27 Reviews for Mostly Becky Weddings & Events

Partial Planning (1)
Timelines (1)
To-Do Lists (1)
26 Mostly Becky Weddings & Events Reviews

I loved working with Becky this past year. She is amazing in every way. Becky handles everything with positivity and grace. She accepts any challenge and conquers it. Becky went above and beyond, not only for me but for the whole family. She was always there for us answering questions, calming us down and helping us figure out what to do. It was even raining the whole week of my wedding day including the night of our rehearsal and the morning of the wedding. Becky and her team were drenched but were determined to not let the weather stop them. She had made us back up plans just in case but by 4:30pm on Saturday May 19, 2018 the weather finally cleared and we were able to do the entire wedding as originally planned. I actually think it went even better than we anticipated. With the clouds still in the sky but a cool breeze everyone was able to be comfortable and get incredible pictures. Becky was so on top of things if there was anything that was going slightly wrong it was immediately fixed before I even knew about it (let’s say we had a bridesmaid down situation �). I didn’t have to worry about anything and I was able to focus on the day, spending time with friends and family and enjoying my now Husband. Becky we thank you from the bottom of our hearts and look forward to seeing your future work as you continue building your incredible business. Thank you for making all the brides feel special, grooms feel relaxed and dealing with everything in between. We love you �

#Vawedding #rvawedding #wedding

-Chantel and Jake Crocker

Profile Picture Chantel, 10/20/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Ceremony, Reception

Mostly Becky is the reason why our wedding day was spectacular! The amount of attention Becky dedicated to every detail of our wedding saved me a lot of stress, and worry. She really has a gift in organization and event coordinating.

Photo
Profile Picture Camille, 1/6/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Extremely professional, but also extremely friendly. Would recommend to all of my friends. They were so supportive to not only us two, but to our families and friends. Thanks for an amazing day!

Profile Picture Ryan, 7/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

It was so great having Becky as our wedding day coordinator. Our wedding was at a private venue without any previous set up, so she helped us coordinate parking, the seating arrangement, and even he ceremony itself. She and her 2 assistants were very professional and made the day incredibly smooth! We didn't have to worry about a thing the whole day!

Profile Picture Liz , 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Becky was very easy to work with and responded to our needs with both patience and a strong sense of urgency. We were confident on our wedding day that she was on top of everything! We were grateful to have her and enjoyed working with her!

Chrissy & Joe

Profile Picture Chrissy, 8/22/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

If you are getting married and think you don't need a wedding planner, I must tell you, you are wrong!! We hired Becky later on in our planning process, but even then it was the smartest wedding planning decision I made (along with having our wedding at the Downtown Marriott). No matter how much we planned and organized, there were areas we missed! Becky picked up all our missing pieces and made sure everything post-wedding was taken care of without having to ask myself or my parents! This was huge for us, as I wanted my day to be stress free, not only for my groom and I, but for our close family and friends. I've been to too many weddings where wedding planning, decorating, and organizing are all left to close family and friends. Becky made sure the smallest of details were covered without constantly needing input from our family. Her experience and knowledge in all things wedding ranks above anyone in the Des Moines area!

Profile Picture Kelsey, 8/8/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Becky is one of my dearest friends! I asked her to be a bridesmaid and she was so much more than that!! She jumped right in and went right into full planner mode when I needed her in an unforeseen circumstance. Everything turned out more beautiful than I could've imagined it! She saw my vision and ran with it in less than a 24 hour notice! Girls with upcoming weddings--you NEED Becky!

Profile Picture Casey, 3/14/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Becky was amazing to say the least! I had an outdoor wedding in Florida, and of course it poured. my reception area was a diaster but Becky and her team made it happen! It looked beyond perfect... So perfect I didn't even know that everything was knocked down or that things had broken till after the wedding that the photographer shared that with me! I love Becky and her team so much, not only are they professional but they go above and beyond in all areas and really strive to make your day perfect!

