection process seamless and he took all of our requests and made them even better by picking other music that fell along the same genre. People were talking about how good he was all night! We also booked the photo booth with Much Music and that was the best decision. Patrick who ran the photo booth all night was great, and everyone loved the photo booth. Alone it's worth it to see the pictures but it gives your guest a fun souvenir to take home and remember your special. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Much Music to anyone looking for a DJ!

Profile Picture Cara, 10/24/15, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Flat Screen, Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

We were wedding planning across 3 different countries and it was a pleasure to work with Larry over email, phone, and in person on our big day! Larry was very courteous and professional in all of our interactions, and had a lot of enthusiasm to spare. His templates allowed us to provide him with important information about our ceremony and reception, and he played most of our requests, along with the requests of our guests (as instructed). On our wedding day, Larry arrived on time and was very polite and flexible as he waited for the appropriate parties to oversee setup and breakdown. Thanks to Larry's help, the bride was able to surprise the groom by singing one of his favorite love songs to him live, which is a moment we will both remember forever. Larry provided great cocktail music according to our request, and everyone had a fantastic time dancing after dinner. Even the bride's 85- and 90-year-old grandparents were dancing that night--thanks so much, Larry!

Profile Picture Michelle and Mike, 10/3/15, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Part of what makes Larry and Much Music DJ so phenomenal is the preparation they put into the music ahead of time. Things I never even thought of became integral parts of the wedding. Every detail is included in a questionnaire and it ended up becoming very helpful in getting the entire wedding planned, not just giving a playlist. Then the day came and it worked beautifully, EVERYONE had a blast, and it went off without a hitch. Some may think it's a bit pricey, but in my opinion it was some of the best money we spent. I HIGHLY recommend the photo booth as well. It was a lot of fun, and gave the little kids something great to do when they got tired of the dance floor. I can't recommend enough. The bride's family is huge and goes to a lot of weddings, so they have a good frame of reference. And they ALL had a wonderful time. Thanks!

Profile Picture User5521445, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

This review is long overdue but definitely necessary! What a pleasure it was to work with Larry throughout our wedding planning process. From beginning to end Larry was great, there was nothing he couldn't do or wouldn't do that we asked. Our wedding day music during cocktail hour and reception were great. Played everything we wanted to hear and got people on the dance floor. Would definitely recommend Much Music!

Profile Picture Dann, 9/5/15, 1 Review