Moraine Farm Reviews

Moraine Farm 5
Moraine Farm 6
Moraine Farm 7

Megan · Married on 10/20/2018

Perfect. The venue is beautiful, the food delicious and the staff takes care of everything which leaves you free to enjoy yourself.

My daughter had her wedding reception at Moraine Farm on October 20th and it was amazing. Working with Amy Hudon and the staff there was wonderful. They took care of everything and we did not have to worry about a thing. The food was delicious and all our guests raved about how beautiful the venue was. I would highly recommend having your wedding here!
    Kathy Siebert

Moraine Farm 8
    Moraine Farm 9
    Moraine Farm 10
    Moraine Farm 11
  • Joan

Joan Glaser · Married on 09/16/2018

Go with Amy

I don’t know where to begin to describe Amy. After my first daughter got married at Moraine with Amy as the coordinator, we went right back for my second daughters wedding. Amy knows her job so well and delivers on everything. She is all anyone could ask for when it comes to planning a wedding - knowledgeable, professional, responsive, etc etc.
    Amy has one particular skill that I want to mention. She has a way of decreasing, and even removing stress. Whenever we had those moments of feeling overwhelmed or worried, we would talk to Amy and within minutes——all was good and we were calm. In my opinion this is Amy’s greatest strength. Another point to stress is that we had many many guests rave about their meal. Very high quality food cooked to perfection. Over the top delicious.

Katherine Schiavoni · Married on 09/15/2018

Exceptional

We had an excellent experience with our early fall wedding at Moraine Farm. Amy H. in particular is an absolute rockstar. We worked with her to plan our wedding for about 1 year. She was professional, responsive, attentive to detail, and delivered on making everything happen perfectly on the big day. We had an Indian ceremony on site with an American style cocktail hour on the patio and reception in the tent. It was a long day with lots of people and lots of details, and Amy made everything happen. She was super flexible and we are so grateful for her help making the day a success. The facilities at Moraine Farm were beautiful. The house is well kept and the patio had a great view over the lake. The sail tent with the floor worked well and the bistro lights looked great. The food was perfectly cooked, even some very picky relatives are still giving us compliments. Everyone we worked with there was super helpful and professional. Would highly recommend to anyone.

Alison · Married on 08/04/2018

LOVED our wedding at Moraine!

We had the BEST wedding at Moraine, all thumbs up!!! Amy couldn't have been more wonderful to work with - so much fun, so sweet, and so open to really bringing our ideas to life! The venue was gorgeous - the views of the lake are amazing, the gardens were perfect for our first look, and the tent looked incredible all lit up. And all of the food was awesome, we got so many compliments! We even had some last minute trickiness around potential weather issues, and Amy and her team were SO on top of it, super flexible working things out, so we knew we didn't have to worry about a thing. Highly recommend Amy & co. at Moraine!!

Rishav · Married on 07/08/2018

We were thrilled to have our wedding at Moraine Farm. We worked with Amy H. over the course of about a year to help plan our big day.

Our wedding was a bit non-traditional as it incorporated both an Indian-style ceremony with an American-style reception. This led to a ton of extra details that had to be managed (e.g., a white horse, multiple areas for music), and Amy handled them all with grace!

Every detail that we had requested was handled by Amy. She helped keep us on time/schedule, and the staff was very attentive to us and the bridal party when we had other things to take care of.

We received a ton of compliments on the food - and we loved it as well!

We can't recommend them highly enough.

Moraine Farm 12
  • Lindsey

Lindsey Dattoli Kitchens · Married on 06/30/2018

Moraine Farm

Venue was spectacular and service was great. Food absolutely delicious. Amy Hudon was our contact and she was phenomenal; very responsive and a pleasure to work with. Definitely a 10 out of 10 in our book!

