20 Reviews for Movin-Tunes

Do-Not-Play List (1)
Liability Insurance (1)
One Event Per Day (1)
Disco Ball (1)

David Otero was such a great hire for our July 14, 2018 wedding! Not only were his prices incredibly competitive, but also he waited patiently for months for us to get our act together and send him the songs we wanted. Then when we decided to throw in a secret dance routine in the middle of our first dance 3 weeks before our wedding, he cut his Hawaiian vacation short and got right to mixing a sample we could practice to. Okay, maybe he didn't cut his vacation short, but he did get us a mix as soon as he got back and he kept working through our numerous changes and additional requests.

Day of, he arrived early and not only did his setup, but also helped out with a bunch of other miscellaneous pre-ceremony crap that was so not his job. He was professional, helpful, and kept the show moving along, right on schedule! If you're a music lover and the playlist is really important to you, David is the DJ for you. He played a great mix of classic rock, dance, pop, and NO country, as requested. One guest commented that "that was the best music I've ever heard at a wedding. I think I heard Zeppelin like 4 times in an hour and it was awesome!"

If you decide to hire David, I'm pretty confident you won't regret it! He'll have you laughing, dancing, crying, and he'll make your wedding day that much easier.

Profile Picture Mishaela, 7/14/18, 1 Review
2.4

We were really excited to meet David and share our thoughts on what would make a great day for our wedding. He was great and very responsive leading up to the day of and got back to my emails in a very timely manner. When we had our final detailing call a few days before the wedding I felt good in our decision but unfortunately this was not the case on-site. He made quite a few mistakes and being that he was one of the preferred vendors on the venues list I was a little surprised to see so many issues day of. To start we filled out an extensive on-line form with all of our songs and details for the wedding. So we were of course surprised when our song for our grand entrance was not the right one. The song we chose was kind of a special song for my husband and I so we rolled with the mistake but it didn't go unnoticed. Next, I had asked that he supply a mic on a stand for my dads welcome speech being that my dad has issues standing and I didn't want him to have to juggle the mic while speaking. When it came time for my dads speech not only was there no mic on a stand but he also called my dad by the wrong name! Again, all names, songs and times were detailed heavily on the on-line form you fill out leading up to the wedding so how could he get the father of the brides name wrong. We had a small dance floor outside just for the B&G to dance with parents and after we ate and did speeches out there he opened the floor up for dancing totally forgetting that we need to do the parent dances. Luckily our day of coordinator (Kelli with High Tide Events) was a rock star and ran right over to tell him that we needed to to these dances before guests moved inside. The final blow was when we talked to guests after the wedding and they told us that during cocktail hour the Christmas Carol "Let It Snow" started playing and someone had to go and inform David! Overall it was a great wedding and a wonderful venue but I would not be able to recommend David to any friends or family!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Meghan, 6/1/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

David is such a fun DJ! Our ladies night was a huge succes! He is very professional, friendly, and flexible. He is so easy to work with. He has a really nice set up with every kind of music you can imagine. He will make your event meaningful without being the center of the party. I hate when DJ’s do that. David knows how to step back, create the atmosphere, and keep the fun happening!

Profile Picture Heidi, 5/26/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

David with Movin' Tunes was incredible to work with and we were so happy with our DJ experience! He was very responsive leading up to the day with all my annoying questions and put me at ease. He has a great online program where you input all your ceremony and reception info and can list must-play and do-not-play songs, which he listened to on the night of. Everything went smoothly at both the ceremony and reception, which was impressive considering we had three separate set-ups (we had two at the reception)! He also provided us cool lighting at the reception, free of charge. And the price was right! Definitely would recommend David to anyone!

Profile Picture Kelsey, 5/19/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Dave Otero is THE MAN! He did our uplighting, photobooth, and even DJ’d our wedding at the Prado. That’s right, he can do it all! First off, his uplighting emphasized and took the beauty of the Prado to a new level! The venue is already gorgeous on its own, but the uplighting added that pizzazz that you didn’t know you needed. And our photobooth was beyond amazing! The props and the quality of the photos were top notch. Some guests of mine kept going back to take solos! That’s how great that camera was, ha! He DJ’d the last hour of the night (we hired a band as well), and he KILLED IT! People were on the dance floor until the very end. And that was all thanks to him! We got all of our photobooth pictures (the individual image files and photo strip files) the Wednesday after our wedding – which is amazing because you get to see such great shots while waiting for your photos and video! We highly recommend Dave and all that he does!

