Moonrise Hotel Reviews

38 | Saint Louis, MO

38 Reviews for Moonrise Hotel

38 Moonrise Hotel Reviews

jeff · Married on 10/06/2018

We used The Moonrise for our out of town guests and could not have been more pleased with every part of the process. They were easy to work with and very flexible when setting up the block of rooms. When the weekend arrived every guest was met with a high level of service from all of the staff. The rooms were extremely clean with every phase of hospitality done to perfection. The area around the hotel offered our guests many nice options. We would definitely use The Moonrise again.

• Eden

Eden · Married on 09/01/2018

The Moonrise made our special day even more special! Krista and her team are incredible. Our guests raved about the space- the venue, the service, the food, everything was incredible!! We trusted them the entire time to make sure our wedding was everything they dreamed of and they blew us away with the final result. We held both our ceremony and reception there and it was incredible! We cannot recommend the Moonrise for your wedding enough.

Moonrise Hotel 6
    Moonrise Hotel 13
    Moonrise Hotel 14
    Moonrise Hotel 15

Katherine · Married on 03/22/2018

Team Moonrise was amazing. Kevin made sure every last detail of the day was perfect. Jonathan and Amy helped me organize and coordinate everything from the menu to hotel rooms for my guests, nearly all of whom were coming from out of state (including me!) We had a tight budget and I was anxious about sticking with it, but never once did I feel pressured or "upsold." I just told them what I was trying to do and how much I had to pay for it, and they helped me find a way to make it happen. The wedding and reception both took place in the Twilight Room. Everything was beautiful and wonderful, the food was delicious and plentiful, and I couldn't be happier. Not only that, but Moonrise was extremely accommodating to one of my bridesmaids who uses a wheelchair. The entire hotel was very accessible, but they made sure to have our reception floorplan set up in a way that was easily maneuverable for her. These are truly good people with a fantastic venue. I cannot recommend them enough.

Moonrise Hotel 16

Vicki · Married on 10/28/2017

We had our son's wedding rehearsal dinner Saturday night in the Twilight Room at The Moonrise Hotel. I can't describe what a complete pleasure it was working with every single person of their staff. Wendy was an incredible help in planning/organizing our event. If I emailed her, she got back to me almost immediately! This was our first child to get married so I was completely new to all of this and I truly couldn't have done it without her. The night of the party, there was a huge accident on the highway and my husband and I were about 15 minutes late. For a party that WE were hosting. Yikes. I was frantically calling my best friend (who was already there) and she said the staff had everything under control. I had flower arrangements for the tables in our car and the second we pulled up to the hotel, there were two staff members waiting right there for us. They loaded everything onto a cart as the valet attendant took care of our car. They ushered the flowers (and us!) into an elevator and got us upstairs. Before I knew it, more staff were buzzing around us, taking the flowers to each table and helping us decorate quickly. I don't even think our guests noticed anything! Kevin and his team were amazing. I cannot say enough great things about him/his team. We had many rave reviews on the food - it was just delicious. The evening was seamless and many of our guests said things like "I never knew this was here-it's beautiful!" and "This place is so cool! It's so different!" and "What a great place to have something like this!" I could not have imagined a better rehearsal dinner for our son and (now!) daughter-in-law. It was far, far beyond my expectations. (I'm almost terrified at the thought of planning any future events without Wendy and Kevin!) The Twilight Room is stunning, by the way. The view of the city is just lovely, the room has gorgeous lighting and the atmosphere was just perfect.

Ashley · Married on 10/15/2017

The moonrise went above and beyond to make our day as special as possible. They were extremely accommodating and helpful. They were very easy to get and keep in contact with and responded immediately. I would highly recommend this location to anyone, it is gorgeous and worth every penny.

Derek · Married on 10/08/2017

Everything went as smooth as possible for our wedding. The view of the city from the roof in the Twilight room is amazing. The staff there was always super responsive.

d · Married on 10/07/2017

Amazing venue and phenomenal food!

Rachel · Married on 10/07/2017

I hosted a lunch at the Moonrise Hotel's Eclipse Restaurant the Friday before my wedding for my bridesmaids and family members who were in town. The staff at the Moonrise went out of their way to make it special by providing us a gorgeous private dining area (Gemini Room), exceptional wait staff, and yummy desserts. They were easy to work with and so considerate. We ordered off the menu for food and drinks. The food was delicious and very reasonably priced and their cocktails are creative and fun. It was the absolutely perfect way to kick off my wedding weekend!

