Momentum Talent Group Reviews

54 | Glenview, IL

54 Reviews for Momentum Talent Group

Barbara · Married on 09/02/2012

The music was perfect and Larry Eckerling was very easy to work with and accommodating. Would love to use Momentum again and would recommend them without a doubt!

Sent on 11/03/2012

Marianna · Married on 08/05/2012

Hired Larry as a solo pianist for my small wedding and he was wonderful! Very professional, quick to respond to emails, flexible, and a wonderful musician!

Sent on 08/12/2012

Jessica · Married on 06/09/2012

The Momentum Talent Group did a magnificent job at my wedding. Their singers were right on tune and the entire room was in constant dance! All the guests had a great time and my wedding has been the talk of the week! I would recommend Larry and the momentum group without hesitation to other brides and grooms!!

Sent on 06/22/2012

Meghan · Married on 06/01/2012

We can’t say enough nice things about Momentum, this band is amazing! Great sound, awesome energy…they made our reception everything we could have possibly wanted.

Momentum did an incredible job of gaging the audience to keep the dance floor PACKED all night. They played a mix of music that not only reflected our own tastes but that all our guests enjoyed, from 80s music to top chart songs on the radio. Weeks after the wedding our guests are still raving about the band and how much fun they had dancing at our reception.

Larry in particularly was a delight to work with throughout the planning process, and he played a key role in helping us plan a great evening. Thank you Larry and the rest of the Momentum team for an unforgettable night!

Sent on 06/18/2012

Robyn · Married on 11/06/2011

Not only is this a group of incredibly talented people, they had the ability to read the crowd very well. The mix of music was perfect for the event--very contemporary mixed in with some wonderful oldies that everyone in the room just loved. People were up dancing all night long. I couldn't imagine my wedding with any other band. The Momentum Talent Group was just spectacular.

Sent on 11/08/2011

Joel · Married on 10/30/2011

AS A PARK DISTRICT COMMISSIONER I HAVE HIRED HUNDREDS OF MUSICAL GROUPS AND BANDS FOR OVER 15 YEARS.

AS A FATHER OF TWO DAUGHTERS I HAVE PERSONALLY HIRED AND PAID FOR TWO WEDDING BANDS THAT PERFORMED AT THEIR RESPECTIVE WEDDINGS.

I AM WRITTING THIS COMMENT TO ADVISE YOU THAT LARRY ECKERLING, MOMEMTUM TALENT GROUP, IS THE FINEST PROFESSIONAL MUSICAL LEADER THAT I HAVE HAD THE PLEASURE TO BE INVOLVED WITH. HE DOES A WONDERFUL PREPARATION WITH THE WEDDING COUPLE AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENTS TO DETERMINE WHAT MUSIC WILL BENEFIT THE ATTENDEES AT THE WEDDING. HE KNOWS WHAT THE GUESTS WILL ENJOY.

I HIGHLY RECCOMEND LARRY ECKERLING AS A WEDDING BAND LEADER/PERFORMER..

JOEL H. FARBER

Sent on 12/09/2011

Pam · Married on 09/04/2011

Great band! Outstanding selection of music, and very easy to work with. Extrememly responsive. Fabulous singers. The band had everyone dancing from start to finish. Great flow from ceremony, to reception and throughout the evening.

Sent on 09/06/2011

Joan · Married on 09/03/2011

Momentum Talent Group was responsive, professional, interested in creating a personalized and sensational contribution to our wedding. We had a string quartet and trumpet....all with great sound. Mr. Eckerling had only solutions to our concerns and added extremely helpful suggestions. This group was very professional and kind. Our recommendation is an unqualified and enthusiastic WOW!

Sent on 09/06/2011
  • I

Inna · Married on 07/03/2011

Great job - everyone loved it!

