54 Reviews for Momentum Talent Group

Music During Breaks (1)
Liability Insurance (1)
Willing to Travel (1)
53 Momentum Talent Group Reviews

We used Momentum Talent for our church service, cocktail hour, dinner and reception. The music was perfectly selected and beautiful. For the reception, Larry Eckerling and his talented musicians and singers delivered on their promise to "continuously elevate" the party during the course of the evening. The dance floor was packed all night long. It seemed every song played was perfect for that moment of the evening. It was a celebration our guests will always remember, so much fun! The next morning, everyone was commenting how awesome the band was. Larry, great job!!!! Thank you!

Profile Picture Larry, 4/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Band
Services Used: Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, Liability Insurance, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel

Momentum Talent Group was AMAZING!!! From the music at the ceremony, to the cocktail hour, to the reception, they were nothing but outstanding. I am STILL receiving compliments on Momentum Talent Group and I'm being told that Momentum made my wedding one of THE BEST weddings my guests have ever been to! Thank you so much Larry and all of those band members involved in my wedding. I hope to see you again at a future wedding!

Profile Picture Kelley, 4/9/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals

The Momentum Talent Group performed at my wedding reception on March 12th, and I couldn't have dreamed of a better experience. Not only was Larry extremely responsive from day one, but he was also SO helpful assisting in the planning of the whole vibe of our reception from cocktail hour to the last dance. And boy, did he deliver. I knew that I would get a lot of compliments on the band, just by looking at all of their videos online and from word of mouth from others who have seen this band perform. But I was shocked by all of the phone calls and emails I received the next day from my family and friends who said that not only did Momentum ROCK, but they also helped to make our wedding the best one they had ever been to. Honestly, I don't think there can be any higher praise for a band.

Oh, and also.... I made a passing comment at a meeting with Larry before the wedding that I always wanted to hear the song Tightrope by Janelle Monae performed by a band with a horn section. Not only did they learn the song (and dedicate it to me while I was on the dance floor), but they performed it so amazingly well, I'm almost disappointed when I hear the original track now. Their horn section is INSANE, their guitarist is AMAZING (yes, I heard that little tribute riff to Jimi during the set), their vocalists are out of this world IMPRESSIVE... but most of all, Larry is unbelievably talented in arranging a great party.

Bottom line, if you want your wedding to be an incredibly memorable experience, and a true dance party, hire the Momentum Talent Group. You won't be disappointed!

Profile Picture User6483520, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, MC, Reception, Vocals, Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Momentum Talent Group was outstanding to work with. They are very experienced and know what it takes to make a wedding run smoothly. More importantly, their music rocks and they kept everyone entertained and dancing all night long!

Profile Picture User6595479, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

Momentum Talent Group made our wedding day the party that it was. From start to finish, Larry was such a pleasure to work with, so responsive, open & creative... Such a great resource to bounce ideas off of and partner to collaborate with.

As for the wedding day, I can't tell you how many people came up to us to compliment the band. So many were telling us it was the best band they've ever heard, and we couldn't agree more. We were SO lucky to have them as part of our wedding day... One of the best and easiest decisions we made!

Profile Picture User4243633, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Band

Larry did an outstanding job with our daughter's wedding! Our older daughter got married six years ago and we loved Momentum so much, we HAD to have them for out second daughters wedding! He was very professional, adaptable, but most importantly, his music rocked! The dance floor was never empty, and he played a great mix of contempary and 'classic' songs. He took one brief break, per our request, but had continous music from 5:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m. Everyone raved how great the band was and that it was the best wedding they had ever been to! Great job, one more child to go!!!

Profile Picture Nancy, 9/12/15, 1 Review
Category: Band

The band was awesome! We got so many compliments, I am very pleased with the entertainment they provided, it made the party! The only issues we had were that they forgot to announce part of our bridal party during introductions and I would suggest that someone from the band let the bride know when they are going do to the first dances and bouquet toss because the time goes by so fast and I wasn't prepared when they made some of those announcements. Other than that, awesome!!

Profile Picture User4969989, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Band

Exelent band and cooperation through our whole experience.

