Mountain House Estate Reviews

Mountain House Estate 6
Mountain House Estate 7

Cheyenne G · Getting married on 11/13/2020

Very Helpful

We were in the early stages of planning and weren't sure where to start. Lane did our tour and made us imagine our vision and it went seamlessly from there. This was the first place we looked at and didn't want to go anywhere else, we fell in love with this place. Our family has seen pictures and can't wait to see it on our wedding day. We are getting married Nov. 13, 2020. This place is perfect for our party of about 120 people and all the people Lane referred me to have been amazing to talk to and work with as well.

Sent on 02/24/2019

Mountain House Estate's reply:

We're very excited about your wedding!! It was awesome meeting you both and walking through your vision for your wedding together. Thank you for choosing MHE for your wedding!

Danielle · Married on 08/10/2019

A fairytale

I do not even know where to start. Mountain house estate was the most magical, beautiful, classy, fairytale-esque venue, and we feel so lucky to have gotten to share it with our family and friends. Lane and John are the owners and they are the warmest, kindest people. They help you all along the way with suggestions and support. I feel like words really fall flat in expressing how much we loved this special place. We had our ceremony by the oak tree which was really close to my heart because it reminded me of the street I grew up on. Then cocktail hour inside near the bar, dinner on the lawn in front of the pond, and dancing on the gorgeous back patio. The whole evening was perfect. 10/10 would recommend this venue.

Sent on 08/17/2019
    Mountain House Estate 8
    Mountain House Estate 9
    Mountain House Estate 10

Mountain House Estate's reply:

Thank you! We loved having you here for your special day! We're glad we could help with suggestions along the way. Enjoy your honeymoon, and may all your fairytales come true! John and Lane
  • Dodie

Dodie Martz · Married on 07/05/2019

Wow. Just wow. In a good way!

If you’re looking for the perfect wine country wedding, look no further. My daughter and son-in-law were married at Mountain House last weekend and it was nothing short of spectacular. We had such a magical time and owners John and Lane were a pleasure from start to finish. We worked with them for about a year and every interaction was so professional and filled with great caring and love. Their venue is immaculate (I challenge anyone to find even one dead flower on the sprawling property!). They are experts in every detail and provide guidance and suggestions in a very unassuming and friendly way. Little touches are everywhere and the amount of flexibility in what you can do, where is endless. Our 150 guests had the time of their lives, a few even commenting, “This is the most elegant, effortless wedding I’ve ever attended.” So if you’re wondering if Mountain House is for you, wonder no more. Book it. Now!

Sent on 07/13/2019
    Mountain House Estate 11

Mountain House Estate's reply:

XOXO - it was a pleasure having Amy and Jon celebrate here! Not to mention how awesome their parents and family are. A happy life to the newlyweds!!! John and Lane

Amy · Married on 07/05/2019

Heaven On Earth

Is there a heaven on earth? YES!

My husband and I had heard of MHE through a mutual friend and wow, just wow! We were so in love that we cancelled all other venue tours and booked right away after our first visit. As a couple from Northern California, we dreamed of finding a venue that honored and accentuated the beauty of California and MHE nails it. The grounds are immaculate, the gardens are exquisite, the trees (and especially the Oak Trees up the hill where we had our ceremony) are to die for. Both we and our guests could not get over how truly stunning this venue is and it is the perfect size with lots of options on how to use space. We had a wedding of 150. We had our ceremony under the Oak Tree, had cocktails in the barn, did dinner on the lawn, and dancing/photobooth/lawn games/dessert on the patio. It was the perfect use of space and made each area feel new and special. Highly recommend and felt like a really nice use of space while still feeling intimate.

Looking for a venue that replies ASAP? MHE. Looking for a place that is constantly in communication leading up to your wedding? MHE. Looking for a place that allows to go past midnight? MHE. Looking for a place that allows you to book any vendor to truly make your day your own? MHE.

Not only is this place just heaven, but John and Lane are some of the sweetest people you will ever meet. They were incredibly open with everything that the venue includes and we loved that we had the ability to hire whichever vendor we liked (most of ours were from their vendor list and man oh man do they have true gems on there and we ended up hiring local businesses too!).

