Monzu Bakery & Custom Cakes (Bistro) Reviews

60 | Green Bay, WI

60 Reviews for Monzu Bakery & Custom Cakes (Bistro)

60 Monzu Bakery & Custom Cakes (Bistro) Reviews

Kelly · Married on 09/08/2018

Jen and her team were very easy to work with and made a delicious and pretty set of cakes for our wedding. Right now, I’m looking forward to my anniversary because that means more cake! I’m glad it’s a local shop so I can stop in for a treat whenever I want.

Lorena · Married on 07/07/2018

We ordered a cake for our Wedding. Despite the fact that it was kind of a last minute order, they were able to accommodate. The person behind the counter was very helpful in assisting us. (Can't remember her name though :/ ) For the design, we just showed her a picture of what we wanted and we got what we were looking for and more! The edible flowers were gorgeous and the whole thing was delicious! We got a lot of compliments on the cake, both, on the way it looked and on the flavor.
    We are exceptionally pleased and would definitely recommend this bakery!

Abby · Married on 06/23/2018

Wow! What a delicious cake! We tried one other cake place, and were not impressed, but once we tasted a few options that Monzu had, we were sold! We had a small cake for us to cut - they arranged fresh flowers on it beautifully), and did sheet cakes for our guests. I was a little worried that the cake slices were on the small side, but it ended up being okay since the cakes are so rich - plus this gave guests the opportunity to try a few different flavors if they wished. We had white chocolate raspberry, peach melba, and chocolate peanut butter. They were all delicious! Lots of happy guests!

Kristy · Married on 05/27/2018

Our cake was amazing! It tasted just as incredible as it looked! Honestly, the cake was a work of art. We had 3 different flavors and they were all excellent. We loved working with Monzú!

Monzu Bakery & Custom Cakes (Bistro) 1

Jentzen · Married on 03/10/2018

Super awesome to work with, quick to address any concerns and open to the ideas we had. Price was phenomenal compared to the other bakeries in the area, and they went the extra mile with hand painting the chocolates on top of oue cupcakes (we hadn’t discussed it).

Monzu Bakery & Custom Cakes (Bistro) 2
    Monzu Bakery & Custom Cakes (Bistro) 3
    Monzu Bakery & Custom Cakes (Bistro) 4
  • User6631296 · Recently married

They are AMAZING!!!!! Phenomenal cake flavors, creative cake designer, and just really made me feel at ease throughout the planning process!

Alicia · Married on 09/23/2017

We used Monzu Bakery for our Wedding in Door County. We really wanted cake pops and they were the only bakery I could find that made them in large quantities. There were numerous flavors to choose from and they were all delicious! We choose Cherry Cordial and Cookies and Cream. All our guests loved them! We also had a small cake to go along with the Cake Pops. Everyone I dealt with was very friendly, prompt, and attentive to our needs. We had a slight issue with the weather and delivery (it was unseasonably hot for September) and the Cake Pops did not hold up on the sticks during delivery. The Bakery was VERY accommodating with the issue and refunded a portion of our bill to compensate. They were amazing! I would highly recommend! Great staff and treats!

• Kailey

Kailey · Married on 09/09/2017

As amazing as it always is! Everything looked beautiful, exactly how I had asked, and tasted even better. We ordered 150 cupcakes for our 115 guests, and we had less than 15 left over by the end of the night. The amount of people that were telling me, and are still telling me, about how great they tasted and how they were the best cupcake they have ever had is overwhelming. Even people that don't like cake or sweets thoroughly enjoyed these cupcakes. Flavors we got were Carrot Cream Cheese, White soaked in Passion Fruit Rum with Passion Fruit Buttercream, and Chocolate Mint.

Erin · Married on 09/03/2017

Both cakes from Monzu Bakery were amazing! We had a wonderful birch tree wedding cake with layers of grasshopper & cherry lemonade and a groom’s golf ball cake that was red velvet. Everyone raved over how great it was! They were truly fabulous cakes! Highly recommended!

Monzu Bakery & Custom Cakes (Bistro) 5
    Monzu Bakery & Custom Cakes (Bistro) 6
    Monzu Bakery & Custom Cakes (Bistro) 7

Kristi · Married on 07/01/2017

The cake looked great! It fit our theme and style. Everyone complimented us on the cake and how moist it was. Monzu offers a lot of different flavors to match your preference. They worked with our florist and arranged everything beautifully at the reception hall. We didn't have to worry about a thing.

Joe · Married on 06/10/2017

Without question, this is THE place to go for your wedding cake. We absolutely loved it... and so did our guests! We did a small tiered cake (Triple Vanilla Creme Brulee) and then had sheet cakes made (Triple Vanilla Creme Brulee and Carrot Rum). Exceptional presentation and taste.

When you do your cake consultation you can do a taste test of several choices. The tasting cost gets applied to your final bill... so in essence it's a free tasting.

