57 Reviews for Monzu Bakery & Custom Cakes (Bistro)

4.7
Cake Pops (2)
Lactose Free (1)
57 Monzu Bakery & Custom Cakes (Bistro) Reviews

0.5

After a six week wait for a wedding consult and cake tasting we were treated like an interruption and left alone. The air of superiority when you enter the little bakery is swiftly recognized as undeserved upon tasting the sub-par cupcakes they serve in a plastic cup for $5 a piece. Meanwhile in their display case I could’ve paid $2 more to eat a an actual mini cake to my disappointment in the comfort of my own home months earlier. Even if the product was above average the non-existent and down right rude customer service leaves a horrible taste in your mouth. Save your time and skip this spot- the hype over Monzu was not validated in my opinion. Overall we had an unfortunate and slightly stressful/uncomfortable experience in the bakery, driven primarily by the staff member with the green highlights in her hair.

Photo for Monzu Bakery & Custom Cakes (Bistro) Review - $5
Profile Picture Shellady, 10/26/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Consultations, Cakes

Our cake was amazing! It tasted just as incredible as it looked! Honestly, the cake was a work of art. We had 3 different flavors and they were all excellent. We loved working with Monzú!

Profile Picture Kristy, 5/27/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Gluten Free, Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

Super awesome to work with, quick to address any concerns and open to the ideas we had. Price was phenomenal compared to the other bakeries in the area, and they went the extra mile with hand painting the chocolates on top of oue cupcakes (we hadn’t discussed it).

Photo for Monzu Bakery & Custom Cakes (Bistro) Review - the complete display
Photo for Monzu Bakery & Custom Cakes (Bistro) Review - a close up of a couple cupcakes and the chocolate molds
Photo for Monzu Bakery & Custom Cakes (Bistro) Review - close up of the wedding cake (fondont)
Profile Picture Jentzen, 3/10/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Everything was great! All of the meetings went smoothly and they even helped me surprise my husband with an airplane cake of the plane he is currently learning to fly! The people and staff are great and the cake tasted amazing!

Profile Picture Autumn, 11/3/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes, Groom's Cake

They are AMAZING!!!!! Phenomenal cake flavors, creative cake designer, and just really made me feel at ease throughout the planning process!

Profile Picture User6631296, Recently Married, 10 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We got so many compliments about the cake!! Not only was it beautiful but it tasted amazing! Almost a week after our wedding I still have guests asking where it came from! They were prompt with all communication and our reception was held somewhere they have never been but they were willing to work with the vendor for an efficient delivery. My only complaint is that they didn't mark down that we ordered the trial cakes. That cost was supposed to come off of the total at the end but they never marked it down and I couldn't find the receipt. It was fantastic though!

Profile Picture Melissa, 9/23/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Custom Design, Cakes

We used Monzu Bakery for our Wedding in Door County. We really wanted cake pops and they were the only bakery I could find that made them in large quantities. There were numerous flavors to choose from and they were all delicious! We choose Cherry Cordial and Cookies and Cream. All our guests loved them! We also had a small cake to go along with the Cake Pops. Everyone I dealt with was very friendly, prompt, and attentive to our needs. We had a slight issue with the weather and delivery (it was unseasonably hot for September) and the Cake Pops did not hold up on the sticks during delivery. The Bakery was VERY accommodating with the issue and refunded a portion of our bill to compensate. They were amazing! I would highly recommend! Great staff and treats!

Profile Picture Alicia, 9/23/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cake Pops, Cakes, Cake Stands, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Private Tastings

As amazing as it always is! Everything looked beautiful, exactly how I had asked, and tasted even better. We ordered 150 cupcakes for our 115 guests, and we had less than 15 left over by the end of the night. The amount of people that were telling me, and are still telling me, about how great they tasted and how they were the best cupcake they have ever had is overwhelming. Even people that don't like cake or sweets thoroughly enjoyed these cupcakes. Flavors we got were Carrot Cream Cheese, White soaked in Passion Fruit Rum with Passion Fruit Buttercream, and Chocolate Mint.

Profile Picture Kailey, 9/9/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cake Stands, Cakes, Cupcakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

Both cakes from Monzu Bakery were amazing! We had a wonderful birch tree wedding cake with layers of grasshopper & cherry lemonade and a groom’s golf ball cake that was red velvet. Everyone raved over how great it was! They were truly fabulous cakes! Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Erin, 9/3/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Groom's Cake, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

The cake looked great! It fit our theme and style. Everyone complimented us on the cake and how moist it was. Monzu offers a lot of different flavors to match your preference. They worked with our florist and arranged everything beautifully at the reception hall. We didn't have to worry about a thing.

Profile Picture Kristi, 7/1/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cake Stands, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes, Gluten Free

Without question, this is THE place to go for your wedding cake. We absolutely loved it... and so did our guests! We did a small tiered cake (Triple Vanilla Creme Brulee) and then had sheet cakes made (Triple Vanilla Creme Brulee and Carrot Rum). Exceptional presentation and taste.

When you do your cake consultation you can do a taste test of several choices. The tasting cost gets applied to your final bill... so in essence it's a free tasting.

We will be back for cakes/cupcakes!

