Monarch Weddings - San Diego Wedding Planner Reviews

25 | San Diego, CA

25 Reviews for Monarch Weddings - San Diego Wedding Planner

Ashleigh · Married on 08/13/2017

Don't waste your time interviewing other wedding planners - Keli is your girl. She will be able to bring your dream wedding to reality. Keli is amazing- she saved my August 2017 Del Mar wedding after there were some problems with the original wedding planner. Keli was such a breath of fresh air - she was organized and her attention to detail was amazing. Keli enabled me to have a FLAWLESS wedding thanks to her incredible experience and connections. I was very worried about my wedding running smoothly until Keli stepped in - I never had to thik about anything else after she took over. Her vision and understanding of colors, flowers, beautiful details like painting gold menus to make the color pop better... the list goes on. Her team is well trained and they're all a true team - they work well together and are happy to be a part of your day. Keli turned my wedding day into a fairy tale that people are still talking about almost a year later! Keli also had excellent relationships with the other various vendors (linens, chair rentals, catering mgr, bakery, florist etc). This made everything extremely easy because the vendors had worked together before and had a level of familiarity. Don't look elsewhere and take Keli's guidance!

Brittany · Married on 08/08/2017

Hiring Keli Christenson to be my Day of Wedding Coordinator was the best wedding decision I made (well, besides marrying my husband). I was a very organized bride, with a clear vision. By the time I hired Keli, I had most of my vendors booked, and was concerned about the Wedding Day running smoothly. (I got married in a public park and my guests had to walk 3 blocks to the reception). With my small wedding of 34 guests, some felt I did not need a Day of Wedding Coordinator. However, I quickly learned what an asset Keli and her team was.
    The day of my wedding I awoke with no stress. I enjoyed my morning with my bridesmaids, got ready and was completely relaxed. When Keli arrived, she helped my mom put my dress on (my dress had many, many buttons and she had a crochet hook to help – it was a life saver! She even left it by the bed so my husband could use it to help me out of my dress). Keli made sure everyone had the correct flowers, even pinning the boutonniere on my emotional dad.
    My ceremony was perfect. I was thrilled how it unfolded perfectly. I cried off all of my makeup, and Keli fixed my makeup and wouldn’t let me take photos until I was ready (I am so grateful for this!). We got to cocktail hour and enjoyed our time with our guests while Keli set up our reception. When we made our grand entrance, I was surprised with how incredibly beautiful everything was! Even my husband (who does not notice details) could not stop talking about how pretty the cake table was! (In the planning process, I had explained to Keli that I didn’t have much of a budget for décor. She took the little I had purchased and transformed it into something I never dreamed of!).
    The reception went exactly as planned, from the dinner to the speeches to cake. When we had our sendoff at the end of the night, Keli had packed our car with all of our personal belongings and made sure we were ready to go.

Chanel · Married on 03/25/2017

Five stars are not enough! Keli was INCREDIBLE! I had big plans for a beautiful Gatsby-themed wedding and Keli exceeded my wildest expectations while keeping me on budget. I would recommend Monarch Weddings to any bride-to-be.
    Every detail and plan was perfectly executed. My breath was literally taken away when I walked into the ceremony ballroom and took it all in for the first time--the floral arrangements and candles, and all the smiling faces of our family and friends... And from there, the cocktail foyer and Reception ballroom which amazed me even more.
    Every person in attendance said it was the best wedding they had ever been to, and I would have to agree, even if I'm biased. From the band to the decor to the smooth flow and timing of everything. I didn't have to think or worry about a single thing all day.
    I am so thankful for Keli and her meticulous eye for perfection, as well as her dedication to ensuring the day was everything I could have dreamed of and more. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Ana · Married on 09/17/2016

