Montilios Reviews

329 Reviews for Montilios

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

329 Montilios Reviews

Antonette · Married on 08/25/2018

The staff has been great to work with. The tasting was fun and delicious!!! Can’t wait for my big day!!!

Lauren · Married on 08/18/2018

Our cake was delicious as it was beautiful! Our cake designer, Elissa, was so sweet and kind during out tasting. She let us do more than one flavor since we couldn't decide! Does not taste like the typical wedding cake... it was BEYOND. Every bite was worth it!

Kristin · Married on 08/12/2018

We had a six-tiered wedding cake that had six different flavors, which we designed. The cake was gorgeous and equally if not more important, delicious! Our guests has so much fun trying the different flavors and we loved it so much that when my groom and I got home, we broke into our "top." We barely had a bite at the wedding, and simply couldn't resist! We decided that in a year, instead of pulling out a frozen cake, we'll go back to Montilios to create a mini one for us - it's just that good!!! Thank you for the cake, Montilios team! Everyone was thrilled!!

Kathleen · Married on 08/04/2018

I was stopped in my tracks when I first saw our cake displayed on the dance floor! It looked absolutely incredible and tasted amazing! My guests wouldn't stop raving about it! I was very pleased!! Our cake from Montilio's was included in our package from Granite Links and we upgraded a bit to make it exactly how we wanted. They were even able to use a swatch from my bridesmaid dresses to make the perfect match for the watercolor on the base tier! They were very flexible and even made great recommendations to ensure that the cake came out looking better than we could have imagined. Also, for any military brides part of a military family, it can withstand being cut by a saber! =) Thank you guys so much!!

Montilios 1
    Montilios 2

Megan · Married on 07/20/2018

Montilios was outstanding! I couldn't have imagined going with any other bakery. The entire experience from chatting with them over the phone, to cake testing, to the day of the wedding was seamless. My husband and I are not big cake eaters; however, we're in love with their cake now. We received so many compliments on both the taste and décor of the cake. The moment I walked into the reception and saw the cake sitting on the table my jaw truly dropped. I didn't want to cut it! Pick them!

Erica · Married on 06/30/2018

I am the third generation in my family to use Montilio's for our wedding cake and I am happy to say that after more than 70 years, they still live up to their reputation! First off, the cakes that we sampled were incredible! We were given 10 different cake samples offering a wide array of their many flavor options. The consultants and other staff members were extremely helpful and patient with choosing and narrowing down flavors. They were also very conscious of making sure I was able to stay within my desired budget while still getting my dream wedding cake. I would absolutely recommend Montilio's to anyone planning their wedding.

Kate · Married on 06/23/2018

Our wedding package at Tewksbury Country Club included dessert from one of three preferred vendors. I saw a donut wall at a wedding expo and knew we HAD to have that at our wedding. After asking all three bakery vendors if they made donuts, Montilios was the only bakery that could follow through with our idea. We went for a tasting as enjoyed too much cake and donuts. We chose the presidential cake as our small wedding cake, and we picked a variety of donuts to display on our donut wall. When we asked about cereal toppings on the donuts, Montilios response was, “I don’t think we’ve done that before, but I don’t see why we couldn’t”, and they made it work! Our cake was amazing, and our donut wall was a huge hit! Thank you Montilios for going along with our crazy ideas- Highly recommended!

Montilios 3
    Montilios 4
    Montilios 5
    Montilios 6
    Montilios 7

Lauren · Married on 06/02/2018

After much consideration about where to get our cake from, my now husband and I went to Montillio's for a tasting. The tasting was amazing and all of the flavors of cake were delicious. Elissa was so helpful when I couldn't quite explain the cake design that I wanted. She pulled out photo albums and was even on the internet trying to find the perfect design that I had in my head. On the wedding day, delivery went very smoothly and people can't stop talking about the cake. They said it was the best cake they had ever had at a wedding and were so happy with all the flavors! ( We chose chocolate, funfetti, vanilla with raspberry filling and a fourth chocolate tier). I am beyond thrilled with how everything turned out and what a great job Montillio's did!

K · Married on 05/20/2018

I had a specific idea in mind and they made it happen. And the buttercream frosting is the best!

Karen · Married on 05/19/2018

Our cake was part of our wedding package and now we know why. Delicious and beautiful. That’s all we can say.

Montilios 8

Lindsey · Married on 05/18/2018

I had so much fun helping design the wedding cake. My husband and I had a blast testing our flavors (also had a few pieces of pizza at the Braintree location, so good!!). We ended up with two flavors, and it was delicious! I showed them my bridesmaids dresses, and what I envisioned for the cake, and it could not have been any more beautiful!!! We are looking for an excuse to go back :) thank you!!

