Mountain Laurel Catering & Events Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

• Natalie
    Natalie N. Married on 07/14/2021

Beyond Expectations

Whoa! 5 stars!! Sarah, Jess, and the entire team from Mountain Laurel Catering are outstanding. The option to be able to fully customize your menu is such a dream. We were in good hands the whole time - from our phone calls to our tasting to our big day everything went off without a hitch. Our guests absolutely raved about the food and everything was delivered exactly as expected. They were also able to provide fantastic linens and china. Our customizable espresso bar and late night pretzel station were extra special details! Would HIGHLY recommend!

Mountain Laurel Catering & Events's reply:

Natalie thank you SO MUCH for this review! I cannot tell you how m much we appreciate it. Your wedding was beautiful and your guests were wonderful as well! Thank you for letting us be part of your special day!
    -Jess and the MLC Team
    Lisa K. Married on 06/23/2021

Amazing Food!

We used Mountain Laurel Catering for our wedding on June 23rd and our food was outstanding! They were very accommodating in planning our menu to help create the type of event we wanted. We loved the opportunity to attend the tasting event beforehand! On our wedding day the staff was friendly and professional. They even made sure I had food brought to me up in the bridal suite! Our guests raved about the food stations. I highly recommend Mountain Laurel Catering!
  • Bonnie
    Bonnie M. Married on 06/01/2021

Winter Menu Perfection

There are not enough wonderful things to say about Mountain Laurel Catering! The whole experience was beyond seamless, from the initial tasting to the constant communication, the custom linen and Irish coffee mug rentals, and superior service up until the end of the reception. We worked with Lauren, who was our favorite contact throughout the entire wedding planning process. She was so friendly, accommodating, and had such great ideas and suggestions to help us get the perfect menu and special extras, such as passed champagne with cranberries during the ceremony and a German-inspired pretzel bar during cocktail hour. We felt that so much individualized time and attention was spent on us. And of course, Chef Pat and Sarah’s food is literally amazing. They really elevate every menu option so that it’s something special, and can customize each item fully depending on your taste and presentation preferences. During the wedding, Lauren and the serving staff also helped with the timing and logistics of transitions, which was so appreciated!! They had to maneuver hot appetizers between two buildings in the middle of a snowstorm, and everything was still perfect. Even the salad and bread and butter were seasonal creations that I wish other wedding menus would adopt. They really take pride in what they do and it’s next-level. We also loved our simple spiced cutting cake with cream cheese frosting, and the bartenders did a great job with our hot buttered rum signature cocktails! Thank you guys again so much for everything, you knocked it out of the park :)

Mountain Laurel Catering & Events's reply:

Hi Bonnie! We are so happy we were apart of your special day! We love being able to fully customize our clients menus to fit exactly their tastes! We always strive to be logistical masters, especially when the weather isn't quite ideal. The hot buttered rum signature drink was a great option for such a cold day! Wishing you all the best!!
    Bekah S. Married on 05/23/2021

Tasty, accommodating, and worth the price!

MLC's incredible food is perhaps rivaled only by their extraordinary patience. Because delicious but ethical food was a priority for us, MLC was the first vendor we booked, so they were with us from the moment we started planning. As the global health crisis evolved, so did our plans. When we ditched our indoor venue in favor of an outdoor wedding at our home, MLC were on board. When we went from an anticipated guest count of 150 down to 45-55 then up to 85, they didn't flinch. As our venue and guest count changed, so did our plans for food and service. Also, thank you Jess for being so accommodating with all of our small (and likely super annoying!) requests. You are a saint.

We ultimately settled on kosher braised beef short rib as our entree, and it was sensational. Other highlights include the deconstructed French onion soup and the various tasty flatbreads. Oh, I still dream about those gazpacho shooters. Don't sleep on the pot de creme. We are still receiving well-deserved compliments on the food from both foodies to picky eaters alike!

