Moonstone Manor Reviews

Moonstone Manor 7
  • Alannah

Alannah · Married on 11/03/2018

Best venue ever.

One world to describe this venue and staff would be FAIRYTALE. Gina, Mary and the rest of the staff at Moonstone Manor made our dreams come true for our wedding in November. We are not from the area so I was worried about organizing everything from 3 hours away, however, they made it so easy. Even with our caterer falling through 2 months before the wedding "Food for Thought Catering" ran by Gina came through for us and catered both our rehearsal dinner and our wedding. It was delicious and highly raved about by all of the guest. I am truly grateful for everyone at Moonstone that made the whole weekend such a dream. They go above and beyond anything you could even possibly hope for. THANK YOU!

Julianne · Married on 10/20/2018

Beautiful venue, great new owner

My fiance and I chose Moonstone Manor after touring multiple venues near Lancaster PA. Moonstone is like no other venue. It has a beautiful river, amazing mansion, photogenic ruins, woods, gardens, paved pathways with arches, and more! All this means there are tons of places to get a variety of photos!! The only aspect of the venue I didnt like right away was the celebration tent -- I've always thought tents look cheap. BUT -- their tent is beautiful. It has a stone floor, walls which can be pulled aside for air flow, etc, and a gorgeous fabric on the ceiling that makes it really look quite beautiful. There are chandeliers and fairy lights, as well as wall sconce lights, so there is plenty of lighting when it gets completely dark outside. The restrooms are VERY nice, far better than we expected, and of course the manor itself is one of a kind. We chose this venue two years in advance (since they fill up fast) and were caught off guard when a few months later the manor changed owners, but the new owner, Gina, is great. We had absolutely no problems on our wedding day, and everything flowed so smoothly. Mary and Amy who work at MM are so responsive to emails and phone calls, and never once made me feel as though I was asking stupid questions or being too picky with details. Everything went perfectly on our wedding day, and everyone raved about the venue. We got so many complements and are really so glad we chose Moonstone.

• Ian

Ian Long · Married on 10/13/2018

Moonstone Manor Forever

Moonstone Manor was the only place we ever considered getting married. Moonstone or Bust, we thought! And we were absolutely right. The setting is the perfect juxtaposition of contemporary convenience and timeless charm, and pardon the expression, but the marriage of fantasy and modernity was ideal for us. The humongous tent easily handled our 110+-person guest count, the caterers were able to maneuver easily from the catering tent to the floor, the dual-tiered patio was ideal for cocktail hour, and the multiple jaw-dropping, scenic settings make you want to get married multiple times here just to try each superlative backdrop. The bride was very complimentary of the spacious bridal suite to get ready day-of, and the grooms' area is the perfect relaxation zone. The sunroom, the study, the patios: they're all great places for photos too. Hell, even the dollhouse restrooms outside are leagues better than most private bathrooms! Moonstone Manor is enough to make you wish you could get married every year.

Rachael · Married on 10/07/2018

Wow! Where to begin? Moonstone Manor is amazing! I think I fell in love with this place before I ever even saw it in person. The pictures on their website are beautiful, but when you see it in person it takes your breath away. It's like something out of a fairy tale, exactly what I always pictured my wedding venue to look like. Gina and her staff are amazing! Mary and Amy were so helpful all throughout the day, and let me tell you my wedding day definitely had some hiccups. My dress shop sent the wrong dress to the venue, one of the groomsmens tux was stuck in another state and didn't arrive until 15 mins before our ceremony started, and to top it all off I was sick on my wedding day with a cold. Even with all these little bumps in the road Gina and her staff made sure I had everything I needed. They kept me calm and my mind at ease which made everything all okay. The grounds are immaculate and so well kept, and the tent for our reception was so beautiful. Thank you to Gina and her staff for all their hard work and dedication. You made our special day so wonderful!