I had the privilege of having Keli Christenson as my wedding coordinator. Keli is not your typical wedding coordinator. She truly is exceptional at planning every aspect of a wedding. I was so blessed and grateful to have had her as my wedding coordinator. I can’t imagine how my wedding would have turned out without having her because truly everything was impeccable!
    Keli compiled ideas for the style of wedding that I wanted and she had the vision and expertise to execute it in a way that I could never do on my own. The reception was extraordinary! She meticulously shopped each detail to a T. She took it upon herself to find the perfect linen and design of chair and table to compliment the style of my wedding. At the presentation of the mock-up, she incorporated some other ideas and it took the room from beautiful to WOW! Her work brought my mom and I to tears.
    She is highly respected in the wedding industry and has a great relationship with all of the vendors. This was very important to me as I would have been at a lost with attempting to evaluate what vendors were reliable and at the top of their game, yet also in the price range that I was looking to stay in. Keli did an amazing job with getting discounts from many of the vendors that she has a relationship with and negotiating lower prices which I was so grateful for.
    Keli is such a delight to work with! She is professional, kind and committed. She is a visionary. I can’t thank her enough for producing a stunning and seamless wedding. Our guests could not stop complimenting the design and ease of the night. My wedding was beautiful and effortless. Thank you, Keli!!

Gabriella · Married on 07/23/2016

Keli is AMAZING!

After my fiancé and I got engaged, I thought that I would be able to plan the whole wedding by myself. I thought to myself….how hard could this be? I don’t need anyone! Well, let me tell you…planning a wedding is not easy. It’s time consuming, and it’s your WEDDING! You should be enjoying the process and enjoying your time being engaged.

First of all, Keli has this thing about her that really makes you feel less stressed and very comfortable with the entire process. She also has amazing contacts; she has put me and my fiancé in contact with some awesome vendors that we would not have been able to find on our own. On top of that, she also is able to get you discounts with certain companies which can really help if you are on a budget. AND she has an amazing eye, is extremely organized, and is very straightforward with you. Our wedding will not be until the end of July, but Keli’s quality of work is so mind blowing to me that I had to write this review. Today I had an issue with one of my vendors (a vendor that I had booked before hiring Keli-and that vendor can no longer be there for my wedding), and Keli immediately handled the situation and assured me that we would find someone else and they would be just as good, if not better.

Keli is also very personable. When you speak to her you feel like you’re speaking to a close friend. I love that about her; it’s important to build a relationship with your coordinator so that you are on the same page! Keli was also kind enough to attend the food tasting with me and my fiancé. Neither one of our parents were able to attend the tasting, so Keli ate with us and took photos of all of the food, wrote down notes and gave her opinion. She had even brought all our vendor contracts with her that day which came in handy when we were walking around our venue discussing layout plans, flowers, etc.

Keli, thank you for everything that you have done so far. You truly have outdone yourself!

Misha · Married on 04/03/2015

Keli was an amazing planner for our wedding. We had a specific vision for our wedding and she helped to make it even more. She helped find us the best vendors who could bring together our vision, while also finding the best deals with vendors. She was very hands on with all of the details of the wedding. Her bridal assistant was also amazing the day of, making sure my every need was taken care of the entire time. I did not stress one bit the day of, thanks to her. Every one of our guest continues to express to us how it was the best wedding they've ever been to, and I am so thankful Keli made that happen.

Suzanne · Married on 02/28/2015

Keli was referred to me by a close friend who is a photographer who sees dozens of San Diego weddings every year - so I already I knew I would be working with one of the best in the biz…but WOW did Keli surpass my expectations!!!

Keli is closely networked with many different vendors in San Diego. She will never push you into using any single one but ensures the right fit to meet your style and budget. Because we had Keli and such amazing vendors to work with I truly enjoyed the wedding planning process!

The week of my wedding is where Keli truly became my savior. There was forecasted rain and we had an outdoor ceremony/cocktail hour at Scripps Forum. We went through multiple back up plans as forecasts changed but as family came into town I felt 100% confident having Keli make the final decisions and determine the best course of action day of. She took all of my stress away and allowed me to enjoy every moment of my wedding weekend. The layout she designed had never been done before at Scripps and given the morning of rain showers was absolute perfection. So many guests commented “This is plan B?” And five months later we still are routinely told “That was the best wedding i’ve ever been to!’

Start to finish working with Keli was phenomenal. Professional, detail oriented, organized, budget concise, amazing style and FUN!

Helen · Married on 09/27/2014

Monarch Wedding's services were invaluable for our wedding. There are so many things that you would never know to think about it. I couldn't have imagined planning it without Keli. She holds your hand through the process and on the day you can focus on enjoying every moment of your day, which passes like lightning by the way. Hire her!

