Mount Palomar Winery Reviews

99 | Temecula, CA

99 Reviews for Mount Palomar Winery

• Kate

Kate · Married on 07/30/2015

We are not from the US and had never been to California but had our heart set on getting married in a winery in Temecula so all our research was all done online and via email, we had contacted about 20 other wineries before we stumbled upon Mount Palomar. The others didn't work with our budget nor the number of guests we were having (less than 10) but when we contacted Lauren the wedding coordinator at Mount Palomar she offered us the perfect package that was exactly what we were looking for!
    We didn't see the venue until the day before the wedding when we met Lauren to do some wine tasting and even though we had seen so many photos online we were mesmerized by the beauty of the entire grounds of this place, it took my breath away as it's that stunning. You really don't need to have any decorations because it's that beautiful the venue just speaks for itself! Lauren and her team made our day so perfect, they took care of everything so the only thing we had to do was get ready in our own suites and get married! Lauren took us around the venue on a golf buggy for our photos as the place is quite huge and everything she did was amazing, she really knows what she is doing and has been a pleasure working with her! I would recommend this place to anyone, if this is the first venue you visit then you will not want to look any further as you automatically fall in love with the place!! We will definitely return for wine tasting and lunch next time we are in California! Just perfect!!

Sent on 09/07/2015

Dylan · Married on 07/25/2015

When people ask about our wedding we can never say enough about our venue. Mount Palomar Winery is, in our opinion, the most beautiful location in all of Temecula wine country. This venue truly made our wedding. We didn’t have to add anything to make the setting beautiful, it is just already breathtaking. Even in the middle of summer, the grounds were absolutely lovely and incredibly green. Our wedding package was quite reasonable and included a lot of what the other wineries charge extra for. The wines were delightful!! The Riesling was a huge hit among our guests. The food was absolutely delicious! Everyone raved about the food at the wedding, commenting on how it was some of the best food they have ever had at a wedding!
    Even more impressive were the wonderful people who assisted us from the very beginning, over a year ago, to the end of a most perfect day. Lauren Shields, our on-site coordinator, was so pleasant and helpful from our very first meeting. Her professionalism and kindness put us at ease immediately, we left feeling such excitement about our event. A year later she continued our confidence with her timely contact and further planning of our rehearsal, rehearsal dinner (in the fantastic barrel room) and then on the big day. Our wedding day was absolutely perfect and Lauren and Cassie and the rest of the staff were a huge part of that. They took care of everything and made sure all went well for us and our guests. We didn’t have to lift a finger or stress at all, they took care of everything so that we could simply enjoy ourselves. We are so grateful for their effort in making sure everything ran smoothly, which it did and we had such a perfect day with no problems or hiccups at all! We have had so many compliments on our beautiful wedding and the great food and wine. Many have said it was the best wedding they had ever been to! I would definitely recommend Mount Palomar Winery as a fantastic choice for a wedding venue!!

Sent on 08/23/2015

Karen · Married on 06/27/2015

Mount Palomar Winery made our dream wedding a reality. Everything was perfect and ran smoothly. The customer service was beyond compare. I am the type of person who gets stressed out easily, but the staff at Palomar made sure there was nothing to stress over. Every employee we met, including the owner, was very friendly and polite. Customer service is VERY important to me, and Mount Palomar definitely had some impressive customer service. Lauren helped with the planning details throughout our engagement. She is super sweet, she handled all my millions of questions like a champ, and she made sure I got what I wanted. Cassy was our day of coordinator. She made me feel like I was in very good hands. She made sure we were well taken care of. She was sweet, friendly, and professional. I couldn't think of a better team to have coordinating my wedding day.

In addition to the outstanding customer service, Mount Palomar has the most beautiful property of all the wineries. The ceremony site was on a hill top with breath taking views. The property felt very private. We didn't run into any wine tasters since the winery closes at 5 and the ceremony site is well separated from the tasting room. We chose to have our reception in the barrel room because we loved how unique and pretty it was. We didn't need to add any extra decore. The room is ready with ceiling draping and lights strung through the barrels. It's gorgeous! The indoor option was also great because Temecula has a noise ordinance that requires outdoor music to be off by 10. We didn't have to deal with that constraint since we were inside.

