Mrs. J's Baking & Catering Reviews

82 | Charlotte, TN

82 Reviews for Mrs. J's Baking & Catering

Karen Hunt · Getting married on 07/08/2021

Fantastic!!

Absolutely loved working with Celeste! She truly cares about every detail and offered wonderful suggestions on menu items to accommodate everyone. Very professional staff! The food was absolutely delicious and the whole experience was wonderful beginning to end. We received many compliments on the food at the wedding and wouldn't hesitate to have Mrs. J's cater again for us.

Sent on 11/11/2019
  • Michelle

Michelle Moisant Zazworsky · Getting married on 04/09/2021

Wonderful!!!

First class catering all the way around! Having worked in the catering business in the past, I must say that Celeste impressed me on every level! The food is fabulous. The staff is super cordial. They were punctual and organized. They showed up, set up (even the cake pop table that we did not purchase from them), and started serving up the best southern food around before I even knew they were here (and it was in my backyard). They didn't bother me for anything; they just made it happen!!! If you are looking for a competent, professional, friendly caterer...look no further! Thank you, Celeste!!! You were an integral part in making my daughters wedding a huge success!!! You rocked it!!!

Sent on 10/02/2019
  • Justin

Justin Rothbart · Married on 10/19/2019

Amazing food, Amazing service

Celeste helped prepare a delicious menu for our wedding that included BBQ, mac-and-cheese, and a fall vegetable medley. She did a great job communicating with us throughout the process and checking in with us when we were overwhelmed with all the wedding details, and our friends and family raved about the food. I would HIGHLY recommend Celeste and her team for any catering needs.

Sent on 11/03/2019

Elaine Mcfarland · Married on 06/29/2019

Perfect food and service

It was exactly what we ordered. Several guests were complimentary about the food and service. That made us feel good. We were served like we were a king and queen. Thank you for coming to Lawrenceburg.

Sent on 07/19/2019
  • Angela

Angela Tourville Camper · Married on 06/07/2019

Mountain Wedding at Sampson's Hollow

Celeste was such a joy to work with! Living near Nashville and planning a wedding menu held in Maryville could have been very stressful! Celste was a wealth of suggestions, planning and preperations! The food was absolutely wonderful! The service very professional and her personal touches were spot on! I look forward to working with Celeste again in the future!

Sent on 06/30/2019
  • Morgan

Morgan Camper · Married on 06/07/2019

Absolutely wonderful all around

Celeste is an absolutely amazing woman! She is so sweet and kind and very professional. She was so easy to work with even though she had to travel 4 hours to my wedding venue in Maryville, TN. She is prepared for anything and everything. She made sure everything was exactly how I wanted and even added her personal touches to make it better! The food was PHENOMENAL. Our guests had nothing but great things to say about the food! She made sure to make plates for my husband and I and brought them to us as soon as we sat down. I definitely recommend using her for your wedding or any event you want catered!

Sent on 06/30/2019

Elizabeth Gray · Married on 05/10/2019

Slap your grandma good

Where to begin. Ms. Celeste is the warmest soul you will ever meet. I was welcomed with open arms to taste what I found to be some of the most delicious food I have ever put into my mouth. I was one of those difficult clients that wanted a specific food to match my wedding theme, and BOY, DID MS. CELESTE DELIVER. I had requested chicken Parmesan, but was on a limited budget. Ms. Celeste graciously created a chicken Parmesan casserole and THE BEST side dishes. I was curious to how the casserole would taste since I had never heard of such a thing, but again "BOY, DID MS. CELESTE DELIVER." After trying Ms. Celeste's food, I guarantee you won't have to look anywhere else. What really solidified my decision was the way Ms. Celeste treated both my now husband and myself. She was so kind and understanding to our budget, but understood that the food was a big deal to us. Ms. Celeste created a unique and special meal that my guests still rave about! Ms. Celeste is so warm, loving, and humble. She will treat you with the utmost respect while making your heart and tummy happy. I STRONGLY suggest you stop looking anywhere else and hire the lovely Ms. Celeste. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 11/05/2019

Joe Harms · Married on 05/12/2018

Celeste was fantastic!

