Monzu Bakery & Custom Cakes Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner

• Lindsey
    Lindsey K. Married on 09/24/2021

Great cake for wedding

We got this small cake for our wedding to cut. It tasted and looked amazing!
  • Tammy
    Tammy Married on 09/04/2021

Honestly the Best Cupcakes Ever!!! Hire them!!

I first learned of Monzu bakery at a bridal show in Green Bay as I was planning my wedding day. Out of all the other bakery booths that was at the show, I thought Monzu was by far, the best. I was not wrong. During the planning process, we would travel to Green Bay to handle lots of things for our upcoming wedding and as often as we could, we would stop at Monzu to buy some delicious treats. Everything was ALWAYS over the top scrumptious! Our wedding cupcakes were just as delicious as we knew they would be and many guests raved about them to us! I highly recommend Monzu Bakery for any event in your life. I'm not sure what their secret is but you won't be disappointed!! Yum!!! 😊
    Amanda Married on 10/10/2020

Beautiful display

Everything was set up so perfect. The flavors were fantastic and everyone loved them
    Claudia M. Married on 11/15/2019

Best cupcakes and cake ever!!

My mouth is watering thinking about the cakes and cupcakes Monzu made for our wedding. Guests were speaking so highly of the flavors for everything. Monzu was very easy to work with and even gave us some ideas we didn’t think of. The customer service was OUTSTANDING!! I cannot wait to eat here again and hopefully use them again in the future for any other special events we have.
  • Kaara
    Kaara Married on 11/09/2019

Best cake I've ever had and I'm a snob

I kid you not... THE BEST CAKE I'VE EVER HAD IN MY LIFE!! So I am not interested in plain old flavors. I spent a summer in France and had French baked goods regularly so my standards are high. Monzu ABSOLUTELY nailed it. I told them I wanted to sample their quirkiest flavors and they absolutely delivered. Their buttercream is out of this world and their piping was exquisite. Best bakery I've ever been to.
    Leslie L. Married on 09/20/2019

Delightful Wedding Cupcakes

Super late with this review, but Jenn and the rest of the Monzu crew did a wonderful job for my September 2019 wedding! From our initial consult on wedding cupcakes, to the delivery the day of our wedding, working with them was a breeze. The cupcakes themselves were AMAZING. I don't think you can go wrong with any flavor. The decorations were so classy, and I loved how the decorator was able to tie in some copper details-- an accent I used throughout the rest of the wedding decor. So many compliments from our guests! Highly recommend Monzu Bakery!
  • Jenna
    Jenna R. Married on 08/10/2019

Best Cake Ever

This was hands down the best cake I have ever tasted. They were so easy to work with and their baking skills are outstanding. Plus, the cake looked absolutely beautiful and exactly what I had asked for/envisioned. 10/10
    Julia Married on 07/20/2019

Hire Monzu!

I ordered an 8" cake for cutting and sheet cakes for serving to guests. My 8" cake looked exactly like the Pinterest photo I sent them and it tasted soooo good. We had three different flavors and the cake was moist and delicious. Thank you Monzu!! I'll be hiring you in the future!
  • Dustin
    Dustin J. Married on 07/06/2019

A stunning and delicious cake

My wife and I loved working with Monzú for our wedding cake. We contacted them head of our first visit, and they prepared several cake samples for us to try. Upon our arrival at Monzú for our tasting, they were ready with our samples and lead us through the cake selection process. They worked with us to find a gorgeous cake design that fit our budget perfectly. We chose a cake with three different cake flavors to ensure our guests could find something they liked. On our wedding day, the cake arrived and was perfectly prepared. It was beautiful and delicious. We would definitely work with Monzú again.
  • Myrtie
    Myrtie Married on 06/15/2019

Delicious in Every Way

We were so happy with the whole experience we got to have working with Jenn at Monzu. The cake tasting was fun and super yummy. She asked all the right questions, and delivery was right on time. She even helped place the flowers on top of the cake. So happy we chose Monzu, everyone loved the cake.
  • Shannon
    Shannon Married on 10/20/2018

Excellent Flavor

Monzu had the most options for cake flavors and they were the best tasting cakes out of the others we tried in the area. I'm pretty picky about desserts, especially cakes, but Monzu really delivered in the flavor category. We had a simple design and it looked great.
    Carrie Married on 09/22/2018

Really worth it!