To show just how amazing John and Lane are I want to tell a little story. After our wedding I realized I had lost a family heirloom that was on my bouquet. The next day I called Lane in a panic and we were ready to scour the property looking for it. After I retraced my steps, my husband and I realized I had left my bouquet in the garden. Lane being the angel she is went up and checked for us on the drive up and found it! She is a legend!!

On our wedding day, we felt truly at ease and just overjoyed to be there. Our guests could not stop talking about how gorgeous everything was and I even heard some people say it was the most effortlessly, relaxed and beautiful wedding they have ever been to. Score!

Lane and John, thank you from the bottom of our hearts for everything. We wish you the best of luck in everything and thank you for making our wedding dreams come true!

Sent on 08/02/2019

Mountain House Estate's reply:

Thank you Amy! As you've experienced, our goal is to help you have the best day ever. The vendors on our Nice list, have earned their way there by giving great service and being wonderful to work with. Those on our Naughty list .... have also earned their way there... I really appreciated that some of you guests took time out to find me, and thank me for the wonderful venue and wedding experience. What they need to know is that we only provide the backdrop, you and Jon provided the LOVE! Best always, John and Lane
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Anderson · Married on 06/21/2019

Amazing possibilities here!

We chose to have our wedding at Mountain House Estate because we wanted to have a wedding that we could customize and make into our own. We saw several lovely venues during our search, but so many didn't allow us to make many decisions or tailor the day to our own interests. Enter MHE...just what we were looking for and beautiful too! We were able to choose our own vendors with some preferred vendors provided to help guide us when needed, bring our own alcohol, set our own hours, select from many spaces where we would have the ceremony versus reception, and even bring in a second late night food vendor (i.e. a taco cart set up right on the patio). Our guests continue to contact us and comment on how unique and personal our wedding turned out to be. Everyone (including the bride and the groom) had a great time, and we would choose to have our wedding here 100% if given the option to do everything again.
    Oh and we can't forget the owners. They are professional all of the way. They were extremely responsive to our questions via e-mail and made the whole experience great fun. Thanks John and Lane!

Sent on 07/03/2019

Mountain House Estate's reply:

We love that you saw the potential to have your unique and custom wedding at MHE! And custom it was all the way down to fresh made churros on the patio! It was a great working with you as you planned your special day, and such a pleasure to see the results of your planning come to life. Happiness to you always! John and Lane

Melissa · Married on 05/26/2019

Mountain House Estate

We fell in love with this venue the day we saw it and knew it was the one! Everything is so well maintained, the property is absolutely gorgeous! The bridal suite, the oak tree we got married under, outdoor patio area with bistro lights above, the gorgeous pond, bar area…. I could go on! John & Lane were friendly and easy to work with, Lane always responded to my emails so quickly! Their list of preferred vendors was super helpful. Would highly recommend this dreamy venue! I wish we could get married here all over again!

Sent on 09/26/2019
    Mountain House Estate 12

Chelsea · Married on 04/26/2019

Amazing Venue!

Mountain House Estate was the absolute perfect venue for our wedding! There are many different options as to where you can have your ceremony and reception, so you can find a flow that fits you and your needs. Also, the grounds and amenities are so naturally beautiful and can really fit any aesthetic. One of my favorite things was that the bridal suite is right upstairs which was so convenient. If I needed to quickly freshen up in the middle of everything it was nice and centrally located. Also the bar is absolutely stunning! I cannot thank Lane and John enough for all their help and allowing us to have the wedding of our dreams!

Sent on 05/08/2019

Mountain House Estate's reply:

Thank you Chelsea! We are 110% dedicated to helping couples have the best wedding day ever!

We understand that couples have a vision of what they want their wedding experience to be. Therefore we provide multiple ceremony and reception areas, so that you can have your custom design come to life. As we are not a ‘one size fits all’ type venue, you’re free to create the guest experience that will keep them talking long after the wedding.