Moonrise Hotel 17

JH · Married on 07/01/2017

Our guests stayed at Moonrise Hotel the weekend of our wedding plus we had our post-wedding brunch there in the Gemini Room. My now-husband and also stayed in a suite the night of our wedding and had the honeymoon package! I can't say enough about the hotel and the friendliness of everyone we dealt with.

Amy, Wendy, Krista, Erin were all SO friendly during all of our pre-wedding communication and during. Their cheerful and helpful personalities showed through on the phone, email, and in person. Kevin was so attentive and on the ball during our post-wedding brunch.

Our guests just raved about the hotel. They came from the east and west coasts and they loved the cool decor of the rooms and lobby combined with Midwestern hospitality. They loved the check-in drink on Friday. Several people raved about the mattresses.

We stayed at the hotel in a Walk of Fame suite the night of our wedding and it was luxury! The suite was just gorgeous and we loved the couch /living room area, the dining table, and the counter area in addition to our bedroom. Very cool furniture and lights plus great windows. The bathroom was spotless and the shower was fantastic. When we came back that night there were rose petals leading into the the bedroom and arranged in a heart on the bed. There were delicious chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of chilled champagne waiting for us on the dining table. It was such heaven staying there.

On Sunday we had a private brunch for our guests in the Gemini Room. It was the perfect size and there were bright windows. The brunch was not only laid out just so but each and every dish was delicious. The scrambled eggs were flavorful and perfectly cooked. The bacon was perfectly crisp and delicious and the homemade pastries were to die for. The chefs at Eclipse obviously know how to make food for a lot of people taste good – that's hard to do. Kevin was an absolute doll and oversaw everything to perfection.

I can't recommend Moonrise enough

M · Married on 10/08/2016

Beautiful venue for rehearsal dinner. Pleasant, professional staff. Easy to work with.

Lucy · Married on 07/16/2016

Wendy the catering director and Jonathan the sales coordinator were responsive and accommodating. E-mails were always answered right away, and I felt very comfortable planning from out of town on my own without a wedding planner. They were on top of pretty much everything, from room setup to arranging cake delivery with our baker.

For the wedding day, we wanted an intimate, low-key reception, and the New Moon Room next to the rooftop bar was perfect for that. Guests could chat and mingle on the rooftop with views of the Arch and the Loop below. Service was top notch and the guests raved about the drinks and food (we did the lamb shank and red snapper entrees - delicious and huge portions!). I would definitely recommend this space for anyone who wants a fun, funky, stress-free small to medium sized reception.

Stacy · Married on 06/11/2016

Moonrise Hotel is definitely the venue you want to celebrate your Wedding Day. We had the best experience ever. The staff was amazing. Kevin was amazing. He was courteous, patient, kind, genuine and really on top of it. Amy, Krista and Emann were awesome as well. Everyone was accommodating and truly made for the best memories. We can not say enough great things. The rooms were fantastic, we were able to check in early, the food was delicious, they were quick and reactive to change plans when we needed to change things up due to the heat, the bartenders were awesome, they helped set up and get things back to our rooms to clean up. Emann recommended we come back for our 1 year anniversary and I can honestly say that is what we want to do!!! It was the best night ever and we have Moonrise to thank for that!!

Gina · Married on 10/17/2015

We used the Moonrise as our block hotel and stayed there for the week leading up to our wedding. Great decision! Amy was very responsive about ensuring all of our random questions were quickly addressed- she even sent up a bottle of champagne for us on our wedding day!

Once we arrived, the entire staff could not have been more helpful. They helped ensure guests knew where to board the trolley to our wedding and allowed people to check in at all hours. We heard a ton of positive feedback from guests about the Moonrise- both in terms of the awesome decor and comfort, and the helpfulness of staff. Definitely recommend staying here!

• W

Wendy · Married on 10/03/2015

The entire staff, front to back of the house were excellent. Everyone goes out of their way to accommodate and make sure your special day is exactly what you want, big kudos to the event managers Amy, Krista and Kevin. The food, venue and staffing for my event were outstanding! If I may add, the hotel has excellent accommodations for out of town guests and suites for the special couple.