Sent on 08/22/2017

Moonstone Manor's reply:

Wedding date was 8/20/2017 Your review brought tears to my eyes! You were delightful in every way, a trooper in the midst of those hiccups with your dress and the missing tux, gracious and sweet the entire day. You kept your focus on what mattered the most. Your wedding was elegant, enchanted, and magical, and your guests had a wonderful time. You were a pleasure to have and I'm so glad you are so happy. Your mother and Sandy were a joy though the planning. They made it really fun. On behalf of my staff, we wish you so much love and happiness. We loved having you and we so enjoyed catering your wedding too!!!

Amanda · Married on 09/22/2018

Wow, where to even begin?! I fell in love with Moonstone Manor before ever seeing it in person. As soon as we visited this venue we knew instantly this was going to be where we got married. The grounds are breathtaking and Gina and her staff show a genuine passion for what they do. It is extremely apparent. The grounds are immaculate and the tent is extremely spacious and elegant. We needed to do very little to make this our dream wedding and that is all thanks to Moonstone Manor and all that they have to offer! Any and all questions we had were answered extremely promptly during the planning stages and they were more than accommodating in letting us visit multiple times throughout our engagement. Our guests were absolutely blown away the day of the wedding and we received many compliments on how beautifully done everything was. I became emotional at the end of the night while talking to Gina because we seriously could not have envisioned a better wedding day. Fortunately we lucked out and the weather was perfect, however even if it would have rained we knew that it would all be covered and would not pose any issues! Thank you Moonstone Manor!

Sent on 10/02/2018

Moonstone Manor's reply:

Amanda, you are darling. I still remember your happy tears at the end of the evening and I certainly felt the warmth and gratitude in our conversation. What a lovely wedding celebration you had and I am beyond grateful that you put your trust in us to help you create a perfect day. Blessings on your marriage and please look back with fond memories forever of your beautiful wedding day. xo Gina

Deanna · Married on 09/02/2018

Moonstone Manor was our dream wedding venue from the first 5 minutes we were on the property! It's truly incredible, the interior of the manor is breathtaking and so much fun to explore, the outside is beautiful. The opportunities for amazing photos are unlimited. My guests loved the property so much. We always feel at home when we are there, but that is mainly because of Gina and her wonderful staff. Gina is the real gem of this amazing venue, she is such a calming presence and I felt completely confident in taking on all her recommendations for all the day of details I was unsure of (she was spot on for all of them!). Gina answered all my minute detail questions and emailed with me constantly and was very organized in keeping it all straight! We feel so lucky to have found Moonstone! Thank you for making our day perfect!

Sent on 10/08/2018

Moonstone Manor's reply:

Deanna, we are so very grateful for this glowing review. We so enjoyed your time with us at Moonstone Manor. Your guests were wonderful and appreciative and gracious. They had a lovely time and commented on how lovely the tent looked. We wish you a lifetime of love and happiness...and we hope to see you again.

Laura · Married on 08/31/2018

From the start our experience with Moonstone and the staff was perfection. The grounds truly transport you and are magical. The staff is both warm and precise- somehow capturing a laid back and kindly manner while flawlessly addressing everything you have and haven't thought of. We sent countless emails in the months leading up and each request was answered quickly and with enthusiasm. The Moonstone staff was able to capture our vision and create a beautiful day for us and all of our guests.

• Christy

Christy · Married on 08/18/2018

My husband and I both had the same opinion of Moonstone after visiting- we could not imagine getting married anywhere else! The entire property feels like you're in a storybook, from the Manor itself, to the beautiful grounds & gardens. We fell in love with everything about it. Gina & her staff were fabulous from start to finish, and made me feel like the only bride they had on the books (which of course was not the case!) We wanted a venue that could serve as the setting for the ceremony and reception, and everything went perfectly. There are absolutely endless photo opportunities, so your photographer will have their pick of scenery! Our guests raved about how beautiful Moonstone was the entire day, and we were so incredibly proud to have had our wedding there. 100% recommended!