Profile Picture User7238553, Recently Married, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

If you are looking for a DJ that can read an audience Dave with Movin-tunes is your guy! He was fantastic from start to finish! He knew what songs to play and when, our dance floor was NEVER empty.
We gave him a list of hundreds of songs (no joke) that we wanted and he made sure to download any he didn't have with no problems.
Let me also say that he has the coolest setup, his dj stand, lighting, and the ambiance he creates is just awesome!
Dave really invested his time in us, he went to our venue a couple times to get familiar with where he would be setting up and came to meet with us for dinner. Even though he knows it all, he never made us feel that way, other DJ's were not like this. It was all about what we wanted. We highly recommend Movin-tunes!!

Profile Picture Kelly, 9/3/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Disco Ball, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Liability Insurance, MC

David was wonderful. He provided audio for both our ceremony and reception. He helped with timing and coordination of wedding ceremony, and didn't bat an eye when I told him we didn't have a 'day of coordinator'.
He have great input regarding current trends and song ideas for things we wanted to incorporate.

Profile Picture Karla, 3/31/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Our wedding was on 9/26/15 in Temecula and David Otero was absolutely amazing! He was very friendly, personable, and professional. He kept a good flow all night and was very in tune with what my guests needed and kept us dancing all night. Everyone complimented him and was very impressed with his ability to play songs that included all age groups. My husband and I had a crazy work schedule leading up to the wedding and we were having difficulty selecting songs, but he was very helpful and supportive making our night perfect! I would highly recommend him!!

Profile Picture Mary, 9/26/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I'm from out of state so looking for a DJ was a daunting task. We were going back and forth on a DJ because of the cost. But when I talked with David and got a quote, I had a good feeling that we made the right choice. I could tell over the phone and FaceTime that he had the personality for us. He took the time to meet with us before the wedding and took extra care to find the specific version of a song for our first dance. He got there early to rig up extra lighting to make our dance floor pop (something I didn't think I cared about, but looked cool.) When there were problems with the venue's music system, he worked fast to relieve them. We vibed with him, he kept the party going, and were happy with his services! Friends came up to us after saying the music was perfect, and that really mattered to us. Cool dude, good prices!

Profile Picture Honora, 9/25/15, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

David Otero of Movin-Tunes was the DJ at our June 20 wedding at the Museum of Contemporary Art in La Jolla. He did a fantastic job!! We didn't fully appreciate how important a good DJ was and had not spent a whole lot of time thinking about it during our planning. But, the importance of the DJ become immediately apparent when the wedding began. David, with great subtlety and professionalism, really become the MC for the whole night. And regarding the music he very expertly transitioned through the various stages of the night. He helped get people on the to dance floor and then kept them going all night long with great selections. I cant say enough about how good he was.

Profile Picture kevin, 6/20/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

David was phenomenal. I threw my wedding together in 3 months and he was so helpful and responsive along the way. We had some requests that we thought he may never had heard of and he not only played the songs but found other stuff by similar artists to fill out the time. He had an awesome sound system for the ceremony, mic'd the pastor and the groom, then moved over and set up lightning fast for the cocktail hour and reception. He kept everyone on the dance floor all night! He even went to the venue the week before to scope out where to set up and put lighting. He is truly a professional in every way. I HIGHLY recommend him!!!

Profile Picture Kristen, 5/16/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Mov'nTunes is the premier DJ and MC for any wedding or major event. Before our wedding we worked very closely with the David in tailoring a perfect reception for our special day. During this process the DJ was very flexible in accommodating our needs and helping us plan out our reception. During the event, David, was a great MC, paying attention to all the small details that we didn't event think. From the very beginning of our reception, David carefully orchestrating our event from the time our wedding party made their grand entrance to coordinating our mariachi band during dinner. He even made time to share with our guest the story of how we met and fell in love. We could not have asked for a better DJ or MC. The only advice we could give, is to hire Mov'nTunes for your wedding event! You won't find a more professional or talented MC.