Lisa · Married on 06/23/2018

My daughter had her wedding at the Estate at Moraine Farm in June, and we couldn’t have been happier with the venue and working with Amy Hudon, the Director of Sales and Events. The venue is beautiful. We had our ceremony on the lawn followed by the reception in the tent. The sail cloth tent is superior; beautiful from the outside and lovely and roomy on the inside. It has a complete wood floor which makes it really nice to not be walking on grass all night. Our night had threatened rain and was cool so the sides had to be down; but it didn’t matter; the party was going strong inside. Moraine put up the marquis at the tent entrance because of the weather, and it actually looked like a pretty addition to the tent. The Estate house serves as the perfect setting for guests arriving and for the cocktail hour; it is rustic and has great space inside and out. The Bride’s room is attractive and comfortable, and did double duty for us as a place for final getting ready touches, and afterwards as a kids’ room with babysitters for the kids in our wedding party. Fireside Catering is the exclusive caterer for Moraine, and the food was excellent. The staff that night was numerous and very attentive to everyone’s needs; they even corralled my daughter and reminded her to eat her dinner when it was served. The linchpin to the entire success of the day and the many months leading up to it was working with Amy Hudon. She was wonderful to work with; responsive, calm, flexible and just a really nice person. We met with her multiple times and she was always willing to meet or email/call with all of the people we had involved in the planning; the bride, mom and (very detailed) dad and our wedding planner as well as our other vendors. We loved working with her, and would absolutely recommend the Estate at Moraine Farm.

• Abby

Abby Harrington · Married on 06/10/2018

Beyond expectations

I don’t know where to begin! From Miss to Mrs. this was by far the most amazing venue and the staff surpassed that! I can’t say enough about Amy and her team. No detail was missed! Our wedding day was literally the best day of our lives, other than our daughter being born! Thank you Amy from the bottom of our hearts for making our day the most spectacular.

Moraine Farm 13
    Moraine Farm 14
    Moraine Farm 15
    Moraine Farm 16
    Moraine Farm 17
    Moraine Farm 18
    Moraine Farm 19

Camille · Married on 06/09/2018

We were married at Moraine Farm in June 2018 and had the most wonderful day. The grounds were absolutely beautiful and well-maintained. The staff at Moraine and Fireside Catering are extremely professional, organized and polite. Amy Hudon, the director and our wedding day coordinator, was amazing. She helped execute our wedding day in a timely, thoughtful and calm fashion (which involves corraling family members, vendors and managing lots of moving parts!) and was always responsive, personable and kind. Moraine Farm also assigns a specific wedding attendant to the bride and groom on the wedding day (ours was Lord, who was lovely), who made sure we always had a beverage, access to food and even brought over multiple slices of our wedding cake to make sure we tried some. We felt very taken care of, and once the day started, we did not have to worry about a single thing! Thank you Moraine Farm/Amy/Fireside Catering for helping to make our day so special!

Brooke · Married on 07/01/2017

My husband and I married at Moraine Farm on July 1st and couldn't have asked for a more perfect wedding! Amy and her team were absolutely AMAZING! We were living in Africa for our entire wedding planning process so we only visited Moraine twice, both times in the winter. Amy made us feel confident the whole time - she kept us on schedule, made us feel special, and was on top of details we would never have thought of - this was great with us being so far away. I'm also gluten-free (Celiacs) and they were incredible with making delicious food that accommodated me and other guests with allergies. We had about 180 guests who fit comfortably in the tent and cocktail area. All still RAVE about the food! The venue was gorgeous and the tent is very romantic with the lights. The flowers are great for photos. The guests all stayed in Salem and we had a bus take guests back and forth from the venue. I wouldn't change a single thing!

Rebekah · Married on 10/16/2016

Amy was absolutely fantastic in helping us plan our wedding at Moraine Farm. She made the planning process fun and easy. She took care of details that we would not have considered on our own yet were essential to having the day flow smoothly. Her team was wonderfully helpful on the day itself, and the food was delicious. The natural beauty of the grounds and the lake was incredible, and the tent was spacious and comfortable, allowing all our guests to join in for traditional dancing. We are so glad that we were able to work with Amy, and will forever be grateful to her, Moraine Farm, and Fireside Catering for being part of our special day.

Kristin · Married on 10/15/2016

We had our wedding here over the weekend and our guests are still talking about how gorgeous and amazing the wedding was.
    The grounds are phenomal and well kept, and the staff is PHENOMENAL. Amy Hudon brought our vision to life as to what we wanted for our guests and she not only knocked our expectations out of the park to bring it to life but she went above and beyond and made the process completely stress free. Not many brides can say they walked down the aisle without ZERO anxiety! I cannot say enough how wonderful this experience has been and I will ALWAYS recommend this venue to anyone who wants to have their wedding in a truly special and secret place. From the gorgeous back views of Wenham Lake to the lush gardens and beautiful tea house - this is the place to be.
    The food - EPIC. Fireside catering has got you covered! You want it? You have it! They allow you to have fun with your own menu with no limits. And the tent is absolutely stunning on the inside and very comfortable!