Mrs. J's provided everything we wanted out of a caterer and even more. My wife and I live in Atlanta, but got married in Nashville, so we had to cram most of our wedding planning into one weekend. She was super flexible with us and very accommodating to both our schedule and the foods we wanted.

The food was all phenomenal, several guests commented about how much they loved our biscuit bar. Her prices were very reasonable, and it was clear that she cared very much about helping to make our wedding special. I would absolutely recommend Mrs. J's to anyone!

Sent on 03/31/2019

Joseph · Married on 10/15/2016

Our daughter was married on a spectacular afternoon October 2016 . The wedding was a gorgeous affair lovingly designed by friends and family. Mrs. J's catering was a huge part of our successful celebration. Celeste was wonderful and helped bring our menu to perfection. Our guest loved our food selections and the food quality was excellent. We truly appreciate Celeste and her professional team and highly recommend!

Sent on 02/08/2017

Cameron · Married on 07/30/2016

Mrs Js catered our recent, outdoor summer wedding and we could not have enjoyed working with Celeste more. She is such a kind and fun person to get to know. From the moment of our initial email to tasting her beautiful food to the wedding itself, working with her felt like working with family. She cares about your happiness and enjoyment of the day, and we could not have imagined our wedding without her. Her food is outstanding – we had multiple people gush afterwards in agreement about how tasty it was, and her desserts (we had a giant post dinner dessert table) are not to be missed! We hope you have a chance to reach out and work with her, and Celeste thank you for making our wedding so delicious!

Sent on 09/20/2016

Even in the early planning stages of our wedding, my husband and I knew that we wanted Southern foods that we both grew up on. When looking for caterers, not many served fried chicken which is what we wanted to serve as our main dish at the reception. Then we found Mrs. J's. Celeste was a joy to work with and was able to create the most perfect menu for our special day! We had appetizers of fruit, cheese, and crackers, along with ham and rolls, a dinner menu of Southern fried chicken, green beans, mac & cheese, and a spring strawberry salad along with yeast rolls. She also included sweet tea and water. The food was absolutely delicious and we got so many compliments on it as well as on Celeste and her staff! Overall, I cannot say enough good things about Mrs. J's Baking and Catering!

Sent on 06/28/2016

Suzanne · Married on 04/09/2016

Celeste was wonderful to work with. She was so kind and offered use of any of her serving dishes as part of the deal. But the main thing was that the food was delicious! We heard so many impressed guests raving about it. Her presentation was adorable, too. We would recommend her in a heartbeat!

Sent on 05/26/2016

Jennifer · Married on 11/08/2015

Absolutely LOVED our experience with Celeste at Mrs. J's. The Krispy Kreme Casserole was the most divine dish ever created and the most talked about item at our brunch. Even weeks after! She was such a pleasure to work with and we loved everything she made. Her staff was professional and made our party move smoothly throughout the event.

Sent on 07/06/2017

Jess · Married on 11/07/2015

Mrs J's was an absolute pleasure to work with. The presentation was beautiful. The food was absolutely amazing, our guests raved about the food . Thank you Celeste for helping make our day special.

Sent on 11/13/2015
  • O

Olivia · Married on 10/24/2015

Celeste was AMAZING to work with! She is fast to respond to emails, and is very helpful answering any questions you may have. When we officially met Celeste, I was so much more excited about our decision! She is so kind and very fun! Our food was AWESOME, especially that mac n cheese (as well as everything else!) :) Our guests were raving about how yummy everything was, and we could not be happier with our decision! Celeste, thank you so very much for contributing to our special day!

Sent on 11/10/2015

It was obvious from our first meeting that Celeste wanted to me to be 100% happy. She and her staff were capable and professional, but also very pleasant to work with.