I highly recommend Mount Palomar Winery for anyone looking for an amazing wedding venue. I can't express enough how happy we were with everything and everyone we worked with, including all the amazing vendors that Palomar recommended to us!!! I am so thankful we got to experience our special day at Mount Palomar Winery!

Sent on 07/31/2015

Taryn · Married on 06/06/2015

My (now) husband and I visited almost every winery in Temecula for our wedding location and Mount Palomar was our perfect fit. The venue itself is gorgeous, completely secluded from the main road. Their package prices are very competitive for the area and from what I experienced a great value. Lauren and her team were amazing! Very accommodating to our needs and concerns. The day of, I was so nervous and Lauren handled everything, even helping me bustle my dress! Our wedding day was flawless and I owe it to everyone at Mount Palomar (as well as my other vendors) for handling everything so professionally.

Sent on 07/26/2015

Heather · Married on 05/24/2015

We had our wedding here on June 13, 2015 and I would describe it as a complete fairytale. As soon as we toured the site, we knew this is where we needed to get married there. The ceremony site is absolutely breathtaking, as well as the outdoor reception and the barrel room. The staff knows how to maintain and decorate a beautiful site. Lauren is a wonderful wedding coordinator - so organized, quick to respond, quick to find solutions.

On the day of our wedding, I was able to completely relax and get ready in their bridal suite with my mom and bridesmaids. Lauren and her wonderful staff took care of everything. Cassidy, her assistant, was such a sweetheart to us when we were getting ready. She was doing set up and checking on us. The set-up at the reception was so breathtaking, and all of our guests were telling us they had never seen such a gorgeous ceremony and reception.All of the guest photos so far have shown this - we cannot wait to get our professional pictures back! Our guests also commented on how well everything flowed - this is due to Lauren and my other wedding planner who she recommended, Annette from A Classic Touch Events. Also, the food and wine are excellent - My husband had family coming from far and wide, and they loved it! At least half of our guests have said it was the best and most romantic wedding they had ever been to.

There is a noise ordinance due to the houses located nearby, so at 10pm we relocated the reception into the barrel room. This was the cherry on top of our reception - it is such a beautiful room and a great place to have people dance! All of our guests raved about what a fun way it was to end the party.

To sum it all up, mount palomar made our dream wedding come true. If you are thinking of getting married here, I recommend it 100%!! I wish we could relive the day!

Sent on 06/29/2015

Katelyn · Married on 05/02/2015

It was a blessing to celebrate and have our wedding at Mount Palomar Winery in Temecula! We were able to have both our rehearsal dinner and our wedding ceremony and reception at their venue! It was both breathtaking during the day as well as the evening! We would recommend this venue to anyone who is looking!

Sent on 07/16/2015

Nikki · Married on 04/25/2015

Mount Palomar was the first winery we looked at during our hunt for a wedding venue in Temecula, and we fell in love with the views even after touring some of the other beautiful wineries in the area. We cannot say enough wonderful things about Lauren and her staff. Our dream outdoor wedding ended up getting rained out, and we had to move our cocktail hour and reception into the barrel room. Lauren made this transition so seamless, that we had many guests exclaim their surprise that the barrel room hadn’t been our first choice. To say that we could have been miserable with the changes, only speaks to what a wonderful experience Mount Palomar created for us on our wedding day.

The food and wine was delicious, and the barrel room was so beautiful…which promoted many of our friends to return the day after the wedding to take in the sunny views and join their wine club. As disappointed as we were in the lack of the outdoor wedding, the staff’s professionalism, efficiency in making the last minute changes, and their beautiful indoor option all made for a dream wedding. Thank you to Lauren for keeping us sane, and making sure that all our crazy requests were met with a calm smile and a nod. We highly recommend Mount Palomar for any couple’s wedding!

