73 Reviews for Mrs. J's Baking & Catering

Stations (1)
No Pork (1)
Vegetarian (1)
70 Mrs. J's Baking & Catering Reviews

Our daughter was married on a spectacular afternoon October 2016 . The wedding was a gorgeous affair lovingly designed by friends and family. Mrs. J's catering was a huge part of our successful celebration. Celeste was wonderful and helped bring our menu to perfection. Our guest loved our food selections and the food quality was excellent. We truly appreciate Celeste and her professional team and highly recommend!

Profile Picture User7763107, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Mrs Js catered our recent, outdoor summer wedding and we could not have enjoyed working with Celeste more. She is such a kind and fun person to get to know. From the moment of our initial email to tasting her beautiful food to the wedding itself, working with her felt like working with family. She cares about your happiness and enjoyment of the day, and we could not have imagined our wedding without her. Her food is outstanding – we had multiple people gush afterwards in agreement about how tasty it was, and her desserts (we had a giant post dinner dessert table) are not to be missed! We hope you have a chance to reach out and work with her, and Celeste thank you for making our wedding so delicious!

Profile Picture User6644883, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Even in the early planning stages of our wedding, my husband and I knew that we wanted Southern foods that we both grew up on. When looking for caterers, not many served fried chicken which is what we wanted to serve as our main dish at the reception. Then we found Mrs. J's. Celeste was a joy to work with and was able to create the most perfect menu for our special day! We had appetizers of fruit, cheese, and crackers, along with ham and rolls, a dinner menu of Southern fried chicken, green beans, mac & cheese, and a spring strawberry salad along with yeast rolls. She also included sweet tea and water. The food was absolutely delicious and we got so many compliments on it as well as on Celeste and her staff! Overall, I cannot say enough good things about Mrs. J's Baking and Catering!

Profile Picture User4627169, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, American, Southern

Celeste was wonderful to work with. She was so kind and offered use of any of her serving dishes as part of the deal. But the main thing was that the food was delicious! We heard so many impressed guests raving about it. Her presentation was adorable, too. We would recommend her in a heartbeat!

Profile Picture Suzanne, 4/9/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Absolutely LOVED our experience with Celeste at Mrs. J's. The Krispy Kreme Casserole was the most divine dish ever created and the most talked about item at our brunch. Even weeks after! She was such a pleasure to work with and we loved everything she made. Her staff was professional and made our party move smoothly throughout the event.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 11/8/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Mrs J's was an absolute pleasure to work with. The presentation was beautiful. The food was absolutely amazing, our guests raved about the food . Thank you Celeste for helping make our day special.

Profile Picture Jess, 11/7/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Celeste was AMAZING to work with! She is fast to respond to emails, and is very helpful answering any questions you may have. When we officially met Celeste, I was so much more excited about our decision! She is so kind and very fun! Our food was AWESOME, especially that mac n cheese (as well as everything else!) :) Our guests were raving about how yummy everything was, and we could not be happier with our decision! Celeste, thank you so very much for contributing to our special day!

Profile Picture Olivia, 10/24/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

It was obvious from our first meeting that Celeste wanted to me to be 100% happy. She and her staff were capable and professional, but also very pleasant to work with.

Profile Picture User5626776, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Stations, American
4.2

Our food was fantastic and we received very good feedback from our guests!

Profile Picture Jasmin, 10/10/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Buffet, Southern

Mrs J's Catering was simply amazing! Celeste made the entire process so easy and it doesn't hurt that she is the nicest person you would ever want to meet. Her food is Southern homecooking at its finest! Our guests (even our videographer!) say its the best food they have ever had at a wedding. Do yourself a favor and hire her!

Profile Picture Kay , 9/6/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres, American, No Pork, Vegetarian

Mrs. J's Baking & Catering was amazing all the way around. They were professional, courteous, and most of all the food was delicious. Many people came up to me during the wedding to tell me how good the food was. Also, her prices were the best we found. Great value!

Profile Picture Chase, 7/11/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Everyone at Mrs. J's was a delight to work with and the food was wonderful!! Celeste walked us through the process of finding the right menu - the groom and I have very different tastes :). We ended up with some lovely appetizers, a delicious southern food buffet, and a cake table with 5 of her desserts. The food was so tasty and our guests raved about it! My favorites were the chicken poppy seed casserole and the lemon cake. Not only was the food delicious, but it was also displayed beautifully.

Mrs. J's took such care with all aspects: food quality, aesthetics and service. We would absolutely use them again and recommend to any of our friends!

Profile Picture Collette, 6/20/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

After reading so many great reviews, and after checking out her (delicious, extensive) menu options, I booked Celeste to cater our wedding of 80 people. All through dinner I just kept thinking, "This is the best food I've ever had at a wedding!" She was always responsive (generally by email), and even adjusted the numbers a few days before when we had some unexpected RSVPs. The food was, as I said, to die for - highlights were the blue cheese mac and the pork barbecue. Her serving staff are all just about the nicest people on this green earth, as well.

Thank you, Mrs. J's. :)

Profile Picture Laura, 6/13/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Don’t look anywhere else for a Nashville wedding caterer! Celeste is incredibly easy to work with. She is responsive, attentive, flexible, and highly professional. She was present and engaged in brainstorming and willing to tailor the menu to exactly what we wanted. She had so many creative ideas that we hadn’t even thought of when it comes to homestyle cooking! But most of all, Celeste is a genuinely kind person. In a day when outstanding customer service is hard to come by, Celeste stands head and shoulders above the rest! Highly recommended.

