Movin-Tunes Reviews

Movin-Tunes 5
  • Shayna

Shayna · Married on 10/19/2019

Dj simple in da house!

My husband and I got married at the Coronado Cays Yacht club in October 2019. We had a 2+ year engagement so DJ Simple aka David had to deal with me for a long time :P. He really is the best. He made our day run SUPER smoothly and made it the most fun! I wanted a disco ball, he made it happen. A month before the wedding I decided I wanted a photo booth, no problem! Again, since we had such a long engagement, our initial contract was signed for 5-10:30pm, but I later figured out I needed him earlier since the ceremony started at 4:30. He gladly adjusted the timeline. The dance party was still in full swing at 10:30 so he offered to stay until 11/the venue curfew. He didn't charge me anything for the deviations to our initial contracted time (what a nice guy!!!!). For our parent dance, my father-in-law sang and played guitar. David took care of him by providing microphones, etc. My father-in-law still can't stop talking about how helpful and kind he was and how David also showed him some of his mixing skillz (jealous I wasn't there to learn). I highly recommend DJ Simple. I think he is one of the major reasons why I had the best time at my wedding. He made the timeline of events flow which allowed me to be in-the-moment and present and I didn't really have to worry about anything! He knows how to keep a dance party groovin, hes really organized and fun, and his DJ booth (word choice?) is absolutely beautiful!

Sent on 11/06/2019
  • Rob

Rob DeRieux · Married on 09/07/2019

Exceptional, Professional, Charismatic, Prepared, Perfect.

Hiring a DJ for a wedding or any event can be so difficult because of how crucial they are to making the event a success. They are the face, the voice and the life of the party. I’ve been to so many weddings and being a DJ myself I might be critical but the majority miss the mark for me and some are down right terrible. Dave with Movin Tunes blows the mark out of the water. Dave is a full service wedding DJ with every last detail you need to make your wedding run smooth, look stylish, vibe perfectly and rock out! Trust me, have one conversation with Dave and you will know you are dealing with an experienced professional with personality, knowledge and all the right gear to make your dream day perfect. You need multiple sound systems for ceremony and reception.... he’s got it. You want uplighting and spot lights for decor, he’s got you. You need projectors for a slide show or gobo... he’s got you. You want top quality sound equipment and an infinite library of music for your event he’s got it! State of the art photo booth with background options... no problem. He even gave us a slideshow put to music of our choice with all the photo booth photos. I got the idea to project a wedding logo on the wall for the dance after the reception the WEEK OF OUR WEDDING and I was worried it was too late but I called Dave anyways. Like any other question I had for him through the whole experience he responded “No problem, I got you”. He rush ordered the gobo and had it next day aired and it arrived the day before. Oh and it looked amazing. I truly can’t say enough about Dave and our experience. He absolutely killed it and made our dream day perfect!

Movin-Tunes 6
    Movin-Tunes 7
    Movin-Tunes 8
    Movin-Tunes 9
    Movin-Tunes 10
    Sent on 09/11/2019

Movin-Tunes's reply:

Oh wow. Thanks so much For the kind words Rob! You and Nicky were so amazing last Saturday! It was a complete honor and privilege to entertain you, your family and your guests!

• Melina

Melina · Married on 06/01/2019

Fun and Professional

David was amazing! We met with David and he had the energy we were looking for. David included uplights and a cake light in our package. He worked with us so we had all our must play songs on the list for our wedding. He cued the music perfectly for our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. David was fun at our wedding and gave some sweet words of advice before our ceremony. You will not be disappointed, David is excellent!

Movin-Tunes 11
    Sent on 07/11/2019
  • John

John Kennedy · Married on 03/09/2019

Hands down the best decision we made!!

I can't put into words how incredibly amazing Dave is. He gets 5 stars in every aspect only because they won't let me rate him 1,000,000 stars. He is extremely responsive and on top of every aspect. He guided us through every step of the process and even gave us excellent recommendations for our wedding day. He goes way way above and beyond and takes the extra step in every area. Flexible is an understatement, he dealt with all our questions, concerns and was willing to do anything we asked of him. When it comes to a special event that is important to you this is the guy you want to hire, trust us! He is an incredible value and by far the best money we spent for our wedding. He had the place rocking with his vast selections of tunes, from every genre from every decade. His lights were on point and his talking on the microphone skills had everyone doing what they needed to be doing and added that extra touch that many neglect. His photo booth was so cool and made for a lot of special memories for life. I truly can't say enough when it comes to how awesome our experience with him as our DJ was. Now call this guy, look no further and don't spend another second stressing on this aspect of your event. We may have hired a DJ but feel like we now have a new friend!!