Yes, catering a wedding can be expensive, but if you can swing it, invest if a company like MLC that chooses high quality ingredients, supports local farmers, treats their employees well, empowers their chefs to be creative, and hires servers who are generally fun to be around during your event. 10 out of 10 would hire again!
  • Ally
    Ally H. Married on 05/22/2021

Best caterer ever

I can't recommend this caterer enough. Not only did the guests RAVE about the food, but they went above and beyond to make my husband's and I's day extra special. From drinks and apps delivered while we were taking pictures at cocktail hour, to setting up our shot wall seating chart. There is no better caterer. My photographer even told me that she won't eat wedding food unless Mountain Laurel is catering because it's too good to pass up! If I could give more than 5 stars I would.
  • Renee
    Renee K. Married on 05/15/2021

Don't look anywhere else.. just book them!!! They are amazing!

Book Mount Laurel ASAP! I mean it!!!! They are amazing. Let me start off by saying we booked them 2 months before our wedding when our original caterer cancelled on us. We called everyone in the area to help but with Covid restrictions, or just not even answering our emails…it became very dishearten. Mount Laura responded to our email the next day, not only did the respond, but already put together a menus based off of their questionnaire. We wanted to do a taco bar with Mediterranean foods, we also wanted it to not be traditional. The fact that you can choose how adventurous you want the food was an amazing option. The food combinations they came up with were memorizing just reading the descriptions. The food did not disappoint. We were worried how the food would turn out for the day off since it’s being cooked for a lot of people, and let me tell you it was as good as the tasting. THE BREAD!!!!! I would just book it on the bread alone!!!  We had so many people come up to use at our wedding raving how good the food was and that it was the best food they ever had a wedding before. Not only was the food to die for but the staff itself was amazing. They made sure during pictures we had food/alcohol along with having all the appetizers waiting at our seats so we wouldn’t miss out. They know their shit! The staff were hands down the most capable and skilled group of people, and the communication is excellent. I didn’t have a second thought during my wedding if everything was going as planned. Not only was the staff wonderful the decorations they set up were spot on and cute for not telling them what type of decorations I had for the wedding. I could write more praise about Mountain Laurel, but you should just book them so I don’t ramble some more!
  • Nicole
    Nicole C. Married on 04/30/2021

Delicious Food & Wonderful Experience

Mountain Laurel was the absolute best choice for us for our wedding day at Historic Acres of Hershey. We had no idea where to start to find a caterer. We narrowed it down by pricing and which options had the most aesthetically pleasing pictures in their reviews. I promise you that Mountain Laurels product will look even more beautiful in person once you see it. Not only did everything look great, but it tasted amazing and our guests are still raving about it- especially the pork belly & mac and cheese bites. From our signature cocktails to our late night pretzel bar, we had our menu completely and one hundred percent customized to us. When we wanted to make changes on it they were always prompt and professional in guiding us with our choices. My biggest rave about them though is how helpful they were on the day of our wedding. The day is so overwhelming and goes by so quickly, but the staff came up to my husband and I so frequently to just check on us. They brought us drinks and did whatever we needed to make our day run more smoothly. Their biggest concern was making sure we were accommodated. We had a few hiccups due to a wind storm right before our ceremony, and the staff was so professional and made all the last minute changes they needed to without making us feel stressed over it. I have no regrets in choosing Mountain Laurel. Thank you all so much for making our day so special!!
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa S. Married on 04/09/2021

Custom selection, easy to work with, guided through the entire process, worked great with our budget!

