Mountain View Gardens and Ballroom Reviews

Springville, AL
Rating 4.6 out of 5, 17 Reviews
View more information

Lesandra Married on 12/02/2017
    The venue was beautifully decorated for the holidays. Mrs. Debbie and the staff were amazing. She handled everything which made the wedding day and leading up to it less stressful. She made my day beautiful and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way!!!
    Madison Married on 09/10/2016
    I give this an excellent rating in every category because every single thing about this venue was perfect. My husband and I got married here in September of 2016 and we had looked at several venues. Debbie was very very quick to respond to any questions I had even when I had asked them multiple times. She never once acted annoyed with my questions. The venue has an indoor option and outdoor options. The house is literally on top of a mountain so you can get beautiful outside pictures. The ballroom (where we got married) was absolutely breath taking. It is a room with hardwood floors and beautiful embellished ceilings with pretty chandeliers hanging down. There are windows lining the walls which totally sets the mood. The bridal suite downstairs was gorgeous and had plenty of room for everyone to get ready. The grooms suite upstairs was perfect for the guys with a big screen tv, and a pool table. The food and our cakes were wonderful. All of my guests told me it was great. The florist they chose is great as well. They sit and talk with you and are very open to your ideas. My whole family was impressed with this venue. They are very organized and they are on top of every single thing. They have headsets to communicate with each other so everyone working there constantly knows whats going on. I was able to practice with music the night before the wedding so we knew everything sounded good. I was literally so incredibly stress free the day of my wedding. Everything was taken care of. I even got a cute tote bag with the venue on it after the wedding was over. I would recommend this venue to everyone I know.
  • User1695734 2+ years ago
    Debbie and Misty did a fabulous job with the entire wedding! I did not have to worry about one thing. Debbie without even asking knew exactly the decor I wanted for the reception hall and Misty coordinated the wedding perfectly! She helped answer any and all questions I had the day of the wedding! We would highly recommend using this vendor!
  • Lyss
    Lyss Married on 02/10/2013
    This place is absolutely beautiful! I was so amazed on our wedding day! Debbie and her staff pay close attention to detail and do all they can to make your wedding day beautiful and unforgettable. As all brides to be know, it is very frustrating attempting to find the perfect venue, florist, etc. Well, how at ease would you feel knowing everything you need is at one place? You would feel the same way I did and that is SUPER excited! I was truly happy when Debbie explained to me I did not have to run around like a chicken with his head cut off lol. My husband and I had such an amazing time. Everything was more than beautiful. I will forever be grateful that we got married at such an amazing place. Words can not express how perfect everything was. The food was absolutely delicious! The decor, flowers etc were all astonishing! Thank you so much for memories that will last us a lifetime!
  • User871455 2+ years ago
    Mountain View Gardens and Ballroom is an exceptionally beautiful wedding ceremony location for the Birmingham, AL area. I distinctly remember all of my guests making a point to ask how I found this beautiful venue and complimenting how gorgeous it was. Debbie, the owner is very nice and she made it a point to answer all of my phone calls before and after the wedding. Her daughter, the wedding coordinator, made the evening seem flawless and effortless. All I had to do was give her a look and she would tell what I needed to be doing. She even made sure I had something to eat! Overall, I would recommend this location to anyone.
    Jessica Married on 11/19/2011
    Our wedding was absolutely beautiful. Many people told us that it was the prettiest wedding that they had ever seen. The owner of Mountain View, Debbie Lewis, met with us many months before the wedding to iron out all of the details. The catering and florist were provided by Mountain View. This took away a lot of stress because we didn't have to worry about hiring vendors and preparing our own decorations. The wedding coordinator, Misty, was there for us through the entire rehearsal and wedding. She answered every question that we had and insured that everything ran smoothly during our big day. I highly recommend this site to any bride and groom looking for a gorgeous, hassle free venue. I could not be happier with Mountain View Gardens and Ballroom and their wonderful staff.
    Amy Married on 11/13/2010
    The grounds are beautiful, and the staff are nice and helpful. I really liked having the catering and flowers arranged through the venue--it made everything much simpler. They set up all the decorations--all I had to do was show up. Compared to some other venues I researched, their prices are very reasonable.