Sent on 07/06/2011

Julie · Married on 06/18/2011

The Momentum Talent Group provided music for my daughter's wedding ceremony, cocktail hour at the reception, and the dance music after the dinner was served. I chose Momentum because I know Larry Eckerling has a work ethic that knows no limits. And a quest for musical perfection. He has the highest standards when it comes to musicians and performances. I knew that whatever he did, it would be of the highest quality. And I wasn't wrong.
    For the wedding ceremony, Larry provided a string quartet, a vocalist, and himself at the piano. Tears were shed at the Ave Maria because it was so moving. The classic wedding ceremony songs were played with exuberance and joy. Just what I asked for. And the cantor was not to be believed. Her voice was so beautiful, emotive, her range was amazing. I've been to a lot of Masses and heard many cantors, and she is heads above anyone I've heard before.
    The trio played during the cocktail hour, providing backround music to conversation. I heard snippets of classics. They trio added to the ambiance of the party.
    The show stopper was the band. Every song got people up dancing. The dance floor was packed the entire night. From the 20- year olds, the teenagers, the little flower girls, the aunts and uncles, grandmothers and great grandfathers... everyone was dancing. Larry played all the specific songs we requested, and mixed in some classics and new hits. Truly, I've never seen a crowd react to a band like our guests reacted to Momentum. I can't describe how good this band was. The 4 singers, the horns, keyboard, drums, bass... I know I'm missing some, but they were unbelievable.
    Music can be a major expense at a wedding. And we wanted to have great music for my daughter's wedding. I know that in order to get the best product, you have to pay the price. In my opinion, Larry and Momentum are the best out there, so he's going to be more expensive than a DJ, or a pick-up band. They are professionals. We couldn't be more pleased with the music from start to finish. We won't hesitate to call him for our major events in the future.

Sent on 06/21/2011

Ben · Married on 05/29/2011

Momentum is awesome! They have a great feel for the mood of a room. Our guests (including the grandparents) danced to their heart's content.

Sent on 06/17/2011

Niki · Married on 03/26/2011

Non Stop dancing!! They played EVERYTHING from Stevie Wonder to C-LO , from the Horah to Greek music...
    fun to work with, my husband is a former musician, and super picky about music.. we also had a ton of musician guests.. every single one of them kept raving about how amazing the musicians,singers, and arrangements were.
    We couldn't be happier!

Sent on 04/12/2011

Adam · Married on 10/16/2010

We were extremely happy with Larry and Momentum. All of our friends from around the county were raving about the band. Everyone was dancing for the entire wedding which ended around 2:30 AM.

Sent on 12/02/2010

Debra · Married on 08/22/2010

Momentum did an amazing job at my daughter's wedding. The music went on and on and exceeded our expectations. Because of the variety of music we needed there were guests who thought we had two separate bands. Larry was very professional and pleasant to work with. I have already recommended him to other people. I would not hesitate for a second to hire him again. He did exactly what the bride and groom wanted. The dance floor was full of happy, dancing guests the entire evening. Momentum made the celebration what it was.

Bolb · Married on 07/24/2010

Larry is very easy to work with both in planning and at the event. Momentum played at my daughter's wedding. They were great. Even after 3 hours of continuous music the guests wanted more and we extended the band.

Great variety to please all of your guests. Customize to what you want including learning songs.

A great hire.

Sent on 07/26/2010

Leslie · Married on 06/30/2010

The Momentum Talent Group is an incredible band. They kept everyone up on the dance floor all night, and people are still talking about how awesome the band is 6 months after my wedding. I also appreciated that they were willing to learn new music for our first dance, as the song I picked was very unusual.

I was very pleased with their services.

David · Married on 12/31/2013

We hired Momentum Talent Group to provide music for our wedding ceremony and our reception. We choose a ten piece set up that was inclusive of 4 vocalists. We could not have been happier!! We met Larry Eckerling (the group's leader) a few months before the event. He did a great job of helping us think through the type of music we wanted for the ceremony. He was well adept at asking questions to better understand our tastes and lifestyle so that they could be reflected in the music. For the reception we gave him a handful of songs that we knew we wanted to hear and let him figure out the rest based on our conversation. The end result was spectacular! The band played through dinner and then continuously from 9pm through 1am. The dance floor was packed. They literally had to kick us out of the ballroom and the end of the night. What was especially refreshing was the passion with which the band played ... they were having a great time and it was contagious!! At our brunch the next day, our guests couldn't stop raving about the band!

