Mote Marine Laboratory & Aquarium Reviews

42 Reviews for Mote Marine Laboratory & Aquarium

• Lynn

Lynn Elkes · Getting married on 01/10/2021

Out of the Blue Event

Chaired Out of the Blue Fundraiser for NAMI. Mote was a great venue! Accommodating in every way. The Band had space to expand, people danced comfortably on the dance floor. The caterer, Simply Gourmet was outstanding and also had great space to set up the buffet. Guests enjoyed the sea life exhibits, which was an added plus. I highly recommend Mote Marine. Wonderful Staff to with. And while our Florida temperatures are hot, we had a great Gulf Breeze pass though in the evening which made the covered area feel air conditioned. Phone calls, emails and FB posts keep arriving to say how wonderful our event was. Beautiful venue for any type of Party or Reception! Thank you again Mote for helping us create a Spectacular Event!

Sent on 10/25/2019

Mote Marine Laboratory & Aquarium's reply:

Lynn, it was our pleasure to host such a great event for an important cause. Your team of volunteers was amazing! So thrilled you were pleased with the event.
  • Kayson

Kayson Mune-Ath · Getting married on 06/24/2020

It was a great and amazing experience

It was great and beautiful scenery and would recommend it to others.

Sent on 11/14/2019

Mote Marine Laboratory & Aquarium's reply:

Thank you Kayson! Wishing you both nothing but the best in 2020 and beyond! Thank you for choosing Mote for your special day!~

Meg Cannistra · Married on 02/29/2020

Unique, gorgeous wedding venue

Mote has been a special place for us for a number of years, so we were ecstatic after seeing some of the wedding pictures posted. Mote is accommodating, extremely inexpensive, and provides a gorgeous, unique wedding experience. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

Sent on 04/13/2020

Caroline Templeton · Married on 02/15/2020

Mote was a fantastic venue

Mote Marine Laboratory and Aquarium was the perfect place for our February wedding. It was just a touch different but still just as magical as you want your wedding location to be. Our guests all commented on how fun and cool it was to attend a wedding at an aquarium (A first for most). The Mote staff was attentive and helpful, making sure the day went off smoothly. We held our ceremony at the chickee hut, and while the weather was beautiful and sunny, the atmosphere provided by the lush greenery and water of Sarasota Bay made it feel like we were in a private oasis. Cocktail hour in the aquarium was so much fun. Everyone enjoyed chatting and checking out the exhibits. The layout of the space meant that there was plenty of room and lots to check out. Our reception in the courtyard was beautiful. I think the hardest part about the courtyard is imagining how that large open space could feel beautiful and intimate for just 100 people. But it was! There was plenty of room but it never felt empty. While our decorations were minimal, we just added string lights above, everything came together for a romantic beachy/ocean feeling wedding. I highly recommend having your wedding at mote. Not only a great location but a great place to support as well.

Sent on 04/04/2020

Mote Marine Laboratory & Aquarium's reply:

Caroline and Kevin, thank you for trusting Mote with such a special day. Hopefully other couples will have a better idea about what Mote has to offer by reading your experience. We wish you the absolute best!~
  • Jordan

Jordan · Married on 02/08/2020

Wonderful Wedding-Courtyard Shark Tank

Allison, Michal and team were very nice in helping us have a memorable wedding in front of the shark tank. Our guests loved being able to touch and look at the marine life. The volunteers were kind and informative. Great experience. Also made for awesome pictures.

Sent on 03/09/2020

Mote Marine Laboratory & Aquarium's reply:

Jordan, thank you for the lovely review! I am so glad you had a positive experience, and can't wait to see your photos. Best wishes to you both!
  • Bob

Bob Tyrrell · Married on 11/30/2019

The Chickee Hut

The staff was awesome they responded to us and helped us through the process for our big day. The caterer was amazing.

Sent on 12/13/2019

Mote Marine Laboratory & Aquarium's reply:

Thank you Bob for the beautiful photo and kind review. We want to thank you for selecting Mote. Best wishes to you both!~
  • Nancy

Nancy Nelson · Married on 09/11/2019

Nelson/Gravina Wedding

Our daughter got married in the aquarium courtyard on 11/9/19. It was nothing short of spectacular! The ambience of Mote at night is so unique and set the stage for a fantastic event. Allison and her assistant Michael ensured that the space was perfect and all our wishes came true! It was just dreamy! Thank you Allison and Michael!

