Mountain Laurel Catering & Events Reviews

53 Reviews for Mountain Laurel Catering & Events

• Bonnie

Bonnie McCloskey · Getting married on 06/01/2021

Winter Menu Perfection

There are not enough wonderful things to say about Mountain Laurel Catering! The whole experience was beyond seamless, from the initial tasting to the constant communication, the custom linen and Irish coffee mug rentals, and superior service up until the end of the reception. We worked with Lauren, who was our favorite contact throughout the entire wedding planning process. She was so friendly, accommodating, and had such great ideas and suggestions to help us get the perfect menu and special extras, such as passed champagne with cranberries during the ceremony and a German-inspired pretzel bar during cocktail hour. We felt that so much individualized time and attention was spent on us. And of course, Chef Pat and Sarah’s food is literally amazing. They really elevate every menu option so that it’s something special, and can customize each item fully depending on your taste and presentation preferences. During the wedding, Lauren and the serving staff also helped with the timing and logistics of transitions, which was so appreciated!! They had to maneuver hot appetizers between two buildings in the middle of a snowstorm, and everything was still perfect. Even the salad and bread and butter were seasonal creations that I wish other wedding menus would adopt. They really take pride in what they do and it’s next-level. We also loved our simple spiced cutting cake with cream cheese frosting, and the bartenders did a great job with our hot buttered rum signature cocktails! Thank you guys again so much for everything, you knocked it out of the park :)

Sent on 12/16/2020
  • Alyssa

Alyssa Sierra Morrison · Getting married on 04/09/2021

Custom selection, easy to work with, guided through the entire process, worked great with our budget!

Our wedding was made possible by many of our family and friends coming together with their creativity and small business to help us create a magical day. Mountain Laurel fit in so well with our crew. Mountain Laurel worked great with our DIY and budget friendly wedding, their menu made us feel like a million bucks and we would highly recommend them to couples looking for family style custom event with a creative menu full of love and soul. Our fall wedding included seasonal veggies and entrees that tasted like an awesome meal made from scratch. They take good care of the guests and we had so many compliments on the service and the beef pot roast! Thank you Mountain Laurel, your attention to detail is greatly appreciated!

Sent on 10/31/2019
  • Valerie

Valerie Kozachuk · Married on 10/09/2020

Endless options with Mountain Laurel

I cannot thank Lauren, Sarah, Pat and team enough for the amount of compassion and flexibility when it came to our originally scheduled 4/4/20 wedding. Rescheduling for July and then finally celebrating in October, Mountain Laurel was able to accommodate anything that came their way. The team adapted all appetizers to be covid friendly. My favorite thing about Mountain Laurel is they can do anything you want. Honestly anything. Unlike other caterers with canned menu with selections, the team learns about you, proposes ideas, and accommodates any idea you throw their way. We ended up doing 2 tastings! Weeks later, my guests are still talking about how good the food was. The most talked about were the philly cheese steak egg rolls, wine braised short ribs, and the bacon wrapped scallops with apple gastrique. They don't mess with the little scallops, these are LARGE tasty scallops :) If i ever host a different event in the area again, I'm hiring Mountain Laurel!

Sent on 10/28/2020

Mountain Laurel Catering & Events's reply:

Thank you SO much Val! We really enjoyed working with you and seeing your day (finally) come to light! Both you & Mike handled all of the obstacles with an open mind, and that really made a difference. And we LOVED your dress!!! We wish you & your new husband all the best ❤️
    -Sarah

Nicole klotkowski · Married on 09/19/2020

A food experience! Perfect!

