Molly's Cupcakes Reviews

Molly's Cupcakes 6
Molly's Cupcakes 7

Elizabeth Tucker · Married on 01/19/2019

The best!!

We are so glad that we chose Molly's Cupcakes for our January 2019 wedding! All of our guests raved about the cupcakes and how much they loved them, one person even said to me afterwards that they wished they had grabbed another cupcake to go on their way out! Thankfully we were able to snag a few extras to take home with us :) Our wedding cake was so beautiful, and just as delicious! And they even helped me create the most special Groom's cake to surprise my husband with!

It was so wonderful working with Kristine, she made everything so seamless and easy for us. The whole team and experience with Molly's was amazing!

Sent on 02/17/2019

Vanessa · Married on 10/05/2018

Delicious Wedding Cake

When we got engaged I knew I wanted to have Molly’s at our wedding as early on in our relationship we went on one of our first dates for cupcakes there! The tasting was one of our favorite parts of wedding planning as they make it really fun. Although they may be known for their cupcakes we ordered a 3-tiered cake and sheet cake for our ~130 person wedding and couldn’t have been happier with the result. The white chocolate raspberry cake was to die for and we received so many compliments! Someone came up to me and told me they were on their fourth piece...thanks, Molly’s!

Sent on 10/18/2018

Kathleen P Guinid · Married on 08/18/2018

Seamless and Fun

We used Molly's Cupcakes for our wedding cake and to have cupcakes for our sweets table. Kristine was great with communicating and made the process from tasting to ordering seamless. They were flexible even when we wanted to make changes to the order. For our cake we chose for the 9 inch creme brulee and requested it be a naked cake. Not only did it look beautiful but guests kept asking me about it weeks after and admitted they may have overindulged at the sweets table as there wasn't a bite left within the first hour of it being served. I would use Molly's again and will find an excuse to have that cake made any chance I'd get.

Sent on 03/24/2019
    Molly's Cupcakes 8
    Molly's Cupcakes 9

Julianne · Married on 07/28/2018

We hired Molly's on Clark St. to do the cupcakes for our wedding on July 28, 2018. They were so organized and helpful throughout the process. We even go to do a tasting, which was super helpful in choosing flavors. Our cupcakes on our big day were delicious, and we got so many compliments!! Thanks, Molly's!

Sent on 09/03/2018
  • Jane

Jane · Married on 07/13/2018

Delicious, beautiful, and affordable

Everything about Molly’s Cupcakes was incredible, from how delicious the cupcakes were to how wonderful the people were to work with!

Sent on 10/21/2018
    Molly's Cupcakes 10
    Molly's Cupcakes 11

sacha · Married on 06/09/2018

Molly's has delicious cupcakes at surprisingly great prices! The wedding coordinator, Kristine, was very knowledgeable and responsive to my emails throughout my wedding planning process. The delivery driver was punctual and understanding. The directions to get to the venue were kind of confusing for some vendors, but he didn't have a problem finding it at all!

Sent on 08/23/2018

Kathleen · Married on 06/08/2018

We are longtime Molly's fans and ordered some mini and mega cupcakes for our wedding. From the initial tasting to the pick-up day, Kristine was an absolute pleasure to work with. She was very organized, happy to answer all of our questions and made the entire process a breeze. The cupcakes at Molly's are out of this world delicious! Our guests LOVED them and there wasn't a single sprinkle left. We liked having the mini-sized option so that guests could walk around and mingle without having to sit down and use a fork. Again, everything was amazing from start to finish. Thank you so much to the entire staff for helping make our wedding day extra tasty. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 07/24/2018

Christina · Married on 05/27/2018

Creme Brûlée cutting cake!
    so we ordered a cutting cake and about 400 of our very favorite mini cupcakes.

The tasting was amazing. We opted for the small additional charge to have them delivered. Worth every penny! Our guests could not stop raving about the cupcakes and the delicious cutting cake.

The options are endless and the customer service was above and beyond!
    Our wedding was on 5/27/18 and I was worried about the weather with it being almost 98 degrees. Cupcakes lasted great everything was phenomenal!

Sent on 05/31/2018

Melissa · Married on 05/26/2018

We used Molly's for our wedding cake and cupcakes and found the quality and service to be of exceptional value! Of all the wedding vendors we worked with, Molly's was by far the most pleasant, professional, and easy to deal with. Kristine did a great job making sure we got what we wanted, even accommodating last-minute changes to the decorations. Our guests loved everything. You won't find a better deal for wedding cakes. Thanks, Molly's!

Sent on 07/02/2018
    Molly's Cupcakes 12
    Molly's Cupcakes 13
    Molly's Cupcakes 14
    Molly's Cupcakes 15

Elizabeth · Married on 05/05/2018

Molly’s Cupcakes. Oh. My. Gosh. So incredibly delicious!
    My husband and I had been dreaming about these cupcakes since we had a tasting several months ago. They provided an assortment of cupcakes for our wedding, as well as a small wedding cake for us to cut into. I made sure to tell everyone at the reception to save room for these unbelievable cupcakes. My one regret is not ordering more! I was able to glance at the cupcake assortment when it was brought out, and once we cut our little wedding cake I looked back to see how many cupcakes were left, and they were all gone! These are the best cupcakes I’ve ever had, and obviously everyone else loved them too!

