Moonlight Melodies Reviews

49 | Hudson, SD

49 Reviews for Moonlight Melodies

Dakotah · Married on 09/22/2018

Jim was awesome to work with for our wedding! All of our favorites were played during our wedding dance and the dance floor was full all night. We had so many complements that the music was so good and the mood was just right all night long. We had an amazing time and so did all of our guests. He was very flexible when we needed him to come set up early because the ramp wouldn’t be accessible at the time he normally would set up. Jim dresses for the occasion and his DJ booth looks very professional. He listened to all of our special requests and chatted with our guests, so easy going! I would highly recommend Jim to DJ your special event or wedding.

Sent on 09/23/2018

Moonlight Melodies's reply:

Thank you, Dakotah, for such a wonderful review. It was so much fun providing the entertainment for your wedding reception. I wish the very best for you and Daniel. Jim Greene Moonlight Melodies LLC

Cameron · Married on 08/03/2018

DJ was great! He played all of the music we requested and more similar to our taste! I would recommend to anyone!

Brittany · Married on 06/22/2018

Mike did an awesome job! We would highly recommend him and Moonlight melodies to anyone looking for a DJ service.

Allie · Married on 05/26/2018

WOW! Jim did an AMAZING job at our wedding. He was extremely reasonable for pricing and provided the highest quality of service. He was great to work with from beginning to end. Our dance floor was PACKED ALL NIGHT!!! He knew what the crowd wanted to hear. We were given a client portal to fill out with timeline, music requests, etc and that gave me a lot of peace of mind before the big day. Got so many compliments on the DJ. Seriously, there is no need to pay for DJ Jer, Pinnacle, etc. Jim did a better job than other weddings that had these DJs. Thanks for everything, Jim!! You helped make it the best day ever!!

Allison · Married on 10/14/2017

Both of the DJ from Moonlight Melodies were incredible. They reached out to us multiple times to make sure things were the way we wanted them. The website was incredibly easy to use to make sure our information was there and ready. Jim was so personable on the phone and was so eager to make sure our experience was amazing. DJ Mike did such a great job! The music was on point (there were always people on the dance floor), he did a great job doing exactly what we wanted, he listened to requests, he played the types of songs we wanted, and was just so very flexible. He also did awesome getting the crowd to the dance floor!!! We are so very pleased and couldn't have asked for a better experience. I will recommend these guys to everyone I meet!!!

Doug and Shawn · Married on 10/07/2017

We hired Mike from Moonlight Melodies to DJ our daughter's wedding. He was so organized, professional and flexible either the music venue. He kept the energy at a high level yet mixed the playlist to meet the requests of all ages. Awesome!

Larissa · Married on 08/12/2017

Jim was so great to work with!

Sarah · Married on 07/14/2017

Moonlight Melodies provided an absolutely stunning experience at our wedding. The DJ, Dakota, was very attentive, catered to our needs, and carried us through the night with so much fun and enthusiasm. The music was very specialized, and they provided everything we requested. In addition, the music quality was phenomenal and the light set-up colorful and unique. Thank you for making our wedding day absolutely perfect!!

Elaine · Married on 06/10/2017

Pour dj was awesome! We LOVE moonlight melodies!

Greg · Married on 06/10/2017

Fantastic! Jim was great about communicating and even as we added details in the days leading up to our reception, he had no problem making it happen. Moonlight Memories' website made customizing ensuring the music we wanted made our dance extra special. The dance floor stayed busy and we loved every song. Absolutely made it a dance to never forget!

Roni · Married on 03/04/2017

We had Jim for our dj at our wedding and he did great!! Highly recommend moonlight melodies to anyone looking for a dj!

Sent on 03/13/2017

Moonlight Melodies's reply:

Thank you, Roni, for the wonderful review. I truly had a wonderful time entertaining for your family and friends. I wish you two the absolute best as you make your way through this wonderful world together!

Alex · Married on 10/08/2016

Our DJ was above and beyond. We had a malfunction during a video and there was no sound, and the DJ saved there day by playing his music over the video. I thought that spending $1000 for a DJ always seemed a little crazy, but Mike was worth every penny and then some.