Profile Picture Veronica , 11/22/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I can honestly tell you that David made my wedding an unforgettable event! My husband and I got married on an island and had hired a local DJ. Things with her went south real quick when she began to tell us how our wedding was going to go down. David was then recommended by a friend. As a bride, the anxiety you feel cannot be accurately measured and as soon as I sat down with David, I knew I had made the right choice. He spent time going over what WE wanted for our wedding. I was so at ease, I imported him to the island just so I could have him make my wedding rock! What I like about David, is that he doesn't just stand there an play music. He kept the timetable going and made the wedding flow properly which was a concern for me as I chose not to have an event coordinator. Since budget was a concern for us, we were very selective about what we chose to include in our wedding. I can tell you, without a shred of doubt, that David was worth every penny paid.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 10/18/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

I wish I could do more than a 5 for value because they really were worth every penny and more. I got a chance to work with David he was very friendly and professional. I love that their website offers forms and checklist to better prepare you. Also, David constantly kept reminding me of things I might be forgetting which was a huge help. All my guest are still talking about what fun they had with the DJ. The music was exactly what I wanted it to be. I also loved how inconspicuous they were during the ceremony yet at the same time the sound was perfect. I really loved moving tunes and would highly, HIGHLY recommend them.

Profile Picture Alie, 9/28/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

David made our night so special! He felt like he was part of our family but was very professional at the same time. I would definitely refer him to everyone!

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/20/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Having David as the DJ at our reception is like having one of your best friend do it for you, he was very professional and had a high pain threshold towards our "heavily under the influence" guests, lol. To say he is flexible is an understatement. All in all, the music makes the party and David make the party pop. Thank you for a great experience brother!!!

Profile Picture david, 7/18/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I know it seems impossible to give anyone 5 stars for everything. But honestly, David with movin tunes was everything I could have hoped for in a wedding DJ. All the concerns I had before he addressed before the big day and the day of was absolutely perfect. The best thing about David was his situational awareness. He was so good at picking up on the small que's and the vibe of the wedding party. Played exactly what I wanted. Great MC on the mic. Can't say enough good things. If you need a DJ, ask David if he's available. And he was really reasonably priced too. Thanks David for everything. We really appreciated it.
Big day, July12th 2014
A and S

Profile Picture Alexei, 7/12/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Great DJ and Great Service!

Well where do I start? I interviewed a lot of DJ companies before I decided to go with Movin-Tunes. I knew that I wanted a fun night and that I would have some very specific needs, and based on my needs I felt they were the best for our wedding.

I worked closely with David Otero on planning and I was very pleased with the service I got. What was great was that he was able to taking me all the way through the planning process. I have heard horror stories from friends about their DJ and the service they got so I was a little nervous but he assured me everything would be exactly as we spoke about, and it was!

The music selection, emcee services and all of the lighting was great! I would definitely recommend Movin-Tunes. Our event was great because of them.

Profile Picture Raquel, 6/14/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Movin-Tunes is awesome!!! Dave Otero was our DJ and we absolutely loved him. He made the whole wedding process so fun. From the moment we met him we knew he was going to be our DJ for our big day. My wife and I both love music and love to dance so we needed a DJ that could make our guests dance all night and that is exactly what Dave did, he had great knowledge of all types of music and his MC skills were the best I have ever seen. Everyone still talks about our DJ and how much fun they had dancing at our wedding.

Profile Picture Daniel, 7/9/11, 1 Review
Category: DJ

David Otero is a real professional. He spent so much time with my husband and I picking out our music and helping us orchestrate the wedding. He was much more than a DJ, he ended up being one of the family by the end of the evening. David was perfect at figuring out what music to play and when. He even got my grandmother out on the dance floor. I highly recommend Movin Tunes!

Profile Picture Danielle, 3/13/11, 1 Review