Marc · Married on 08/05/2016

We had an August wedding at Moraine Farm, and it was absolutely PERFECT. We were a little nervous about an outdoor wedding and a tent for the reception, but it was such an incredibly gorgeous venue, and the sailcloth tent with a full floor (not just a vinyl tent on grass/mud with only a hard floor for dancing) was just beautiful. Cocktail Hour out by the lake on the patio is absolutely breathtaking (though we sadly didn’t get any pictures of the spot!) Having amazing food at our wedding was really important, and Fireside Catering (the exclusive caterer for Moraine Farm) did an absolutely outstanding job, we still have people raving about how good the rib-eye was!! We were so happy with how incredible the venue was, we couldn’t imagine a better choice!

Elizabeth · Married on 06/12/2016

Our wedding at Moraine Farm was completely wonderful. The venue is the perfect balance of elegant and rustic, and it really feels like you're transported deep into the countryside, even though it's super accessible and easy to get to. Amy was amazing to work with, and her help in working through and managing the millions of details that come up when wedding planning (including details we never would have thought of on our own!) was truly the reason our day was so perfect-- everything flowed seamlessly, and we were able to fully relax and enjoy the day. The whole staff was so warm and professional. Also, the food was incredible. I knew it would be good, but I never expected the number of comments from our guests about how it was some of the best food they've ever had! We couldn't be happier with our experience, and I highly recommend Moraine Farm as a place to spend one of the happiest days of your life.

• Kayla

Kayla · Married on 08/28/2015

My wedding day was perfect at Moraine Farm. The venue itself is stunning - my guests could not believe how gorgeous the grounds were here.
    Maura McCarthy specifically made the day run smoothly, and took all of my ideas and decor and created the most beautiful set up. I could not have made everything look so good if I did it myself. She has an amazing eye for design and event planning.
    The food is delicious, the staff is incredible, and the tent having the full floor makes it beautiful and more functional.
    I was so impressed with every detail of my wedding, and after looking at 20+ venues, nothing could beat Moraine Farm.

Laura · Married on 09/27/2014

WOW. I cannot believe how magical my wedding was and how smoothly it went. Moraine Farm was originally not on my radar because I did not know the North Shore that well. Once we came for a visit, it became clear that this venue had everything we wanted. One of the few places (that we liked) that can very easily accommodate over 200 guests.

I specifically want to mention the professionalism and service Maura McCarthy brings to the table. Working with her was a pleasure and I knew I was in good hands. I had a lot of questions and wanted to make sure my guests had the best experience possible, and Moraine Farm & Maura McCarthy delivered that tenfold.

The venue is gorgeous. Outdoor and elegant without being too rustic and the gardens and lawns are immaculately kept. The gardens bloom in the Spring, Summer and Fall. You can choose from a variety of tents (I recommend upgrading to sailcloth) and Fireside Catering does a fantastic job with the food.

I couldn't be happier with the way everything turned out. The night went so smoothly it's almost scary. You provide the alcohol (and Kappy's buys back everything that's unopened) which saved us a ton of money, but Moraine still provides top notch bartenders and the insurance.

Above all else, if you want to have your wedding in an unforgettable location with lush lawns and gardens (not to mention some cool history to the place) check out The Estate at Moraine Farm. Your guests will be taken care of, the setting is like a dream and they go out of their way to make sure you are a happy bride.

Danna · Married on 09/13/2014

The venue we chose was being anything we could've imagined! Working with Maura from fireside catering (the premier caterer) was a pleasure. She handled everything with care. She took our vision and made it come to life. Even though it rained, we would never have known it. She set everything up so it still went perfectly! The staff was excellent, grounds were beautiful and the food was absolutely fantastic! We cannot say enough!

Jennifer · Married on 09/06/2014

We worked with Maura from the start and she gave us advice and guidance during the planning process. Maura was so flexible with the menu, worked with our budget and allowed us to make personal touches to the menu. Maura is certainly type A in a good way.She has a great eye for detail and did a great job walking us threw the days events with a fine tooth comb. Also prompt.