Sent on 03/12/2019

Movin-Tunes's reply:

I have to first say thank you 🙏That 8 song grand entrance was so cool!!! Your family and guests were above polite and welcoming! I really could see you and your family as close friends!

Thank you again!
  • Mari

Mari · Married on 10/13/2018

The music was the highlight of our reception!

Music is very important to my wife and I. Almost a religion. Something we cherish and take fairly seriously. So when it came to find a DJ for our wedding we didn’t envy the task for whoever we hired. But after one meeting with David of Movin’ Tunes we knew we had our guy. His witty, outgoing, and gregarious nature, along with his vast musical knowledge, made our choice easy.

David listened and used our song requests, including the unconventional ones, as a baseline for the night. To make things easy, he uses a website where we could input song choices, and list them as must-play, nice to hear, or do not play. He did a great job respecting all three lists to the extent that fit the mood during the reception, while also incorporating other songs that he thought would play well to the crowd. And no kidding, David can really read a room! We still have friends and family coming up to us now, nearly two months after our wedding, saying how much fun it was and that the DJ “killed it”. The dance floor was never empty and everyone was having a great time. Dancing to great songs is my wife’s favorite activity and David did not disappoint!

To say he’s just a DJ would be a slight disservice to David, however. He’s got an awesome balance of easy-going and high energy. He was willing to listen to us and offer honest feedback, but also allowed us to bounce ideas off of him and was receptive to our ideas. For example, we wanted to play trivia-like game involving the guests during the reception and he ran with the idea and hosted it better than we could have hoped for, offering questions to guests throughout the room to make sure that it happened!

We had previously heard stories from others that their DJ accidentally played the wrong song when the wedding party walked down the aisle, or during an important dance, but we never had those fears with David and he was a true professional. He honored our choices and let us change or add things up until the last minute - including the night of the wedding, when my wife got an urge to hear a certain song, he was happy to indulge us.

David also offered us a photo booth service, complete with fun props that the guests absolutely loved! It is also worth mentioning that his lighting was well-placed, thought out, and really set the mood for a great night of dancing. We feel truly fortunate to have found someone who was willing to work to understand our desires and we truly appreciate all that he did to make our day that much better. Some friends have recently reached out asking how to get ahold of him for their own events and we’ve gladly recommended David and Movin’ Tunes every single time!

Sent on 12/11/2018

Movin-Tunes's reply:

Oh wow! Thank you so much 🙏 for this honest review! I also received a client from you guys and have locked in a date and venue for your friends birthday party!

Again, thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to say such nice things about me and my company!

Mishaela · Married on 07/14/2018

David Otero was such a great hire for our July 14, 2018 wedding! Not only were his prices incredibly competitive, but also he waited patiently for months for us to get our act together and send him the songs we wanted. Then when we decided to throw in a secret dance routine in the middle of our first dance 3 weeks before our wedding, he cut his Hawaiian vacation short and got right to mixing a sample we could practice to. Okay, maybe he didn't cut his vacation short, but he did get us a mix as soon as he got back and he kept working through our numerous changes and additional requests.

Day of, he arrived early and not only did his setup, but also helped out with a bunch of other miscellaneous pre-ceremony crap that was so not his job. He was professional, helpful, and kept the show moving along, right on schedule! If you're a music lover and the playlist is really important to you, David is the DJ for you. He played a great mix of classic rock, dance, pop, and NO country, as requested. One guest commented that "that was the best music I've ever heard at a wedding. I think I heard Zeppelin like 4 times in an hour and it was awesome!"

If you decide to hire David, I'm pretty confident you won't regret it! He'll have you laughing, dancing, crying, and he'll make your wedding day that much easier.