We had a wonderful experience working with Angie. She was willing to be flexible during the planning process with meeting in person or over the phone to go over details. We had so much fun with her at our engagement photo session as well as the wedding day. We really appreciated how she seemed to enjoy the day as much as we did! She went the extra mile for us with doing a speed round of photos at the wedding (one with each of 24 tables within 3 minutes), and the pictures turned out great! That was a huge hit. We are very pleased how all of our wedding photos turned out and are happy to have them for years to come. We highly recommend working with her!
    Kelly Married on 09/08/2018
    Jen and her team were very easy to work with and made a delicious and pretty set of cakes for our wedding. Right now, I’m looking forward to my anniversary because that means more cake! I’m glad it’s a local shop so I can stop in for a treat whenever I want.
    Lorena Married on 07/07/2018
    We ordered a cake for our Wedding. Despite the fact that it was kind of a last minute order, they were able to accommodate. The person behind the counter was very helpful in assisting us. (Can't remember her name though :/ ) For the design, we just showed her a picture of what we wanted and we got what we were looking for and more! The edible flowers were gorgeous and the whole thing was delicious! We got a lot of compliments on the cake, both, on the way it looked and on the flavor.
    We are exceptionally pleased and would definitely recommend this bakery!
    Abby Married on 06/23/2018
    Wow! What a delicious cake! We tried one other cake place, and were not impressed, but once we tasted a few options that Monzu had, we were sold! We had a small cake for us to cut - they arranged fresh flowers on it beautifully), and did sheet cakes for our guests. I was a little worried that the cake slices were on the small side, but it ended up being okay since the cakes are so rich - plus this gave guests the opportunity to try a few different flavors if they wished. We had white chocolate raspberry, peach melba, and chocolate peanut butter. They were all delicious! Lots of happy guests!
    Kristy Married on 05/27/2018
    Our cake was amazing! It tasted just as incredible as it looked! Honestly, the cake was a work of art. We had 3 different flavors and they were all excellent. We loved working with Monzú!
    Jentzen Married on 03/10/2018
    Super awesome to work with, quick to address any concerns and open to the ideas we had. Price was phenomenal compared to the other bakeries in the area, and they went the extra mile with hand painting the chocolates on top of oue cupcakes (we hadn’t discussed it).
  • User2995308 2+ years ago
    They are AMAZING!!!!! Phenomenal cake flavors, creative cake designer, and just really made me feel at ease throughout the planning process!
    Alicia Married on 09/23/2017
    We used Monzu Bakery for our Wedding in Door County. We really wanted cake pops and they were the only bakery I could find that made them in large quantities. There were numerous flavors to choose from and they were all delicious! We choose Cherry Cordial and Cookies and Cream. All our guests loved them! We also had a small cake to go along with the Cake Pops. Everyone I dealt with was very friendly, prompt, and attentive to our needs. We had a slight issue with the weather and delivery (it was unseasonably hot for September) and the Cake Pops did not hold up on the sticks during delivery. The Bakery was VERY accommodating with the issue and refunded a portion of our bill to compensate. They were amazing! I would highly recommend! Great staff and treats!
  • Kailey
    Kailey Married on 09/09/2017
    As amazing as it always is! Everything looked beautiful, exactly how I had asked, and tasted even better. We ordered 150 cupcakes for our 115 guests, and we had less than 15 left over by the end of the night. The amount of people that were telling me, and are still telling me, about how great they tasted and how they were the best cupcake they have ever had is overwhelming. Even people that don't like cake or sweets thoroughly enjoyed these cupcakes. Flavors we got were Carrot Cream Cheese, White soaked in Passion Fruit Rum with Passion Fruit Buttercream, and Chocolate Mint.
    Erin Married on 09/03/2017
    Both cakes from Monzu Bakery were amazing! We had a wonderful birch tree wedding cake with layers of grasshopper & cherry lemonade and a groom’s golf ball cake that was red velvet. Everyone raved over how great it was! They were truly fabulous cakes! Highly recommended!
    Kristi Married on 07/01/2017
    The cake looked great! It fit our theme and style. Everyone complimented us on the cake and how moist it was. Monzu offers a lot of different flavors to match your preference. They worked with our florist and arranged everything beautifully at the reception hall. We didn't have to worry about a thing.
    Joe Married on 06/10/2017
    Without question, this is THE place to go for your wedding cake. We absolutely loved it... and so did our guests! We did a small tiered cake (Triple Vanilla Creme Brulee) and then had sheet cakes made (Triple Vanilla Creme Brulee and Carrot Rum). Exceptional presentation and taste.

When you do your cake consultation you can do a taste test of several choices. The tasting cost gets applied to your final bill... so in essence it's a free tasting.

We will be back for cakes/cupcakes!
    Diane Married on 11/12/2016
    I can't say enough good things about Monzu. Jennifer made everything very easy and it was easy to trust that she knew exactly what she was doing and she understood what I was looking for. I got my husbands "Groom's Cake" here which was a huge Stanley Cup. It was a HUGE hit at our wedding and I couldn't believe how great it turned out and how good it tasted!
    Ranee Married on 09/17/2016
    Absolutely loved the cupcakes they made for our wedding! Jennifer and her staff are extremely helpful and very professional. We waited until the last minute to look for a bakery as we forgot this very important detail. They were able to make our date work and were so helpful in walking us through the process. We had tried a couple cupcakes before our big day and they were amazing!!! The flavors we went with for the big day were: Strawberry Daquiri, Carrot with Cream Cheese and Red Velvet with Cream Cheese... all were delicious and our guests loved them!! Thank you so much for making our day perfect!!