Moonstone Manor Reviews

182 | Elizabethtown, PA

182 Reviews for Moonstone Manor

Mary Ann · Getting married on 05/01/2021

What a georgous venue. We looked at others, in our area, and nothing compared to Moonstone Manor. It was great to work with Penny and her staff and her attention to detail helped us to create the wedding of our dreams!

Sent on 11/03/2015
  • Pam

Pam Musselman · Getting married on 06/29/2020

Magnificent Moonstone Memories

Words are inadequate in expressing our gratitude to the Moonstone Staff for the lovely memories we have of planning and enjoying our daughter’s wedding with them. From our initial visit until the wedding celebration send off our wedding experience at Moonstone Manor with their wonderful staff was absolutely incredible. After our initial meeting with Gina and Mary, there was absolutely no doubt in our minds about where we wanted to have our wedding. Their warm, welcoming, enthusiasm made us extremely comfortable with the overwhelming planning process. Their attention to detail, expertise, and knowledge assured us we work working with the best. When we had our “tasting” to determine our appetizers and entrees we were overwhelmed. We loved everything! Throughout the planning process we received color coded detailed communications updating us. Questions were welcomed and concerns addressed. They worked diligently to allay any concerns. When the “Big Day” arrived they were continually checking with vendors, wedding party, parents, and guests to determine if there were any needs they could address. The comfort and best interest of all of us was constantly on their minds. The Bride and Groom were smiling all day! They said it was the best day of their lives. Our guests raved about the gorgeous historic venue, the scrumptious appetizers, and delicious meal. Everything was perfect! I have no reservations about recommending the Moonstone Manor and Food for Thought Catering as a premiere wedding venue. We feel truly blessed to have had the Moonstone wedding experience and work with their incredibly hardworking, caring, experts!!!
    Pam ( Mother of the Bride)

Sent on 07/04/2019
  • Samantha

Samantha Nowka · Married on 10/13/2019

Beautiful Venue and Friendly Staff

Moonstone Manor is a beautiful venue for any wedding or event. The manor itself is elegant and sophisticated in of itself and the grounds that surround it are perfect for any outdoor wedding. There is no lack of options for photo shoots and ceremony sties. The stream and all of the foliage on the grounds makes it perfect for an outdoor wedding. There is even ruins of a mill on the site that provides a very nice backdrop for photos. Gina and her staff are helpful and very friendly. On the day of the wedding, the staff would check on us and make sure that everything was running smoothly. It is the perfect venue for any wedding and I highly recommend it.

Sent on 10/25/2019

Jena Sullivan · Married on 10/12/2019

Beautiful place and amazing staff

Moonstone Manor is an absolutely beautiful venue. The staff is great to work with. They are quick in their responses and are there for you every step of the way! Highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 10/16/2019
  • Lianne

Lianne Bobal · Married on 09/28/2019

Absolutely perfect

When I think of this beautiful place, my heart smiles and I feel whole. From the beginning of our wedding journey, I knew this place was perfect. I knew this the moment I walked onto the grounds and met Gina, Mary and staff. They are attentive, fun, organized and just all around great people. They make you their priority. All your ideas, questions, concerns or whatever it may be will be acknowledged and answered. My day was so perfect, and so beautiful that I keep saying I want to do it again! I cannot thank the staff here enough for everything

Sent on 10/07/2019
  • Adriene

Adriene · Married on 09/15/2019

Gorgeous Venue

Moonstone Manor and the staff were AMAZING! The venue was beautiful, and the staff were so incredibly helpful. Everything for my wedding was so magical! We received so many compliments on the venue. As a bride, Moonstone took so many stresses away from me with planning. They worked with my schedule for meetings and my walkthrough and answered every detailed question promptly and thoroughly. I couldn’t have asked for a more amazing staff and fantastically beautiful venue. We had the wedding of our dreams because of Moonstone Manor!

Sent on 09/26/2019
  • Kathy

Edward Collier · Married on 09/08/2019

Amazing Experience

We were planning a second wedding and didn't know exactly how we wanted to do it, but we knew that we wanted to keep it intimate. As soon as we visited Moonstone Manor we knew it was perfect.
    Gina and Mary's experience, creativity and patience were invaluable in planning our special day. The tastings were quite helpful, and it was a really fun evening! The frequent emails kept us on tract and helped us stay organized.
    Our wedding day was absolutely perfect. We didn't have to worry about a thing! All of our guests raved about the food, especially the appetizers! The tent and grounds were fabulous and our pictures turned out great!!
    We absolutely recommend Moonstone Manor for any event!

