Moonstone Studio Reviews

Moonstone Studio 6
Moonstone Studio 7

Caitlin L · Married on 06/01/2019

Fantastic Experience

Jenica and her team were absolutely amazing. From our first conversation to the day itself she was a pleasure to work with - calm, capable, and with a fantastic eye for great photography. I would highly recommend her for any event - your day will be in great hands

Sent on 06/08/2019
  • Jesse

Jesse & Frankie Kahn · Married on 09/22/2018

highly recommend!

We highly recommend this photographer! Not only is she a very talented photography, but she is also responsive, communicative, professional, creative, inventive and made us feel at ease. She was a joy to have there at our elopement and our pictures turned out better than we could've imagined!

Sent on 12/16/2018
    Moonstone Studio 8
    Moonstone Studio 9
    Moonstone Studio 10
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 08/26/2018

Amazing photographer, amazing person

We hired Jenica for our 165-guest same-sex wedding in Brooklyn. From the first conversation, she was so down to earth, zen, calm, professional, and genuinely interested in us and our love. When she took our (complimentary) engagement photos after we booked her, she was a joy to spend time with (we actually all grabbed a drink afterward!) and we felt totally comfortable with her. She's super dependable, communicative, prompt, and, on our wedding day, she was this magical combination of authoritative and SUPER STEALTHY. She cycled through group photos like a pro (no small feat as we both have insanely large families-- it was like herding cats) AND caught so many incredible moments throughout the day...yet somehow we barely saw her?? Her eye is incredible-- we first booked her because hers were the only wedding photos we saw that made us genuinely emotional. She combines her unique, intelligent documentary style and skill with the vibrancy, tenderness, and JOY she knows people want to see in their wedding photos. Because our wedding was large, she had a second shooter with her, who was just as incredibly kind and talented. We couldn't be happier with our photos. They totally capture our explosively joyful, love-filled, PARTY of a wedding, and we'd hire her again in a second. Jenica does not shoot for Instagram and is totally egoless-- she shoots honest, joyful images with skill and care. Book her. You will not regret it.

Sent on 11/08/2018

Amanda · Married on 06/09/2018

Moonstone Studio was the best choice for photographing my camp wedding. Jenica was willing to come and stay on location to make sure she got every part of my wedding day.

Not only does Jenica have an excellent eye for details, she knows how to capture the intimacy and tenderness of a moment. As a slightly camera shy bride, Jenica caught me at my best and knew when to help provide some direction for some of our portraits.

I had the best time at my wedding and it shows in our photos, I can also tell that all of our guests had a great time, too - that's the best memory to carry forward.

Jenica was especially careful to check with me on any particular photos I was set on taking away from my wedding and she got so many additional photos that I didn't know I would want until I saw them. I can't fully express how much I appreciate having some of those photos because they are definitely some of my favorites.

Sent on 07/31/2018
    Moonstone Studio 11
    Moonstone Studio 12
    Moonstone Studio 13
    Moonstone Studio 14
    Moonstone Studio 15
    Moonstone Studio 16

Ethan · Married on 06/06/2018

Jenica was awesome! She is kind, honest, easy to work with, but most of all, dependable. She does what she says she'll do, for the price she says she'll do it for. She was sensitive to our budget, which I thought would translate into cutting corners, but the results were phenomenal! We could not have been more pleased. Because I'm a real stickler for efficiency, I was thoroughly impressed how efficiently she cycled through all of the groups (during the group photo portion). It was like herding cats but she did it. I know it wasn't her job to do this (we should have had a wedding planner), but when she sensed confusion at different points throughout the ceremony/reception, she quickly bailed us out. She has the wedding order of operations down (thank goodness) and was such a good sport about it.

Sent on 08/02/2018

Lauren · Married on 06/02/2018

Jenica was our videographer for our wedding in Germantown, NY in June, and we are so happy we chose her. She was friendly, flexible, and worked perfectly with our photographer. She was so unobtrusive during the wedding day, and yet, from the incredible highlight video she delivered, it was clear she was everywhere she needed to be. Jenica has an incredible eye for light and motion, and creates dreamy but modern work We're so lucky to have worked with her and highly recommend her to anyone who wants a perfect lookback at their wedding day.

