Mon Amie Events NYC Reviews

64 | Brooklyn, NY

64 Reviews for Mon Amie Events NYC

Sara · Married on 05/04/2019

Amazing experience!

We absolutely loved working with Mona, and can't recommend her highly enough. From our first email exchange and phone call, we knew that she "got" us and the vibe we were looking for. We wanted a DJ who could play our favorite songs, a great selection of throwbacks without going too overboard with the nostalgia, and could sprinkle enough variety to please the various generations - all while reading the room, keeping everyone on the dance floor, and keeping the evening moving without bringing an intense emcee personality to the event. Well - that is exactly what we got with Mona. She was an absolute pleasure to work with throughout, fun, helpful, and responsive, and really understood how to structure the evening and flesh out what we were asking for even when we couldn't fully articulate it. Most importantly, our reception was so much fun, everyone danced until the end, and we got rave reviews on the music during and after the event. Thank you, Mona!

Sent on 05/07/2019

E A W · Married on 11/19/2018

Mona saved the day!

Mona was amazing- the day before our wedding, our venue emailed her to let her know that she needed to bring her own equipment (after assuring her that they had everything she needed). She was completely unflappable, and quickly made arrangements so that all the sound would run seamlessly. Mona is great at reading the crowd and choosing songs to bring down the house. On a personal level, we loved her- she is warm and lovely. We have already recommended her to several friends who are getting married in the next year.

Sent on 11/19/2018
  • Alexander

Alexander · Married on 11/10/2018

Everything we wanted in a DJ!

We highly recommend Mona to anyone and everyone. Mona was fantastic to work with from our first meeting, and really made our night. She took copious notes during our pre-wedding meetings, and followed through by playing all the songs we requested and used our list to play other songs that matched our vibes. She listened to all our needs, making sure not to take requests from guests or play cheesy songs, but when we had a special request she went out of her way to make it happen. Thanks Mona!

Sent on 11/15/2018

Veronica · Married on 10/20/2018

Mona is the BEST!

Mona is the best wedding DJ! Not only does she have fantastic taste in music but she is also kind and easy to work with. Any questions or comments I or my husband had were welcomed and she responded to emails promptly. I highly recommend her for weddings, she is a vendor that always delivers (I should know, she also DJ'd a couple of my friends' weddings as well!)

Sent on 11/15/2018

Maria · Married on 09/29/2018

Best DJ ever!

Mona is the best! She's so knowledgable and easy to work/collaborate with. We had a very clear POV of what we wanted our wedding music to be like and she was super responsive/helpful on personalizing the best night for dinner and dancing. Hire her ASAP!

Sent on 11/14/2018
  • F

Frank Easterly-Marangiello · Married on 09/22/2018

Mon Amie Events worked with us for our wedding and provided DJ work and sound.

Mon Amie worked in partnership with us from day one! She met with us to discuss our preferences, kept open lines of communication, and, when the day came, she kept the party moving from “I do’s” to the last dance. I highly recommend working with Mona!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Laura · Married on 09/15/2018

Most Excellent

Mona was fantastic! We live in NYC but had our wedding in Philadelphia. She’s NYC based but was willing to make the trip. When we met up with her we had a really good time just talking about music. She’s super knowledgeable and really nice. When we got to the wedding day she just destroyed the dance floor. I had friends tell me afterwards that they felt like they just couldn’t stop dancing. So many people have since told me and my wife (separately and unprompted) that the music at our wedding was super fun. It’s one of the things we’ve gotten the most compliments about. And that’s all down to Mona. She listened to us and our tastes, plus threw in plenty of things we wished we’d asked for! Basically, she nailed it. Also she’s super cool! I would hire her again in a second and would 100% recommend her.

Sent on 11/23/2018

John Jessica · Married on 08/18/2018

Mona is THE BEST !!!!! She took the time to know us and understood what we wanted. She was so accommodating, professional, fun and kind. We cannot recommend her enough!

Sent on 08/25/2018

Lisa · Married on 08/11/2018

Mona is amazing! Aside from being an awesome DJ for the dance floor, she was just a really great resource for figuring out the overall flow of our wedding. Highly recommend working with her!