Moonstone Manor 8
    Moonstone Manor 9
    Moonstone Manor 10

Taylor · Married on 07/13/2018

Words can not describe how wonderful it was working with Gina, Mary and Amy along with all of the other behind the scene people to make moonstone the amazing place it is. Gina , Mary and Amy were some of the most genuine and caring people who truly were there to help make your wedding day stress free and exactly how you dreamed it to be. Each of them were so thoughtful and made sure to check in with us throughout the planning to help us through the process. We always knew we could call ask questions and they were all their to answer questions and help us make our dream wedding a reality. Sometimes in life its the small things that matter and Gina, Amy, and Mary throughout the whole planning of the wedding made the small things special. For example we wanted water for the reception in containers and they did a beautiful display of fruit infused water at the bar for us. It was the sweet and genuine gestures that made the moonstone staff far beyond what we ever imagined and made our wedding planning so so simple. From the first time I stepped on the property to the moment we did our sparkler exit it was nothing short of a dream come true. We feel so thankful and blessed to have been married at the most beautiful venue in the world with the most helpful, kind, and caring staff. Moonstone manor, you made our dreams come true!

-Jacob and Taylor Colello

Sent on 08/06/2018
    Moonstone Manor 11
    Moonstone Manor 12
    Moonstone Manor 13

Moonstone Manor's reply:

Well, thank you so much, you moved me to tears. This is what it is all about for us. We truly love what we do and we love when our care and attention to your needs is noticed. We loved working with you and your friends and families were super thoughtful and appreciate...and so complimentary. We appreciate the time you took to write this lovely review. We can't wait to share it. Please keep in touch and let us know how you are from time to time. We wish you a lifetime of happiness and wellness. Blessings to you both. xo

Andrea · Married on 07/07/2018

Moonstone Manor was a magical location for our venue. My husband and I looked at many venues for our specific vision. We fell in love with moonstone on our first visit! Gina was so attentive and made everything so personal. She touched our lives above and beyond being the owner of the venue and incredible cater but became a wonderful friend. The gorgeous grounds and manor were so natural and tended to with such care and precision every picture looked like it was out of a magazine. The entire staff is so attentive and professional they knew exactly what we needed before we'd even thought of it. The genuine love for their jobs is apparent in everyone who works at Moonstone. My vendors were even excited to have the opportunity to work at moonstone, they deserve every bit of their reputation. I know when I was looking for a venue I wouldn't always read the entire review but there are not enough words to explain the wonderful impact Moonstone and Gina had on our wedding planning and wedding day and even our marriage.

David · Married on 07/06/2018

Quality of Service When we were evaluating catering options, the choices are certainly important considerations. Many guests have different dietary needs so variety is a key ingredient. Of course, then the decision moves to taste and this is where we were so impressed. Absolutely delicious: from the initial tasting, rehearsal dinner, hors d’oeuvres to event buffet line.

Responsiveness Every wedding is unique and each bride has her own vision of what is desired. Our daughter was no exception and really wanted an outdoor ceremony. There were many different locations suggested and the scenery is just outstanding. The big concern of course is the weather. What do you do if it rains is a huge concern and most of the other places considered just did not offer the flexibility to move to a covered chapel if it rained. This is a fantastic option that fortunately was not needed for our event.

Professionalism Every interaction from the owner to servers was top notched. When putting together such an event, the options can be overwhelming. The Moonstone Manor team was very helpful in making suggestions and working thru possibilities.

Value This is ultimately the “bottom line” when making a decision on where to have your wedding. It is important to do comparison shopping and see what you get for your money. We did not find any other venues that offered as many possibilities in such an awesome setting. The creek, huge trees, rose covered arches, beautifully landscaped grounds, and of course the gorgeous mansion – all contributed to a fantastic location that delighted all the quests.

Flexibility This is where the Moonstone Manor team shine the most. Our daughter wanted to have our dog be the ring bearer. “Of Course – No problem” was the response. This was repeated many times over including catering options, beverage consideration with a full size aluminum canoe for beer, air conditioning for seniors, golf cart

Sent on 07/15/2018
    Moonstone Manor 14

Moonstone Manor's reply:

I'm so very grateful for this amazing review and hope you know how much we LOVED hosting your daughter's wedding here...and rehearsal dinner. The entire weekend was lovely in every way and we will have fond memories of you all for a lifetime. It was an honor to serve you in the capacity of sharing the venue and also with catering your events. We will cherish the moments we had with you and we wish you a lifetime of continued happiness with the newlyweds. Thanks again for the yummy salmon you brought me to sample and I still will take you up on the motorcycle ride some day. :)

