Monika Knutsson, Gilded Lace Collection Reviews

Monika Knutsson, Gilded Lace Collection 4
Monika Knutsson, Gilded Lace Collection 5
Monika Knutsson, Gilded Lace Collection 6

Adrienne · Getting married on 09/05/2020

My daughter's not even engaged, but when I found out about Monika's lace cuffs I loved the idea. I knew that if I didn't order it now, I would forget and then regret that I hadn't ordered it while it was fresh in my mind. At first I thought that she only worked with antique lace, but she happily turned a piece of the synthetic lace from my wedding dress into a stunning cuff. I am tucking it away until my daughter finds the man of her dreams. The cuff is stunning. Monika was very pleasant and easy to work with. I mailed the lace to her, she quoted my a price, I made a down payment, she made the cuff, I paid the rest and she mailed it to me. Easy as pie. I highly recommend her.

Helsyne · Married on 08/17/2018

Monika preserved the lace from my wedding gown by turning them in to necklaces and a bracelet for my granddaughters ages 26 months and 20 months old. Just in case i’m not fortunate to be with them on their special day, I know that a piece of me will be, thanks to Monika -and her special, innovative talent.

Julia · Married on 09/23/2017

Monika was absolutely wonderful to work with!!! My lace pieces are beautiful and I can't wait to wear it on my wedding day! She was extremely professional, responsive, and extremely talented! Thank you again!

Sasha · Married on 06/10/2017

Working Monika was truly a dream! She made my earrings and bracelet for my wedding day, as well as a bracelet for my mom and cuff links for my uncle, all made from my Grandmother's wedding lace. Monika was so personable, met with both me and my mom several times, and was extremely communicative. The final product was better than we could have imagined. I got more compliments on my jewelry at my wedding than anything else. It was truly special to have a piece of my Grandmother with me on my wedding day. I can't recommend Monika highly enough!

Heather · Married on 03/12/2017

I sought Monika out to create custom jewelry from my mom's wedding dress as gifts for my mom, dad, and sister. I also asked her to make a piece for me made from my mom's dress AND my dress. She far exceeded my expectations. Not only was she prompt and courteous with her responses during the process, she also has an eye and understanding for her art. She created beautiful heirlooms for my family that we will cherish forever.

Samantha · Married on 09/17/2016

Monika is wonderful to work with. She created custom earrings and custom bracelets for my mother and I using my Grandmothers' garter belts. The pieces are truly stunning. They were a unique and amazing way to keep a piece of my family history with me on my wedding day. The garter belts were transformed from old, yellowing garter belts (that could no longer be used) to beautiful, vibrant pieces of jewelry. I have also loved wearing my jewelry post-wedding as they both remind me of the day and are simply beautiful pieces of jewelry.

Sue · Married on 08/06/2016

Monika creates stunning jewelry and it is all the more special since it can be made from family heirloom wedding dresses. She truly listened to my requests and I couldn't be happier with the results.

Jessica · Married on 05/21/2016

It is truly a unique and special piece to me and I will always cherish being able to walk down the aisle wearing a piece of my mothers gown. Now I cant wait to have another one made from my own dress :). I was impressed from the very beginning with Monika and Gilded Lace, from the moment that Monika herself reached out to me within hours of my inquiry about her jewelry. She has been very accommodating and creative with the items that I wanted to have made, with both the lace, design, and even the fit for each individual girl (I had cuffs made for my bridesmaids as well). Each item was so unique — I got 4 bracelets and 1 earrings — and no two looked alike, even though they were from the same lace. The value is absolutely outstanding here, her prices are downright a steal for custom gold jewelry that size. Her process was so easy to work with, and she made sure that I liked everything before she actually started making. She worked within my time frame, even though it was pretty tight, and was readily available for me to contact at any time throughout the process. Even though I have never met her in person (I am in SF and she was in NY) it really felt like I was working side by side with her the entire time. She took great care with my mothers lace and only used the bare minimum — she sent back the majority of what I sent her. I have never gotten more compliments on jewelry than I have on my cuff, even after my wedding day people always ask about it, from the photos or in person. And they are amazed when I tell them the story. Thanks Monika!

