Monterey Beach House Reviews

9 | Monterey, CA

9 Reviews for Monterey Beach House

Ally · Married on 08/13/2016

We just had our wedding at the Beach House and I must say it went better than I could have ever imagined. Kelley was an incredible DJ and host and the entire Monterey Beach Party staff was awesome. Kelley was full of energy and helped us out so much along the way. He made the night extra special by including my mother in everything as she couldn’t attend in person. Kati also helped us plan everything out just the way we wanted it. The food was excellent, and the mood was perfect. I could have asked for more!

Sent on 10/12/2014

Upon planning our dream wedding, Monterey Beach Party was the easiest choice we had to make. When visiting the location and meeting the faces behind name, our search for our perfect wedding venue quickly came to a halt. My husband was away for military training during the time of picking a venue. They were very patient with me, and allowed for me to discuss everything with my better half before making any decisions. Kati Enea was perfect at portraying our vision to their amazing team. We had many out-of-town guests who all said that this was the most relaxed and fun wedding they had been to in a long time. Upon arriving at the venue, everything was set up perfectly. The colors were spot-on, and everything was exactly how we imagined it to look.

The weather was phenomenal (Oct. 12th, 2014) as Kati “promised.” The sun was shining, and as Kelley was reading a poem about tides and waves, a giant wave broke in the background as if on cue. The food was remarkable, and the serving staff was very polite. After dinner and dancing, the outside ceremony was transformed to BBQ pits for some s’mores around the campfire. They have everything available on site of which made it all super easy to pull off. If they don’t have something that you require, they do all the grunt work, and make it happen. Stumbling across their webpage was the best thing to have happened when trying to pull off a wedding of this caliber in 6 months. The price was right, and the service was even better!

Beachcomber Kelley was an absolute riot to work with as our Officiant and DJ. Prior to the wedding, he would call me just to make sure that we were doing ok with all the planning. He is always in a happy mood, and always brightened my day after talking to him. He truly made Josh and I feel special, and aided in how magical the day was overall.

We wouldn't change a thing!!

- The Fidlers

Sent on 10/27/2014
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 10/01/2013

Monterey Beach Party is a dream come true. I worked with them for our wedding, but I have also worked with them years ago on a corporate teambuilder. Both experiences were out of this world amazing; my co-workers still talk about how fun that corporate teambuilder was.

The staff is incredible - Taylor, Heather, Katie and Beachcomber Kelley! From day one, they were gracious, helpful, accommodating and said YES to every request. Their prices are (almost) all-inclusive so the cost covers the wedding & reception – no surprise fees or gratuities! I was blown away by their willingness to create a vegan menu; it was really important to us. We provided a suggested menu and Heather worked with the chef to make her magic. Everyone at our wedding, many of whom normally eat meat and dairy, loved the food!

Location – they’re located directly on the beach. It's a perfect location for a beach wedding because when the wedding ends, just walk up a few steps and you're at the reception. The inside is decorated to inspire elegance, with a flair for fun and laughter. Perfect for our guests!

DJ Beachcomber Kelley is a dream emcee. He is warm, inviting and always greeted us during our visits to the beach house. He knows the beach house in and out and gave us a "play by play" so that we could really get a sense of what would happen. He worked with us meticulously on the music and even met separately on his own time with our officiants so they knew the space. He was sweet to call me the morning of our wedding to let me know "all is good..." so I didn't worry. I love his enthusiasm, his passion for music, the way he keeps the crowd moving, and the table games. We had some special requests around starting songs at a specific time, or cutting songs 1/2 way through and things like that. Beachcomber Kelley perfected every single request and did it with enthusiasm and grace. I felt like he was our champion the entire night.

My guests say it was the Best Wedding Ever!

Sent on 10/11/2013

Monterey Beach House's reply:

Thank you Jenna for the very kind review. We greatly enjoyed working with you and wish you and Trevor a wonderful life together!