Thank you for your kind words, John and Lane

Hayley Hicks · Married on 02/17/2019

Incredible venue!

We were absolutely blown away by the beauty of Mountain House Estate as well as the hospitality of Lane and John. Their response time was almost instant anytime we had a question and they had excellent suggestions when it came to our coordinator. They suggested Lacey Davis who helped make our day so special. One thing we appreciated most about the venue is it’s options. Up until a week to the wedding we had planned to have it at the tree sight, and reception outside. When the weather was not going to allow that, the venue provided multiple backup plans! We can’t thank them enough for taking care of us.

Sent on 02/23/2019
    Mountain House Estate 13
    Mountain House Estate 14
    Mountain House Estate 15

Mountain House Estate's reply:

We loved having you and David here, and what a wonderful group of guests! And the pictures - oh my word! Your photographer, Kelsy Shaffor Photography, used some of our different areas and did a super job capturing your special day. Doesn't having a great Planner like Lacey Davis of Stacey Goods Events make a huge difference? Thank you so much for allowing us to share the estate with you and your guests. John

Kaitlin Zezza · Married on 10/20/2018

Wouldn’t have changed a thing!

My husband and I got married at MHE on October 20th, 2018. When we started looking for a venue, we had a few “musts”. MHE fit all those requirements— including the flexibility to choose our vendors and the space to accommodate our guest list. In fact, MHE was the first and ONLY venue we looked at. Once we walked around the beautiful grounds, we knew we had found “the one”. The only issue we ran into was wanting to utilize all the spaces, which was no fault of the venue itself.

As I mentioned, it is not a one stop shop type of place, which is one of the reasons we loved MHE so much. I will admit it added more decisions to the long list of to dos, but more importantly it gave us the ability to personalize every aspect of our day in order to reflect our love.

John and Lane were super helpful and informative in the months leading up to our wedding day. They went above and beyond to make sure all our questions were answered and to offer guidance of what’s worked well in the past. They both take so much pride in their property and have worked so hard to update the estate and property while maintaining its rustic beauty.

To this day, every time we talk to one of our guests, they boast about what a beautiful day it was. We are so glad everyone was able to enjoy it as much as we did! And our photos are our lasting memory of just how perfect everything was.

Thanks again, John and Lane!

Sent on 12/06/2018

Amber · Married on 09/22/2018

We loved our wedding. It was elegant and so worth every cent we paid. The owners of Mountain House go above and beyond to accommodate all your dreams coming true. I feel like our day could not have been more special or gorgeous.

Sent on 09/25/2018

Daniel · Married on 08/18/2018

I was amazed with how great everything turned out to be. The venue is beautiful with so many charming photo spots for the couple as well as the entire entourage and guests. Inside the estate there are several rooms available to rent for the weekend, which makes setting up, getting ready, cleaning up, etc. so much more manageable and helps take the stress off from having to do everything on the day of the event. It's very spacious so the guests never feel like they are crammed into any particular area and the inside of the main house was recently redone, making it feel so much more rustic. I understand that grooms don't often review things related to weddings, but this place is so great that I decided to be an exception. Thank you to everyone at Mountain House Estates for help making our dream wedding come to life!

Sent on 08/27/2018

Ethel-Lynn · Married on 08/18/2018

I found Mountain House Estate by searching through Unique places in Northern California. A couple places showed up in my search but I picked this place because of the different locations to take photos. We were Renewing our Vows and at the same time I'm also an Event Planner so for me there are certain specific things I look for in making this event for my husband and I memorable for us and the guests. What I love about our contact Lane at the property is that she had a preferred vendor list so she can tell you her experiences with them. She can also tell you about the nearest places for guests and food. She also was very prompt in emailing us back with questions we had along the way. The location was very private, intimate, and personable. Everyone kept asking us how we found this place. I'm all about doing something different than other weddings and this venue definitely makes you stand out from the rest. This place has tables, chairs, a place for you bridal party to get ready and a separate place for the groomsmen. You can have both an indoor and outdoor or garden reception/ceremony. You can make this a Country Barn Wedding, a Garden Wedding, etc in an Estate Setting. They have rooms available - I would do the weekend package to stay there package. It's nice to have the place to yourself the wedding rehearsal, the wedding, and enjoy time with your close family/friends. If you want a wedding where you can put your own personal touch to - this is the place. It is definitely something you would see in a magazine/pintrest worthy and something your guests will rave about in the years to come. We Love Mountain House Estate - Aloha, The McDonald Family 08-18-18 #mcwedding81818