Our wedding was made possible by many of our family and friends coming together with their creativity and small business to help us create a magical day. Mountain Laurel fit in so well with our crew. Mountain Laurel worked great with our DIY and budget friendly wedding, their menu made us feel like a million bucks and we would highly recommend them to couples looking for family style custom event with a creative menu full of love and soul. Our fall wedding included seasonal veggies and entrees that tasted like an awesome meal made from scratch. They take good care of the guests and we had so many compliments on the service and the beef pot roast! Thank you Mountain Laurel, your attention to detail is greatly appreciated!
  • Valerie
    Valerie K. Married on 10/09/2020

Endless options with Mountain Laurel

I cannot thank Lauren, Sarah, Pat and team enough for the amount of compassion and flexibility when it came to our originally scheduled 4/4/20 wedding. Rescheduling for July and then finally celebrating in October, Mountain Laurel was able to accommodate anything that came their way. The team adapted all appetizers to be covid friendly. My favorite thing about Mountain Laurel is they can do anything you want. Honestly anything. Unlike other caterers with canned menu with selections, the team learns about you, proposes ideas, and accommodates any idea you throw their way. We ended up doing 2 tastings! Weeks later, my guests are still talking about how good the food was. The most talked about were the philly cheese steak egg rolls, wine braised short ribs, and the bacon wrapped scallops with apple gastrique. They don't mess with the little scallops, these are LARGE tasty scallops :) If i ever host a different event in the area again, I'm hiring Mountain Laurel!

Mountain Laurel Catering & Events's reply:

Thank you SO much Val! We really enjoyed working with you and seeing your day (finally) come to light! Both you & Mike handled all of the obstacles with an open mind, and that really made a difference. And we LOVED your dress!!! We wish you & your new husband all the best ❤️
    -Sarah
    Nicole K. Married on 09/19/2020

A food experience! Perfect!

The food was AMAZING! Because of covid i wasnt able to get to PA for a tasting (we live in colorado), and I can honestly say i didnt even need a tasting. The food was perfect!! My family is from NY and they were raving about how its the best food they have had at a wedding. My personal favorite was the salmon but everything i had on my menu was delicious! They also made sure hunter and i were taken care of with drinks and our food and even checked in with us on how the food was once dinner was served. We did hire bartenders from MLC and they were so fun and the guests loved the team! I was the bride that had alot of questions and they were always there to answer them quickly and happily. I cant thank the MLc team enough for a perfect wedding and a food EXPERIENCE! We love yous!
    *will post photos in a review once i get them ❤

Mountain Laurel Catering & Events's reply:

Awe, thanks Nicole! You were really wonderful to work with, and handled all of our obstacles of planning from out of state like a champ! Thank you again and again for having us share in your celebration ❤️

Sarah

oh, and we ordered ourselves some of Katz's partrami - Hubba hubba!
    Katie Married on 09/12/2020

Fantastic Food and Fabulous Service!

We chose Mountain Laurel because they were on our preferred vendor list and now we understand why! The food was AMAZING and the drinks were out of this world! We had a few guests that are vegans / vegetarians and MLC created a special appetizer for them!
    My husband is born and raised in Maryland, so for our signature drinks we wanted to do an Orange Crush and a Grapefruit Crush. We were a little nervous as MLC mentioned to us, they never made / had a crush before. Any Marylander knows these MUST be made with freshly squeezed oranges or grapefruits. The crazy thing is, these were the best crushes we’ve ever had!! Our guests LOVED the crushes and are still RAVING about the food. MLC team brought us and our family appetizers and cocktails as we were doing family photos – it was so sweet, my dad is still talking about this!! The waiters and waitresses must have come up to my husband and I while we were at our table at least 8 times – checking on us, seeing if we needed any drinks or more food! The entire staff was so kind, gracious and pleasant! Every guest has told us how fabulous the food was – from the salad to the cheese steak egg rolls to the creamy cheesy mash potatoes! Cannot say enough great things, definitely recommend them to cater any event!

