Mt. Hood Skibowl Reviews

19 Reviews for Mt. Hood Skibowl

• Jessica

Jessica · Married on 07/28/2019

A dream venue!

We held our wedding here last weekend and could not have imagined a better day. Becca and her team were so easy to work with - food was amazing, staff was excellent and you can't beat that backdrop. We wanted our wedding to be memorable - and Skibowl definitely helped us accomplish that! Everything from the accommodations, ski lift, alpine slide and that gorgeous tent helped make our day so special for our friends and family. We can't recommend this venue enough!

Sent on 08/04/2019
  • Stacy

Stacy N. · Married on 07/19/2019

Incredible

I can't say enough good things about this venue. The view are outstanding...but what really stood out was the people. Becca made the entire planning process so easy, and day-of she had people at every turn ready to help. Even the office staff at Collins Lake Resort went above and beyond to make sure our guests had a good experience. Our family has a long history of destination weddings (Jamaica, Italy, Mexico to name a few) and multiple people told us this was the prettiest venue and nicest staff of all of them.

Sent on 07/24/2019

Jenna · Married on 01/17/2019

Made our Perfect Day Truly Perfect!!

I could not be happier that we chose to get married at Mount Hood Skibowl!! When we decided to tie the knot, we knew we wanted a snowy mountain get-away and let me tell you, Mount Hood Skibowl did not disappoint- at all! Our highlights are: First, their pricing for what they offer is a steal! We contacted MANY resorts in multiple states for our destination ski resort wedding, and not only was Skibowl one of the cheaper options, but their wedding packages include SO many perks (in more detail below)!! Small example of this, they transported everyone to and from the wedding site in shuttles and had a snow mobile travel my elderly grandfather to the lodge. Second, Becca K., their wedding planner extraordinaire, made our perfect day absolutely perfect. She coordinated everything for us and made our plans come together perfectly! She was quick to respond to my many questions, answered every question I had, and gave me a lot of really great advice because she truly is the expert. A small example of what she did to make our experience so amazing: She not only helped us plan our wedding, she coordinated the rehearsal dinner off-site, and we literally showed up on the day-of and did not lift a darn finger- she handled it all. Amazing! Another example, because I seriously love her, is she coordinated the BEST SEND OFF ever. Hello tubing down the hill in a wedding dress and suit! Third, FOOD AND DRINK. Seriously, spectacular. Guests raved all night about the hors d'oeuvres, the Traeger-smoked salmon and our signature cocktails. It was a gorgeous, perfect experience and I would not change one single detail.

Sent on 02/10/2019

Erika · Married on 09/28/2018

Highly recommend

Becca was absolutely fantastic! I can say we did not give her much to work with, yet, some how she made our wedding even better than we could have ever imagined. The venue was so unique and Mt Hood was the perfect back drop for the wedding. The staff was all so friendly and accommodating - again can't say enough good things.

Sent on 10/17/2018

Jaimie · Married on 09/07/2018

I cannot say enough great things about McKenna, Becca, and the catering/wedding day staff at SkiBowl. We had our perfect day and everything went so smoothly. McKenna was organized and clearly answered our questions. The location was top notch and we both love the rustic feel on the mountainside with the best view of Mt. Hood. Safety is important and they provide shuttle services at the end of the night back to one of their partner properties and you can dance into the night (2am) if you really want to :-) We were so happy to not have to shut down our party at 10pm like many other venues, or have turn the music down due to neighbors. The venue is relaxed and great for families and the food was delicious. We were fortunate with the weather for our September wedding and had a beautiful day. We are excited to have such a cool place be so special to us. Thank you again!

Sent on 10/04/2018
  • Tayler-Anne

Tayler-Anne · Married on 07/15/2018

Outstanding!

Not only is the venue incredibly gorgeous, it is an active experience that will have your guests talking about it for a lifetime. Becca and all the staff were phenomenal! I mean everyone! Becca answered all of our questions efficiently and effectively. If I had any stress it was quickly relieved. They know what they’re doing! 100% recommend! My wedding was more special than I could ever ask for.

Sent on 08/05/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 06/30/2018

At one point during our reception, as we feasted on the most incredible food, my husband and I looked at each other and simultaneously concluded, “This is absolutely phenomenal.” We decided then and there that on a scale of 1 to 10, SkiBowl came in somewhere between 14 and 75! We cannot say enough about how truly exceptional our experience was with our wedding at SkiBowl. Right from the start, Becca was on it – she is an absolute godsend (especially when planning a wedding from out of state). With all the calm and resolve of a seasoned pro, Becca answered each email and phone call, and kept us on track with reminders full of excitement as the date got closer. As we arrived on site the weekend of our wedding, she and McKenna were on it – and I mean ON. IT. They handled every detail, making sure that if we needed anything, it was achieved almost instantaneously. And then there was Tamara – any detail when it came to getting things finalized and set up, she was so gracious and made sure it was done exactly how we hoped. She is truly wonderful, and such an amazing woman to chat with amidst the chaos! And then day-of… EVERY employee made us smile. From the set-up crews to the lift operators. Each person on staff damn near made me cry with gratitude. Up at the warming hut, Laura was our gal, and she outdid herself – she welcomed our family and friends with such grace and warmth! Her heart was shining, and I am so thankful to have met her. Her presence only added to the perfection of the day. Every person made a point to congratulate us and wish us well in our marriage, and shared in our excitement so genuinely that you’d have thought they knew us personally. I can say without hesitation that at SkiBowl, YOUR joy is THEIR joy. I truly hope this gets back to the whole staff that worked on 6/30/18 because we want to thank ALL of you for making our day even better than we could have hoped for!