Ruth · Married on 07/06/2018

We looked at every central PA outdoor venue, and Moonstone Manor was the winner in every category. It offered the most beautiful settings with multiple beautiful sites to choose from for the ceremony (including an under roof option in the event of inclement weather). The 'getting ready' accomodations were elegant and comfortable with ample space for the bride and groom parties. The property and grounds are SO beautiful - beautifully designed and professionally maintained gardens and grounds. It offers stone walkways, an rose and arch covered path that we used as the bridal party entrance, surprise fairy garden touches tucked throughout the front grounds, an event tent in placewith the elegant lighting that saved us in decorating costs, not to mention a stately and elegant mansion. It was absolutely the perfect setting for beautiful wedding photos. The staff is extremely professional and courteous, and strived to help us plan and execute the perfect event. They team did a beautiful job of setting everything up for the event, and assisted in the breakdown to make the clean up quick and efficient. I might also mention, for those planning a summer event when temperatures may be high, the flow of the Conewago Creek alongside the property helped to create some air flow and in my opinion helped moderate temperatures in the event areas. Most importantly, the pricing was very competitive with others in the area, especially considering their flexibility- you could choose your caterer, alcohol service, and ceremony location. Some of the other venue's restrictions regarding sourcing of alcohol were inconvenient and costly - eg, we looked at several that had licenses only for PA wines and beer, or only their own vineyard produced wines, etc. At moonstone you could provide your own alcohol, or your caterers choice, of any kind desired, including signature cocktails. I highly recommend using their catering if available - Food for Thought Catering. It is amazing!!

Amelia · Married on 07/06/2018

Our wedding was held at Moonstone Manor on Friday, July 6th. It was forecasted to thunderstorm every hour that day, but when our special day finally arrived, it rained only in the morning. The clouds parted, the sun shone and every single moment of the day was magic. It was as if something special happened for us that day--and the weather was just the start.
    Being the bride, your day whisks you around and you don't see all the effort that is made behind the scenes, but trust me, it was there. Moonstone Manor's staff helped set up, bustled around the kitchen to make our delicious Food for Thought treats and more.
    There were moments in passing that will stick with me. When my husband and I walked to our dessert table to cut our quaint cake--all the guests had a variety of cupcakes and candy choices, I noticed platters matching our decor that weren't ours, cake cutting tools that we didn't bring, and a fancier set up of the dessert table than I could have even imagined! This is just one of many touches I know Gina and her team put together for us. They will let no detail go untouched and won't allow anything, even clouds, to intrude on your day!
    Their catering team is awe.some! We had butlered hors d'ouvres, and while I know the guests enjoyed them as we were busy taking pictures, the staff didn't forget about us! We snuck shrimp, cheese tartlets and wine between our photos!

Mostly, I can't emphasize the special quality Gina brings to a wedding. The food is outstanding and the service exceptional, but there is just something special that comes with Moonstone that you must experience to understand. The setting is a dream. I booked it without viewing it since my husband and I live out-of-state. My family promised me it was a dream come true for an outdoor venue. A dream come true, indeed. I could not have planned a more perfect setting for our wedding.
    We love Gina, Mary, Amy and staff and feel blessed that they were part of our day. <3

Moonstone Manor 15
    Moonstone Manor 21
    Moonstone Manor 22
    Moonstone Manor 23

Gabriella · Married on 06/30/2018

Our wedding was on June 30th, 2018 and it couldn't have been better! Although it was one of the hottest days of the year, being at Moonstone made us forget all about the heat! We had our ceremony and reception at Moonstone and the staff was incredible throughout the day. They greeted us with a smile and made us feel like the most important people in the world. They were so accommodating to all of our needs and made sure from Day 1 that things would run smoothly and just the way we wanted them. We were able to enjoy our wedding without any worry knowing that the details and things in the background were being taken care of. The venue is gorgeous and the guests were in awe of the property and it's beauty. Gina and the staff at Moonstone were absolutely incredible and I cannot say enough great things about them. Moonstone Manor was the perfect venue for us and I wouldn't change a single thing about our wedding day! Thank you so much Moonstone Manor!!!