Sent on 11/23/2019

Mote Marine Laboratory & Aquarium's reply:

Nancy...thank you so much for the wonderful review and the very sweet thank you note. It was a pleasure working with you and your family and we are thrilled that you were happy with everything. Please come back and visit soon!
  • Christine

Christine Mclaughlin · Married on 08/03/2019

Unique and Fun

If you are looking for a fun and unique wedding venue,Mote, is the way to go! We had the wedding and reception in the Aquarium and Courtyard and it was simply AMAZING! The staff went out of their way to make sure we had a perfect wedding! We got married in front of the shark tank and all of our guests LOVED being able to use the touch tanks!

Sent on 10/15/2019

Mote Marine Laboratory & Aquarium's reply:

Christine, thank you so much for the lovely review and for sharing photos from your special day. Hearing you had a "perfect wedding" makes my day!
  • Andi

Andi Evers · Married on 05/10/2019

Beautiful, unique, unforgettable

Having our wedding at the Mote was the best decision we could have made! Everything was absolutely perfect. We had our cocktail hour in the aquarium so guests could check out the different exhibits, and the reception was in the courtyard and it looked absolutely stunning! We received so many compliments on our venue and all of our guests raved about how wonderful everything was. There were interactive "touch tanks" open during the whole reception which was really neat for the guests to be able to check out, especially the little ones. We also felt great that we were contributing to a good cause by paying for our reception to be there. The Mote does so many wonderful things for the community, we were more than happy to have it there! Now my husband and I cannot wait to go back to the Mote to go through the aquarium and reminisicne on the best day of our lives!

Sent on 10/15/2019

Mote Marine Laboratory & Aquarium's reply:

Andi, what a terrific review!!! Thank you so much for trusting Mote for your very special day and come back to visit us soon!

Ann · Married on 03/23/2019

Beautiful Location

This venue was a perfect choice! Allison was extremely helpful and provided great guidance for the ceremony/reception. My decorations were minimal because - shark tank. All of the guest enjoyed walking the aquarium and talking to the volunteers at the touch tanks during the cocktail hour. There were excellent photo opportunities by the water and in the hut. I would choose this location all over again!

Sent on 04/01/2019

Mote Marine Laboratory & Aquarium's reply:

Thank you so much Ann! Loved what some of your groomsmen did to decorate for the ceremony and had an absolute blast being there night of! I could tell everyone had a great time and it was so much fun escorting everyone on the golf cart :) Congratulations and thanks again for sharing your special day with us!

Sherice Horton · Married on 03/16/2019

Wonderful Wedding Reception site!

Mote was the perfect venue for my daughter’s wedding reception. It is an interesting and large venue. We had the cocktail hour in the indoor display area and the dinner/dancing in the courtyard. The shark tank and sting ray touch tank were big draws for the kids, and the tanks are lighted and looked beautiful at night. They even provide volunteers for the evening to interact and help guests that want to explore the many displays. The courtyard is large and easily accommodated 19 guest tables, a two-station buffet, gift table, cake table and selfie-stand table while still leaving plenty of room for dancing. As a fun detail – the DJ was stationed at the top of the shark tank, overlooking the main floor. It made for an amazing evening!

We worked with Christina the night of the event, and Allison to make the reservation and initial plans. Both of them were extremely helpful and I feel they understood what my daughter’s vision was for her wedding reception. As an extra bonus, bridal photographs were taken on site at the Chickee Hut and looked amazing. I highly recommend Mote!

Sent on 03/27/2019

Mote Marine Laboratory & Aquarium's reply:

It was our pleasure! Thank you so much for allowing us to host your daughter's special day. Best wishes to all of you!

Emily · Married on 03/03/2019

Shkrab Wedding 12.30.18

I honestly do not have enough wonderful things to say about Allison. She is absolutely one of the nicest people I have ever met. I was in no way an easy bride. I had 5 million questions, constantly second guesses every decision I made, and changed decisions a hundred times. Allison never batted an eyelash. She was always ready to answer all my questions to the best of her ability, was patient with my constant changes and always ensured me I was on the right road with my planning which definitely helped my stress level.

Beyond Allison's amazing service... the video is just stunning. Our ceremony was in the New Pass Room, Cocktails in the Aquarium, and Reception on the Courtyard. We did family pictures by the water at the New Pass. Immediate family pictures at Chiki Hut and Our First Look as well as Bridal Party Pictutes on the back pier. Having full access to the grounds was amazing. There are so many gorgeous settings in and around Mote Marine that we got to take advantage of.