Sent on 05/28/2015

Scott · Married on 03/07/2015

We visit Temecula frequently but had never been to Mount Palomar until the day we scheduled our visit to meet with Cassie to tour the venue. We had definitely been missing out. There was no question when we left to go to the next winery that we didn't need to go anywhere else. If you want amazing views for your pictures and an experience you and your guests will never forget you must pick Mount Palomar! My wife and I could not have imagined any better! From the first time that we met Cassie during the walk through to working Lauren on all of the details we knew we had picked the right place for us. You are the only wedding on property so we took advantage of utilizing almost all of the beautiful grounds. Everyone that works at Mount Palomar is so friendly and attentive which was important to us because we live in Las Vegas so we were running blind on some of the planning. Lauren was so easy to work with and was very responsive to all of our questions and concerns. Our guests were mainly from Ohio and they are still talking about the amazing time they had, how good the food was, and the great wine! On the day of our wedding we don't know what we would have done without Cassie. She made sure we had everything that we needed, ran all of the property to ensure all of our details were on point and made sure we kept up with the timeline. We didn't have to think about a single thing except each other. The ceremony site is breathtaking and the barrel room is stunning. We did a duo plated dinner with a few vegetarian plates. Mount Palomar is the only choice if you want a complete turnkey venue for your ceremony, cocktail hour, reception and want the best service! Thank you Lauren, Cassie, and the rest of the Mount Palomar staff for making our day a day that we keep wanting to relive! We can not wait for our next visit!

Sent on 04/04/2015

Rachel · Married on 02/15/2015

Booking our wedding reception at Mount Palomar was an easy decision. I immediately fell in love with the breathtaking views during my first visit on a wine tasting tour. Almost 3 years later, I returned to Mt. Palomar to secure my date, knowing that it was absolutely the venue I envisioned that would be perfect for our reception. Lauren and staff executed everything perfectly from start to finish. Through the planning process and down to the last minute of our reception, I never had to worry. Even more so, they made sure my glass was never empty. Thank you so much to the staff and owner of Mount Palomar for giving us the reception of my dreams.

Sent on 03/01/2015

Veronica · Married on 02/14/2015

My husband and I got married at Mount Palomar Winery on Valentine's Day. Our coordinator, Lauren, handled the entire process with such professionalism and kindness. The ceremony, held at the Bella Vista site, was breathtaking with gorgeous views. Our reception took place in the barrel room, and it was also decorated beautifully. All of our guests commented on how delicious the food was. Our wedding turned out to be everything we ever dreamed of. We will never forget the joy we both felt on this special day. It was the perfect, romantic wedding. Thank you Mount Palomar!

Sent on 03/01/2015
  • I

Ivan · Married on 02/07/2015

Such a lovely place and phenomenal people too! We loved every bit of this wonderful venue -- but most importantly, they only do one wedding at a time there, so you can enjoy the entire place on your big day. People were friendly and helpful throughout the entire process, from planning to execution! If we could get married again, it would be there, no questions asked!

Sent on 02/25/2015
  • Keli

Keli · Married on 01/17/2015

The most perfect winery venue!!!

We just got married here in September and I couldn't imagine a more beautiful venue. Even though it was 100 degree weather that day, everything was still perfect. The ceremony takes place overlooking the most gorgeous scenery and the outdoor reception area is breathtaking in the evening. I can't believe how great all the photos came out. Everyone has been telling us it was the most beautiful wedding they'd ever been to and it was the best wedding food they have ever had (they use Temecula Catering and the food was delicious!!!!) I can't say enough good things about this venue and how perfect they made my wedding day.

Sent on 10/07/2019

Jonah · Married on 11/15/2014

If we could give a 10 rating on each category, we would! We've been enjoying Mt Palomar as a winery since 2010. We compared Mt Palomar with two other wineries we were interested in and found Mt Palomar exceeded all of our expectations. Lauren and Cassie were truly wonderful to work with. Their organization and guidance was exceptional and the attention paid to our needs was excellent. You will not regret booking your event with Mt Palomar.

Sent on 01/11/2015
  • Eric

Eric · Married on 07/12/2014

We love mt. Palomar!

My name is Eric and I own an entertainment company by the name of Extreme DJ Service. The Mt Palomar Winery is a preferred venue that we have had the privilege of working at for many years. If you are looking for a beautiful venue with a gorgeous view, great food & wine along with professional service… look no further, Palomar is the place. We highly recommend the venue and their staff.