Sent on 07/29/2018

Heidi · Married on 05/26/2018

David is such a fun DJ! Our ladies night was a huge succes! He is very professional, friendly, and flexible. He is so easy to work with. He has a really nice set up with every kind of music you can imagine. He will make your event meaningful without being the center of the party. I hate when DJ’s do that. David knows how to step back, create the atmosphere, and keep the fun happening!

Movin-Tunes 12
    Movin-Tunes 13
    Sent on 06/27/2018

Kelsey · Married on 05/19/2018

David with Movin' Tunes was incredible to work with and we were so happy with our DJ experience! He was very responsive leading up to the day with all my annoying questions and put me at ease. He has a great online program where you input all your ceremony and reception info and can list must-play and do-not-play songs, which he listened to on the night of. Everything went smoothly at both the ceremony and reception, which was impressive considering we had three separate set-ups (we had two at the reception)! He also provided us cool lighting at the reception, free of charge. And the price was right! Definitely would recommend David to anyone!

Sent on 07/24/2018

Kristinne · Married on 09/30/2017

Dave Otero is THE MAN! He did our uplighting, photobooth, and even DJ’d our wedding at the Prado. That’s right, he can do it all! First off, his uplighting emphasized and took the beauty of the Prado to a new level! The venue is already gorgeous on its own, but the uplighting added that pizzazz that you didn’t know you needed. And our photobooth was beyond amazing! The props and the quality of the photos were top notch. Some guests of mine kept going back to take solos! That’s how great that camera was, ha! He DJ’d the last hour of the night (we hired a band as well), and he KILLED IT! People were on the dance floor until the very end. And that was all thanks to him! We got all of our photobooth pictures (the individual image files and photo strip files) the Wednesday after our wedding – which is amazing because you get to see such great shots while waiting for your photos and video! We highly recommend Dave and all that he does!

Sent on 11/02/2017

Kelly · Married on 09/03/2017

If you are looking for a DJ that can read an audience Dave with Movin-tunes is your guy! He was fantastic from start to finish! He knew what songs to play and when, our dance floor was NEVER empty.
    We gave him a list of hundreds of songs (no joke) that we wanted and he made sure to download any he didn't have with no problems.
    Let me also say that he has the coolest setup, his dj stand, lighting, and the ambiance he creates is just awesome!
    Dave really invested his time in us, he went to our venue a couple times to get familiar with where he would be setting up and came to meet with us for dinner. Even though he knows it all, he never made us feel that way, other DJ's were not like this. It was all about what we wanted. We highly recommend Movin-tunes!!

Sent on 09/09/2017

Karla · Married on 03/31/2016

David was wonderful. He provided audio for both our ceremony and reception. He helped with timing and coordination of wedding ceremony, and didn't bat an eye when I told him we didn't have a 'day of coordinator'.
    He have great input regarding current trends and song ideas for things we wanted to incorporate.

Sent on 05/09/2016

Mary · Married on 09/26/2015

Our wedding was on 9/26/15 in Temecula and David Otero was absolutely amazing! He was very friendly, personable, and professional. He kept a good flow all night and was very in tune with what my guests needed and kept us dancing all night. Everyone complimented him and was very impressed with his ability to play songs that included all age groups. My husband and I had a crazy work schedule leading up to the wedding and we were having difficulty selecting songs, but he was very helpful and supportive making our night perfect! I would highly recommend him!!

Sent on 10/13/2015

kevin · Married on 06/20/2015

David Otero of Movin-Tunes was the DJ at our June 20 wedding at the Museum of Contemporary Art in La Jolla. He did a fantastic job!! We didn't fully appreciate how important a good DJ was and had not spent a whole lot of time thinking about it during our planning. But, the importance of the DJ become immediately apparent when the wedding began. David, with great subtlety and professionalism, really become the MC for the whole night. And regarding the music he very expertly transitioned through the various stages of the night. He helped get people on the to dance floor and then kept them going all night long with great selections. I cant say enough about how good he was.

Sent on 07/15/2015

Kristen · Married on 05/16/2015

David was phenomenal. I threw my wedding together in 3 months and he was so helpful and responsive along the way. We had some requests that we thought he may never had heard of and he not only played the songs but found other stuff by similar artists to fill out the time. He had an awesome sound system for the ceremony, mic'd the pastor and the groom, then moved over and set up lightning fast for the cocktail hour and reception. He kept everyone on the dance floor all night! He even went to the venue the week before to scope out where to set up and put lighting. He is truly a professional in every way. I HIGHLY recommend him!!!