Profile Picture Grant, 6/27/15, 1 Review
Category: Band

Larry Eckerling is an incredible musician. My husband and I hired him to play the piano at our small wedding reception. We wanted classy background piano music to play during our lunch reception. He was a pleasure to work with and made everything so easy. Right from the first email he was professional and responsive. We gave him a list of the artists we were interested in hearing and he did the rest. Larry was also our emcee for the reception, which made the introductions and speeches go a lot more smoothly. Our guests had a great time listening for familiar songs as the afternoon went on and could not give him enough praise. Larry did a fantastic job and helped create a romantic and intimate atmosphere.

Profile Picture Victoria, 5/23/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Band

We hired Momentum to play at our wedding from the ceremony, to cocktails, to reception. They not only did a phenomenal job, they were great to deal with, and totally "got us" as a couple. We had a couple of calls with Larry Eckerling (leader) and a few other top rated Chicago big bands before deciding. One of the deciding factors was that with Momentum, we got to speak with and coordinate with the leader of the band that would be present at our wedding. That's not always the case with other talent groups.

Our wedding was a bit different as we had a traditional Jewish ceremony and also incorporated some of my Chinese heritage during the reception, AND my husband and I are big fans of rap, hip/hop, and R&B. I thought we'd be a challenge for Larry but not at all. They learned traditional Jewish songs for our processional, and then a piano/violin rendition of Kanye West's "Homecoming" for the recessional -- truly one of my favorite moments of the day. They also did a great job working with my day-of-coordinator and the traditional Chinese Lion Dancers to transition between performances seamlessly.

We also had Momentum learn Bruce Springsteen's "When You Need Me" for the father/daughter dance, Big Pun's "Still Not a Player", and my favorite of the night - Bell Biv Devoe's "Poison". Yes, you read that correctly. Some old school BBD. And they killed it!

Profile Picture Janie, 3/7/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Band

We hired The Momentum Talent Group for our wedding on October, 11 2014.
We were very happy with our decision to hire them. A highly professional group. They definitely know what they're doing and they do it to perfection! They were able to keep our dance floor packed the entire time! So many of our guests commented on how good our band was! They offer a very versatile style that just works well for everyone.
Larry Eckerling, the band leader, was always very prompt in responding to emails and communicating in general. It was a pleasure dealing with him. We always felt as though he was out to please us in any way he could. He was a huge help in recommending music pieces in the areas we were unsure of. His knowledge and expertise really shows through.
Larry Eckerling also provided a Baroque Trio (Violin, piano & flute) for our church ceremony. The sound was enchanting! Again, so many commented on how beautiful the ceremony music was.
You will make a sound decision by choosing The Momentum Talent Group. Promise!

Profile Picture Silvia , 9/28/14, 4 Reviews

Fab-u-lous!!
We still continue to get great comments from our guests about Momentum Talent Group: "What an awesome band" "My feet still hurt from dancing so much" "How did you find them?" etc.
If 2 of your goals for your event are:
* Have a great band and
* A packed dance floor
Then Momentum Talent Groupl is the band for you!!
Also, working with Larry (MTG's band leader) was nothing but a pleasure from start to finish along with providing guidance & direction during the process.

Profile Picture User4448531, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

Momentum Talent Group was wonderful! Everyone at our wedding said they had so much fun dancing because the band was awesome! The dance floor was hardly ever empty, aside from when the band took their break but we made a play-list for those 15 minutes. The band could tell everyone was enjoying themselves so they didn't even take a second break! Thanks for everything!

Profile Picture Sally, 9/6/14, 1 Review
Category: Band

Best band ever! We wanted to ensure fabulous music all night long... Momentum talent Group exceeded our highest expectations!! The dance floor was packed all night!!! Highly recommend the continuous music package!!! Amazing band!! Made the night spectacular !!!!

Profile Picture Erica, 8/16/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

After another group left us in the lurch a month before the wedding, we found Larry Eckerling and Momentum. During our first conversation, Larry got straight to the point: he let us know that he would make it happen, and we were instantly reassured. He and the musicians certainly delivered! I assumed that we would have to make some concessions due to the late date, but the wonderful trio (guitar, cello, violin) played all the specific songs we wanted, including some rather obscure ones. They were professional and incredibly easy to work with, and the music itself was beautiful. Larry truly saved us!

Profile Picture Lisa, 7/26/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Band

we knew from the minute that we met with Larry, that he was the entertainment that we wanted at our daughter's wedding.

He was so professional and flexible throughout the entire process. He and his orchestra were able to accommodate us for the cocktail party, the dinner, and the reception music.

Everyone loved them and we are still getting calls and e-mails about them!