Sent on 08/27/2018

Kyle · Married on 08/11/2018

We could not recommend the Mountain House Estate more. The venue is the most beautiful venue we've seen. The property is so well taken care of and designed, every one of our guests commented on its beauty. We are so fortunate to have been married at the Mountain House Estate. John and Lane kept us in the loop, worked with our vendors, and made themselves available to answer all of our questions and concerns. We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful place to start off our future.

Sent on 08/18/2018
  • Deidra

Deidra · Married on 08/03/2018

Lane and John are absolutely a dream to work with. The property is so beautiful I barely had to use my florist to do anything other than extenuate it. Our wedding was so much fun. We got married under the big oak tree and utilized both inside and outdoor patio for the reception. Had 2 food trucks. It was really a dream come true. They worked with me answered all my questions and were so easy to get a hold of. They also recommended the best wedding planner a bride could ask for, Lacey. There is literally no reason to get married anywhere else!! Oh and the bridal suite! And a place for the groom to get be ready!!

Sent on 08/07/2018
    Mountain House Estate 16
    Mountain House Estate 17
    Mountain House Estate 18
    Mountain House Estate 19
    Mountain House Estate 20

Emma · Married on 08/03/2018

We absolutely loved our wedding at Mountain House Estate this past summer. Firstly there are so many options to choose from for where you want your ceremony/dinner/cocktail hour on the estate, that means you can make the day into whatever you want and the whole venue is stunning. Three other big reasons we chose Mountain House: 1. We could get the venue until Midnight which in Sonoma it is really hard to find venues that will go past 10pm. 2.BYO alcohol and being permitted to provided spirits to our guests - again many venues in Sonoma will only allow beer and wine (and being english and australian not having spirits would have been an issue!) 3.Although they have an expansive list of preferred vendors at different budget options, you can use any vendors so long as they have the right insurance and are fully licenced.

I was really worried that we and guests were going to boil in the August sun but the venue gets a really good breeze and so even though Sam was in a three piece suit and I had long sleeves we were totally fine with the temperature.

John and Lane were fantastic at answering my millions of questions. I booked our venue nearly two years ahead of time so they got alot of questions over that time and were always very fast at replying which I really appreciated. Also over the two years John and Lane were always adding extra touches to the venue e.g the fire pit wine barrels, groomsmen suite and reno of the main room, all were done between booking the venue and our wedding day so we ended up with an even better experience than what we had expected. They are always improving the venue which is awesome.

You can tell they genuinely want you to have the best day of your life and I am so glad we chose this venue for our special day.

Sent on 09/23/2018
    Mountain House Estate 28
    Mountain House Estate 29
    Mountain House Estate 30

Mountain House Estate's reply:

This was one of the most fun weddings ever! We love how you used all the areas of the venue and made them so special. We loved having you here and wish you a lifetime of happiness! John and Lane

Jeannie · Married on 06/23/2018

My now husband and I just got married on June 23rd 2018 at Mountain House Estate!! What can I say that hasnt already been said?! When we began our search for wedding venues, Mountain House Estate was one of the 1st out of 15 total venues we toured. We absolutely fell in love the moment we pulled into the parking lot but didn't want to jump the gun so we just kept on touring. We found ourselves comparing every venue to Mountain House Estate though and after the 15th venue, we were like "why are we torturing ourselves?!" and booked with Mountain House Estate!!
    Lane and John are both very kind and you can feel the love they put into the venue. Lane answered all of my million emails within hours of sending it. She helped me with decisions that I couldn't make. She kept me calm when I was worried. She was just the best!

