Monica Hayes Makeup Reviews

34 | Jacksonville, FL

34 Reviews for Monica Hayes Makeup

• Jessica

Jessica Smith · Getting married on 09/03/2021

Best make-up artist ever!

Monica was amazing to work with! She did my makeup for my wedding, and I had gone to see her for a trial 4 months before the big day. The day-of looked EXACTLY like my finished look from my trial. Really amazing! I got so many compliments, and am so happy I got the chance to work with such a lovely and talented make-up artist. If you are looking for someone that's flexible, and does a fantastic job with a natural look (but can glam it up if you want), this is your woman!

Sent on 04/12/2020

Tegan Chawla · Married on 03/15/2020

Monica is amazing!

Monica was truly a joy to work with! I earned my makeup to feel natural and she took my dreams and made them a reality! She was definitely my favorite vendor as she was so much fun and easy to work with! I will recommend her to everyone and can’t wait to work with her again!

Sent on 05/29/2020

Taylor Mahon · Married on 02/15/2020

Monica is great!

I really loved my makeup Monica did for my wedding it was natural just the way I wanted it. After our trial we went over some things I wanted to change and on my wedding day everything was perfect. Would definitely recommend her if you are looking for a makeup artist for your wedding or special event.

Sent on 03/04/2020

Heather Raya · Married on 12/14/2019

Beyond amazing!!

Monica was WONDERFUL to work with! I loved how my makeup turned out - it was exactly what I wanted! She was quick to respond to my messages, listened to what I was looking for, and so much fun!

Sent on 01/12/2020
  • Caleigh

Caleigh Reitsma · Married on 06/10/2019

Great experience!!

Monica Hayes came highly recommended by my best friend's sister who used her for her wedding day makeup. I, too used Monica's services for my wedding day and she did a fantastic job! She was prompt, always on time, listened to my concerns and answered my questions and made me feel beautiful on my wedding day.

Sent on 06/28/2019
  • Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 06/07/2019

Bridal Makeup

Monica and her assistant were wonderful to work with for my wedding day! They showed up early to allow plenty of time for set-up and got right to work on the moms. Monica listened to each client, getting their likes and dislikes for color and style, and asked for input from myself (the bride) an other wedding party members. Monica personally did my makeup and made me look STUNNING! I seriously loved my wedding makeup and would suggest Monica to anyone.

Sent on 06/25/2019

Samantha · Married on 04/20/2019

Incredible!

I love how she did my makeup! And she has very reasonable prices!

Sent on 05/09/2019
  • BB&J2019

Brittany · Married on 04/13/2019

My favorite vendor

I loved monica. She was so professional and accommodating. She was easy to work with and made me feel very special. Wedding planning isn't always easy but you really appreciate the people who make it as easy as possible. Thank you monica. I looked beautiful, and flawless and so did all my girls for my special day. ❤

Sent on 10/18/2019
  • Catherine

Catherine Russell · Married on 03/09/2019

Monica is a joy to work with!

It was definitely hard planning for the wedding from so far away, but Monica put me at ease and was a breeze to work with throughout! It was a pleasure to have her with us day-of - I was a bundle of nerves, but she had a very chill energy, which helped tremendously.

I really appreciated that she took my rather vague directions and guidelines, and made me look truly stunning! I don’t wear make-up very often, and I was worried about feeling like I had make-up caked on - which is how I usually feel when I wear it. With what Monica did, though, I didn’t feel like I was wearing make-up at all; I felt very comfortable, and beautiful.

I couldn't be happier with how everything turned out, and she even finished up with all of us ahead of schedule - which allowed me to get some amazing bridal portraits with my photographer that I otherwise might not have gotten.

Sent on 03/27/2019

Rion Turner · Married on 10/13/2018

will 100% make you look fab on your big day! 😉

Monica did my mother and I’s makeup for my wedding. We are both very natural and never wear makeup, so we were a tad scared going in. She really took time during our trial to listen to what we wanted and made both of us look perfect! She was perfectly on time and kept on schedule and fulfilled all of our hopes. Would 100% recommend her for wedding makeup or any occasion! She made me feel and look like a movie star!

Sent on 10/19/2018

Marsha · Married on 09/15/2018

Monica was great to work with! I had hired her to do my engagement photos, and setting up an appointment and going through the logistics with her via email was a breeze; she was prompt with replies and flexible with our date and meeting spot. She is extremely pleasant and friendly, a talented makeup artist, and her pricing is affordable, to boot! My makeup turned out fabulous - I'd hire her again in a heartbeat for my wedding if it were in FL!

Sent on 09/17/2017

Monica Hayes Makeup's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Marsha! It was my pleasure working with you and thank you again for the opportunity. Best wishes to you both and enjoy every moment of what promises to be an absolutely breathtaking ceremony & wedding celebration out in CA!

Becca · Married on 07/21/2018

Monica is seriously the best!! Monica has done my makeup in the past for a photo-shoot, and I knew she was the one for my wedding makeup! Monica did my makeup and 9 other members in our wedding party. I can't say enough wonderful thing about Monica and her skills. We all got lots of compliments on our makeup. She even includes lashes in her price. The lip color she picked for everyone was on point too. We all loved our lips. Monica is punctual, professional, laid back, and so talented! I know I will use her again in the future.

Kelli · Married on 07/15/2018

Monica is a gem! She is truly talented, caring and easy going. Monica did a fantastic job on my wedding day. My look was natural and beautiful and held up magnificently in the Florida, July heat. It was perfect :). I highly recommend Monica for your wedding or any day you want to feel extra special and beautiful. Thank you Monica!