We will be back for cakes/cupcakes!

Diane · Married on 11/12/2016

I can't say enough good things about Monzu. Jennifer made everything very easy and it was easy to trust that she knew exactly what she was doing and she understood what I was looking for. I got my husbands "Groom's Cake" here which was a huge Stanley Cup. It was a HUGE hit at our wedding and I couldn't believe how great it turned out and how good it tasted!

ranee · Married on 09/17/2016

Absolutely loved the cupcakes they made for our wedding! Jennifer and her staff are extremely helpful and very professional. We waited until the last minute to look for a bakery as we forgot this very important detail. They were able to make our date work and were so helpful in walking us through the process. We had tried a couple cupcakes before our big day and they were amazing!!! The flavors we went with for the big day were: Strawberry Daquiri, Carrot with Cream Cheese and Red Velvet with Cream Cheese... all were delicious and our guests loved them!! Thank you so much for making our day perfect!!

Kylie · Married on 09/10/2016

Our wedding cake was amazing, people commented all night that they wish they had more. The flavors that we had were: triple vanilla creme brûlée, strawberry shortcake, double chocolate caramel truffle, and red velvet. Monzu was more than accommodating with our tasting and any changes and additions that we made prior to the wedding. I will be going to Monzu for any cake in the future! They also did a surprise groom's cake for our wedding rehearsal dinner and they did a replica of our dog, it was seriously AMAZING at how similar the picture looked to the cake and how good the cake tasted.

Natasha · Married on 06/17/2016

Monzu Bakery was absolutely amazing to work with!! My husband and I hired them to do our wedding cake for our wedding in Door County, WI on 6/17/16. Jennifer worked with us to schedule a tasting---SOOOO DELICIOUS! The tasting cake flavors were all so delicious and moist!! We picked 2 flavors for our 3 tier cake and were so disappointed we didn't order a bigger cake!!! We wanted leftovers :)!! We received so many compliments at our wedding. Definitely recommend this bakery!

• Marissa

Marissa · Married on 06/11/2016

Monzu is a great bakery with a ton to offer. I have picked up gluten free items a few times for events and they taste fantastic. They are one of few bakery's that actually make gluten free items. Don't get me wrong their cakes and cupcakes are amazing, but it's great to give the bakery props for making other items not as well know! Their macaroons are to die for!

We had a family friend do gourmet cupcakes instead of a big wedding cake. I still wanted a cake (for pictures) and thought a Groom's cake was a great idea! Being an out of town bride from Kansas, I searched for cake places on Google and found Monzu. Very quick to respond to my e-mails and was very flexible and understanding that I couldn't be there to come into the shop. She made it KU themed and my fiancé LOVED it :) Some of our guests were quite jealous! It was very reasonable and I'd highly recommend!

Ahnna · Married on 05/07/2016

OUTSTANDING!! Jenn is wonderful to work with and can make any idea happen. We didn't go traditional with our cake - we had cupcakes and cake pops instead. We received so many compliments on them about how cute they were and now unbelievable they tasted!! We wouldn't recommend anyone other than Monzu for any bakery needs!

Tim and Ahnna Dexter

It was a pleasure with Monzu for our fall wedding. Best cupcakes we've ever had! We had 5 different flavors, each with a different design on each, and they were all incredible. Peach Melba is my favorite!

Jennifer · Married on 10/03/2015

Monzu was very easy to work with. They asked a lot of questions about my wedding theme, and dress, and made a cake that matched perfectly. Everyone was asking me where my cake was from because it was so delicious.
    The amount of flavor choices they have can match anyone's taste! I would highly recommend them to anyone. I often stop there for their mini cakes just to snack!

Monzu was able to meet all of requests. We had a destination wedding in Green Bay and they really helped us make our process go smoothly. The desserts looked and tasted great. My husband also loved his Groom's cake, (Packer's Themed)! They set it all up beautifully. The pricing was also very fair. Monzu also is very creative with detail and made each cupcake very unique.

Stephanie · Married on 06/26/2015

I shopped around quite a bit before finally settling on Monzu. The pricing was fair, the communication was fast, and the cupcakes were delicious. I heard great feedback from my guests about our cupcakes.

Ashley · Married on 05/30/2015

Jen was great, very fun and sweet! Her cupcakes and cake were delicious the carrot rum is my favorite! Thanks for everything!

Elizabeth · Married on 05/29/2015

From the design to the flavors, I couldn't have asked for a better experience! We received so many compliments from our guests

Theresa · Married on 08/22/2014

Monzu cake is the best I have ever tasted. We did not even go and try other cake places because of the experience that I have had with them. Everyone that I have known who have gotten married has used them and I knew that was the place I wanted. Jenn helped us figure out exactly what we wanted to do. They delivered the cake for us to our reception hall and it all went perfect. Thank you very much!