Sent on 05/15/2018

Kelsey · Married on 05/05/2018

We loved our wedding cake from Molly's Cupcake. Kristine was wonderful to work with, and the tasting was so much fun. We loved being able to turn any of their cupcakes into a beautiful wedding cake. We made a few modifications (i.e., white frosting instead of blue!), and everything looked perfect on our wedding day. Molly's was also one of the best-priced options that we came across. 100% recommend them!

Sent on 06/08/2018
    Molly's Cupcakes 16

Tommy · Married on 04/14/2018

We absolutely love Molly's!! The minis allowed us to offer 7 different flavors to our guests and everyone RAVED about how good they all were. We even ordered a bit than we thought we would need, but our guests still ate all of them! It was super easy to set up a tasting with them and Kristine could not have been easier to work with. If you want cupcakes for your wedding, you'd be crazy to not go with Molly's!

Sent on 06/10/2018

Tina · Married on 03/31/2018

When it was time to start planning our wedding, Molly's Cupcakes was the one and only place on our list where my husband and I wanted to get our wedding cake from. We have been going to Molly's since it opened many moons ago. The wedding and events coordinator, Kristine, was fantastic to work with. She was very quick to respond to all of our inquiries. Cake tasting is probably the best part of wedding planning, especially when you and your betrothed get to sit on swings and taste a variety of cake flavors and frosting that you've picked beforehand. We went with a 3-tiered cake plus a sheet cake of the classic red velvet for 100 people (and one vegan cupcake for myself!). Everyone at our wedding raved about the cake and ate every last crumb. We are so thankful to have a place that is so near and dear to us be part of our special day!

Sent on 06/21/2018
    Molly's Cupcakes 17
    Molly's Cupcakes 18

Susie · Married on 03/23/2018

We have always loved introducing people to Molly's, and figured having it at our wedding would be fitting.

Kristine was responsive, knowledgeable, and flexible when it came to our order. She answered e-mails promptly, and since we were unable to come in for the tasting (I work weekends), she arranged a to-go tasting box. We decided on center-filled Cookies-n-Cream and Creme Brûlée cupcakes, and a custom 6" red velvet cake with Oreo mousse in between the layers (a suggestion that I'm grateful Kristine made...it tasted so good!)

The cake and cupcakes were delivered in impeccable condition, and looked delightful and delicious arranged on platters and an acrylic cake tier. Guests raved about the cupcakes (for reference we ordered 114 cupcakes for 95 guests and only had a few left over).

Thanks Molly's for making our wedding cake and dessert tasty and memorable! Now I have an excuse to go to Molly's for our wedding anniversary!

Sent on 07/05/2018
    Molly's Cupcakes 19
    Molly's Cupcakes 20

Audrey · Married on 02/17/2018

I could not have imagined a better vendor for our wedding day! My husband and I had a blast tasting, our coordinator was friendly and accommodating; we live out of state and she was happy to work with us over the phone. I had a unique cake combo and Molly's ran literal tests to see what would look best for my day. They are my favorite bakery in Chicago, and now possibly the world!

Sent on 02/26/2018
  • hazelgrace

Theresa · Married on 01/27/2018

Love Molly's cupcakes. They were my favorite when I lived in NYC and I was delighted to find out their original location was in Chicago, which meant we could get their cupcakes for our wedding. Since we were outside of the city, they did not offer setup, but they delivered the cupcakes for a reasonable fee and our caterer set them up for us. They are SO delicious. My favorite is the creme brûlée, and the guests were raving about it as well.

Sent on 02/10/2018

Roxanne · Married on 01/11/2018

When my husband and I decided to have cupcakes in iieu of a cake at our wedding, we knew Molly's Cupcakes was the obvious choice. We were huge fans before we decided on using them as our "cake vendor". Kristine was our contact in setting up the cake tasting and throughout the entire process. She was always very prompt, professional, and patient with us. We had 70 guests so with Kristine's advice we ordered one mega cupcake for my husband and I to share and then a mix of standard-sized and mini cupcakes for our guests. It was the perfect amount and everyone LOVED them. They have vegan options for vanilla and chocolate cupcakes/frosting, too, which are just as delicious.

Molly's Cupcakes delivers for a reasonable fee. They offer set up for a small fee, but we passed on that service since we had a day of coordinator and caterer there to help with set up. You will also need to purchase a cupcake tier, but they're pretty affordable. Kristine was able to give us recommendations on where to order them.

Both my husband and I were SO happy with the service and quality of Molly's Cupcakes. They are top-notch.

