Montgomery Country Club Reviews

16 | Gaithersburg, MD

16 Reviews for Montgomery Country Club

Kate · Married on 10/14/2017

Had my bridal shower here (kind of last minute) but they were very accommodating and professional. They allowed for us to bring in our own cake and decorations and provided the food which was brunch buffet style. The food was hot and delicious. Overall, I was very happy with my bridal shower and could not have asked for more. I have also been to the club for lunch; the food and service was great and the outdoor patio is very nice (I believe the patio and clubhouse were renovated recently).

Carlita · Married on 06/12/2016

I can not say enough about how amazing the staff was at Montgomery Country Club. Valencia is a wonderful wedding coordinator. She was always available to answer any of my questions. We had to change our wedding date and we were able to do that with no problem. Her niece got married the same weekend I did and she was not able to attend our wedding, Theresa filled Valencia's shoes on our wedding day. She was phenomenal! I would highly recommend this country club for a ceremony and reception. My husband and I have nothing but great things to say about Valencia and her team. We can't thank them enough for making our day so wonderful. If you are looking for reasonable prices and a great location for a wedding and/or reception give this place a try!

Georgine · Married on 05/28/2016

This place has it all! Valencia Lewis will put you at ease and work with you through every detail. I
    cannot say enough good things about this
    Venue. Everything is included - even the cake which was amazing! The food is fantastic. Service is great. Setting is gorgeous. Don't hesitate to book here. The best deal around.

Ashleigh · Married on 10/13/2013

Our wedding was amazing all thanks to Valencia Lewis! Our crowd tends to get a little rowdy and we didn't get kicked out. My husband hadn't seen the site before we booked but it was totally okay after he saw it and realized my vision for our wedding. We booked in August 2012, attended a bridal show in February on the premises. By August 2013 we went to a tasting and late September we had our final. Everything was amazing. It's an all inclusive venue, which was awesome! They are associated with a cake baker so there are no extra fees unless you want something enhanced. The food is delicious, and so is the cake. Custom cake design llc was very professional too!

We got married on july 20th. I have to say the wedding reception was amazing!!!. The Food was delicious and the place looks beautiful. The wedding coordinator, Valencia Lewis was great. Very professional and Nice Preparing a wedding can be very stressful. But she was extremely helpful. She made it easy for us. We had some complications on the same day of the wedding, but she fixed everything. Thank you Valencia for make for helping us in our special day.

Marlenne · Married on 04/28/2012

Valencia Lewis and the staff were amazing. The food was absolutely delicious. Valencia was so easy to work with. We had a stress free day thanks to her. Even though it rained, Valencia and her staff made our day extremely special. We loved that we were the only event. Thank you all.
    René and Marlenne Villarreal

Puii · Married on 10/10/2010

We had our reception here. It was absolutely beautiful!

• Bees

Bees · Married on 09/01/2005

We chose MCC because not only was it a well maintained property but the price was reasonable and you get a lot for your money here. Valencia was always really responsive and helped make our day unforgettable. She promised us that on our big day, she'd personally make sure we were taken care of and she kept her word to the fullest! The club isn't huge but it was perfect for an intimate gathering that we wanted. We had about 115 people and everyone was comfortable. The food was incredible and we were able to meet the chef on our wedding day which was nice so that we could put a name to the awesome food. Everyone gave us compliments on how delicious everything was. Being a filet snob, my husband was impressed that everyone's steak came out a perfect Med Rare. The golf course is well maintained and the open windows of the ballroom make it so breathtaking in the evening sun and when the moon finally comes out. The staff was very friendly and extremely professional. They were honestly like ghosts; they did their jobs with no intrusion or attention drawn to themselves. We were so happy with how our day turned out and would definitely recommend people to check MCC out!

Kimberly · Married on 07/21/2012

Bottom line: the value of this venue+catering is unbeatable. Everything food is included in this package, including open bar and the cake. We only paid based on per person 3 days prior to the event.

We held our ceremony and reception at the Montgomery Country Club with the help of event manager Valencia Lewis. Our guests really enjoyed the cocktail hour (bacon wrapped scallops and crab balls) as well as the main course, open bar, cake, and wait-staff. I certainly recommend this venue for many reasons, namely the value for money. The view of the golf course from the many-windowed main room is an added bonus.

• Karina

Karina · Married on 04/18/2009

I highly recommend this wedding site!! The prices was incredibly reasonable considering the quality of the food and the beautiful reception room. Valencia Lewis who is the wedding coordinator there is an amazing person. She really helped make our wedding a success. She was so flexible and incredibly nice. Our wedding started about 1.5 hours late and she helped to serve dinner faster, accomodate our guests and made everything run smoothly even through the stress of the time constraint. The price of the venue included the cake, wine and beer, hour d' ourvs, the venue, and a chapagne toast. I couldn't have asked for a better reception venue.

• Shari

Shari · Married on 07/14/2012

We had our July 2012 wedding at the Montgomery Country Club and it was definitely an amazing experience. Valencia and staff was extremely helpful and very knowledgeable. I wouldn't hesitate to host another event (if i could) there.

Carolyn · Married on 07/11/2009

3.5

Our reception was wonderful. All in all, Valencia was great to work with. She was flexible with planning the event, and I liked that they only plan one event each day, so I wasn't constricted to a certain time frame. It was a little difficult to work with Valencia preparing for the event, because she was sometimes too eager to answer questions before I was finished asking; so, I kind of had to be persistent in getting answers to my questions. If you decide to extend your reception an extra hour, they need to know 30 minutes ahead of time; we weren't aware of that.

Anne · Married on 03/29/2008

3.5

Montgomery Country Club was an excellent ceremony/reception site. The staff was wonderful and helpful - a HUGE help coordinating everything so the day ran smoothly. The price was excellent, especially due to the fact that so much was included - ceremony, reception, hordourves, dinner, champagne toast, wedding cake and 4 hour open bar were all included in our low price per head.

The food was AMAZING.... we had a hard time deciding.

The only drawback is location and the fact that the address is hard to locate, even with a tom-tom unless the street is put in as Olney-Laytonsville Road.

2.0

We booked this venue for our ceremony & reception. Most of the time it took a couple of days to get an email/call back from the events coordinator, but the place is beautiful. It is pricey but inclusive so it takes a lot of the pressure of planning off your back.

Adelle · Married on 10/20/2013

2.5

The Venue is a great value for a ceremony and reception! Valencia was easy to work with, very experienced and helpful. The food was excellent, our guests loved the food and the open bar!! The Space was beautiful and easy to decorate. I just wish they were a little bit more accommodating to our guest count. All in all we had a beautiful wedding and reception and it was seamless!