Monte Vista Strings and Jazz Reviews

55 | San Antonio, TX

55 Reviews for Monte Vista Strings and Jazz

Tiffany · Married on 09/16/2017

We had Monte Vista Strings for our ceremony and it was just absolutely LOVELY. They were very accommodating with our song choices and there were so many songs to pick from! They even played the Game of Thrones theme song - our guests LOVED it! It was such a beautiful scene with the music in the background and I am SO SO SO glad we chose them to play at our wedding. It made all our guests cry! Highly recommend them!

Sent on 09/27/2017

Pao · Married on 11/06/2016

Our ceremony music was beautiful!!! I was on the fence of having them for our ceremony, but I do not regret it one bit! They are very talented and very professional. Thank you!!

Sent on 12/23/2016

Monte Vista Strings and Jazz's reply:

Thank you so much! We were honored to work with you and take part! Happy holidays to you both!!
  • W

Whitney · Married on 03/05/2016

We had a quartet play as guests arrived, during the ceremony and for the cocktail hour. They were fantastic the whole time!

Sent on 03/06/2017

They were great. So helpful with song suggestions and a wide variety of instruments to choose from. Made it very easy since they can start and stop playing as needed. Highly recommend.

Sent on 11/17/2015

Kirsten · Married on 10/24/2015

If you want a great experience from beginning to end, this is the right choice for you. Andrew is extremely professional, accommodating, and TALENTED. He will make sure he has exactly what you are looking for and will leave your guests speechless. I could not have asked for a perfect experience during our wedding ceremony. I still get the goosebumps when I see the video!

Sent on 10/28/2015

Monte Vista Strings and Jazz's reply:

Thank you so much, Kirsten! Yours was one of our most memorable weddings ever. It was truly an honor to get to work with you.

Betsy · Married on 10/24/2015

We used Monte Vista Strings and Jazz for our daughter's Oct 24th wedding and reception. For the ceremony, we used the strings and flute quartet, and we couldn't be more pleased. Due to transportation issues, the quartet ended up playing A LOT more prelude music than we had previously selected, due to the delay in the ceremony start time, but it was all beautiful and appropriate for the setting. During the ceremony, the music was on cue, and the arrangements were lovely - just as I imagined they would be, but they are professionals after all!
    The Jazz Ensemble played during the cocktail hour, and for the first part of the dinner, and they were amazing, with a big full sound! I was very pleased with their music selections.
    The MV Strings and Jazz Ensemble helped create the magic of the day! Thanks Andrew and team!!!

Sent on 10/28/2015

Lisa · Married on 09/26/2015

We hired the Wired! Pop Contemporary String Quartet for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour and a jazz band for our dinner hour, both from Monte Vista Strings and Jazz and both absolutely amazing. This company made our day. All our special requests were honored and performed beautifully, and Andrew was always available to give us advice and guidance throughout the entire process. Highly recommend this company.

Sent on 12/31/2015

Dee Dee · Married on 09/27/2014

Magnificent! Monte Vista Strings performed at our daughter's wedding a year ago, They provided pre-wedding music, processional, recessional and everything in between. Even though we had a quartet, they were able to fill the church with the strong and beautiful Water Music and the sweet, soft strains of Vivaldi throughout the service. They set the tone for a beautiful, traditional and touching nuptials. Also, they were also willing to drive 3 hours out of the city to do so. Andrew Small and the members of the Monte Vista Strings are very creative, professional, attractive and are quite accommodating. We highly recommend them and plan to use them for future celebrations.