The food was AMAZING! Because of covid i wasnt able to get to PA for a tasting (we live in colorado), and I can honestly say i didnt even need a tasting. The food was perfect!! My family is from NY and they were raving about how its the best food they have had at a wedding. My personal favorite was the salmon but everything i had on my menu was delicious! They also made sure hunter and i were taken care of with drinks and our food and even checked in with us on how the food was once dinner was served. We did hire bartenders from MLC and they were so fun and the guests loved the team! I was the bride that had alot of questions and they were always there to answer them quickly and happily. I cant thank the MLc team enough for a perfect wedding and a food EXPERIENCE! We love yous!
    *will post photos in a review once i get them ❤

Sent on 10/15/2020

Mountain Laurel Catering & Events's reply:

Awe, thanks Nicole! You were really wonderful to work with, and handled all of our obstacles of planning from out of state like a champ! Thank you again and again for having us share in your celebration ❤️

Sarah

oh, and we ordered ourselves some of Katz's partrami - Hubba hubba!

Katie · Married on 09/12/2020

Fantastic Food and Fabulous Service!

We chose Mountain Laurel because they were on our preferred vendor list and now we understand why! The food was AMAZING and the drinks were out of this world! We had a few guests that are vegans / vegetarians and MLC created a special appetizer for them!
    My husband is born and raised in Maryland, so for our signature drinks we wanted to do an Orange Crush and a Grapefruit Crush. We were a little nervous as MLC mentioned to us, they never made / had a crush before. Any Marylander knows these MUST be made with freshly squeezed oranges or grapefruits. The crazy thing is, these were the best crushes we’ve ever had!! Our guests LOVED the crushes and are still RAVING about the food. MLC team brought us and our family appetizers and cocktails as we were doing family photos – it was so sweet, my dad is still talking about this!! The waiters and waitresses must have come up to my husband and I while we were at our table at least 8 times – checking on us, seeing if we needed any drinks or more food! The entire staff was so kind, gracious and pleasant! Every guest has told us how fabulous the food was – from the salad to the cheese steak egg rolls to the creamy cheesy mash potatoes! Cannot say enough great things, definitely recommend them to cater any event!

Sent on 09/23/2020

Mountain Laurel Catering & Events's reply:

Katie- It was an absolute pleasure to be a part of your special day. We are so happy you and your guests had a great time and loved the food! Glad to hear we crushed it with the drinks! Wishing you and Tim all the best for your future! - the MLC team
  • User4734596 · Recently married

I cannot even begin to express my gratitude toward Mtn. Laurel and the owners Pat and Sarah. This is seriously your one stop shop for everything you need. I had a very small wedding, but have a large family - we basically eloped and then had a huge family celebration a few months after. The food was nothing short of amazing! I think that more than half of the guests spent a good portion of their day talking to Pat about his smoker and the impressiveness of the whole operation. They showed up early and left late. If you are looking for a bartender for your event they even provided one for us. Ask for Randy! He's the bees knees. At later gatherings my friends commented on how good and personable he was. I wish there was a section to add pictures because the food not only was delicious but the presentation of the whole thing was amazing, which is something I was worried about because we had a backyard buffet style of reception. I also loved that they were accommodating to my organic requests too.

Sent on 06/27/2016

Mountain Laurel Catering & Events's reply:

Thank you for the kind review. I'm so glad that we were a part of your special day! Wishing you both a beautiful future together!
  • Parker

Parker Coyer · Married on 02/08/2020

Amazing food!!!

Mountain laurel was simply amazing. I wouldn't change a thing. It's been over two weeks from our event and people are STILL talking to us about the food at our wedding.
    The staff were friendly and courteous. They made sure my wife and I got some of everything despite our need to work the room, and we're thoughtful and accommodating with everything. More important than any of that though, the food was simply awesome. Even two weeks before the event, my wife wanted to change the salad from mixed greens to arugula and it was taken care of immediately.
    I just feel blessed to have had such a great day, with great people, and such amazing food to celebrate it all with.

Sent on 02/27/2020

Mountain Laurel Catering & Events's reply:

We are so thrilled to hear your special day went great! We are so happy to have been a part of it. Wishing you both a beautiful future together!

Denise Van Sydenborgh · Married on 11/21/2019

Professional, Flexible, Kind!

