MotorCity Casino Hotel Reviews

MotorCity Casino Hotel 4
MotorCity Casino Hotel 5

Ally · Married on 10/07/2017

Everything I hoped for!

Jennifer and the team at Motorcity are top notch! So very easy to work with, very responsive to any questions or needs. The wedding package offered is quite inclusive, which took so much stress away. We did not have to look for or organize multiple vendors on our big day. Wedding food is not something I ever looked forward to, but the Chef and team prepared meals that our guests are still raving about! They even include your cake, and will design it however you want it. It was perfect, and the best cake I’ve ever had in my life. The view of the city is gorgeous, and unlike any other venue I’ve ever seen. It was just perfect.

From the viewing of the rooms, the tasting, the rehearsal, our ceremony AND reception... I can’t thank them enough. We came back to celebrate our 1 year anniversary and were still treated as if it was our wedding day. I keep pushing my friends to pick this venue, because I so desperately want to be a guest here! I miss it so much! Do yourself a favor and call Jennifer. You will not regret it!

Sent on 02/19/2019

stacey · Married on 08/18/2012

The Soundboard inside Motor City is a reception venue for the couple that wants to be different without trying too hard. The food is great and the service is top notch! The room rental is high, but was totally worth every penny!

Sent on 09/04/2012

Justin · Married on 07/07/2012

a first class operation top to bottom. impecable service. a lot of bang for your buck. every single detail was accounted for and the wedding went even better than expected. an incredible venue to have a wedding, with all sorts of little extras that will have people talking about your wedding forever. your own personal lighting show, a grande entrance where you raise up to a stage from the basement. it was incredible!

Sent on 07/09/2012

Sarah · event on 06/17/2011

I used Motor city for Both my daughters Sweet 16 Parties,. Dottie our even coordinator was amazing. The staff was outstanding the food delicious. I was completely satisfied. Both parties were a huge success thanks to the team here.

Sarah Bennett

Sent on 07/25/2012

Annette · Married on 12/01/2007

We were married in their presidential suite on the opening weekend of the hotel. The setting was gorgeous and thehotel went to a lot of trouble to make sure everything was perfect. The reception dinner and dancing was set up in a suite directly across the hall. Michael, the banquet manager was fantastic. The food was delicious and plentiful. The hotel made a cake based on a picture we gave them and it was very tasty and looked just like the picture. Irene was very helpful wth the planning, especially since I had to do everything long distance.

Sent on 06/06/2008

Annie · Married on 10/04/2013

3.0

For the most part, I was very pleased with this hotel. We stayed here on our wedding night, but that is the only thing I would use it for. I would not use it for the hotel for guests.

My husband and I are very layed back people but we had to wait for a LONG time for room service to come up. If our guests had to wait that long, I'm sure SOMEONE would have complained.

But other than that, the service was great. Everyone was friendly and the place was VERY clean and very chic. Just what I was looking for on a wedding night. We even got upgraded to a massive suite that had another room, a huge bathtub/shower and it's own kitchen. I will absolutley come back.

Sent on 12/16/2014
  • Ambyr

Ambyr · Married on 06/11/2011

2.8
      2.5
      3.5
      2.0
      2.5

Motor City is a gorgeous hotel. Everything is updated and modern. All my guests raved about how nice the rooms were. The premier suite we stayed in was one of the nicest rooms I’ve ever stayed in. It was HUGE and had every thing for the perfect 2 day home away from home. Unfortunately – their service needs A LOT of work. We had a ton of problems while we were there. I had to check in twice the day before the wedding because I requested an early check-in so I arrived at 2 – I was told it would be ready in a half hour but when I arrived at 4:30 (1.5 hours after check-in time) – it STILL wasn’t ready and they lost my initial reservation – so they upgraded us to a premier suite – however – I was 30 minutes late for our rehearsal (and pissy) because of it. We had gift bags taken to all of our guests.. but our guests also received and invitation to another couple’s wedding and brunch tickets for their Sunday brunch. One of my out-of-town guests ended up at the other venue because of it. Needless to say – it caused A LOT of confusion. They were supposed to clean our room while we were at the wedding – they didn’t and when we returned I had to request towels at 3 am because my bridesmaids and I had used most of them getting ready earlier in the day. The day of check out they sent an incorrect bill with extra rooms on it. So – there were just so many annoying little issues that made the stay pretty exhausting. I filled out a survey at their request and at least 3 managers have contacted me to remind me (as if I can’t recall) that we were upgraded. However, most of the craziness happened AFTER we were upgraded. tsk tsk – Note to managers: never ask guests for feedback and then make excuses for poor service. One bride to another – steer clear!

Sent on 07/27/2011