Moonstone Manor 24
    Moonstone Manor 25
    Moonstone Manor 26

Kendra · Married on 06/16/2018

Moonstone Manor was the PERFECT choice for our wedding. As soon as we had our first visit, we immediately fell in love. The property is extremely well maintained, and the backdrop of the creek for our ceremony was the perfect touch. The grounds and manor and sprinkled with hidden gems that your guests will enjoy. We received so many compliments on all of the details of the venue. The roses were in bloom for our wedding, making the archway one of the best features. After our wedding, we noticed a lot of our guests changed their profile pictures and/or cover photos on Facebook to ones that they took at the event. The minimum distance to the venue for our guests was an hour and half and they questioned why choose something so far, but that was only until they arrived. The staff at the venue were extremely accommodating throughout the planning process, as well as during our wedding. The new owners made a 3-room bridal suite since we first booked and it was a wonderful addition. My girls loved the atmosphere and space for getting ready. Having our wedding here absolutely made me feel like a princess and we could not have asked for a more beautiful venue! We highly recommend them!

Moonstone Manor 27
    Moonstone Manor 34
    Moonstone Manor 35
    Moonstone Manor 36

Celeste · Married on 06/10/2018

Moonstone Manor: NO PLACE LIKE THIS beautiful timeless venue. The site, the mansion, the grounds, the landscape, the rose-covered arches, 3 rooms for bridal party to prepare for the day, area for groom/groomsmen to relax & get ready, the lighted tent with 4 chandeliers included, open-air chapel accessed by small bridge close to the tent, refreshments, lunch & snacks available from Owner, Gina D'Ambrosio (who also owns Food for Thought Catering), & a responsive & available staff. Gina went above & beyond to care for our party. Our daughter planned her wedding ceremony by the river, but the rainy day forced the ceremony inside the chapel, which was even better (if that is possible). They even have 120 umbrellas if you need them! The wedding theme was "Enchantment in Literature in a Garden Setting." Moonstone Manor is incomparable. No other venue can match Moonstone Manor! You and your guests will never stop talking about it.

Sent on 06/15/2018

Moonstone Manor's reply:

Celeste, this brought tears to my eyes, truly. I am thrilled to know that you were so pleased with your experience at Moonstone Manor. We certainly enjoyed being a part of your families' special day, from lunch preparation to tending to all of your needs throughout the day and night. It was such a pleasure. My staff and I are still talking about how beautiful the wedding was and how kind and gracious all of the guests were. We received so many smiles and compliments and we appreciated that so much. Thank you so very much for this wonderful review, for mentioning all of the things that make a difference, and for being so wonderful to us. Blessings on Lauren and Ryan's marriage. We wish them continued happiness, love, and good health. Gina

Stefani · Married on 06/03/2018

This was the wedding beyond our dreams! This is absolutely the most beautiful venue and amazing staff!! The morning of had it's hiccups but the staff made sure we got what we needed and kept us calm, cool, and collected! I would completely do this all over again!! 10000000% recommended! Thank you Moonstine Manor for everything!!

Sent on 06/21/2018

Moonstone Manor's reply:

10000000% we would have you back to celebrate with us. Thank you so much for your lovely and positive comments. We loved hosting your wedding here at Moonstone Manor and we wish you the very best in your lives together. May love, peace, and happiness go where you go.
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 06/02/2018

Absolutely amazing!!! Couldn’t have asked for a better venue for our special day!!!

Sent on 06/12/2018
    Moonstone Manor 44
    Moonstone Manor 45
    Moonstone Manor 46

Moonstone Manor's reply:

We are so grateful for this wonderful review and wish you continued love and happiness in your lives. Blessings on your family and marriage.

carly · Married on 05/27/2018

My wife and I got married there last month and had an absolutely perfect day. The venue and grounds are insanely beautiful and our guests constantly told us how much they loved it there. We got married in the chapel which was so perfect for our vibe. The tent was fantastic and looked so pretty at night with the lights. All of the staff were so helpful yet not intrusive and let us have the day we wanted. Highly highly recommend this venue for all couples.

