155 Reviews for Moonstone Manor

Decor (3)
Shuttle (3)
Family Style (2)
155 Moonstone Manor Reviews

Wow! Where to begin? Moonstone Manor is amazing! I think I fell in love with this place before I ever even saw it in person. The pictures on their website are beautiful, but when you see it in person it takes your breath away. It's like something out of a fairy tale, exactly what I always pictured my wedding venue to look like. Gina and her staff are amazing! Mary and Amy were so helpful all throughout the day, and let me tell you my wedding day definitely had some hiccups. My dress shop sent the wrong dress to the venue, one of the groomsmens tux was stuck in another state and didn't arrive until 15 mins before our ceremony started, and to top it all off I was sick on my wedding day with a cold. Even with all these little bumps in the road Gina and her staff made sure I had everything I needed. They kept me calm and my mind at ease which made everything all okay. The grounds are immaculate and so well kept, and the tent for our reception was so beautiful. Thank you to Gina and her staff for all their hard work and dedication. You made our special day so wonderful!

Profile Picture Rachael, 10/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Wireless Internet, Uncovered Outdoor

Words can not describe how wonderful it was working with Gina, Mary and Amy along with all of the other behind the scene people to make moonstone the amazing place it is. Gina , Mary and Amy were some of the most genuine and caring people who truly were there to help make your wedding day stress free and exactly how you dreamed it to be. Each of them were so thoughtful and made sure to check in with us throughout the planning to help us through the process. We always knew we could call ask questions and they were all their to answer questions and help us make our dream wedding a reality. Sometimes in life its the small things that matter and Gina, Amy, and Mary throughout the whole planning of the wedding made the small things special. For example we wanted water for the reception in containers and they did a beautiful display of fruit infused water at the bar for us. It was the sweet and genuine gestures that made the moonstone staff far beyond what we ever imagined and made our wedding planning so so simple. From the first time I stepped on the property to the moment we did our sparkler exit it was nothing short of a dream come true. We feel so thankful and blessed to have been married at the most beautiful venue in the world with the most helpful, kind, and caring staff. Moonstone manor, you made our dreams come true!

-Jacob and Taylor Colello

Profile Picture Taylor, 7/13/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite, Outside Vendors, Tents, Covered Outdoor

Moonstone Manor was a magical location for our venue. My husband and I looked at many venues for our specific vision. We fell in love with moonstone on our first visit! Gina was so attentive and made everything so personal. She touched our lives above and beyond being the owner of the venue and incredible cater but became a wonderful friend. The gorgeous grounds and manor were so natural and tended to with such care and precision every picture looked like it was out of a magazine. The entire staff is so attentive and professional they knew exactly what we needed before we'd even thought of it. The genuine love for their jobs is apparent in everyone who works at Moonstone. My vendors were even excited to have the opportunity to work at moonstone, they deserve every bit of their reputation. I know when I was looking for a venue I wouldn't always read the entire review but there are not enough words to explain the wonderful impact Moonstone and Gina had on our wedding planning and wedding day and even our marriage.

Profile Picture Andrea, 7/7/18, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Quality of Service When we were evaluating catering options, the choices are certainly important considerations. Many guests have different dietary needs so variety is a key ingredient. Of course, then the decision moves to taste and this is where we were so impressed. Absolutely delicious: from the initial tasting, rehearsal dinner, hors d’oeuvres to event buffet line.

ResponsivenessEvery wedding is unique and each bride has her own vision of what is desired. Our daughter was no exception and really wanted an outdoor ceremony. There were many different locations suggested and the scenery is just outstanding. The big concern of course is the weather. What do you do if it rains is a huge concern and most of the other places considered just did not offer the flexibility to move to a covered chapel if it rained. This is a fantastic option that fortunately was not needed for our event.

ProfessionalismEvery interaction from the owner to servers was top notched. When putting together such an event, the options can be overwhelming. The Moonstone Manor team was very helpful in making suggestions and working thru possibilities.

