Monterey Ceremonies by Zia Reviews

Monterey Ceremonies by Zia 6
Monterey Ceremonies by Zia 7

Mary Lou Basham · Married on 11/10/2018

Mother of the Groom - Loved the ceremony

As mother of the Groom, I was thrilled with the ceremony that Zia crafted with and for Mollie and Thomas. The time they spent talking with Zia certainly paid off, in my opinion. The ceremony included personal experiences, ritual, vows, and an exchange of rings. I especially enjoyed hearing the "story of Mollie and Thomas" told in storybook fashion. The bride and groom thanked all their parents which sealed the deal for me.
    If you are looking for a meaningful and personal ceremony, Zia does great work!

Catherine S · Married on 10/21/2018

Best Wedding Vendor By Far

Wedding planning can be very stressful, but working with Zia was so easy. We chose her because she was approachable, friendly, and sweet. She helped navigate us through our ceremony and gave us advice for other wedding planning details that we hadn’t thought of. After a few calls and emails, Zia was able to come up with a ceremony that was exactly what we wanted - simple, sweet, and very much reflective of who we are as a couple. We laughed and cried during our wedding. We are so glad that we chose to work with Zia!

Rose · Married on 09/29/2018

From the first moment I met Zia I knew I wanted her to be a part of our wedding. Your wedding ceremony is one of those rare moments in life where you get to celebrate & share your love for another soul surrounded by the people you love most, and an event this important deserves the best. From the beginning Zia was extremely responsive & professional; she had us send her our own personal stories and details and she weaved them into the most beautiful ceremony--- her delivery was honest and sincere. We truly enjoyed our Facetime calls with her as she took the time to get to know us and made planning from out of state so easy. She obviously loves what she does, words cannot describe how thankful we were to have her at our rehearsal and on our big day. Our guests have commented on how beautiful the ceremony was and we would recommend Zia to anyone looking for an officiant for their big day.

Monterey Ceremonies by Zia 8

Jeffrey · Married on 09/15/2018

Zia did a phenomenal job in working with us to plan out our wedding vows and ceremony details. She applied a personal touch to our ceremony that incorporated our love story and special moments we'd shared together, along with sharing it in a narrative, easy-going way that made everyone feel welcome and part of the experience.
    We felt like she was family and as much a part of our wedding as our guests.

Monterey Ceremonies by Zia 9

Valerie · Married on 08/18/2018

Zia was so Awesome!!!! She made our ceremony unforgettable by add personalized touches to our wedding ceremony. We were so pleasantly surprised when we actually heard it for the first time.

She was so easy and comfortable to talk to through the entire process of creating our wedding ceremony and vows. She was also a delight to meet in person, with happy disposition and smiling face. Welcoming eyes and smile.

We would recommend her for anyone that wants a memorable ceremony.

• Evayne

Evayne · Married on 08/08/2018

So full of love and light!

We got married on a beach towards the end of summer. I researched officiants in the area and found Zia, but also reached out to our wedding venue coordinator for recommendations and she was one of them. We took it as a sign to reach out to Zia. Our first impression of her was wonderful. She is the most warm and down to earth being. We felt that we have known her for previous lifetimes. She provided the structure we needed to plan our ceremony. Every detail was customized for us and she was able to include traditional elements from our culture. My husband and I wanted a non-traditional wedding that would be special and unforgettable and that was exactly what we accomplished with Zia. We are blessed to have Zia marry us.

Monterey Ceremonies by Zia 10
    Monterey Ceremonies by Zia 11
    Monterey Ceremonies by Zia 12
    Monterey Ceremonies by Zia 13
    Monterey Ceremonies by Zia 14

Steve · Married on 08/04/2018

Zia guided us through every step of the wedding; She made it personal and unforgettable, tailored specially for us. She was very flexible with our schedule - we did not decide on a specific location until the day before, and she was still able to accommodate us.

I recommend everyone to consult Zia before the wedding, because she will make the event that much more meaningful.

Elizabeth · Married on 07/19/2018

It was an absolute pleasure working with Zia. She was really personal and meet all of our expectations.

Christi · Married on 07/08/2018

Great and special and professional

Daniel · Married on 06/15/2018

My wife and I were honored to have our wedding ceremony officiated by Zia. From our first interaction with her several months before the event all the way up until our wedding, working with Zia was a great experience. We were consistently impressed by her calm, considerate nature (and reassurances!) in our correspondences leading up to the ceremony. When the big day finally arrived, my now-wife and I were moved by the way in which Zia weaved our story, heritages, and values into the ceremony while combining traditional and modern language throughout. We are both so happy that we chose to work with Zia as our officiant and would highly recommend her to others looking for a memorable experience!