Profile Picture User4257958, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Band, Entertainer

The band was fantastic- I think quite possibly the only reason why people even danced at the party! Thank you.

Profile Picture Avital, 7/5/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

Thanks to Larry & the Momentum Talent Group for helping to make our wedding such a fun party. Larry was great to work with and helped us to come up with the perfect music plan for our evening -- from the ceremony to the reception and to a DJ for the after party. The Momentum Talent Group set the tone perfectly and had the whole crowd dancing the whole night. Thank you!

Profile Picture Deanna, 5/10/14, 1 Review
Category: Band

We hired Momentum Talent Group to provide music for our wedding ceremony and our reception. We choose a ten piece set up that was inclusive of 4 vocalists. We could not have been happier!! We met Larry Eckerling (the group's leader) a few months before the event. He did a great job of helping us think through the type of music we wanted for the ceremony. He was well adept at asking questions to better understand our tastes and lifestyle so that they could be reflected in the music. For the reception we gave him a handful of songs that we knew we wanted to hear and let him figure out the rest based on our conversation. The end result was spectacular! The band played through dinner and then continuously from 9pm through 1am. The dance floor was packed. They literally had to kick us out of the ballroom and the end of the night. What was especially refreshing was the passion with which the band played ... they were having a great time and it was contagious!! At our brunch the next day, our guests couldn't stop raving about the band!

Momentum Talent Group comes with my highest recommendation. They made our wedding special and fun!

Profile Picture David, 12/31/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

We hired Momentum Talent Group for both of our children's weddings and could not have possibly been more pleased with Larry's service and their performance!

Profile Picture Rick, 12/21/13, 1 Review
Category: Band

The Momentum Talent Group absolutely nailed it on the night of our wedding. If you are looking for perfect wedding entertainment, stop what you are doing and get this unbelievable group of musicians scheduled immediately. Larry and his band were extremely professional and willing to go the extra mile throughout the planning and execution on the big day. Our dance floor was packed the entire night, and the texts and messages keep pouring in about how great this band performed. Our hats are off to this group, if we could see them perform every week we would. Great job!

Profile Picture Mark, 9/14/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Band

We had the pleasure and honor of working with Larry and Momentum Talent Group at our wedding last evening. We enjoyed every second, from the music during cocktail hour and throughout dinner to the amazing sets played during the dancing! Larry was extremely responsive, helpful, and flexible during our planning process. We appreciated the group's professionalism, expertise and experience in playing together. Our family and friends said this was the best band they had ever heard at an event, and they literally danced for 5 straight hours! Thank you Larry and Momentum Talent Group!

Profile Picture Tracy, 9/7/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

Momentum Talent Group provided both the ceremony and reception music for my wedding. The ceremony music was composed of a 43-piece orchestra playing pieces from Tchaikovsky, Beethoven, and Brahms. The reception music was an 11-piece band that played Frank Sinatra-era music.

Profile Picture User3585958, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

We used the Momentum Talent Group for our wedding, and we highly recommend them! Larry was great to work with. He took the time to understand our needs for both the ceremony and reception and helped to make them both beautiful. Thanks to Momentum, our reception was a blast with everyone dancing til the very end. The band excelled with both traditional Jewish music and with popular music. So many of our guests remarked to us how fun the band was. We thank Momentum for helping to make our wedding celebration truly memorable.

Profile Picture Zach, 7/21/13, 1 Review
Category: Band

WOW! The band was superb!!! Absolutely AWESOME! Larry is incredible!!! Great communicator and responds within minutes of sending an email. VERY professional, very organized, AWESOME! The musicians are 'top notch'!!! The Cover Girl Violinists also played with the band...and it was a complete musical package!!! We had guests from all over the states including a guest from out of the country----
they stated they have attended many weddings, receptions in Long Island, Hampton's, Manhattan, etc. This band and the Cover Girl Violinists was the best band they had ever heard!!!

We were a tad concerned initially because we had not heard them in person. We are very conscientious
about the choices we make and our need for quality in all area's of life. OH MY WORD....THEY EXCEEDED OUR EXPECTATIONS IN EVERY WAY!!! They Rock!!! If you want a professionally ran wedding reception from start to finish, the Momentum Talent Group is the band!!! With Larry orchestrating....it's flawless!!! Lana Whited, Mother of the Bride

Profile Picture Lana, 7/13/13, 1 Review