Sent on 10/30/2015

Violet · Married on 03/08/2014

I hired Monte Vista as soon as I had a wedding date and venue. They gave me the exact experience I was looking for. It was an element of my wedding I truly enjoyed and had compliments on. Thank you

Sent on 03/10/2014

Jodie · Married on 11/23/2013

Monte Vista Strings provided the PERFECT accompaniment for our daughter's wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. They were simply the best in all aspects...from booking to performing to saying good-bye. They were not only extremely talented, but professional as well as kind. We loved the music they provided which was classical and then contemporary providing a nice twist and surprise for our guests. Having our daughter and new son exit the gorgeous outdoor venue set at the base of a grassy hill with the Colorado River in the background to the Beatles "All You Need is Love" done by a string trio was phenomenal. I would recommend this group to anyone looking to create the perfect ambiance and tone for a very special event. They are THAT good! Thanks, Andrew, for taking such good care of us!

Sent on 03/30/2012

Margaret · Married on 06/22/2013

Monte Vista provided some beautiful music for our wedding. As the bride, I didn't get to hear a lot of it but it certainly pleased my mother, who was a music major and still is a music buff. They were flexible with her requests for specific pieces and they all sounded amazing. She's a tough music customer and this was one of the first times I've ever heard her not have any "constructive criticism" for musicians.

Sent on 07/20/2013
  • W

William · Married on 06/08/2013

We hired the Monte Vista Strings for our daughter's wedding in the chapel at St Mary's University in San Antonio. We had just two musicians: violin and cello.

•    We found them initially through a friend of a friend, but hired them on the basis of their excellent and very helpful website (with samples of many different pieces to listen to) and my exchange of emails with the director. We were contacting them only a couple weeks before the wedding, yet the director was responsive and very accommodating. Their web site is very well laid out and it was good to have the music options laid out so clearly.    •

Getting now to the most important thing: their performance. I'm a former performing harpsichordist myself and I thought they both were EXCELLENT musicians. Our music choices were traditional—all Baroque (heavy on the Bach and Handel). Although the pieces we selected were intended for much larger ensembles (or for organ), the two-instrument arrangements they played were really good and the small ensemble was perfect for our venue (and our tight budget).     •

And everything was done professionally and comfortably. They arrived on time, quickly sized up the venue and picked the best place for them to set up, started on time—and as I said, played beautifully.

Their music provided a beautiful dimension to a beautiful ceremony. A number of our guests commented to me at the reception how beautiful the music at the ceremony was. I can recommend them enthusiastically.

Sent on 06/19/2013

Hi William,
    Thank you for your kind and gracious comments. They mean so much coming from a fellow musician AND father of bride. :)

Pam · Married on 06/01/2013

Monte Vista Strings was the perfect choice for ceremony music for my daughter's wedding. We hired their string quartet. They were professional , on time, and created the beautiful classical music we envisioned for the wedding. I would highly recommend Monte Vista Strings. Pam Galindo

Sent on 11/05/2013

Chris · Married on 05/18/2013

Absolutely superb! Andrew went above and beyond in every step of the planning process and made it extremely easy to plan the music. He was quick to return emails, phone calls, and inquiries. They were prompt to the ceremony, exquisitely dressed, and of course, sounded amazing! I seriously doubt you find a higher level of professionalism and quality of music. Highly highly recommend.

Sent on 06/25/2013

Monte Vista Strings and Jazz's reply:

Thank you for your kind remarks, Chris. Everything was great that day! We look forward to working with you again any time the need may arise.

Ana · Married on 03/16/2013

Andrew and his team of Monte Vista Strings and Jazz provided the music for our wedding ceremony, cocktail hour and during our sit down dinner. Everything was perfect! I trusted completely in Andrew to provide the best music selection, and he delivered!
    The music and cantor during our ceremony was wonderful. Leaving the cathedral we were greeted by a Mariachi group playing fun and lively music, and it was so delightful. Our guests absolutely loved the 3 piece jazz group during the cocktail hour. During dinner, they provided a contemporary wired strings group that was beautiful. The level of professionalism and performance far exceeded my expectations. I want to thank Andrew and his team for making our special day a memorable one!