Sarah · Married on 06/16/2012

I'm a little behind in writing this, but with wedding season in high gear, I had to share! My husband and I were married here on June 16, 2012! I could never say enough good things about the staff at Monterey Beach Party. I worked mostly with Taylor and Kelley, but everyone is seriously just THE BEST! We were planning our wedding from Colorado, and so my in-laws actually went to visit the beach house for us before we reserved it for our wedding. They immediately loved everyone there. They treated them just as if my husband and I were there looking at the place ourselves. The ceremony was perfect, and Kelley did such a wonderful job letting us incorporate our own touches. His ceremony is beautiful though, and we mostly stuck to what he had already had for it. The venue was so much fun, and we loved the laid back beach party vibe we got to provide for our friends and family. We were able to add classic elements too with rentals, and Taylor was so great about helping us realize what we could do to make the beach house look like we wanted for our reception. Our friends and family are all still talking about how much fun they had! Oh, and the FOOD was AMAZING! We did the tri tip and salmon, and both were delicious. The chef told us the salmon had just been caught THAT DAY! Appetizers were great. I could just go on and on! Oh, and Kelley was also our DJ, and he was seriously so great. He kept the flow of the evening going, he had so many fun ideas, and his music selection is great! We, and our family and friends, absolutely loved him.

Serioulsy, if you are looking to have a wedding in Monterey and you want something on the beach where you can feel like you're having the best party ever with your friends and family, reserve with Monterey Beach Party TODAY!

Sent on 02/20/2013

Selena · Married on 06/16/2011

We are so happy we picked Monterey Beach Party for our wedding. We have NO complaints! Kelley Conover was professional and charming. Samantha Chapman was just amazing. Both of them and the entire team made us feel very comfortable and confident that our day would be perfect. Our wedding day was as we dreamed it would be. Thank you to all, but especially Kelley and Samantha.

Sincerely, Izzy and Selena Sanchez

Sent on 05/09/2012

Johanna · Married on 05/24/2014

3.5

I LOVED EVERYTHING about the venue, location, atmosphere and the people! The people in office were GREAT to work with (I worked with Katie and loved her!), Kelley the MC and officiant was so sweet, caring, and fun. I always wanted to get married on the sand and the MBP made it possible for me! The servers on the night we so helpful and attentive to everyone's needs FOOD WAS SO GOOD! I was only disappointed in the time, you look forward to this one day and I feel I got more of just a moment. I did not get a lot of time to socialize with my guest every time I did I had something in schedule I needed to be doing. Now I understand and Kelley did get all we needed in our wedding done in a timely manner, I just needed to have more down time to stop and ENJOY my BIG day! BUT everything else was wonderful I just recommend brides to slow down and enjoy EVEY MOMENT!

Sent on 06/06/2014

Anna · Married on 09/04/2011

I would recommend this venue to couples who are looking for a beach wedding with a budget.

I think the food and quality of service provided by Monterey Beach Party was great! Staffs are very nice! The food was delicious and there are more than enough for all the guests. The pricing is reasonable.

Samantha was our coordinator and was very friendly and cooperative from the start. Kelly was our officiant, MC, DJ for the night and every guest said he's great, fun and kept everyone entertained!

One con is that you are not allowed to remove the existing Hawaiian themes decorations they have on the walls and ceilings inside the beach house, so if you are looking to customize your own theme to something more modern, you might want to do the outdoor tent rental option instead.

Overall, I give this venue thumbs up based on my experience.

Sent on 05/09/2012

AMY · Married on 08/27/2016

2.2
      2.5
      3.0
      2.0

- There were a handful of details that we discussed at length with the coordinator / director that did not make it to the final version of our wedding day. They weren't huge items per se (beach games, table runners, etc), but these were core details that, when we planned to our wedding, we could specifically imagine and look forward to. So when our big day happened and those details that we had spoken with coordinators about were not present... it just didn't feel like OUR wedding, the one we spent all that time looking forward to.
    - Initially we had been told that one or both of the coordinators / directors would be on hand throughout the night. So when our point of contact ran out the door moments after the ceremony ended, citing a different wedding to go to, it left us feeling not great. We were told "don't worry, someone else will come." That other person never showed up. As the night continued and lots of little things started to pile up (champagne for toasts getting passed out 75 minutes early, meaning we had to urgently send someone out to restock, or food / treat stations not being restocked with core components), there was no one on hand to help out. My wife noted that she felt unimportant, or at least, less important than whoever our point of contact was rushing off to support for the rest of the night. I've got to say, I really didn't want my bride feeling unimportant on her wedding day.
    - - And lastly, there were some issues that could have been resolved or handled if there were a bit more attention to detail on the front end.

Did our guests feel all of these issues in the same way that we did? No, I don't believe so. But I know they felt some. And more importantly, when we woke up the next morning, we felt like enough went wrong, or didn't happen at all, that we ended up with a wedding that wasn't the one we had been dreaming of. So now we have to settle for the wedding we got instead of the wedding we wanted.

Two stars feels fair.