Montclair Wedding Sanctuary Reviews

Montclair Wedding Sanctuary 6
Montclair Wedding Sanctuary 7

Armeegrace Campos · Married on 06/15/2018

Armee and Michelle

When my fiancee (now wife!) and I were searching for a church to call our spiritual home, FCC Montclair was at the top of our list. It was a church into which we could see ourselves spiritually grow as individuals and as a couple, and we never felt that we had to hide ourselves from the congregation. We felt welcome, which was a feeling we did not feel we could experience as lesbians who wanted to feel closer to God and our faith. We both wanted a traditional religious ceremony in a religious space, and we wanted that experience for our guests as we were planning our wedding. Siobhan was quick to answer our questions (and there were many!) and to point us to resources, supplies, and decorations that we could incorporate into our ceremony. David coordinated our music and was our principal accompanist, both on the piano and on that awesome organ. Since we were members, we asked Rev. Ann to officiate, and she walked us through organizing our ceremony. Our wedding ceremony went off without a hitch, thanks to all involved! Our guests would later tell us that it was a beautiful ceremony, and that they could tell that it was uniquely ours, dramatic yet intimate. My wife and I are so happy with everything, and we would highly recommend the sanctuary!

Montclair Wedding Sanctuary 8
    Montclair Wedding Sanctuary 9

Kellen · Married on 12/30/2017

Everything about Montclair Wedding Sanctuary was amazing and perfect. Such a beautiful and special space. Siobhan was wonderful and fabulous to work with! She made our day/ceremony absolutely perfect. Siobhan had a wonderful way about her that made us feel relaxed. I knew she had everything under control and that we were in the best hands. We were able to really personalize our ceremony which was so fabulous. They are very flexible and accommodating. Jack was our officiant and he was AMAZING!! He made our ceremony so special by making it extremely personal. We continue to get numerous compliments about our ceremony -- many saying it was the best wedding ceremony they've ever been to. That's because Siobhan and Jack understood our vision, personalities and story. Not to mention the space is absolutely breath taking. I highly recommend Montclair wedding sanctuary for your wedding ceremony. They will make your wedding dreams a reality!!

Montclair Wedding Sanctuary 10
    Montclair Wedding Sanctuary 11

Patricia · Married on 11/11/2017

When we started planning our wedding we had no doubt that we wanted to be married in a church - my wife and I are both catholics but being a gay-couple our options really dwindled down. We came across this church online and instantly fell in love - and was only solidified by meeting Siobhan and how on top of everything she was. She made sure we always knew what was going on and how everything would be the day of our wedding - she answered all of our questions and was really always only a phone call away. She did a great job wrangling our bridal party and made sure everything went smoothly the day of our wedding - she did a great job with our decor there, too!! Thank you for all of your help!!! - Trish & Ari

Montclair Wedding Sanctuary 12
    Montclair Wedding Sanctuary 19
    Montclair Wedding Sanctuary 20
    Montclair Wedding Sanctuary 21

Althea · Married on 06/24/2017

Everyone was top notch, available, accommodating and full of creative ideas. Able also to convert ours creative ideas into reality. The church was beautiful. Rev. Ann brought the wedding ceremony alive and gave it wonderful coherence. Siobhan our wedding planner did an excellent job of guiding, sharing our vision, planning, and getting the job done. Elizabeth Honer excelled as a soloist in a wedding already filled with excellent music. The accommodations for
    Dressing worked quite well. Vivianne and I loved our experience. It was superlative and our guests thought so too.

Mary · Married on 06/03/2017

The entire staff and volunteers of this gorgeous church couldn't have been more helpful. I love the labyrinth and the beautiful stone and stained glass. The ceremony was performed by Rev. Jack Cuffari and it couldn't have been more perfect.

Elizabeth · Married on 06/02/2017

First Congregational Church is incredible! Not only is the sanctuary is absolutely beautiful, but the church community is fantastic. There are so many reasons why FCC is a great place. Rev. Ann is the best. She has such a positive energy, a progressive way of teaching, and is very welcoming. Ever since my first day, I felt so welcomed at this church. Coordinating my wedding ceremony there was also very easy. They have a wedding coordinator and team there to assist with wedding planning and preparations. Siobhan is the wedding coordinator, and a life saver! She was very organized, responsive, gave awesome suggestions and feedback, and was so accommodating for any and all my ideas and wishes. Also, Rev. Ann really created a ceremony that was unique to us as a couple. If you take one step in this church, you will fall in love with the breathtaking beauty and an awesome, open, friendly group of people.

Jennifer · Married on 12/31/2016

Siobhan is such a delight human being. We chose Montclair Sanctuary for it’s beautiful gothic texture. The wedding pictures don’t do it justice! I highly recommend Siobhan for her professionalism and making the process so easy and flawless. She has a beautiful personality and brings beautiful recommendations without any pressure at all. She is punctual and executes your vision the way you want it.

John · Married on 03/21/2015

We could not be happier with our wedding at the Montclair Wedding Sanctuary. The facility is stunning, the coordinator was a delight to work with, and highly professional in every way. Every aspect of our ceremony and reception was all we dreamed it would be! It's wonderful to know that such a responsive, engaged, and customer-oriented wedding site exists. I'd recommend it to anyone who wants a memorable, thoroughly professional and beautiful wedding experience.

Humera · Married on 12/30/2017

I had a small intimate wedding, let me tell you it was amazing. The staff the location I couldn't ask for more. Everyone went above and beyond! I fealt like a princess!!!

Patrick · Married on 09/02/2017

3.5

Montclair has a beautiful sanctuary, and their wedding coordinator was extremely responsive and helpful. I would recommend other couples to this church without hesitation!

Marvin · Married on 09/03/2017

3.8
      3.5

The rehearsal was chaotic. The minister and the coordinator were making last minute changes to the original plan. It was unfortunate that the coordinator made an inappropriate comment regarding the color theme to the minister,
    “ Purple the color of lent.” That translates to an event that’s summber and critically the opposite of a celebratory event.
    The Sanctuary should not expect to keep any tapered candles even though they were used during the ceremony.
    Would I recommend anyone to get married at the Sanctuary? It’s a vey difficult question for me to answer. I would definitely recommend looking at different venues and options that exist out there. The only advice that I can honestly and truthfully that I can share is to visit the venues that you’re interest in, and most importantly read each review carefully and then decide.
    To those planning their amazing ceremony; congratulations.