Mountain Laurel Catering & Events's reply:

Katie- It was an absolute pleasure to be a part of your special day. We are so happy you and your guests had a great time and loved the food! Glad to hear we crushed it with the drinks! Wishing you and Tim all the best for your future! - the MLC team
  • User2663824 1+ year ago
    I cannot even begin to express my gratitude toward Mtn. Laurel and the owners Pat and Sarah. This is seriously your one stop shop for everything you need. I had a very small wedding, but have a large family - we basically eloped and then had a huge family celebration a few months after. The food was nothing short of amazing! I think that more than half of the guests spent a good portion of their day talking to Pat about his smoker and the impressiveness of the whole operation. They showed up early and left late. If you are looking for a bartender for your event they even provided one for us. Ask for Randy! He's the bees knees. At later gatherings my friends commented on how good and personable he was. I wish there was a section to add pictures because the food not only was delicious but the presentation of the whole thing was amazing, which is something I was worried about because we had a backyard buffet style of reception. I also loved that they were accommodating to my organic requests too.

Mountain Laurel Catering & Events's reply:

Thank you for the kind review. I'm so glad that we were a part of your special day! Wishing you both a beautiful future together!
  • Kristen
    Kristen H. Married on 05/23/2020

Stop your search and go with mountain laurel catering.

MLC was, hands down, the most incredible vendor we had the pleasure of working with for our wedding. Starting from the beginning, MLC was on top of every correspondence we had with them. They were so accommodating, responsive, and had a unique ability to get really creative to achieve what we were looking for within our budget. We were originally supposed to get married in 2020, and like many, we needed to push our date. But MLC made us feel so confident and comfortable and was willing to shift things around, even last minute, as we scrambled to figure out our final guest list.

We decided to go with a full Asian-themed menu for our wedding and the food was to die for. Everyone was obsessed with the potstickers, ramen shooters, miso salmon, and chicken tikka masala. We did a buffet, but the attention to detail on the design, presentation, etc. was so on point, I almost cried! They had the most beautiful decor set up around the buffet & app table. I had no idea that was something they even included until I saw it in person. It was the most incredible surprise.

Not to mention, their level of service day of was OUT OF THIS WORLD. Within 2 minutes of tying the knot and starting our family portraits, their staff came to deliver apps and drinks (which were MUCH needed at that point), and all night they were continuously asking us what we needed, and getting us refills.

I cannot possibly recommend MLC enough. You will be SO happy you went with them - they're the most incredible team, and they made our wedding day perfect!
    Emily K. Married on 04/11/2020

Excellent food!!!

Mountain Laurel nailed our wedding food - our goal was to make sure no one left hungry and that it was the best wedding food they’ve ever had; luckily we had booked mountain Laurel and they helped us achieve our goal! Our guests raved about our cocktail hour apps and loved the dinner meal and dessert table options. They even went so far as to make a special meal for my grandma on her birthday and it will forever be such a special moment for me surprising her with it! They were extremely easy to work with and I highly recommend them!!
  • Parker
    Parker C. Married on 02/08/2020

Amazing food!!!

Mountain laurel was simply amazing. I wouldn't change a thing. It's been over two weeks from our event and people are STILL talking to us about the food at our wedding.
    The staff were friendly and courteous. They made sure my wife and I got some of everything despite our need to work the room, and we're thoughtful and accommodating with everything. More important than any of that though, the food was simply awesome. Even two weeks before the event, my wife wanted to change the salad from mixed greens to arugula and it was taken care of immediately.
    I just feel blessed to have had such a great day, with great people, and such amazing food to celebrate it all with.

Mountain Laurel Catering & Events's reply:

We are so thrilled to hear your special day went great! We are so happy to have been a part of it. Wishing you both a beautiful future together!
    Denise V. Married on 11/21/2019

Professional, Flexible, Kind!

Lauren and the Mountain Laurel team have been amazing so far! We haven't had our wedding yet, but Lauren has been so helpful and kind. Our planning situation has been a little different because we are waiting on a Fiancé Visa, but Lauren took it all in stride and has been super patient. She even emailed me a few days before the interview to send me best wishes and to let me know that they are pulling for me! I would highly recommend this team based on professionalism and quality service. We have yet to try the food on our wedding day, but I'm sure it will be fantastic!
  • Kelly
    Kelly S. Married on 11/09/2019

Delicious and easy to work with!