Lauren and the Mountain Laurel team have been amazing so far! We haven't had our wedding yet, but Lauren has been so helpful and kind. Our planning situation has been a little different because we are waiting on a Fiancé Visa, but Lauren took it all in stride and has been super patient. She even emailed me a few days before the interview to send me best wishes and to let me know that they are pulling for me! I would highly recommend this team based on professionalism and quality service. We have yet to try the food on our wedding day, but I'm sure it will be fantastic!

Sent on 10/25/2019
  • Kelly

Kelly Sebzda · Married on 11/09/2019

Delicious and easy to work with!

Lauren and Mountain Laurel Catering were FANTASTIC! It was so easy to work with them and to customize everything on our menu so it would be exactly how we wanted on our big day. The food was delicious and we’ve received compliments from our guests saying the same. They also set up the place settings exactly as we wanted them so that everything looked cohesive and beautiful. My only regret is not eating more! ;) Highly recommend!!

Sent on 11/22/2019

Angela Merlino · Married on 11/02/2019

The Best!!!

We are so happy that we were referred to Mountain Laurel Catering! Meeting Chef Pat & Sarah at our food tasting was nothing short of amazing, they are truly a one of a kind team. Learning more about their background and them getting to know us was a great experience, plus the tasting they provided was outstanding! The food is so delicious, we knew right away we wanted them to cater our wedding. They are so creative with their menu and will tweak it to be unique to you. Lauren has been beyond amazing to work with, she is so knowledgeable and truly cares about her couples. Even if it doesn’t have to do with her job, she is still there to lead you in the right direction (you don’t find people like that nowadays). We will truly miss speaking with her. If you are looking for the best caterer in central PA, Mountain Laurel is it! We can’t say enough about the ML team. The servers and bartenders the day of were also great. We were always taken care of and felt so at ease the whole night because they made it a great experience. We can’t thank the ML team enough for being a big part of our special day!

Sent on 11/17/2019

Joanna Carrier · Married on 10/20/2019

Amazing!

When I say my day would not have been possible without Lauren, I'm not kidding! She took on the pressure or multiple vendors to be sure my (now) husband and I were taken care of and understood everything going on. In the weeks leading up, she took numerous phone calls and continuously checked in. She was worried about US and OUR experience as a couple, making sure that she went above and beyond to give us the best day possibly, even further than the food.

The staff at Mountain Laurel is unparalleled. I work for a small business and value customer service over anything - these people BLEW my mind! Exceeded every expectation. From a delicious, laid back & intimate tasting, to plating our appetizers for us to enjoy when we got to our table (since cocktail hour is hectic), to touching base with other vendors to ensure everything went smoothly - they didn't miss any details.

I had a few bad experiences as I planned my wedding but I cannot sing high enough praises to this entire staff. We were frequently checked on to make sure we didn't need anything, we were "catered" to like we mattered more than anything that night, and our guests could not stop talking about how DELICIOUS the food was!

Even if you're skeptical, give them a shot. Lauren was truly an asset to our wedding and every single staff member we interacted with was exceptional. I will never stop telling people how fantastic they are!! If you're looking for delicious food and people who actually CARE, look no further. you've found it at Mountain Laurel

Sent on 11/04/2019
  • Sara

Sara Carter · Married on 10/18/2019

Excellent Experience!! Look no further!