Sent on 09/23/2018

Chelsea · Married on 07/22/2018

Mona is the best! She was the perfect fit for our bowling alley wedding: easy to work with, professional, flexible and extremely accommodating with all our requests. She understood our group's vibe and required little direction. She kept the party going, and I had such a great time dancing the night away with all our guests. Not to mention, Mona's fun, pleasant demeanor was such a treat to have on our special day. 10 outta 10!

Sent on 08/04/2018

John · Married on 06/02/2018

Mona was the perfect DJ for our wedding! She immediately understood our particular tastes in music and was able to complement our very specific requests with equally great suggestions. Every interaction with her was professional, easy, and super enjoyable. We received so many compliments during the reception (from some legit music snobs) about how great the song selections and moments played out. We couldn't have asked for a better pro or better person to provide the soundtrack for our special day. We'd recommend Mona and Mon Amie events to anyone! -Y&J

Sent on 06/23/2018

Jessica · Married on 11/04/2017

Mona was a fantastic DJ! She's super nice and relaxed and cool - just the vibe I wanted for my wedding ... She is also responsible, organized, responsive - everything you want in a wedding vendor! She's got great taste. She made the whole process easy from start to finish. I highly recommend her!!!

Sent on 01/09/2018

Clayton · Married on 10/21/2017

We had a great experience booking Mona for our wedding. She was really responsive to the vibe we wanted for our dance floor, and we had a fun time picking out our playlist with her. Mona was easy-going, professional, and very clearly wanted us to have the kind of time we were looking for. We received tons of compliments at our wedding for the music and party atmosphere, and we definitely owe that to Mona (and some friends even decided to book her for their wedding after attending ours). We offer our highest recommendation!

Sent on 12/20/2017

Lisa · Married on 09/16/2017

Mona was incredible! Prior to our wedding she was very responsive to all our questions and offered great advice both over email and in person. Day of, she was prompt and was amazing at reading the crowd. Most of the guests danced until the end so for us that was a complete success!

Sent on 10/01/2017

Dana · Married on 06/10/2017

Mona was a great choice for our June wedding. She was perfect for what we wanted -- a fun, relaxing night with great music and lots of dancing. We gave her a deep list of songs for various parts of the day, and her arrangement flowed perfectly with the vibe of the event. Everyone was on the floor all night, even chanting "One more song!" when it was over (she gave us two more!). No one wanted to leave. The day of, she executed everything perfectly. On the days leading up to our wedding, Mona was professional and sweet. We met with her in our neighborhood to discuss details and she quickly sent us her notes to make sure we were all on the same page before the big day. Everyone is still talking about and enjoying our playlist, which Mona was nice enough to share with us on Spotify. Thank you Mona -- we are so happy we found you!

Sent on 09/23/2017

Kayleigh · Married on 06/01/2017

Mona was amazing! Every guest at our wedding was up and dancing all night and complemented the choice of songs. Mona really understood our style and taste based on a short playlist we shared with her. She picked out extra songs that gelled perfectly with our requests and the style of the venue and event. She also handled the multiple requests from guests perfectly to keep everyone happy. Mona made time to talk to us at length before the event to ensure everything ran smoothly on the day (despite a tricky 5 hour time difference and mismatched schedules). We would highly recommend booking Mona for your next event if you want an evening your guests won't forget. Thanks Mona, your are lovely and brilliant at what you do!

Sent on 06/21/2017

Jenny · Married on 05/27/2017

Mona is awesome and wonderful and has superb taste in music and will make your wedding the best dance party ever!!! She took our list of favorite songs and played them at just the right times, and threw in some surprises that fit right in with our tastes while also pleasing the crowd. Everyone was up on their feet the whole night, it was a blast!! Thank you, Mona!!!