Montilios 9

Brittany · Married on 05/12/2018

Our wedding cake came out exactly like we wanted. It was perfect and looked just like the picture we showed them. The cake was delicious and all our guests loved it. They kept telling us “this cake isn’t like normal wedding cake! It’s so moist and delicious!”

Montilios 10
  • Meggy

Meggy · Married on 05/05/2018

Our cake was beautiful and delicious. I only wish we'd been able to try the second tier - our third tier and second tiers were served to guests and of course we didn't have time to try them, but my mom was smart enough to get some of the third tier to take home for us to enjoy. We had 3 tiers with 3 different flavors! Awesome job!

Maressa · Married on 12/09/2017

Beautiful and delicious cake! Everybody enjoyed it! I look forward to stopping by for more goodies! Thank you so much!

Allison · Married on 12/03/2017

From the very start, this bakery felt like I was coming home to my grandmothers and eating some of her home made goods. This bakery made our cake for our wedding last weekend and it was absolutely beautiful! The cake was so moist and flavorful and my father whose a chef was impressed. We can not wait until our 1 year so we can order a small cake ourselves because it was THAT GOOD! but we will be in much sooner than that to enjoy their wonderful baked goods! I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a delicious cake! Not too sweet and just the right amount of love baked in!
    -Mrs. Nawotny

Denise · Married on 12/03/2017

Our cake was delicious and gorgeous! Montilios you never disappoint!!!! So happy with our whole experience!!!

Montilios 11

Stephanie · Married on 12/02/2017

The cake tasted excellent and the staff was very easy to work with! So happy with how everything came out!!

Montilios 12
  • Jodie

Jodie · Married on 08/27/2017

Our cake was the most gorgeous wedding cake we have ever seen! Our vision was a night sky and they nailed it! Our guests could not stop talking about the cake. I let out an audible scream when I saw it. It was stunning. And it was absolutely delicious! So grateful for Montilios and can't wait to eat the top layer in a year!

Julianne · Married on 08/12/2017

We did one layer cake & mini cupcakes. Very accommodating to the look and flavors we wanted. Supplied the cupcake tier for us too.

Jaclyn · Married on 08/05/2017

Montilios was wonderful to work with from the beginning! They were extremely accommodating when scheduling the cake tasting, and even were happy for us to bring 4 other family members along! They worked with me in the month leading up to the wedding to finalize the designs, and spent a lot of time on the phone and via email coordinating so that we came up with the best plan. The finished product was beautiful, and my guests couldn't stop raving about how great it tasted and looked! We were so happy and would recommend them to anyone!

Montilios 13
  • lcianciaruso

Lauren · Married on 07/15/2017

Montilios made our cake perfectly. We wanted a simple design and showed them one photo. They were able to execute the perfect design for what we ordered. And can we talk about the flavors?! We liked having a variety for our guests and each layer was delicious (especially the oil cake). We had so many people tell us how delicious it was. We would recommend Montilios to anyone planning an important party or wedding as they are professional and take care of all the planning.

Shannon · Married on 07/07/2017

I have been going to this bakery since I was a kid; of course I decided to use them for my wedding. We got a small cake top layer with a cupcake tower. They allowed us to pick multiple different flavors and they were all so delicious!! The cake looked beautiful and the staff was easy to work with and very responsive! I would highly recommend Montilios!

Laura · Married on 06/23/2017

Our cake was so delicious and actually came in under budget! We got the presidential cake with raspberry and the chocolate on chocolate and everyone raved about how delicious it was! They gave us a tip to do half a kitchen cake in the back which saved us about $150! I have since gone back to Montilio's several times and I am now addicted to their cakes! The carrot cake is my all time favorite! They were also very nice and responsive during the planning process and everything came out beautiful!

Sara · Married on 05/27/2017

My husband Bruce and I got married on May 27, 2017 at The Miraval Ballroom in East Bridgewater. The package we chose included a cake budget from Montilio's bakery which was wonderful considering we had no idea where to start! It took us a while to set up an appointment with Montilio's as the cake wasn't exactly our first priority, but the consultation went so smoothly when we finally made it in. The wedding department was so friendly and welcoming and explained everything to us so that there was no confusion. The cake test was so fun and they give you way more than enough of each sample to be sure you love what you're getting. Our cake was a custom order and we were so surprised to learn that we would receive a WHOLE sample cake to make sure they made our order right. The design on our cake was even better than we had imagined it would be and they worked with our florist to get the perfect blue colored ribbon to wrap around each tier. The cake was absolutely delicious and we received SO MANY compliments about how beautiful it was and how great it tasted. We will definitely come back to Montilio's for any future large cake orders! Thank you so much for making our cake - and our day - so perfect! Love, Bruce and Sara Ivil.