Sent on 10/21/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda Dupont · Married on 08/24/2019

The perfect choice

Moonstone Manor is the perfect venue for a wedding. The staff is very responsive and they helped us organise our Big Day and ceremony down to the smallest detail, including reception tables, chairs, linens - following their advice these turned our beautiful!

We were unsure about having our dinner in an outside tent, but theirs is spacious and makes you really feel almost like you are outside!

The Mansion and grounds are amazing and offer lots of space for a nice reception and a beautiful background for your pictures!

Sent on 09/25/2019

Mary Cashdollar · Married on 08/03/2019

Magical Wedding Night

If you want professionalism with a warm and friendly touch, this is the place to go! Gina, Mary, and the entire staff could not have been more helpful and accommodating. They made us feel welcome right from the start and helped us with every little detail. Moonstone Manor is a beautiful setting and all guests raved about it while enjoying walking around the grounds and the Manor. The reception tent is large and beautifully appointed with chandeliers. We could not have asked for a more beautiful wedding night! I highly recommend Moonstone Manor for a magical evening you will not forget! Thank you to Gina and her wonderful staff!

Sent on 08/15/2019

Danielle Stefankiewicz · Married on 07/26/2019

Wedding Day 07/26/19

WOW, I don't even know where to start! My husband and I got married at Moonstone Manor on July 26th, and it could not have been any more magical! Gina and her staff went ABOVE & BEYOND and they were hands down the best people we have worked with. We were so incredbily pleased with how helpful and professional they all were. They were quick to respond to my emails/calls regarding questions I had, along with checking in to make sure we were all on the same page. They truly care and it shows! The food, the atmosphere, the vibe (just to name a few) was 10/10. The venue and grounds are breathtaking! The guests at our wedding have not stopped talking about how beautiful everything was! Our wedding was a dream come true, and we can't recommend Moonstone Manor enough!!! Thank you Gina & all of the dedicated staff for making our wedding day so special!!!

Sent on 08/14/2019

Moonstone Manor's reply:

Thank you so much for this glowing review. It was a delight and pleasure to serve you and your guests...what a magical day it was, indeed.
  • Ed Voigt

Ed Voigt · Married on 07/20/2019

I had high expectations, which they then exceeded!

I honestly never knew that the role of Father of the Bride could be so rewarding and satisfying! Where do I even begin? A venue so gorgeous yet relaxing, spacious yet cozy. Hottest day of the year, but that didn’t keep a whole lotta people from having a whole lotta fun. Gina, Mary and their staff — so attentive and helpful, all the way through closing time. Having the whole place at our disposal for 14 hours, including that mansion and its lovely (and air conditioned) rooms. Letting me choose my own vendors, all of whom did a great job too. Simply put, Moonstone Manor hosted the best celebration I’ve ever experienced!

Sent on 08/14/2019
  • Rachel

Rachel Birster · Married on 07/13/2019

Perfect Summer Wedding

The perfect venue for our wedding. Everyone was super helpful and willing to go out of their way to make our day perfect. Gina and Mary were super flexible with finding time to meet with us since we live out of state. We received so many compliments during the reception about how nice the venue and staff were. Cannot have asked for a better place to have our wedding!

Sent on 08/15/2019
  • Jscudder820

Jscudder820@comcast.net · Married on 06/29/2019

Making Dreams Come True

Everyone involved in making my daughter, Lauren and her fiancé's wedding a tremendous success and a memory to remember forever were amazing! They couldn't have done more and been more professional and welcoming as they were. They were quick to meet our every need, many times before we asked. If you want to enjoy your child's wedding and have the assurance that all your desires are met in an efficient and professional manner, this is where you need to go.

Sent on 07/15/2019
  • O

Olivia A Amelio · Married on 06/15/2019

Simply, lovely.

My husband and I were recently married at Moonstone Manor on June 15th. Our day was perfect and we couldn't have asked for more! The grounds were picturesque. The stone mansion, luscious greenery and flowers in bloom, and creek side ruins were beyond breathtaking. Truly, a photographers dream! In addition, the woodland chapel served as a stand-in for our non-traditional Catholic ceremony. A romantic yet, respectable option to say, "I do!"
    Most importantly, Gina and Mary allowed us to plan a wedding without concern or worry. Small details were remembered by the staff and coordinated seamlessly. Both, made us feel like we were the only bride and groom of importance, basically like- family.
    Thank you for making our day more than a dream!!!