Sent on 11/18/2015

Kay · Married on 09/06/2015

Mrs J's Catering was simply amazing! Celeste made the entire process so easy and it doesn't hurt that she is the nicest person you would ever want to meet. Her food is Southern homecooking at its finest! Our guests (even our videographer!) say its the best food they have ever had at a wedding. Do yourself a favor and hire her!

Sent on 09/17/2015

Chase · Married on 07/11/2015

Mrs. J's Baking & Catering was amazing all the way around. They were professional, courteous, and most of all the food was delicious. Many people came up to me during the wedding to tell me how good the food was. Also, her prices were the best we found. Great value!

Sent on 08/05/2015

Collette · Married on 06/20/2015

Everyone at Mrs. J's was a delight to work with and the food was wonderful!! Celeste walked us through the process of finding the right menu - the groom and I have very different tastes :). We ended up with some lovely appetizers, a delicious southern food buffet, and a cake table with 5 of her desserts. The food was so tasty and our guests raved about it! My favorites were the chicken poppy seed casserole and the lemon cake. Not only was the food delicious, but it was also displayed beautifully.

Mrs. J's took such care with all aspects: food quality, aesthetics and service. We would absolutely use them again and recommend to any of our friends!

Sent on 08/20/2015

Laura · Married on 06/13/2015

After reading so many great reviews, and after checking out her (delicious, extensive) menu options, I booked Celeste to cater our wedding of 80 people. All through dinner I just kept thinking, "This is the best food I've ever had at a wedding!" She was always responsive (generally by email), and even adjusted the numbers a few days before when we had some unexpected RSVPs. The food was, as I said, to die for - highlights were the blue cheese mac and the pork barbecue. Her serving staff are all just about the nicest people on this green earth, as well.

Thank you, Mrs. J's. :)

Sent on 06/27/2015

Jenn · Married on 06/06/2015

Don’t look anywhere else for a Nashville wedding caterer! Celeste is incredibly easy to work with. She is responsive, attentive, flexible, and highly professional. She was present and engaged in brainstorming and willing to tailor the menu to exactly what we wanted. She had so many creative ideas that we hadn’t even thought of when it comes to homestyle cooking! But most of all, Celeste is a genuinely kind person. In a day when outstanding customer service is hard to come by, Celeste stands head and shoulders above the rest! Highly recommended.

Sent on 01/17/2015

Margo · Married on 05/23/2015

If you are looking for a caterer for your event please give Mrs J's a call. She was so nice and very helpful with all my questions. Always got back with me in a timely manner. On the day of the wedding she was there on time with her staff and most importantly the food was wonderful!!

Sent on 08/12/2015

Tara · Married on 05/16/2015

Celeste and her team were fabulous on our big day. Very professional and seamless service. She worked with our budget and made everything perfect. So impressed with all of our food. Everything was amazingly delicious. Thank you Mrs. J's for all your hard work and dedication.

Sent on 08/04/2015

Nicole · Married on 04/18/2015

For our wedding we chose Mrs. J's Baking & Catering. After looking over the menu options I felt pretty good with my choice for vendor. However, after meeting with Celeste I knew that I had made the right decision. She was so flexible and offered great suggestions that we greatly appreciated. She was on top of everything and didn't miss a beat. Not to mention the food was amazing! The jalepeno mac and cheese was wonderful and my wedding guests still compliment me on the food that was served. Everyone was very professional during the reception and I felt as though the service was executed perfectly. If I had to chose a vendor for catering again I would definitely pick Mrs. J's Baking & Catering!

Sent on 08/13/2015

Amy · Married on 04/17/2015

Mrs J's Catering has Awesome country food...fried chicken, green beans, macaroni and cheese, salad, rolls, sweet tea, and the best banana pudding and rocky road brownies ever!!! We fed 40 people for a wedding rehersal and had an great meal.

Sent on 05/13/2015