ValueThis is ultimately the “bottom line” when making a decision on where to have your wedding. It is important to do comparison shopping and see what you get for your money. We did not find any other venues that offered as many possibilities in such an awesome setting. The creek, huge trees, rose covered arches, beautifully landscaped grounds, and of course the gorgeous mansion – all contributed to a fantastic location that delighted all the quests.

FlexibilityThis is where the Moonstone Manor team shine the most. Our daughter wanted to have our dog be the ring bearer. “Of Course – No problem” was the response. This was repeated many times over including catering options, beverage consideration with a full size aluminum canoe for beer, air conditioning for seniors, golf cart

Photo for Moonstone Manor Review - Even the herons are photogenic at Moonstone Manor!
Profile Picture David, 7/6/18, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Entertainer, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Favors & Gifts, Jewelry, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Transportation, Travel, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

We looked at every central PA outdoor venue, and Moonstone Manor was the winner in every category. It offered the most beautiful settings with multiple beautiful sites to choose from for the ceremony (including an under roof option in the event of inclement weather). The 'getting ready' accomodations were elegant and comfortable with ample space for the bride and groom parties. The property and grounds are SO beautiful - beautifully designed and professionally maintained gardens and grounds. It offers stone walkways, an rose and arch covered path that we used as the bridal party entrance, surprise fairy garden touches tucked throughout the front grounds, an event tent in placewith the elegant lighting that saved us in decorating costs, not to mention a stately and elegant mansion. It was absolutely the perfect setting for beautiful wedding photos. The staff is extremely professional and courteous, and strived to help us plan and execute the perfect event. They team did a beautiful job of setting everything up for the event, and assisted in the breakdown to make the clean up quick and efficient. I might also mention, for those planning a summer event when temperatures may be high, the flow of the Conewago Creek alongside the property helped to create some air flow and in my opinion helped moderate temperatures in the event areas. Most importantly, the pricing was very competitive with others in the area, especially considering their flexibility- you could choose your caterer, alcohol service, and ceremony location. Some of the other venue's restrictions regarding sourcing of alcohol were inconvenient and costly - eg, we looked at several that had licenses only for PA wines and beer, or only their own vineyard produced wines, etc. At moonstone you could provide your own alcohol, or your caterers choice, of any kind desired, including signature cocktails. I highly recommend using their catering if available - Food for Thought Catering. It is amazing!!

Profile Picture Ruth, 7/6/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Altar/Arches, Chairs, Decor, Lighting, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents, Accommodations, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite, Outside Vendors, Pet Friendly, Set Up, Wireless Internet, Parking, Shuttle, Wheelchair Access, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Covered Outdoor, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor

Our wedding was held at Moonstone Manor on Friday, July 6th. It was forecasted to thunderstorm every hour that day, but when our special day finally arrived, it rained only in the morning. The clouds parted, the sun shone and every single moment of the day was magic. It was as if something special happened for us that day--and the weather was just the start.
Being the bride, your day whisks you around and you don't see all the effort that is made behind the scenes, but trust me, it was there. Moonstone Manor's staff helped set up, bustled around the kitchen to make our delicious Food for Thought treats and more.
There were moments in passing that will stick with me. When my husband and I walked to our dessert table to cut our quaint cake--all the guests had a variety of cupcakes and candy choices, I noticed platters matching our decor that weren't ours, cake cutting tools that we didn't bring, and a fancier set up of the dessert table than I could have even imagined! This is just one of many touches I know Gina and her team put together for us. They will let no detail go untouched and won't allow anything, even clouds, to intrude on your day!
Their catering team is awe.some! We had butlered hors d'ouvres, and while I know the guests enjoyed them as we were busy taking pictures, the staff didn't forget about us! We snuck shrimp, cheese tartlets and wine between our photos!