• Katy

Katy · Married on 07/19/2014

HIRE KELI NOW! It will be the best decision you will make when planning your wedding. My wedding was in July 2014 in Rancho Santa Fe, CA and I planned my wedding in about 10 months. Keli has multiple packages from full time coordinating to day of the wedding, so she works with any budget. She went to consultations with me, talked to and followed up with all the vendors so I didn't have to, and helped with the overall design of my wedding. She is kind, professional, funny, and has so much experience and knowledge. I even got discounts with vendors just because I name dropped her and said she was my wedding coordinator. She would let us know the average price for vendors so we never felt like we overpaid. Also, she always answered my emails, phone calls, and texts within a day of sending them. She is so organized with her color coded spreadsheets, guest lists, and timelines. Once the wedding day was upon us, I did not have to worry about a thing. I was able to 100% enjoy my wedding day while Keli and her team made sure all vendors had arrived and everything was set up how I dreamed. I was pampered and did not have to worry about anything. Keli went above and beyond my expectations and I HIGHLY recommend her to any bride. Make your life and wedding plan experience fun and stress free with Monarch Weddings!

Julie · Married on 05/10/2014

If you are seeking the wedding you’ve always imagined and yet can’t quite figure out how to make it a reality, then you must contact Keli at Monarch Weddings. From our first phone call and introduction, I knew Keli had a special gift. Not only does she have an incredible eye for detail and design, amazing organizational skills and a genuine passion for her work, but she’s an excellent listener and has a profound ability to draw out and capture what you can’t always express in words. From our heartfelt, emotional ceremony, to organizing the live musician, DJ, flowers, and professional hair and make-up artist, she pours her heart and soul into every tiny detail of planning your special day, and her results will bring tears to your eyes!! Not to mention the day of organization and coordination she provides, so that the bride and groom and all of the wedding guests can enjoy every minute of the day without worry or stress. Keli, you were not only our wedding coordinator, but you became a friend as well. We are so grateful to have met you! Thank you for the kindness that is you, for touching the depth of our heart and souls, and for giving us one of the most incredible days of our lives!
    With Our Love,
    Julie & John

Jessica · Married on 04/25/2014

If there was one word that could describe our wedding, it would be PERFECT! We credit that entirely to Keli and her team at Monarch Weddings. Not only is Keli a true professional with great attention to detail, she has an impeccable sense of style and is so well respected and revered by those in the industry. From our own personal experience, Keli way exceeded our expectations.

Our courtship with Keli began 1 year before our wedding day. She was always very quick to respond to every question we had and gave us so much insight with each response. In the days leading up to our special day, people would often say to me “Oh you must be so busy!” or “Are you stressed?” I would happily say “Nope, our wedding coordinator is taking care of us.”

We travelled from Toronto, Canada to the Lodge at Torrey Pines, in La Jolla for our wedding. It was a special place for us since we were engaged there 18 months ago. Destination weddings (I’m told) are especially stressful because you don’t have all the amenities from your daily lives at your finger tips and long distance planning is apparently challenging. Keli took all of that away and made our day PERFECT. Each one of our guests had the time of their lives and many said it was the most fun they ever had at a wedding. Because Keli managed every last detail with the venue and all our vendors (even the little things that you would not even think of), we were able to thoroughly enjoy our PERFECT day. Because of Keli, we remember every special moment whether planned or candid, from morning until late into the night.

Thank you Keli and your team at Monarch Weddings!

Jessica & Grant
    Toronto ON

Amanda · Married on 12/28/2013

Keli at Monarch Weddings was absolutely incredible! We were so blessed to have her coordinate and plan our small, intimate wedding at Torrey Pines in La Jolla. The entire event was planned in 28 days and her creative vision, impeccable taste, execution and hard work made our wedding day undeniably perfect. Thanks to her, the event was effortless and we were able to share in the celebration with our family and friends.

Our wedding day was so much more than I ever imagined. She exceeded all our expectations! I cannot thank her enough for what she did to make our day magical, elegant and beautiful! She is professional, sweet, experienced, talented and dedicated to her clients. You will not be disappointed if you hire her.