Cara · Married on 04/09/2016

Monika and her Gilded Lace Collection was a fantastic addition to our wedding. I found her collection online when trying to figure out a way to incorporate my mother's wedding dress into my wedding. My mother passed away a few years ago and we took lace off her dress. Monika took the lace, designed a necklace for my bridesmaids and a bracelet for me as the bride. It is gorgeous jewelry and I will wear the pieces for many years to come. Plus, she was an absolute joy to work with on this project. Kudos across the board and you should TOTALLY use her.

Stephanie · Married on 12/06/2015

A big thank you to Monika for turning the lace from my wedding dress into 2 beautiful sets of earrings and also a set of cufflinks for my husband. They made the perfect wedding anniversary present!

John · Married on 08/15/2015

There is something double rainbow special about Monika Knutsson's craftsmanship. When you own one of her peices you really feel like a queen! And when she turns your wedding lace into a gorgeous accessory, like she did for me - it's uber precious because it's something no one else has. And that speciality, that uniqueness is symbolic to me of my marriage, of the man who treasures me and I him! (Along with the wedding rings of course:) I hope ladies everywhere the same happiness the Gilded Lace Collection has brought me!

Monika is an incredibly talented artist and designer. I recently worked with Monika in creating a number of custom pieces (a cuff bracelet, earrings, ring, and cuff links) from the remnant alençon lace from my wedding gown.
    Monika’s meticulous attention to detail, deep understanding of the intricacies of the lace, and eye for design is unparalleled. She takes incredible care with the lace and only uses what is necessary (returning the remaining, unused lace). She fully explained the design process and kept me informed along the way on progress. Monika is very responsive and always available to answer my questions or offer suggestions. On top of being an incredible artist, she is an exceptionally kind person. It was a true pleasure to work with her in creating these beautiful one-of-a-kind pieces.

Monika Knutsson, Gilded Lace Collection 7
    Monika Knutsson, Gilded Lace Collection 8

Gina · Married on 07/25/2015

For my wedding, I was given as a gift a gilded cuff of my mother and grandmother's wedding dress (they wore the same dress). It was beautiful. It has a great sentimental value behind it. I received many compliments on it, and I know other bride to be's asked where I got it, and are doing the same thing.

It is nice to be "wearing" my mother and grandmother's dress, without having to deal with the sleeves and huge puffy shoulders of their older styles. It is a keepsake I will pass down to my daughter.

Carla · Married on 11/29/2014

Monika Knutson has been so lovely to work with !!! She made 3 pieces for me, 2 bracelets, and a ring, which I keep coming back for more. I can not say enough about the quality of work she does. She is truly passionate about making sure each piece is absolutely perfect from the fine details, to the size, the design you want and the placement of how you will wear each piece. She designed a cuff for my weeding with lace from my grandmas dress. She worked very closely with me, asking the story behind the lace to better understand the special meaning. She made a heirloom piece that will forever be cherished all because she cared about the history of the lace and what it represented to me. She does astounding work and is even better to work with.

Monika Knutsson, Gilded Lace Collection 9
    Monika Knutsson, Gilded Lace Collection 10

Monika's jewelry is one of a kind, and I can't recommend her Gilded Lace collection enough! She creates the most beautiful, customized pieces with an eye of a true artist. For my wedding, Monika and I spoke about my preferences, and she created the most gorgeous rose gold bracelet, earrings, and head piece out of mid-century wedding lace. The pieces are timeless and are not only memento of the special day, but also something that I wear often. There is truly no better person to get your wedding jewelry from.

What a wonderful experience! My mom and I wanted to make necklaces for each of us out of the lace from my mom's wedding dress and were SO happy with the necklaces that Monika crafted for us. She listened very closely to our suggestions and preferences and the final product is beautiful and very special to both my mom and I. We went with yellow gold and a smaller pendent. The necklaces are very elegant and I look forward to wearing mine out frequently. We're already talking about getting more necklaces made out of the same lace. We wish we had done this for my wedding (didn't think of it until now!) but would highly recommend for any bride, mother of the bride, or any woman! Thank you, Monika!