Lauren and Mountain Laurel Catering were FANTASTIC! It was so easy to work with them and to customize everything on our menu so it would be exactly how we wanted on our big day. The food was delicious and we’ve received compliments from our guests saying the same. They also set up the place settings exactly as we wanted them so that everything looked cohesive and beautiful. My only regret is not eating more! ;) Highly recommend!!
    Angela M. Married on 11/02/2019

The Best!!!

We are so happy that we were referred to Mountain Laurel Catering! Meeting Chef Pat & Sarah at our food tasting was nothing short of amazing, they are truly a one of a kind team. Learning more about their background and them getting to know us was a great experience, plus the tasting they provided was outstanding! The food is so delicious, we knew right away we wanted them to cater our wedding. They are so creative with their menu and will tweak it to be unique to you. Lauren has been beyond amazing to work with, she is so knowledgeable and truly cares about her couples. Even if it doesn’t have to do with her job, she is still there to lead you in the right direction (you don’t find people like that nowadays). We will truly miss speaking with her. If you are looking for the best caterer in central PA, Mountain Laurel is it! We can’t say enough about the ML team. The servers and bartenders the day of were also great. We were always taken care of and felt so at ease the whole night because they made it a great experience. We can’t thank the ML team enough for being a big part of our special day!
    Joanna C. Married on 10/20/2019

Amazing!

When I say my day would not have been possible without Lauren, I'm not kidding! She took on the pressure or multiple vendors to be sure my (now) husband and I were taken care of and understood everything going on. In the weeks leading up, she took numerous phone calls and continuously checked in. She was worried about US and OUR experience as a couple, making sure that she went above and beyond to give us the best day possibly, even further than the food.

The staff at Mountain Laurel is unparalleled. I work for a small business and value customer service over anything - these people BLEW my mind! Exceeded every expectation. From a delicious, laid back & intimate tasting, to plating our appetizers for us to enjoy when we got to our table (since cocktail hour is hectic), to touching base with other vendors to ensure everything went smoothly - they didn't miss any details.

I had a few bad experiences as I planned my wedding but I cannot sing high enough praises to this entire staff. We were frequently checked on to make sure we didn't need anything, we were "catered" to like we mattered more than anything that night, and our guests could not stop talking about how DELICIOUS the food was!

Even if you're skeptical, give them a shot. Lauren was truly an asset to our wedding and every single staff member we interacted with was exceptional. I will never stop telling people how fantastic they are!! If you're looking for delicious food and people who actually CARE, look no further. you've found it at Mountain Laurel
  • Sara
    Sara C. Married on 10/18/2019

Excellent Experience!! Look no further!

I really can't say enough wonderful things about Lauren and the ENTIRE Mountain Laurel Staff! From day one they were amazing. I am a huge planner and I can't tell you how helpful it was that Lauren was also very organized and returned our emails so quickly! We had no idea what the wedding process was going to be like and we only had 8 months to plan. Mountain Laurel created the perfect menu just by asking a few questions about us a couple. I couldn't have created a better menu if I tried, and I love food. Everything was fresh and farm to table. Every single guest kept commenting, "this isn't wedding food, it's the best food we've ever had at a wedding." Everyone is actually still talking about the food...3 weeks later. Besides the delicious food and organization, was their attention to detail. We had a vintage and antique themed wedding and mountain laurel had mis-matched china that we upgraded to use which was amazing because I didn't have to rent it from an outside vendor. They really took our vison and used it in every aspect. As a bride who had so many other things on her plate to try to cut costs, to walk into our cocktail hour and see the Antipasto Table decorated with rustic and vintage platters and dinner ware (that I didn't have to worry about providing) brought tears to my eyes. They really care about making your wedding the most special day, and it was evident to not only us and our immediate family that were involved in the planning process, but also to our guests. They even went above and beyond with the non-alcoholic beverages, serving thyme lemonade, cucumber mint water, and basil sweet tea...it was amazing. We collect antique milk bottles and had them displayed around the barn, at the coffee bar they served the milk/cream in a old dairy bottle...what amazing attention to detail and to your clients. We also had a late night French fry bar that was a HUGE hit and again the table was decorated perfectly. You're not going to get a generic table cloth and setup with Mountain Laurel. We also did a donut bar and provided our own donut wall and donuts from the Amish Market. Even though we didn't have Mountain Laurel make our desserts they took care of setting up the donut wall when it was time for dessert, which they didn't have to do. This is a testament to how they treat their customers! I could go on and on about how wonderful our experience was, but I will just say if I had to do it all over again I would choose them every time for any event. Don't waste time searching for other caterers, you will not be disappointed!
    Alyssa M. Married on 09/28/2019