We are from the East Bay and when we told everyone we chose Cloverdale, they were like "why so far?!" but once our guests arrived at the venue, they understood. My make up artist even said it was the most gorgeous bridal suite she ever did make up in!

I highly recommend Mountain House Estate to anyone who wants a fairy tale wedding.

Sent on 07/10/2018
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 05/19/2018

I am so lucky to have found such a beautiful venue for my wedding day. I booked Mountain House Estate for my wedding in May 2018. So far they have been very accommodating and willing to help out in any way possible. If you have not visited Mountain House Estate you should put it on your list. This Venue is absolutely stunning, I was in awe when I visited. Also Brides if your looking for a bridal suite to get ready, this one will make your jaw drop. This venue is like a blank canvas and you will be able to create your own special day just the way you want it. My fiancé and I cannot wait to have our special day there! Thank you Mountain House Estate!

Sent on 02/07/2017

Mountain House Estate's reply:

We're looking forward to the big day Christine! Thank you for the kind words.

Grecia · Married on 05/11/2018

I searched so many venues and not one was calling my attention, but when I found Mountain House Estate, I scheduled a visit right away. This was the only place I actually saw in person, as soon as I got there, I knew this was the place where I wanted to have my wedding. Lane and John were amazing in accommodating to all our needs. Our wedding was truly a wish come true and it was all thanks to this beautiful place. Thanks to this place, our pictures and videos are perfect! On the day of the wedding, of course I had totally forgotten about having to eat something for lunch, Lane was kind enough to offer to bring pizza for the whole bridal party. Super nice of her. This venue was something very different for all our family members, I loved getting compliments on how gorgeous this venue was. The patio lights outside at night time definitely gave it a warm feeling while seeing all the happy smiles from our friends and family members dancing. Extremely satisfied with Mountain House Estate, wish I could relive this day again!!

Sent on 08/28/2018
    Mountain House Estate 31
    Mountain House Estate 32

Mountain House Estate's reply:

You and Carlos were a pleasure to meet and work with! Thank you for posting the photos - I love the ones of you laughing! You had so much fun on your wedding day! Best always! John and Lane

Sarah · Married on 10/07/2017

I am planning my wedding with Mountain House Estate with my wedding date in October. The owners, John and Lane, have been the most outstanding, responsive and caring individuals I have met throughout this wedding planning process. All of the hard work and passion they have put into the property is definitely something that does not go unnoticed. Their flexibility is astonishing and something we will never forget!!!! I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone and everyone. Beautiful property, well maintained, the best ownership, affordable, all around the best place I could ever have imagined for our big day. What more can you ask for??

Sent on 08/01/2017

Mountain House Estate's reply:

Thank you Sarah. Your wedding was spectacular!

Sarah · Married on 10/07/2017

Mountain House Estate is the first and only venue my now husband and I needed to look at it. It was love at first site! From the absolute perfect and beautiful scenery to working with John and Lane. They made every part of this experience the best we could have ever imagined. They are responsive, friendly, always smiling and willing to let you customize your wedding that suits your needs (which was a huge plus to us!). Mountain House Estate was the perfect venue to make out dream wedding come true! Thank you John and Lane for making this possible!!!!!

Sent on 10/24/2017

Georgia · Married on 08/26/2017

Where do I even begin with the amazingness (is that a word?!) of Mountain House Estate? From the moment we first saw it, we knew it was the location for us. Lane and John have gone above and beyond to make this space beautiful, functional, and unique.

Dozens of our guests asked us how we found the space, and praised our good luck! The various locations around the property give guests multiple sensory experiences - from the ceremony at the oak tree, to cocktail hour on the lawn, and the reception on the patio. We were able to have literally every type of location we wanted in one place.

Because Mountain House Estate is purpose-built, you have everything you need as a bride or groom. The bridal suite and groom's room (basically a studio apartment!) are perfect for getting ready. We had 9 bridesmaids and 9 groomsmen, and everyone was comfortable all day together. There are two dedicated spaces for catering (they are never in your way), and the bar is HUGE. We never saw a big line at the bar because there wasn't enough space to get a drink or just belly up at the bar.