Profile Picture Niza, 3/1/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

There is nothing better for the Mother of the Bride than knowing that Becky Thomas will oversee all of the details that your daughter and her soon-to-be husband have put in place for their special day!

Becky and her associates, Elizabeth and Heather, were a godsend! They assisted us during our daughter's December 27th wedding -- yep that's 2 days after Christmas -- where more than two-thirds of the 300+ guests traveled to attend the celebration. Becky is very organized, has a keen eye for detail, and sense of urgency to pull off a large event.

Mostly Becky Wedding & Events provided the ideal experience for the bridal couple, their guests and both sets of parents as she executed the bride and groom's vision and navigated all the events of the day so that we were free to enjoy the wedding.

Profile Picture Gail, 12/27/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I've known Becky for 5 years now and have had the pleasure of seeing her in total event planning mode. (I once worked at a venue where she coordinated numerous weddings and events) With that said, I didn't want one of my best friends to feel like they were working at my wedding, so my husband and I planned our own very small and simple wedding celebration. On the morning of our ceremony I felt myself feeling like "I have so much to do! Now I see why people have a Maid of Honor and wedding party, etc.!" Lucky for me, Becky texted me first thing in the morning asking if I needed any help. A few minutes later, she showed up at my ceremony site with a fresh cup of coffee for me and a smile on her face. (after travelling into the wee hours the night before) There was a bare lightbulb exposed right above where we were planning to exchange vows. She took one look and said, "come with me". She opened up the back of her car and asked if I liked anything I saw. Lace, vintage fabric, charger plates, unique decor, more lace-it was awesome! We grabbed a handful of goodies and got to work adding to my sparse decor. Then Becky escorted me back to the resort so that I could get ready. She stopped along the way to make sure I ate some lunch. Another friend did my hair and when Becky saw it, she said "I know Mel, and I can tell that she isn't completely satisfied with her hair". She then pulled out a bag of her own that was full of every kind of hair device, dry shampoo, hairspray, bobby pins, you name it-she had it. I trust her, so we turned my hair over to her and in just a few minutes she salvaged my hair and I felt beautiful! Then as I was walking up the aisle, I didn't see an ugly lightbulb anymore. I saw a lovely piece of lace draped over the light creating a nice backdrop for our ceremony. I am so thankful that Becky was there to support me and help fine tune the details on the day of. My wedding was perfect.

Profile Picture User4470250, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Lighting & Decor

Becky was awesome to work with!! She was so helpful when planning and always knew exactly what we needed to do! She has so many ideas and is SUPER organized... which for an person with OCD (me) that was key! Also, I HATE late people and she was even better than on time, she would be early! She was always on top of things and didn't mind my excessive emailing :) The day of the wedding I had no idea of the tiny little things that would happen off schedule because she would handle them - no problem! She took the leader roll at our rehearsal and at the actual ceremony which we needed! We had a big wedding party that needed to be controlled! HIGHLY recommend!

Profile Picture Emily, 9/13/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Planning a wedding is hard work. I honestly don't think our wedding day would have turned out at all if it had not been for Becky. She was there through the planning process, making sure no details were left undone. When it came time for the big day she went over and above to make sure everything looked perfect and went smoothly. I was stunned with how beautiful everything looked, and I owe much of my thanks to Becky! She is so great at what she does and handles everything in a professional manner. I wish there was a rewind button on life so we could go back and experience our beautiful day again!

Profile Picture Wendi, 8/2/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Can I say INCREDIBLE! Seriously, if you are debating on whether or not a wedding planner is worth it, Becky IS! I never understood the value of a planner until I lived the wedding process. Becky handled everything from decorations to making sure all my vendors had what they needed to making sure I was relaxed. She is truly a gift and rare. I could go on and on about how truly amazing and talented she is but if you are reading this, please contact her. You will NOT regret it.

Profile Picture Madelyn, 1/4/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Becky was awesome to work with. Felt like I was working with a friend rather than a vendor!!