Andrea & Tim · Married on 06/06/2018

Zia was so wonderful and pleasant to work with! As soon as we met her we felt her warm charisma and knew we wanted her to marry us. She asked us a few questions to help her get to know us as a couple and individually, and she provided us with such a meaningful and amazing ceremony and really made it personal to what we wanted to express. All our guests complimented the beautiful and cheerful service. We didn’t think the ceremony would be such a memorable part of our whole day as Zia made it. She is amazing, we loved working with her and we’re so happy she married us.

Chantelle · Married on 06/01/2018

I would definitely recommend Zia.
    She made our ceremony so personal and unique and she tailored it to what marriage means to us.
    She was great fun to work with and was our favourite part of the wedding preparation, we always looked forward to speaking with her.
    Definitely the best money we spent out of the whole wedding.

Kim · Married on 05/31/2018

Zia was awesome. She was such a pleasure to work with. Her custom ceremony is awesome, you get to help write/plan and it feels truly special and just for you.

Araceli · Married on 05/25/2018

All of our guests commented on what a beautiful ceremony Zia officiated!! She takes the time to get to know her bride and groom, and we felt she actually really cared about us.

• W

William · Married on 05/04/2018

Very beautiful ceremony! Zia helped us put together a custom set of vows.. We also did a set of premarital counseling sessions called 'prepare and enrich' with Zia which we found to be very positive way to invest some time in our relationship. Furthermore, doing both counseling and the ceremony with the same officiant gave us enough time to get to know her. As a result, she put a lot of personal touches into the ceremony which helped make it very special.

• michelle

michelle · Married on 03/26/2018

We are so grateful we found Zia and that she was part of our special day. From day one she really took the time to get to know us as both individuals and as a couple. I really appreciated that she made our ceremony so incredibly personalized. She asked a lot of questions about us, what marriage meant to us and also made us really think about what was important in our marriage. My favorite part of our ceremony was that months prior to the ceremony she had both my husband and I send her separately 10 things we loved about the other and what marriage meant to us, it really was special to hear those special words at the ceremony.

Tiffany · Married on 03/23/2018

Zia met with us multiple times and was very kind and took the time to get to know our story. She did a wonderful job the day of the wedding. Thank you Zia!

Glenda · Married on 03/17/2018

Zia Shapiro was highly recommended by The Old Monterey Inn.
    I emailed her regarding my elopement and she was very responsive.
    She called and emailed to get to know me and my husband.
    We weren't from the area so it was easier to email and phone.
    She wend above and beyond our expectations when she did our ceremony.
    I highly recommend her.

Heidi · Married on 01/06/2018

Zia was calm and reassuring making us feel comfortable with the entire process. It was very important to her to take the time to provide all the details of the ceremony options available to use to ensure we chose the option best for us. She also took the time to get to know us so she could personalize our ceremony. She surprised us with a beautiful song and her hot pink glasses. And she has a great connection to get a confidential marriage license. Overall we had a great experience. It was a beautiful day and magical ceremony. Thank you Zia!

Michael · Married on 12/19/2017

We contacted Zia two days before we eloped in Big Sur, California. Even with the ultra tight timeframe to prepare, she delivered an absolutely beautiful ceremony in our little circle of redwoods. Everything she did and said from start to finish felt so natural and graceful. The way she told our story and her positive energy helped us have the most special day of our lives.

Zia went above and beyond what we could have possibly expected and we highly recommend her!

Vince · Married on 12/15/2017

Zia far exceeded my expectation as a superior wedding officient. To begin with, she set up a consultation meeting to get to know her. Then she set up several follow up meetings so that we always has a coordinated plan in case we had any questions or ideas. During our meetings Zia would ask questions about us so that she could start to develop our story. She also gave us a few questions to answer on our own time and get back to her with. It was this thorough line of finding out our story that she took and transformed into a beautiful wedding ceremony. Many of our guests said it was so touching including my 15 year old son! That shows what a wonderful job she did as its not easy to make a teenage boy get tears in his eyes! I could not recommend higher.

Anna · Married on 10/21/2017

Zia was really great to work with. She was very patient with us when we changed our minds and when schedules didn’t work out. The ceremony was so well prepared and went beautifully!

Jose · Married on 10/21/2017

Zia was great. Very serious and reliable. She had everything ready and organized. Very nice ceremony and my family and I were very happy with her work.

Jeff · Married on 10/21/2017

Zia was an outstanding officiant to our wedding. She took the time to get to know us, and brought a warm and familiarity to the ceremony that put both my self and my wife at ease. I would highly recommend Zia to anyone looking for a wedding officiant. She will put in the time and effort needed to really make it special for your big day.