As for my wedding day Mote staff was unbelievably wonderful. Security guard was at our fingertips. He was incredibly kind. He immediately opened all the doors we needed open and he responded very quickly to our needs (such as extra chairs). Allison's co-worker (I forgot her name, but she was also wonderful. We just only worked with her on our wedding day) was great! Any question or concern I had during the getting ready part she was there and ready to help. Allison on our wedding day again was just beyond wonderful. She carted me around to every location I needed to be at any given time. She was also constantly available to cart of wedding guests who were unable to walk far distances. The volunteers were great as well! I did not personally get to meet any of them, but there were a constant presence ready to help educate people and answer questions. Having 10 plus children at our wedding made that fact perfect.

Not to mention how many people have sharks swimming in a tank behind their wedding cake?!

Amazing Venue. Great price. Phenomenal staff. I had zero issues at any point during my planning process or wedding.

Sent on 01/17/2019

Mote Marine Laboratory & Aquarium's reply:

Emily...what an incredibly kind review. THANK YOU!!! I am absolutely thrilled that you were happy with your special day and can't wait to see all of the photos! Christina and I wish you, Nathan, and Jayden nothing but the best. Come back and visit us soon!
  • Hanne

Hanne Blank · Married on 01/05/2019

Sea-loped at the Mote!

We “sea-loped” at the Mote Marine Laboratory and Aquarium, with just two friends (one of whom was our officiant) and my parents. We got married in front of a tank full of happy smiling (really!) bonnethead sharks and it was *perfect*. Afterward we had the whole aquarium to ourselves for a while — what a treat! The Mote was helpful and so easy to work with. We all had a fantastic time, the wedding was so much fun, and I’m so glad we did it exactly the way we did.

Sent on 01/09/2019

Gabriela Chichande · Married on 12/21/2018

Great venue and staff!!

Our wedding was wonderful and lovely!! Everything was great !! We enjoyed everything and all our guests had a great time!!

Sent on 12/29/2018

Mote Marine Laboratory & Aquarium's reply:

Thank you so much!! We loved having you here. You were a lovely bride and everything turned out amazing! Congratulations and all the best to you both!
  • Kathleen

Kathleen Schneider · Married on 12/08/2018

Exceptional venue with a spectacular view!

Our wedding day at Mote Marine Laboratory and Aquarium in the Keating Building was pure paradise!!!! Not only is the location gorgeous, the staff was exceptional in making sure our day ran smoothly and exceeding our expectations! We also hired the chef from the Deep Sea Diner, which is located in the aquarium, and the food was delicious and beautiful! I can't say enough how happy that our vision for our day was met with professionalism and perfection!

Sent on 01/02/2019

Paul · Married on 10/13/2018

Such a great spot for our Friday welcome dinner

We used Mote's Chickee Hut for our Friday welcome dinner and it was absolutely perfect. Allison was a joy to work with and even kept in touch with us when some weather threatened our event. Would highly recommend this unique but magical spot for your event as well.

Sent on 10/17/2018
  • Yuliza

Yuliza · Married on 09/08/2018

Mr. & Mrs. Kolb Wedding

We had our wedding at the Chikki hut and it was AMAZING!!! The price was super affordable and our family had such a great time! Christina was phenomenal! She took is to the best spots to take beautiful pictures! We also went with John from the Deep Sea Diner for catering services, also amazing! The overall experience was the wedding of our dreams! Definitely recommend!!

Sent on 03/22/2019

Mote Marine Laboratory & Aquarium's reply:

You are a doll!!!! Certainly one of the couples I will never forget! It was a treat to be able to make it extra special for you and I wish you all the best together!!!

stephanie · Married on 04/07/2018

Allison is a joy to work with. She was on top of everything from day one and made my job as the bride easy. Any question any accommodation was easily handled. We choose to have the ceremony at the shark tank and a cocktail reception in the aquarium. We headed over to the New Pass room for the dinner reception. The New Pass room had just been renovated and completed the week before our wedding. The room was even more then I could have hoped for. All of our guests commented on choosing this venue. We wanted something different but elegant. Mote pulled it off easily. The view is spectacular. Sadly it was raining at the time the reception started so we did not get those spectacular sunset pictures on the balcony. The view was still breathtaking especially with the city lit up at night. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone!