Mostly, I can't emphasize the special quality Gina brings to a wedding. The food is outstanding and the service exceptional, but there is just something special that comes with Moonstone that you must experience to understand. The setting is a dream. I booked it without viewing it since my husband and I live out-of-state. My family promised me it was a dream come true for an outdoor venue. A dream come true, indeed. I could not have planned a more perfect setting for our wedding.
We love Gina, Mary, Amy and staff and feel blessed that they were part of our day.

Profile Picture Amelia, 7/6/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Tastings, Altar/Arches, Chairs, Lighting, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents, Accommodations, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite, Outside Vendors, Pet Friendly, Set Up, Parking, Shuttle, Wheelchair Access

Our wedding was on June 30th, 2018 and it couldn't have been better! Although it was one of the hottest days of the year, being at Moonstone made us forget all about the heat! We had our ceremony and reception at Moonstone and the staff was incredible throughout the day. They greeted us with a smile and made us feel like the most important people in the world. They were so accommodating to all of our needs and made sure from Day 1 that things would run smoothly and just the way we wanted them. We were able to enjoy our wedding without any worry knowing that the details and things in the background were being taken care of. The venue is gorgeous and the guests were in awe of the property and it's beauty. Gina and the staff at Moonstone were absolutely incredible and I cannot say enough great things about them. Moonstone Manor was the perfect venue for us and I wouldn't change a single thing about our wedding day! Thank you so much Moonstone Manor!!!

Profile Picture Gabriella, 6/30/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Moonstone Manor was the PERFECT choice for our wedding. As soon as we had our first visit, we immediately fell in love. The property is extremely well maintained, and the backdrop of the creek for our ceremony was the perfect touch. The grounds and manor and sprinkled with hidden gems that your guests will enjoy. We received so many compliments on all of the details of the venue. The roses were in bloom for our wedding, making the archway one of the best features. After our wedding, we noticed a lot of our guests changed their profile pictures and/or cover photos on Facebook to ones that they took at the event. The minimum distance to the venue for our guests was an hour and half and they questioned why choose something so far, but that was only until they arrived. The staff at the venue were extremely accommodating throughout the planning process, as well as during our wedding. The new owners made a 3-room bridal suite since we first booked and it was a wonderful addition. My girls loved the atmosphere and space for getting ready. Having our wedding here absolutely made me feel like a princess and we could not have asked for a more beautiful venue! We highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Kendra, 6/16/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Moonstone Manor: NO PLACE LIKE THIS beautiful timeless venue. The site, the mansion, the grounds, the landscape, the rose-covered arches, 3 rooms for bridal party to prepare for the day, area for groom/groomsmen to relax & get ready, the lighted tent with 4 chandeliers included, open-air chapel accessed by small bridge close to the tent, refreshments, lunch & snacks available from Owner, Gina D'Ambrosio (who also owns Food for Thought Catering), & a responsive & available staff. Gina went above & beyond to care for our party. Our daughter planned her wedding ceremony by the river, but the rainy day forced the ceremony inside the chapel, which was even better (if that is possible). They even have 120 umbrellas if you need them! The wedding theme was "Enchantment in Literature in a Garden Setting." Moonstone Manor is incomparable. No other venue can match Moonstone Manor! You and your guests will never stop talking about it.

Profile Picture Celeste, 6/10/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This was the wedding beyond our dreams! This is absolutely the most beautiful venue and amazing staff!! The morning of had it's hiccups but the staff made sure we got what we needed and kept us calm, cool, and collected! I would completely do this all over again!! 10000000% recommended! Thank you Moonstine Manor for everything!!

Profile Picture Stefani, 6/3/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Absolutely amazing!!! Couldn’t have asked for a better venue for our special day!!!

Profile Picture Kelly, 6/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Shuttle, Wheelchair Access, In-House Catering, Bridal Suite, Outside Vendors, Covered Outdoor, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor

My wife and I got married there last month and had an absolutely perfect day. The venue and grounds are insanely beautiful and our guests constantly told us how much they loved it there. We got married in the chapel which was so perfect for our vibe. The tent was fantastic and looked so pretty at night with the lights. All of the staff were so helpful yet not intrusive and let us have the day we wanted. Highly highly recommend this venue for all couples.