Momentum Talent Group comes with my highest recommendation. They made our wedding special and fun!

Sent on 01/10/2014

Momentum Talent Group's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words! It was a magnificent party, and it was a pleasure to be a part of it!
  • Z

Zach · Married on 07/21/2013

We used the Momentum Talent Group for our wedding, and we highly recommend them! Larry was great to work with. He took the time to understand our needs for both the ceremony and reception and helped to make them both beautiful. Thanks to Momentum, our reception was a blast with everyone dancing til the very end. The band excelled with both traditional Jewish music and with popular music. So many of our guests remarked to us how fun the band was. We thank Momentum for helping to make our wedding celebration truly memorable.

Sent on 09/02/2013

Michelle · Married on 09/22/2012

Our feet may be mad at us, but we never stopped dancing on the night of our wedding! Momentum was a pleasure to work with allowing us to choose our first songs (even learned a new song for us) and listened to our music suggestions. We were amazed to see that both older adults and our friends never left the dance floor all night. Momentum helped create a great atmosphere and we could not have been happier with them!

Sent on 10/06/2012

Ellis · Married on 09/03/2011

Momentum band is awesome!! Larry is so easy to work with and we had the best time at our wedding!! The music was so fun and no one wanted to get off the dance floor!

Sent on 09/21/2011

David · Married on 11/13/2010

They played all the music and more that we requested - the bride was happy, we were happy. They were very flexible during the evening, extended some tunes, shortened more, added a set when we asked. Great Band !

Julie · Married on 09/22/2007

Larrys band was wonderful and flexible. When a CD I bought didn't work (for music during breaks) Eric, the lead vocalist, went to Radio Shack during my dinner, and actually purchased another CD player to try and get the CD to play, and it wouldnt play in that machine either, but they tried their hardest to resolve the situation.

Granted, he should have checked the CD prior to the night, but he had no idea that it wouldnt work. So to compensate, Larry played continuous with no extra charge to me so I would always have music and not have breaks.

Also, he allowed my brother's band to play using his own equipment shows his flexibility.

Their policy is that with at least one month's advanced notice, they will learn up to three songs that they did't already know.

Larry was always prompt with emails back and forth with me to plan and execute the event to my satisfaction. He really cares about his name and keeping a professional and upstanding quality of service to his customers. You know you will get the best with Larry...

Overall, they were a wonderful band at an amazing price. I would recommend them to any bride/groom.

Sent on 11/18/2008

Teddy · Married on 09/02/2012

The band was great, we were so happy with everything they played. Sounded fantastic!

The only minor complaint was that the DJ, when the party was winding down, was only playing small portions of songs. We specifically requested a song to close out the night and he only played about 1:30 of it. It seemed like he was trying to fit in as many songs as possible.

Still, we loved Momentum and would recommend them to everyone.

Sent on 10/09/2012

Momentum Talent Group's reply:

HI Teddy! Thank you for your review. I think that the DJ playing short versions of songs to close the night was simply an "artistic choice" , and sort of a musical collage. Apparently it's not something you would have preferred in hindsight, but at least the dance floor was packed, including with the DJ, which is why the DJ portion was extended at the end of the party. We at Momentum wish you and Becca the very best, and once again offer our heartfelt congratulations.
  • W

Happily · Married on 03/26/2011

The Band was fantastic!!!!!!! Dance floor was hoppin all night

Sent on 04/10/2011

Momentum Talent Group was outstanding to work with. They are very experienced and know what it takes to make a wedding run smoothly. More importantly, their music rocks and they kept everyone entertained and dancing all night long!

Sent on 04/14/2016