Kathryn · Married on 11/02/2013

Wow, there are so many things I want to say but sometimes words can barely express how unbelievably impressed I was. Keli was by far one of the best people I have ever met. She was compassionate, personal, organized, detail oriented, etc. I told her many times I felt like she was family or at least my best friend. I planned my wedding long distance. I recently got married at Hotel Del Coronado in San Diego. I planned it all the way from New York City. At first I was a little paranoid that I was going to be way too stressed to plan a long distance wedding. That all changed with Keli. I was the opposite of Bride Zilla because Keli knew exactly what I wanted.

With all of that being said, I found out after the fact the Keli was very ill the day prior to our wedding as well as the day of the big event. She did an amazing job and did not let anyone know how bad she was feeling, and sucked it up to put on an amazing performance as our planner. If you are looking for someone that genuinely cares about the happiness and success of your evening then Keli is your girl! She is more than a wedding planner. She is a wonderful person inside and out and I could cry writing this. To all you brides/grooms, you will not go wrong.

Mackenzie · Married on 09/28/2013

Keli Christenson at Monarch Weddings is amazing!!! She is extremely organized and pays close attention to detail and made sure every little part of my wedding was perfect. When I saw the ceremony site and reception I was in awe! It was 10x more than I could have ever expected or imagined and I owe a lot of that to Keli!!! She recommended some amazing vendors and communicated extremely well with them all to make sure everything on our wedding day went smoothly. She not only was a great wedding coordinator but was an amazing support system throughout the wedding process. She continually calmed my nerves and provided me with the support I needed! It was an incredible experience working with Keli and I HIGHLY recommend her!!! Thank you so much Keli!

Colin · Married on 09/28/2013

Choosing a wedding planner is hard. Make your decision and life thereafter very easy by selecting Keli and the rest of the staff at Monarch. They are tremendous people, planners, and professionals.

We would like to thank Keli Christenson and Monarch Weddings for helping us create the most amazing wedding day. Thank you so much for your time, creativity and organization. Working with Monarch Weddings was so easy and I had complete confidence in everything they were doing. We felt absolutely no stress leading up to and on our special day. From start to finish, Keli and Monarch Weddings did an amazing job! Thank you!!!

Debra · Married on 06/22/2013

We just returned from our daughter’s wedding in La Jolla, California and I must say, I could not have done it without Keli. She is amazing! We had nothing but issues with the venue and she worked through every one of them professionally and efficiently.

Keli is extremely well organized, professional, and a true joy to work with. We could not have found a better coordinator to make the day perfect. The entire wedding and reception was perfectly orchestrated. As the mother of the bride, I was able to relax and completely enjoy the experience without having to worry about any of the details.

If you want the perfect wedding, you have to hire the perfect coordinator…Keli Christianson is the one!

Sarah · Married on 10/06/2012

Keli @ Monarch Weddings is INCREDIBLE!! My wedding was a fairy tale, take your breathe away experience & I owe it all to Keli!!! :) It was a dream come true & the best day of my life!!! The day was seamless & stress-free. I had SO much fun on my wedding day!! It looked like a million dollar wedding too!!! It was classy & modern!! I LOOOOVED it!! She works with any budget to make your day everything you want & more!! I HIGHLY recommend using her! She's professional, detail oriented, so sweet & hard working!!! I can't say enough about her!!! I wish I had hired her sooner!!! Do yourself a favor & CALL HER!!! :) You won't regret it!!!!

Char · Married on 10/06/2012

Keli Christenson of Monarch Weddings truly can make dreams come true! A wedding is very stressful, the best decision we made was to hire Keli! Her organizational skills and knowledge of amazing vendors transformed my daughters wedding into the most magical, beautiful event! What I love most is how Keli followed our budget, but still managed to find everything we we wanted to make my daughters day perfect! Thank you Keli & staff!