Sent on 05/11/2015

Veronica · Married on 11/22/2014

Mov'nTunes is the premier DJ and MC for any wedding or major event. Before our wedding we worked very closely with the David in tailoring a perfect reception for our special day. During this process the DJ was very flexible in accommodating our needs and helping us plan out our reception. During the event, David, was a great MC, paying attention to all the small details that we didn't event think. From the very beginning of our reception, David carefully orchestrating our event from the time our wedding party made their grand entrance to coordinating our mariachi band during dinner. He even made time to share with our guest the story of how we met and fell in love. We could not have asked for a better DJ or MC. The only advice we could give, is to hire Mov'nTunes for your wedding event! You won't find a more professional or talented MC.

Sent on 01/21/2015

Alie · Married on 09/28/2014

I wish I could do more than a 5 for value because they really were worth every penny and more. I got a chance to work with David he was very friendly and professional. I love that their website offers forms and checklist to better prepare you. Also, David constantly kept reminding me of things I might be forgetting which was a huge help. All my guest are still talking about what fun they had with the DJ. The music was exactly what I wanted it to be. I also loved how inconspicuous they were during the ceremony yet at the same time the sound was perfect. I really loved moving tunes and would highly, HIGHLY recommend them.

Sent on 01/29/2015
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 09/20/2014

David made our night so special! He felt like he was part of our family but was very professional at the same time. I would definitely refer him to everyone!

Sent on 01/26/2015

david · Married on 07/18/2014

Having David as the DJ at our reception is like having one of your best friend do it for you, he was very professional and had a high pain threshold towards our "heavily under the influence" guests, lol. To say he is flexible is an understatement. All in all, the music makes the party and David make the party pop. Thank you for a great experience brother!!!

Sent on 01/13/2015

Alexei · Married on 07/12/2014

I know it seems impossible to give anyone 5 stars for everything. But honestly, David with movin tunes was everything I could have hoped for in a wedding DJ. All the concerns I had before he addressed before the big day and the day of was absolutely perfect. The best thing about David was his situational awareness. He was so good at picking up on the small que's and the vibe of the wedding party. Played exactly what I wanted. Great MC on the mic. Can't say enough good things. If you need a DJ, ask David if he's available. And he was really reasonably priced too. Thanks David for everything. We really appreciated it.
    Big day, July12th 2014
    A and S

Sent on 01/12/2015

Raquel · Married on 06/14/2014

Great DJ and Great Service!

Well where do I start? I interviewed a lot of DJ companies before I decided to go with Movin-Tunes. I knew that I wanted a fun night and that I would have some very specific needs, and based on my needs I felt they were the best for our wedding.

I worked closely with David Otero on planning and I was very pleased with the service I got. What was great was that he was able to taking me all the way through the planning process. I have heard horror stories from friends about their DJ and the service they got so I was a little nervous but he assured me everything would be exactly as we spoke about, and it was!

The music selection, emcee services and all of the lighting was great! I would definitely recommend Movin-Tunes. Our event was great because of them.

Sent on 01/12/2015

Daniel · Married on 07/09/2011

Movin-Tunes is awesome!!! Dave Otero was our DJ and we absolutely loved him. He made the whole wedding process so fun. From the moment we met him we knew he was going to be our DJ for our big day. My wife and I both love music and love to dance so we needed a DJ that could make our guests dance all night and that is exactly what Dave did, he had great knowledge of all types of music and his MC skills were the best I have ever seen. Everyone still talks about our DJ and how much fun they had dancing at our wedding.

Sent on 01/15/2015

Danielle · Married on 03/13/2011

David Otero is a real professional. He spent so much time with my husband and I picking out our music and helping us orchestrate the wedding. He was much more than a DJ, he ended up being one of the family by the end of the evening. David was perfect at figuring out what music to play and when. He even got my grandmother out on the dance floor. I highly recommend Movin Tunes!