Profile Picture Amy, 10/8/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I could not have had a better wedding day! Mostly Becky wedding and events went above and beyond to make our day extra special and stress free! What a HUGE blessing!!
5 star recommendation !!!

Profile Picture Rachel , 8/31/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Becky did an awesome job! She provided good advice throughout the planning and soon we came to rely on her "suggestions" for our decisions. She was also very open and enthusiastic about our own planning ideas in order to add personal touchs and keep our event from feeling like a cookie cutter affair. On the day, she offered a laid back approach that made for a flawless operation. Please don't imply this means inattentive, anything but was the case. It was more of a behind-the-scenes style where things fell into place without us needing to worry or check-in or get constant reassurance. It takes some faith to let such a big moment in your life fall in the hands of another but we were in good hands and had an easy time taking that leap of faith because of Becky.

Profile Picture Andy, 10/27/12, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We could not have had the wedding we had without Becky!! Our wedding went on without a hitch, it was truly more then we imagined it could be!! Becky made the entire day go so smoothly, never once did we worry. She did an amazing job at taking our ideas and vision and turning it into reality. -Amie and Joel Sheets

Profile Picture Amie, 9/8/12, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We got married at Lutsen Resort on Lake Superior where Becky was working as the event planner. Leading up to the day, Becky was always very responsive and receptive to all of our questions. Everything was well organized, and we understood exactly what was to be expected during our entire wedding weekend. Becky did an outstanding job executing all the little details on our wedding day, all with a genuine smile and calm demeanor. We are thrilled to learn she's venturing out on her own to create her wedding planning business. We would highly recommend Becky for any event you have planned!

Profile Picture User3705539, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Our wedding practice and wedding ceremony felt stress free. This would not have been the case with out Becky. All that we had to do was provide her with our totes of wedding décor and she sat down with us and made sure she would have every thing just right. My husband and I showed up to the practice and everything went smoothly. I felt that we could do the same with our ceremony. She had all the flowers, photos, orders of service, menus, unity ceremony supplies and other décor set out perfectly. What stands out most to me is that we ended up not having a bouquet for me to toss. (I'm not sure if this was poor planning on my part or if the florist forgot) When someone from our bridal party went to inquire with Becky about the bouquet she quickly found some fresh flowers and ribbon and whipped one together. The bouquet toss and party continued!

Profile Picture Laura, 8/13/11, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Becky planned our wedding basically all via email/phone, as we lived out of state. Everything went smoothly and was just what we wanted. She was great with working with our requests and was fun to work with!

Profile Picture User3694814, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Becky was wonderful to work with while planning our June 2011 wedding! We appreciated the timely follow-up on our many questions, and attention to detail on our day. It was a stress-free experience knowing that we could truly enjoy each other and our guests at our wedding, and not have to worry about all the other details. Everything was taken care of and beautiful! Thank you! Nikki & Bryan

Profile Picture Nikki, 6/24/11, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I cannot say enough great things about Becky as a wedding planner. My emails were answered promptly and our weekend was fantastic - all thanks to the calm and professional demeanor of Becky. Our outdoor wedding we had our hearts set on didn't happen due to an impending storm, but Becky smoothly moved the entire ceremony indoors without being frazzled at all - exactly what a bride needs on that chaotic day!!

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/21/11, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Becky was a pleasure to work with. She made suggestions based on her experience which made our event run more smoothly. She responded to every request with a quote even when it was off the wall such as how much would it cost to have jello shots for everyone versus a champagne toast? (We did not do that, but Becky entertained our ideas.) Becky suggested a method for determining how much alcohol to purchase for the event, timing for cocktail hours, amounts for food midway through the reception, traffic flow and keeping the guests together. I recommend her services to have a fun, worry free, speed bump free event.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 10/27/12, 1 Review
4.7

I couldn't imagine not having Elizabeth to help us plan out details and give advice we didn't even think of! The day of went so smooth and I didn't have to worry a bit about timing or finding people. Seriously made my wedding one of the best days of my life!

Profile Picture Johanna, 7/22/17, 2 Reviews