Sent on 07/12/2018

Amanda · Married on 06/23/2018

Skibowl was the perfect venue for our wedding! From the chairlift to the gorgeous ceremony site to the alpine slide, this was the most amazing venue. Our guests were completely wowed at how beautiful everything was and we are so grateful that Skibowl allowed us to share some of our PNW living with our out-of-state friends and family. Everyone had such an amazing time and only had great things to say about the lodging, location, and staff.

We felt like the entire staff at Skibowl had a huge role in making our day perfect. There were so many big and small details that they took care of, both in the time leading up to the wedding and throughout the whole wedding weekend. Becca was always quick to respond and super helpful and accommodating during the planning process. All of the day-of staff were friendly and professional. There were so many examples of them going above and beyond on our wedding day – Becca driving my step-father to the ceremony site in her personal vehicle because he was unable to navigate the steps in the shuttle, the staff setting up and restocking our high maintenance s’mores bar for dessert, Becca transporting the ceremony sound system down to the reception area right after the ceremony because our rented reception equipment was faulty, and the catering staff sending us home with a boxed up dinner at the end of the night.

Everything was perfect, and we are so grateful that our friends and families will always have this memory!

Sent on 08/30/2018

Lauren · Married on 06/02/2018

We had an absolutely amazing experience getting married at Mt. Hood Skibowl. The staff, especially Becca, were incredibly nice and helpful. Becca walked us through every step and made sure we were kept on track with all of our decisions. The venue is simply stunning. From the mid-mountain ceremony with the snow capped mountain in the background, to the alpine slide (which I went down in my wedding dress!), and finally the reception tent covered in string lights and chandeliers. The food is incredible as well. We have gotten so many compliments from our friends and family about this venue. I would highly recommend Skibowl to any couple looking for a fun outdoor wedding!

Sent on 06/16/2018

Thomas · Married on 09/16/2017

Becca did an absolutely incredible job of helping us out with everything we needed. She was extremely responsive over email and amazingly organized, and we felt very confident with her help for the wedding. In the months leading up to the event, we had dozens of questions for Becca which she answered patiently, guiding us through the wedding planning process. The staff at the event was very nice and helpful. We cannot recommend this venue enough!

We had our rehearsal dinner at Multorpor Lodge on site, and it was a great space for the event -- it was beautiful, but also felt small and intimate. Watch out for the chipmunks, though -- they stole some of our favors in the hours between setting up and having the dinner.

We also highly recommend going to the tasting in the spring -- the food was delicious, and we were really happy to be able to pick out exactly what we wanted for the wedding day. They were very accommodating for the various dietary restrictions we had, and all of our guests with food allergies were impressed by their thoughtfulness!

Sent on 10/16/2017

Lissa · Married on 07/28/2017

I'm currently in the process of trying to get all my engaged friends to get married at Skibowl as well. Skibowl is incredible! The venue is even better than the pictures make it look, the staff were all friendly and super helpful, and Becca made the whole planning process easy and fun. They took care of pretty much everything for us, and directed us towards awesome affordable vendors for flowers, photography and DJ Chad. It was just so special and wonderful, I don't really even have the words to describe it. We LOVED our wedding and are so grateful to Skibowl for helping to make it so special!

Sent on 09/24/2017

Emily · Married on 07/08/2017

All of our wedding guests have said the same thing: Our wedding was unforgettable. Between taking a chairlift to the ceremony, watching us say our vows with a sweeping view of Mount Hood as a backdrop and taking an alpine slide to the reception, it's easy to see why. I am so happy that all of our family and friends had a blast, but it was also perfect for me and my husband. If you want a fun and adventurous venue and breathtaking photos to cherish, this is your spot. Becca, the coordinator at Skibowl, was fantastic. She alone is a reason to have your wedding here. She was someone who was fantastic to work with as she was reasonable and a good communicator -- things that are paramount to keeping the stress of wedding planning low. Can't rave about it enough!