Sent on 07/03/2019

Melissa Mcintyre · Married on 06/06/2019

A Wonderful Event at a Wonderful Place

Moonstone Manor was the host of the Susquehanna Waldorf School's Eighth Grade Graduation Rehearsal and Ceremony. Gina and her staff were easy to work with, said yes to our many requests, and made our graduation ceremony above and beyond what we had hoped for. It was truly a wonderful evening at the most wonderful place, Moonstone Manor.

Sent on 07/09/2019

Sandy · Married on 05/18/2019

Great wedding!

My son was married 5/18/19 at the manor. Such an amazing experience. Everyone had such a great time. The food was amazing!!!!! Kudos to Gina and her entire staff. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Sent on 06/10/2019
  • Denyal

Denyal · Married on 05/18/2019

PERFECT Outdoor Wedding with lots of Character

The staff and owner of Moonstone Manor are absolutely WONDERFUL to work with. They express so much hospitality that we feel we have gained a second family. The grounds are absolutely stunning and the set up is perfect for any outdoor wedding with with paved floor for the tent, the river backdrop for the ceremony and a covered option in case it rains. There are so many photo opportunities here as well with the amount of character the manor has to offer. We just LOVE it. Gina, Marry and staff - Thank you so much!!

Sent on 06/13/2019

Linsey Germak · Married on 04/27/2019

April 2019 Wedding

The Team at Moonstone Manor are incredible to work with. Whether you are planning a big or small event they take time focusing on all the details and ensuring your day is one of a kind.

Gina and Mary felt like part of our family as they helped us prepare for our big day. They were so easy to work with and were so knowledgeable about what would make our day even more special.

The entire property is one of a kind. The property was so beautiful that it did not require the additional dazzle. The beautiful creek, ruins, farmhouse and entire grounds is stunning. We were able to utilize the entire property which helped to create a atmosphere suitable for not only our guest but the children at our event.

Our wedding day is more than we could have imagined, it was the most perfect day.

Thank you Mary & Gina (& Theodore) for making our day a ream come true.

Love,
    Zack & Linsey

Sent on 05/21/2019
  • Alannah

Alannah · Married on 11/03/2018

Best venue ever.

One world to describe this venue and staff would be FAIRYTALE. Gina, Mary and the rest of the staff at Moonstone Manor made our dreams come true for our wedding in November. We are not from the area so I was worried about organizing everything from 3 hours away, however, they made it so easy. Even with our caterer falling through 2 months before the wedding "Food for Thought Catering" ran by Gina came through for us and catered both our rehearsal dinner and our wedding. It was delicious and highly raved about by all of the guest. I am truly grateful for everyone at Moonstone that made the whole weekend such a dream. They go above and beyond anything you could even possibly hope for. THANK YOU!

Sent on 12/07/2018

Julianne · Married on 10/20/2018

Beautiful venue, great new owner

My fiance and I chose Moonstone Manor after touring multiple venues near Lancaster PA. Moonstone is like no other venue. It has a beautiful river, amazing mansion, photogenic ruins, woods, gardens, paved pathways with arches, and more! All this means there are tons of places to get a variety of photos!! The only aspect of the venue I didnt like right away was the celebration tent -- I've always thought tents look cheap. BUT -- their tent is beautiful. It has a stone floor, walls which can be pulled aside for air flow, etc, and a gorgeous fabric on the ceiling that makes it really look quite beautiful. There are chandeliers and fairy lights, as well as wall sconce lights, so there is plenty of lighting when it gets completely dark outside. The restrooms are VERY nice, far better than we expected, and of course the manor itself is one of a kind. We chose this venue two years in advance (since they fill up fast) and were caught off guard when a few months later the manor changed owners, but the new owner, Gina, is great. We had absolutely no problems on our wedding day, and everything flowed so smoothly. Mary and Amy who work at MM are so responsive to emails and phone calls, and never once made me feel as though I was asking stupid questions or being too picky with details. Everything went perfectly on our wedding day, and everyone raved about the venue. We got so many complements and are really so glad we chose Moonstone.

Sent on 10/23/2018
  • Ian

Ian Long · Married on 10/13/2018

Moonstone Manor Forever

Moonstone Manor was the only place we ever considered getting married. Moonstone or Bust, we thought! And we were absolutely right. The setting is the perfect juxtaposition of contemporary convenience and timeless charm, and pardon the expression, but the marriage of fantasy and modernity was ideal for us. The humongous tent easily handled our 110+-person guest count, the caterers were able to maneuver easily from the catering tent to the floor, the dual-tiered patio was ideal for cocktail hour, and the multiple jaw-dropping, scenic settings make you want to get married multiple times here just to try each superlative backdrop. The bride was very complimentary of the spacious bridal suite to get ready day-of, and the grooms' area is the perfect relaxation zone. The sunroom, the study, the patios: they're all great places for photos too. Hell, even the dollhouse restrooms outside are leagues better than most private bathrooms! Moonstone Manor is enough to make you wish you could get married every year.

