MTR Event Design Reviews

MTR Event Design 6
MTR Event Design 7

Tracey Tate · Married on 10/13/2018

David and Tracey's wedding

Marie was amazing! She helped us plan from start to finish and brought in help where it was needed. She was very professional and made us feel so at ease about every little detail. I appreciated her skill in how she coordinated with the florist and designer to make the whole day perfect! Thank you so much to the Marvelous Ms. Marie!

Sent on 11/04/2018

MTR Event Design's reply:

Thank you so much Tracey and David. So blessed to be part of your wedding day. Wishing you a wonderful life together Hugs!

Tessa H · Married on 09/08/2018

Excellent!

Marie is a fantastic wedding planner! She is very detail-oriented and organized. We could my have done it without her! She is personable and communicative. Whenever I had questions or needed something, her responses were timely and very helpful. She is incredibly knowledgeable, and really knows weddings. She helped us organize and plan our wedding- down to the t! She thought of things, I would have never considered. Thank you so much Marie!

Sent on 03/13/2019
    MTR Event Design 9

MTR Event Design's reply:

Thank you Tessa. It was so fun to work with all of you and your wedding represented the two of you. I loved working with all of you and thank you for allowing me to be part of your special day.

Steve · Married on 08/11/2018

If you are having ANY event that's important to you then Hire Marie and you will be able to be a guest at your own event.
    Marie worked with my Daughter and son in-law for their wedding. She gave them a to do list and then she took care of the rest of the logistics. The day of the wedding if Anyone was asking logistical questions including me, the answer was Check with Marie and she had everything under control. What a god sent.

Sent on 08/20/2018

MTR Event Design's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. It was such a fun wedding and so glad you were able to relax and enjoy. See you soon!
  • O

Olivia · Married on 08/11/2018

If you want your wedding/other special event to go smoothly and efficiently, Marie is the one to hire. Her confidence in her abilities when working on an event is well placed!

Sent on 08/22/2018

Cassie · Married on 08/11/2018

Our wedding turned out exactly the way we were hoping (better in some ways!) and it wouldn't have been possible without Marie.
    There were so many aspects of wedding planning that my husband and I were clueless about, so it was great to have Marie around to make sure nothing was missed, and to explain all the different options available so we could make informed decisions.
    There were also a few aspects of the wedding that we didn't care too much about, and since Marie has so much experience, we were able to trust her to take those things off our plate. For example, music is crucial for a wedding, but we didn't have strong opinions about specifics. We gave Marie a little direction (maybe a 10-minute chat), then she came up with a plan, got our sign-off, and communicated with the DJ. It turned out amazing, and we loved that we didn't need to waste time stressing over song lists, and were free to focus on things that mattered more to us.
    Our wedding was also a bit of a planning challenge because it was at our home instead of an established venue, and we were making sizable changes to get it wedding-ready right into the last week (e.g., my husband and a couple friends built the dance floor 3 days before). And, of course, the weather kept fluctuating between rain and sun--the forecast even showed lightning at one point. All of this made it impossible to completely solidify the table and chair locations in advance, which rattled our caterer (whose staff was doing the setup), but Marie was unfazed. Morning-of, we were still weighing 3 plans (sun, drizzling, pouring). The best ceremony setup didn't include cover, and clouds kept changing, so Marie kept watching. Finally, 45 minutes from start time, the sun came out, the DJ and chairs were set, and it was all perfect. The best part was that my husband and I (and our families) didn't have to do any of that worrying.
    Our entire wedding was amazing, and because Marie had EVERYTHING under control, we were able to enjoy it!!!

Sent on 08/26/2018
    MTR Event Design 17
    MTR Event Design 18
    MTR Event Design 19

MTR Event Design's reply:

Thank you so.much Cassie. A challenge with the weather and so glad you and Robert we're able to get married outside. So fun helping you create a spectacular wedding. Hugs!

Daniel · Married on 07/29/2017

Stop searching. Marie is the best.
    We had a compressed schedule, we were planning from the East Coast, and we were very nervous when we found Marie. We spoke with other planners, but didn’t find anything we felt connected to. We then spoke with Marie on the phone and she knew exactly what to say and what we needed to hear to calm our nerves and make us feel confident that she could tackle our wedding. Throughout the process she communicated with us regularly and was very good about getting back to us even on the smallest of details.
    Marie has an amazing network of vendors that know her and love working with her. When we needed support in working with a florist she connected us with several vendors, but after listening to our floral ideas and budget she told us the one we would most likely want to go with. After connecting with several of the florists she provided, we admitted she was right, the florist she picked was amazing and we were able to check another item off of our list.
    If you’re like us and had a hard time navigating the wedding landscape, give Marie a call. You’ll immediately want to work with her because she knows soooo much and if she doesn’t know something, she knows who to talk to in order to find out.

Sent on 11/19/2017

Judy · Married on 08/12/2018

Marie Rios was simply amazing! While I love my step-daughter and son-in-law dearly, their ability to make decisions at a normal pace were extremely challenging. My husband asked his daughter to contact MTR Design. If anyone could work with two analytical people, it would be Marie.

The wedding was an outdoor wedding in the Seattle area, and rain was expected. Marie was amazing! She coordinated with the caterer, DJ, wedding party and guests quickly and on the fly to be outside when it was clear, and under the tent when it rained. She even worked in a rainbow for some of the pictures!

Bottom line, Marie knows her job and does it well. She makes an event look professional despite unexpected setbacks such as weather changes, vendor mistakes and last-minute requests. I am looking forward to hiring her for future personal and professional events.

Sent on 08/20/2018
    MTR Event Design 20
    MTR Event Design 21
    MTR Event Design 22

MTR Event Design's reply:

Dear Judy, thank you so much. I loved that rainbow photo and it was a beautiful day for everyone. The two newlyweds got their dream to be married at their home and outside. I enjoyed working with everyone and I look forward to future events.