Sent on 07/17/2017

Sabrina · Married on 07/23/2016

BEST. WEDDING. VENUE. EVER! If you want to have an adventurous wedding in Oregon, look no further. At Ski bowl, you and your guests will ride a chairlift up to the middle of the mountain overlooking Mt. Hood, then take an alpine slide to the reception at the base! The on-site coordinator Becca is better than any wedding planner you could ask for. She answered my incessant emails promptly, and was present every step of the way for rehearsal and the wedding to ensure it went smoothly. We had many guests tell us the food was the best wedding food they had ever tried (and it's true!), that everything was flawless (thanks to Becca!), and that overall it was by far the most fun and unique wedding they had ever been to. So if you are an outdoorsy couple who wants to throw a wedding a little off the beaten path, look no further!

Sent on 07/28/2016

Chelsea · Married on 07/09/2016

I got married at Skibowl a few weeks ago. Becca was our event coordinator and she is great. She helped us plan our wedding day the months leading up to it and made it so I didn't have to worry about anything the day of. When you book Skibowl as a wedding venue in July you know in Oregon there is always a chance of rain, but you don't think it will rain on your day. The week before my wedding rain was predicted all day for our wedding and it was predicted to be very very cold. Becca was there to help relieve my stress, making sure they had clear umbrella's on hand for all the guests, extra shuttle services if needed, and rearranging the tent site incase we changed our mind about going up the mountain last minute. It ended up not raining on our wedding day! But, it was really great to see all the effort Becca put in to relieve my stress in the days before. The tent was gorgeous, all the staff were super friendly and professional, the food was amazing, and the experience was perfect for us (guests riding the chairlifts, the forest setting, and the slides back down). I would highly recommend this wedding venue to any couple looking for a unique outdoor wedding in a beautiful setting.

Sent on 07/22/2016

Shelby · Married on 08/14/2014

Cara Fisher was amazing. thanks for everything. It was the best wedding we have ever been to :-)

Sent on 06/25/2015

We worked with Cara who was a fantastic coordinator - very responsive and helpful. Miranda took over in the weeks before our wedding date, and we just loved her! Everyone is very organized and eager to make our day amazing... and it was! Our guests were blown away by the experience of the day (ski lift to the site, alpine slide back down), and the tent party, and the good food! It was a wonderful day and Skibowl was the perfect venue for us!

Sent on 04/24/2015

Erika · Married on 09/07/2013

Getting married at Skibowl was amazing! We are an outdoorsy couple so of course getting married on a mountain made sense, but outdoorsy or not the location is stunning and our coordinator and the staff made everything so easy. Food, drink, staff, tables & chairs and tent were provided and that saved me a lot of stress and money from having to hire & rent everything separately. We were completely taken care of from day one and we were able to have the wedding we wanted, our own decorations, dj, menu etc. What I really appreciated was the communication for our coordinator from day one and how smooth everything went the day of. I also appreciated that the day of our wedding the sun came out and it was absolutely gorgeous! Mt hood is the perfect backdrop in our wedding photos. I can't think of a better location for an outdoor wedding in the Portland area,.

Sent on 04/28/2015

4.2

Our wedding experience was great at Mt. Hood Skibowl. Our guests really enjoyed the views, chairlift ride to ceremony site, alpine slide down to reception and the great food. Skibowl was very flexible and able to adapt to our desired experience. They were very helpful with planning assistance and was available on the day of wedding to coordinate some key items.

Sent on 07/08/2015

Lacey · Married on 09/17/2016

3.2
      2.0
      1.0
      3.0

I pinned the ski bowl a few years ago after moving to Portland and I was so excited for my mountain wedding late summer 2016. Unfortunately, my wedding day had rain from the moment I woke up till I laid my head down for bed that night. I understand that rain is something that happens with outdoor weddings and isn't something that cannot be controlled.
    The majority of my wedding photos have the multicolored tents in them since the venue was unequipped to handle the rain. I know that it doesn't rain often for the events but for the 1 person it does, its dream crushing and heart wrenching to watch all your expectations go out the door in flash. I felt like I was lost so much, if it is a wet day the mountain view, romantic chair lift ride and the thrill of alpine slide get scratched. To lose so much it would be nice if there was a classier option than get married where you’re going to eat or having camping style tents in all your formal photographs. These same tents make a lovely appearance in my reception photographs as well.
    I understand that the venue team was probably cold and wet and wanted to go home, but I also wanted to have a dream wedding and thought I had the space reserved. The team also kept poking the tent with a stick causing water to gush down, creating a huge puddle in front of the bar making it uncomfortable to get drinks and fairly distracting.
    I was under the impression from our rental that we had the reception area all day. I thought our event had a modest end time of 10 pm. During our party the team was breaking down the space, removing decor and linens from the table. With all the rain the last thing I wanted to do was discourage the few guest we had to leave, but the hustle and bustle of clean up, I feel like it pushed our guest out quickly and most of the young crowd retreated to a local bar for fun.
    There are some pluses to the Skibowl, Becca was wonderful to work with and the food tasted great.

Sent on 05/03/2017