I will say that when we planned our September 6 wedding we were expecting an early fall, outdoor production. Moraine Farm was most scenic and beautiful backdrop to share our day with our family and friends. I certainly did not expect a 90 degree day with thunderstorms, tornado warnings and power outages in the forecast! We had about an hour of severe thunderstorms right as the reception began and the Fireside catering team did not miss a beat despite mother natures attempt to halt the production! I was scared when we were introduced, the lights were out and the storm was at it's peak. I believe the lights had gone out in the tent because a power strip got wet, but they still had power for the band. But Maura and her team kept us calm with assurances that it was okay. Maura let me know someone was coming for the lights and it was fixed quickly-within about 15 minutes! It actually added a nice dramatic effect during our first dance because the only lights were on us. The entire production was perfect despite mother nature's imperfections.The staff did not miss a beat and they all came up to me and apologized for crazy weather, were very complimentary and congratulated us. I work in the industry and I can only imagine the challenges that were faced behind the scenes but we didn't see a thing! The staff was very professional and the food was amazing. We got so many compliments that it was the best food people had ever had a wedding. I would highly recomend this vendor to anyone! You are in great hands.

Emily · Married on 07/19/2014

Maura at Moraine Farm is one of the most helpful, organized, and warm people I worked with throughout my entire wedding planning process. She thought of everything.

Melissa · Married on 06/27/2014

Every last detail was beautifully handled. Our event planner Maura, was always easy to get a hold of. All of the staff were extremely polite, helpful and responsive to us and our 200+ guests. Food was absolutely amazing! I have NO complaints, and would choose moraine every time!

Lauren · Married on 06/06/2014

Moraine Farm was the perfect location for our wedding! From the patio that overlooks Wenham Lake to the beautiful gardens and secluded location, we thought the venue was wonderful. Maura and the rest of the staff were incredibly supportive and made sure everything went off without a hitch. I would recommend Moraine Farm to anybody!

I can't rave enough about Moraine Farm and about working with Maura. She made everything easy. If we came up with a problem, she had a solution. Our wedding was simply perfect. I entered the day knowing that she would take care of everything, and the day ran smoothly without any effort from me or my husband.

Katy · Married on 05/10/2014

I had both my ceremony and reception at Moraine Farm and couldn't have picked a more perfect spot for a beautiful and rustic outdoor wedding. Everything from the view overlooking the Wenham Lake to the food by Fireside Catering was so perfect and it all made for a perfect day. Maura was so great to work with, she was exceptionally quick to respond to all of my (many) questions and she made the whole process as stress free as possible. I would highly recommend Moraine Farm to anyone getting married who is looking for a beautiful location!

We got married at Moraine Farm in early September. The venue is beautiful at this time of year - the gardens still had flowers and the foliage was still full. Maura McCarthy took over as the venue coordinator halfway through our wedding planning process and she never missed a beat! She was up to speed in no time and was able to take all of our visions and requests and help us figure out how to execute them. She was amazing to work with through the whole wedding process, from being very responsive to all of our questions (I had a lot!) to being able to handle the requests and questions from our parents (who may of had even more!)

It rained very hard 2 nights before our wedding which led to the grass being a little muddy. At the rehearsal the day before the wedding, Maura was able to bring in turf to cover up the muddiest part of the reception tent which was a great.

Fireside Catering is the exclusive caterer for Moraine and the food was AMAZING. We had many guests saying it was the best piece of steak they had ever had, let along at a wedding.

The staff at Moraine was great - a few of the waitresses even came up to me during the wedding to congratulate me as well as tell me how they loved all of the details of our wedding. Fireside also dedicates one staff member to the bride and groom during cocktail hour and dinner which was great so we didn't have to worry about going to the bar or making sure we had something to eat. The whole staff made sure everything went smoothly from start to finish!

• Wesline

Wesline · Married on 09/03/2012

Not only is this place beautiful but its picture perfect for summer weddings. I got married on labor day and Amy made sure that everything went off with out a hitch. She especially catered to my new husband and my needs, and went over every little detail to make sure our day was perfect. Her amazing knowledge of wedding planning made planning our ceremony so easy it left me thinking shouldn't this be harder? My husband and i are extremely grateful to Amy and the whole Moraine Farms staff for making our wedding day so extremely perfect, i'd recommend them to just about anyone who was getting married and wanted an outdoor wedding. The site is just off the water with a beautiful view of the ocean, and they have wonderful flowers everywhere which leaves extra decorations to a minimum so that also helped our pockets a lot. Working with Amy was just a wonderful experience and i am so happy that I decided to get married at Moraine Farms!