I really can't say enough wonderful things about Lauren and the ENTIRE Mountain Laurel Staff! From day one they were amazing. I am a huge planner and I can't tell you how helpful it was that Lauren was also very organized and returned our emails so quickly! We had no idea what the wedding process was going to be like and we only had 8 months to plan. Mountain Laurel created the perfect menu just by asking a few questions about us a couple. I couldn't have created a better menu if I tried, and I love food. Everything was fresh and farm to table. Every single guest kept commenting, "this isn't wedding food, it's the best food we've ever had at a wedding." Everyone is actually still talking about the food...3 weeks later. Besides the delicious food and organization, was their attention to detail. We had a vintage and antique themed wedding and mountain laurel had mis-matched china that we upgraded to use which was amazing because I didn't have to rent it from an outside vendor. They really took our vison and used it in every aspect. As a bride who had so many other things on her plate to try to cut costs, to walk into our cocktail hour and see the Antipasto Table decorated with rustic and vintage platters and dinner ware (that I didn't have to worry about providing) brought tears to my eyes. They really care about making your wedding the most special day, and it was evident to not only us and our immediate family that were involved in the planning process, but also to our guests. They even went above and beyond with the non-alcoholic beverages, serving thyme lemonade, cucumber mint water, and basil sweet tea...it was amazing. We collect antique milk bottles and had them displayed around the barn, at the coffee bar they served the milk/cream in a old dairy bottle...what amazing attention to detail and to your clients. We also had a late night French fry bar that was a HUGE hit and again the table was decorated perfectly. You're not going to get a generic table cloth and setup with Mountain Laurel. We also did a donut bar and provided our own donut wall and donuts from the Amish Market. Even though we didn't have Mountain Laurel make our desserts they took care of setting up the donut wall when it was time for dessert, which they didn't have to do. This is a testament to how they treat their customers! I could go on and on about how wonderful our experience was, but I will just say if I had to do it all over again I would choose them every time for any event. Don't waste time searching for other caterers, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 11/09/2019

Alyssa Morrison · Married on 09/28/2019

Simply The Best!

Chef Pat thrilled the pallets of our guests with his amazing food. Our guests raved about the food. The appetizers were so very special and the combination of ingredients made for deliciousness that surprised with every bite. Most excellent! Our family and friends will be talking about the food for a long time. The food melted in their mouths and enhanced the theme of family, fellowship and love. Food is a big expression of love, all the time and care that goes into the making of it. Also, your servers were exceptional. They were polite and so very helpful. On behalf of our entire family, we thank Mountain Laurel Catering for helping to make our day a perfect memory to treasure always. Our sincerest thanks and gratitude.

Sent on 10/29/2019

Abigail Weise · Married on 07/12/2019

Love them!!

I can not tell you enough how much we loved working with Mountain Laurel Catering!! When planning our wedding food, it was my biggest desire to not have "typical" wedding food, and Mt. Laurel absolutely delivered that! Our guests commented over and over again that it was "the best wedding food they had ever had"-and I totally agreed with that!

I loved that we could personally choose our own menu based off of our favorite foods. Their flavor combinations and creativity were wonderful. I also have a food allergy, and Mt. Laurel went above and beyond to make sure that all the food was "safe". They were punctual, efficient,incredibly kind and easy to work with! They seriously made our planning process and our wedding so great! I would TOTALLY recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 08/16/2019
  • Adam

Adam Penn · Married on 05/26/2019

Outstanding service and food!

Lauren and the whole crew at Mountain Laurel were absolutely fantastic from the start of our planning and even after the wedding! One of the priorities for both of us was great-tasting food with a kind of unique spin (my wife is Indian, I am American) for an Indian-American fusion. After explaining what we were looking for, Lauren came back with a menu that was just what we were looking for, and backed it up with an amazing personalized tasting. The team was super open and responsive to the couple changes we wanted to make as well.

On the day of the wedding the food and service provided by MLC was spot-on. Very professional, everything on-time, and as expected the food was just great (and got many compliments from our guests). Lauren really went above and beyond and helped with non-food related stuff at the end of the night as well. Overall, MLC helped make our day all the more wonderful and special. We could not have asked for a better catering company or a better catering director!

Adam & Ambili

Sent on 10/14/2019

Lauren · Married on 11/24/2018

Mountain Laurel made the impossible possible, and on a budget!

Mountain Laurel did an INCREDIBLE job catering our wedding. We have a variety of dietary restrictions in our families, and they were able to accommodate with ease. The food was delicious. They were flexible with changes we made through the planning process, and skillfully adapted to our venue and time time limitations. Not only did everything go as planned, but it was all stellar. We are so grateful to Lauren and the whole crew.

Sent on 03/25/2019

Hi Lauren,

Thank you so much for the kind review! It means so much to us that we could work with you and Bram on your wedding. We're thrilled everyone loved the food. Hope you two are well!