Sent on 10/20/2018

Rachael · Married on 10/07/2018

Wow! Where to begin? Moonstone Manor is amazing! I think I fell in love with this place before I ever even saw it in person. The pictures on their website are beautiful, but when you see it in person it takes your breath away. It's like something out of a fairy tale, exactly what I always pictured my wedding venue to look like. Gina and her staff are amazing! Mary and Amy were so helpful all throughout the day, and let me tell you my wedding day definitely had some hiccups. My dress shop sent the wrong dress to the venue, one of the groomsmens tux was stuck in another state and didn't arrive until 15 mins before our ceremony started, and to top it all off I was sick on my wedding day with a cold. Even with all these little bumps in the road Gina and her staff made sure I had everything I needed. They kept me calm and my mind at ease which made everything all okay. The grounds are immaculate and so well kept, and the tent for our reception was so beautiful. Thank you to Gina and her staff for all their hard work and dedication. You made our special day so wonderful!

Sent on 08/22/2017

Wedding date was 8/20/2017
    Your review brought tears to my eyes! You were delightful in every way, a trooper in the midst of those hiccups with your dress and the missing tux, gracious and sweet the entire day. You kept your focus on what mattered the most. Your wedding was elegant, enchanted, and magical, and your guests had a wonderful time. You were a pleasure to have and I'm so glad you are so happy. Your mother and Sandy were a joy though the planning. They made it really fun. On behalf of my staff, we wish you so much love and happiness. We loved having you and we so enjoyed catering your wedding too!!!

Amanda · Married on 09/22/2018

Wow, where to even begin?! I fell in love with Moonstone Manor before ever seeing it in person. As soon as we visited this venue we knew instantly this was going to be where we got married. The grounds are breathtaking and Gina and her staff show a genuine passion for what they do. It is extremely apparent. The grounds are immaculate and the tent is extremely spacious and elegant. We needed to do very little to make this our dream wedding and that is all thanks to Moonstone Manor and all that they have to offer! Any and all questions we had were answered extremely promptly during the planning stages and they were more than accommodating in letting us visit multiple times throughout our engagement. Our guests were absolutely blown away the day of the wedding and we received many compliments on how beautifully done everything was. I became emotional at the end of the night while talking to Gina because we seriously could not have envisioned a better wedding day. Fortunately we lucked out and the weather was perfect, however even if it would have rained we knew that it would all be covered and would not pose any issues! Thank you Moonstone Manor!

Sent on 10/02/2018

Moonstone Manor's reply:

Amanda, you are darling. I still remember your happy tears at the end of the evening and I certainly felt the warmth and gratitude in our conversation. What a lovely wedding celebration you had and I am beyond grateful that you put your trust in us to help you create a perfect day. Blessings on your marriage and please look back with fond memories forever of your beautiful wedding day. xo Gina

Deanna · Married on 09/02/2018

Moonstone Manor was our dream wedding venue from the first 5 minutes we were on the property! It's truly incredible, the interior of the manor is breathtaking and so much fun to explore, the outside is beautiful. The opportunities for amazing photos are unlimited. My guests loved the property so much. We always feel at home when we are there, but that is mainly because of Gina and her wonderful staff. Gina is the real gem of this amazing venue, she is such a calming presence and I felt completely confident in taking on all her recommendations for all the day of details I was unsure of (she was spot on for all of them!). Gina answered all my minute detail questions and emailed with me constantly and was very organized in keeping it all straight! We feel so lucky to have found Moonstone! Thank you for making our day perfect!

Sent on 10/08/2018

Moonstone Manor's reply:

Deanna, we are so very grateful for this glowing review. We so enjoyed your time with us at Moonstone Manor. Your guests were wonderful and appreciative and gracious. They had a lovely time and commented on how lovely the tent looked. We wish you a lifetime of love and happiness...and we hope to see you again.

Laura · Married on 08/31/2018

From the start our experience with Moonstone and the staff was perfection. The grounds truly transport you and are magical. The staff is both warm and precise- somehow capturing a laid back and kindly manner while flawlessly addressing everything you have and haven't thought of. We sent countless emails in the months leading up and each request was answered quickly and with enthusiasm. The Moonstone staff was able to capture our vision and create a beautiful day for us and all of our guests.

Sent on 09/04/2018