K · Married on 07/05/2014

Monika helped me to make scraps from my wedding gown into beautiful pieces of jewelry that I enjoy wearing on special occasions, such as my wedding anniversary. She is responsive, provided me with a number of creative ideas as to the best uses for my scraps, and trustworthy. She even preserved and returned to me all the leftover lace she didn't end up using in my jewelry; I would send her heirloom lace again in a heartbeat, knowing she'll take great care of it. This is a great way to turn your wedding gown into something you can wear again and again, and pass down to future generations in a meaningful way. It's also a great way to turn scraps from the dress tailoring process into jewelry for your big day. Definitely worth the money!

Rachel · Married on 06/22/2013

I sent Monika some tulle and beads from my wedding dress to be made into a bracelet for me and cufflinks for my husband, and they are the gifts that keep on giving!!! Whenever we wear them, we are reminded of our very special wedding day! The bracelet and cufflinks are so unique and personal. I highly recommend Gilded Lace!

Brittany · Married on 09/08/2012

My best friend is friends with Monika's daughter, so when she suggested getting custom jewelry from Monika for my wedding, I thought it was such a great idea. I took a look at Monika's jewelry line and I was truly impressed. I decided to bring my mom's entire wedding dress to Monika so she could choose the best lace pieces to incorporate into jewelry. We ended up deciding on a gold cuff and gold earrings to wear for my wedding day, and a necklace to have as a keepsake for everyday wear.

Monika is very creative when choosing the particular pieces of lace to ensure the pieces of jewelry come out spectacularly. The whole experience was great, and I couldn't have been happier with the final pieces. Monika is truly talented, and on top of that, one of the sweetest people you will ever meet. And the jewelry is of the highest quality.

Everyone commented on my jewelry at my wedding, and it was so special and meaningful that they are made from lace from my mom's wedding dress. To this day, I still wear the jewelry on a regular basis and always get compliments. If you are looking for truly unique, beautiful jewelry for your wedding day, or for everyday, look no further!

Deb · Married on 02/11/2006

Monika is seriously the nicest person to work with. She pays attention to detail and even checked with me a couple of times to make sure the bracelets I ordered were just right. Both of the bracelets are from my wedding dress...one for our youngest daughters wedding, the other for our oldest daughters birthday. You can't go wrong with Monika Knutsson.

Monika Knutsson, Gilded Lace Collection 11
    Monika Knutsson, Gilded Lace Collection 12

Diana

Monika made me the most beautiful bangle out of my wedding veil lace! It is absolutely perfect and now I have a treasure to wear everyday.

hbs35682 · Married on 06/03/2017

The jewelry that Monika made for my wedding is simply stunning! I used lace from my mother's 50 year old dress to make two cuffs - they are gorgeous and so much more meaningful than anything else I could have bought. Monika was generous with her time, creative, thoughtful, and accommodating throughout the whole process - I can't recommend her work more highly!

• W

Whitnee · Married on 06/24/2016

My mom and mother in law love their gifts!

My mother saved her wedding dress for her children to look at and consider for our weddings, as almost all women do, however as the times change, so does style, and our sizes were different. I didn't want to wear my mothers wedding gown as I wanted one to be my own, however I did want a piece of her gown with me on my wedding day. I found Monika through an article of a friend of mine and thought the idea of having my wedding incorporate her wedding through jewelry was brilliant. I contacted Monika and put her in touch with my mother who sent Monika her gown and discussed various ways to incorporate the lace into a bracelet cuff. We saw her ideas in an easy-to-understand document, and chose our favorite pattern of lace and had that pattern in yellow gold converted into an amazing cuff. We had the bracelet incorporated into my photos and I was able to wear a piece of my mothers gown on my wedding day. Now that I have the cuff I wear it out for nice occasions and to other weddings.