Sent on 01/19/2015

I'm from out of state so looking for a DJ was a daunting task. We were going back and forth on a DJ because of the cost. But when I talked with David and got a quote, I had a good feeling that we made the right choice. I could tell over the phone and FaceTime that he had the personality for us. He took the time to meet with us before the wedding and took extra care to find the specific version of a song for our first dance. He got there early to rig up extra lighting to make our dance floor pop (something I didn't think I cared about, but looked cool.) When there were problems with the venue's music system, he worked fast to relieve them. We vibed with him, he kept the party going, and were happy with his services! Friends came up to us after saying the music was perfect, and that really mattered to us. Cool dude, good prices!

Sent on 10/06/2015

Jennifer · Married on 10/18/2014

I can honestly tell you that David made my wedding an unforgettable event! My husband and I got married on an island and had hired a local DJ. Things with her went south real quick when she began to tell us how our wedding was going to go down. David was then recommended by a friend. As a bride, the anxiety you feel cannot be accurately measured and as soon as I sat down with David, I knew I had made the right choice. He spent time going over what WE wanted for our wedding. I was so at ease, I imported him to the island just so I could have him make my wedding rock! What I like about David, is that he doesn't just stand there an play music. He kept the timetable going and made the wedding flow properly which was a concern for me as I chose not to have an event coordinator. Since budget was a concern for us, we were very selective about what we chose to include in our wedding. I can tell you, without a shred of doubt, that David was worth every penny paid.

Sent on 01/17/2015

Meghan · Married on 06/01/2018

2.4
      3.0
      3.0
      2.0

We were really excited to meet David and share our thoughts on what would make a great day for our wedding. He was great and very responsive leading up to the day of and got back to my emails in a very timely manner. When we had our final detailing call a few days before the wedding I felt good in our decision but unfortunately this was not the case on-site. He made quite a few mistakes and being that he was one of the preferred vendors on the venues list I was a little surprised to see so many issues day of. To start we filled out an extensive on-line form with all of our songs and details for the wedding. So we were of course surprised when our song for our grand entrance was not the right one. The song we chose was kind of a special song for my husband and I so we rolled with the mistake but it didn't go unnoticed. Next, I had asked that he supply a mic on a stand for my dads welcome speech being that my dad has issues standing and I didn't want him to have to juggle the mic while speaking. When it came time for my dads speech not only was there no mic on a stand but he also called my dad by the wrong name! Again, all names, songs and times were detailed heavily on the on-line form you fill out leading up to the wedding so how could he get the father of the brides name wrong. We had a small dance floor outside just for the B&G to dance with parents and after we ate and did speeches out there he opened the floor up for dancing totally forgetting that we need to do the parent dances. Luckily our day of coordinator (Kelli with High Tide Events) was a rock star and ran right over to tell him that we needed to to these dances before guests moved inside. The final blow was when we talked to guests after the wedding and they told us that during cocktail hour the Christmas Carol "Let It Snow" started playing and someone had to go and inform David! Overall it was a great wedding and a wonderful venue but I would not be able to recommend David to any friends or family!

Sent on 06/20/2018

Good Afternoon Meghan,
    I would first like to sincerly apologize to you for your experieince with Movin-Tunes. Having a professional DJ for your most important day is critical. I take my position as an entertainer and emcee very serious. That's why this review has really caught me off guard. As a professional DJ, I record all my events through a software called Serato Pro. It records the date, time, how long I played a song and the name along with artist name. Per your request, I played the "Downtown-Macalmore" 1.21 minutes for the grand entrance and "Shut up and dance- Walk the moon" for 31 seconds. Based on what was submitted. So I'm not sure what song was wrong. As for a Christmas carol being played, I reached out to Kelli from High Tide events to try and get a better understanding about the evening and she never heard anything about a Christmas carol being played during cocktail or dinner. I also reviewed and listened to each son played that day and could not find a single Christmas carol. I do owe you and your father Richard a HUGE apology about calling him Victor. Based on the information submitted, The toast name said Victor. Again, I apologize. I do have to say that Kelli and I both agreed, it was an amazing day over all. The ceremony was amazing, your family and friends dances the night away so I am so sorry you thought opposite. If you need me to send you a copy of the DJ software report and info submitted to me, I will gladly send over for you to look at. Unfortunately this WeddingWire responce form does not allow me to attach items. If you have any questions, please reach out to me via email or telephone. I would love to help in any way I can!