Jennifer · Married on 09/17/2016

Jim at Moonlight Melodies was the best!! He did the music for our outside ceremony and was our DJ and was amazing! Very professional and fun! We had compliments on how friendly he was and the music was great. We highly recommend Moonlight Melodies for your special events! Thank You Jim!!!

My wife and I were very impressed with Moonlight Melodies at our wedding. We received several compliments about our DJ. He kept the crowd entertained and everyone seemed to enjoy the reception! I would highly recommend them to anyone planning an event in the future, you won't be disappointed.

I would definitely recommend Moonlight Melodies to anyone looking for an amazing DJ. He did such a great job at our wedding!! Our dance floor was packed until it was time for us to shut down. He did so many fun things throughout the night- some of our guests told us that our DJ was the best they had ever seen at a wedding!

Sent on 09/02/2016

Moonlight Melodies's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review and kind words! I truly had so much fun at your wedding! I hope the wind is always at your back and the sun shine on you always!

Andrew · Married on 07/30/2016

Picking a DJ is a huge part of planning for a wedding. My advice is to chose Jim at Moonlight Melodies and you will not regret it. We were very picky about the music and Jim rocked it, he even let the bride do some Karaoke! He was very well presented, had good equipment, and was very enthusiastic, friendly and kept the dance floor rocking right until the end.
    Couldn't have asked for better.

Cheers!
    Danielle and Andrew

Shannon · Married on 07/16/2016

We researched several DJs in the Sioux Falls and surrounding area before we chose Moonlight Melodies, and we're so glad we did! Not only is Jim the most reasonably priced, he also provides top-notch service and is extremely friendly and easygoing. We loved that we could customize the services by choosing specific songs online, as well as how many hours, lighting options, etc. In addition, Jim was very professional in his email communications, which is always appreciated. Please consider Moonlight Melodies for your wedding--you won't be disappointed!

Karli · Married on 06/04/2016

Working with Jim was such a breez. He did everything we asked of him and then some! He played all the songs we requested and our guests requested. If he didn't have the song he went and bought it right on the spot. Our guests said he was so polite and easy to talk to and he played a great variety of music. I will be recommending him to everyone that is looking for a dj!

Josh · Married on 05/07/2016

They did a great job of keeping the music flowing by how the crowd was into it. Went very smoothly and would recommend to future couples.

Casey · Married on 08/01/2015

Great DJ I will recommend these guys to everyone I know!

Maggie · Married on 07/24/2015

Working with Jim at Moonlight Melodies was easy, flexible and fun! From when I made my initial inquiry with Jim through the big day, he was available for questions and very timely on email responses.

One feature we loved about Moonlight Melodies was the fact we had an "online customer portal" where we were able to schedule out the exact music we wanted played throughout our night. It was easy and helped put my mind at ease. We had some last minute scheduling changes the week of the wedding, and Jim went with the flow and adjusted his schedule to match ours. It was perfect.

Throughout the dance, Jim did a great job of reading the crowd and took multiple requests from our family, friends, and us!

I've heard nothing but good things from our reception and the music made it what it was.

Jim- thank you again for everything! I will be recommending you to our engaged friends in the Midwest :)

Hire this gentleman. You would not be disappointed.

Lynne · Married on 06/26/2015

We hired Mr Mike Jones and he did a fantastic job! He was so accommodating and had a vast array of music to choose from. The dance went very smoothly, he knew just what to play at just the right time. I would recommend him to anyone!

It was a great reception, excellent music & kept the guest dancing! Had many compliments on the DJ and the music!!! There was always people on the dance floor! What I liked best, the music was not so loud you could not visit with the people at your table, it was great! I don't like yelling when I am visiting with friends and relatives we have not seen in a while, so it was all good! We were very satisfied, and will be recommending you to anyone that is questioning us about music for an event!!! Kudos for Moonlight Melodies!!!

thank you so much~ many memories were made!!!