Eric Morales
    Extreme DJ Service

Sent on 03/26/2020

Seriously, If I can give them 100/100 I would! My day was as magical and everything I had dreamed of!
    The location was ideal...the architecture...the views, the maintenance, extremely friendly staff, the food WAS AMAZING !!!

We had guests from Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Africa, Canada...you name it! Each and every guest enjoyed the location and took a million pictures back home.

We couldn't of asked for more!!! I am not the one to write reviews, but I would want every bride and groom to know that this is THE location in Temecula to have your wedding!!
    Trust me, I went to every winery in Temecula and fell in love with this place at first site.

Sent on 07/16/2014
  • O

Olivia · Married on 02/01/2014

Great place! Staff was very helpful and friendly. Easy to get in touch with coordinating staff and they were there to make the day go perfectly smooth.

Sent on 02/10/2014

amy · Married on 09/07/2013

My husband and I were married this past September at Mount Palomar Winery in Temecula, CA. We were later told by many of our guests that our wedding was the best wedding they have ever been to! I think the venue had a lot to do with that. We chose Mount Palomar Winery as a wedding venue since the ceremony and reception would both be outdoors and we wanted an atmosphere that was open and relaxing, yet elegant and classy.

Mount Palomar Winery has hands down the most charm out of all the wineries. The scenery is amazing. The area where the ceremony was held is on the highest peak and overlooks the entire Temecula valley. It is quite picturesque. There are also fountains, statues, wine barrels and grape vines that decorate the winery. September is also an ideal month since all the grapes are on the vines. We were even able to enjoy a beautiful sunset during our reception.

The wine and food were both awesome. My guests loved the wine, including my European in-laws who are less favorable to California wines since they tend to be too sweet for their taste. The rose is my personal favorite! The food was also complimentary paired to the wine (which we were able to sample and chose ourselves). We chose heavier dishes to go along with the wine, such as a mashed potato bar and prosciutto wrapped chicken in a buffet style arrangement. I was so happy that the food was good since wedding food can be hit or miss!

Finally, we went with Mount Palomar winery because we didn’t have to worry about a thing! The winery provided us with wine, food, tables, tablecloths, chairs flatware, candles, outdoor lighting, bride/groom suites to get ready in, waiters, bartenders, set up and break down, optional fireplaces, and Lauren (our own personal wedding coordinator). That was so important for us in choosing a venue since we really wanted to be able to enjoy our day without any worries or duties, which we did! It truly was a magical wedding.

Sent on 01/15/2014

Chantel · Married on 08/31/2013

When we first got engaged, I knew the only place I wanted to get married was Mount Palomar Winery. It was the best decision I could have made. I believe (but am probably biased) that it is the MOST gorgeous winery in all of Temecula. The views, the landscaping, the Mediterranean ambiance, the fountains, the vines, EVERYTHING is gorgeous! It is such a large and gorgeous property.

Louis, the winery owner is such a sweet and generous man. Lauren, the venue coordinator is professional, on top of everything she has to do and is well prepared. She helped me so much that I don't know what it would have been like without her. The staff and all the crew at Mount Palomar are professional and kind. Cassie, Lauren's assistant, is a dream come true. Everyone knows what to do, where to go and how to get things done. On the day of, I was so scatterbrained and elated with happiness that I had no idea how things looked or if things were where they are suppose to be. Lauren and her team did everything perfectly to the last minute. Being with a professional staff that knows what to do is the biggest biggest relief a bride can ask for.

Their wines are delicious and their caterer is kind and a great chef. I couldn't have asked for a better experience! Thank you Mount Palomar :)

Sent on 09/06/2013

Lauren · Married on 08/11/2013

Our big day was perfect! The venue is gorgeous, the food was delicious, and the venue's coordinator, Lauren, is amazing! Very detail oriented, quick to respond to emails, and overall, very on top of things! I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone!

Sent on 08/16/2013

Erich · Married on 07/21/2013

Lauren Shields was our wedding coordinator, and was outstanding! Our wedding in July was truly wonderful. It started to rain, and she was on top of everything. There were a lot of last minute changes due to the unexpected rain, and she managed them perfectly. She also worked effectively with all of my vendors. I can't imagine it having gone better in spite of the rain.