Profile Picture carly, 5/27/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Unbelievable experience!! Words can not express how wonderful our sons wedding was!!! Amazing and highly recommended!!! Staff was very attentive and personable. They are now considered Family, we love them!!

Profile Picture Rick, 5/25/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I started looking at wedding venues online soon after my daughter got engaged. I checked out several local ones but kept getting drawn to Moonstone Manor and for good reason. Our entire experience from the first meeting through the wedding itself was nothing short of fabulous. Gina was wonderful at guiding us through the entire process. Her years of experience assured me that we were in good hands. She was great at making suggestions but was very sensitive to our wishes. Moonstone Manor is breathtakingly beautiful and the grounds are the perfect setting for an outdoor wedding. We were so happy that the rain finally stopped and Sarah got to have her dream ceremony down by the creek. The staff was friendly and professional and went a long way towards making the day so enjoyable. Our guests could not say enough about how lovely everything was. Thank you Gina and staff for helping to create beautiful memories of Sarah and Ryne’s special day!

Profile Picture Bonnie, 5/20/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The staff at Moonstone Manor were amazing anything we needed they were there for us! Our wedding was May 12 2018 and to this day people are still telling us how much they loved Moonstone and how amazing it was there. We highly recommend Moonstone Manor.

Profile Picture Alyssa, 5/12/18, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Altar/Arches, Tents, Parking, Bridal Suite

We had such an incredible wedding at Moonstone in April 2018! We were able to visit in person several times throughout the planning stages, and the staff were always able to answer any questions we had. It is a GORGEOUS venue, and all of our guests continue to rave about it. We had rain on our wedding day (right after the kiss!), and they were able to supply umbrellas and get our guests into the tent without any issues. We also had an easy rain plan with the covered chapel, but didn't need it. I cannot recommend this venue enough -- it is a magical place!

Profile Picture Elise, 4/28/18, 4 Reviews

BEAUTIFUL!
Moonstone Manor is a STUNNING venue any season you are there! we just married in april and our photos are out of this world! Gina and her staff are so welcoming and flexible with meetings and they are with you every step of the way! they respond quickly via email to any and all questions you have and they have a ton of suggestions to help make your wedding go as smoothly as possible! there isn't one thing that i would change or wish was different about our wedding! we cannot thank Moonstone enough!.

Profile Picture Brandie, 4/14/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Accommodations, In-House Catering, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite, Outside Vendors, Pet Friendly, Set Up, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Uncovered Outdoor

My husband and I got married at Moonstone this past December. I have nothing but praise for this venue and their staff!! From the moment we arrived, we knew it was the place where we wanted to have our wedding. It is the first and only venue we visited. The staff were friendly, warm, and funny. They did everything they could to give us our dream Beauty and the Beast winter wedding. The grounds are gorgeous and the food is AMAZING! We are still getting compliments about our wedding venue/food from guests a month later. The ladies who run Moonstone are witty, talented, and professional. They make you feel like you are friends, not clients. I would 100% recommend Moonstone to anyone looking for an event venue!!!

Profile Picture Lauren, 12/10/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

BOOK MOONSTONE MANOR!!! Literally probably the best decision my husband and I did with the whole wedding process. We felt at home at moonstone. We got married 10/28/17. It was a dream come true for any girl. Gina and staff made me feel confident that nothing bad could happen. Leading up to the day Gina, Mary or Amy was very fast to respond to any email with questions we had. They never turned us down to come stop by the measure something or look at something. Gina allowed my photographer to do a boudoir shoot for 5 hours. Everyone there is so sweet and so patient. While we were getting ready all morning Mary and Amy checked in on us so many times. They accommodated any request we had. Gina personally came out to see how we were doing multiple times. At the end of the night Gina took time out of her night to talk with us all about how our wedding turned out and such. So sad to be done with it. But super excited to return for photos and just to stop by!! Such a nice experience. Love that we made a connection with the owner or the venue where our marriage began. Thank you so much Gina, Mary and Amy! You made our dreams come true. Keep up the beautiful maintance!! See you soon!!