Profile Picture Joe, 6/10/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

Our wedding cake turned out perfectly thank to Monzu! We went in with a very vague idea of what we wanted and they helped us create an amazing cake. They have a huge variety of flavors. I highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Kayla, 6/3/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Cake Stands, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

I can't say enough good things about Monzu. Jennifer made everything very easy and it was easy to trust that she knew exactly what she was doing and she understood what I was looking for. I got my husbands "Groom's Cake" here which was a huge Stanley Cup. It was a HUGE hit at our wedding and I couldn't believe how great it turned out and how good it tasted!

Profile Picture Diane, 11/12/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes, Custom Design
3.4

while the product is absolutely amazing, the owner is not very helpful. At my consultation she barely suggested things, and my mother was the one that was full of ideas and suggestions instead of the other way around. I have tried getting ahold of them for awhile now without any response.

Profile Picture User6760733, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cupcakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Cake Stands

Absolutely loved the cupcakes they made for our wedding! Jennifer and her staff are extremely helpful and very professional. We waited until the last minute to look for a bakery as we forgot this very important detail. They were able to make our date work and were so helpful in walking us through the process. We had tried a couple cupcakes before our big day and they were amazing!!! The flavors we went with for the big day were: Strawberry Daquiri, Carrot with Cream Cheese and Red Velvet with Cream Cheese... all were delicious and our guests loved them!! Thank you so much for making our day perfect!!

Profile Picture ranee, 9/17/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cupcakes, Cake Stands

Our wedding cake was amazing, people commented all night that they wish they had more. The flavors that we had were: triple vanilla creme brûlée, strawberry shortcake, double chocolate caramel truffle, and red velvet. Monzu was more than accommodating with our tasting and any changes and additions that we made prior to the wedding. I will be going to Monzu for any cake in the future! They also did a surprise groom's cake for our wedding rehearsal dinner and they did a replica of our dog, it was seriously AMAZING at how similar the picture looked to the cake and how good the cake tasted.

Profile Picture Kylie, 9/10/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Cakes, Groom's Cake, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

Monzu Bakery was absolutely amazing to work with!! My husband and I hired them to do our wedding cake for our wedding in Door County, WI on 6/17/16. Jennifer worked with us to schedule a tasting---SOOOO DELICIOUS! The tasting cake flavors were all so delicious and moist!! We picked 2 flavors for our 3 tier cake and were so disappointed we didn't order a bigger cake!!! We wanted leftovers :)!! We received so many compliments at our wedding. Definitely recommend this bakery!

Profile Picture Natasha, 6/17/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes, Cake Stands

Monzu is a great bakery with a ton to offer. I have picked up gluten free items a few times for events and they taste fantastic. They are one of few bakery's that actually make gluten free items. Don't get me wrong their cakes and cupcakes are amazing, but it's great to give the bakery props for making other items not as well know! Their macaroons are to die for!

Profile Picture Marissa, 6/11/16, 11 Reviews
Category: Favors & Gifts, Wedding Cake

They were very flexible with all my requests for my sweets table and everything was delicious. Worked with me with flavors and design. Overall was a great choice.

Profile Picture Kelly, 6/4/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We had a family friend do gourmet cupcakes instead of a big wedding cake. I still wanted a cake (for pictures) and thought a Groom's cake was a great idea! Being an out of town bride from Kansas, I searched for cake places on Google and found Monzu. Very quick to respond to my e-mails and was very flexible and understanding that I couldn't be there to come into the shop. She made it KU themed and my fiancé LOVED it :) Some of our guests were quite jealous! It was very reasonable and I'd highly recommend!

Profile Picture User5395491, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Groom's Cake, Custom Design

OUTSTANDING!! Jenn is wonderful to work with and can make any idea happen. We didn't go traditional with our cake - we had cupcakes and cake pops instead. We received so many compliments on them about how cute they were and now unbelievable they tasted!! We wouldn't recommend anyone other than Monzu for any bakery needs!

Tim and Ahnna Dexter

Profile Picture Ahnna, 5/7/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cake Pops, Cakes, Cupcakes, Cake Stands, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

It was a pleasure with Monzu for our fall wedding. Best cupcakes we've ever had! We had 5 different flavors, each with a different design on each, and they were all incredible. Peach Melba is my favorite!

Profile Picture User4624777, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cupcakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

Monzu was very easy to work with. They asked a lot of questions about my wedding theme, and dress, and made a cake that matched perfectly. Everyone was asking me where my cake was from because it was so delicious.
The amount of flavor choices they have can match anyone's taste! I would highly recommend them to anyone. I often stop there for their mini cakes just to snack!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 10/3/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Monzu was able to meet all of requests. We had a destination wedding in Green Bay and they really helped us make our process go smoothly. The desserts looked and tasted great. My husband also loved his Groom's cake, (Packer's Themed)! They set it all up beautifully. The pricing was also very fair. Monzu also is very creative with detail and made each cupcake very unique.

Profile Picture User5454036, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I shopped around quite a bit before finally settling on Monzu. The pricing was fair, the communication was fast, and the cupcakes were delicious. I heard great feedback from my guests about our cupcakes.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 6/26/15, 5 Reviews