Sent on 06/13/2018

Moonstone Manor's reply:

Thank you for the amazing review and kind words. We certainly loved having you here at Moonstone to celebrate your special day. Love and joy filled the air as you celebrated with your friends and family. May you enjoy married life, caring for each other and making new memories. We wish you the very best.

Rick · Married on 05/25/2018

Unbelievable experience!! Words can not express how wonderful our sons wedding was!!! Amazing and highly recommended!!! Staff was very attentive and personable. They are now considered Family, we love them!!

Sent on 06/12/2018

Moonstone Manor's reply:

Rick, your family was so amazing and you and Melanie hosted a fabulous, fun-filled, 'step back in time', awesome weekend for your friends and family. I am so happy we were part of the festivities, both at our venue, and with being able to cater a meal for you on the night of the rehearsal. You were a terrific bartender...you are hired. :) Best wishes as your family grows and may you never forget the beautiful memories you made here with us.

Bonnie · Married on 05/20/2018

I started looking at wedding venues online soon after my daughter got engaged. I checked out several local ones but kept getting drawn to Moonstone Manor and for good reason. Our entire experience from the first meeting through the wedding itself was nothing short of fabulous. Gina was wonderful at guiding us through the entire process. Her years of experience assured me that we were in good hands. She was great at making suggestions but was very sensitive to our wishes. Moonstone Manor is breathtakingly beautiful and the grounds are the perfect setting for an outdoor wedding. We were so happy that the rain finally stopped and Sarah got to have her dream ceremony down by the creek. The staff was friendly and professional and went a long way towards making the day so enjoyable. Our guests could not say enough about how lovely everything was. Thank you Gina and staff for helping to create beautiful memories of Sarah and Ryne’s special day!

Alyssa · Married on 05/12/2018

The staff at Moonstone Manor were amazing anything we needed they were there for us! Our wedding was May 12 2018 and to this day people are still telling us how much they loved Moonstone and how amazing it was there. We highly recommend Moonstone Manor.

Sent on 06/10/2018

Moonstone Manor's reply:

Hi Alyssa, Thank you so much for this wonderful review. We so enjoyed having you and your friends and family here to celebrate your special day. You and Anthony were simply stunning and gracious and you hosted a beautiful wedding. It was a pleasure to witness so much happiness. Thank you for allowing us to serve you on one of the most important days of your lives. Best to you and please send pictures. :) Gina and staff!

Elise · Married on 04/28/2018

We had such an incredible wedding at Moonstone in April 2018! We were able to visit in person several times throughout the planning stages, and the staff were always able to answer any questions we had. It is a GORGEOUS venue, and all of our guests continue to rave about it. We had rain on our wedding day (right after the kiss!), and they were able to supply umbrellas and get our guests into the tent without any issues. We also had an easy rain plan with the covered chapel, but didn't need it. I cannot recommend this venue enough -- it is a magical place!

Brandie · Married on 04/14/2018

BEAUTIFUL!
    Moonstone Manor is a STUNNING venue any season you are there! we just married in april and our photos are out of this world! Gina and her staff are so welcoming and flexible with meetings and they are with you every step of the way! they respond quickly via email to any and all questions you have and they have a ton of suggestions to help make your wedding go as smoothly as possible! there isn't one thing that i would change or wish was different about our wedding! we cannot thank Moonstone enough!.

Sent on 05/01/2018
    Moonstone Manor 47
    Moonstone Manor 48
    Moonstone Manor 49

Moonstone Manor's reply:

Brandie, thank you so very much for this wonderful review. It means so much to me, and my staff, to know that you had the day of your dreams. You had a wonderful wedding celebration and we are thrilled that we could be a part of it. You and your family have a special place in my heart. It was especially awesome to see your dad all dressed up and looking dapper for the big day. I am happy he got to be a guest here. :) We wish you a lifetime of happiness and love as you embark on your journey as husband and wife. Come visit us. xo