Sent on 04/17/2018

Jennifer · Married on 03/31/2018

I absolutely loved having my wedding reception at Mote. My guests were constantly talking about it saying how good of a venue it was. Allison at Mote was awesome to work with, communicating and doing site visits were super easy to plan with her. Allison was present through the reception and even helped out a few times. The professional photos we had taken at Mote exceeded our expectations, I would recommend this venue to anyone considering it!

Sent on 04/26/2018

Becky · Married on 02/09/2018

We had our son's welcome party for 90 guests at the Chickee Hut and can't say enough about how special this venue is. I was worried about making all the arrangements long distance, but Allison handled everything beautifully from day 1. Once I saw the Chickee and worked with one of their preferred catering vendors, I knew all would be fine. It's a beautiful place and all the out-of-town guests were so amazed that "I" found this place! Keep up the great work Allison and thanks for making our night so special!

Sent on 02/17/2018

Megan · Married on 02/02/2018

Mote Marine was an absolute dream. Allison and her volunteers were so great to work with. It was exactly what I was looking for in a venue. Great price, and has everything you need. Total “wow” factor. All I can say is all of our guests had a great time, and they always mention how awesome Mote is as a venue. I would 100% do it all over again!

Sent on 03/02/2018

Carli · Married on 11/18/2017

We had our wedding on November 18th at the Chickee Hut at Mote. MANY of our guests termed the Chickee Hut, “a hidden gem.” My husband and I fell in love with the spot the very first time we saw it. Even still, we were in awe at the transformation that day. It was BEAUTIFUL. We knew we wanted a tropical, very intimate wedding and the Chickee was perfect for us. Everything turned out absolutely perfect; I would not have changed a thing.

Allison Whitten was wonderful throughout the entire process! We booked almost exactly a year out, and she was there to answer my many questions along the way. She was absolutely wonderful!

Sent on 11/29/2017

Rob · Married on 10/22/2017

We had our wedding and reception at Mote recently. We were already interested because of the unique setting and the excellent price for what you get, and the fact that your costs go to help the organization!

Our night went very well, with only a few minor hiccups anyone would expect of an event with 150 people at it. Guests were blown away by the ability to check out the aquarium, the fact that we got married in front of a display, and the amount of space for people to dance and move around (we had everything in the Courtyard). We were able to take photos elsewhere on the property since there were no other events that evening, and everyone had a marvelous time.

If you'd like your wedding to happen in a unique, unforgettable location that you and your guests will be raving about- if you want true professionals to make sure your day runs smoothly- and if you want it at a price you won't find anywhere else in the area, I can't recommend Mote highly enough!

Sent on 10/27/2017

Mote Marine Laboratory & Aquarium's reply:

Congratulations to you and Robin! May your happiness grow every day!~
  • W

Whitney · Married on 10/21/2017

My husband and I are annual pass holders to Mote, and when I found out you could get married here I cancelled my reservations at our other venue and booked ASAP. The price was so affordable, especially for the fact that you and your guests get to enjoy the aquarium and use the touch tank! Allison was a wonderful event coordinator; she was easy to reach, easy to schedule time with, and was always helpful with our many questions. She did a wonderful job of helping everything pull together! We had our ceremony at the Chickee Hut, which is absolutely beautiful with it’s lush scenery and it’s right by the water so you have aquatic ambiance to set the mood. Our reception was in the courtyard and it couldn’t have turned out more beautiful. We also had our sweetheart table in front of the shark zone; I highly recommend that! The money goes to a great cause, and if you want a fun wedding Mote is the place to go. I wam ups give them 10 stars if I could.

Sent on 10/28/2017

Mote Marine Laboratory & Aquarium's reply:

Whitney, we are so glad you and Jon had a good experience at Mote. Much love to you both!~

Janet · Married on 05/13/2017

My husband and I hosted a rehearsal dinner for our son's wedding in the Courtyard of the Mote Aquarium. The staff was friendly, accessible, and extremely helpful throughout the process of planning our evening. Our guests of all ages from the very young to the elderly, and everyone in between, loved the unique setting. Not only was the setting comfortable, spacious, and beautiful, our guests enjoyed the ability to be able to walk around while visiting. They enjoyed mingling with the sea life in the exhibits and were impressed with the friendly and knowable staff. All of our requests and needs were met. They even offered a secure overnight parking option for guests, if they preferred not to drive at the end of the evening. I would highly recommend this venue for this type of event.

Sent on 06/02/2017