Finally, John and Lane could not be kinder, more attentive, or flexible. I will seriously miss Lane's emails!

TL;DR: Book this space ASAP. You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 02/07/2017

Martha Anne · Married on 08/26/2017

Mountain House Estate was the absolute perfect location and venue for my daughter's wedding. John and Lane, the owners, are not only incredibly nice but went out of their way to help with anything we needed. The venue is beautiful and offers so many different areas - from a large, beautiful pond with koi, and a lush, grassy area in front, to an idyllic area up on a hill under an amazing oak tree for the ceremony. The house where the reception and dinner took place was so personable and had a spacious and lovely bridal suite - with 9 bridesmaids and mothers, we had plenty of room and felt so special right up until the ceremony! My husband and I stayed at the venue as well and felt as if we were the ones on vacation. Mountain House Estate was perfect. I wouldn't have changed a thing!

Sent on 09/02/2017

Natalie · Married on 08/05/2017

My now-husband and I instantly fell in love with Mountain House Estate at first site. It had that rustic-chic understated beauty that we were looking for and amazingly fit our budget! We loved the mix of indoor and outdoor spaces with various sites that would be ideal for a ceremony and reception. The sleek all-wood bar and bridal suite especially blew our minds. The entire place is so lovely you really don't need any decorations. But what made the whole experience so easy and pleasant was working with the wonderful and kind people that run this venue. John and Lane were prompt, clear, flexible, and responded swiftly to everything, including the myriad of questions that kept popping up for us. We also liked having choice in selecting our own vendors, though it was helpful to get a preferred vendor list and recommendations to get us started. Every time we visited the site, there were new improvements and embellishments. I have no doubt this place is only going to look better and better. The only nuisance at this venue is that you have to cart out all garbage or arrange to have this handled by staff you hire. Luckily, we rented a huge van and had our trusted wedding party and friends to help us out at the end of the night. I can honestly say our wedding day went better than we could have imagined! We are so thrilled to have found this venue. For any couple that decides to go with Mountain House Estate, they are in great hands!

Sent on 08/21/2017

Esmeralda · Married on 06/24/2017

Where should I start. After seeing so many different wedding venues in California MHE was our last stop. You can either go with the country/rustic wedding or modern wedding. This venue has many different options for ceremony site, reception site, cocktail hour and so on. You have options to customize your wedding the way you want it! This place also includes bridal & groom rooms to get ready, tables, chairs, umbrellas, lighting, and more. John will do anything he can to maintain the venue at it’s best. Everything is very well maintained outdoors and indoors. Love the numerous plants and flowers, it makes for a beautiful venue. John is always adding more details to the venue and looking for ways to improve everything. Believe me when I say everything! This past year my husband and I got to witness great additions to the venue. We are so glad they got done before our wedding! Lane is very sweet and caring. She will respond quickly to all your questions and will go out of her way to help you if you need it. If you pick MHE make sure you hire Lacey Davis from #staceygoodsfarmandevents as your coordinator. She has a great relationship with Lane and John so you know she will meet everyone’s wants and needs perfectly! She knows the venue very well and hustles like no other. She will make sure your day is perfect! You are able to hire any licensed/insured vendor you want which was something important for us. Our wedding was more than we could have ever dreamed of and I can’t wait to see our pictures and video! Thanks John and Lane for everything! 9.21.18 ❤️

Sent on 10/03/2018

Danielle · Married on 06/10/2017

The moment my husband and I walked through the front gate to the great lawn and pond area we knew this was the venue for us. It was tranquil, beautiful, and a bit nostalgic for me. The grounds are kept up lovely the entire year, I went up to this venue so many times before our wedding. John was the nicest, most laid back venue owner I had come in contact with, he was more than accommodating and always looking out for our best interests. Giving us the weather conditions the week of our wedding to vendor suggestions, just everything John and Lane did was amazing! I highly recommend this venue for any and every couple. Thank you so much for providing my husband and I with our dream wedding venue!

Sent on 08/07/2017

Mountain House Estate's reply:

Thank you Danielle - we loved having you and Nick here for your celebration!