Debra A Mille · Married on 10/20/2018

Creative Menus

Experienced and knowledgeable staff made our daughter's wedding planning easy and the execution was perfect.

Chef Pat's creative menu and vast choices means you will find just what you're looking for.

Problem solving a specialty!

Sent on 10/28/2018

jonathan staehr · Married on 10/20/2018

Overwhelmingly positive experience, wow!

Mountain Laurel took amazing care of us and our guests at the wedding. The staff was over the top helpful, incredibly positive, and really helped make our special day the best! The food was fantastic and the bartender knowledgeable. The owners really went out of their way to make sure every detail was exactly what we wanted, and even provided recommendations for other vendors in the area that could help with other rental needs for the best price. I would absolutely use Mountain Laurel again at my next wedding! Chances are I'll only get this one though, so I couldn't recommend it enough!

Sent on 10/30/2018

Bill Miller · Married on 10/20/2018

Mountain Laurel was fantastic!

We have used Mountain Laurel for my Father’s 100th Birthday and most recently my daughter’s wedding. Sarah, Pat and their staff have been nothing short of fantastic! The food for both events was delicious. They were very accommodating and responsive to our needs and requests. The staff was very friendly and served our guest with a smile and cleaned up without anyone hardly noticing. All in all they all were great for both events!

Sent on 10/30/2018

Sasha · Married on 10/14/2018

Wonderful!

Mountain Laurel made our day a breeze! They were sweet, the food was amazing, and they were great to work with! I would recommend them to anyone!!

Sent on 10/29/2018
  • Erin

Erin O'dea · Married on 10/07/2018

Beautiful and delicious

Highly professional caterer that provides, delicious, fresh food full of color and flavor.

Sent on 10/27/2018

Kristen · Married on 10/06/2018

Exceeded expectations

Mountain Laurel catered our 130-person wedding on a family farm. Working with them was probably the best wedding decision we made- they were flexible and accommodating of our non-traditional venue, and created a menu that really blew us away for an excellent value. So many guests told us it was the best food they'd ever had at a wedding. We feel really lucky to have found them and would absolutely recommend.

Sent on 11/27/2018

nancy mellerski · Married on 09/30/2018

Hors-d'oeuvres to the rescue!

Mountain Laurel saved the day at our Farm to Table event! We had many more guests than we had counted on sign up at the last minute, and Pat and Sarah and their staff quickly arranged for twice as many hors-d'oeuvres as we had originally ordered. And their creations were imaginative, varied, and delicious! Many, many thanks!

Sent on 10/29/2018
  • Alison

Alison Long · Married on 09/23/2018

Beautiful food from beautiful people for our beautiful day

I can't say enough about how amazing Sarah and Pat are! They are an incredible team who created the most delicious menu for our wedding and executed it to perfection. Not only are Sarah and Pat wonderful people who made us feel that we were in the best of hands, but they are also talented professionals with outstanding resumes. Happy to accommodate our desire for a vegetarian menu, Chef Pat gave us many creative options and allowed us to taste and refine to our hearts' content. On our wedding day, they calmed the chaos and attended to details we forgot (since we, unlike they, have never planned an event of this size). We literally could not have done it without them! Everyone on their staff was extremely friendly, helpful, and contributed to the magic of the day. All our guests (even the meat eaters) were raving about the food and how original and delicious it was. I would eat Chef Pat's pear gazpacho shooters with cucumber kimchi every day if I could! Sarah and Pat's thoughtfulness, attentiveness, professionalism, and talent cannot be lauded enough and I recommend them to anyone planning an event and looking for an exceptional caterer.

Sent on 11/13/2018

Anne · Married on 06/16/2018

Truly one of our favorite parts of our wedding. We had a negative experience with another local caterer and reached out to Pat and Sarah truly last minute. Not only were they able to make our somewhat unique vision come to life (pierogis at cocktail hour! family style serving style! ) but they were warm and helpful as well, providing us with a wonderful tasting before the wedding and with food that the guests raved about. We are delighted with the food and service and would recommend them to anyone! Thank you so much-Annie and Dennis

Sent on 07/15/2018