Simply The Best!

Chef Pat thrilled the pallets of our guests with his amazing food. Our guests raved about the food. The appetizers were so very special and the combination of ingredients made for deliciousness that surprised with every bite. Most excellent! Our family and friends will be talking about the food for a long time. The food melted in their mouths and enhanced the theme of family, fellowship and love. Food is a big expression of love, all the time and care that goes into the making of it. Also, your servers were exceptional. They were polite and so very helpful. On behalf of our entire family, we thank Mountain Laurel Catering for helping to make our day a perfect memory to treasure always. Our sincerest thanks and gratitude.
    Abigail W. Married on 07/12/2019

Love them!!

I can not tell you enough how much we loved working with Mountain Laurel Catering!! When planning our wedding food, it was my biggest desire to not have "typical" wedding food, and Mt. Laurel absolutely delivered that! Our guests commented over and over again that it was "the best wedding food they had ever had"-and I totally agreed with that!

I loved that we could personally choose our own menu based off of our favorite foods. Their flavor combinations and creativity were wonderful. I also have a food allergy, and Mt. Laurel went above and beyond to make sure that all the food was "safe". They were punctual, efficient,incredibly kind and easy to work with! They seriously made our planning process and our wedding so great! I would TOTALLY recommend them to anyone!
  • Adam
    Adam P. Married on 05/26/2019

Outstanding service and food!

Lauren and the whole crew at Mountain Laurel were absolutely fantastic from the start of our planning and even after the wedding! One of the priorities for both of us was great-tasting food with a kind of unique spin (my wife is Indian, I am American) for an Indian-American fusion. After explaining what we were looking for, Lauren came back with a menu that was just what we were looking for, and backed it up with an amazing personalized tasting. The team was super open and responsive to the couple changes we wanted to make as well.

On the day of the wedding the food and service provided by MLC was spot-on. Very professional, everything on-time, and as expected the food was just great (and got many compliments from our guests). Lauren really went above and beyond and helped with non-food related stuff at the end of the night as well. Overall, MLC helped make our day all the more wonderful and special. We could not have asked for a better catering company or a better catering director!

Adam & Ambili
    Lauren Married on 11/24/2018

Mountain Laurel made the impossible possible, and on a budget!

Mountain Laurel did an INCREDIBLE job catering our wedding. We have a variety of dietary restrictions in our families, and they were able to accommodate with ease. The food was delicious. They were flexible with changes we made through the planning process, and skillfully adapted to our venue and time time limitations. Not only did everything go as planned, but it was all stellar. We are so grateful to Lauren and the whole crew.

Hi Lauren,

Thank you so much for the kind review! It means so much to us that we could work with you and Bram on your wedding. We're thrilled everyone loved the food. Hope you two are well!

Debra M. Married on 10/20/2018

Creative Menus

Experienced and knowledgeable staff made our daughter's wedding planning easy and the execution was perfect.

Chef Pat's creative menu and vast choices means you will find just what you're looking for.

Problem solving a specialty!