• Mandy

Mandy · Married on 09/29/2012

Keli and her team at Monarch Weddings made our day stress free and beyond wonderful. I could not have asked for a more perfect day! Absolutely every detail was taken care of so my husband and I could enjoy our big day with our friends and family. Keli gave me a lot of creative insight, was always very prompt in getting back to me, and was extremely organized, which I really appreciated! Without her help there is no way our wedding would have turned out as wonderful as it did! Through out the event my SIL kept telling me how much she wished she would have Keli and the Monarch team at her wedding. Thank you so much for everything Keli!!!
    Love, James and Mandy

Kathy · Married on 08/04/2012

I can't believe I'm so late in writing this review when in actuality I could have written in months before the event! When our venue told us it was mandatory that we have a wedding planner involved for "day of" services I did not agree: after all I have been planning corporate events for 30+ years. now that the event (my daughter's wedding) is over I'm so grateful for the decision! From the very first contact I had with Keli I could tell she was professional, organized, energetic, creative and FUN! She was involved through the entire process, offering suggestions and ideas. She even patiently and graciously put up with my constant questions and ideas of my own. The wedding day was perfect and I was completely stress free because I knew Keli had every last detail covered. I highly recommend Keli and would happily work with her again (hey - maybe someday **I'll** get married :)

(the date of the wedding was actually 7.7; the calendar at the top of the survey wouldn't let me select that date)

• Sarah

Sarah · Married on 08/04/2012

I cannot even begin to describe how fabulous my wedding coordinator Keli was for my wedding at The Prado in Balboa Park on August 4th. I started working with her 9 months prior and right after meeting her, my now husband Kyle and I knew we had made the perfect choice! She was extremely detail oriented and extremely organized with every single component of our wedding. She had tons of ideas and suggestions for us as we traveled down the "wedding planning" path. She was always so easy to get a hold of, and responded within hours if she was preoccupied. I always looked forward to our meetings and she never felt intimidating. Not only is she extremely professional and someone you can count on, but she is a person with a huge heart and truly wants the best for you and your fiance. Since our wedding, our family and friends cannot stop talking about our "Posh" wedding and the fact that it went so smoothly. Most guests at a wedding can say a wedding went smoothly when the bride and groom have a different story...not in our case! We had the PERFECT wedding day and most importantly....we were not stressed or worried about a thing. Keli has every detail covered. I was the most happy and relaxed on my wedding day...which is how it should be! Everyone on that day kept talking about "The Wedding Coordinator" and how wonderful she was. Even the next morning, my Mother had all of our personal belongings we had used at the wedding...all packed up and given to her from Keli! I cannot say enough what an amazing experience the wedding planning process was thanks to Keli. I get emotional just thinking about how happy I was on my wedding day and so stress free. If you choose her, you will NOT be disappointed!!!

Sarah · Married on 06/25/2011

Wow, where do I begin?! Keli of Monarch Weddings truly made my wedding day perfect. She has so much experience in the industry that she made SURE every single detail was taken care of. Her organization skills are something I envy! She was calm, cool, and collected under pressure, and made sure the biggest day of my life went as perfectly as I ever could have dreamed. Her creativity, insight, and attention to detail ensure that each and every bride's vision and dream for her wedding day is executed perfectly. She thought of the cutest little touches and details to turn our wedding form ordinary into extraordinary! I honestly dont know what we would have done without her & her Monarch Team! I was one of those brides that thought I could handle the planning process all on my own, and that the "day of" would go off without a hitch without a coordinator.... but after experiencing the wedding planning process I can honestly say we could NOT have done it without her. She made my wedding perfect. Words cannot express how grateful I am for Keli and Monarch Weddings. I recommend her every chance I get, and I hope all who read this review become Monarch Brides!!! Thank you Keli & Monarch Weddings for turning my wedding day into the best day of my life. The memories of that day are truly memories I will treasure for a lifetime!!!!!!!!

Bryan · Married on 03/28/2015

Keli at Monarch Weddings was everything we could ask for and more in a wedding coordinator. She recommended phenomenal vendors that really fit our theme/vision perfectly. We would have been completely lost without her. She's very organized and thorough and went above and beyond to make sure everything was just right. We'd definitely recommend Keli (already have) to any of our friends or family if looking for a top notch wedding coordinator. Thanks Keli!

Everything you want in a wedding planner to make your special day perfect! Incredibly organized, highly detail oriented, knows the perfect vendors and is sweet and smiling the whole time. We can't thank Keli and the Monarch Wedding team enough for all that they did, especially because we were planning the wedding from a distance. Definitely recommend Keli to everyone - my MOH just hired her for her wedding too! Thank you, Keli!!!