Sent on 02/18/2018
    Molly's Cupcakes 21

Tiffany · Married on 12/30/2017

Amazing cupcakes! Easy to work with, great product, loved the flavor options

Sent on 07/21/2017

Mary · Married on 11/25/2017

We had the pleasure of using Molly's Cupcakes for our wedding last year and loved working with them! We worked with Kristine and she was great to work with - from the emails, cake tasting, etc, she was great! We had a variety of mini cupcakes, reg sized cupcakes and a cake, and our guests loved it all! Would definitely recommend Molly's to anyone...we'll be ordering for our anniversary/any special occasion in the future!

Sent on 10/01/2018
    Molly's Cupcakes 22
    Molly's Cupcakes 23
    Molly's Cupcakes 24
  • Y

Yuan · Married on 11/18/2017

Working with Molly's cupcakes for our wedding was one of the easiest tasks we had to do! You should go with Molly's if 1) you love cupcakes, 2) you don't want to break the bank for your wedding cake, 3) you want to work with some of the most experienced bakers in town!

Everything went so smoothly. We met Kristine, the wedding coordinator, at our tasting. She was super helpful and answered our emails very promptly. Through the entire process, it was evident that she is also super organized and experienced! For our wedding, we ordered 72 cupcakes and one 6 inch cake. We had about 6 different flavors for the cupcakes. Kristine was very accommodating and let us mix and match everything. I envisioned the 6 inch cake to be a certain way and Kristine was very flexible and modeled the cake exactly like the Pinterest picture I sent at no extra cost! You also have the option to design everything on your own, but we love Molly's original designs so much that it fit well into our wedding!

Getting Molly's cupcakes for our wedding was a no-brainer!! It was very reasonably priced and the delivery fee was not as ridiculous as other bakeries. Our guests also loved that they can pick amongst so many flavors!

Sent on 12/05/2017

Gabriela · Married on 11/04/2017

We used Molly's Cupcakes for our November 2017 wedding. The groom (as well as many of the guests) had dietary restrictions, and Molly's was able to accommodate them without any problems. We were able to do a tasting with them and ended up deciding on several different flavors of cupcakes, allowing everyone at the wedding to be able to have something that they would love. They have both vegan and gluten free options. They were very flexible in letting us change our order (both in quantity and flavors) as we neared the wedding date, and worked with us to schedule the delivery that worked with the venue's timeline. Mostly importantly, everybody LOVED the cupcakes. Every single flavor was a hit with our guests. We would highly recommend them!

Sent on 11/14/2017

Stefani · Married on 11/04/2017

We chose Molly's for our November wedding of about 140-150 people because of how much I already loved their cupcakes and because a portion of their profits go to local schools. We ordered mostly cupcakes, as well as a small 6" cake. From the initial tasting (which was adorable and left us with an almost painful sugar high) to the week after the wedding (in which I basically ate the entire 6" cake), Molly's was great. Kristine accommodated my menu adjustments quickly and easily, including a few individual cupcake flavors and vegan needs for a couple special attendees. They even made a specific out-of-rotation flavor that I wanted. And the guests LOVED them. Lately at weddings I've seen so many "dessert tables" with tiny sweets, that are decidedly not cake, go barely touched. Not with these cupcakes, I should have ordered more. I ordered eight flavors total, and at one point we had a guest leave the dessert table with two FULL plates, one of each flavor. I'm hoping she shared but there's no guarantee. You will have to provide your own display set up, as Molly's does not have display rentals, but typically your caterer will be able to provide options for you there, so it's not that big of an issue. I'd highly recommend Molly's, just make sure you get your caterer to grab you one or two so that you get to enjoy them at your reception as much as your guests.

Sent on 12/02/2017
  • Keladriel

Kelly · Married on 11/04/2017

We picked Molly's Cupcakes for our wedding because they are my favorite bakery in the city! I had a really great experience with them throughout the entire process. The tasting was fun and the ordering, payments, and delivery was very easy. We ordered a 9" cake with assorted flavors of cupcakes and mini-cupcakes. Everyone loved the desserts so much that my husband and I barely got to eat any ourselves. There wasn't even anything left at the end of the night to take home!

Sent on 06/17/2018
    Molly's Cupcakes 25
    Molly's Cupcakes 26

Megan · Married on 10/28/2017

delicious and beautiful cake creations! Molly's made a custom 2-tier cake for our wedding and it was gorgeous! I sent them an image I found online and they created an identical cake. Kristine, the wedding coordinator for Molly's, was so helpful and responsive. Everything from the tasting to ordering and delivery was easy and organized. I would recommend Molly's to anyone looking for cakes/cupcakes. Great quality and very nice people to work with.

Sent on 11/09/2017
    Molly's Cupcakes 27

Jennifer · Married on 10/28/2017

We used Molly's for our 9" cutting cake. We love their Chocolate Ganache filled cupcakes and they were able to turn that into a cake! At first they weren't going to be able to add the ganache because we wanted white frosting on the exterior - but that's the best part! After speaking to the head chef, Molly's found a way to incorporate the ganache for us! The cake turned out beautifully and was absolutely delicious! It was such a great experience working with Molly's!

Sent on 11/11/2017