Kaila · Married on 07/01/2018

From the moment Monica arrived at my parents house on my wedding day she was happy, polite, and professional! Monica is a very neat makeup artist and very organized with her materials. Before the big day, Monica created a schedule to coordinate makeup application with hair appointments. Monica was very good with her time management! She was so pleasant to work with all day. Not to mention all the bridesmaids looked AMAZING! Monica highlights natural beauty and is wonderful at choosing flattering color shades for people. (She even covered up my friends scar on her arm!) I highly recommend Monica Hayes Makeup!

Kathy · Married on 03/31/2018

Monica did a terrific job on my make-up. I looked pretty and polished. Just a better version of myself as a wedding guest. I wish Monica lived closer to me because I would use her services on a regular basis.

Sent on 04/05/2018

Monica Hayes Makeup's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Kathy! I'm so glad you loved your makeup look! It was absolutely my pleasure working with you and I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit here. Thank you again for the opportunity!

Elizabeth · Married on 01/13/2018

Enthusiastic Recommendation for Monica Hayes

Monica did a beautiful job for us - each with different ages & coloring - for a wedding party. She took in to account each client's wishes & applied her expertise for an enhanced but natural look - and the make up lasted all day & night.
    She was willing to travel to our location, arrived on time, finished on time & was well prepared to make us look our best. She responded to my initial inquiry immediately & was available any time I had a question.
    I highly recommend Monica for any make up needs & would us her again without hesitation!

Sent on 11/10/2018

Carly · Married on 12/22/2017

Monica was wonderful to work with! She did a great job on my wedding makeup and was always very professional. The women in my bridal party and I absolutely loved our looks! We all wanted different styles -- from subtle to dramatic -- and she nailed each one. My Mother and Grandmother (who opted from the beginning not to have their makeup done) even said, after seeing our looks, that if they'd known what a great job she did, they would have booked appointments as well. Monica always communicated promptly, followed up with me before the wedding, and arrived right on time to our suite on the wedding day. My wedding was just a small ceremony, but Monica made me and everyone involved feel very special. I would recommend Monica to anyone looking for a great makeup artist!

Sent on 12/29/2017

Monica Hayes Makeup's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review, Carly! It was my pleasure working with you and thank you again for the opportunity. Congratulations and best wishes to you both!

Gari · Married on 12/16/2017

Monica was awesome. She was very professional and personable. She was very punctual, she arrived at 11:00 for our 11:30 appointment on my wedding day. The day of my initial appointment I was somewhat apprehensive but, she settled me down right away and made me feel at ease. I would highly recommend her for any of your makeup needs. I feel she would work well for any age female. I will install pictures as soon as the photographers get them back to us. Her fees are negotiable due to what you ask her to do, they are also very reasonable.

Sent on 12/26/2017

Monica Hayes Makeup's reply:

Thank you so much for your great review, Gari! It was my pleasure working with you and thank you again for the opportunity. Congratulations again and best wishes to you both!

Caitlin · Married on 04/09/2017

Monica was a blessing to find -- flexible, affordable and so easy to work with. Highly recommend!

Sent on 04/18/2017

Ashley · Married on 03/25/2017

Monica did an amazing job with my makeup for my wedding! I as super please and would highly recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 04/03/2017

Kim · Married on 11/26/2016

Monica was a angel! Two days before my wedding (as if the time was not stressful enough) my make up artist cancelled. I am realitivly new to the area so I had no idea what to do! I found out about Monica at a wedding expo a few month prior, and I happened to have her contact still. Monica took my two bridesmaids and myself on short notice and I don't think we could have looked any better. Her work is stunning and she is so easy to work with! I would definitely reccomend Monica to anyone in the area who is looking to get prettied up for their special day!

Sent on 12/01/2016

Samantha · Married on 11/11/2016

Monica did my makeup for my wedding day and it was absolutely flawless! She gave me exactly what I requested. She is also extremely easy to talk to! I'm very glad I chose her as I genuinely think she is one of the few people on here that does not overcharge for their service :) Oh, and ladies, trust her judgement! She knows what you need to look flawless in your wedding photos. <3

Sent on 01/23/2017

I knew Monica before my wedding from the local Theatre in Amelia Island, but had never actually worked with her. But once I knew I was going to be in Amelia for the weekend and contacted Lili Thornes Hair Artistry for my hair, the owner Tracy said that she partners with Monica and I was so excited to finally see her magic! From the start, she was very detailed in finding out exactly what kind of look I was going for. She asked for pictures/examples of what I liked and what I did not like, and as soon as the trial was done, I knew she was going to make me shine! She is professional and efficient, came right on time and completed makeup for both me and my mother. It was so nice, too, to see my mom looking confident and beautiful again ?? If you're in Northeast Florida and are looking for a professional, I would definitely recommend Monica Hayes!

Sent on 10/27/2016

Jennifer · Married on 05/14/2016

We are in love with Monica! She was kind, professional, responsive, personable and such a joy! We enjoyed having her in our home to prep my niece for her senior prom. We live in San Marco (Jax, FL) and she drove to us. Monica was so easy to work with and was able to help us with creating the perfect prom "look"! My niece LOVED her makeup, enjoyed chatting with Monica & she felt absolutely beautiful. We were both amazed at how fast she was able to complete her makeup while still doing a perfect job. We are certain we'll work with Monica in the future and can't wait to see her again! :-)

Sent on 08/22/2016