The Mount Palomar serving staff were excellent. They are professional, personable, and very helpful.

Mount Palomar Winery is a beautiful, rustic, and romantic venue. Any location on the site is naturally beautiful, so it isn't necessary to have a lot of flower arrangements. In fact, too many would detract from its natural charm.

The Mount Palomar wines are fantastic.

Food is catered by an outside vendor.

Erich and Julon Schulze

Sent on 04/05/2014

Joyce · Married on 03/30/2013

Everything about our experience at Mount Palomar was perfect- from our first visit through our actual wedding day! First, the venue itself is so beautiful- the views from the Bella Vista ceremony site were amazing and the barrel room reception was unique and elegant. There are a ton of wineries in Temecula, but Mount Palomar has some of the most breathtaking views! It was such a beautiful venue that we really didn't need any floral at all!

On top of that, Lauren and everybody on the staff were a pleasure to work with. They were always responsive to our questions and requests and worked hard to make the planning process easy and stress-free. Every time we visited the venue, we felt welcome and taken are of. Our actual wedding day went so smoothly due to all of the staff at Mount Palomar.

Finally, the wine and food were amazing! All of our guests loved the food and several loved the wine so much they bought bottles to take home. We also loved that we were given a membership to the wine club and were able to enjoy Mount Palomar wines throughout our wedding planning process!

There really aren't words enough to say how much we loved our experience at Mount Palomar. There were so many small touches about the venue and their treatment of us that made it such a treat. We are so grateful to have started our new life together at Mount Palomar and look forward to continued visits there!

Sent on 04/14/2013
  • User1620340 · 2+ years ago

This venue is beautiful! All our guests really enjoyed their time here.

Sent on 09/18/2012

Kellee · Married on 09/25/2011

From the minute my then fiance and I pulled up to Mount Palomar Winery to check it out as a potential site for our upcoming wedding, it felt like home. It made us feel warm, comfortable, and familar, which was exactly the way we wanted our wedding to be...beautiful scenary, gorgeous, romantic, yet very comfortable setting...just so perfect. And the staff were incredible! So warm and welcoming...I can't wait to go back again and again just to say hello and have a glass of their incredible wine! Thank you for making our wedding day so memorable and stress-free! I highly recommend this location and the staff to anyone who is planning a very special event.

Sent on 02/15/2012
  • Mikey

Mikey · Married on 09/12/2011

Before we were even engaged, we knew we wanted to be married at Mount Palomar. We'd been there before as part of a birthday winery tour, and its decor coupled with its scenery are unmatched by any other winery in town. When we first met with Anthony (whose official title is "Tasting Room Manager" but should be "Wedding Czar") we were saddened because the prices seemed out of our range. But Anthony worked with us and found ways to make this wedding happen. Unfortunately, Mount Palomar went through three or four wedding coordinators during the months we were planning our wedding, but Anthony never gave us cause for concern, and acted as our personal point man for our multitude of questions. When they finally found a wedding coordinator worth her salt, we found her to be well worth the wait. Her name is Danielle. She was somewhat new to the game, but her enthusiasm and her attention to detail blew us away. We had a few concerns regarding the timing and location of the appetizers, and she found the right solution in a heartbeat. Both her and Anthony were present the day of the wedding, and were rushing around with poised urgency to make sure everything went off without a hitch. And it did! We got so many compliments on our choice of venue; everyone was enchanted by the beautiful atmosphere. The food was delicious, the servers were upbeat and friendly as well as attentive, and the bartenders kept the wine flowing. We could not be happier with Mount Palomar, Anthony, Danielle, and all of the others who made our wedding day so special!

Sent on 09/30/2011
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 00/00/0000

Wonderful venue and service!

I would highly recommend Mount Palomar to anyone who wants to get married in wine country. The venue itself is absolutely gorgeous, and it is very reasonably priced. The Mount Palomar dtaff and Temecula Catering were all fantastic, and made our big day as easy and seamless as possible. We are had an absolutely fantastic experience from the moment we paid our deposit up until the end of our wedding night. Having Sandy there to answer questions and make sure everything went smoothly gave us so much peace of mind. Thank you Mount Palomar!

Sent on 10/21/2019