    Brandi Married on 03/28/2009
    My husband and I got married here in March of 2009 and it was amazing. We loved everything about this place. The owner Debbie was sure to make everything happen just the way we wanted and was also very helpful with suggestions on decor and really understood the style and look we were going for. The food was fabulous and they were sure to make us a going away basket to take with us (loved that considering you dont usually get to sit and enjoy your food at you own wedding). We didn't hire a wedding planner so the fact that the facility provided that made everything so easy. I wasn't running around figuring out where everyone needed to be and since she is an employee of MVGB she knew exactly when, where and what needed to happening. That took a lot of pressure off of me and my family. All in all my experience was great! I have since suggested them to friends and also attended several weddings here. The facility itself is beautiful and the view is breath-taking. It made for fabulous wedding pictures!
    Jenessa Married on 06/16/2007
    My husband picked this location and it was the best location I ever!!!!!!!!!
    Brooke Married on 09/16/2006
    Everything was done perfectly for my wedding from the catering to the directing. Things were done my way with no questions. The director knows what she is doing and is very helpful! My big day could not have been more perfect!
    Kelly Married on 05/07/2016
    I absolutely cannot wait to have my wedding at this gorgeous venue! My fiance and I looked at it online and fell in love. When we saw it in person, we fell even more in love with it. It's a great value for everything that you get and absolutely gorgeous. I also like that it can easily be converted to an indoor or outdoor ceremony/reception. There is plenty for a large wedding (up to 200). The lady that is taking care of us was very nice and professional. I feel like she will definitely go above and beyond to make our day special. I can't wait to go back in a few months to pick out food/cake!
    Courtney Married on 06/27/2015
    I recently got married at Mountain View Gardens and Ballroom. I looked at many venues, but once I visited this one, I fell in love. From the gorgeous chandeliers in the ballroom to the beautiful view overlooking the mountains from a distance, I still have people discussing how incredible the place was. I would recommend this place not only to have amazing backdrops for pictures, but because the owner, staff, and wedding director made this experience top notch. Not once was I stressed because they literally handled everything (flowers, cakes, food..you name it!) If I ever had a question, I received a response within a short time frame. Also you can't beat the price! I definitely had my dream wedding!
  • Z
    Zara Married on 08/22/2008
    Mountain View was great, it is hard to book though for a saturday night in the summer unless you book pretty far in advance. We had to settle for a Friday night, but it was still great.
    Sarah Married on 09/30/2007
    The people at Mountain View were so friendly and helpful! They made our big day seem effortless! Also, having them in charge of catering gave me one less thing to worry about! I would definitely recommend this location to anyone interested in an outdoor wedding! The location is also very versatile. You can make it as flashy or as simple as you like!
    Allison Married on 06/23/2007
    It was a little pricey for the venue and food, however, all of the wedding places I looked at are around the same price, if not, higher. It was a beautiful wedding! They are very professional and know what they are doing. The food was excellent (I had the pasta bar) and I did not have a thing to worry about on the day of my wedding except looking pretty and making sure the groom was there (haha). I picked out everything before hand and they worked to give me what I wanted. We brought some decorations for the tables and outside and they set them up themselves so we wouldn't get hot doing it the day of. I've had many complements on how wonderful and classy our wedding was. I wanted an outside wedding and what better place than on a stage w/ pillars, in front of a pool w/ a waterfall, and a view of the ocean at sunset! Highly recommend!
    Elaine Married on 10/11/2008
    The owner Debbie has many ideas, this can be helpful. do not be antimidated by her into doing things her way! She will yeild to the bride. The Wedding "planner" is another story. I was on the books for a year and she made contact at noon on the day of the rehearsal. She was very unprofessional and rude to my family. She failed to listen to mine and the groom's wishes for several points and we had to "disscuss" several times why we wanted things a certain way. she should have backed off and done things the way we asked the first time. In short the venue is beautiful, the owner will help you achieve the overall look you want. The food was wonderful. Wedding Planner= idiot.
  • User2341933 2+ years ago
    If you have any ideas for a great florist, great food, and great music for your wedding you should find another venue. I got married here 2 years ago and have regretted this venue everyday now.. The owner required me to use the people of her choice or else pay insane fees for choosing my own.. so I went with her hand picked choices because I needed to save money and I really didn't have anyone in mind at the time. Her florist was HORRIBLE!! My flowers fell apart while I was walking down the isle and my bridesmaids flowers were no where near the right colors. My now husband and I decided to only have 2 cakes, fruit, and drinks at the reception. The cake was so dry I couldn't even enjoy it and it was the only thing I had eaten that day. I told the owner I was considering having a dj come in and she quickly talked me into just letting them play the music... The music was so low you couldn't hear it therefore our friends and family did not want to dance and have a good time. These controlling people really did ruin my big day and I would not recommend this venue to my worst enemy.. PLEASE KEEP LOOKING!!!