Sent on 05/15/2013

Hi Ana!
    You guys are the best!! From San Fernando to The Pearl Brewery, that day was one we won't soon forget. :)

Chrissy · Married on 12/29/2012

Absolutely the best! Our ceremony was like a dream...like being in a romance film. :) I love watching the film of that day and hearing the beautiful instruments that Monte Vista played. Truly amazing! Highly recommend them. Great vendor!

Sent on 06/19/2013

Chantal · Married on 12/15/2012

MVSJ is an incredible group! We had them not only for our wedding ceremony but also for the reception. We aren't big on dancing and had a small, intimate wedding so we opted out of having a DJ. MVSJ plays a huge variety of music (it's awesome hearing pop songs on strings!), and we even requested a custom song for our first dance. We were so happy with the music, and they helped create the perfect ambiance.

Sent on 07/11/2013

Stephanie · Married on 10/27/2012

They sounded so beautiful in the church that day! Every single song they played was tapered off very well. I am just so glad that I have it recorded on video so I can always hear it whenever I want!

Sent on 11/24/2012

Stephanie!
    Thank you so much for hiring us to share in your celebration at Mission San Jose. Everything about the wedding was so seamless and smooth and we were honored to take part.

Jill · Married on 09/08/2012

The wedding was absolutely perfect, and the music truly had a role in this. We had classical Spanish guitar at our tiny 12 person outdoor ranch wedding, and it just made the wedding that much more magical. If we had a larger wedding, I would have loved a larger string ensemble. As a musician, I felt not only completely comfortable working with Monte Vista Strings and Jazz but thoroughly impressed. Honestly, I wasn't sure which instruments would be the best, but Andrew customed designed this choice for our wedding. They truly understand weddings!

Sent on 09/21/2012

Steven · event on 06/23/2012

We hired the Monte Vista Strings and Jazz group to provide the background music for our company's 10th anniversary party on June 23, 2012. The entire audience from our group, Momentum Physical Therapy & Sports Rehab, had great things to say about the jazz trio we hired. They played at the perfect volume, their set list played to the feel of the group, and they were the utmost professionals throughout the entire evening. The entire process was a very enjoyable and memorable experience. The entire Monte Vista Strings and Jazz group were very professional and I would definitely use them again for any future events!

Sent on 06/25/2012

Monte Vista Strings and Jazz's reply:

Thank you so much! It was absolutely our pleasure. :)

Carol · Married on 06/02/2012

Our goal was to have a wedding that was elegant and beautiful. Andrew and his team of musicians helped us accomplish that! We hired their string trio for pre-ceremony, ceremony and cocktail hour music. It was a perfect touch to our beautiful outdoor ceremony at Los Encinos Hill Country Estate. Their music set the mood for the ceremony and provided the perfect background music during the cocktail hour conversation. I really appreciate that their website allows you to listen to the music in advance and customize the music for each stage of the evening. Thank you Andrew for providing such a wonderful service!

Sent on 07/04/2012

Karen · Married on 04/28/2012

Our spanish guitarist was the perfect piece to the romantic ceremony we wanted. We selected our songs with Andrew and they couldnt have been a better fit. We also had him play for cocktail hour and that was a real treat for our guests. Very professional and very talented musicians!

Sent on 06/08/2012

Abbie · Married on 03/03/2012

They did a fantastic job! Their song list to choose from is amazing, and they provided the perfect background music for the outdoor setting.

Sent on 04/02/2012

Martha · Married on 02/11/2012

Andrew was extremely responsive from my first inquiry. He made sound suggestions to ask of any company that I would choose to use for my wedding. His genuine and caring nature about the event is what led me to choose to work with his organization. Everything was easy and MVSJ was flexible about meeting all the special music requests I had and taking time to answer every question I had to make the day flow smoothly. When I walked down the aisle and heard the music playing, I knew my beloved and I had made the right choice. All of our guests commented that the music made the event feel intimate and personalized to our contemporary wedding style. A million thank you's to Andrew and MVSJ for an amazing event, they will always hold a special place in our hearts.

Sent on 02/15/2012