Profile Picture Mackenzie, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Thinking about what a perfect setting Moonstone Manor was for our wedding still makes me speechless. The manor was perfect, with a little historical flair that was great for guests to explore during cocktail hours. The grounds were well-maintained, making for beautiful pictures - not just when we were posing, but also when guests were enjoying happy hour on the lawn. The tent was majestic. On top of that, the staff was responsive to all of our concerns and suggestions. If you are looking for an outdoor venue that you can really make your own, look no further than Moonstone Manor.

Profile Picture Jaclyn, 10/7/17, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Chairs, Decor, Lighting, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Stations, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Clean Up, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite, Outside Vendors, Set Up

Where to begin? Moonstone Manor is just an absolutely amazing venue and has a staff that is absolutely top of the line. I did a lot of research online before looking at any places in person and when I found MM, I knew I had something special. The photos were gorgeous (right in the style I was looking for) and the prices were very competitive. However, nothing could have prepared me for actually seeing this place in person. It took my breath away! There is just something about the mansion and the grounds that is...not to sound cheesy, but it is magical. I knew right away that this is where I wanted to be married. I looked at only 1 other venue in person, and only because I was trying to be diligent; do my best to find the best value. However, nothing could compare.

Once I had seen it, I brought my fiance and he agreed that is felt like the right choice. So then I brought my parents and we signed the contract with then owner, Penny. Down the road, we found out that it had transferred ownership to Gina. This ended up being a best case scenario for us, because Gina was our caterer!! Also, we already loved her from our tasting. Gina continued to be a superior hostess and was very flexible and helpful with any needs we had. I went back to the grounds at least 4 more times to show it off to various family and members of the wedding party. I just could not get enough of this place!

The day of our wedding, October 1st, 2017, everything went so smoothly. A big part of this was how attentive Gina and her staff were. I really cannot say enough about how wonderful they were to work with. Gina is so sweet and genuine and really wants to ensure the couple being married has the most perfect day they can. Since we were married on a Sunday and there was no wedding the next day, she was even gracious enough to let us stay overnight in the beautiful manor, going so far as to offer us tea and muffins the next morning. :) She is the best.

Photo for Moonstone Manor Review - So many places for amazing photos!
Photo for Moonstone Manor Review - The tent is such a value and perfect for any weather!
Photo for Moonstone Manor Review - The natural beauty means means you save on decorations!
Profile Picture Sarah, 10/1/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Outside Vendors, Bridal Suite, Wireless Internet

We got married at Moonstone on 9/29/17 and it was absolutely breathtaking! The grounds are so well kept and beautiful that our guests are still raving about it (and so are we)!! The sunroom/bridal suite is the perfect place to get ready with your girls the morning of. Also, Gina and her team are exceptional. They always respond to emails in a timely manner and were so attentive the day of to make sure everything went smoothly. If you are considering Moonstone definitely visit it in person because the pictures do not do it justice!! It truly is a stunning venue and I would highly recommend!!

Profile Picture sarah, 9/29/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Look no further . . . this is the perfect venue for an outdoor wedding!!! There is no prettier property in Lancaster County. The lawns, creek, gardens, verandas, and of course the mansion are all exquisitely beautiful. Gina and her staff are absolutely the best . . . very positive, helpful, detailed, and professional. They were attentive to our every need! They allowed us to create for my daughter and her husband the Wedding of their dreams!!!

Profile Picture Diane, 8/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bridal Suite

If you're looking for an outdoor wedding look no further than Moonstone Manor. The mansion, the tent, the grounds - it's all beautiful and very well maintained. The staff is an absolute joy to work with and will make sure you have everything you need - they're very responsive and accommodating of any needs you may have leading up to the event and on the day of; never once did I doubt they would put our experience first and we are very appreciative of their level of service.

Profile Picture Ryan, 8/5/17, 6 Reviews