Profile Picture Jenn, 6/6/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

If you are looking for a caterer for your event please give Mrs J's a call. She was so nice and very helpful with all my questions. Always got back with me in a timely manner. On the day of the wedding she was there on time with her staff and most importantly the food was wonderful!!

Profile Picture Margo, 5/23/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Celeste and her team were fabulous on our big day. Very professional and seamless service. She worked with our budget and made everything perfect. So impressed with all of our food. Everything was amazingly delicious. Thank you Mrs. J's for all your hard work and dedication.

Profile Picture Tara, 5/16/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

For our wedding we chose Mrs. J's Baking & Catering. After looking over the menu options I felt pretty good with my choice for vendor. However, after meeting with Celeste I knew that I had made the right decision. She was so flexible and offered great suggestions that we greatly appreciated. She was on top of everything and didn't miss a beat. Not to mention the food was amazing! The jalepeno mac and cheese was wonderful and my wedding guests still compliment me on the food that was served. Everyone was very professional during the reception and I felt as though the service was executed perfectly. If I had to chose a vendor for catering again I would definitely pick Mrs. J's Baking & Catering!

Profile Picture Nicole, 4/18/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Mrs J's Catering has Awesome country food...fried chicken, green beans, macaroni and cheese, salad, rolls, sweet tea, and the best banana pudding and rocky road brownies ever!!! We fed 40 people for a wedding rehersal and had an great meal.

Profile Picture Amy, 4/17/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We had the best experience with Mrs. J's! Communication & guidance gave us such peace of mind. Service and delivery was better than promised! Our guest feedback was excellent! Both rehearsal dinner and reception was beautifully displayed? & Served hot! I plan to use Mrs. J's again and would certainly recommend for any occasion!

Profile Picture Tammy, 3/22/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I cannot find enough accolades to describe Mrs. J's catering. As the mother of the groom responsible for the rehearsal dinner and living out of state, I cannot tell you how much I appreciated all she and her staff did to make this event so perfect. The food was absolutely delicious, the service outstanding and most importantly, I knew from the very beginning every detail would be handled in the most professional and friendly manner. I highly recommend Mrs. J's!!!!!!!!!!!!

Profile Picture Jackie, 3/22/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Celeste at Mrs J's is amazing! She was definitely my favorite person to work with out of all of my vendors. She worked within my budget, was always prompt and open to any of my ideas, and came through in a pinch when 2 companies that were supposed to make my cakes suddenly backed out!

The food was delicious and all of my family who had come in from Ohio were excited to eat some good old fashioned southern food. It couldnt have been any better! I want to get married again so I can eat more food!

Profile Picture Kendyl, 11/28/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

I don't think there is enough space on here for me to sing the praises of Mrs J (Celeste Morris). First, she has become almost like family to us. Now that the wedding is over, we are sad not to be talking with her all the time! We live in a different state but got married in TN. I contacted Mrs. J via email and arranged for her to "reserve" us as clients. When I finally got to drive to her beautiful home just outside the city and meet with her, I felt like I had known her for years.
Now let's talk FOOD. Mrs J's food is UNBELIEVABLE. You can tell she takes her time putting a little love into everything she makes. We sampled a lot of options at our tasting, and there was nothing I didn't want to eat 3,4 or 5 servings of. Even after the wedding, all my family and friends kept raving about how delicious everything was! I could not have asked for anything better. (besides her food being so delicious, her prices are very reasonable, too!)
She was also excellent when it came time to arrange the reception. She communicated with me and my fiance (now husband) frequently, updating the menus and pricing, and she put up with us when we couldn't make up our minds. As we were having our ceremony outdoors and we did not want a buffet style, we had to rent extra equipment for her to be able to serve her food hot and outdoors. She was so great at helping coordinate this, taking her time to drive to our reception site and walk through with the wedding coordinator (we live out of state so we couldn't do it!)
Mrs J is everything you could hope for in a caterer, and a friend. I can't wait to have another excuse to call her up for more!

Profile Picture Holly, 10/11/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Working with Celeste and the folks at Mrs. J's was such a pleasure! Celeste was super quick to respond to ANY question (catering-related or not) I had, since I was completely new to the wedding planning process. In the months leading up to the event to the night-of, her main goal was to be sure my husband and I were taken care of. We had so many guests compliment our choice of food - everything tasted great and exactly how we remembered from when we did our sample tasting. I'd highly recommend Mrs. J's to anybody!

Profile Picture Dana, 9/13/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Celeste (owner) was great at every stage of planning and on the wedding day. We started planning over a year out, and she communicated with me well all along the way. On the big day, she was very professional and punctual. She even helped repair our melting cake (from another vendor). The food was beyond excellent and just what we had hoped for. Everything was set up beautifully with just the look we wanted. The staff were all polite and provided excellent service.

Profile Picture Caitlin, 7/28/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Mrs J's was the BEST!!! Not only were they super helpful and flexible throughout the planning process, but the quality of service and food was AMAZING! We could not have asked for a better staff to make out guest feel at home.

My guests were head over heels for the cornbread pudding and Mrs J’s homemade peach barbeque sauce was delicious.

Profile Picture Sarah, 7/26/14, 1 Review