Sent on 07/25/2018

Marcia · Married on 11/11/2017

I recently had the opportunity of catering a beautiful wedding and found myself working along side Jenica. I was very impressed by her calm demeanor(we felt a sense of peace in a place that had so much going on during the last few hours leading up to the wedding). Words cannot express how thankful I was to have her there-she is soft spoken, down to earth, charming, professional and a great photographer. A few weeks after the event, the bride sent me a copy of the photos taken by Jenica on her wedding day and I can't stop looking at them! Jenica is a true artist who has the ability to create timeless photographs that capture intimate, romantic and perfect moments. Her work is amazing, delicate , and beautiful. If you are in need of a photographer, look no further Jenica and Moonstone Studio will capture beautiful-perfect images on your special day!

Sent on 11/19/2017
  • I

Isabel · Married on 09/02/2017

Jenica is INCREDIBLE. She is abundant with talent, she is kind, professional and truly pure magic with her art.

From the first phone call we had, I was completely taken with Jenica. Her understanding, patience and guidance of all aspects of capturing our wedding were invaluable. During the process, our communications were heartfelt, professional and insightful.

The wedding day was perfectly executed. Moonstone captured every moment, all while remaining in the background. I never once worried whether the day was being documented.

Our wedding video and photos are proof well beyond words of the quality and caliber of work.

We couldn’t be happier with the experience and the end result. If you’re getting married, look no further- Jenica is your girl.

Sent on 01/12/2018
    Moonstone Studio 17
    Moonstone Studio 18
    Moonstone Studio 19
    Moonstone Studio 20
    Moonstone Studio 21
    Moonstone Studio 22

Nate · Married on 08/04/2016

Working with Jenica was great! She made taking pictures fun and we're glad we trusted her as everything turned out amazing.

Sent on 11/07/2017

Monica · Married on 06/26/2016

This is not a review as much as it is a love letter to Jenica and her talent. Anyone who has her as a wedding photographer will know what I mean. She was responsive and a great listener. I bounced off ideas on when and how to take the pictures and she took into consideration everything we threw at her, her feedback was honest and positive. Our wedding took place outside in a beautiful location but it wasn't without challenges. Jenica came to scout it the day before to make sure we had some favorite spots and angles. I got some adorable pictures with my flower girl in the process. We mentioned that our relatives had made a big effort to fly in from very remote places so we'd like to minimize the amount of time spent posing and would prefer to document the event in a more casual style. We also started at noon with the family pictures and our 'first look' pictures and she made it work even with very challenging light conditions. She was accommodating, went above and beyond, and seemed to be there in the most discreet way to capture every moment with such an intimate gaze! Everyone in the family just loved her energy and personality and she was an amazing contribution to the energy of the day. I can't say enough good things of how quick her turnaround is, the quality of the pictures is amazing, she handed them over organized by event so we could skip to our favorite moments with ease. I can't believe we were lucky enough to have the day so beautifully captured, the spirit of our wedding is in every frame. I have to add that my husband and I are not big fans of taking pictures, we're a little awkward to put it mildly and shy away from the selfies, etc. With Jenica it never felt forced or fake, we were relaxed and at ease, she guided us without making us feel like we were on display. I will let the images speak for themselves. We love Moonstone Studio and I will answer any and all questions you have!

Sent on 01/22/2018
    Moonstone Studio 29
    Moonstone Studio 30
    Moonstone Studio 31

Stephen · Married on 06/04/2016

Jenica is amazing!!! We love our photos. Couldn't be happier. She was able to capture the most important candid moments and work with difficult family personalities to get the best of everyone's angle for the mother pleasing group portraits.
    Thank you!!!

Sent on 12/19/2017

Lindsey · Married on 03/12/2011

Jenica photographed my wedding in 2011. She was amazing! I wanted to have the wedding documented with both a dslr and film. There were not many photographers doing film wedding work at the time and she did such a fantastic job on both the film and the digital. She was very reasonably priced, and the quality of the photos were exactly what I pictured for my wedding. She traveled to photograph my wedding and everything was seamless. She was truly a pleasure to work with. I would hire her again in a heart beat!

Sent on 11/13/2017
    Moonstone Studio 32
    Moonstone Studio 33
    Moonstone Studio 34
    Moonstone Studio 35

C · Married on 10/11/2014

Jenica is a great photographer and was able to capture my wedding beautifully. Would hire her again for other events.

Sent on 11/07/2017