Moonlight Melodies Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

• Stacy
    Stacy S. Married on 05/21/2022

We had a great time!

DJ Mike was amazing! He kept everyone on the dance floor by switching up the music, if one song didnt get people on the floor, he would do a 180 with music and BOOM the floor was full. I haven't talked to a single guest who hasn't said they had an amazing time.
    I would definitely and highly recommend Moonlight Melodies and DJ Mike. My son is getting married next year and I'm positive we will be hiring Moonlight Melodies and requesting DJ Mike.
    Thank you for helping to make our night unforgettable!
    Matt B. Married on 05/07/2022

Wedding DJ

Moonlight Melodies was absolutely fantastic and met all of our expectations and then some. We had an outdoor wedding with an inside reception and they were so flexible and willing to accommodate our every need! The vibes and positive energy made the dance floor alive and full! Would recommend 10/10 and would absolutely use them again in the future!

Hi Matt and Abby,
    Thank you so much for the positive review. I truly enjoyed celebrating your special day with you, your family, and your friends! In visiting with your friends at table 6, I met some wonderful people from Boothbay, Maine and Boston. Thank you for including me to be part of your wedding. I wish you both the absolute best in the future. I look forward to the day our paths cross again.
    Congratulations,
    M Steblay Married on 12/11/2021

Excellent service

We were very impressed with DJ Mike! We didn’t get to connect with him directly before we booked (talked to owner Jim), so we were a little hesitant at first. But his service was excellent! Mike also did the music for our ceremony- and it went perfectly smoothly without us even rehearsing. Comments from couple/guests were: “great playlist” “he catered the playlist to our preferences/style” “never took and break and kept people on the dance floor”. Very professional! Flexible in calling to connect/ hear our preferences before the day. Thanks Mike!

Hi Maria and Nate,
    Congratulations on your marriage! Thank you so much for your positive and detailed review! DJ Mike absolutely loved working with you both before your wedding with the planning of your ceremony and reception as well as at your event. He enjoyed your eclectic song choices as he assembled your playlists. He truly loves what he does!
    Best wishes for a bright future,
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Rick
    Rick S. Married on 12/11/2021

12/11/21 Sioux Falls

Amazing Mike! He never even took a break from playing. He listened to the bride and groom. He played the volume we agreed upon. He was a gentleman and very amenable! Hire him!!
    Ashley K. Married on 09/11/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Very good good communication very good service

Very excellent we had good communication and everything was timed very good.

Hi Ashley and Nick,
    Thank you so much for your awesome review. The time you took to review our performance will help other couples make their DJ decision much easier.
    I enjoyed spending the evening with you, your family, and friends! Nick's dance with Hadley really touched my heart.
    I wish you both a wonderful future with your new family!
    Thanks,
    Amber A. Married on 09/04/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Incredible DJ for an incredible night!

Music was SUCH a huge part of our wedding and Moonlight Melodies made certain that it all went smoothly and beautifully! Not only was everything perfectly timed, but the MC portion was equally perfect! Everyone adored Jim and we had tons of guests tell us they were actually jealous they hadn't hired him for their own weddings! Communication leading up to the day and throughout the day was phenomenal. Literally no complaints, was a fantastic experience!

Hi Amber and Juliana,
    I just want to thank you for taking the time to leave this wonderful review! I had a wonderful time entertaining for your special day. Your outdoor ceremony was absolutely beautiful. It sure was fun to spend the evening with your family and friends. Thanks for hiring me and for sharing this moment in your life with me. I wish you both the very best for your future.
    Colby K. Married on 06/12/2021

Best DJ Ever

Jim did an amazing job and made our night great! I couldn't recommend him enough.
  • Samantha
    Samantha J. Married on 06/04/2021

Jim is the man!

We loved every second of the reception because of Jim! We couldn't have picked a better DJ for our wedding day. He was very outgoing, flexible, and did an amazing job tending to our guests throughout the evening. He always had a smile on his face and was ready to celebrate with us all. I cannot recommend Jim enough!

Hi Samantha & Ben,
    Thank you so much for the wonder review you left! I had such a wonderful time entertaining your family and friends. I'm so glad you enjoyed the evening. Looking forward to seeing you again in October for another family wedding!
    Thanks again,
  • TyAnn
    Tyann U. Married on 11/28/2020

Would highly recommend

Jim was spectacular!!!! He was relaxing went with the flow and got everyone up and dancing. He was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

Hi TyAnn and Cody,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! I had a blast with your family and friends, even the bald guys. :-)

I was impressed with your family and friends who traveled from Wisconsin. Everyone was so much fun! I know we had to reschedule a few times during these uncertain times, but it was truly worth it. I'm so glad we were able to accommodate those changes so that we were still part of your wonderful celebration.

Thanks again for hiring us. I truly hope our paths cross again!

Tristan N. Married on 10/09/2020

Extravagant

Jim, you were a stunning DJ and we will recommend you to all of our friends and family. We appreciate you coming to the head table and talking with us. Your willingness to adapt to quick change helped us out immensely. We cannot thank you enough! Boogie on!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer W. Married on 09/12/2020

Best day, EVER!

Thank you so much to Jim!! He didn't absolutely amazing job for our wedding. He was very flexible and kept the party going all night my only regret is I didn't have him for longer!!

Moonlight Melodies's reply:

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our performance for your wedding ceremony and reception. It was an honor to spend the evening with you in Rapid City! Jennifer, we wish you and Levon the absolute best! You, your families, and your friends were so much fun. Hopefully our paths will cross again soon.
  • Brittany
    Brittany B. Married on 09/05/2020

excellent service

we had the greatest experience with Jim! He was amazing and got people up and moving all night. Would highly recommend.