Elizabeth · Married on 09/18/2015

Everyone at the Moonrise was incredibly professional and accommodating. They made the entire process from planning to execution easy and painless. Our ceremony and reception were in the New Moon Room, and it worked perfectly as a beautiful and casual setting. All of the food was delicious. We are vegetarians and went heavy on the non-meat options, which were still hearty and satisfying. Desserts looked and tasted great. Overall wonderful atmosphere, food, and service.

Chelsea · Married on 08/01/2015

We didn't have our wedding at the Moonrise Hotel but did stay in a suite there and had a block of rooms. We were so impressed with Moonrise's staff, rooms, and amenities. A lot of our guests were from out of town, so they enjoyed being in a fun, walkable area that was close to our venue. They also enjoyed the rooftop terrace bar as a neat place to hang out and catch up the evening before and then as a fun bar to after-party at following the reception. We went back and forth about booking a block of rooms, but Moonrise's staff was incredibly helpful as we made that decision and worked out the details. We made quite a few changes along the way, but Amy was very responsive, helpful, and nice. We ended up being very happy that we booked the block because we reached the required number making one night free for our suite. Jake was also a huge help with getting our guests checked in and making them aware of transportation we would be providing. We were very pleased with our experience with Moonrise and look forward to staying there again.

The most amazing place to have a wedding and the staff went above and beyond! Highly recommended!!!!!

Angela · Married on 05/23/2015

We loved our wedding at the Moonrise. Everything was beautiful. The staff was fabulous - very courteous, professional and easy to work with throughout the entire process. Anytime I had an idea or design for the evening, they tried to find a way to accommodate it within their space. The food was great. We are still getting responses from our guests about how much the enjoyed the evening. I would host other events there again!

Justin · Married on 04/25/2015

My wife and I were married here last weekend. The staff was extremely attentive, friendly, and accommodating. Amy, Krista, and Kevin were our three points of contact for coordinating our huge event with over 100 guests. Our rooftop wedding went off without a hitch in especially difficult circumstances (rain most of the day). They ensured all of our outdoor seating was dry for our guests.

Our room was fantastic, and we really appreciated the dog friendly atmosphere. The entire staff from the valet to the front desk could not have been more accommodating with everything.

The food was excellent, serving staff was friendly and knowledgeable. I can't express my gratitude enough.

Sally · Married on 03/27/2015

I was so happy with the new moon room! The ambiance was exquisite...the view, the lighting, the chairs, tablecloths, planets, stars, the moon! The food was perfect and everyone enjoyed the bar and drink menu! Our guests thought it was the most unique, enjoyable rehearsal dinner they have ever been to, as did we! The service was A+ all night! Everyone made sure all our needs were met! Most importantly, my son and his bride to be were very impressed with the event in their honor!

Courtney · Married on 01/24/2015

We held our party in the New Moon room in January 2015 and could not have been more pleased! From the initial contact with Krista Johnson our party coordinator to all of the staff at the event we were blown away by the superior level of service. The facility was immaculate, and the furnishings were customized to fit our needs. The food was also customized to fit our needs and was excellent. They even boxed up the leftovers for us to enjoy at home. We had several guests stay at the hotel. The suites were spacious and very well appointed with comfortable linens and H2O bath supplies. The room was quiet and the bed was wonderful! We hosted a brunch as well as a dinner party the night before the event in the 1st floor Resturant. The food was excellent, and well-priced with a gourmet flair. The wait staff and bar tender were attentive and we thoroughly enjoyed our meals. I would definitely recommend the Moon Rise Hotel to my family and friends for their superior level of service and beautiful accommodations.

Highly recommended for a unique experience for your guests. Perfect contemporary venue in a historical part of the city!

Kristen · Married on 10/18/2014

Everyone at the Moonrise was incredibly friendly and helpful. They offer a variety of food and alcohol packages for parties, and they were very helpful in the planning of the event. They did a great job of making me feel like my business was about more than just a profit. They were also very upfront with projected costs; no hidden fees. Our room was amazing and they were very accommodating to us, as well as our guests. The Loop is such a great part of St. Louis, and the Moonrise made it so easy to share this with our out of town guests.

Matthew · Married on 05/24/2014

The staff and service were amazing! The newly open Moon Room was perfect, and food was great! Our guests had a great time, and all of our feedback from the guests was awesome. I would recommend this venue anytime!