Sent on 06/03/2017

Rachel · Married on 05/06/2017

Mona is a true pro in every sense of the word. She's knowledgable, punctual, responsive, friendly -- everything you could want or need in a wedding DJ. I've spent most of my career as a music journalist, so I'd say the music at my wedding was easily the part I cared the most about. I provided Mona with a huge playlist for every portion of the wedding, and she went ahead and cherry-picked the best songs within that list, plus added a couple more with the same energy. Mona also knew how to MC the event itself (so neither I or my parents had to worry about directing the guests) and how to transition the songs so that nothing sounded too random placed together. But, not being a DJ myself, I had a lot of gaps to fill -- such as, I had no clue what I should pick for, like, the cake-cutting song or a closer. Mona was key in helping me understand what vibe to go for for each. But even if I wasn't as well-versed in the music world, I'd trust Mona to select every last song to fit my husband's and my vibe and preferences. No joke: After the wedding, I had guests of every age -- 24 to 84 -- telling me how much they loved the music. She's truly the BEST in the biz.

Sent on 06/09/2017

Peter · Married on 02/04/2017

Mona is exceedingly easy to work. She was flexible in scheduling and stayed in contact leading up to the wedding. She can cater a musical vibe to your exact specifications or, just as easily, build a vibe based on the themes of the wedding and the crowd in real time. She is super dynamic and can craft a musical landscape perfectly suited to your night. She was introduced to us by a friend who only works with the best and as such our expectations were very high from the start. Mona well surpassed them on every front. We received many compliments from wedding goers for the music and the vibe Mona created. We would absolutely recommend her to all.

Sent on 02/11/2017

Ariela · Married on 10/30/2016

Mona was the DJ for our wedding this past Sunday and she was absolutely amazing. From our initial meeting months before the wedding when we had vague ideas of what we wanted but not many specifics right through to the last dance, Mona made our day extra special. She was great fun to work with and super responsive planning everything. During the day she was beyond perfect, setting up mics, announcing speeches, finding a reading that someone had forgotten to bring and even helped a sick relative get home at the end of the night! Our guests never left the dance floor and everyone commented that Mona was the best DJ they had ever heard (not just at a wedding but anywhere). The music was spot on, incorporating all of our requests and really getting the vibe right. We could not recommend Mona more!!

Sent on 11/04/2016

Amy · Married on 10/15/2016

Mona is the best wedding DJ I could have imagined. She's professional, meticulously organized, down-to-earth, and all around awesome. Right up to our wedding day she was on top of every little detail: from mics and equipment to speeches, announcements, and of course, the best song choices and suggestions in Brooklyn. On the day itself she delivered beyond what I could have imagined--every song was on-point, and pretty much every guest came up to me and marveled at how great the music was. Tons of people commented that she was the best wedding DJ they'd ever heard! I can't recommend her enough.

Sent on 11/12/2016

Chrysten · Married on 10/08/2016

I can't say enough complimentary things about Mona Dehghan! Not only was she a great DJ who honored all of our requests and really read the style of our wedding perfectly, she was lovely to work with and a true professional who helped to make our wedding planning experience as stress free as possible. I highly recommend her to anyone looking to have a wedding where great music rules the night!

Sent on 11/21/2016

Amanda · Married on 10/02/2016

I loved working with Mona! When we first met 8 months before the wedding, I felt like I was meeting with an old friend for coffee -- that's how personable this gal is. She pays great attention to detail, is super responsive in emails, and really takes time to understand your preferences. She takes great notes and asks all the right questions, so by the time we got to the wedding itself, I felt like she had it all in hand and I didn't have to worry about a thing (and I was right!). Everyone had a blast dancing to our music and I owe it all to her. Hire her! :)

Sent on 10/06/2016

Gen · Married on 10/01/2016

Mona was a delight to work with! My wedding had 3 different audio setups in 3 different parts of a large estate in NY, and she pulled off everything effortlessly. From the very beginning of the process where my husband and I met with her to go over our ideas, she was incredibly professional, flexible, and just a really wonderful person to work with. She gets right back to you if you have any questions, she took our complicated direction and nailed it and was overall, such a great energy at our reception, and got the whole room on the dancefloor. I couldn't recommend her more highly!

Sent on 10/02/2016