Moonlight Melodies's reply:

Thank you so much, Brittany, for the wonderful review. You guys are such a great couple! I enjoyed entertaining for your friends and family. I wish you the very best for years to come.
    Jim
    Timothy R. Married on 08/15/2020

Jim the DJ

Jim was the bomb.com. He was super flexible and personable! He was there early and had everything set up quickly. Everything went off without a hitch. During a toast a song was mentioned and Jim had it playing in minutes.
    Thank you Jim!

Hi Hope and Tim,
    Thank you so much for the awesome review! You, your families, and friends were all so wonderful to work with. It's great that we're on a first name basis. Maybe Hope will let you listen to "Life is a Highway" again. 😁
    I wish you the very best!
  • Makenzi
    Makenzi H. Married on 07/04/2020

Amazing Experience!

Jim was so friendly and so willing to do any right to make our day so perfect! We loved having Moonlight Melodies as a part of our big day!!

Moonlight Melodies's reply:

Thank you, Makenzi, for such a wonderful review! Your outdoor ceremony was so beautiful. I truly did not want the party to end as I was having so much fun with your guests. Your celebration was well wroth the trip out to Spearfish. Thanks for hiring us!
    Brittney G. Married on 05/23/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Jim was awesome to work with

Jim was awesome to work with. He was very flexible and kept the flow of the reception going!!

Moonlight Melodies's reply:

Thank you, Brittney, so much for your wonderful review! I really enjoyed entertaining for you and Jesse, your families, and your friends. I wish you both the very best.
  • Katie
    Katie Married on 08/31/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Great service and fair price

This guy goes above and beyond being a DJ. He was so fun! All of our guest that he did a great job!

Moonlight Melodies's reply:

Thank you so much, Katie, for your kind words. I had a fantastic time entertaining your family and friends! I wish you and Derek the brightest future together. Jim
    Erlandson Married on 08/03/2019

So awesome!

Mike did a great job today! He kept the crowd excited. He picked up and relocated to our second location on time.

Moonlight Melodies's reply:

Thanks, Jon, for the fantastic review! We look forward to working with you again in the future. Mike had a blast!
    Tina M. Married on 06/08/2019

Fantastic Wedding DJ

Moonlight Melodies did a fantastic job picking out the music for our ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner and reception. Jim was so flexible with any changes to our schedule, requests from guests, and he even stayed later then planned!

Moonlight Melodies's reply:

Thank you, Tina, for your review of our services. Everyone really liked the photo booth. I enjoyed providing the entertainment for your family and friends as well as the sound and music for your outdoor ceremony. I wish you the very best for you and Justin!
    Dakotah Married on 09/22/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Jim was awesome to work with for our wedding! All of our favorites were played during our wedding dance and the dance floor was full all night. We had so many complements that the music was so good and the mood was just right all night long. We had an amazing time and so did all of our guests. He was very flexible when we needed him to come set up early because the ramp wouldn’t be accessible at the time he normally would set up. Jim dresses for the occasion and his DJ booth looks very professional. He listened to all of our special requests and chatted with our guests, so easy going! I would highly recommend Jim to DJ your special event or wedding.

Moonlight Melodies's reply:

Thank you, Dakotah, for such a wonderful review. It was so much fun providing the entertainment for your wedding reception. I wish the very best for you and Daniel.
    Kristen Married on 09/08/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Jim Greene is the owner/founder of Moonlight Melodies, who also happened to be my 6th grade teacher! I wanted a DJ I knew and Jim Greene was the man for it! He did an amazing job with song selection, speaking to guests, and making us feel important and cared for! Best DJ ever!

Moonlight Melodies's reply:

Thank you, Kristen, for this wonderful review. It truly was an honor to entertain at your wedding reception. Thank you for asking me to be part of your special day!
    Cameron Married on 08/03/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    DJ was great! He played all of the music we requested and more similar to our taste! I would recommend to anyone!
    Brittany Married on 06/22/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Mike did an awesome job! We would highly recommend him and Moonlight melodies to anyone looking for a DJ service.
    Allie Married on 05/26/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    WOW! Jim did an AMAZING job at our wedding. He was extremely reasonable for pricing and provided the highest quality of service. He was great to work with from beginning to end. Our dance floor was PACKED ALL NIGHT!!! He knew what the crowd wanted to hear. We were given a client portal to fill out with timeline, music requests, etc and that gave me a lot of peace of mind before the big day. Got so many compliments on the DJ. Seriously, there is no need to pay for DJ Jer, Pinnacle, etc. Jim did a better job than other weddings that had these DJs. Thanks for everything, Jim!! You helped make it the best day ever!!
    Allison Married on 10/14/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Both of the DJ from Moonlight Melodies were incredible. They reached out to us multiple times to make sure things were the way we wanted them. The website was incredibly easy to use to make sure our information was there and ready. Jim was so personable on the phone and was so eager to make sure our experience was amazing. DJ Mike did such a great job! The music was on point (there were always people on the dance floor), he did a great job doing exactly what we wanted, he listened to requests, he played the types of songs we wanted, and was just so very flexible. He also did awesome getting the crowd to the dance floor!!! We are so very pleased and couldn't have asked for a better experience. I will recommend these guys to everyone I meet!!!
    Doug A. Married on 10/07/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We hired Mike from Moonlight Melodies to DJ our daughter's wedding. He was so organized, professional and flexible either the music venue. He kept the energy at a high level yet mixed the playlist to meet the requests of all ages. Awesome!
illustration stars